shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss 2020 FTW! We gots this!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My garden has been a serious failure. Slugs got all of the squash plants and most of the cucumber. Then I was busy with school so didn't get my tomatoes planted until July. Will try again next year!

We've done OK this year in our garden. We've had blueberries, peas, beans, mange tout, the courgettes obviously, chillies & now we're starting to eat the tomatoes from the greenhouse. We also grew an aubergine to see if it would fruit, and we managed to get 1 small one, which was nice. Our brocoli got destroyed by caterpillars despite being in the fruit cage with the blueberry bushes. Obviously a butterfly sneaked in.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo... how did everyone do over the holiday weekend? My future FIL invited us on his boat to see a show on the river. We then went to one of my favorite restaurants on the water that I haven’t been to since lockdown so I had to indulge. Got myself an ahi tuna burger, my regular. It’s so yummy! Now I gotta be good again. Well, we all know holiday calories don’t count. Now if only our bodies hopped onto this trend...

What were you guys up to?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I got the prettiest blue stemmed wine glasses from the antique area upstairs there. Lots of fun sauces, pickles, preserves, and ice cream too. The prices on produce are not the best, but always clean and fresh.

Is the stand you are thinking of on this map? I am horrible at remembering names!

Screenshot_20200903-195123.png Screenshot_20200903-195133.png

I think it’s called Precision Fruit Stand. Either way, they all have the same look about them. Just need to pick one and go!

How do you cook your huge zucchini? I got one once and I tried a korean recipe where you dip it in flour, egg yolk, and panko and fry it on a pan. But the zuchinni was way too big so it had a bigger seeds and didn’t taste very good. Maybe zuchhini bread...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s called Precision Fruit Stand. Either way, they all have the same look about them. Just need to pick one and go!

How do you cook your huge zucchini? I got one once and I tried a korean recipe where you dip it in flour, egg yolk, and panko and fry it on a pan. But the zuchinni was way too big so it had a bigger seeds and didn’t taste very good. Maybe zuchhini bread...

I cut them in half and scoop the seeds out. Fill with ground lamb, turkey, or beef and rice/cauliflower spiced. Usually with a tomato sauce around. So many delicious stuffed zucchini recipes! A lot are very healthy. You can also cook along with stuffed peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes. (I usually use large enough zucchini there is no need for anything else...)

I got creative a few years ago and did a burrito stuffed zucchini where I stuffed it with brown rice, black beans, diced tomatoes, a bit of cheese, and whatever chilis I had around. Topped with fresh salsa. Very different than DH expected, but was delicious.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
302.4 on 8/29
304.8 today.

Wrong direction, but unsurprising as this last week has been random. Missed too many meals. The fresh produce has been a mixed bag as far as weight loss. Great and healthy, but too many carbohydrates with way too little protein.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve started doing a version of the 5:2. We have eggs on our ‘2’ days to fill us up so we don’t have lunch, then eat light in the evening. DH says he’s lost a couple of pounds, I haven’t weighed myself since starting, I’ll have to do that this weekend.

It’s hard not being able to walk much, I’m having an MRI on my knee tomorrow to see what’s going on, and I’m getting Invisalign, all the prep work done, just waiting for the first set. The orthodontist said a lot of people do lose some weight, because of the faff of putting them in and taking them out. I’ve got to wear them 22 hours a day, so it’ll definitely stop me snacking :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh!! I’ve been so bad. I keep eating these moon cakes from Costco. My husband keeps buying them bc I keep finishing them. I finally told him to stop buying them. They are 660 calories each and I’ve been eating two a day on top of whatever else I eat.
Okay. Tomorrow is a new day right?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh!! I’ve been so bad. I keep eating these moon cakes from Costco. My husband keeps buying them bc I keep finishing them. I finally told him to stop buying them. They are 660 calories each and I’ve been eating two a day on top of whatever else I eat.
Okay. Tomorrow is a new day right?
Well, you’re just being cost friendly. You can’t throw money away, right?

