shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3845.JPG @Bluegemz Thank you for your advice and the stunning inspiration pics. Ban breaking beautiful!!!

Today I am wearing blue: electric blue topaz by Doug Menadue, twisted Emilya setting by Victor Canera

youre welcome! It always a pleasure to share THE passion. Your zircons are big and beautiful.

Speaking of which, I came across a seller called 'All About Jade'. They have a few lovely things and I've been investigating them....anyway, I found this beautiful ring as another inspiration picture. It's the classic halo, but proportions are beautiful between diamond size, number and the shape of the jade. I think the cabochon is beautifully done. The stone is a tad milky but still beautiful.

Apparently, jadeite cabochon carving is saved for some of the most skilled carvers because getting a glorious proportion is very challenging. I just love the glow and immensely moody gravity that pulls the eye into these. They really are a whole world in themselves, almost like a different consciousness in one stone. It's just such an otherworldly kind of beauty aesthetic compared with the sparkly colors which we love. I suppose this is why I'm so inspired by them these days.
IMG_4729.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm somewhat mismatched today, but I feel like having the grounding and protective energy of garnets. For centuries, garnets were associated with bodily protection, root chakra and blood. I'm wearing these restored antique pyrope, rose cut earrings with a black top., but then spessartites, pink spinel and the pink topaz shard ring on the bottom. I felt it was too Wintery to wear the dark garnet pendant to match the earrings. But I also did not want to wear spessartite earrings...sometimes mismatching really feels good because it's interesting. Also wearing this yellow and white jadeite bangle...definitely feeling the harvest mood in the air these days. On my wishlist is an antique, rose cut and gold garnet bangle bracelet and possibly a ring. Many of the antique pyrope garnets pieces have a deep and beautiful red in them. My camera does not show this, but there's that red flash in them, which comes out from the darkness.
IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_4772.JPG

IMG_4770.JPG

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mismatched my new grey Tahitian pearl studs with my light icy blue sapphire ring today (lighter blue than captured). I find them a soothing combination together. 20170912_235224-1.jpg
I LOVE them both and especially love the combination! Those pearls are so beautiful and elegant. And that ring is an all time favorite...

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
I mismatched my new grey Tahitian pearl studs with my light icy blue sapphire ring today (lighter blue than captured). I find them a soothing combination together. 20170912_235224-1.jpg

So pretty! Reminds me of the ocean on an overcast day with all the subtle shifting blues and greys.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, The vendor is named 'All About Jade'. They are in Singapore also, but seem to have an interesting selection.

Your rubellite is such a rich color and ofcourse, I love the roundness and size.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing new, but today I'm wearing my sea green tourmaline cabochons made by my favorite local jeweler.
These have a story to them: The jeweler has regular gemstone round tables, where you come and have dinner and drinks, and are presented with unusual or selected stones which you can then purchase. I love going to these because I've been able to see some really unusual and special gems.

On one occasion, we went right after my 2nd daughter was born. We both felt these tourmalines went with her personality, so bought them with the intent of wearing them and then passing them in when she's 18. They have a spiral imprint in the gold, along with a few diamonds.
IMG_4664.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a stunning color and what a sweet story!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another jade ring inspiration picture. I came across this icy jade ring..I love it so much. So pretty..

IMG_4793.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Acinom, that is one juicy looking tourmaline I'd love to bite into if I could!
Corgisage, very ethereal Midsummer's Night Dream kind of moonstone set!
Bluegemz, you really should compile these very very meaningful stories behind your jewellery pieces into a little coffee book for each of your daughters at the very least!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another jade ring inspiration picture. I came across this icy jade ring..I love it so much. So pretty..

IMG_4793.jpg

Do you find these icy jadeite reminiscent of moonstones? In a more grounded, less flashy sort of way. With more heft and weight to them too.

I will try to check out All About Jade as well in December. It's not too far from Yokdee's physical shop. They're all in Chinatown in Singapore. From the carving, they probably get their stock from China with better carving skills and equipment :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you find these icy jadeite reminiscent of moonstones? In a more grounded, less flashy sort of way. With more heft and weight to them too.

I will try to check out All About Jade as well in December. It's not too far from Yokdee's physical shop. They're all in Chinatown in Singapore. From the carving, they probably get their stock from China with better carving skills and equipment :)

I do find them somewhat reminiscent of moonstones, but I find the nature of the stone creates a unique glow. Definitely a heavy density that shows inspite of the clarity, in the way the light is reflected, and a much more glassy, icy cold feeling. Moonstones are softer looking somehow, like sky and air. It's almost as if there is a more serious quality to the jade, like heavy ice. They also really look very precious to me.

I really appreciate you going to have a look. I got a quote from All about jade on this ring....it is around 5k... I trying to save up for the right cabochon or ring.
IMG_4795.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do find them somewhat reminiscent of moonstones, but I find the nature of the stone creates a unique glow. Definitely a heavy density that shows inspite of the clarity, in the way the light is reflected, and a much more glassy, icy cold feeling. Moonstones are softer looking somehow, like sky and air. It's almost as if there is a more serious quality to the jade, like heavy ice. They also really look very precious to me.

