shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
This is a quote from a stone cutter, Jean Noel Soni. I can totally relate to what he says.

MY BELIEFS ON WHETHER DIFFERENT STONES HOLD HEALING POWERS AND ENERGIES HAVE CHANGED. If you had asked me 5 years ago, I would have said, “No, not at all.” After working with minerals for the past years, seeing the many different examples of natural growth in crystal form, and handling them on a regular basis, I feel that I can now honestly say that I do fully subscribe to that belief. So much so that I have been carrying a “Pocket Rock” of some sort for the past 3 years or so, Both for good luck and the sense that it might actually have something to do with how my day will turn out.”

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I know right? This conversation has lead me to browse for red coral things lol! I’m very tempted by this pretty 2 inch carved coral pin/pendant. I can just imagine it on a black velvet ribbon and in many other ways...sigh.
08425D46-7FA5-491D-9F59-9B8B592B7D3B.jpeg

Oh gosh, this is fabulous. I should check Sardinian coral websites again.
Should also check what the ayurvedic experts call pitambari neelam, a blue and yellow colors in one sapphire crystal.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should also check what the ayurvedic experts call pitambari neelam, a blue and yellow colors in one sapphire crystal.
I recently saw a blue yellow sapphire which was so stunning. I wanted to buy it but am trying to stay disciplined on projects. It was something though. I love the yellow and blue ones.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't get it I will! Today I wore all my coral and felt rediculious in a fabulous way.
Sounds good Vesper. I’ll let you know today. I bet you looked great!

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
The same with me, Bluegemz. I need to replenish my gem budget :lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Vesper, I went to look at the coral and it’s already sold! I’m afraid someone snatched it between the time I posted it yesterday and now. I’m sorry. I really was going to say go for it. It was such a good price too.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Sardinian work with coral! Especially the fruit bouquets! When I was Last in Italy, I saw a bracelet which was a thick stack of red carved coral. They made all kinds of fruit, bananas, apples pears, etc. Biggest regret ever, not getting it. It was so playful and intricate. The fun and whimsy of it was increadible. And, the elegance was there. I got some carved mammoth ivory earrings instead.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I love the Sardinian work with coral! Especially the fruit bouquets! When I was Last in Italy, I saw a bracelet which was a thick stack of red carved coral. They made all kinds of fruit, bananas, apples pears, etc. Biggest regret ever, not getting it. It was so playful and intricate. The fun and whimsy of it was increadible. And, the elegance was there. I got some carved mammoth ivory earrings instead.

I'm in love with La Primavera necklace sold by an Italian coral online shop in Sorrento. But I have to wait, no, not now :naughty: :naughty:I have to concentrate on my projects first. :think:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with La Primavera necklace sold by an Italian coral online shop in Sorrento. But I have to wait, no, not now :naughty: :naughty:I have to concentrate on my projects first. :think:
That sounds so beautiful. I can almost imagine it by the name. It’s so hard not to get inspired by other things! Im Focusing on finishing moonstones for earrings, setting for my daughter, and putting together a small spessartite ring. Then I’m trying to save for an ice jade cabochon for a ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A739EF1C-ADC6-4EFC-9641-3D0C36A5E0B6.jpeg 9B559ECA-F0D8-4C52-9E56-44ADBAADD9B3.jpeg Out on this Fall day, wearing the yellow and white jadeite bangle with the Big Sur nephrite jade disk with a spessartite center. The disk is from my home land in California and always feels like the soul of that dramatic part of the coast, with its steep cliffs, high mountains, mists, and lush green trees. It reminds me of ‘home land’. The spess Just has the energy of high vibrancy and energy.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6EF2E2BD-AF8D-4A29-A5FC-12DEA99C018F.jpeg DCC909E6-C8B9-4EEE-A35D-BD00687CEEC3.jpeg On another studio tour. I am always attracted to beaded handwork because of how they feel to hold and the work involved. I couldn’t resist buying this little beaded mandala pendant. Will hang it in on a bouquet of dried sticks.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F6661B9C-BD1D-4029-9B05-9DF802DE20BE.jpeg 172877B4-115C-4F42-A5E8-58081F870D4D.jpeg B23FE611-A252-42FD-8B68-702680C05A5A.jpeg BFA73F9B-102A-486D-AFC0-D68161204BD9.jpeg Stopped by my favorite jewelry store today. Tried on 2 beautiful spessartite rings which I love. The light is bad in these pics, but these are stunning...the smaller one is not nearly this brown.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
The pear one looks like that orange Fanta color. Well, in South East Asia the orange Fanta is orange, not in Europe though. A very cheerful color

