shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 4th Feb till 10th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!!

I lost my thread as I forgot to copy and paste it!!
29.gif

Anyway, I was thinking about something Marcy said when she was buying her cake, that she has had to accept that in order to stay slim, she will have to watch the calories forever. It is so true, this doesn't mean that we can't have a treat now and then, but that overall we have to be vigilant with the calories and to choose quality food for fuel, so that it helps us on this way of life. Eating clean is a good way to do so with eating fresh and non processed foods where possible and good low fat protein. The better we feed our bodies, the less likely it is we will crave junk.

So once we come to an acceptance of this fact, that we have to keep an eye on what we eat, the easier it becomes. I felt for years that I had been dealt such a bad card, in always having to be on a ' diet'! But eventually I came to realize that if I could accept that a slim and healthy figure wasn't going to be given to me without commitment and patience and effort, I might actually permanently succeed and I did at long last! I no longer mind that I will have to live this way forever, it is certainly better than my other dietary antics which always seemed to fail miserably!

I accept that I will have to work hard at maintaining my shape, but really it is a small price to pay for how much better I look and feel! The other crazy methods I lived by certainly didn't do it for me, but now I have the tools I need to stay in shape for the rest of my life, the alternative certainly doesn't appeal!

But I think once you come to that acceptance, it then becomes easier to make good choices and put the effort in to get your best and healthiest body! Especially once you begin to see results!
3.gif

Have a great week all and Marcy, you look fantastic!!!!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! I''m having my oatmeal and coffee this am. Then I will do my jumprope/weights/abs circuit I do sometimes since I was too tired to get up and run today before Adam left for work. Then my day will be spent trying to catch up with laundry and cleaning this house. Hope everyone has a great day!

Rod, we are actually going to be in your old stomping grounds in Oviedo! We had an offer on a house in Winter Springs, but just fell in love with this other neighborhood in Oviedo and that is where we have family, so it should be a great situation. I have been thinking about you and your job hunt....I just know something will turn up soon for you!

Marcy, oh my! I was looking at your post while the Superbowl was on, so I guess I wasn''t paying good enough attention. Anyway, I saw your starting point at the right, so I thought the progress was going from right to left, so I just looked at the pic on the left and thought "wow, she''s lost a lot of weight", then I looked closer and saw your latest pic next to your heaviest and thought "Oh my gosh! That doesn''t even look like the same person". You look amazing girl! Your total shape has changed. You must be so proud of yourself and we all are super proud of you!

Lorelei, once again you have given us a great opener. I too, have wondered why I was given this body where I feel like it is so hard to maintain my weight while others seem to eat what they want and have no weight issues. Anyway, I have also had to change my outlook and feel like it is much easier when you are looking at it like you have a healthy lifestyle to maintain because you know you are doing something good for your body. The end results are so worth the extra effort.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well this should technically go in the healthy recipe thread, but its a layer dip I made for the superbowl last night...very tasty and uses fresh, healthy ingredients. Also Ellie''s trick...use extra sharp cheddar--that way you still gets lots of flavor while using less of it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_112676,00.html

Marcy! Way to go! It looks like you could stand in one of your old pant legs and still have extra room. I''m admire your dedication and persistance to be a better, healthier you!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Lorelei, your opener is so on target with the experience I''ve had over the past month or so with my weight. Gaining after Christmas and not being able to take the weight off was so frustrating to me, until I realized I simply needed to do what I know works, count those calories. And it''s no diet, it''s just my way of staying healthy. After a week of doing so steadily, and indulging my normal two times, the scale is responding. I weigh 126.8. I haven''t seen 126 in quite some time, my body was hovering at 127.whatever. I am certainly not depriving myself, and I just feel so much better when I control the food instead of it controlling me.

So I''m off to eat my oatmeal and drink my tea and then to a 1st grade class.

