shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss 2020 FTW! We gots this!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been super stressed at work and it’s killed my appetite so I’m down to 123 lbs now. We got some Ensure and I’ve got some easy/ fast meals so I can angry eat while working... having issues eating more than one actual meal/ day. Anyone into meal prepping? I might start that.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been super stressed at work and it’s killed my appetite so I’m down to 123 lbs now. We got some Ensure and I’ve got some easy/ fast meals so I can angry eat while working... having issues eating more than one actual meal/ day. Anyone into meal prepping? I might start that.

When I actually went to work (and DH) we would meal prep all of our weekday breakfast/lunches to bring to work with a plan for each night's dinner. Sunday was the cook it all day.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
When I actually went to work (and DH) we would meal prep all of our weekday breakfast/lunches to bring to work with a plan for each night's dinner. Sunday was the cook it all day.

Was it worth it? I get so fixated on what I’m doing during work hours that I don’t eat. I’m so busy after work that I also don’t really eat. I feel like it makes sense to meal prep but I’m also lazy.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was it worth it? I get so fixated on what I’m doing during work hours that I don’t eat. I’m so busy after work that I also don’t really eat. I feel like it makes sense to meal prep but I’m also lazy.

It was for us because we would eat and not spend money while at work. It also helped us not be starving by dinner time and then grabbing fast food.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The getting busy and not eating is a huge part of my problem. I'm trying to get into meal planning combined with some prepping. I think it will save a lot of time/effort once I get into it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been busy this last week. Took dog with hurt paw to the vet three times plus managed an unexpected problem in our restoration project.

I've had some ups and downs with my weight this week, but am continuing to trend down. 302.4 this morning

Dinner last night was smoked turkey, smoked artichoke, mashed cauliflower, and sauteed mushrooms. (330 calories eaten out of 425 on plate).
Dinner tonight was leftover smoked turkey sauteed with fresh mushrooms & chicken stock over mashed cauliflower (made lots yesterday) with smoked beet salad. (270 calories)

IMG_20200828_205908357.jpg IMG_20200829_210643284.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a busy work week but I’m off for a few days now. I have to figure out a schedule for working out and be consistent. I want to work out at least 3-4 days a week.
I feel when I’m at work I’m okay because I’m on the IV Team so all I do is walk all over. I normally get over 10k steps and I do take the stairs all the time as well.
It’s just when I’m off that I get lazy.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a busy work week but I’m off for a few days now. I have to figure out a schedule for working out and be consistent. I want to work out at least 3-4 days a week.
I feel when I’m at work I’m okay because I’m on the IV Team so all I do is walk all over. I normally get over 10k steps and I do take the stairs all the time as well.
It’s just when I’m off that I get lazy.
Be inefficient at home. What I mean is, instead of grabbing all the laundry and shoving it into a basket and moving it all at once, grab a couple pieces, walk to folding area, walk back and grab a couple more.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be inefficient at home. What I mean is, instead of grabbing all the laundry and shoving it into a basket and moving it all at once, grab a couple pieces, walk to folding area, walk back and grab a couple more.

I like this idea & also tend to be 'inefficient' around the house. I must run up & down the stairs 50 times each day. I try to potter, so if I'm coming down the stairs & see some dust gathering on bannisters somewhere, I'll run for a cloth & clean it there & then.

I had a call from my Dr on Friday afternoon. All of my blood work was normal & an Endocrinologist crunched all the thyroid figures properly - they were normal & it was a very thorough job. However, he has requested another batch of bloods because my serum cortisol levels were alarmingly low.

So..... This falls into place, as my eldest daughter was diagnosed with Congenital Adrenal Hypoplasia at age 5. She massively under produces cortisol, but due to her sports & activities, her body is being forced to produce it suddenly & furiously. The bed mate of cortisol is testosterone, which means her activity levels have been driving puberty since age 5. She's almost fully developed now & her Dr is amazed her periods haven't arrived, as they were not optimistic she would get to 10 without them, but she's 11 1/2 now & starts High School next week. Her friends are catching her up, so we're all good.

I know from her fabulous Endocrinologist that her condition promotes lethargy & lack of energy, plus a tenancy to gain weight easily. She is super athletic though, which her Dr endlessly encourages to keep her body in check. But the testosterone she is producing as a result has led to very hairy legs, arms & fluffy cheeks. I have those too, only years of waxing, bleaching & plucking has dampened it down somewhat. It can also lead to diffuse hair loss with time. Bingo.

