shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd Sept till 9th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Everyone is doing great!! NeatFreak, I am so sorry to hear about your poor toe; I remember Dee dropped a frozen chicken on hers and earlier this year I dropped a huge bottle of perfume on mine
6.gif
- it was agonising!! As Mara says, you can tailor your workouts perhaps to avoid anything toe painful to keep going. I hope it feels better soon, you can expect some pretty colours!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! I just wanted to get in the reminder this week as I was pondering to myself about the benefits of working out we can''t see. Even if we can''t see or feel much of a difference, we are helping to lower cholesterol, blood pressure, burn fat we can''t see from around body organs, strengthen our cardiovascular systems and bones, and many other benefits. I find this helps if I am having the workout blahs, to try to look at the whole picture. I am hoping that I am laying a good foundation for the future to try to avoid many health problems, so I have all these good incentives to keep me going.

Another good tip I have is, if I really do not feel like working out, I make myself go and do 20 minutes only, but very often once I get going then I complete 45 mins to an hour. It isn''t often I just do the 20 mins, but it keeps me motivated that I have done something at least if 20 mins is all I can face.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the good work!
35.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, thanks for the reminder to look at the big picture!

This weekend we visited some friends who have a bay house. We took a long walk which involved a lot of sliding under and hopping over fallen tree trunks, the kind of thing where I definitely would have pulled a muscle before. Then we had to pull ourselves into a boat several times (moored out in the water and had no ladder) to go tubing and to attempt water skiing. I know I would have had embarrassing difficulty getting in and out of the boat if I hadn''t been working out for the last six months.

The unusual activity made me sore but not "oh dear I can''t move" sore. Everyone else commented how their triceps and pecs and back were sore, and mine were a bit like I''d just worked out, but not in a "I''ve never used this muscle and oh how it hurts" kind of way. So that is a definite bonus to working out that I wouldn''t normally think about.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Lorelei, thanks for the great opening! I use the 20 minute "trick" too, and more often than not, I stay longer too. It''s a great idea.

Hope everyone is out enjoying their labor day weekends!!! Now that my toe is buddy taped, it actually doesn''t feel *that* bad except if I hit it the wrong way. So I think I will go to the gym and do some biking today since that won''t put pressure on my toe. That is if I can fit my toe in my gym sneakers! I would go for a real bike ride since it is so gorgeous out, but my road bike shoes are teeeeeensy so I KNOW my big ass toe won''t fit into that right now!

On the weigh in front, I am up 2 lbs from yesterday, so of course this feels crappy even though I know it''s water weight. Esp. because I ate really clean yesterday! On the other hand, I also took my measurements and my waist is down an inch! Yay! Even though I have seen the scale moving recently, my measurements haven''t budged, so that feels nice. It seems my body rotates. It lets me lose inches, then the pounds follow a few weeks later. But for some reason it never happens at the same time. Weird huh?

BUT the most exciting thing in the world about today is that FI IS COMING HOME! He''s been away all summer, so we''ve been doing the LD thing. I am soooooo excited that he''ll be back today as you all can imagine. I haven''t seen him since my trip out to CA to visit a month ago. YAY!!!

Hope everyone continues on doing well today.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Quick check in to say my eating has been good, but we''re stuck indoors pretty much because the heat is stifling (110 is today''s forcast, it was 105 yesterday), too hot to take my nephew outside, he''d cook!

Hope everyone has a terrifc day and start to the new week!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys. I am trying to get back into working out and I hope that all of your positivity is going to helpl! Do I have to join in formally, or do I just post away? I made it to the gym only once last week, and it was my first time in 2 months. I think you all are going to inspire me to get to the track in just a few minutes, although currently my eyes are glued to a reality show...Age of Love. so funny. Well, wish me luck!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Labor Day all!

So last night the HH made homemade pesto. My only experience with pesto thus far in my aparently shelted life is the creamy pesto chicken Lean Cuisine so I was a bit skeptical (it looked like ground up grasshoppers swirling around in the cuisinart!) but it was DELISH! So delish, as a matter of fact, that I ate WAY too much of it...