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F6661B9C-BD1D-4029-9B05-9DF802DE20BE.jpeg 172877B4-115C-4F42-A5E8-58081F870D4D.jpeg B23FE611-A252-42FD-8B68-702680C05A5A.jpeg BFA73F9B-102A-486D-AFC0-D68161204BD9.jpeg Stopped by my favorite jewelry store today. Tried on 2 beautiful spessartite rings which I love. The light is bad in these pics, but these are stunning...the smaller one is not nearly this brown.
Those are such large and beautiful spessartites. I wonder what the carat weight on the pear is.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
57C2A3C6-75CB-4177-8158-55CBEE28E9AB.jpeg 28B915D9-C844-49AC-929F-16642F3A544F.jpeg
Those are such large and beautiful spessartites. I wonder what the carat weight on the pear is.
They are so amazing! I bet the large one is at least 10 carats, maybe 13. In life it is a clear, brilliant Fanta orange. The pics don’t capture it well. She is my favorite jeweler is retiring and so it is 40% off but still is very expensive. The smaller one is a deeply soulful burnt orange color, probably around 5-6 carats. The long term store manager favors the smaller one in color, and it is very unique, but I’m not sure about it because it has a checker board cut. Maybe the stone could be switched on the smaller one. I’ve been thinking though in general that this may be one of my last chances to buy her work. Ugh...it’s torturous! Here are 2 other pics...

Last edited:

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I like the Fanta orange one, it's so bright, brilliant, cheerful and happy. Oh I feel like eating it, so juicy! :P2

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
57C2A3C6-75CB-4177-8158-55CBEE28E9AB.jpeg 28B915D9-C844-49AC-929F-16642F3A544F.jpeg
They are so amazing! I bet the large one is at least 10 carats, maybe 13. In life it is a clear, brilliant Fanta orange. The pics don’t capture it well. She is my favorite jeweler is retiring and so it is 40% off but still is very expensive. The smaller one is a deeply soulful burnt orange color, probably around 5-6 carats. The long term store manager favors the smaller one in color, and it is very unique, but I’m not sure about it because it has a checker board cut. Maybe the stone could be switched on the smaller one. I’ve been thinking though in general that this may be one of my last chances to buy her work. Ugh...it’s torturous! Here are 2 other pics...

Which ring speaks to you more? Or if she's retiring... Any chance of getting 2 at a long time relationship good deal?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which ring speaks to you more? Or if she's retiring... Any chance of getting 2 at a long time relationship good deal?
I love them both for different reasons. The big one is the one I would chose, but the smaller one is much more in line with my daily style. I’m trying to really think carefully about wether this is a good time to buy them because if I did, I wouldn’t be able to buy anything else for a while. I’m not sure about how badly I want one at this time.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love them both for different reasons. The big one is the one I would chose, but the smaller one is much more in line with my daily style. I’m trying to really think carefully about wether this is a good time to buy them because if I did, I wouldn’t be able to buy anything else for a while. I’m not sure about how badly I want one at this time.

Really tough choice. I like the smaller for daily wear too but I think I would always wonder "what if" about the larger one.

I think icy jades would still be available for some time to come...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 100% for the larger one @Bluegemz
The colour is gorgeous and it's such a statement piece!
Do tell us when you decide!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of the larger pear looks very happy ! I remember that in these garnets high clarity has always been unusual too.

The colour of the small happens in other materials WWW ... a particular honor if very saturated, but I wouldn't know from this side ...

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ceylon sapphire, Montana sapphire, and Paraiba today. The blue colors are very soothing :)
20171017_115335.jpg 20171017_115312.jpg
I just love those colors together! Those are beautiful rings.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The larger spessartite is so large and rare. I’ll bet the larger spessartite is closer to your higher estimate in carat weight since they have a high specific gravity, even for garnets. I think the size and color are harder to find in the larger, brighter orange stone. The burnt orange is gorgeous too, but I think it’s easier to find.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies. I agree with you all. I love the large one. It’s very expensive for me right now at 5 figures, so I’ll wait to see if she reduces the price more. She will be open until December, so It gives me time to think about it.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I love the paraiba and the flower setting, elegant. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results