shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 4th Feb till 10th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skip and all!

Ok tonight we change the weight exercises as weeks 1- 3 are completed!!! I am dreading what painful delights I have in store in our little gym - I guess I will find out! The dreaded squat word was mentioned, so not looking forward to that
40.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all! So, my weekly kickboxing workout at the gym was last night, and boy did it feel good! I always find that the instructor in a class makes all the difference, and we have an awesome teacher.

The weather is getting cooler here and I'm actually kind of hoping for a little snow. We've had an unusually mild winter for this area, and I always like a touch of the snow for my birthday, which is on Monday.

I was curious how often you guys weigh yourselves? I try to do it maybe once a week, but sometimes can be as much as once every two weeks. I find if I start weighing myself daily or even every other day, I get a little too obsessive for my own liking.

Rod - I hope you and Charlie are doing well this morning. My thoughts are with you both right now, and I just know Koh is up in kitty heaven.
Mara - Well said! I agree completely.
phoenixgirl - Sorry to hear about no blood test. Hopefully they'll figure out what it is soon and you'll start feeling better again.
somethingshiny - Mmmm...chili & snow, what a great combination! And thanks for the sweet tooth tips - much appreciated!
marcyc - Great workout, and thanks for the sweet tooth tips!
Lorelei - I find squats to be an evil word too!

Have a great day everyone!!
emotion-19.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 9:31:33 AM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

I was curious how often you guys weigh yourselves? I try to do it maybe once a week, but sometimes can be as much as once every two weeks. I find if I start weighing myself daily or even every other day, I get a little too obsessive for my own liking.
I usually weigh myself every Wednesday. If I feel like I''m way off track I do so more often. I''ve read several articles that say the best way to stay on track is to weigh in once a day, but I tend to be obsessive and I don''t want to be that attached to my scale, so I don''t follow the advice. I think if you feel like you''re in a good place and/or headed in the right direction your weekly/biweekly weigh ins are good enough.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi to everyone and Happy Friday!

Skippy No pics of the storm. Although it''s really cool to see it lightning during a snow storm. You don''t see it often and it lights up the sky in a very unique way. Glad hubby''s birthday went well. And, what do you mean by calling me a baby?? You''re not much older than me!!

PHX Hmmm..veggie snow...hadn''t thought of it that way. Your roast sounds lovely, and I just love beets. I don''t make them often because DH hates the taste and smell of them. So, I make them when he''s not home and eat all of them immediately. (harvard beets are my fav)

Lorelei Good Luck with the Squats!

PW Any birthday plans? I weigh myself very rarely. In fact, I didn''t even own a scale until I was pregnant with my little boy. The number never makes me happy, so I just pay attention to how I feel and how my clothes fit.

Have a good day, all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh lorelei, i love me some squats. my trainer told me that if i only ever do ONE EXERCISE for the rest of my life...make sure it's squats. apparently it keeps the booty firm and perky. hehee.

lunges are what get me...my butt muscles and legs hurt SO BAD for a few days afterwards i can barely sit down...yikes!! guess that means they are effective.

so one of my trainers is leaving for greener pastures. i am pretty sad about it, but he might be back for sundays in which case i could still see him every once in a while. he REALLY pushes me. my other trainer gives me stuff that's hard but i know i can do it, so i don't complain. with this other guy, he gives me stuff where i am like 'seriously?'...and i am really skeptical i can pull it off but then i do, typically after a bit of working at it and wobbling and the like. so while this guy doesn't have the best personality and isn't a chatter (my other trainer is a female and we chat the whole time), he is definitely a person that challenges me. i am going to try to write down some of the stuff we do together because the other trainers don't do the same exercises he does with me, and i'm not sure if they know them all. he also does rehabiliation of the elderly so he knows a ton of cross training exercises and how to 'make do' with almost any piece of equipment which is a good talent to have!

i saw him last nite, his last day is my thurs appt with him next week...and today i am sore in the back and shoulders, in a good way!! so we did an hour last nite, and then i did an hour of zumba...thurs are my heavy days!! i am sore this morning and bones feel tired. i am supposed to do cardio tonite but we'll see. i have worked out sun, mon, wed, thurs, and will do class tomorrow, so either today or sunday will be my day off. i think i'll work out tonite then take sunday off.

