shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 4th Feb till 10th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Julianna We make one whole Yogi?? YAY for us!! Except, I gotta tell ya, if I''m the crane half, we''re gonna have to take an incomplete for that...But, if you''re plowing, I''M IN!! It''s funny that you stay in plow because it''s neutral. I stay in downdog because it''s natural (or just forward fold with hands on the floor and elbows bent). Hmm...admitting downdog is natural...that could come back to haunt me....

Rod Good Luck on your interview. And hopefully good news for you kitty. *fingers crossed and a bucket of fairy dust launched* Oh, and one pizza in a year? You''ve got willpower to spare! And, as far as the unemployment, it''s no big deal. You earned it, that''s why you can have it.

Mara layovers suck. Sounds like you stayed pretty well on track on your vacation, good job!

Skippy Great workout! I don''t even know what some of those things are, but they sound difficult, especially the "kicking" portion.

DD Good job on your workout, Skinny! I''m with you on the Mexican food. mmm mmm good!

Kimi I just do yoga from my living room, there seems to be several TV programs with yoga. I would love the guidance of a teacher, but I don''t have money for a gym membership. My condolences to you and your family. Hope you feel better soon. {{hugs}}

TanDogMom Lovely avatar! And, YAY for meeting new people!

Have a great tomorrow!

21.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great day.
Lorelei, Noddy must be very cute and awesome! I am sure you spoil him rotten. Too funny about your pantsercises and your drill sergeant. Sounds like my husband. I did walk on my TM again tonight.
Appletini, woo hoo for getting a new PT partner. Have fun. I hope you don’t get sick and start to feel better.
PW, I am happy to hear this week is going better for you. Yay for hitting the gym hard this week.
Skippy, that’s a very pretty picture of the snow in your backyard. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed a nice walk in the snow last night. It seems like all my pants are pretty baggy so the ones I recently bought that fit seem tight. Oh well, hopefully they’ll fit loose sometime soon. Yay for a great muscle hour tonight.
Ladypirate, your trip to LA sounds fun and your dinner sounds yummy.
Somethingshiny, humor is very important in life. I am very easily amused and easily entertained. Yay for seeing your ribs, I can’t say I can see them on me but I can feel them these days.
Rod, good luck on your job interview tomorrow. That is awesome you have another interview next week. I am sending many good luck wishes your way. Yippee for enjoying some wonderful pizza tonight. I am sorry to hear about your kitty; good luck at the vet with her.
Mara, it sounds like you had quite a trip. Yay for eating what you want and getting home to have your clothes still fit. Life is wonderful.
Julianna, yay for loving yoga. I need to make sure I do my breathing right as I am not sure that I do.
Steph, I am sure you’ll be very busy getting ready for your move. That’s got to be burning lots of calories!
DD, yay for a great workout at the gym. Have fun on your trip and enjoy some mexican food.
Kimi, sorry to hear about your cousin’s wife. Good luck with the issues at the care facility where your grandmother is living. I hope your headache goes away.
TanDogMom, good job having a great workout tonight. It’s funny how gyms have a different personality.
Sweet dreams and have a great Wednesday!
Marcy

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening, WWTers! I don''t think I have time to follow up on my promise to respond to everyone''s posts, as I''m about to head to bed, but I read them all and everyone sounds like they''re doing great!

Today I did three important things--I applied for a few jobs, I voted in our primary, and I joined SparkPeople! I''m hoping that it will really help me track what I eat everyday. Today I was bad and had half a giant quesadilla for lunch, but I had salad for dinner, so I''m hoping it made up for it a bit.

OK, I''m going to go log my food today and then sleep--sweet dreams, everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, best of luck for your interview and I will be praying as hard as I can for your baby.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wednesdy Weigh In Day: 175.4 so I''m minus 145 pounds and the WW BMI puts me at 30 and said I was overweight. The sparkpeople BMI put me at 30.1 and siad I was obese so once I get another .5 pounds off I will be just overweight on both calculators. Yeah!

