shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd Sept till 9th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Author: Rod
Jas, I think Giada could make baked turds look scrumptious to be honest. I just love her weekend adventures show!! No dainty bites of food for her. No, she just takes a big heaping fork full and that look of rapture comes over her face and you know it was heavenly! Enjoy your Giada inspired pasta!! Good deal on the puppy not barfing I think??!!
I think she''s saving that for her Holiday Special -- A Dysfunctional Family Christmas -- The Turds and the Rapture.

Heh. The word "turd" always makes me laugh.

DeeJay, You''re on.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jas - just tell me when!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got back from a walk it was only 2 miles but it was started to rain but when we came in it stopped so oh well. Hubby and I were lazy today and we both made soups. He made cucumber something and I made black bean soup. We had burgers for dinner. Oh yay, I even took a nap today; I am on allergy medicine and it makes me super sleepy. I hope that side effect goes away soon or I will need to stop taking it.

Kimi, great on the 5.5 miles; hope the cold goes quick.

Mara, great on the 4 mi walk; gosh, I hope your muscles feel better soon. Happy Birthday to your mom! That is funny about walking like an old lady. heeeheee

Hey Ebree, glad you got up to 30 mins!!!

Dee, whooo hoooo on the 50 min ellip workout! That was sweet of your hubby making sure you were set for meals.

Hey Rod Camper (me likes what you called us). heheee Yikes, 2.5 hours; that is an intense workout! Great job! Yum your dinner is making me hungry; I think I will do salmon this week. I am glad you had a good nights sleep!

Jas, I am jealous of Giada's 3 bezel diamond necklace. Great job on the healthy lunches; I am sorry about work! Great job on the bowflex workouts for sure!!!!

Kudos Zoe on working out to you and FI!!!

Marcy sweetie, how was the camping??? hehee

Have a FAB evening al workout sweetiesl
35.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
evening all! i''ve had a good and active weekend - on saturday i went horseback riding and to the gym for 45 minutes on the elliptical, and today i biked in the morning. i spent most of the today at home as i had new cable installation that took several hours, but now i have a DVR - woohoo! my parents came in to town for dinner and we went to an italian restaurant. i got my most favorite vegetable lasagna (i swear they put crack in it, it is soooooo delish), but kept the calories reasonable by only eating half of it and bringing the rest home for another night. i am going to finish up with a little slow churned for dessert, yum.

ig and china, one bad day won''t hurt much, just get back on track.

monnie, hope you are enjoying your "weekend"

marcy, hope you had fun camping!

mara, hope your soreness passes soon.

ebree, nice job working your way up on the elliptical and congrats on the pound.

kimberly, sorry you are still sick. our football game was a disaster yesterday, hope yours was better!

rod, your day sounds like it was lovely.

jas, i want a review on the pasta - i''ve seen that recipe before and always wanted to try it.

dj, lol at the food falling out of the keyboard!

zoe, pb and banana on wheat isn''t bad - lots of good carbs, fiber, and protein, plus some healthy fat. you could do way worse! glad the training session went well.

skippy, sorry about the side effects from the allergy meds, hope they pass soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Well we tried out our new 5th wheel and had a great time. I walked down to the lake once and walked over to the dump to throw away our trash last night and this morning. We did find a few “issues” with the trailer the most important one that the heat wasn’t working in the bedroom. Of course, I am always cold but I snuggled up under multiple layers of fleece blankets and lived through the night. Ha Ha. We woke up to fog and frost. It was in the 30’s this morning. Winter is just around the corner in my neck of the woods.
I took smart snacks camping. I had baked lays, snack well cookies, smart pop popcorn and slow churn ice cream so no matter what I ate; it wouldn’t be that bad.
I had time to do some clothing shopping before we left yesterday and bought some non knit, non stretch pants. Woo hoo! I am getting rid of all my stretchy pants.
Mara, it sounds like your trainer will be nudging you in new directions. I would say if you are sore; you worked out new and different areas of your body. I thought of you when we hiked down to the lake; we had a nice view from there. I will post pictures later. This morning had to look like CA though since it was so foggy. I am glad you got some new flowers for your garden, mine look pretty sad after the cold hit. I think I’m done until about June 1st with my flowers.
Kimberly, I sure hope you get better soon. Going for a walk probably felt great. We are in the mid 40’s here today. Brrr.
Rod, too funny you are just getting in to the driving around with the top down season. I am just getting in to the I need a hat, mittens, a sweater and a coat. Florida vs Wyoming; what a dramatic difference. I am in total agreement that camping equals dirt and bugs – 2 things I HATE. But my hubby loves camping and I must admit our new trailer is not really roughing it; except for the heat part last night. I doubt I will ever enjoy camping as much as he does; but I can safely say I enjoyed myself this time. I gave away a bag of big clothes today too. I am so glad to hear your car is getting fixed tomorrow.
Skippy, my husband doesn’t enjoy grocery shopping either; that is a nice treat for you that your hubby went with you today. Dinner at your friend’s house sounds great; no worries I know you’ll burn any extra calories right off. I did take healthy snacks and tried to walk a lot camping so I hope the scale gods are kind to me tomorrow.
EBree, congratulations for being down a pound. I was finally back to my pre long weekend weight Friday morning so I was very careful this weekend. I didn’t want to take another week to loose extra weight from my weekend “treats”.
DeeJay, it sounds like you are set for meals with your giant pot of spaghetti. That sounds really good. Mmm, maybe I will brew some up this week. I quit eating at my desk at work because I was so grossed out by “crumbs” in the keyboard.
Jas, LOL about making googly eyes over the food. We were both making “yummy” sounds eating some of the Cherry Chocolate chip slow churn tonight. Ah, the important things in life.
Zoe, it sounds like you had a great weekend. The wedding and cupcakes sound lovely. I had to laugh at the “million” degrees. We must be the only cold spot in the country.
Well, take care. I hope everyone had a marvelous weekend. Have a wonderful Monday.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shortblond, horseback riding sounds wonderful and great job on the workout weekend.