Have a great day all!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am pretty new here and just spotted this thread and wondered if I can join your group?
9.gif
My hubby and I just got back on the wagon after falling off for a few years. Both he and I have struggled and conquored weight problems in the past--he was a very overweight teenager and I gained weight in my early 20s. Mid-20s I lost 35lbs and he lost 50lbs (before we met), but falling in looooove made us fall off the calorie watching-exercise wagon, and we both gained about 25 lbs back! Ouch! About 3 months ago we started excercising again, and about 1 month ago we overhauled out diet, and it seems to be working: He lost 6lbs the first month and I lost 5lbs! Woo Hoo
36.gif

Anyways, I thought that maybe having a little extra support from a group who seems to be doing the same things weare trying to do might be the extra incentive we need to stay on track! I read some of the older posts on these threads and you all seemed very cool, so and wondered if you woudn't mind another "workout" buddy?

No I am off to have my oatmeal and green tea! Bereakfast of champions!
DD
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Welcome aboard, DD. We''re always happy to have new WWTers! Hope you find some great support here, I sure do.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of COURSE you can join the thread, welcome DD!
35.gif

Thanks Stephie and Kimmy!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Welcome DD
35.gif

I find this forum to be very motivating and really I feel accountable here which helps me quite a bit. Hope to see you here often!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning..........

We''re both still fighting this awful cold. It just bounces back and forth from chest to head and back again. This morning, I''m all stopped up. I think it''s a good thing today is a day off from the gym. Nothing much happening on the job hunt today, but the day is young.

Terrific opening as usual Lorelei!! I too don''t mind that I will have to eat healthier foods and do more for my body than some other''s might have to be healthy and trim. It''s a sacrifice I''m completely willing and HAPPY to make. Anyway, thanks for your always spot on weekly opener!!

Wow Steph, Oviedo!! Good for you!! We lived in one of the first ever new communities in Oviedo called Remington Park. We had a beautiful home on a small lake and it was peaceful and quiet. There was an Italian restaurant on the Alafaya Trail that we loved. I think it was called Pepino''s? That was years ago, so it may no longer be there.

Welcome Dreamer! I hope you get as much support, friendship, and healthy advice as I do here!

Not sure what I''m going to do today. I may just go sit in the sun under the oak and read a book.
31.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! i pretty much spent the whole weekend sleeping, but the good news is that i''m feeling better. i don''t have the cold kicked quite yet, but i hope i will soon.

i''m not sure if i will go to my zumba class tonight or not, depends on how i''m feeling. i am at work but pretty tired at the moment, so i might just head home and kick back.

marcy, wow, you look great!

kim and rod, feel better!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!!!! It is snowing here, gross!!

So I have fallen off the wagon a bit, I had pizza and french fries Friday night, but jumped on the treadmill after and didn''t see any gain the following day. But last night, I did it again! Pizza, chips, and a cupcake OH WAIT...and 2 chicken fingers that were baked, not fried. I have to say, this only happened because there wasn''t anything else in the house, I THINK hahaha Anyway, I am not going to let this spiral out of control. Seeing the scale this morning, I was not happy. I am back on the band wagon today as I started with oatmeal for breakfast with a teaspoon of sugar and I already did the treadmill for 40 minutes. I find that doing the treadmill in the moring or earlier in the day or evening makes a big difference for me. I find it harded to get on the treadmill at night. As far as food, I think it is important to have your kitchen stocked, even if I don''t have what I am in the mood for, even if it is just an english muffin with butter (which I often eat and really enjoy) I will go off track.
My mom is doing Weight Watchers again, so I am even more excited, we will be doing it together!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
A good Monday to you all! Thanks Rod for the book advice, i''ll absolutely check that out. marcyc you look fantastic! I love before and after pics in general, and it was great to see yours.
1.gif

Soooo...yoga yesterday. We had a sub who was exponentially tougher than the normal teacher. That''d be great if I was in yoga shape, but sadly I am not, and thus my ribcage hurts today, a la "you just got kicked in the ribs how do you feel".
4.gif
I deserve it though.