I was an active but chubby child. My mother used to get really frustrated about it given how sporty I was & how nutritious our meals were - my 3 siblings were thin. I became obese in my late teens. I lost 8 stone in my early 20's & apart from a couple of pounds here & there, have remained stable until the last two of years. I suffer with bouts of terrible fatigue & have to force myself to move.

I will have to have further testing after these next blood tests, but it would seem I may have what my daughter has. She has remained un-medicated thus far as she is healthy & well, but at some stage may need a synthetic hormone. And like her, I run & run & run. I don't enjoy it, but i have always used it to keep my health & weight in check. I shall continue with the furious efforts of late & keep chipping away, but if I am like her, my body will want to be still & store fat. The exercise pushes production of testosterone & is possibly causing the hair loss episodes. If I lay around in my pants all day & got fat, I may well end up with gloriously thick hair :lol:

Keep going, ladies! You are all doing really well & @TooPatient those meals look yum! I can't believe how few calories are in them?!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s a great idea and I do tend to do that. For example when I do the laundry rather than using a basket I will fold all the clothes in the kitchen and then bring up a few things at a time.

I think this past week I was getting frustrated bc my husband still isn’t working (He won’t apply for unemployment either or look for another job) and I’ve been coming home to a messy house. Cat litter not being cleaned out (and we have a Litter Robot so it’s not that hard), the floors and kitchen a mess, Cat hair everywhere, etc. So I’ve been lazy in the sense that I haven’t cleaned the house my usual way. Instead I’ve been on strike in my bedroom.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this idea & also tend to be 'inefficient' around the house. I must run up & down the stairs 50 times each day. I try to potter, so if I'm coming down the stairs & see some dust gathering on bannisters somewhere, I'll run for a cloth & clean it there & then.

I had a call from my Dr on Friday afternoon. All of my blood work was normal & an Endocrinologist crunched all the thyroid figures properly - they were normal & it was a very thorough job. However, he has requested another batch of bloods because my serum cortisol levels were alarmingly low.

So..... This falls into place, as my eldest daughter was diagnosed with Congenital Adrenal Hypoplasia at age 5. She massively under produces cortisol, but due to her sports & activities, her body is being forced to produce it suddenly & furiously. The bed mate of cortisol is testosterone, which means her activity levels have been driving puberty since age 5. She's almost fully developed now & her Dr is amazed her periods haven't arrived, as they were not optimistic she would get to 10 without them, but she's 11 1/2 now & starts High School next week. Her friends are catching her up, so we're all good.

I know from her fabulous Endocrinologist that her condition promotes lethargy & lack of energy, plus a tenancy to gain weight easily. She is super athletic though, which her Dr endlessly encourages to keep her body in check. But the testosterone she is producing as a result has led to very hairy legs, arms & fluffy cheeks. I have those too, only years of waxing, bleaching & plucking has dampened it down somewhat. It can also lead to diffuse hair loss with time. Bingo.

I was an active but chubby child. My mother used to get really frustrated about it given how sporty I was & how nutritious our meals were - my 3 siblings were thin. I became obese in my late teens. I lost 8 stone in my early 20's & apart from a couple of pounds here & there, have remained stable until the last two of years. I suffer with bouts of terrible fatigue & have to force myself to move.

I will have to have further testing after these next blood tests, but it would seem I may have what my daughter has. She has remained un-medicated thus far as she is healthy & well, but at some stage may need a synthetic hormone. And like her, I run & run & run. I don't enjoy it, but i have always used it to keep my health & weight in check. I shall continue with the furious efforts of late & keep chipping away, but if I am like her, my body will want to be still & store fat. The exercise pushes production of testosterone & is possibly causing the hair loss episodes. If I lay around in my pants all day & got fat, I may well end up with gloriously thick hair :lol:

Keep going, ladies! You are all doing really well & @TooPatient those meals look yum! I can't believe how few calories are in them?!

I'm glad you are getting closer to answers! That sounds unpleasant, but is at least a cause and maybe they can help you make a plan to address it.

I love finding ways to eat a good meal with "normal" looking portions. Turkey breast is great for protein with fewer calories than other things. An entire artichoke is 25 calories. I do mashed cauliflower very plain -- a tiny sprinkle of salt otherwise nothing but cauliflower. The only thing with this sort of meal is to watch the butter. It is easy to add a bunch to the pan for cooking mushrooms. I inched it back until finding I got the same results with 1 1/2 Tbsp as I did with 8 Tbsp.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you are getting closer to answers! That sounds unpleasant, but is at least a cause and maybe they can help you make a plan to address it.

