carat
color
clarity

Welcome back Lorelei!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1400323040|3674761 said:
Ah, Lorelei we have that in common too, I used to play the piano, how I miss it, I wish I could start again. I started when I was 4 by playing Once Upon a Time in the West, I just played what I heard, it was my favorite movie then, when I was 18 I played jazz piano but I quit a long time ago, maybe no time, maybe our lives sometimes go in a different direction. A Steinway, yumm.

It would be really nice if I could meet some of the oldtimers here if they decide to come back. I am soooo happy to hear you are back for good Lorelei, I actually think you bring sunshine to this forum too.

That's very cool we both play the piano! You can always go back to it OVi, I have and even after a long break, you never forget.

I hope some of the oldtimers come back too, so many I miss and so many I know you would enjoy too. Thanks for that lovely compliment, I love PS, the admin team and the community and always have. I have a very busy and rewarding life but it's also rewarding helping out here with all the lovely folks, so it's something I will definitely make time for going forward.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1400341285|3674910 said:
Maisie|1400324769|3674770 said:
Welcome back Lorelei. It really is nice to see you. :wavey:

It's Bruddah! Hello Bruddah, how are you?? :wavey:

I'm fine! Im so happy to see you. I've missed you so much Bruddah!

_18296.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1400341671|3674913 said:

Bruddah, thank you for posting a photo of our hero, that makes me happy Bruddah...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1400341822|3674916 said:

Bruddah, I missed you too! We must sing our song again like we used to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIEIFw1GeTQ

Bruddah, (sniff) I have not sung our song in many a year. I could not even think about it as my life was incomplete without you. But now you are here my heart is bursting with joy and I feel that I can, once again, burst forth in rapturous song!

I AM YOUR BRUDDAH
YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER
SINGING THE SONGS, THE MUSIC THAT YOU LIIIIIIIKE

WE'RE BRUDDAHS TILL THE END OF TIME
TOGETHER OR NOT YOU'RE ALWAYS IN MY HEART
YOUR HURTING FEELINGS IN YOU WILL REIGN NO MORE!

I love you Bruddah!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1400342490|3674923 said:
Lorelei|1400341822|3674916 said:

Bruddah, I missed you too! We must sing our song again like we used to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIEIFw1GeTQ

Bruddah, (sniff) I have not sung our song in many a year. I could not even think about it as my life was incomplete without you. But now you are here my heart is bursting with joy and I feel that I can, once again, burst forth in rapturous song!

I AM YOUR BRUDDAH
YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER
SINGING THE SONGS, THE MUSIC THAT YOU LIIIIIIIKE

WE'RE BRUDDAHS TILL THE END OF TIME

I love you Bruddah!

WAOH....OH OH OHOOOOOOO............

YOU ARE MY BRUDDAH!
MY BEST FRIEND FOREVER
SINGING THE SONGS, THE MUSIC THAT YOU LIIIIIIIIIKE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOH!
WE'RE BRUDDAHS TILL THE END OF TIIIIIIIIME

I love you too Bruddah! <3 It's good to see my Bruddah.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
..... simon__we_re_brothers_forever_.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happiest day ever!!! :appl:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1400344197|3674937 said:
Happiest day ever!!! :appl:

XOXOXOXO :wavey:

I truly missed my Bruddah and am very glad to see her again.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That makes me so happy. You have no idea how much xoxoxoxo

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1400345725|3674954 said:
That makes me so happy. You have no idea how much xoxoxoxo

Me too Bruddah, you're very special Bruddah and I truly missed you.xoxoxoxo

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy you are here. (Repeat as needed).

I've been getting very burned out.

Having you back has helped with that significantly.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1400359410|3675062 said:

I am glad to be able to help you out Gypsy, I can see how hard you have been working, you have done a fantastic job!! I hope I can take some of the strain off you a bit and we can have a good chat about another of our favourite subjects, kitties, too!