Lately I been in a peanut butter binge rut too. There have been several nights in the past week when I''ve PS''d and PBC''d all at the same time. I really need to get these out of the house!!! I''m not saying if they weren''t here I wouldn''t eat *something* but I bet I would end up with some fat free chocolate pudding rather than 10 PBCs.
38.gif

Anyway, off to the gym next, and then I have to walk over to Macy''s to get a gift for a client closing tomorrow. The problem is I have NO IDEA what to buy for this lady so I''m hoping divine inspiration will strike when I''m in front of some display of merchandise.

Lorelei, I love the "20 minutes" trick! I''ll have to keep that in mind next time I''m flagging.

PG, it sounds like you have a great time at your friends'' bay house. And I know what you mean about being able to do things that you couldn''t do without working out.

Neatfreak, glad to hear your toe is better than it was. Do be careful though!

Kimi, 110?!? YIKES!!! Yes, definitely stay in inside!

Pavelover, nope, no "formal" entry needed, just start posting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!!

Pave, welcome to the thread and consider yourself part of the WWT family!
35.gif
You can use the thread in whichever way you find most helpful, so you can either pop in and out or post away, share tips, ask advice and give it, or just get plain motivated!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, here''s my update: Yesterday I walked three miles with FI, to the cinema and back. We had a late brunch with the last of my houseguests (two eggs, one piece of toast, some potatoes, and a piece of my friend''s pancake), then I ate some popcorn at the movie (32 ozs) and then had lentil/vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. Not the most balanced day, foodwise! I''ll eat more veggies for the rest of the week.

This morning I did 30 minutes of cardio and had cheerios for breakfast. Cheerios! So tasty and round. I''m making a big salad with lima beans for lunch with some fat free yogurt for desert, and then a chickpea dish with veggies and brown rice for dinner.

This week, I would like to make more of an effort to meet my calcium requirements. My dad just broke another bone (men get osteo too!) and I really need to be more conscientious about it.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
hi ladies. I just finished up at the track! Only did a mile, but it is a start!

IG, your diet sounds pretty good. there have to be some cheat days, right? todays food sounds very sensible, and yummy too!

I give you guys a lot of credit for all the support you give each other,and me. I havent'' gotten the hang of responding to every body''s post like many of you do. it seems like a full time job!he,he. but i appreciate the replies.
have a great and healthy week everybody!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning and happy new week all. and super happy new holiday week, i love having the extra day even if the rest of my week will be that much more busy.

yesterday was hot again here, but we were troopers and went to the outdoor art and wine within about 3/4m walk from our house. earlier i took portia for a 2.5m walk, it got way too hot for both of us, but i pushed her into some sprinklers in someone's yard so she could at least have a cold bath, it seemed to re-rouse her for the last mile or so. she loves sprinklers (she likes to bite the water streams). then i felt really tired and out of it, probably due to the heat. ate some almonds, a bit of honeydew, a bit of egg white salad with some flaxseed multigrain crackers and then a little later we went off to the festival. a friend was working another friend's booth where they sold island pacific food which is greg's FAVE...so i had a chicken breast kebab but he had like 3 meals. he loved it. i tasted some of the chicken and a bite of the rib...just to get a feel for the marinades but i was already full from the kebab which was entirely chicken. drank a lemonade too which of course had a ton of sugar in it but i figured we sweated it out since i probably lost like 3 lbs of water. walked around and checked out all the stalls then walked back home where we promptly collapsed for a few hours in a vegetative state on the couch. then a little later greg and my neighbor walked over to the little creole bistro place and got us salads for dinner...i got mine with spicy grilled chicken and used my TJ's ff balsamic. and then we shared a popcorn shrimp with cajun remoulade but i picked off 90% of the breading and only had like 10 mini shrimp. dessert was a serving of 'whole soy co' (the best soy frozen yogurt company i have found so far at whole foods after trying a few) mocha almond fudge which was GOOD...i had a serving, and each of the boys had one too so the whole pint was gone. less to bring back home hehee. overall i think i walked about 5m total yesterday which is great. today is a break on the workout front, esp since it's TTOTM so i just want to rest for a day.