Ladypirate, yay for the 3 important things you did yesterday. SP is great. Good luck on your job hunt.

Rod, I am thinking of you today - best wishes and good luck on your job interview.

Monnie, I hope you are having good luck with your job search.

Laters, I''m going to skinny off to work now. Ha Ha.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! Just hopping in (like Lorelei's bunny) to say that I'm reading your posts, but have been crazy at work. I was working on a project until 10PM last night, so I didn't get to the gym! DARN! Hopefully I'll make it to a class or at least the elliptical tonight. I better because (confession time)...I ate a chocolate croissant this morning for breakfast. YUM!

Mara, glad to have you back. How did the surprise go?

Rod, good luck with the interview. I hope it turns out to be something you're interested in!

Marcy, congrats on your new accomplishment! May that 0.5 pound melt off quickly. :)

Skips, I wish I could go to muscle hour with you. I definitely need it.

Lorelei, how many times a week are you doing weights? It's exciting that your hubby can notice!

Julianna and somethingshiny, "Namaste!!" Have you guys ever tried Bryan Kest's Power Yoga DVD? For those masochists who like to discover muscles that you thought you never had before, his yoga workouts are awesome. He's totally stuck in the 80's, but that's ok, because sometimes I am too. I'm always sweating by the end of his workouts. I need to get myself to a yoga class. All your talk of down dogs is making me miss it.

I know I'm forgetting a ton of people, but I gotta run. Will try to post more later.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 5:20:03 PM
Author: somethingshiny

CrownJewel pretty much the only food I identified in your post was ''cake''.
Haha...SS, you cracked me up!!!

By the way, hi Patiently Waiting and EricaR and welcome.

Steph, I want to know more about that spinach and artichoke dip. Did I miss your recipe?

Appletini, glad to hear you have a new workout partner and trainer. That''s exciting!

Kimberly, I''m sorry to hear about your cousin''s wife. I hope you are feeling better and that the cold is gone gone GONE!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi wwt! i have been taking it easy the past few days, trying to get over this cold. fortunately it''s almost gone. i was too tired to go to zumba on monday (ss, zumba is a workout class inspired by latin dance), but i did make it to the gym to use the elliptical last night. it felt good to exercise after several days off. today i need to walk my friend''s dog after work (since she is out of town) and then i will bike at home.

food today: half a panera bagel with a little cream cheese at a meeting this morning, black bean soup and an apple for lunch, and tofu sloppy joes with alexia fries and steamed broccoli for dinner. probably hot cocoa for dessert.

rod, good luck with your interview.

marcy, congrats on being overweight! too funny...

crown, my cousin loves the brian kest yoga videos and makes me do them with her everytime we are together! i am usually laughing too hard to do most of the moves.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All,

My job was cancelled so I get to stay home today. I think I''ll read my book, run some errands, exercise, etc.

Thanks for all of your kind words about my cousin''s wife. I feel so sad for her daughters, who are 25 and 29.

Have a day, I''ll check back in after I exercise.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ I am doing weights 3 times a week and I think now I have almost done 3 weeks, that my body is starting to change, but my right arm is SOLID I can definitely feel the bicep developing!!!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!
35.gif
It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in PA - nearly 65 degrees. Feels like spring. I had a great workout last night - did a 20 minute power walk over lunch and 40 minutes on the elliptical, then followed it up with weight training on my shoulders, back, and chest. I am so happy to be part of such a great group - everyone is so supportive! Have a great day!
emotion-19.gif