I really missed you, you are a great lady and I truly mean that. xoxoxo

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1400360419|3675073 said:

I am glad to be able to help you out Gypsy, I can see how hard you have been working, you have done a fantastic job!! I hope I can take some of the strain off you a bit and we can have a good chat about another of our favourite subjects, kitties, too!

I missed you very much, and you are a great lady too. And of course, I mean that.

As for kitties. I have 6 now! I can't wait to see some pics of your brood!

As for the strain. It gets a bit much, after a while. Having you back is just fantastic!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1400374232|3675204 said:
Lorelei|1400360419|3675073 said:

I missed you very much, and you are a great lady too. And of course, I mean that.

As for kitties. I have 6 now! I can't wait to see some pics of your brood!

As for the strain. It gets a bit much, after a while. Having you back is just fantastic!

I am so glad, Pricescope is home and the community here is like no other. Where else do you see so many people stick around for so long or return!

Hehe - I am not surprised you have 6 kitties now, as I always say once you have three, 1 more won't make any difference. :devil:

I am having a great time on the forums and I hope to be of service, I have a lot of catching up to do though and hope to be up to speed soon, I have a lot of work to do! :-o

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha, isn't this true about cats? I remember the time in my early twenties when I said to myself ok I now have four but I will never want to have more than six. Sooner than you know it you are well over that number because you want to help and really feeding one more is not that big a deal, the only problem can occur when they are all indoor kitties like mine and of course there can be issues with dominance and submission. For this reason I had to place some kitties that simply did not do well because they were picked on and at one time the consequences even though I tried my very best as always were disastrous. Hence, you really think twice before you make a placement because why rescue a kitty only that she ends up dying because of an irresponsible owner? I have had other experiences that are wonderful; I have a great friend a disabled famous director in Hungary who owns three of my cats, my mom owns one right now, so I am back to my basic 4.:))) Cats are really no work and are wonderful very warm creatures, dogs OTOH, as you know now I added two rescue dogs, well, I tell ya that sometimes I truly wish I had two kids instead.:)))

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1400096604|3672831 said:
*blush* You two are so lovely, thank you!

I have been great thanks, life has been good! We have had a few changes but all to the better and we are happy and thriving. Our animal family has grown tremendously, I no longer have The Famous Jethro, my crazy chicken, as she went to the great henhouse in the sky back in 2011, I miss her still :( and I know Auntie Coaties, Monnie and Skippers will miss her too. But the pet family comprises the horses, 19 cats :love: , mostly rescues, a few chickies and a family of hedgehogs. A lot of the rescue cats are ferals I have tamed and neutered, I seem to have a way of taming them and of course, being feral cats, they are better off staying in their own surroundings plus I get very attached to them, they are part of the family. We had a very fast increase in cat numbers back in 2012, I rescued a pregnant cat that was 4 days from giving birth, I took her in and she gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens. This was a wonderful experience as she wanted my help while she was labouring, all went well and she was a superb Mother. Of course, I couldn't bear to part with the kittens when they were older so they are staying with us and are now huge cats!

I was asked to take in a little feral cat back in December by a friend of mine who is a nurse at my vet's practice. She tried to tame this cat and had no luck, the little thing struck like a viper and she was quite scary. So I took her and she came around, now she is an absolute joy. I really had no expectations concerning this cat but she has done amazingly well.

