shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mukti, may I ask, did you purchase your stunning untreated yellow sapphire for energetic reasons as well as for aesthetics? I imagine that it must have a strong presence when wearing it.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Bluegemz, initially I bought it for jyotish purposes indeed. I also studied a lot about gem/crystal therapy and because of that I only purchase untreated gemstones. And yeah, it slows down the speed of acquiring those blings :doh::D.
My sapphire did point out some health issue for me to address, which wasn't pleasant at the beginning and I was confused. I thought it was a wrong choice to purchase the sapphire, but now I understand what it was trying to tell me.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, initially I bought it for jyotish purposes indeed. I also studied a lot about gem/crystal therapy and because of that I only purchase untreated gemstones. And yeah, it slows down the speed of acquiring those blings :doh::D.
My sapphire did point out some health issue for me to address, which wasn't pleasant at the beginning and I was confused. I thought it was a wrong choice to purchase the sapphire, but now I understand what it was trying to tell me.
That is awesome! I love this story! I have always been fascinated with gem energies and have felt them with wear. I’ve noticed that certain gems don’t feel right to wear, even though I love the gems. One example is opal. I have a few which I love, but energetically, I don’t believe they fit with me.

Over the years, I’ve gravitated towards untreated blue sapphire, moonstones, pearls, jadeite, especially blue and lavender jade, aquamarines and spessartite garnets and to a-lesser extent emeralds and rubies. I have diamonds but are not drawn to diamonds in the same way. I’ve always been drawn to crysoberyl cats eye and yellow sapphire, but haven’t had a chance to collect these yet. If I start reading more about Jyodic gemstones then I’m sure I’ll be very driven to collect missing pieces .

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
That's a great story. Thanks for sharing it with me, Bluegemz. Generally I avoid blue sapphire as I was told it's not compatible with me per vedic horoscope. I also don't click with amethyst either. It's interesting that I can wear my red coral necklace in Europe and not in South East Asia. I get overheated when wearing my red coral in Ia warm climate. Usually I can express my ideas better in writing when I wear my emerald or green jade. I still have to understand the message that my ruby is trying to tell me. White coral has drawn me to get interested in spiritual teachings.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mukti, that is just so fascinating! I love how you described slowly understanding what the gem had to show you, and being able to focus more when writing with emerald and green jade! I notice that when I wear emeralds, I feel very contemplative and more restful. With ruby, I’m also not sure of the energy of it. I knew that i had to have my little ruby though and wear it about once a week. I find that the spessartite garnets give me courage and energy, and wear those on days when I feel challenged emotionally.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mukti and Burmesedaze! I think there is a slightly different order that the gems should be in, but the jeweler felt that they would look best in this order, so I let him chose. I hope it doesn’t affect the energy of the stones. Reading about it makes me want to consult an Ayervedic astrologer! I’d love to find out which particular stones would be most beneficial etc.

Ruby. While different stones could be beneficial for different conditions and endeavors, rubies help with everything. The power of ruby is exceptionally strong, you can not do wrong with it.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby. While different stones could be beneficial for different conditions and endeavors, rubies help with everything. The power of ruby is exceptionally strong, you can not do wrong with it.
That’s wonderful to know! I’m grateful to have a ruby even more now.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Mukti, that is just so fascinating! I love how you described slowly understanding what the gem had to show you, and being able to focus more when writing with emerald and green jade! I notice that when I wear emeralds, I feel very contemplative and more restful. With ruby, I’m also not sure of the energy of it. I knew that i had to have my little ruby though and wear it about once a week. I find that the spessartite garnets give me courage and energy, and wear those on days when I feel challenged emotionally.

I wear my red coral in the winter and when I need a boost of energy and psychological strength. Carnelian also does the same thing only a little slower. I have an unset orange spessartite garnet and it will be interesting to see how it affects me.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock

Arkteia, I don't know what message my ruby has for me really. Every time I wore it I was faced with challenges, problems that took a long time to solve. So I'm reluctant to wear it and it just sits there in the box unworn. :roll

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia, I don't know what message my ruby has for me really. Every time I wore it I was faced with challenges, problems that took a long time to solve. So I'm reluctant to wear it and it just sits there in the box unworn. :roll
That has happened to me with other gemstones! I have a peridot necklace which is antique. It feels as though some problem always arises when I wear it. I wondered if somehow the energy of its life before me plays a part. I’ve been planning on cleansing the necklace to see if that helps.
It’s so interesting about the coral and carnelian! I have a pink coral necklace which I have found soothing to wear, but I’ve never had any red coral or carnelian jewelry.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has different reactions to different gemstones, Bluegemz. I have no problem whatsoever when I'm wearing my peridot earrings. I have a BFF who starts cleaning everything in her apartment as soon as she wears her peridot ring. She told me that when she wears her crystal pendant she feels furious and temperamental all the time. Unfortunately she doesn't know which crystal her pendant is as she's not into gemstones. I did hear that diamonds are a strong amplifier so if you feel sad, take them off and don't wear them until you feel better. ;)2

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling like multicolors today. I put my gold filigree flower on my multicolored sapphire necklace. Wearing with ruby today because I’m inspired by all of the conversation about ruby. I believe that many of the sapphires in the necklace are natural because of the zoning and types of inclusions. Sold as untreated. 6BC40B8B-000A-4F14-B31B-FEBA6302EC13.jpeg