Skippy123 - Glad to hear you''re feeling better - LOVE the snowy photo!
ladypirate - I just have to say "YUM" to your marscapone ravioli :)
appletini - Yeah for 30 minute elliptical workouts! Hope you are feeling better.
somethingshiny - I agree with humor being a great motivator. Yoga really seems to be working for you (and Juliana). I just might give it a try!
Lorelei - My first thoughts "mmm....bread"
2.gif
Yeah for weight training and toning up! I am doing more of that lately myself and can''t wait to see the results.
Rod - Good luck with the interview! And thanks for the encouragement!
Mara - Welcome back - and good job with jumping back into the routine.
Juliana - Yeah for yoga! I did try pilates once and I liked it - I want to get back to including it as part of my workout routine. I know I need to build up my arm strength a bit too, so I''ve been focusing a lot on upper body weights w/my cardio this week.
steph72276 - Good luck with the move!
dreamer dachsie - Yeah for tough tushie workouts! Enjoy the conference!
KimberlyH - Hope you are feeling better!
TanDogMom - Yeah for running & weight training! Great job!
marcyc - Yeah for being overweight
36.gif
You''ve made such excellent progress - congratulations to you!! I can''t wait to make it out of the "obese" category myself - must be patient
38.gif

CrownJewel - I''m sure you''ll make it to the gym tonight. I hate it when work gets in the way of my workouts
7.gif
And thanks for the welcome!
shortblonde - Hope you feel better soon - there''s a lot going around lately.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to pop in to say hello.

Marcy, I am soooooooooooooooooooo proud of you. Just look at all of the weight you have lost. I saw your pictures on last weeks thread. What an accomplishment you have made. You should be SO Proud of yourself, I know we are!!!!

You will be at your goal weight in no time at all. You should submit your story to a Woman''s Magazine, you are an inspiration for all women out there!!!!

Rod: I hope your interview goes well to day.

Hi Everyone
35.gif

Linda

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 10:42:39 AM
Author: CrownJewel
Date: 2/4/2008 5:20:03 PM

Author: somethingshiny

CrownJewel pretty much the only food I identified in your post was ''cake''.

Haha...SS, you cracked me up!!!

By the way, hi Patiently Waiting and EricaR and welcome.

Steph, I want to know more about that spinach and artichoke dip. Did I miss your recipe?

Appletini, glad to hear you have a new workout partner and trainer. That''s exciting!

Kimberly, I''m sorry to hear about your cousin''s wife. I hope you are feeling better and that the cold is gone gone GONE!

Hey, CJ. This is the recipe I used and just adapted it to make it lower in fat/cals. although I don''t have the nutrition info on the lower fat version. I just used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese and also added in a squeeze of lf mayo to make it really creamy. My hubby and son LOVED it and didn''t notice that it was lf. Oh, and a side note...you might want to use less red pepper flakes if you don''t like things quite as spicy. I usually use 1/4 of a tsp. instead of 1/2. I served it with baked Tostitos. Hope you like it!

Olive Garden Artichoke Spinach Dip

1/2 cup frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash ground pepper
crackers, tortilla chips or sliced bread

Simmer the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat, until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander when done. Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave set on high for 1 minute. Or, use a saucepan to heat the cheese over medium heat just until hot. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the cream cheese and stir well. Stir in the Parmesan, pepper flakes, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper, combining well. Serve hot with crackers or toasted bread for dipping.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I sooo know what you mean about being excited about the new category on the BMI scale. I was super excited when I went from overweight to normal/healthy. I can still remember thinking, okay only another 1/2 lb and I will be in the healthy range! Woohoo to you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!

marcy yay for overweight...soon you will be in normal/healthy!! you rock.
rod hope your interview is going/went well.
CJ the surprise was good but because we were so delayed the wife had to modify the ''plan'' for surprise so it was still a surprise but not as much of one...because he was suspicious at all the plans changing and he said he noticed his wife cleaning the house like a crazy person for like a week ahead of time...and he was like ummm what''s going on. and then of course after WE surprised him, he was all totally suspcious so when the next person came to ''surprise'' him at the door, he was like ''hmm what''s going on''...but he loved the whole thing and the guys had a great time (3 people flew out to see him so it was a big boys weekend thing!).
lorelei how do you like your new weights routine? i def have seen such a diff in my sculpting of my shoulders especially, since my trainers helped me out. one of my good friends just signed up with my trainer facility as well and is going to take zumba with me on saturdays. should be fun.
ROD...YAY for pizza...i am so proud of you!!! i knew you could do it. and it''s a great idea to get a pizza at a restaurant or something where it''s just plate sized so you can eat the whole thing and not worry about portioning at all! we also sometimes go and get a ''slice'' for lunch at places, so that way you also just have a slice and you can''t eat the whole pizza even though it''s so tasty hehe.