Regarding the horses, as was mentioned earlier in the thread in RT, one of mine suffers from Equine Cushing's disease or PPID ( Pituitary Pars Intermediary Dysfunction) to give this rotten disease its proper name. A benign tumour on the pituitary gland sends cortisol flooding through the horse's system leading to all kinds of terrible consequences, especially the dread disease laminitis. Laminitis is excruciatingly painful for the horse or pony suffering from it, imagine having your toes bashed with a hammer, then your toenails being bent back causing pressure on the nail bed, then you have an idea of how awful this disease is and the pain these poor animals go through. Prevention with PPID sufferers is very difficult due to the cortisol levels causing problems in the feet, also another condition seen with PPID is Equine Metabolic Syndrome. EMS means you have to watch the diet of affected horses and ponies very carefully. They are pumping out insulin as they are so resistant to it, hence even low levels of sugar in the feed can cause further problems for them. There are treatments now thankfully, but one of the drugs in particular can cause nasty side effects and titrating the dose without overly upsetting the patient is also very difficult. Thankfully, I have a wonderful equine vet and we work as a team bouncing theories off each other and ideas for treatment and management. As new info is coming out all the time and more and more horses and ponies are being diagnosed, we all try hard to pool our knowledge and experience in order to try to save more lives and prevent the pain these diseases can cause. But it's not all bad, my pony has a great quality of life thanks to the readily available info I have access to and I am getting better and better at managing his care. If anyone else out there is battling these diseases please shout out and I will gladly share my experiences and help in anyway I can.

Apart from that, I am still always reading and trying to further my diamond knowledge and as ever, I still love them! I have had a few new acquisitions along the way - hehe! Most recent was from Jon at GOG, gorgeous pair of hoop earrings!

It's so nice to be back here and I have been so touched by the welcome I have received, so many of my old friends remembered me and were pleased to see me, that's truly priceless. There IS no other place like Pricescope and its community, I missed it but I didn't realize quite how much till I popped my head around the door.

Thank you 'Seekies for starting this thread and giving me the chance to catch up, I would love to get to know you all again and learn who's who nowadays, please drop in and say hi so I can get to know the community as it is now.

How are you doing DS? How's that gorgeous ring of yours and I hope you have lots of nice new sparkly goodies...!!!

I am just now making the time to read this thread as I have been both under water busy and just plain took the entire day off yesterday chasing the wily Morel Mushroom and then fishing with a friend at his subdivision where they have an absurdly good bass fishery available only to residents. (Catch and release only, which is why it is so good.)

I knew this thread would be fun to read and have been saving it until I could devote the time to reading every post and savoring the joy that people would be expressing.

So far it has been well worth the wait and I am savoring! I am also thinking after reading this post from you and several of the ones after that before I go to page two I need to make a comment about your heroic efforts with your menagerie of furry and feathery guests.

SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A REALITY SHOW ABOUT YOU AND THEM! It would be so much more interesting than the current drivel that we are being offered and having someone set such a good example of what a life of sharing is all about could actually build character in the young audience rather than set them to scheming about how to make a zillion dollars by public acting out.

Of course, to really round out the menagerie, you will need a couple of cat and chicken loving black labs to wag their tails at you like crazy when ever you are in sight. My Jane would be a great role model but since she is my source of daily joy every morning when I wake and she greats me with her happy dance as I come up the stairs I am not sure I could spare her for long enough to train your new additions.

Now, I must go read the next page of your welcome back thread. My Sunday morning has just become Quality Time.

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1400421900|3675444 said:
*blush*

I am just now making the time to read this thread as I have been both under water busy and just plain took the entire day off yesterday chasing the wily Morel Mushroom and then fishing with a friend at his subdivision where they have an absurdly good bass fishery available only to residents. (Catch and release only, which is why it is so good.)

I knew this thread would be fun to read and have been saving it until I could devote the time to reading every post and savoring the joy that people would be expressing.

So far it has been well worth the wait and I am savoring! I am also thinking after reading this post from you and several of the ones after that before I go to page two I need to make a comment about your heroic efforts with your menagerie of furry and feathery guests.

SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A REALITY SHOW ABOUT YOU AND THEM! It would be so much more interesting than the current drivel that we are being offered and having someone set such a good example of what a life of sharing is all about could actually build character in the young audience rather than set them to scheming about how to make a zillion dollars by public acting out.

Of course, to really round out the menagerie, you will need a couple of cat and chicken loving black labs to wag their tails at you like crazy when ever you are in sight. My Jane would be a great role model but since she is my source of daily joy every morning when I wake and she greats me with her happy dance as I come up the stairs I am not sure I could spare her for long enough to train your new additions.