I love finding ways to eat a good meal with "normal" looking portions. Turkey breast is great for protein with fewer calories than other things. An entire artichoke is 25 calories. I do mashed cauliflower very plain -- a tiny sprinkle of salt otherwise nothing but cauliflower. The only thing with this sort of meal is to watch the butter. It is easy to add a bunch to the pan for cooking mushrooms. I inched it back until finding I got the same results with 1 1/2 Tbsp as I did with 8 Tbsp.

I mash my cauli with butter beans. I chuck them in the pan together to boil for 17 minutes, then mash & add black pepper. Have never cooked an artichoke though, so I'm going to try that. I do eat lots of turkey & also venison, as it's so much leaner & better for you. Coming up with menus can get boring though, so if people want to post lovely pictures of their meals on here to make me salivate, that would be awesome!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made good decisions and bad decisions yesterday. Breakfast was great -- well balanced and right on calorie goal for the meal. I needed to make a drive that is 90 minutes or so each way. By the time I was ready to go, I realized I would need lunch. No good options on the drive so I brought a sliced apple, a bit of cheese, and turkey so I had a great balanced lunch. I was there long enough my next meal came around (eating every 3-4 hours does that) so I grabbed out a protein bar (150 calories with great protein and very little sugar). Great! Then it all turned wrong. I was hungry and thirsty still. Looking back, I was not really either but more like bored and a little tired. I stopped at an espresso stand. It would have been okay if I just got the coffee. Chips and cookie were not a good choice. Then I got home and DH was hungry and wanted us to have dinner early. The only quick meal I could think of was nachos. By definition, corn tortilla chips with cheese is going to be higher calorie than I want.

The great news, in a way, is that I felt horrible after. Too much oily foods. I was uncomfortable and sick feeling all night and still feel off today. Won't be tempted to do that again soon!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made good decisions and bad decisions yesterday. Breakfast was great -- well balanced and right on calorie goal for the meal. I needed to make a drive that is 90 minutes or so each way. By the time I was ready to go, I realized I would need lunch. No good options on the drive so I brought a sliced apple, a bit of cheese, and turkey so I had a great balanced lunch. I was there long enough my next meal came around (eating every 3-4 hours does that) so I grabbed out a protein bar (150 calories with great protein and very little sugar). Great! Then it all turned wrong. I was hungry and thirsty still. Looking back, I was not really either but more like bored and a little tired. I stopped at an espresso stand. It would have been okay if I just got the coffee. Chips and cookie were not a good choice. Then I got home and DH was hungry and wanted us to have dinner early. The only quick meal I could think of was nachos. By definition, corn tortilla chips with cheese is going to be higher calorie than I want.

The great news, in a way, is that I felt horrible after. Too much oily foods. I was uncomfortable and sick feeling all night and still feel off today. Won't be tempted to do that again soon!

This happens to the best of us sometimes! But tomorrow is a new day & a fresh start.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought veggies from small farms on the other side of WA. They will be delicious. Super fresh -- one farm let me pick my own tomatoes and cut the rest off the plants while I watched!

Just need to use it all... This is just part of what I bought!

IMG_20200903_082038814.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought veggies from small farms on the other side of WA. They will be delicious. Super fresh -- one farm let me pick my own tomatoes and cut the rest off the plants while I watched!

Mmm! I love watermelons. Makes me want some too. Here is a funny story about them. I had a neighbor in NY that went on a watermelon diet. I think she ate one whole watermelon a day. She lost 70 lbs. I didn’t know her personally but I was friends with someone who knew her and told me about it.
I have no idea if she ever kept the weight off.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm! I love watermelons. Makes me want some too. Here is a funny story about them. I had a neighbor in NY that went on a watermelon diet. I think she ate one whole watermelon a day. She lost 70 lbs. I didn’t know her personally but I was friends with someone who knew her and told me about it.
I have no idea if she ever kept the weight off.

I think I ended up with 10 watermelons, 3 cantaloupe, 2 santa clause melons, and another melon I always forget the name of. DH and I need to eat a melon a day or more. Weight loss would be welcome!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks delicious! I buy all my veggies in season & from the farm here where I live. You can't beat it super fresh & package free!

It is delicious! I drove for almost 12 hours making a loop around the mountains to stop at 6 different farms and small stands. Beautiful drive and amazing produce. It is the only way I will eat watermelon.