so i''ve been on conference calls since 7am this morning. i managed to shower and eat breakkie in between then i will go into the office soon, getting donuts on the way in (there was practically a riot yesterday when i didn''t bring them in!). breakkie was egg whites and 1/2 english muffin as typical. plan to have a donut today, maybe 1.5 hehee. lunch is probably going to be TJ''s lentil soup or something similar...as i am getting in late. snacks are clementines and protein wafer. working out at the gym tonite at work as well...plan to do 2-3 miles in run/walk combo. my running is getting so much better, i am very proud of myself..i used to be a horrible runner and now i am definitely getting better about running more and walking less even though i only do it about 1x a week.

i am very happy overall that i seem to be maintaining pretty well. i only get on the scale maybe once a week...it fluctuates anwywhere within a 3 lb range up and down. but my clothes fit great, i look good, so i am pretty happy. and i am able to indulge the way i want to without having to be so strict to just stay like 5 lbs lower or whatever, it''s not worth what i''d have to give up!

anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying a fab day. it''s wed...YAY. one good thing about travel delays is that we only have a 4 day week so it''s closer to wkd hehee.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Still feeling a little "off" today, but took airborne 3x yesterday and 2x so far today. I got in 30 minutes on the elliptical during lunch.

Steph, I love spinach artichoke dip...so yummy!

Rod, I can''t wait to hear about the interview today!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing exciting to report. Hubby's birthday is tomorrow
emotion-19.gif
so I did a little shopping but our trip is his 40th present. I am not suppose to eat meat today so I bought sushi for dinner. I won't be working out today. There is still snow all around in my part of town but I had to go to the westside across the river and there is no snow, kind of funny. Have a great day all!
1.gif

Rod, how was your interview? thinking about you today and sending good vibes! Hope you all are feeling better, enjoy the weather!

Marcy, yay for doing so awesome skinny minnie!

SomethingS, hehe you can do tricep kickbacks, they aren't hard. They work your triceps and I love doing them because our arms get jiggly so it helps. hehee

LadyP, great on tracking your food, it helps keep me in line. hehe

CrownJewel, come on out; I would love ya to do muscle hr w/me
1.gif
My friend voted yesterday so she missed muscle hour because I guess my state is so disorganized and she was next to vote when they ran out of ballots. She had to wait 1 hr for them to find more ballots! Hope you make it to the gym tonight.

SB, great for going to the gym; have fun w/the dog!

Kimi, enjoy your day off. I am sorry about your cousin's wife and her family and you.

Patiently, ahhh, I want 65 degree weather, enjoy it! Yay for a great workout!

Steph, happy moving to your new house!

Hey Linda & Lorelei!

Mara, I was at TJ's today and thought of you when I saw the english muffins. hehe i will try them next time. Glad you found your happy weight, kudos!

Apple, hope you get better soon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy snowy Wednesday all!

I made it to the gym today for the first time since last Friday and did my usual 65 mins on the elliptical. Even though it''s only a couple hundred feet from my front door to the gym it was just crazy getting there and back in this blizzard. When I finally came home I was like, great, I''m going to go take a shower and hunker down for the rest of the day... and then I got a showing request. For 4:00. Today. !!! Oh well, if they''re out looking today they are serious with a capital S so I will definitely be there!

