shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss 2020 FTW! We gots this!

Alex T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My garden has been a serious failure. Slugs got all of the squash plants and most of the cucumber. Then I was busy with school so didn't get my tomatoes planted until July. Will try again next year!
We've done OK this year in our garden. We've had blueberries, peas, beans, mange tout, the courgettes obviously, chillies & now we're starting to eat the tomatoes from the greenhouse. We also grew an aubergine to see if it would fruit, and we managed to get 1 small one, which was nice. Our brocoli got destroyed by caterpillars despite being in the fruit cage with the blueberry bushes. Obviously a butterfly sneaked in.

Spring Day

Shiny_Rock
Soooo... how did everyone do over the holiday weekend? My future FIL invited us on his boat to see a show on the river. We then went to one of my favorite restaurants on the water that I haven’t been to since lockdown so I had to indulge. Got myself an ahi tuna burger, my regular. It’s so yummy! Now I gotta be good again. Well, we all know holiday calories don’t count. Now if only our bodies hopped onto this trend...

What were you guys up to?

Spring Day

Shiny_Rock
I got the prettiest blue stemmed wine glasses from the antique area upstairs there. Lots of fun sauces, pickles, preserves, and ice cream too. The prices on produce are not the best, but always clean and fresh.

Is the stand you are thinking of on this map? I am horrible at remembering names!

Screenshot_20200903-195123.png Screenshot_20200903-195133.png
I think it’s called Precision Fruit Stand. Either way, they all have the same look about them. Just need to pick one and go!

How do you cook your huge zucchini? I got one once and I tried a korean recipe where you dip it in flour, egg yolk, and panko and fry it on a pan. But the zuchinni was way too big so it had a bigger seeds and didn’t taste very good. Maybe zuchhini bread...

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s called Precision Fruit Stand. Either way, they all have the same look about them. Just need to pick one and go!

How do you cook your huge zucchini? I got one once and I tried a korean recipe where you dip it in flour, egg yolk, and panko and fry it on a pan. But the zuchinni was way too big so it had a bigger seeds and didn’t taste very good. Maybe zuchhini bread...
I cut them in half and scoop the seeds out. Fill with ground lamb, turkey, or beef and rice/cauliflower spiced. Usually with a tomato sauce around. So many delicious stuffed zucchini recipes! A lot are very healthy. You can also cook along with stuffed peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes. (I usually use large enough zucchini there is no need for anything else...)

I got creative a few years ago and did a burrito stuffed zucchini where I stuffed it with brown rice, black beans, diced tomatoes, a bit of cheese, and whatever chilis I had around. Topped with fresh salsa. Very different than DH expected, but was delicious.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
302.4 on 8/29
304.8 today.

Wrong direction, but unsurprising as this last week has been random. Missed too many meals. The fresh produce has been a mixed bag as far as weight loss. Great and healthy, but too many carbohydrates with way too little protein.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve started doing a version of the 5:2. We have eggs on our ‘2’ days to fill us up so we don’t have lunch, then eat light in the evening. DH says he’s lost a couple of pounds, I haven’t weighed myself since starting, I’ll have to do that this weekend.

It’s hard not being able to walk much, I’m having an MRI on my knee tomorrow to see what’s going on, and I’m getting Invisalign, all the prep work done, just waiting for the first set. The orthodontist said a lot of people do lose some weight, because of the faff of putting them in and taking them out. I’ve got to wear them 22 hours a day, so it’ll definitely stop me snacking :lol:

kayla17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh!! I’ve been so bad. I keep eating these moon cakes from Costco. My husband keeps buying them bc I keep finishing them. I finally told him to stop buying them. They are 660 calories each and I’ve been eating two a day on top of whatever else I eat.
Okay. Tomorrow is a new day right?

Spring Day

Shiny_Rock
Ugh!! I’ve been so bad. I keep eating these moon cakes from Costco. My husband keeps buying them bc I keep finishing them. I finally told him to stop buying them. They are 660 calories each and I’ve been eating two a day on top of whatever else I eat.
Okay. Tomorrow is a new day right?
Well, you’re just being cost friendly. You can’t throw money away, right?

Ummmmm I bought a Costco size pumpkin pie....knowing that no one else in the household eats pumpkin pie... so.... it’s almost gone let’s say that. I have an excuse though. And it’s a good one. I promise to come back later and update...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you’re just being cost friendly. You can’t throw money away, right?

Ummmmm I bought a Costco size pumpkin pie....knowing that no one else in the household eats pumpkin pie... so.... it’s almost gone let’s say that. I have an excuse though. And it’s a good one. I promise to come back later and update...
You didn't share with the furbabies?

I love zucchini in a frittata

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stuffed one of our zucchinis. No way I can eat half of the zucchini! Half the zucchini comes in at 540 calories. Stuffed with 93% lean ground beef, ground turkey breast, and basmati rice. Topped with tomatoes and apple cider vinegar.

Plate shows half of one zucchini. (549 calories). This is dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

IMG_20200912_221317537.jpg

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuffing another big zucchini today! So good! Even DH loved it and was only able to manage 1/2 his plate last night. Not sure yet if I will call this dinner for two nights or dinner for 1 night, lunch for 2 days. Will decide tomorrow based on smoke outside...

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally back down to 302.4 after the bad decision on food a couple of nights followed by too many missed meals.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the urge to buy kale. I don't like kale! People are posting photos in the dehydrator group and make it look so good. I may be forced to try kale again... :lol:

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dehydrating food... Need to try veggies for a super low calorie snack.

Going to get a lot of exercise in as I prep the house for sale and begin packing.

IMG_20200914_175231128.jpg IMG_20200914_180329886.jpg IMG_20200915_224325073.jpg IMG_20200917_155109677.jpg

FL_runner

Rough_Rock
I have the urge to buy kale. I don't like kale! People are posting photos in the dehydrator group and make it look so good. I may be forced to try kale again... :lol:
If you massage it with a little olive oil and sprinkle on some sea salt, then roast it in the oven it makes yummy home made kale chips!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In an attempt at good health, I skipped the usual roasted garlic.mashed potatoes this Rosh Hashanah and went with mashed cauliflower. Well tried brisket started on the smoker meant much of the day dripped off rather than soaking in while braising. Absolutely delicious! IMG_20200918_230321480.jpg

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to remember to eat. Tired with a lot going on. Found I only ate two meals several days last week. Not ideal for my body!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.