shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 4th Feb till 10th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, I had a super long post to each of you (isn't that how it always works and my control c didn't work for the copy and lost my post) grrr.
29.gif
So this will be short.

Kimi, have a safe trip and glad you you had a healing trip w/family. Mara, funny about all the variations on squat info, zumba, fun!s Rod, thinking about you and glad you and Charlie are doing a bit better, hug. Thanks for the info. Marcy, glad you have lots of new tops, on sale even better! Linda, you can do it, you did great already! LadyPirate, yay for strength training and sending good job finding vibes. PHX, fun about car shopping! Steph, how exciting you will be in your house soon.

Have a great day all, I will be going to my cousins baby shower. The weather is wonderful out here and starting to feel a bit like spring; hope everyone is well! Have a great rest of the weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great weekend. I was so hopeful the weather would be decent today but the wind made our 40’s feel like 20’s. Aak. Oh well, it was still warmer than it has been.
I walked on the TM today. I am noticing a little more aches and pains than normal in my knees and feet but nothing too bad so I am sticking with my plan. It is turning out to be 22 minutes as I walk until I’ve burned 100 calories. Not a speed record but still better than nothing.
I forgot to tell you me 2 stories from yesterday. When we were at the mall I stopped to unzip my coat so I was behind my husband about 5 feet and I saw a friend of mine who kind of looked at me funny then said hi to my husband. I said hi to her and she freaked out – she had no idea it was me. She said she was sure checking out who my husband was with though. Too funny. She kind of pulled my coat open and said “Holy Cow”. Last night when we had some ice cream at DQ I stood up a few times to throw things away and I was able to get out of the booth facing forward – I used to struggle to get in and out of the booths there sideways. Cool!
Ladypirate, I always use 2% cheese in our food. I picked up some Uncle Ben’s chicken rice so will probably make that with our leftover chicken but I will definitely keep your idea in mind. It sounds great. Yay for walking in the nice weather today. I walked as quickly as I could between my car and the stores – other than that I didn’t want to be outside.
Kimi, I am glad you had such a nice time with your parents and your sister but sorry you had to get together for such a sad reason. It sounds like you have some big plans coming up – have fun in NYC and then getting to spend time with your nephew. That will be really fun.
Hi Amber, good luck on working towards your PhD.
Skippy, rats to loosing your long post. I type mine up in word and copy it from there – that has worked for me so far anyway. I hope you had fun at the baby shower. Yay for having nice weather. Please send it my way.
Well, have a great evening. Sweet Dreams.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Sunday Evening All,

Hope you''re all winding down the week in a nice way.

We went on a great, long walk today, ran a bunch of errands and are going to go out to dinner at a Wine Bistro that we enjoyed once before.

See ya in next week''s thread.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good evening, WWTers!

Kris and I went for a lovely hike this morning with a friend of ours up in the foothills. It was gorgeous! About 75 degrees and sunny. We hiked up a creek and did a little bit of rock climbing (well, I did a bit of rock climbing--not really Kris'' thing!) I''ll tell you, though, despite it being warm the water was COLD COLD COLD! One of the short climbs is out of chest deep water and the temperature was good incentive to climb quickly!

Afterwards we splurged a bit and went for brunch--I figured we deserved it after hiking and climbing for 2+ hours! This afternoon we played some Halflife and then worked for a couple of hours (I''m doing some free-lance marketing work for a start-up in town while I''m looking for work). We''re just getting ready to go to dinner at our friends'' house--she''s a caterer, so I''m definitely looking forward to it!

Marcy, that''s so funny that your friend didn''t recognize you! Enjoy your chicken and rice.

Kimberly, I''m sorry again about your cousin''s wife, but it sounds like it was a great opportunity to see your family.

Skippy, I hope you enjoyed your cousin''s baby shower!

See you all on the new thread!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everone........