Nothing too exciting to report on the food front. I''ve been kinda good and kinda bad but the scale is not beating me up too badly so I''m OK with it. Tomorrow night we go to a tappas place for our mystery dining program so all bets are all of though.

Gotta hop--have about 25 appointments to make for this weekend and I don''t want to wait to long or all the other agent''s schedules fill up.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin. My interview''s not for another two hours. Then, I''ll go directly from the interview to the gym. Thanks for all the good wishes. I need to try to get psyched for this, but am having difficulty mustering entusiasm at the moment. I''ll check in tonight after the gym.

Kimberly, I''m sorry about your cousins wife. My thoughts and prayers are the family.

Thanks for the congrats on eating a Pizza Mara. I just HAAAD to do it.........LOL

I''ll see you all later........

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, just wanted to jump in and say...YAY for you for eating pizza. I hope you can allow yourself to splurge every now and then. good luck on your interview today too...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I had a great workout today. I did the whole thing without getting off-balance. Which is a big deal for me!

NAMASTE, CJ!

well, I gotta run. (not literally of course!) The weather here is really bad and I just wanted to check in before we lost electricity. Most of the surrounding towns are shut down. Regular stores are closed, factories are closed (except DH''s), and even Ash Wed. Services are cancelled throughout our area.

There''s nothing like a good ol'' blizzard!

Happy workout to all, and to all a good night!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm just really frustrated with this illness. The fatigue I've had since Saturday is worse than any of the other strep/sinus infection/staph symptoms I've had in the last month. I'm ok when I wake up--maybe a 6 or 7 if 10 if feeling my best and 8 is how I usually feel--but then by noon I plummet down to 2 or 3. I am exhausted, but napping or resting doesn't make me feel any better. Wah!!!

And then, on the way to work this morning some idiot crossed the two-lane street (I guess you would call it a four-lane street? two lanes on either side of a median, so you cross to the middle and then look to cross again) I was driving down without looking, and I couldn't avoid hitting him. I honked and slammed on the brakes, and he turned and saw me with this surprised look on his face. It wasn't major--my airbags didn't deploy and the only damage (to my car, his was worse) was that my license plate was torn off--but I really was not up for anything of the sort. The guy called his prepubescent girlfriend and told her it was my fault, so she showed up before the cops and proceeded to yell at me. He pointed to my skid marks as evidence that I was at fault (I confess! I braked! You caught me!), but the cop gave him a ticket for failure to yield. She advised me to show up to his court hearing because she thought he would try to fight it and I'm the only witness. And it's Wednesday three weeks from now, which is the day of work I've missed over and over due to my illness (I guess I start the week out strong, then realize I don't have 3 more days in me). Luckily my classes are all really good and will at least do their work when I'm gone, but I so rarely miss that it's frustrating.

The worst part was the way they were yelling at me. He's 34 from the accident report, but was dressed like a college-aged stoner. Not surprisingly, I googled his name, only to find him posting on a forum looking for people to smoke weed with him and claiming to be 24 (but his AIM name ended in 73, his year of birth). His girlfriend appeared to be about 20. And get this, she accused me of making her late to work! And when the cop told him that the street had to be clear for him to cross, he said, "But I almost made it across!" Yes, this leads us back to the skid marks . . . the accident was only as minimal as it was because I braked. If I hadn't braked, it would have been really bad. He wouldn't have "almost" made it. [Insert sounds of the dad in A Christmas Story cursing here]

So anyway, back to the fatigue. Yes, I need to get bloodwork done. But I don't have the energy to make sub plans or make doctor's appointments or drop my car off or call my insurance company. I really don't. And DH sort of understands, but sort of doesn't. He'll say I've got to go to the doctor one minute, then complain that we haven't done anything fun together in a while. Sometimes I am too tired even to surf the web or watch tv and just need to lie in silence. I don't fall asleep (because while I am exhausted, I'm not tired, if that makes sense), but I can't really do anything. I'm the tough it out in silence kind of gal, so I guess he's the only person I've been dumping my problems on. Today I told the gals at lunch and my parents and sister how tired I am, so I think that will help me put less emotional pressure on him (which is good since he is lined up to get the car and doctor's appointment taken care of!).