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Feeling like multicolors today. I put my gold filigree flower on my multicolored sapphire necklace. Wearing with ruby today because I’m inspired by all of the conversation about ruby. I believe that many of the sapphires in the necklace are natural because of the zoning and types of inclusions. Sold as untreated. 6BC40B8B-000A-4F14-B31B-FEBA6302EC13.jpeg
I love them all Bluegemz! What is the origin of your filagree flower? I’ve never seen something so fine and delicate. That is a special piece.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I really love your combo, Bluegemz :appl:. Stunning, cheerful colors which made me smile =)2. Is that a Bali or Yogyakarta style filigree? I've seen such filigree work in silver jewelry shops in Yogyakarta and Bali.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them all Bluegemz! What is the origin of your filagree flower? I’ve never seen something so fine and delicate. That is a special piece.
Thank you Chatoyancy! I wish I could tell more about its origin. I’ve always wondered about it. I discovered it but the seller was unsure of where it came from but guessed from Portugal. He got it from an estate in which someone collected filigree gold items. I also bought another cannetile gold work brooch/pendant from him from the same estate. Later, I bought some gold filigree earrings from Peru, to go with the flower, but interestingly the work is not the same. The wire is thicker and the designs are notably different. My best guess is that it came from Portugal, or Asia or India, based on the inside of the flower. Reminds me of forms I’ve seen in pictures of temples both in India and in Asia. What attracted me is how fine and airy it is. Also the size. Amazingly it’s quite strong in spite of how delicate it is. Filigree is interesting because so many cultures have a version of it, but each is quite different.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! :appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love your combo, Bluegemz :appl:. Stunning, cheerful colors which made me smile =)2. Is that a Bali or Yogyakarta style filigree? I've seen such filigree work in silver jewelry shops in Yogyakarta and Bali.
Thank you Mukti! I don’t think it’s Balinesian, but not sure about Yogyakarta style. I’m off to look that up!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chatoyancy! I wish I could tell more about its origin. I’ve always wondered about it. I discovered it but the seller was unsure of where it came from but guessed from Portugal. He got it from an estate in which someone collected filigree gold items. I also bought another cannetile gold work brooch/pendant from him from the same estate. Later, I bought some gold filigree earrings from Peru, to go with the flower, but interestingly the work is not the same. The wire is thicker and the designs are notably different. My best guess is that it came from Portugal, or Asia or India, based on the inside of the flower. Reminds me of forms I’ve seen in pictures of temples both in India and in Asia. What attracted me is how fine and airy it is. Also the size. Amazingly it’s quite strong in spite of how delicate it is. Filigree is interesting because so many cultures have a version of it, but each is quite different.
I’ve just never seen anything like it. It’s cool to have mystery surrounding its origin though. I would imagine that it would be difficult to match because of how fine the wire is. I wouldn’t expect something so delicate to be so strong. You can wear it without worry. It’s so beautiful.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it’s fun to have a mystery! I think what makes it strong is that it’s framed out in thicker wire and then has leaf skeleton fineness within the petals. Also, I believe a lot has to do with the stable geometry of it.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it’s fun to have a mystery! I think what makes it strong is that it’s framed out in thicker wire and then has leaf skeleton fineness within the petals. Also, I believe a lot has to do with the stable geometry of it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jumping on the gemstone energy bandwagon, my Burmese jewellers believe that those who like blue sapphires over red rubies speak of a calmer and more restful heart. Those who prefer rubies are always after a yen they can't seem to attain and are never satisfied. :P2

I asked what about pink sapphires? They have no answer :lol:

Last edited:

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Jumping onto the gemstone energy bandwagon, my Burmese jewellers believe that those who like blue sapphires over red rubies speak of a calmer and more restful heart. Those who prefer rubies are always after a yen they can't seem to attain and are never satisfied. :P2

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I feel energy in gemstones, but I'm not public about it. Even though it's something I love, I am somewhat embarrassed to talk about it. :rodent:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel energy in gemstones, but I'm not public about it. Even though it's something I love, I am somewhat embarrassed to talk about it. :rodent:
I can understand that. It’s a deeply personal experience which is also very hard to describe in words due to the subtlety of it. The energy of gemstones just makes loving gem jewelry that much more wonderful, intimate and an ongoing individual journey.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jumping on the gemstone energy bandwagon, my Burmese jewellers believe that those who like blue sapphires over red rubies speak of a calmer and more restful heart. Those who prefer rubies are always after a yen they can't seem to attain and are never satisfied. :P2

Now I’m thinking about lavender sapphires! Half blue and half red. This adds more to my feeling that lavender gems are dichotomous, with tension of the opposites in one color.

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys are the worst enablers on the planet. On top of just liking the sparkles, you dive into the deeper meanings for jade and colored stones. How many reasons do I need to buy another stone? One, it might pick up my spirits depending on the color, and two, also give me a deeper insight into my personal journey. I love this conversation!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are the worst enablers on the planet. On top of just liking the sparkles, you dive into the deeper meanings for jade and colored stones. How many reasons do I need to buy another stone? One, it might pick up my spirits depending on the color, and two, also give me a deeper insight into my personal journey. I love this conversation!!
I know right? This conversation has lead me to browse for red coral things lol! I’m very tempted by this pretty 2 inch carved coral pin/pendant. I can just imagine it on a black velvet ribbon and in many other ways...sigh.
08425D46-7FA5-491D-9F59-9B8B592B7D3B.jpeg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know right? This conversation has lead me to browse for red coral things lol! I’m very tempted by this pretty 2 inch carved coral pin/pendant. I can just imagine it on a black velvet ribbon and in many other ways...sigh.
08425D46-7FA5-491D-9F59-9B8B592B7D3B.jpeg
If you don't get it I will! Today I wore all my coral and felt rediculious in a fabulous way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results