I''m not really diety, per se; I just try (pathetically) to eat "wellish" during the week and not well at all on weekends. Thus I am not ashamed to state that I ate lobster ravioli and an entire half loaf of bread from Carrabba''s yesterday. Holy crappa is that some good food. So, though I don''t really put on weight, I do feel very weighed down and sluggish today. That''s not to say that I won''t do exactly the same thing next week, though.
9.gif
No shame!

That''s about it. Two dates with Ye Olde Treadmille is what I have planned this week. Will be happier when I don''t completely suck at it.

Lor, are those EYELASHES on your bunny? That''s one cheery rabbit.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again Lorelei for an inspiring opening. I just noticed the eyelashes on your avatar. Cute!

Rod, take in some extra sun and fresh air for me...it was snowing this morning.

Marcy, you look GREAT!!!! Oh, and Restaurant Week can indeed be fattening, but it''s still expensive...so I only went twice. Basically once or twice a year, the fancy restaurants in Manhattan and Brooklyn have an "affordable" pre-fixe menu. The idea is to encourage and enable people to try out the fancy restaurants. Nobu was delicious, but I don''t see why it is worth all the hype. Maybe I didn''t order the right things. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu as well as the regular menu. I had a sashimi salad (seared tuna and baby greens in a soy-ginger-sesame dressing) and assorted sushi. The dessert was a ginger cake with bananas. I must say, the lychee martini was the best lychee martini I''ve EVER had. I treated everyone to some appetizers (monkfish pate and edamame). My coworker treated us to assorted tempura for the appetizer.

FI and I were on a salad kick this weekend. There are so many ways to make a salad fun, nutritious and a full meal. I love salads.

Dreamer-Daschie welcome! Congrats on the weight-loss.

Hi Kimberly, Steph, appletini, shortblonde!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hm, Julianna, we posted around the same time. Hi to you too! Don''t feel guilty about the lobster ravioli and the bread. Sounds delicious.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 12:42:58 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Hm, Julianna, we posted around the same time. Hi to you too! Don't feel guilty about the lobster ravioli and the bread. Sounds delicious.
Hi!
9.gif
It was fantastic! Worth every bite but maybe a little hedonistic or overindulgent, you know? Like, why do I have to eat ALL of the bread just because it's there. But, psychological assessments aside, I'm ok.
2.gif

ETA: Nobu, eh? Glad you ate there and ran your opinion past us, I've always wondered if it was like, mana from heaven or something being cooked in there, because such a big deal is made of it. Now I don't have to wonder anymore. Woot!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Appletini, the dip sounds delish....we made a lower-fat version of spinach artichoke dip last night and it turned out just as well as the higher-fat version

Kimi, yay for losing that pesky pound!

Rod, I will have to check out that Italian place to see if it''s still there....we love Italian and are going to try really hard to find resturants like we have here that are not chains. Hope you feel better!

Shortblonde, hope you feel better too!

Golden, no worries on the food....soundslike you worked it off on the treadmill.

Hi, Julianna and CJ!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class during lunch today--at first I wasn''t wanting to go, but I''m so glad I did...I needed that push. I''m thinking about trying the step class on Wednesday--I need more cardio to melt away my belly but I don''t want to run, so hopefully this is something I''ll like.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hello WWT!! Long time no see
9.gif
Work''s been SUPER busy so I haven''t been around much. But I have stuck to going to the gym at least 3-4 days a week.

I know it''s only been a month of my new workout plan, but how soon did you start seeing results once you starting working out? I''m just getting a ''tiny'' bit frustrated because I didn''t work out at all before and for the whole month of january I went to the gym at least 3 times a week and have kept on track w/ my eating. Yet I don''t see many changes...boo! For reference, I''m doing 30 minutes of cardio on the ellipitical and then alternating my weight workouts. One day arms/upper body, the next lower body. And I''m working SUPER hard at both. I make sure I''m challenging my muscle when doing weights and keeping my heart rate up during cardio.