Besides, where else do you get a 10 pound zucchini? IMG_20200903_094906775.jpg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

What a haul! This actually sounds really fun too. I might suggest it to my husband if I can get my darn chicken coop done this weekend.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is delicious! I drove for almost 12 hours making a loop around the mountains to stop at 6 different farms and small stands. Beautiful drive and amazing produce. It is the only way I will eat watermelon.

Besides, where else do you get a 10 pound zucchini? IMG_20200903_094906775.jpg

I can't even look at courgette at the moment. We grow it in the garden & this year I am chopping off 2 each day. I am cooking them in EVERYTHING. It's being grated into every single meal. I'm getting sick of it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a haul! This actually sounds really fun too. I might suggest it to my husband if I can get my darn chicken coop done this weekend.

It was super fun! I took the very scenic route and headed to Hwy 2 (we live about 15 minutes from I-90) so I could check out the area around Duval/Monroe/Sultan/etc again with an eye towards how practical it would be to live there. I haven't taken Stevens Pass in years! Stopped at Espresso Chalet for a coffee (the chocolates they sell under the window are amazing too -- the dark chocolate bourbon pecan OMG!) then over the pass. Stopped in at various places as I went. Santiago's Garden in Ephrata was the highlight. They actually let me pick my tomatoes and I could have picked the rest if I wanted to. So many peppers and tomatoes! Then back home across I-90 stopping at Thorp Fruit and Antiques on the way. Corn came from the back of a truck in Ephrata.

59er Diner was a delicious stop for lunch. The only thing I wish I had gotten to was the Brazilian BBQ place in Ellensburg.

It was so fun to drive through the mountains past rivers & waterfalls then through the Columbia Gorge (took HWY 28 from Wenatchee to Ephrata)

The gummi bears were amazing. Plus the huckleberry popcorn...

IMG_20200902_163038982.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unexpected benefit is lots of exercise :lol: as I unload the car. Up and down the stairs a couple dozen times. Down with empty hands, up with a big vegetable weight...

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It was super fun! I took the very scenic route and headed to Hwy 2 (we live about 15 minutes from I-90) so I could check out the area around Duval/Monroe/Sultan/etc again with an eye towards how practical it would be to live there. I haven't taken Stevens Pass in years! Stopped at Espresso Chalet for a coffee (the chocolates they sell under the window are amazing too -- the dark chocolate bourbon pecan OMG!) then over the pass. Stopped in at various places as I went. Santiago's Garden in Ephrata was the highlight. They actually let me pick my tomatoes and I could have picked the rest if I wanted to. So many peppers and tomatoes! Then back home across I-90 stopping at Thorp Fruit and Antiques on the way. Corn came from the back of a truck in Ephrata.

59er Diner was a delicious stop for lunch. The only thing I wish I had gotten to was the Brazilian BBQ place in Ellensburg.

It was so fun to drive through the mountains past rivers & waterfalls then through the Columbia Gorge (took HWY 28 from Wenatchee to Ephrata)

The gummi bears were amazing. Plus the huckleberry popcorn...

IMG_20200902_163038982.jpg

Ok I’m sold lol. I’m really jealous right now. The last time we left our area (aside from our Jan trip to New Orleans) was in December when we went to Leavenworth. Washington is such a beautiful state and we usually do more but tried to stay local this year. I’m going to hustle this weekend so we can go sightseeing. :dance:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even look at courgette at the moment. We grow it in the garden & this year I am chopping off 2 each day. I am cooking them in EVERYTHING. It's being grated into every single meal. I'm getting sick of it!

My garden has been a serious failure. Slugs got all of the squash plants and most of the cucumber. Then I was busy with school so didn't get my tomatoes planted until July. Will try again next year!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

I always tell myself one of these days I’ll stop by at the Thorp fruit stand but I always end up driving by cuz I’m in a hurry to get to my destination. Mmm fresh fruit sounds so good about now. What’s the one right past Yakima when you get on i-82?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always tell myself one of these days I’ll stop by at the Thorp fruit stand but I always end up driving by cuz I’m in a hurry to get to my destination. Mmm fresh fruit sounds so good about now. What’s the one right past Yakima when you get on i-82?

I got the prettiest blue stemmed wine glasses from the antique area upstairs there. Lots of fun sauces, pickles, preserves, and ice cream too. The prices on produce are not the best, but always clean and fresh.

Is the stand you are thinking of on this map? I am horrible at remembering names!

Screenshot_20200903-195123.png Screenshot_20200903-195133.png

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

I miss these overgrown zucchinis! Like you, I would stuff them with meat, rice and vegetables. I miss the smell of the ripe tomatoes that are coming right from the field.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results