we had fish tacos last nite (scallop and snapper for me) with a small prawn quesadilla to share, chips, salsa. i had some pineapple agua fresca, yummy. then we watched lost with our neighbors and shared 2 choco covered strawberries from the gift box the vendor sent a few days ago (the rest are GONE, they were so good) and had lattes. yesterday's eating overall was quite good, esp given the multiple donut consumption the day before.

is anyone giving something up for lent? i don't know when you are supposed to start (great catholic i am eh?!) but i was toying around with the idea of giving up sweets. everyone i have told is HORRIFIED at that thought, 40 days with no treats...hahaa. i don't know if i'd want to do it, i'm not really religious but i kind of like the idea of giving something like that up, where i know i will really feel it, just to see if i could do it. side effect would probably be much easier to maintain weight and maybe even lose a 1lb or 2 of fatty fat fat that might be hanging around. tempting...but not sure. obviously i'd have to make an exception for vday cuz otherwise that's just wrong! haha. on the other hand i am trying to do better with moderation so depriving myself for 40 days will probably only set me up for a massive sweet binge on day 41. so not sure what the real long-term benefit would be. gotta noodle on it some more.

anyhow, happy friday all!!! rod, continued hugs on the loss of your pretty baby. whenever i read something like that on PS about a pet's passing, i make sure to give portia extra snuggles. she probably is like 'what the heck is up with this woman, she is always smothering me...does she want to eat me?'...hehe. since they say dogs don't really think of 'affection' the way we do.

pw...i weigh myself maybe once a week but more like once every week and a half. i also am not trying to lose weight anymore, so it's more like a reality check to just be sure i'm not creeping up without realizing it. but mostly i go off fit of my clothes, so when they are tighter or looser, i get on the scale to see what the #'s say. the scale can be too obsessive for some people (like me), so i really try to stay away from it as it's not 'accurate'...but when you are losing weight it can help more i think than when you are maintenance like me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, I leave Wed next week; I will pack you in my bags w/me. Your Mediterranean sounds yummy!! What a sweet hubby you have. Have a safe trip and hugs sweetie!

Patiently Waiting, I weigh once a week in the morning too like the others. Great on the kickboxing, sounds tough! I hope you get snow, it is so pretty.

SS, you are 4 yrs younger, hehe that is a baby in my book.
1.gif

Mara, sorry that your kick booty trainer is leaving, that bites, those type of people are the BEST! Hey, I am not sure what I am giving up for this season. I usually volunteer somewhere or make a donation to charity instead of buying something nice for myself. In the past I gave up cookies and that year the sweet girl scouts who were my neighbors asked me to buy cookies so that year was especially tough.
11.gif

Okay, the weather is fab
emhot.gif
so I will be walking today; I think I said that in my earlier post today on pg 4. TGIF!!!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
wow, i certainly didn''t mean to stir up so much just by pointing out that my food wasn''t normal yesterday!

mara, i appreciate your sentiment but i think you took what i said in the wrong way. i didn''t say i was "bad", just that it wasn''t the best. and it wasn''t. i had more calories and saturated fat than usual at both lunch and dinner, and i typically try to keep my splurges to once a day. both meals were delicious and i don''t regret either one...but i can''t eat like that everyday. everything in moderation. if i hadn''t been planning a big pizza dinner, i would have had the whole brownie!

moving on...

dance class was great last night, i had so much fun. i really, really love my class.
36.gif
and the pizza and girltime was good too.

today i had a pumpkin muffin for breakfast and a handful of almonds when i got hungry mid-morning. lunch will be leftover sloppy joes on a ww bun and a pear and a latte this afternoon. we''re going out to dinner for a friend''s birthday and i think i am going to get the tuna nicoise - yum!

oh, and i''m going to costa rica on vacation - can''t wait! i still have a few weeks of winter and work to slog through before the trip, but it''s nice to have something to look forward to.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
11.gif
Mara I think your trainer is coming to my gym! You know we have a shortage of good trainers here. hahaha. Just joking. Well, to be sure, I will check to see if there are any new trainers!! Can you find out where he's going?

Skippy, take an extra bag and pack me in there too!