So since the new year I''ve only lost 1.5 lbs and just a .5 inch on my wast. Which is where I loss weight the easiest. But what gives? I''ve maintained my current weight for a loooooooooong time w/ no exercise, I would think I would see more changes by doing the workouts? Am I being unrealistic?

Hope everyone is having a fantastic monday
4.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Uh Oh, I knew the thread changed weekly, but I may have missed replying to some.''

So, just to make sure I give accolades, YOU GO MARCY!! You should be very proud of your accomplishments! Heck, you''ve given me inspiration....the girl who does not diet, finds happiness in chocolate cheesecake, and despises running.

And Rod Good luck with the lottery! I''ve said the same thing many times (I''m a SAHM), but my problem is, I don''t actually PLAY the lottery. But, I still figure I have just as much right to it as anyone else..
2.gif

Now, to catch up on this week.....

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, just checked the yellow pages and there is a Peppino''s Italian Resturant in Oviedo. Can''t wait to try it out! Thanks for the recommendation!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I''m fairly new to PS (been lurking for a bit) and came across this thread recently and am interested in joining up. I have had weight struggles through the better part of my adult life. About 6-7 years ago, I lost about 80 lbs and succeeded in keeping it off for a few years. But as it often happens, life got in the way, stresses from work, etc. and the weight crept back on. I got back on the wagon about 2.5 years ago with working out regularly and diet and succeeded in losing about 35 lbs. As of late, weight loss progress has slowed down a bit (pretty much flatlined), so I think the extra support and ideas couldn''t hurt
2.gif
You all sound like such a friendly and supportive group of folks!

Lorelei - thanks for a great start to this week''s thread
36.gif

PW

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So, yoga this AM kinda sucked at first. It was plow pose, over and over and over..So, I went OVER. But, after that I was able to remember why I'm working out (yoga). To be centered and take time to enjoy the body God gave me. (chunky as it may be) After doing a backwards somersault, I found pure pleasure in seeing what my body is actually capable of.

Lorelei Thanks for the upbeat start to the thread. You're so right that if we feed our body what it needs, we won't need the crap. It seems so easy, but is often forgotten (at least in my house). Thanks for the reminder.

DD Welcome! I'm new here, too.

Rod I don't know if you take meds for your cold, but have you tried an expectorant? That's always what clears us up. It takes a day of being snotty (increased exponentially by the expectorant), and then the next day we're much better.

shortblonde What's "zumba"?

Golden You're absolutely right about having the pantry stocked. I ate cinnamon rolls, wheat thins, and spaghetti yesterday because that's all we had. (now stocked up on basics..whew!)

Julianna Ha, I just read your post and saw that you used the word "exponentially". I use it all the time (as above) and DH says I'm insane and obviously mathematically centered. (to which I laugh..ha ha..) The plow pose has my ribcage hurting. And, of course I almost suffocated as the girls tried to kill me.

20.gif
I think I eat a lot like you. I don't diet, I kind of watch what I eat, but mostly I watch it from my fork to my mouth! And, I'm good with that.

CrownJewel pretty much the only food I identified in your post was "cake".

PW Welcome to WWT! These guys are very supportive!

HI to all the rest of you!

9.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 5:20:03 PM
Author: somethingshiny
So, yoga this AM kinda sucked at first. It was plow pose, over and over and over..So, I went OVER. But, after that I was able to remember why I'm working out (yoga). To be centered and take time to enjoy the body God gave me. (chunky as it may be) After doing a backwards somersault, I found pure pleasure in seeing what my body is actually capable of.

Julianna Ha, I just read your post and saw that you used the word 'exponentially'. I use it all the time (as above) and DH says I'm insane and obviously mathematically centered. (to which I laugh..ha ha..) The plow pose has my ribcage hurting. And, of course I almost suffocated as the girls tried to kill me.

20.gif
I think I eat a lot like you. I don't diet, I kind of watch what I eat, but mostly I watch it from my fork to my mouth! And, I'm good with that.
9.gif
Yeah plow is fun when you're in it, but not when you're in and then back out then back in and et cetera... mercy! During yoga I guess you're supposed to concentrate on your breathing or what have you, but usually after a while I'm concentrating on breathing AT ALL. You know? 6459 sun salutations later...