My theories thus far are:
mono which has been concurrent with the strep, etc., but now is the only thing left and is therefore more noticeable
something antibiotic-induced (since the fatigue set in when the antibiotics were finished, and they made me dizzy and crave sugar), like anemia or hypoglycemia
33.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check in--I spent most of the day deep cleaning and applying to more jobs. I don''t understand how so much dust accumulates so quickly!

Rod, I hope your interview went well today!

Kimberly, I''m so sorry about your cousin''s wife. I hope you get the issue with your grandmother''s care facility resolved.

Skippy, happy bithday to your hubby!

Phoenix, I''m so sorry about your accident. I had something similar happen to me about 3 months ago. Luckily I didn''t hit the guy, but it was within about 6 inches after slamming on my brakes so hard that there was smoke coming from my tires. It sounds like the guy you hit was an idiot--I''m sure he won''t win, even if he does contest. I hope you figure out what''s making you sick soon.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Namaste Crown and ss! (And kimH and Skippers and marcyc and Patiently!!)

Of course, since it is nearing the big V day, things are insane here and I barely have a moment to post!
32.gif
But this will not deter me from the Treddy of Doom tomorrow morning. ONWARD AND UPWARD!! or something!!! A good night to you all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening All!

Thank you CJ, Rod, PW, Skip, and ladypirate for all your kind thoughts. My grandmother is being moved and my cousin and his children are beginning to plan the funeral. I''m hoping it''s Monday so I can attend.

Had a good day, spent a lot of it reading. Had a good workout, returned to my book and made chicky potpies for dinner, they''re in the oven now, yum yum.

Skip, did you enjoy Eastern Promises? J and I watched it and it was so violent it made my stomach turn.

Have a great evening all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 9:06:09 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Good Evening All!

Thank you CJ, Rod, PW, Skip, and ladypirate for all your kind thoughts. My grandmother is being moved and my cousin and his children are beginning to plan the funeral. I'm hoping it's Monday so I can attend.

Had a good day, spent a lot of it reading. Had a good workout, returned to my book and made chicky potpies for dinner, they're in the oven now, yum yum.

Skip, did you enjoy Eastern Promises? J and I watched it and it was so violent it made my stomach turn.

Have a great evening all.
Kimi, I rented it and got maybe 45 mins into it and after 2 heads being whacked off I had to stop.
14.gif
I thought I can't watch this!?!?!? It might have been good but it was making me ill, oh well. Glad you got a good workout! Hope the funeral is Monday.
12.gif

Hello Lady Pirate (hope you find work soon), Julianna (don't work too hard) and SomethingShiny!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I must admit I walked around with a pretty big grin on my face today and shared my good news with a few friends.
CJ, I hope you have time for the elliptical tonight. The chocolate croissant sounds divine. Thanks for the congrats, I hope the other .5 melts off quickly too so there is not doubt where my BMI falls.
Shortblonde, I am glad you are feeling better. I am sure it felt good to get in some exercise after taking it easy for a few days. Thank you for the congratulations.
Kimi, I am glad to hear you were able to spend some quality time enjoying a good book today. That is good news they are moving your grandmother. My heart goes out to your cousin and his daughters. Your chicken pot pies sound great.
Lorelei, yay for feeling the bicep developing. Woo hoo! Those pantercises are paying off.
36.gif

