shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They are extremely fun and different. I love the gold dangle on the end.

What was your Mom doing in Sri Lanka?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are extremely fun and different. I love the gold dangle on the end.

What was your Mom doing in Sri Lanka?
Thanks! She was there to explore and relax for a month or two. My mother decided a few years ago, in her 70’s, that after 2 Master’s degrees that she really did want her PHD, which was a life long wish. She had finished her dissertation, earned her degree, but by the end was really was stressed from it all, unable to return to normal life without feeling that constant pressure. So she took some time to rediscover an equilibrium.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is amazing. Good for her! How did she *stumble* upon theses gems?

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am trying to find you on another site. I know I have seen your dragon ring. I want to PM you. So frustrating!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying to find you on another site. I know I have seen your dragon ring. I want to PM you. So frustrating!
I hate that there is no PM here. I’ve seen your pink star on another site which I posted on for a short period. Maybe you can through that site?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing. Good for her! How did she *stumble* upon theses gems?
She found a seller who seemed honest and had a shop. Unfortunately that seller truly overcharged her tremendously for some moonstones which I had asked for. Now these-stones are worth a few hundred at best, and she paid well over a thousand for them. She’s not good at bargaining and believes that people are being genuine....sigh.
I’m not sure what to do with them now. I went to purchase a pair of little sapphires for the earrings that they were intended for. My friend, the geologist shop owner told me that he felt that, knowing my jewelry taste, I might not be happy with them and that they might not be worth setting in gold, as I had planned. He called it throwing good money after money badly spent. I can totally see his point. It’s strange, because I want to honor the value of what she spent for something not very valuable. It now has me stumped about what to do with them. Maybe in silver, but I’m not crazy about that idea somehow. I can’t decide wether setting them in gold would be worth it. They are pretty, but not overwhelmingly so. The setting cost would be 3 times the value of the stones. Then again, with the large snake ring, I paid for all that work to set a jade beach pebble which was found, which maybe is worth 5$ on the market, only because it’s Vonsen’s Blue. In that case, the experience made it valuable . I guess It comes down to which value is most dominant and then wether that’s worth setting for ones jewelry collection.

Last edited:

goldia

Rough_Rock
  • Tiffany Victoria 18k yellow gold Marquise Round Diamond Bracelet
  • The diamonds are 3mm each, bracelet 3.3mm wide
  • 48 round diamonds and 4 marquise diamonds
  • All diamond total weight 4.50ct
  • Length is 7" (not including the tongue)
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have gorgeous pieces @Bluegemz!

Do they all get good wear or do you forget some of them?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have gorgeous pieces @Bluegemz!

Do they all get good wear or do you forget some of them?
Thank you, mellowyellowgirl! I try to circulate things but I get stuck in jewelry ruts sometimes. When I get new things, I don’t want to wear the old things for a while. I have to push myself to change things up. Still, there are something’s that just don’t get much wear. The blue and lavender jade pieces get worn Probably most, besides my wedding set. How about you? Do you change up your bangles regularly?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a date or girl's day/night I always change it up but I am so rushed on normal days I often forget to change bangles/necklaces. I am good with rings though for some reason! Always manage to grab one to put on before I head out!

I need to put the bangles and necklaces to better use! It's at the point where even if I see a necklace/bangle that I love I don't buy it because I know it won't get worn! I am usually halfway on my commute before I remember! Hehe great way to save money just for rings!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @Gemobsessed that's gorgeous!!!! Is it me or does it look really good under hideous lighting?

I think we both got the same batch from JDavies. It actually looks really pretty in some major sketchy lighting!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG @Gemobsessed that's gorgeous!!!! Is it me or does it look really good under hideous lighting?

I think we both got the same batch from JDavies. It actually looks really pretty in some major sketchy lighting!

Yeah I’m sure too! They look really similar. Id say the peridot looks better under hideous lighting than natural light!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY! So many beautiful pieces in this thread! :love: Where do you all find your lovely gemstones? Do you buy loose stones and have them set or do you buy complete pieces?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OH MY! So many beautiful pieces in this thread! :love: Where do you all find your lovely gemstones? Do you buy loose stones and have them set or do you buy complete pieces?

I tend to buy loose and then buy settings. Or I get a simple custom design made but rather simple to be risk averse.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to buy loose and then buy settings. Or I get a simple custom design made but rather simple to be risk averse.

I'm so happy I found PS and also hate it... now I want to buy gemstones! Where do you source your loose stones?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy I found PS and also hate it... now I want to buy gemstones! Where do you source your loose stones?

I mostly use the recommended vendor list on PS and these days a lot of insta and Facebook.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz your blue jade pieces are so lovely!! I haven't seen any blue jade here in HK, would love to see more photos..

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5AE13167-F87C-4773-85C2-52FF00316B49.jpeg
In a green mood today.

Your green ring is gorgeous (emerald???) but TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BRACELET!!! :razz: Is that an asscher / square step cut tennis bracelet??? That is my dream bracelet!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz your blue jade pieces are so lovely!! I haven't seen any blue jade here in HK, would love to see more photos..
Mochito, first off, your rings have such a fresh, clean purity about them. They are beautiful! Thank you for the compliment.
About blue jade; technically some say that it is really a shade of lavender, not really blue. Here is a good depiction of the range of lavender colors in 3 Mason Kay color charts. One can see just how blue jade can get! Generally, the blue shades are quite difficult to come by as lavender jade is a rare color, but the blue lavender is supposedly harder to find than the pink violet colors. , but definitely not impossible. I attached a few pictures of the thick blue bangle ( which is my favorite blue bangle. It has clouds of lavender, green and a splotch of slight red which just looks like a darker cloud in it) and the beads, and 2 pictures of my dream blue jadeite bangle and pendant. If I had between 50-100k extra to spend, I’d buy something like this bangle!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results