As for your DH's assessment of what the constant use of the word "exponentially" might be indicative of, please know that I can barely add short columns of small numbers in my head. Insane, perhaps. Mathematically centered? Newp. Well-read? Perhaps.
4.gif
Hee hee.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 7:01:13 AM
Author:Lorelei
Anyway, I was thinking about something Marcy said when she was buying her cake, that she has had to accept that in order to stay slim, she will have to watch the calories forever. It is so true, this doesn't mean that we can't have a treat now and then, but that overall we have to be vigilant with the calories and to choose quality food for fuel, so that it helps us on this way of life. Eating clean is a good way to do so with eating fresh and non processed foods where possible and good low fat protein. The better we feed our bodies, the less likely it is we will crave junk.

So once we come to an acceptance of this fact, that we have to keep an eye on what we eat, the easier it becomes.
Lorelei, I sooooo agree w/the above. I think the the less junk we eat the less we crave. Just my 2 cents, I know people can eat a small bite of donut, etc but I can't and for me I know that the less donuts (etc) I eat the less I crave. Plus nutrient dense foods are so good for us
3.gif
Thanks for the opening
1.gif

Steph, yay for the new house and the run.

Welcome, Patiently Waiting!!

Marcy, sweetie, you are kicking butt and lookin great!
3.gif

Apple, thanks for the recipe. i love to buy the extra extra sharp cheddar and use a tiny bit, thanks!

Kimberly, hope you are feeling better and have fun w/the kiddos! Glad you are getting rain!

Welcome Dreamer, You can do it; we will cheer you on!

Rod, hope you feel better soon sweetie and enjoy that wonderful weather! Have a wonderful sushi evening and sending job finding dust your way!
1.gif

Shorteblonde, hope you feel better and make it to zumba!

Golden, yay for the walk!

Julianna, hey darling; yay for dates w/the treddie
3.gif
Go girl go!

CrownJ, glad you are back! Yum salads, crunch! hehe My company was out in Vegas and a bunch of the staff were taken to Nobu by the higher ups and they went and ate at In N Out after because they were still hungry; I heard it was good but quite pricey! These guys are burger guys anyway so it is good to hear your thoughts.

Cdt, yay for coming back. Yay for losing 1.5 lbs!

SS, hey ya dear! Wow, great job on the yoga!!!! Kudos lady!

Today I have a tummy ache so I am staying in and it turns out to be a good thing because it started snowing hard and was cold earlier. I met some friends for lunch today at Pei Wei which was fun. i looked online before hand and found the nutritional info and picked a low cal item and put half of it in a to go container, whooo hooo me.
2.gif
Don't you love the places that post the nutritional info, kudos to those restaurants, it helps to make better choices!
9.gif
Our barbecue chicken was yummy yesterday and we will be eating leftovers tonight. I wonder if this snow will stick (pst, Rod and others who are having fab weather, send over the sunshine and rain instead)??? hehee Have a wonderful workout and evening! All the people who are under the weather, I hope you feel better soon
12.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon WWTers!

Welcome to you too, Patiently Waiting. I lost 80+ lbs 6 years ago, so you have someone who has been where you are here.

CDT, sometimes it takes our bodies a while to respond. I know that was the case with Mara for a while. Just be patient and keep it up.

Somethingshiny, glad you found the good in yoga, this morning; and hooray for the backwards summersault.

Golden, don''t punish yourself, just take each day as it comes.

CJ, we visit NYC at least once a year and I''ve been curious about Nobu, but not enough to try it (I am not a seafood fan, but DH is). Thanks for the review.

Julianna, I''m a total bread fiend, I could eat 1/2 a loaf too. Glad you enjoyed it. Your philosophy about eating runs is in the same vein as most of us here: 90% good/20% not so good and keeping that body moving. It''s not about a diet, it''s about living a healthy life, with lots of treats thrown in, because what''s the point if we can''t enjoy the bad stuff sometimes?