Marcy, wowzers, that is cold!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mid-40s! Oh my, Marcy. Our temp was 79 at 11 am. It was such a beautiful day. I sat on the back porch reading after I finished writing a paper for school.

Skip, so sorry the meds are effecting you. I''m still waiting for you to send rain our way.

DeeJay, did you ever tell us about your b-day dinner?

shorteblonde, are we cheering for the same team? Yesterday was another mess. But the Chargers won today, hubby is so happy.

We had delicious ribs, green salad and green beans for dinner. So yummy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brrrrrrrr....cold and frost Marcy???? So Soon?????? This is why Rod lives in Florida. Rod doesn''t do cold or snow. Can you imagine me scraping ice and snow off my windshield last winter when we made the huge mistake to live in Raleigh, NC for the winter. Rod''s philosophy on snow: Snow can be looked at but not toudhed........LOL Glad you enjoyed your camping trip!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, we must have been posting at the same time. It sounds like you had a nice, lazy day. Yes, allergy medicine can make you sleepy; it makes me moody too so I quit taking it. The shots don’t bother me as much but of course I never get in to get my shots because my job is about 15 minutes from downtown and I never have time to go get them.
Shortblonde, it sounds like you had a great day. DVR’s are awesome! I hardly ever watch live TV anymore. Your lasagna sounds great.
Kimberly, we are going to be back in the 70’s by Tuesday but tomorrow’s high is around 60. I am glad you had a beautiful day and your football team won.
Rod, the date for our average first frost is around September 20th. The place where we were camping is about 8000 feet and they were predicting an inch of snow there tonight. I agree that snow should be looked at but not touched. I wouldn’t mind it; if would just stay on the grass and leave the sidewalk and streets alone.
Well, I dug out an extra blanket for the bed tonight. Hubby always kicks all the covers on top of me anyway so I should be toasty warm.
Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is looking towards the lake from our camp site. There were some nice trails around here to hike.

mccamp.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh marcy, that cold weather happening now? what a drag!! is that typical? what a beautiful picture of your hike today, i am jealous!
kim, hope your cold is working on leaving, ribs sound yummy.
rod, sounds like you guys had a wonderful sunday, i would expect nothing less!! hehe.
skip, sorry to hear about your meds making you sleepy.
ebree, awesome for 30 min, you'll be at 40 in no time!
DJ enjoy the spaghetti sauce, yummy!!! greg loves to be left on his own when i travel re: food items so i stopped buying or making things for him...he just ends up eating whatever he wants anyway hehee. reliving his single days.

evening all, just a quick post before bedtime, my cab is coming to get me at 6:30am tomorrow morning, booooo. i won't really have much time while traveling as my agenda is jam packed, i will be so happy to be home on tuesday night for sure.

today we ended up getting in about a 3.5m walk when we walked downtown in this small boutique town from our house to get burritos for dinner from this awesome cal-mex place. we walked back home and shared dinner with our neighbors. i had a grilled chicken burrito with wheat tortilla, cilantro rice, whole pinto beans, salsa, grilled chicken and jack and cheddar cheese blend. YUM. i ate like 1/3 of the tortilla if even that. i am an expert burrito peeler...hehe. i know that is where about 1/2 of the calories are in these massive burritos so instead of eating a 1100 cal burrito i end up eating more like a 700 cal burrito. but that was my main meal today so it was fine. had some egg white salad on a slice of bread earlier, and then a cold crisp sliced fuji apple for snack. dessert was a big of cookie dough slow churned drizzled with some bittersweet choco sauce (the real stuff) and then i had a little 1/2 portion of slow churned mint choco chips a few min ago since we had dinner around 7pm so i was craving something else sweet while packing up my stuff and getting ready.

i feel much better re soreness after all the walking this wkd, but MAN that friday thing really kicked my bootie. i will not have time to work out on my trip but hopefully i can get some walking in as my hotel is 3/4m from the hotel where the events are being held so i plan to walk that at least once or twice. and i'd love to get a walk in on the beach but i don't know if i'll have time. on wed i meet the trainer again, yikes!! i better be ready.

anyhow, thanks for all the well wishes, sounds like everyone had a great sunday...we did too, washed the cars, i did my gardening thing for 2 hours...i was really active today so even though i didn't get an actual hike in (it got too hot around noon then we were just busy), the long walk along with all the physical exertion today makes me feel like i did get a massive workout. so that's good.

have a great mon and tues all if i don't manage to check in!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, this is a bit early for this cold of weather; but only by a few weeks. I am glad you liked the view for my hike. It doesn''t look like that in town though. I am glad to hear you aren''t as sore. Have fun on your trip; well as much fun as you can have working.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results