Ummmmm I bought a Costco size pumpkin pie....knowing that no one else in the household eats pumpkin pie... so.... it’s almost gone let’s say that. I have an excuse though. And it’s a good one. I promise to come back later and update...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you’re just being cost friendly. You can’t throw money away, right?

Ummmmm I bought a Costco size pumpkin pie....knowing that no one else in the household eats pumpkin pie... so.... it’s almost gone let’s say that. I have an excuse though. And it’s a good one. I promise to come back later and update...
You didn't share with the furbabies?

I love zucchini in a frittata

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stuffed one of our zucchinis. No way I can eat half of the zucchini! Half the zucchini comes in at 540 calories. Stuffed with 93% lean ground beef, ground turkey breast, and basmati rice. Topped with tomatoes and apple cider vinegar.

Plate shows half of one zucchini. (549 calories). This is dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

IMG_20200912_221317537.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuffing another big zucchini today! So good! Even DH loved it and was only able to manage 1/2 his plate last night. Not sure yet if I will call this dinner for two nights or dinner for 1 night, lunch for 2 days. Will decide tomorrow based on smoke outside...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally back down to 302.4 after the bad decision on food a couple of nights followed by too many missed meals.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the urge to buy kale. I don't like kale! People are posting photos in the dehydrator group and make it look so good. I may be forced to try kale again... :lol:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have the urge to buy kale. I don't like kale! People are posting photos in the dehydrator group and make it look so good. I may be forced to try kale again... :lol:

If you massage it with a little olive oil and sprinkle on some sea salt, then roast it in the oven it makes yummy home made kale chips!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you massage it with a little olive oil and sprinkle on some sea salt, then roast it in the oven it makes yummy home made kale chips!

Good to know! I will have to try that!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In an attempt at good health, I skipped the usual roasted garlic.mashed potatoes this Rosh Hashanah and went with mashed cauliflower. Well tried brisket started on the smoker meant much of the day dripped off rather than soaking in while braising. Absolutely delicious! IMG_20200918_230321480.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to remember to eat. Tired with a lot going on. Found I only ate two meals several days last week. Not ideal for my body!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to a bbq and I managed to do pretty well. 1 hamburger, a small amount of corn, a small amount of vegetarian baked beans, 1/2 square of homemade focaccia, and 1/2 thin sliced of homemade Italian herbed sourdough. Not bad considering what was there! I skipped the ambrosia salad, chips, beer, spinach cheese dip, and the entire dessert table. The homemade gooey strawberry cake and that ultra chocolate brownie were especially hard to pass up, but I did it! Okay, I may have had a small piece if there had been seating but there wasn't so eating and balancing while standing/walking was more difficult :lol:

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi, PS-pals! I'd love to join in on this. The pandemic has really derailed my formerly relatively healthy lifestyle. WFH has me so sedentary, and we've been eating way too much takeaway/delivery. My goal is to lose 10lbs by end of November. I'm giving myself time to take it slow and not let this be another thing that stresses me during this time.

I'm going to have an eating window from 11am to 7pm, replace lunch or dinner with Huel Hot & Savoury, and work in 30 min of exercise a day. Right now, I'm really enjoying a yoga app called Down Dog.

Lots of strength to everyone participating!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies! How is everyone doing? I am feeling pretty knackered truth be told, plus my feet ache, but i have stuck to my 3 long runs & 2 HIIT sessions every single week. I am slowly getting my waist back & not overhanging my jeans anymore, but I still have a long way to go to like what I see in the mirror. And tbh, I feel my effort justifies a hugely greater change to my body, but I'll keep going.

I FINALLY have answers to my fat tummy & hair loss - I have polycystic ovaries. The serum cortisol measured fine the second time, which was early morning, so it appears I just deplete quickly throughout the day due to the level of activity I have. The first tests were late afternoon.

The Dr also had a different Endocrinologist look over my results & it turns out I am in well established perimenopause. Usually PCOS is picked up through infertility, but as I had no trouble conceiving it was missed. My symptoms are so slight on the grand scale of things that it's easy to see why - some women really suffer badly with this.