PW, your weather sounds great in PA. You really put in some great workouts today. Yay. Thanks for the kind words about my progress. Considering I started with a BMI of about 57 I think 30 is awesome. No worries you’ll make it there too.
Linda, thank you for the nice compliment about all the weight I’ve lost. I appreciate you saying you are so proud of me. I do think about writing a story – maybe you will see me in a magazine some day.
Steph, I am glad to hear you completely understand how exciting it is to go from one category to the next. Yay for you being in the healthy category. I will get there some day.
Mara, thank you for saying I rock. I appreciate it. I am glad to hear your friend was somewhat surprised. It’s hard to hide things sometimes. Too funny there was almost a riot at work when you didn’t show up with donuts. I am glad you are looking and feeling great. You’ve really do a great job of maintenance.
Appletini, I hope the airborne helps. Get better soon.
Skippy, tell your hubby Happy Birthday for me. The trip sounds like a great gift for him. That’s sweet of you to call me skinny minnie. Tee hee.
DeeJay, yay for making it to the gym today. I hope the snow melts fast.
Rod, I will be anxious to hear how your interview went today.
Hi MrsSalvo. I hope you are feeling great.
Somethingshiny, I hope your electricity stays on and that the blizzard isn’t too bad.
PhoenixGirl, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad you weren’t hurt. I am glad he got a ticket. It''s awful that you are feeling so bad. I sure hope you get feeling better soon.
Ladypirate, yay for cleaning. I always love having a clean house.
Julianna, yay for keeping the appointment with the treddy.
Take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

The interview went well, I guess. I enjoyed meeting the founder of the company and I think he enjoyed meeting me. The hour and half flew by and we talked about all sorts of things, fitness included. There''s not really a defined position, but it would be primarily recruiting, which I''m certainly qualified to do. Though I haven''t been a recruiter for many years now, but it was one of my top skills and can be lucrative too. So the next step is for me to meet with the local partner in Tampa, which will be sometime in the next week. I''m actually relieved they don''t want to move too fast as it is really my first interview since being laid off two weeks ago and I want to take my time to ensure whatever job I take is the right job. So, it was good, without a conclusion.

Phoenix, I''m sorry about your accident and the stupidity you had to endure with druggie and his 20 something girlfriend. At least the police clearly recognized you were not at fault. And yes, you need to have bloodwork. I''m not in the medical world, but wondered if you might be anemic. Do you eat beef or other foods rich in iron, like liver? Anyway, you need to get to the doctor soon and get this figured out....

Enjoy the treddie of doom tomorrow Julianna!!

Sounds like a lovely day Kimberly! Yummm, chicken pot pies. Not there''s comfort food!

Yay on having lost 145 pounds and your BMI being only 30 Marcy!! You should have a grin from ear to ear for that!!

So, that was my day. While I hate the fact that I was laid off and have no job, it was good to actually be in an interview. I managed to find all sorts of strengths to address and felt pretty good about myself for a change. Still, the job hunt continues as one interview is not enough. I figure this will take a couple months at least, so I know I have more challenges ahead of me before I find the right situation.

Thanks again for everyone''s good wishes. You guys (well I guess technically gals) are the best!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it sounds like your interview went great. As you said you hate to rush in to anything until you know it''s what you want to do but this sure sounds promising. I am very happy for you and good luck to the follow up meeting next week. Thank you very much for the kind words about me; I still have a smile on my face.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s...just a quick check in to say hello...and a big warm welcome to the new additions!

I don''t have anything exciting to report, just trying to keep my sanity during the job hunt for both DH and I and trying to maintain my weight and eating healthy. We''ve both been getting workouts with all the snow we''ve been having...shoveling and snowblowing has constituted a 30 minute workout for both of us a couple times a week lately, and I have been keeping with my arm weight regimen and also using the free weights to do squats and lunges inside whenever I get a chance. Typically this time of year I would''ve gained 5-10 lbs., but I''m happy to report I''m maintaining my pre-December weight of 152 and still fitting into size 8 jeans, so I''m happy. Hopefully this spring will bring a little more weight loss, I would really like to get down to my most comfortable weight of 145.

Everyone sounds like they''re doing well, keep up the great work WWTr''s!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results