so overall my eating yest was good, i was only at 1700 cals (supposed to be trying to still do 1800 but haven't made it yet), and a ton of protein what with all the chicken. this morning we slept in and we're eating our usual breakfast...and soon we'll meet up with my dad and sister and do this funny touristy thing in SF where you ride in this mini yellow GPS car and tour SF. it's so funny and cheesy we thought it'd be so fun to be tourists for the day...we have been wanting to do it for a while but only finally just got around to it. then after we are meeting my mom and sister at this restaurant we love on embarcadero for an earlyish dinner. the bummer is that while it'll be a really fun day, we'll be gone from about 12:30 to 7:30pm and that's just our whole day gone..boo hoo. but as greg pointed out, we have done a fair amount of sticking around the house this wkd so being out all day won't be too taxing. even though with this heat all you want to do is be a slug on the couch. SF will be definitely cooler, it always is, probably more like 75 if it's 90 here. so it'll be nice to be out of the heat for a while.

lorelei, so true about what our bodies are doing inside, not just outside. i definitely know i am a stronger and more fit individual now regardless of weight which is a great feeling just in general. oh and you know i totally believe in the 20 min trick...i mean who wants to get off after 20 min really? i feel guilty if i do so i stay on til at least 45. hehee.

neatfreak so happy to hear that your FI is coming home, have a great day and glad to hear the toe is better when taped!
kimberly, def stay inside at 110, yikes, where is your family located?
DJ, stay away from the PB cups...seriously you should get those out of the house. that'd be like me keeping a big container of double stuff oreos in the house and not expecting to eat any. shaaaa, yeah right!!!
rod, i am so proud of you for eating some dessert, woo hoo. and you know i love a great double layer chocolate cake, so i approve. hehe.
IG, kudos for checking in!!...i love cheerios too (honey nut really!) but they just don't fill me up with one serving (it's tiny, have you measured it??) so i tend to stick with more high protein fiber cereals that really fill me up even if they aren't as tasty as some other cereals. 1/2c of a high fiber and protein and i mix it with like 1/4c corn flakes and it's much better tasting hehee. at the risk of bursting a happy popcorn bubble, do you know how bad for you those big movie popcorns are? i think the 32oz size is probably like 1/2 your day of calories. eeee. like them too but i just stay away hahaha. i like the idea of taking in a 100 cal popcorn bag though i guess your purse would have to be big. hehee.
monnie i saw your update on the other page, sorry to hear about your sunburn, ouchie!! hope you and DH are having a great monday back together.
welcome to the group pavelover and kudos on a mile.

have a great day all!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
HI everyone - Lorelei, thanks for the neat opener. I actually had a great experience of what you are talking about a couple of weeks ago. My blood pressure has never been high, but high BP does run in my family and some of the meds I''m on tend to raise it a bit so I like to keep an eye on it. Over the last year or two its always been around 120/80 for me, which is normal, but not amazing. Well, I went to the Dr. a couple of weeks ago for something unrelated, and my BP was 103/64!!
23.gif
I was actually worried it might be TOO low, but the Dr. told me she wished everyone had that BP
9.gif
, and I''m convinced its all due to the extra exercise, eating healthy, and weight loss.

Monnie - sorry to hear about the sunburn. I''m SUPER pale, so I''ve had more than my share - 100% aloe vera gel slathered liberally every 8-12 hours plus ibuprofen has been the most effective combination to promote quick healing in my experience.

