shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
I love this. No diamonds, just plenty of spinel sparkle in a timeless yet modern design! It goes very well with your slender fingers.

Sure thing! The bangle was from a b&m chain store 10 years ago, not a proprietary design AFAIK :)

Thanks @Burmesedaze ! I have not got the design chops of some more experienced people here so I tend to go for less detail... but the execution needs to be really good so I lucked out with DK!

If a bangle like that shows up you know where the inspiration came from. Why can't I find more unique things here? Maybe a trip to Asia to visit family is in order.... :twisted2:

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Pink sapphire hearts dangling from the ears and rhodolite garnet rings today. 20170922_174152-1.jpg 20170922_174134-1.jpg

You have the most amazing and neverending jewelry collection! These are all beautiful and I particularly like the rhodolite garnet with the pave flower type setting. Gorgeous.

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Today I'm in a filigree mood. Filigree feels like festivity and delicacy combined every time I look at it. So it's the gold flower, Tahitian pearl drops and my emerald ring.
IMG_4990.JPG
IMG_4992.JPG
IMG_4993.JPG

Love the lacy filigree and the green tones! It is amazing that the flower is constructed out of metal... what beautiful craftsmanship.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @chatoyancy! I saw the video but was really unprepared for how sparkly it is in real life!
You're welcome! I saw that you mentioned where you had your spinel set, but where did you buy your stone?

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
You're welcome! I saw that you mentioned where you had your spinel set, but where did you buy your stone?

I got it from Rogerio Graca and Andrea von Wilgenburg ar Precision Gems (in Canada). Originally I'd contacted them about other spinels through their etsy store, and when i mentioned wanting something more bluish and less pink, they came up with mine, which was less expensive than the ones I'd inquired about. Great experience and would definitely purchase from them again.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's been a while since these silver pieces have seen the light of day!

Dangling spinel earrings set in Myanmar, one of my first few custom pieces here that turned out ok.

The rings, pendant and bangle were custom pieces by an Etsy lady that has stopped doing these. They are made with palladium and argentium silver set with sapphires, with the greens in the pendant emeralds. They are a few years old and have barely tarnished. Oh and that's a lil topaz briolettev dangling from the extender chain. 20170923_180645-1.jpg 20170923_180702-1.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dangling spinel earrings set in Myanmar, one of my first few custom pieces here that turned out ok.

The rings, pendant and bangle were custom pieces by an Etsy lady that has stopped doing these. They are made with palladium and argentium silver set with sapphires, with the greens in the pendant emeralds. They are a few years old and have barely tarnished. Oh and that's a lil topaz briolettev dangling from the extender chain. 20170923_180645-1.jpg 20170923_180702-1.jpg
Those are really quite modern and fun. I'm reminded of a mix between industrial modernism and pop art. But most of all, they are sleek and playful, which is unusual since often sleek things are serious in spirit. Really unusual and cool!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I dug out this antique jadeite beaded necklace. Wearing it with my green/gold Tahitian pearl ring. The beads are of typical quality made for tourists in China 100+ years ago. But what enchanted me is how delicate and finely graduated they are. And the clasp is adorable! I like to sometimes layer this piece with gold and pearls. The jade has inclusions and fractures but also are quite translucent, so they glow. Thankfully I got my nail color changed yesterday. I became overwhelmed by the purple polish after a week or so. Amazing how we can shift in and out of color moods! It's like a feeling of relief to get a change of color lol!

IMG_5021.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got it from Rogerio Graca and Andrea von Wilgenburg ar Precision Gems (in Canada). Originally I'd contacted them about other spinels through their etsy store, and when i mentioned wanting something more bluish and less pink, they came up with mine, which was less expensive than the ones I'd inquired about. Great experience and would definitely purchase from them again.
Thank you! I'll have to check out their store.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I love the bezel set gems! I think this is a fun look.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A colourful start to the work week with my new mixed CS earrings paired with a red spinel and red ruby ring worn on each hand when not posing for a shot.

The earrings are blue square topaz, pink spinels and purple garnets.

I love the richness of the colours and the contrast of the various settings and CS shapes!

20170925_173021-1.jpg 20170925_173030-1.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing at all new...but starting the work week with these rings and this star rose quartz bracelet. The little leaf ring is palladium and is vintage. I just love how you can stack it with other rings and it creates a cascade of leaves down the finger. I'd love to have this recreated with more pave diamonds on the leaves, with greater refinement of the leaves, which would be closer to the finger. I bought this ring for the idea. This could be a wonderful stacking type of ring to enhance day rings for more festive occasions. In fact, I can imagine a whole line of these!
IMG_5043.JPG
IMG_5052.JPG

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, my lapis bangle broke off my wrist in two pieces when I killed a moth (same thing had happened to my amazonite bangle - I've now learned my lesson). I got an aquamarine bangle and and hoping it won't break. Perhaps I'm not very smart.

IMG_4691.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, my lapis bangle broke off my wrist in two pieces when I killed a moth (same thing had happened to my amazonite bangle - I've now learned my lesson). I got an aquamarine bangle and and hoping it won't break. Perhaps I'm not very smart.

IMG_4691.JPG
That aqua bangle is beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about the lapis one...both lapis and a
Amazonite can be delicate...lapis because it's grainy and Amazonite because of the clevage plains. I am hoping that the aqua and rose quartz and charioite will not split! I'm really interested in an aqua bangle to go with my aqua pendant and beads. Seeing yours is so inspiring. It's simply gorgeous! Also, I've seen some amazing agate bangles, which can get quite expensive, that look like modern art pieces by Caldwell!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its increadible grey and rainy today. Wearing a mix of things...,spessartite because I feel that spessartite gives me grounded courage. Black and gold dramatic, sparkly beaded earrings because they are pretty and go with coming Halloween. And who doesn't love the feeling of handicrafts work? Kind of like embroidery, which I also love. Then black jade because I remember my goals when I see it, instead of getting distracted. ( I'm also wearing a perfume called black jade!) wearing my smaller star sapphire because I don't have an orange ring. See how much I need a spess ring? Lol.
IMG_5119.JPG
IMG_5105.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come to think of it, I think my golden moonstone necklace would hav looked a lot better with this outfit. Oh well.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Totally exhausted from work so other than gem retail therapy, I kept it simple today with the calmness of jadeite. The translucency and neutral shades I find soothing. Added a tiny blue sapphire ring because who doesn't like blue? 20170929_005745-1.jpg 20170929_005752-1.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new toy from Jeff Davies! Ring made and set by him too.

I send him these vague descriptions and a picture and he makes it happen. I'm in love with it so much! Although I kinda regret finding him because I keep wanting to commission new rings and I have been so good all these years of not buying new stuff. 20170928_150603.jpg 20170928_150543.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I send him these vague descriptions and a picture and he makes it happen. I'm in love with it so much! Although I kinda regret finding him because I keep wanting to commission new rings and I have been so good all these years of not buying new stuff. 20170928_150603.jpg 20170928_150543.jpg
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your lovely new ring!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So pretty!!!! Is there a thread on it? If not, details please :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results