Now, I must go read the next page of your welcome back thread. My Sunday morning has just become Quality Time.

Wink

Sir Wink, it's always an absolute joy to interact with you and it's always been that way over the years, I know it will always will be. Glad you are still enjoying your kayaking adventures and fishing, very good you put the fish back in the water!

Thanks for your kind words about the work I do with animals, it can be desperately hard at times and as one of my favourite authors James Herriot titled one of his best selling books - and as my vet mused recently - '' If only they could talk...'' But actually, they say plenty, the challenge is to work out what they are saying, from there work out what's wrong and try to fix it. My equine vet is a brilliant young lady with a special interest in my pony's issues, so much new information is coming out all the time that it makes your head spin but as a result, many more lives are being saved and more and more horses are being returned to active and happy lives. It's great to share what we learn and observe as all the owners working with these issues are determined to help others and my vet knows it's not a case of offering a few drugs, do this and do that, see how you get on. I learn from her, she learns from me as I keep detailed records of progress and the things that help in his care, and hopefully more horses will eventually benefit. Sometimes such animals can be upset by a variance in a batch of feed that they have previously tolerated no problem, a little too much molasses or sugar is added, then you get trouble. Thankfully, feed manufacturers are also learning and now offering new types of feed that have no added molasses or sugar, which is very helpful. You wouldn't have found that a few years ago and I am very grateful to such manufacturers for starting to cater for these equines.

It appears a certain genetic type of horse or pony are among the ones being affected by metabolic dysfunction that in turn, cause the dreadful side effects. Such horses and ponies evolved to live and survive in very harsh climates with very little food over thousands of years. In keeping with the survival of the fittest, the animals that did survive and their offspring were quite possibly the ones with the most efficient metabolisms among other factors that enabled their survival. Bring their modern day descendants with similar metabolic types into a situation where food is plentiful, the most work they do is cutting the grass with their teeth :???: and a milder climate, rather like a bucket full to the brim with water, it doesn't take much to send things haywire, the bucket overflows as the pony's system can't deal with the excesses and you have real problems. The trick is keeping these animals well nourished but without triggering the various metabolic processes that can cause incredibly painful foot problems, each is different but between the knowledge we all are working hard to accumulate and share, the future is much brighter for these equines.

Lol with the reality show, thanks for the sweet compliment! As I mentioned in another thread, I am happiest when helping others, be it animal or human. That's not to say I am a brilliant person because I'm not, I have many faults that I work hard on trying to conquer, but overall I am a very happy person with a wonderful supportive Husband and a busy rewarding life. I am very fortunate that I am able to pursue my interests and be healthy and active, I am so blessed and having friends like you good Sir makes me feel even more fortunate in life!

Bless your wee girl Jane, she sounds like a joy! Give her a hug for me and I am sending a big hug your way too Wink. You are a gentleman and I am proud to know you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1400416659|3675411 said:
Haha, isn't this true about cats? I remember the time in my early twenties when I said to myself ok I now have four but I will never want to have more than six. Sooner than you know it you are well over that number because you want to help and really feeding one more is not that big a deal, the only problem can occur when they are all indoor kitties like mine and of course there can be issues with dominance and submission. For this reason I had to place some kitties that simply did not do well because they were picked on and at one time the consequences even though I tried my very best as always were disastrous. Hence, you really think twice before you make a placement because why rescue a kitty only that she ends up dying because of an irresponsible owner? I have had other experiences that are wonderful; I have a great friend a disabled famous director in Hungary who owns three of my cats, my mom owns one right now, so I am back to my basic 4.:))) Cats are really no work and are wonderful very warm creatures, dogs OTOH, as you know now I added two rescue dogs, well, I tell ya that sometimes I truly wish I had two kids instead.:)))

LOL OVi! I think it's very true with cats, once you hit 3 it's no more work but many more times the joy and there are so many desperately needing homes. It's amazing the things we have in common, I have met some fantastic people online and I would definitely place you within that group!

