shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get well soon, Bluegemz.
Thank you Burmesedaze! Still feeling it, but hopefully the worst is over now.

Your ruby is so glowing and beautiful. That color is robust and strong. Really love the proportions of the settings too.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, I'm curious about where you live. I am in the Hudson Valley in NY.

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Though Santa Fe is a great and magic city and a wonderful vacation spot, I really miss being in California where we are both from, and bigger cities in general and being near the coast. All family is there. We are here for my husband's career. We both work in Los Alamos. In a decade, then we can start possibly moving back. I love the NY area!

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Get well soon Bluegemz!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy it's Friday! The only new piece today (as in I haven't posted it yet) is this shaggy labradorite necklace. I got this at a gallery for jewelry artists. I'm also wearing these staples which I've shown before. Earrings are small , labradorite drops.

Labradorite is such an interesting stone! I think of it as a symbolic representation of finding light in the shadows, seeing in the dark, finding illumination and a path forward.

IMG_4663.jpg
IMG_4668.JPG

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Acinom That ring of yours is my favorite on the entire site. I don't have a thread for this ring. It was my first "paraiba" and it was like the George Carlin joke about cocaine (what does cocaine make you feel like? More cocaine!).

More paraiba!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG_3834.JPG

That's gorgeous Doberman!!! Do you have a thread on your ring?

Apparantly we are in the same mood: I am wearing my Paraiba today. Stone and setting via and by Leon Mege.

That glow, makes me want to jump right into the paraiba for a refreshing swim!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Keeping it plain and pretty with my carved white jadeite earrings and a pink tourmaline ring. The earrings have a tiny diamond and pink sapphire accent apiece. I like how the backs of the earrings are carved with detail too. 20170909_040833.jpg 20170909_040950-1.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping it plain and pretty with my carved white jadeite earrings and a pink tourmaline ring. The earrings have a tiny diamond and pink sapphire accent apiece. I like how the backs of the earrings are carved with detail too. 20170909_040833.jpg 20170909_040950-1.jpg
I love those!!!! Truly, I've been thinking about and looking at icy jade these days. I love the size of your earrings . They are like melting ice!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been eyeing this little cabochon along with another one that's better quality just oval and ice clear. I like this one because of how sweet it is! I was thinking it would make a great ring with a diamond set nearby, kind of like a bypass style. Or, a tiny, white star sapphire cabochon!
IMG_4671.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the other two I've been looking at. The larger one sold, but something between these sizes would be so beautiful!
IMG_4672.jpg
IMG_4673.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are the other two I've been looking at. The larger one sold, but something between these sizes would be so beautiful!
IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

Oh I know which seller this is :) though I've never been to her shop in Singapore.

I think something in between would be optimal too! Saw the stars she posted on FB and thought they could be cute earrings or would look pretty in a bracelet of them with variations in colours and texture.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I know which seller this is :) though I've never been to her shop in Singapore.

I think something in between would be optimal too! Saw the stars she posted on FB and thought they could be cute earrings or would look pretty in a bracelet of them with variations in colours and texture.

I know, right? They are so dreamy and have that childlike purity . I really am quite inspired by the little stars. I have not yet purchased from this seller, but I really like the loose stones. That is where the intense dark purple cabochon which I was considering came from.

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looooooove that cabochon star @Bluegemz!!!! It will make an amazing ring. And I love the cabs you just posted. Are you willing to reveil the seller?

Today I have a craving for diamond sugar... Zircon by Jeff Davies, setting by Victor Canera. The unplated WG ring is my remade wedding band with sapphires by Dutch designer L*sieraden
IMG_3843.JPG IMG_3844.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know, right? They are so dreamy and have that childlike purity . I really am quite inspired by the little stars. I have not yet purchased from this seller, but I really like the loose stones. That is where the intense dark purple cabochon which I was considering came from.

I just took a look at the cabochon again. I kept thinking it's a sphere. It's lopsided on one side a/c to the description and the photo, at the base. Mm, I think it's pretty overpriced, rarity notwithstanding. Much prefer your lavender jade pendant that's nice and even with a better texture. I'll check out the shop when I'm back in Singapore in December for the hols and let you know if it's as good as it looks in the photos, if it's still available :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just took a look at the cabochon again. I kept thinking it's a sphere. It's lopsided on one side a/c to the description and the photo, at the base. Mm, I think it's pretty overpriced, rarity notwithstanding. Much prefer your lavender jade pendant that's nice and even with a better texture. I'll check out the shop when I'm back in Singapore in December for the hols and let you know if it's as good as it looks in the photos, if it's still available :)
I'd really appreciate that, Burmesedaze! Thank you so much. Very, very kind. I wonder if the prices are negotiable? And, I am grateful that you think the lavender one which I purchased was a better choice. It's very reassuring. Buying jade can be excruciating because it always involves saying no to a contender which is also beautiful, and though similar, since each piece is its own universe, it feels like saying goodbye to something which you also wanted! I am very happy with the pendant though.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looooooove that cabochon star @Bluegemz!!!! It will make an amazing ring. And I love the cabs you just posted. Are you willing to reveil the seller?