So I spoke too soon about my yoga class. I am sore today. I totally underestimated that class. I am taking a total body (
41.gif
shampooing and) conditioning class tonight. And then vinyasa yoga immediately after. I've been so restless this week. I keep feeling like I can't sit still, even at work. So what better way to take advantage of my extra energy than to try lots of classes at the gym!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK Mara, how do you do squats??? I am an old grandma. I tried squats and I ended up on the floor.
14.gif
My knees aren''t like they used to be, when I was in my 30''s or even 40''s.
8.gif

Hey Skippy girl: What hotel are you staying in, in Paris? I was on Expedia last night looking at all of them and drooling. We were checking out Austria too.
30.gif

Do you know how to speak a little French at all? I tried to learn a little German, before our trip a few years ago. That has to be the hardest language to learn. If we go to Paris, I''ll try to learn a bit of the language. I heard they appreciate if, if you learn a few of their words. I would learn "cheese" and "chocolate" ha ha ha ha ha.

Hi to everyone and thank you for the good wishes on my losing 2 pounds. I have 8 more to go. Doctor''s orders because I sort of have high cholesterol. I don''t want to lose too much because at my age, my face caves in and I don''t want to look older then I am. I know, I know, it sounds vain but.......
9.gif

Rod and Charlie: Hope you are feeling a bit better today, thinking of you both and sending big hugs.

Linda

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning, WWTers!

So last night I made one of my VERY favorite unhealthy but delicious foods--beer cheese soup! It''s something like 800 calories in a cup, but it is so tasty. (Granted, it contains both beer and cheese, so that''s not hard to accomplish!) Key limes were on sale this week, so I also made a key lime pie. I know I splurged yesterday, but it was worth it. I''ve been tracking all my calories on sparkpeople (thanks for the recommendations!) and even with that, I''m still not doing too badly. It''s actually good, because it really lets me see what I''m eating and adjust accordingly. I''ve got Kris doing it now too (even though he gets to eat about 800 calories a day more than I do--not fair!) which is kind of fun.

I''m thinking I might head over to the temp agency today and see if I can find a temp job to do while I''m still searching for work. Even though I''m still busy during the day, I miss having a job.

Anyhow, I''m off to go eat breakfast and then head out for a run--I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ladypirate: Your soup and pie have me drooooooooling!!! Yummmmmmmmmmy!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Linda!! Squats are kind of hard and it seems like every trainer suggests a slightly different way to get them done right. I have had them tell me don''t stick our your butt. Stick out your butt. Sit like in a chair, back ramrod straight. Toes pointed straight/paralell. Toes pointed out. Wider stance. Smaller stance. But really imagine sitting down in a chair...but without the chair. That''s a squat. You might want to do them up against a wall to help your balance at first. Like sit against the wall...don''t hurt yourself!!

SB...i''m sorry, i didn''t want to single you out since it wasn''t even about you persay...just that i see us all doing this sometimes and i feel like we should slap ourselves upside the head when we are too hard on ourselves.
5.gif
and your post was just the latest example...!

CJ are you local? i feel retarded asking that since i think you are but honestly my brain feels like mush these days!! my trainer is going to some gym over in santa clara i think, he said that it''s some interesting hybrid gym thing where they don''t really have staff but they have trainers you can work with, it is apparently open like 24/7 and you have a special key/card that gets you in and there''s security and cameras to make you feel safe. i didn''t ask the name...but does it sound familiar at all??

had a mini 70 cal wheat bagel toasted with better n''peanut butter for snack with some protein powder on it. dim sum is lunch...yay...i love me some steamed shrimp balls. dinner will be indian food takeout with the neighbors and some card games and alcohol! happy friday all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Quick check in while I''m taking a break from cleaning house. Oof! Moving is so very stressful. I should really be used to it at this point, seeing as how this is our 5th move in 5 years of being married. Poor Andrew....this will be his 4th house since he was born 3 years ago. But I really think this move will be so good for the family. Our new house has a big fenced-in backyard where we can set up his soccer goal and actually run and play...our current house is on the water, so I don''t let him go outside except to the park in our neighborhood.
Anyway, I have been totally stressed between dealing with the mortgage company, the realtor, insurance, utilities, getting the current house clean and organzied before the move. I am such a stress eater (or non-eater as the case has been for me the last few weeks). I have to remind myself to stop and eat the right way or I''m just not going to feel good. I have also been slacking on my workouts since there just doesn''t seem to be time between dealing with all this move stuff and watching Andrew. Although, we have walked to the park everyday (2 miles roundtrip) so that is a little exercise. I also plan to run Sat. and Sun. when Adam will be home. Anyway, sorry I have not been giving much of a personal reply to everyone, but I have been keeping up here and there. Everyone have a great day and a great start to the weekend!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I wish I were local! I am in NYC. I visited Burlingame once and LOVED the Bay Area. BTW, teach us to do your killer lunges.