Dogs are wonderful too and we are planning on getting a couple very soon, that will definitely keep me on my toes!
wobble2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1400182502|3673640 said:
Welcome back :appl:

Thank you, it's great to see you are still here, I hope you are doing well! It's so nice to see all my old friends!
slider_grouphugg.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1400257164|3674212 said:
Thank you 'Seekies for starting this thread and giving me the chance to catch up, I would love to get to know you all again and learn who's who nowadays, please drop in and say hi so I can get to know the community as it is now.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

You were one of the first to welcome me here and share your knowledge with me, I've never forgotten that. Welcome back, and greetings from the sandbox! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Ande, it's fantastic to see you and you are doing some pretty brilliant stuff here too I notice!!! Thank you, I will join you there happily! :wavey:
hi501.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1400327701|3674794 said:
So happy to see you lorelei!! :appl:

You've been gone too long m'dear!

Hello to you dear Rosetta, it's lovely to see you too!!! Now I am back in the saddle, I do believe you have a point, thank you, it's so good to be back!

yippee10.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe|1400338379|3674886 said:
What a fantastic surprise to see your name again! Thank you for being here once again.

Hi dear Bebe, thank YOU for having me, it is so good to be home and to see you once more!
woohoo.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1400258916|3674239 said:
Welcome back :wavey: Please stay around =)

Bonjour Madame, I am so pleased to see you are still here! Have you bought any new items named after popular 'sixties or 'fifties actresses recently...?? :Up_to_something:

It's great to see you! :wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1400275958|3674439 said:
Hi Lorelei!

You have been missed :wavey: I just so happen to stop in RT for something and saw a post from you, had to stop in. :twirl:

I am so glad you did D, wonderful to see you!!!!! I just cannot get over the warm welcome I have received from so many of you, THANK YOU ALL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susimoo|1400109771|3672991 said:
Just wonderful to see you back. I'm mostly a lurker these days but had to reappear to say hi. I'll never forget your kindness when I first joined. You are a class act!!! :wavey:

Hi Susi, I am so happy to see you and thank you, it's been a pleasure! Don't be a lurker, I am sure we are all going to have a great time and some pretty crazy threads going on if I have anything to do with it!!! :mrgreen:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400110138|3672998 said:
:wavey: ..Welcome back my Brit gf!.. :appl: :appl:

There's my American BF, I have missed you DF! I hope you have been behaving yourself in my absence...
rollpin.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1400113957|3673038 said:
Hi Lorelei, I was a newish member around that time but I do remember you and how helpful you are. And I am so impressed by all that you do for your animals. I cannot properly express how amazing I think you are for caring for and loving all those animals and giving them the best possible life.

I hope you decide to stay around here.

Hello Missy, thank you for your kindness! You know how animals are, it's such a pleasure and a privilege being able to care for them, they enrich my life more than I can ever describe. The heart is such a flexible muscle, it has no limits, there is plenty of love for all and more besides!
slider_grouphugg.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1400117582|3673093 said:
I saw your name in another thread and had to read the date again to make sure it was today! :wavey: :wavey:

So very glad to see you - you were such an integral part of PS and were very much missed. So glad to hear that your animals are well and thriving as well.

I look forward to seeing your posts - you are very knowledgeable and share it in the kindest way!

There's MGR, how are you my dear? I am so happy you are still posting here, it's such a lovely homecoming seeing all the familiar faces! That is so good to know that I was missed, I never forgot any of you and thought of PS often but I never found my way back until now, I think the time was right. Thanks for the good wishes for the animals too, they are such wonderful creatures and it's so rewarding especially with the feral cats. I have learned that nothing is impossible, even those that say once a feral is over a certain age that it will be impossible to tame, this is not true in my experience. Of course it depends on the particular cat but once you gain their trust, with patience, wonderful things can happen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results