The only treatment is full on HRT. I have worked hard to prepare mentally & physically for menopause, so they are very happy to steer me away from medication for as long as I feel i would like to. I am so fit & well, my bone density is great (from all the bloody running, I expect) and i have no perimenopause symptoms of note, apart from the wobbly tummy & thinning hair, so i will keep moving forwards.

A few tips the Dr gave me was to take a daily magnesium supplement, eat 2 Brazil nuts & 2 cups of spearmint tea daily. I have taken Viviscal for a year now & a 1000mg Vit D daily for 2 years, since they found i wasn't storing it well in the winter. Low D also contributes to hair loss.

The Viviscal is very good for hair nutrition, but the magnesium & selenium in the nuts will help the health of the follicle. The spearmint tea was a new one to me, but after reading some studies she referred me to, it has been proven to prevent testosterone from converting to DHT, thus reducing androgens common with PCOS. But no more than 2 cups per day. The studies suggest a difference in androgen levels can be measure after 30 days.

At this stage I am willing to try anything that isn't HRT, as I really don't feel I need it. Hopefully it will help in some way, even if it's just to prevent more hair loss. Will keep you posted!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies! How is everyone doing? I am feeling pretty knackered truth be told, plus my feet ache, but i have stuck to my 3 long runs & 2 HIIT sessions every single week. I am slowly getting my waist back & not overhanging my jeans anymore, but I still have a long way to go to like what I see in the mirror. And tbh, I feel my effort justifies a hugely greater change to my body, but I'll keep going.

I FINALLY have answers to my fat tummy & hair loss - I have polycystic ovaries. The serum cortisol measured fine the second time, which was early morning, so it appears I just deplete quickly throughout the day due to the level of activity I have. The first tests were late afternoon.

The Dr also had a different Endocrinologist look over my results & it turns out I am in well established perimenopause. Usually PCOS is picked up through infertility, but as I had no trouble conceiving it was missed. My symptoms are so slight on the grand scale of things that it's easy to see why - some women really suffer badly with this.

The only treatment is full on HRT. I have worked hard to prepare mentally & physically for menopause, so they are very happy to steer me away from medication for as long as I feel i would like to. I am so fit & well, my bone density is great (from all the bloody running, I expect) and i have no perimenopause symptoms of note, apart from the wobbly tummy & thinning hair, so i will keep moving forwards.

A few tips the Dr gave me was to take a daily magnesium supplement, eat 2 Brazil nuts & 2 cups of spearmint tea daily. I have taken Viviscal for a year now & a 1000mg Vit D daily for 2 years, since they found i wasn't storing it well in the winter. Low D also contributes to hair loss.

The Viviscal is very good for hair nutrition, but the magnesium & selenium in the nuts will help the health of the follicle. The spearmint tea was a new one to me, but after reading some studies she referred me to, it has been proven to prevent testosterone from converting to DHT, thus reducing androgens common with PCOS. But no more than 2 cups per day. The studies suggest a difference in androgen levels can be measure after 30 days.

At this stage I am willing to try anything that isn't HRT, as I really don't feel I need it. Hopefully it will help in some way, even if it's just to prevent more hair loss. Will keep you posted!

Yay for an answer! It sounds like a comparatively manageable problem. Hoping you get your body balanced quickly!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for an answer! It sounds like a comparatively manageable problem. Hoping you get your body balanced quickly!

I hope so too. And thank you - you're all incredibly supportive.

Now, I'm looking forward to more pictures of your delicious dinners!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you’ve finally managed to get a diagnosis @Alex T, it must be a relief to know the cause of the problem.

I think I’m going to be losing weight without really trying too hard as I started Invisalign on Friday and have to keep them in 22 hours a day, so no snacking for me. They’ll only be coming out when I eat and then going straight back in after I’ve brushed my teeth. I can only drink plain water with them in too, so that’ll help with hydration and flushing the toxins. I can’t exercise at the moment, only the prescribed physio, so until that’s over - and the rain stops, I’m mostly inside.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you’ve finally managed to get a diagnosis @Alex T, it must be a relief to know the cause of the problem.