Steph, good luck with the move. Your new house sounds fantastic! Don''t forget to eat!!!!

LP, my goodness. You can come over and cook for me anytime.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

Thanks for all the kind thoughts about our loss. It still seems surreal that she is gone. Sakai (our Burnese) seems lost without her sister. I''m not sure how a pet deals with the loss of of their friend, but the two cats were very close and always slept in the sun together and enjoyed being on the dryer together when it was on too. I''m sure she doesn''t understand anything, but it has to be a big loss for her too. It''s just such a big hole in our family at the moment.

Mara, I''m glad you''ve been giving Portia extra hugs. The time we have with our furry friends is so fleeting. Enjoy every moment you have with her. I''m also sorry about your trainer. A good trainer is hard to find for sure. Thanks for your advice on making sure the company I spoke with this week is a good place. They don''t post jobs and only fill them from internal referrals, so the reason I''m talking with them is I have two really good past employee''s I''ve worked with, who are currently working there now. Albeit, in a different city, but from what they''ve told me the culture is really nice. The company''s name is latin for Vacation, and means to be free from your master. I think that''s a nice concept.

I''ve got a telephone interview in a couple moments, so I just wanted to check in quikcly. Nothing to report on the fitness front. We''re still both battling this blasted cold and I''m tired of it already. But I suppose it just has to run it''s course.

We''re going for our usual Sushi tonight, which is always something we look forward to.

Have a great afternoon everyone.........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2008 9:05:02 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks for the sympathy over the loss of our cat, Koh. Koh was her name, and the breed was a Bombay. The Bombay breed originated in Louisville, KY., in 1960 from the successful cross-breeding of two purebred cats, a Burmese and an American Shorthair. They are are all black with greenish golden eyes and round faces, with very gentle personalities. Every single night she waited by the front door for us to come home, so it was really difficult to come home tonight and realize she wouldn''t be there. Charlie is having a really difficult time with this loss as the bond between he and Koh, was very strong. But, we will always cherish the time we had with her and we know if there is a kitty heaven, she is there right now.

As I mentioned earlier, we bagged the gym tonight and just went to our favorite little diner for comfort food.

I think that''s about all I have for today. Again, thanks so much for all the sympathy.
HI:

Have not been on PS much lately--but I just caught this and am so sorry for your loss Rod. Take care.

kind regards, Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Rod,
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious kitty.

golden

Shiny_Rock
Rod- I am so sorry for the loss of your cat!! *prayers are with you*
I have a 9 year old dog- Pierre. He is the picture in my avatar. I cannot even think of life without him, I am about to cry over it now!! He is everything to us.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, just a quick note to let you know you and Charlie are in my thoughts. Big hugs.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am so glad to see the weekend arrive.
Linda, I’ll have to start working on my story soon. Hmm, maybe I should write a book and see if I can support my habit for craving gems and diamonds. Thank you so much for saying I am an inspiration to you. You''ll loose that 8 pounds in no time.
CrownJewel, how fun to try out some new classes at the gym. I hope you find one you like.
Somethingshiny, thanks for the encouragement about the treadmill. I am so glad it seems to be working okay for me. I love thunder snowstorms. They are awesome.
Hi Katebar.
Lorelei, so you are starting a new round of pantsercises soon. Squats are making me knees hurt just thinking about it. Good luck!
Skippy, your dinner sounds great. I hope your sister feels better. The flu has been going around work. I hope you enjoyed your walk this morning. I am teaching this semester. I have 52 students taking my online class. It’s going great so far.
Kimi, I hope you have a safe trip this weekend. That is nice of your husband to take on the cooking and cleaning for your company. Thank you so very much for the nice compliment about me. I truly appreciate it.
PW, glad to hear your enjoyed your kickboxing class. I hope you get some snow for your birthday. Happy Birthday on Monday. Are you getting some new bling? I hate to admit it but I still weigh myself everyday. My husband tells me not to be so obsessive about it because it’s not just about what I weigh, but I guess it’s all so novel for me I still like to do it.
Mara, sorry to hear you are loosing one of your trainers. I hope it will work out you can see him on Sunday’s sometimes. I need to find some 70 cal mini bagels. I am not a fan of bagels really but love cream cheese so that is a great excuse to have some is to eat a bagel.
Shortblonde, that is wonderful your dance class was great. Woo hoo for a trip to the tropics. Send me some warm weather please.
Ladypirate, beer cheese soup, eh? Sounds quite interesting. I’ve made beer bread before. It wasn’t bad. Good plan to get some temp jobs – it might lead you to a full time job and it does help break up the monotony of the day.
Steph, sorry to hear your life is so hectic right now but you are trying to get a great deal accomplished in a short time. Be sure to take the time to eat right so you don’t get run down.
Rod, I am sorry Sakai seems lost without her sister. Big hugs to all 3 of you as you. Enjoy your Sushi tonight.
Hi Sharon. Do you think winter will ever end this year?
Hi Sevens One, Golden and DeeJay.
Well, take care everyone and have a great weekend.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone,