Today I have a craving for diamond sugar... Zircon by Jeff Davies, setting by Victor Canera. The unplated WG ring is my remade wedding band with sapphires by Dutch designer L*sieraden
IMG_3843.JPG IMG_3844.JPG

Acinom, I'm pleased that they have inspired you! Im a firm believer in jade and jewelry karma, In that one finds the pieces one should have, and that jade finds its rightful owner. Therefore, I'm happy to share the seller. It's YokDee. Best is to look at Facebook. They have a smaller etsy shop with more limited selection. They are clear about the lighting of the pictures taken, not altering them with photoshop in any way. They claim everything is untreated, grade A and I assume each piece comes with a reputable report if requested. The jades definitely look that way to me, but again, I've not yet purchased from them, so as always, buyer be aware.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd really appreciate that, Burmesedaze! Thank you so much. Very, very kind. I wonder if the prices are negotiable? And, I am grateful that you think the lavender one which I purchased was a better choice. It's very reassuring. Buying jade can be excruciating because it always involves saying no to a contender which is also beautiful, and though similar, since each piece is its own universe, it feels like saying goodbye to something which you also wanted! I am very happy with the pendant though.

I should think it's negotiable but I guess it also depends on payment mode. The seller factored in intl shipping, payment charges (paypal/credit card) and such. If you pay straight cash to buy electronics and such pricier stuff at the smaller shops in Singapore, they can discount these charges away. If she's been having the stock for too long, I guess there's more leeway for a discount too. Btw, my Burmese jewellers think some of her items are overpriced :razz: when I show them various pieces, and probably look better/icier in the photos than IRL.

I still hear from my Burmese jewellers that the jade market isn't good, not much buying and selling. The jade emporium was decent for normal run of mill commercial jade, but not for high end stuff.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should think it's negotiable but I guess it also depends on payment mode. The seller factored in intl shipping, payment charges (paypal/credit card) and such. If you pay straight cash to buy electronics and such pricier stuff at the smaller shops in Singapore, they can discount these charges away. If she's been having the stock for too long, I guess there's more leeway for a discount too. Btw, my Burmese jewellers think some of her items are overpriced :razz: when I show them various pieces, and probably look better/icier in the photos than IRL.

I still hear from my Burmese jewellers that the jade market isn't good, not much buying and selling. The jade emporium was decent for normal run of mill commercial jade, but not for high end stuff.

That's good to know...it all helps with bargaining chips. I've done direct bank transfers before when trust is there and a fair price has been agreed upon. Last sentence deleted because I misread your post.

If you find that it isn't a great shop, if you happen to find a few better ones, I'd really love to know because I'd love to buy some cabochons. The timing is perfect because ideally, I would prefer to buy after December.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I recently saw these on Hiddentreasure on etsy. I know people have bought paraiba from this seller. She also has some ice jadeite cabs. These vivid purples are beautiful and vibrant. They are in the 6 k range. They would be more if the texture were more smooth and even. But the color is great.
IMG_4675.jpg
IMG_4676.jpg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's good to know...it all helps with bargaining chips. I've done direct bank transfers before when trust is there and a fair price has been agreed upon. Last sentence deleted because I misread your post.

If you find that it isn't a great shop, if you happen to find a few better ones, I'd really love to know because I'd love to buy some cabochons. The timing is perfect because ideally, I would prefer to buy after December.

What sort of cabochons have you in mind? Photos would help.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What sort of cabochons have you in mind? Photos would help.
I would love a beautiful, ice cabochon, between those 2 sizes posted above, anything that is a blue....and I'll gather some inspiration pics. I'm also looking for another purple cabochon for a ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here a few inspiration pics...but I love so many things that I could have hundreds of inspiration pictures.
IMG_4677.jpg
IMG_4678.jpg
IMG_4681.jpg
IMG_4682.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more ice inspirations...the bangle is just for fun! I would love to have earrings like these made...and the rings are similar to my star sapphire ring, but I love this look with the jade too.
IMG_4683.jpg
IMG_4684.jpg
IMG_4686.jpg
IMG_4685.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few more ice inspirations...the bangle is just for fun! I would love to have earrings like these made...and the rings are similar to my star sapphire ring, but I love this look with the jade too.
IMG_4683.jpg
IMG_4684.jpg
IMG_4686.jpg
IMG_4685.jpg

The handshot with the absolutely divine icy rings I've come across the seller online too!
As for the bangle, I think that'd be a tall order, Hong Kong may be a better place for this. I came across a broken version in Yangon. The silversmith brought the repaired version along. It was old river icy jade with salt texture and someone had broken it but wanted to repair it with a hinge. The snakehead may possibly be hiding such a break too.

Will look and ask around in Yangon first :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The handshot with the absolutely divine icy rings I've come across the seller online too!
As for the bangle, I think that'd be a tall order, Hong Kong may be a better place for this. I came across a broken version in Yangon. The silversmith brought the repaired version along. It was old river icy jade with salt texture and someone had broken it but wanted to repair it with a hinge. The snakehead may possibly be hiding such a break too.

Will look and ask around in Yangon first :)
Oh the bangle is just fun! I'm sure there's a break underneath. And it's way too pricey for me, I'm sure. The pics are just an idea of clear, icy cabochons. Thank you for having a look! . I'd love to find a new seller for cabochons. I'm not really wanting any bangles, but that one you described sounds amazing!! I'm sure I'd fall in love immediately...sigh. I really wish I had better access to jadeite. It must be wonderful to be in the land of jadeite. I think I'd spend days upon days looking.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also saw this costume ring, but this is another idea, setting many small cabochons like this....
IMG_4698.JPG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To those of you who seem familiar with Jade/jadeite (since there are lots of awesome pics in this thread), what do you think of this ring? It seems reasonably priced (under $250), and I really like it, but am completely unfamiliar with this material, so don't really know how to look at it with a critical eye. IMG_1178_compact.jpg IMG_1175_1024x1024.jpg IMG_1180_large.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results