I think I’m going to be losing weight without really trying too hard as I started Invisalign on Friday and have to keep them in 22 hours a day, so no snacking for me. They’ll only be coming out when I eat and then going straight back in after I’ve brushed my teeth. I can only drink plain water with them in too, so that’ll help with hydration and flushing the toxins. I can’t exercise at the moment, only the prescribed physio, so until that’s over - and the rain stops, I’m mostly inside.

Thanks Austina. It's been a headache, that's for sure, but at least I know & can now concentrate on dropping these few pounds & continuing looking after myself as I navigate these years.

Why can't you snack with invisalign? Hmm.... maybe I should get them too! I hope they work well for you. How long will you have to wear them? I have crooked bottom teeth (not badly, just slightly over crowded) & have considered them too, but I can't justify the cost for what will be a relatively slight change? Let me know how you get on with them (and if you lose weight as a side effect!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Yay!

I am wearing PANTS! Been wearing pajama pants since my surgery because of the incision and then because my pants wouldn't fit and it wasn't like I was going out anyway...

So my weight is hovering at 303-304 pounds, but my waist has shrunk enough my pants fit!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Yay!

I am wearing PANTS! Been wearing pajama pants since my surgery because of the incision and then because my pants wouldn't fit and it wasn't like I was going out anyway...

So my weight is hovering at 303-304 pounds, but my waist has shrunk enough my pants fit!

Huge milestone!!! What a great feeling that is & well done!! :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can only drink plain water with the aligners in, so if you want to drink or eat anything, you have to take them out @Alex T, then when you’re done, you have to brush your teeth, clean the aligners and put them back in. Honestly, I don’t want to brush my teeth several times a day and wear my enamel down so I’m just sticking to my three meals, taking them out literally seconds before I eat, and as soon as I’m done, brush my teeth and get them back in.

My teeth aren’t bad either, my upper right incisor is crooked and my lower 1’s and 2’s both sides are crooked so as we have been refunded all our cancelled trips, I decided to just do it. I can honestly say it’s not as bad I as I thought it might be, I was a bit worried it might feel like I’ve got a mouthful of marbles, but it’s fine, I’m aware of them but I’m not finding them particularly intrusive. Like everything, it’s fiddly find the knack of getting them in and out at first, but I’m getting used to it, and the longer I can keep them in every day, the shorter the overall time I’ll have to wear them. I’m managing at least 22 hours a day, and I already have set 2 which I’ll change to on the 16th.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can only drink plain water with the aligners in, so if you want to drink or eat anything, you have to take them out @Alex T, then when you’re done, you have to brush your teeth, clean the aligners and put them back in. Honestly, I don’t want to brush my teeth several times a day and wear my enamel down so I’m just sticking to my three meals, taking them out literally seconds before I eat, and as soon as I’m done, brush my teeth and get them back in.

My teeth aren’t bad either, my upper right incisor is crooked and my lower 1’s and 2’s both sides are crooked so as we have been refunded all our cancelled trips, I decided to just do it. I can honestly say it’s not as bad I as I thought it might be, I was a bit worried it might feel like I’ve got a mouthful of marbles, but it’s fine, I’m aware of them but I’m not finding them particularly intrusive. Like everything, it’s fiddly find the knack of getting them in and out at first, but I’m getting used to it, and the longer I can keep them in every day, the shorter the overall time I’ll have to wear them. I’m managing at least 22 hours a day, and I already have set 2 which I’ll change to on the 16th.

I am seriously interested in updates on these bad boys. Have you taken before pics? I know looking in people's mouths isn't the coolest of things, but I'd love to see when it's all done, if you don't mind sharing?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EC77916E-6DEC-4B21-A7CF-2A0175251D1F.jpeg D824851D-9654-474C-AC26-E25EC7C554FD.jpeg

Sorry to everyone else, but this is how my teeth are now @Alex T, this is with the aligners in, so you can see they really are quite invisible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results