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts. I guess we''re doing a little better this morning. We had a good sushi night last night, and we ran into two good friends in the fro-yo shop and they went with us to Sbucks for coffee. We''ve just lounged around this morning and given Sakai lot''s of extra loving. On New Year''s Eve, we wondered what changes 2008 would bring to our lives. Here is it just the middle of February and we''ve both lost our jobs and had a beloved pet put down. That''s a lot in just a few short weeks. But, we''re strong and healthy. And we will get through this.

We''re going to head out in a bit for lunch, then coffee, then the gym. We haven''t been since Wednesday night, so we''re ready for a workout today.

Will check in later and hope you all have a great start to your weekend...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. It''s actually in the 40''s here today - too bad the wind chill is dipping it in to the teens. Tomorrow is expected to be nicer though. I can HARDLY wait. I haven''t seen 40 degree weather since mid November here.

Rod, 2008 has certainly not been kind to you so far - I hope gets better for you and quickly. Have a great time at the gym today.

I am going to a "going out of business" jewelry store today - their ad says no reasonable offer refused OMG - it''s a good thing my husband is going with me.
9.gif

Laters,
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! happy saturday.

rod glad to hear you guys are feeling a little better today. 2008 hasn''t been that fab to you yet but there''s a lot of months for goodness to make up some of the bad.
marcy have fun at the jewelry store closing.

so yesterday i was on a tear! i ate a bunch of candy in the afternoon and a custard cream puff and honeydew milk tea from this yummy asian bakery...this was after dim sum for lunch! then for dinner we got indian from our fave local place and i was on a naan kick and i ate WAY too much and it inflated in my belly and i was practically ready to pass out from inflated belly syndrome. so my neighbor gave me some ginger pills and then i chewed some papaya peppermint pills ...both of which supposedly assist with powerful digestion. whatever that means!! i feel much better this morning...but man i am so not doing that naan thing again. that stuff is evil. yet so tasty...this place''s is the best we have ever had and it doesn''t get soggy with takeout.

this morning had egg whites and english muffin. going to zumba in a bit, and then i have a salon appt and we have our tax appt this afternoon to bring in all our goodies for our guy. and then we have a bday dinner in SF. tomorrow is way less busy but today is kind of ''catch up'' after being gone for the last few weeks kind of day. the sun is out, which is great and it''s going to be about 60 degrees, so we don''t have to worry about rain today.

have a great day all!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, everyone!

So yesterday I decided that I was going to start doing some strength training--and today I am feeling it! I did crunches, pushups, lunges, back extensions, leg lifts, shoulder pulls, and decided to round it all off by doing some pilates.
20.gif
I was planning on going for a run, but after an hour of that, I was exhausted and had errands to run. Oh well--Kris said he''d go with me today instead.

We had roast chicken last night and we''re making chicken enchiladas with the leftovers today. Yum! I actually calculated the calories/nutritional info for the recipe I use and it''s not actually as bad as I was fearing--about 290 cals per enchilada. I''ll make some mexican rice as well and that should round it out a bit.

Anyhow, I''m off to go have some breakfast--my stomach is growling!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm following doctor's orders and am not even thinking about working out today. It's quite liberating, actually. I took an impromptu nap in the back yard when I realized how sunny it is out there (I just had to move inside when the sun starting heating my jeans up uncomfortably). Tomorrow I might try a Firm video that is cardio with light weights, figuring that will be easier on my body than jogging or heavy weights. But if I don't feel up to it, I won't. As the doctor said, I have my whole life to work out. My running book says that when you have a cold, you can probably keep up your routine, but when it's more serious than that, you might set yourself back if you try to do too much. Sad as it is to say (because my intention was only to keep myself strong), I may have contributed to my body catching secondary infections and not recovering quickly.