DJ - I would never be able to resist PBC''s in the house! Definitely get them out if you can. My latest dessert obsession is the diet soda + cake mix cakes. I made a chocolate one last week, and last night we made a vanilla one with black cherry diet soda - super yummy with some fresh berries on top!

neatfreak - so sorry to hear about your toe! That sounds painful. I''ve been pretty restricted since I re-injured my knee a few weeks ago, but one thing I discovered that is great is doing free weights (hand held dumbells work well) while sitting on an exercise ball, or for chest exercises, laying back on it with your upper back and neck supported but your lower body supported using your glutes and hamstrings. If you do a bunch of exercises one right after the other, it really keeps the heart rate up and works up a sweat and its done wonders for my measurements and muscle tone even though I''ve had to tone down my cardio because of my injury. Anyway, worth a try - its also great for the core because of the instability. That''s great that FI is home today!!

Mara - I''m sure you''re already here, but its pretty cool in SF today, at least our corner of it. Probably a little warmer downtown. Have fun in the little GPS cars - we see those whizzing around all the time!

Welcome to all the newcomers - I apologize to the many people I''m sure I''ve missed, but I am reading everyone''s posts and finding this thread a great source of motivation, just not posting as much as I should
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Mara: About the movie popcorn...oh NO! really?!? I LOOOOVE eating popcorn at the movies, and I always thought I was being reasonably good because I ask for it with no butter. Next time, I''ll pop my own and bring it along.

Been pretty good this afternoon. Resisted many temptations. But caved on a square of dark chocolate, which I guess isn''t so bad.

But I have to say, my jeans are depressingly tight.
7.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy,

I heard that movie theater popcorn is made with coconut oil, which is high in sat. fat. Sorry to burst your bubble...it IS tasty.

Hi everyone! I don''t know if I''ll be able to keep up with everyone''s replies (man, this thread racks up posts throughout the week!), but I''ll try. I''m not NEARLY on the same level as the rest of you are, but I''m beginning to try harder, so I thought I''d pop in. For example, if I could do 20 minutes on ANYTHING excercise related, I''d be thrilled. On the plus side, my FI and I signed up to work with a personla trainer at the gym we belong to. It cost an arm and a leg but my FI says it will be worth it. We each get 12 sessions, so if I meet with the trainer twice a week for 6 weeks, hopefully I''ll be able to see a small change.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
You ROCK Zoe! A personal trainer is such a great idea. Think of it like taking a class: you will learn from the trainer things you'll always remember about how to exercise safely and effectively. Also, it will get you into the habit! Money well spent.

I would love to do that sometime so I could learn how to do weights properly. Maybe before my wedding to get a little more toned up. I've always wanted to.

Glad to hear you're moving forward with FI on this! Keep at it! And keep popping in.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Indy! You''re always so supportive and encouraging! I''ll keep stopping by (or lurking at least, if I don''t have time to respond).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2007 6:55:40 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Indy,

I heard that movie theater popcorn is made with coconut oil, which is high in sat. fat. Sorry to burst your bubble...it IS tasty.

Hi everyone! I don''t know if I''ll be able to keep up with everyone''s replies (man, this thread racks up posts throughout the week!), but I''ll try. I''m not NEARLY on the same level as the rest of you are, but I''m beginning to try harder, so I thought I''d pop in. For example, if I could do 20 minutes on ANYTHING excercise related, I''d be thrilled. On the plus side, my FI and I signed up to work with a personla trainer at the gym we belong to. It cost an arm and a leg but my FI says it will be worth it. We each get 12 sessions, so if I meet with the trainer twice a week for 6 weeks, hopefully I''ll be able to see a small change.

Zoe, welcome! We are ALL at different levels, so please don''t think we are all perfectly toned gymfreaks! Please use the thread as you like and as you have time for. We''ll all be here for you when you need us!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Zoe!

Nice opening Lorelei!

