shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_4247.JPG My new earrings today. Happy how they turned out. I'm having trouble getting a great shot though. I'll get one later in proper sunlight.
Wow! Those are so blue and gorgeous! You must be so pleased with them. I wouldn’t want to take them off!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed my goodness those are a delight!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

My small saving grace is that I'm dreadfully lazy with anything that isn't a ring so thankfully do not need to worry about sharing the budget between rings and other pieces!

Although I've been toying with the idea of a CS bangle one day........I change my bangles often........

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4247.JPG My new earrings today. Happy how they turned out. I'm having trouble getting a great shot though. I'll get one later in proper sunlight.
Those are gorgeous! Congratulations!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mochito, I love your new rings and especially love your blue/green stacks with the nail polish! Looks fantastic!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1039B2E8-90F8-4F74-A81D-C1DDFFB66F37.jpeg 6B59017C-6B17-4B9B-85CB-601ED1BB230E.jpeg It’s super dark here, so these are early morning pictures that are very washed out in color, but y’all get the idea. I’m wearing a deep blue green jadeite bangle with my Vonsen’s blue nephrite jade snake ring. Threw on my light blue star ring too because why not? I’m thinking of the ‘go big or go home’ slogan. I need a touch more blue to feel good. Interestingly, too much green doesn’t feel balanced, and I’m wearing green leggings as well lol. Wearing with Tahitian pearl dangles. A82E55DA-FCC2-4C7E-9108-C2B840077BDB.jpeg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bangle!

I assume you ladies have no trouble getting them on and off?

My wimpy best friend who has a smaller hand than mine is so inflexible she can't/won't bend her hand. We had the most hilarious encounter with me trying to shove my lavender bangle on for her to try and her yelping like a banshee and me scolding "Why can't you bend your hand you wuss!!!"

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bangle!

I assume you ladies have no trouble getting them on and off?

My wimpy best friend who has a smaller hand than mine is so inflexible she can't/won't bend her hand. We had the most hilarious encounter with me trying to shove my lavender bangle on for her to try and her yelping like a banshee and me scolding "Why can't you bend your hand you wuss!!!"
Thank you! It’s a bit of an enigma. It’s very translucent but also has a lot of pigment in it, so it shifts between looking very earthy to very watery depending.

That story is hilarious! Reminds me of getting a bangle on my mother with her exclaiming to be careful! My hand is super flexible, so it’s not hard for me to get on small bangles. That said, I prefer bangles that are not too tight around my wrist. I know some ladies who want their bangles gripping their wrist bone, and once they get it on, it pretty much stays on unless they use ice, Vaseline and plastic bags to remove it. That’s definitely not for me because I like changing bangles lol. I try to circulate through my bangle collection, but there are about 5 which I haven’t worn for a long time. I had to force myself to change up this morning because I’ve been wearing the same 5 all Summer.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed my goodness those are a delight!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

My small saving grace is that I'm dreadfully lazy with anything that isn't a ring so thankfully do not need to worry about sharing the budget between rings and other pieces!

Although I've been toying with the idea of a CS bangle one day........I change my bangles often........

Thank you for your kind words:)

CS Bangle- Jane Taylor had an incredible bangle that I wanted but couldn't afford. Oh man did I fall for it. See for yourself ! IMG_2382.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG THAT BANGLE! I am dead.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5E33DD72-FF96-4071-B802-FCC4E27C9323.jpeg 4BAE525F-2F45-4228-81D4-F408F31C7A73.jpeg 73100100-E80E-4BA2-88E9-EDE1444A0F9B.jpeg Wearing my emerald, platinum and diamond peppermint twist bracelet today. With this bracelet, I feel I need little else. Although, I’d love to get earrings with a similar spirit someday. The pictures are a little washed out due to aN overcast, early dim light.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5E33DD72-FF96-4071-B802-FCC4E27C9323.jpeg 4BAE525F-2F45-4228-81D4-F408F31C7A73.jpeg 73100100-E80E-4BA2-88E9-EDE1444A0F9B.jpeg Wearing my emerald, platinum and diamond peppermint twist bracelet today. With this bracelet, I feel I need little else. Although, I’d love to get earrings with a similar spirit someday. The pictures are a little washed out due to aN overcast, early dim light.
It’s beautiful! Emeralds are so difficult to photograph.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning bracelet @Bluegemz

It is my goal in life to get a bangle with a green stone in it!
Because you want a bangle with green, I believe you will find a wonderful piece! Just keep thinking about it. Thank you so much for the compliment.

My story about this was totally unexpected. The bracelet was a surprise. Last Spring, my husband came into my office and gave this to me out of the blue on a regular week day.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because you want a bangle with green, I believe you will find a wonderful piece! Just keep thinking about it. Thank you so much for the compliment.

My story about this was totally unexpected. The bracelet was a surprise. Last Spring, my husband came into my office and gave this to me out of the blue on a regular week day.

My goodness he has fabulous taste!!!!

Haha mine says in the next life he's going to be the girl and he expects me to propose with a fancy pink diamond in rose gold and it has to be big and actually visibly pink! Hehe not looking forward to my next lifetime :P2

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness he has fabulous taste!!!!

Haha mine says in the next life he's going to be the girl and he expects me to propose with a fancy pink diamond in rose gold and it has to be big and actually visibly pink! Hehe not looking forward to my next lifetime :P2
Lol, that’s very sweet! I just love that he loves sparkly, big pink gems! That’s really very wonderful!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz had your husband been plotting to get the bracelet or did he just stumble on it and decided to get it? It's SOOO beautiful and as you know I adore green! Would love to hear more about it!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz had your husband been plotting to get the bracelet or did he just stumble on it and decided to get it? It's SOOO beautiful and as you know I adore green! Would love to hear more about it!

The full story: One of our local jewelers contacted him about the bracelet, having just acquired it. It’s a 1950’s original, with the boldness and clarity of design, which embodied the hope and optimism that became characteristic of that period. This can be seen in the playful, light hearted twist design. As someone who studied art and design, it’s fascinating to me how the spirit of an age can be seen and experienced through the jewelry design. I love the jewelry from many ages, including the one which we are in now, for the most part with some exceptions.

The materials, ie emeralds and diamonds, in such a fun and simple twist really appealed to him.
It was a big departure from my regular style and choice of gems, (yellow gold, more colored gems instead of diamonds), but he decided that it would be refreshing because of that.

One day I called him at lunch and couldn’t reach him, which made me a little nervous. Turned out he had driven to another city to pick it up and didn’t want to answer because he knew he’d give it away. He’s terrible at keeping secrets and surprises. Later that afternoon, he came in and presented it to me. The ladies who work in the front reception will never let me live it down lol. Actually, that part is a little embarrassing for me.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz that is so romantic! I love your bracelet but the story itself is sooooo swoon worthy! :love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell me all about no these earrings!
These earrings are made from 2 sets of stones which my mother brought back from Sri Lanka. In Ayurvedic astrology, each gem represents an astral body and the set is worn for protection. Since she brought them for my youngest girl, I had to have them set for her. The dangly parts can be removed for a simple studs. There’s a pearl, coral, yellow white and blue sapphires, orange zircon, emerald, ruby and cats eye crysoberyl in each one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results