I feel a little sore in my back, but since I haven't worked out with weights in 8 days, I know that's not it. Are my muscles saying, hey, why aren't you working us out? Or perhaps it's from Wednesday's accident? I slowed down a lot before we hit but I suppose my muscles were all clenched. The good news is that the moron's insurance company said he is taking responsibility, so I'm hopeful that means that I don't have to bother going to his hearing. I just need clarification that even if his ticket is dismissed, his telling his company he's taking responsibility now means they'll pay either way. I don't feel like he needs the ticket on his record for my peace of mind or anything. I know I've accidentally pulled out without thinking before and then thought, oh gosh, I'm such an idiot, I'm so lucky I didn't get hit. He was punished by being hit (and sustaining more damage than I did). The court can figure out anything beyond that.

Did I tell you all this might be the catalyst for me getting a new car? I'm the happy owner of a 1999 Honda CR-V with just over 100k miles on it. My first car was my mom's 1990 Accord, which I drove until it had 110k. I remember that at a certain point it sounded its death knell -- different things kept needing replacing, making it seem worthwhile to get a new car. I've been anticipating that the CR-V will sound its death knell in the next few years. But up to this point, it seems to be strong as an ox, just not very pretty anymore (somebody kicked in a fender on Halloween which I never had repaired, and now this).

My family drives a lot of Hondas (despite my SIL's working for a senator from Michagan who needs his staff to drive American cars), and I thought I'd never stray from them. But they've made the new CR-Vs too wide and just like every other SUV, not good for a city car. The Fit is so cute, but not practical if we'll have kids in this car. So it looks like Honda is out for this decade's car purchase.

My uncle gave us some money for Christmas and my husband said, hey, we should get you a new car. Since my car was operating perfectly fine I thought we'd wait a bit. But having my first real accident and having to get the CR-V fixed (which I will still do because I know his company won't pay for me to get a new car!) is making me yearn for something brand new, some kind of clean slate.

So I'm thinking a Toyota Matrix (if I can't get a Honda, Toyota is the next best thing, right?). I had my eye on the Prius, but since DH needs to look swanky in his car, he uses my car to go to bike races and needs to be able to throw bikes and gear in the back. There have been so many times that we've put down the seats in the back and had some big item just fit back there. I know the seats in the Prius fold down too, but there just isn't the same type of storage. I liked the idea of supporting hybrid/fuel efficient technology, but there just isn't a perfect hybrid out there for me this time around.

The Matrix is definitely smaller than my CR-V (mainly shorter/closer to the ground), but is in general the same idea. I saw a black one driving down the road that made me drool. And it'd be nice to have an MP3 jack and satellite radio, and of course I want side and rear airbags before we have kids.

And I think I could one for less than I paid for my CR-V in 1999 (the Matrix is also a lot more appealing price-wise than the Prius). So who knows . . . maybe I'll be getting one soon. I'll let you know!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening everyone..........

We had a nice lunch, followed by coffee under the oak, then we pushed ourselves to the gym. I can see how after just a few days away, one can sort of think, nah.......how about tomorrow?? But, we knew we couldn't fall in that hole, so we went and I'm really glad we did. We had very good workouts all around and it felt so good to be working out and working up a good sweat. For dinner, we decided to go to our fav little Italian place, which is close to us too. We had a wonderful dinner, with a terrific main course of aldent linquini with lump crab meat, scallops, fresh veggies in a light clam sauce. I ate every single morsel on my plate!! We were too full for dessert, so we just went to Sbucks for a cup of coffee and enjoyed the nice cool evening.
We'll go to the gym again tomorrow for sure.

Skippy, I can't believe you guys leave for Paris next week. You are going to love love love every single moment of your trip. If you haven't already, try to make reservations for lunch or dinner (though the food is quite expensive so lunch might be the most cost effective choice) at Jules Vern at the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Paris in 2000. And by having reservations at the top of the tower, you get to avoid the loooong lines waiting to get in the tower and you are escorted by private elevator to the top. It was sooooooo cool. We didn't make reservations prior to arriving in France, and we were told the wait can be up to six months, but we were lucky to learn a cancellation made an opening for us.

I'm glad you're taking doctors orders and resting Phoenix. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing nap in the back yard!! Have fun deciding what car to buy.

40 degree's still seems pretty darn cold to me Marcy! You'll have to let us know if you found any baubles at the going out of business sale today.