Rod, that is so cool about Tony Little. I love when famous people are so down to earth. Snobby people do not impress me so I love that he was so nice, Yay!!! I saw his Gazelle infomercial; that one aways made me laugh.hehe He has lots of energy!!! I also, have all the newscasters at my gym too and they look smaller in real life than on tv. My god daughter was adorable and she was sporting a hawaiian moo moo. Hubby took lots of pictures of she and I togther. She is such a good baby; thank you for asking!
12.gif

Monnie, I hope your sunburn gets better; you poor thing. They hurt so bad. How was the wedding? Did hubby like Colorado Springs? I really enjoy it there. I bet it was a beautiful wedding.

Hubby and I did lots of yard work; I know my allergies are killing me but I wanted to get it done before the pollen count was to high to do it. I don't mind hiring someoone but that takes time and I just wanted to get it over with.

Hey Neatfreak, Amber G, Kimi (hope you enjoyed the day w/fam), Hey Pavelover and welcome! Hey Indy, I always bring my own Healthy Pop 94%fat free popcorn w/12 grams of fiber.
41.gif
it is yummy!!!

Dee, I love pesto! It can be naughty if I eat too much, but it has the healthy fat in it.
Mara, yay for your walk w/Portia!

I am off to do my walk!!! Yesterday I walked about 4.5 miles in the morning and it was such a beautiful sunset I got in another mile. Now I need to get these pesky 2.5 lbs off. I was so bad
face20.gif

Happy Labor day!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all -- quick check in before a forced bedtime...

Batlipticalled today (whoo!) but only for a short time because the Bowflex kicked my tushie and I was too pooped to push too hard.

However, after steadily staying at the same weight for a week, a pound magically appeared (I think it''s localized to my fanny, which seems to be the theme of my post tonight.) Ok, it didn''t "magically" appear. I think the VERY rich chilean sea bass, the THREE glasses of wine and the kaluha chocolate mousse
23.gif
may have contributed.

So Skippy, you are not alone in being aggravated jumping on the scale this weekend. My net loss for the summer is like 1.5 pounds, which is goofy. But, if I''m really honest with myself, I was not as rigorous as I could have been. I''m usually much more disciplined during the school year.

I am going to work on lowering my carbs 5-6 days a week. Just FYI.

Today was back on track -- homemade breakfast burrito, cottage cheese, and then some BBQ lamb at the inlaws.

I''m very anxious about tomorrow -- first day of school. not anxious about the kid part -- I''ve been doing this for so long that part doesn''t phase me (and I am totally energized by the kids) -- it''s the Territory Dance with Zippy the Pinhead.

I''m not quite at the point where I am going to ask for PS fairy dust, but maybe some PS lint?

Welcome new people! And to the veterans here -- peace, love, joy, and a heck of a shortened work week!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, sending PS lint and a prayer for a good day tomorrow!!!! I know you will do awesome tomorrow so I am doubting you even need lint. hehe Yay for the Batgirl workout!!!

I did 3 miles and it got dark before I made it home so I couldn''t go longer.

Have a lovely night all!

Marcy did you sleep in the 5th wheel last nite? I would have for funzy''s. hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I forgot this is Monday and Lorelei started a new thread. Happy Monday, everyone!
35.gif
I goofed off this morning and did Marcy stuff. I met my parents for coffee break, went to the mall for awhile and came home and worked on laundry. This afternoon we were going to make the beds in the trailer and found out the bedroom has a short king mattress so we had to go buy new sheets, etc. for that. It’ll be nice to have such a big bed since my DH is 6’4”.

I did put on .8 lb from yesterday. Rats. I didn''t work as hard as I thought I did.