I really appreciate you going to have a look. I got a quote from All about jade on this ring....it is around 5k... I trying to save up for the right cabochon or ring.
IMG_4795.jpg

Will keep a lookout but will take time. I plan to visit Mandalay for a weekend in October and will take a lookie at the jade market and other shops too. That's the real reason for the 10 hour drive up, other than viewing U Bein bridge and the 10.30am breakfast time of thousands of monks :razz:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will keep a lookout but will take time. I plan to visit Mandalay for a weekend in October and will take a lookie at the jade market and other shops too. That's the real reason for the 10 hour drive up, other than viewing U Bein bridge and the 10.30am breakfast time of thousands of monks :razz:
That sounds so exciting and fun! Please share your journey so that we can live through you! Someday, I'd love love love to do this!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That sounds so exciting and fun! Please share your journey so that we can live through you! Someday, I'd love love love to do this!

Yes, you can! Travel is relatively easier now and almost everyone has a smartphone. Grab and Uber have entered Yangon (although there are still occasional hiccups), like the driver driving in circles past the restaurant several times because they can't read the English names. I've been visiting this country for work since 2012 before I got posted here and believe me, it's way way way easier now.

When I made my first work trip here, no mobile phones, no roaming available from my home telco provider, it was just fax machines and trunk calls to confirm meetings. IF the line didn't drop and IF there wasn't too much static. ALL the vehicle number plates were in Zawgyi form instead of Roman numerals and email replies probably only came from the travel agent. Mandalay didn't change as rapidly as Yangon but in time to come it will.

In countries like these, it's better to go earlier than later, before more greed and avarice sets in.

There are ongoing security advisories right now, so probably not the best time.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite 10mm open back 20170913_212046-1.jpg 20170913_212038-1.jpg jade earrings with a 10mm light lilac sapphire ring for today.
That is very encouraging, that it's getting easier to travel there. I can imagine how cut off you might have felt. What an adventure!

I love these earrings, Burmesedaze. Just amazingly gorgeous. And your lilac sapphire is a stunner. That size is wonderful.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, that is one juicy looking tourmaline I'd love to bite into if I could!
Corgisage, very ethereal Midsummer's Night Dream kind of moonstone set!
Bluegemz, you really should compile these very very meaningful stories behind your jewellery pieces into a little coffee book for each of your daughters at the very least!
Burmesedaze, thanks for the encouragement! I certainly will. And hopefully I will eventually Make that beautiful coffee table book idea about women and their jewelry. I personally would LOVE reading such a book, with wonderful stories and images of pieces pouring out of jewelry boxes, like treasure chests full of collection, ( even if the pieces are usually stored in a safe). I think it should show how the pieces are worn, with interesting mixes between fashion pieces and sentimental ones...showing all the different kinds of value that we place in jewelry, from aesthetics, love of gems, monetary value, to social meanings and celebration and ritual.

Last edited:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Acinom wow your rubellite is so big and gorgeous. Love the setting as well.

Today i am wearing my new moonstone lotus ring and earrings which I just received!
20170913_155234_HDR.jpg 20170913_185003_HDR.jpg

I love your new moonstone set!! Please post more photos and tell us more details! :love::love:

corgisage

Rough_Rock
@mochiko42 Thank you for your kind words. To be perfectly honest, I was inspired by your super huge and clear moonstone ring which you posted. Toyed with the idea of getting one from Sally as well. I really love her lotus petals signature setting. In the midst of my hesitation, I discovered this set from another online vendor. The moonstone of course is much smaller, also from Sri Lanka. The reviews were raving so I decided to give it a shot. It is also a lotus design but the petals are quite different though. For the price I paid, I am really happy with how clear it is and the amount of blue sheen it has. They are selling a moonstone necklace and a bracelet too... I am really so tempted right now. As requested, here are some more photos of them:
: 20170914_123543_HDR.jpg 20170914_122814.jpg 20170914_123934_HDR.jpg

icecream12

Rough_Rock
Hi! I've rarely posted but reading this thread inspired me to bring out the silver cross :kiss2: I've had her for a decade now and got it from a shop that sells jewelry from India. It's silver with peridot, garnet, amethyst, citrine. The center stone..I can't recall what it is.

IMG_4915.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Acinom wow your rubellite is so big and gorgeous. Love the setting as well.

Today i am wearing my new moonstone lotus ring and earrings which I just received!
20170913_155234_HDR.jpg 20170913_185003_HDR.jpg
Beautiful! The moonstones just glow! The moonstone lotus ring is on my wishlist. Enjoy!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I've rarely posted but reading this thread inspired me to bring out the silver cross :kiss2: I've had her for a decade now and got it from a shop that sells jewelry from India. It's silver with peridot, garnet, amethyst, citrine. The center stone..I can't recall what it is.

IMG_4915.JPG
Very pretty and colorful! The peridot is so bright. The middle stone is most likely a blue topaz.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nothing new, but today I'm wearing my sea green tourmaline cabochons made by my favorite local jeweler.
These have a story to them: The jeweler has regular gemstone round tables, where you come and have dinner and drinks, and are presented with unusual or selected stones which you can then purchase. I love going to these because I've been able to see some really unusual and special gems.

On one occasion, we went right after my 2nd daughter was born. We both felt these tourmalines went with her personality, so bought them with the intent of wearing them and then passing them in when she's 18. They have a spiral imprint in the gold, along with a few diamonds.
IMG_4664.jpg

These earrings are my personal favorites on Pricescope. They are going to be such a special gift to your daughter one day because she will remember you wearing and enjoying them.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These earrings are my personal favorites on Pricescope. They are going to be such a special gift to your daughter one day because she will remember you wearing and enjoying them.
Wow! That's a real compliment! Thank you so much, Chatoyancy....I'm delighted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results