I guess that's about it for today. I hope you all had great Saturdays!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. We ran errands and I bought a few tops on sale. Not much else exciting going on here.
Mara, I did see a gorgeous blue diamond ering but knew they’d never take my offer of $100. Rats. Sorry to hear about getting inflated belly syndrome. I am glad you feel better today. We ate a DQ for supper (a few fries and part of a small blizzard) now I’m STARVED. Rats. I think I’ll have a few almonds to tide me over.
Ladypirate, yay for trying some new exercises. Good idea on chicken enchiladas – we are cooking chicken on the grill tomorrow so maybe we’ll do that with our leftovers too.
PhoenixGirl, I’m with your doctor – you can work out the rest of your life so take it very easy until you get well. I hate to see you be so run down. I am glad to hear that guy is taking responsibility for the accident. There are so many bad drivers out there anymore. Getting a new car sounds fun but it’s a heck of a way to get one. Take care of yourself girl.
Rod, yay for having a great workout today. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner tonight. I did not see a thing I couldn’t live without at the jewelry sale. My DH was kind of surprised at that. It was still pretty chilly here with the wind but tomorrow sounds like it could be a great day. Yippee.
Later,
Marcy

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, the chicken enchiladas turned out great--I ended up making them more diet friendly by making our own tortillas so we didn''t have to use any oil to soften them up enough to roll. If you used low-fat cheddar cheese, I bet it would be even better!

Plus, that being more diet-friendly meant that I had some key lime pie without feeling too guilty about it. Yum! The next few days will definitely be leftover-city. Tomorrow we''ve decided we''re finishing off the beer cheese soup and pesto from a couple of days ago and then Monday we''ll have enchiladas again. We have 9 enchiladas left, plus lots of pinto beans and spanish rice.

I was pretty sore today, so I didn''t get much exercising in, but Kris and I headed downtown and walked around for a while, so I wasn''t a complete sloth. We''re going hiking tomorrow, so that should be nice--the weather has been beautiful.

Rod, I''m glad you had a nice day with Charlie today--the Italian restaurant sounds tasty. I''m sure that the rest of 2008 will be better for you both.

Phoenix, yay for a new car! I have a Toyota (Corolla) and I love it.

Mara, naan is so tasty, but it is definitely something you must eat in moderation. I love indian food, though--yum! Also, you inspired me this morning--I had egg whites for breakfast! Granted, I mixed in some green onion and leftover potato from last night, so not quite as healthy, but it was yummy.

Steph, I''m sending you good moving vibes--it is definitely stressful! It''ll be nice for Andrew that he can play outside at the new house.

If I don''t get a chance to check in tomorrow, happy Sunday and I''ll see you all on the new thread!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

It''s been a whirlwind few days! The funeral was fitting of C, and I''m so glad I went. It was a lot of fun to spend time at my parents with just my sister, mom, dad and I; it''s been a long time since just the four of us have been together. My sister and I stayed up way to late, talking, laughing, telling stories, my mom made us breakfast, it was a bit like being a kid again for a few days. So nice.

Came home and our company showed up an hour later. John made tri-tip (what is the correct way to write that word?), roasted veggies, roasted potatoes and we had cheesecake for dessert. Today, hmmm, I don''t know what we''re doing. It''s beautiful out, that''s for sure.

ladypirate, that soups sounds so yummy!

phoenix, I''m sorry you''re back has been bothering you, but hooray for a new car.

Mara, what a disappointment that your fave trainer is moving.

Skippy, the suitcase sounds like a perfect place for me! We''re going to NYC this week and next week I''m going to spend some time at my sister''s with my nephew, so I think I''ll pass this time, as great as I think you are. Next time it''ll be all a''board though!

Time for breakfast.

K

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I don''t really post on here much anymore (been too busy trying to make progress on my PhD) but I lurk a lot as it helps me stay motivated, and I just had to chime in and tell you how sorry I am Rod about your beloved kitty. I can''t imagine how hard that must have been for you and Charlie especially with everything else that''s happening for you two and so I wanted to add my prayers and thoughts for comfort and peace for you two and for poor Sakai missing her sister. Please know that you really did the best thing you could for Koh - you gave her a dignified and pain-free end, and she passed being held in the arms of those she loved best. That is truly one of the best gifts we can give to these furry ones who enrich our lives so much, and you and Charlie clearly loved her dearly and were so selfless and brave to give her that gift at the end.

I''ll keep sending good thoughts your way that things improve for you both in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results