We had a nice regular Sunday. We wound up having breakfast twice, but it was kind of fun. Our first breakfast was our normal coffee, scone and fresh fruit on the terrace. They had the Gasparilla Distance Classic Race this morning. It''s a full and half marathon and the they shut Bayshore Boulevard down for the morning. It was amazing to see thousands of runners in front of our home. And the weather was just stunning for a race too. Charlie had read about a new place that opened near our home and thought it might be nice to try something different from Panera. So we went there and it was plainly obvious this was a breakfast place, so we had breakfast food, which we rarely eat, so it was kind of fun. Charlie had oatmeal panckakes and I had what they call the Amazing Breakfast Sandwhich with homefries. It was really good, but a bit rich for me and gave me a slight upset tummy. Still, I enjoyed it. Then we sat under the oak and had coffee, then hit the gym for a good 2.5 hour workout. We fixed a nice salad for dinner and took a brisk 3 mile walk along Bayshore and watched the sun set over the city of Tampa. I''m actually a bit sore after doing a full workout, including our usual intense 35 minutes on the elliptical, followed by a brisk 3 mile walk. I can definitely feel it in my legs.

I need to stop crying in my milk. I have no control over the events that have fallen on us and I''m tired of letting them rule my life. So, I''m going to keep up the job search, but also try to enjoy myself a bit along the way. Anyway, that''s what I''m going to try to do.........

Amber, thank you for your kind thoughts and what you wrote was very touching. I read it to Charlie and while it brought a few tears to his eyes for Koh, he asked me to let you know how nice your sentiments were. I hope everything is going well with your PhD........

Skippy, it''s so frustrating when you lose a long post. I hope you had a great time at the shower!!

Kimberly, I''m glad you got to spend some quality time with your family and you enjoyed it.

Thanks ladypirate! Your hike sounded like a lot of fun, btw.

Marcy sorry the 40s felt like the 20s.......brrrrrrrrrr. How cool that your friend didn''t have a clue it was you with your Hubby!! I had a similar experience not too long ago when we ran into former next door neighbors and they of course recognized Charlie, but looked at me like Charlie was with somoeone else and I loved every second of it. So, I know it had to make you feel so good!

We''re spending lot''s of extra time with Sakai. If you recall, she''s the one who got so depressed last year at being uprooted from her sunny home in Tampa and quit eating and almost died. She''s not really good with change, so we''re doing everything we can to show all the love and affection we can. And we''re really making sure she''s eating and drinking, which she seems to be doing.

I guess that''s about all I have to babble on about. I''ll see you all in next week''s thread. Maybe Rod will be able to get through a week without needing any sympathy. Wouldn''t that be nice!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I’ve spent a few hours working on our taxes and trying to figure out a formula in Excel. Both are stumping me pretty good. The online Turbo Tax seems to have a problem with figuring HSA but I don’t think we owe too much this year. Woo hoo for that. Then I noticed my grade sheet has lost the ability to determine a letter grade based on %. I downloaded a template but it doesn’t seem to work either. Rats. Oh well, I’ll work on them later.
Kimi, yay for having a nice long walk and going out for dinner. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday.
Ladypirate, your hike sounds fun and sorry to hear you were cold. I FEEL your pain. I am sure dinner at your friend’s house was divine. That was pretty funny the chilly look I got from my friend – she was probably ready to grill my DH about where I was.
Rod, yay for having 2 breakfasts today. I like BF for supper sometimes. Good plan to enjoy yourself even while you are looking for a job. Life is way to short to not have some fun along the way. It is cool to have people not recognize us – and too funny we know people are keeping an eye what our guys are doing. I am about sick of this cold and windy weather. I am sure Sakai is appreciating all the attention from you and Charlie – it probably helps all 3 of you spend some nice time together. I am glad to hear she is eating okay.

I’ll see everyone in next week’s thread.
Marcy

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rod - I''m so glad that Charlie enjoyed what I wrote (although I feel bad it made him teary) - I really am wishing you both the best under some very difficult circumstances. I''ve already warned my DH that when our kitties start passing (we have 3 - two are 4 years old and one is about 1.5), I''m going to be a nervous, heartbroken wreck. So with everything else going on for you two my heart really aches to hear about this loss on top of everything and I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking good thoughts and offer whatever comfort is possible over the internet.

p.s. PhD is going well - I''m just insanely busy and so even though I''ve been keeping up with my weight loss and healthy eating I''ve not been able to commit to posting regularly. But keep an eye out for a thread asking for fairy dust sometime in the near future for an important thesis committee meeting that should help determine when I can graduate
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results