So I''m going to rest a bit, 1st graders give me headaches, or at least these first graders did. It was a great day, just loud and I''m still fighting this stupid cold off.

We''re having pork tenderloin and artichoke for dinner. YUM! J is cooking.

Have a great rest of the day all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I take back wanting the snow to be gone.hehee It is so purdy and it is sticking; it looks like a magical wonderland
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif
wiz1.gif
Breaking out the fatfree sugar free cocoa.
2.gif
I will try and take a picture for fun later
1.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Skippers: Thanks for the kind words. Everyone needs treddy encouragement! Sorry about the tummy, not so sorry about the snow.
2.gif
As for me, if I never see another flake I will live happily! Is it June yet? Is it nearly June? Coommme oooon Juuuunne.
9.gif

KimH: I am happy to know that there is at least one more bread fiend out there.
19.gif
Well said, too, about the keep it moving/do your best/have some treats.
5.gif
It''s been working thus far. Hope your cold gets better too.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
May I join in? I gained quite a bit of wait during college then managed to lose 60+ pounds right after graduation. I promised myself I wouldn''t get back to that point, but now 6 years later I''ve put back on about 40 of those pounds.
14.gif
I look awful and feel even worse. What is so bad is that I *know* how to eat and be healthy, but I''ve had a really hard time reconciling cooking healthy meals with my boyfriend''s love of all things cheese, cream sauces, and heavy meals.

I''ve been considering joining Weight Watchers again, as that is how I lost all of my weight the first time around, but so far I haven''t been able to bring myself to go.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome, EricaR!!!! I do weight watchers too!
35.gif
The WWT is a great support group!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 2:53:41 PM
Author: cdt1101

So since the new year I've only lost 1.5 lbs and just a .5 inch on my wast. Which is where I loss weight the easiest. But what gives? I've maintained my current weight for a loooooooooong time w/ no exercise, I would think I would see more changes by doing the workouts? Am I being unrealistic?
Hey cdt1101 congrats on all the working out and on losing weight! I had some thoughts for you when I read your post... I am no expert, not by a mile, but I found that for me the key to losing weight is always what I am eating. I can excercise like crazy, but if my eating isn't totally on track, then I lose nothing. Heck, I ran a 10k run at my heaviest weight! That's not to say excercise isn't essential, it totally is essential, if for no other reason than feeling good and not feeling guilty
2.gif
But for actually losing pounds I found my food had to be on track. And that doesn't always just mean eating less. I saw a nutritionst a few years ago when I lost a lot of weight, and the two biggest changes to my diet that helped me really drop pounds fast were 1) eating a morning snack and an afternoon snack that combined a protein, and carb, and a fruit or veg (e.g., chocolate milk & a banana, or half a peanut butter sandwich & an apple), that way I was eating every 3 - 4 hours without fail, and 2) increasing the fiber in my diet to at least 25 - 30g a day. Careful increasing it to that level or you will have problemos in the tummy
23.gif
. Both of these tricks help keep blood sugar stable, stave of extreme hunger, and keep energy up. These are the tricks that I have recently started doing again and have seen good results. It seems counterintuitive to eat more often, but in the end it keeps you from eating too much because you feel satisfied!

Sorry if you already knew that, but I thought I would share it because I have found those tips to really work well!

Had to add marcyc holy cowabunga!! Amazing transformation, you must feel like a totally different person! Good for you!

I didn't go to the gym tonight because it was my girls night dinner, but I did have a good eating day! At lunch, I really really wanted to buy a tea biscuit with cheese to go with my yummy home made miso soup (carrots, tofu, bok choy, soba noodles... YUM
18.gif
), but I didn't buy it! Yeah! And then after dinner I wanted something sweet soooooo badly, but I waited and the craving passed... double yeah!!

Tomorrow is gym night, gonna kick some tushy!

35.gif
DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results