Rod, I am enjoying working on the trailer. I am also enjoying that I am able to do so much work on the trailer. I need to wash my baby car too. It’s pretty dirty; I am so ashamed. Your chocolate cake sounds divine! That is nice that Tony Little noticed your guys. How cool!
Lien, I am glad you are eating healthy.
Monarch, I am so sorry to hear about your sunburn. Ouch! Wear silk, it feels so nice on top of scorched skin.
Lorelei, thank you for reminding us of how important it is to continue our workouts because they it is so important for future health benefits. Everything we do will certainly help us down the road. That is a great tip to do at least do 20 minutes of workout; once you get started you will likely do more than 20 minutes.
PhoenixGirl, that is wonderful that your workouts have helped you handle unusual activity like this weekend without such painful results. I noticed that too with all the work I did on our new trailer. I would have been dying before; I am a little achy but nothing really bad.
Neatfreak, I am glad to hear your FI is coming home. Yeah! Sorry to hear you hit your toe. Congratulations for loosing an inch on your waist.
Kimberly, 110? OMG! I would stay inside all day too. I hope it cools down for you.
Welcome Pave! Good luck on your workouts. This group does really support each other, I think it’s great.
DeeJay, LOL about ground up grasshoppers. I am not a pesto fan anyway but now I will always think of that when I see it. My husband loves pesto. I saw where they have slow churned PBC ice cream. I didn’t trust myself to buy it. It’s 130 cals per ½ cup. They have way too many flavors I would love to try.
Inde, sorry to hear about your dad breaking a bone. I hope he gets better soon. I LOVE cheerios; they are my usual breakfast (with fruit). Yeah for walking to the movies and back.
Mara, I can see cute little Portia trying to bite the water streams. Too funny. I hope you and Greg have fun playing tourists in SF with your family.
Amber, congratulations on getting a good blood pressure reading at the doctor.
Welcome Zoe. Your personal trainer sounds like a great idea for you and your FI. I’ll be anxious to hear how that works out for you.
Skippy, I hope your allergies get better. I am glad to hear you had such a nice walk today. Those pesky pounds will go away soon. No we didn’t sleep in the 5th wheel yet. We need to get the bed made and I think I’d feel goofy camping in front of my house. We sat in it for a few hours during a hard rain yesterday. We played cribbage.
Jas, good luck on the first day of school and don’t worry about Zippy the Pinhead; she just wishes she was as neat as you are. I’m sending some PS dust bunnies your way.

Well, tomorrow is back to work. I’ll miss my trailer but I hope to be testing it out this weekend.
Sweet dreams my PS friends.
36.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Mara, my parents live in Northern LA County.

It was so hot today that I, my nephew and my cousins'' daughter ended up running through the sprinklers after dinner.

We went for a short walk this evening, probably abou 1.75 miles, but better than nothng.

I head home tomorrow and it''s back to work on Wed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we just got home a while ago from SF and doing the touristy gocar yellow zippy things which was super fun but man those things are bouncy and a little uncomfortable. our ride ended up being 3 hours and we thought we were going pretty fast...but we took a less beaten path road through a bunch of areas we had never really been into before which was actually kind of fun. it took us all through the presidio which we have just driven through a few areas of before and we saw this awesome pet cemetary. also past palace of fine arts, up to some amazing bay overlook where we took some pictures, and then through a bunch of more touristy areas like union square, north beach, russian hill, we drove past charles manson's house, near dolores park, the civic center/performing arts area etc etc. it was pretty cool. expensive yet fun. then we had dinner with my parents at this place we all love...their truffled fries are amazing, so i knew in advance i was going to break the potato ban for that
5.gif
...and it was worth it but MAN they were so salty..i think i have had 4 glasses of water since then. anyway, for dinner we had jalapeno cornbread with sweet jelly which is soo tasty, then the truffle fries were shared by all, and i had the dungeness crab mango salad which i have had before and is fairly small, light and tasty, but i was dying for a boost of protein so greg split his burger with me and i just ate the meat and cheese (which was hardly on there since it mostly got stuck to the bun!) with a tomato slice. a hodgepodge dinner but yummy and i ate WAY too many fries. it's funny...the fries were really good and i was helpless to resist while they were there, but man i really don't miss that 'oh i ate too much' feeling at all now that i am feeling it again after so long of not having it. i am looking fwd to getting back on the lower GI wagon tomorrow, useless white potato carbs are not that much fun for the body to process.
3.gif
the rest of the day earlier was pretty light since we were out and about so at least the cals balances out for my mini splurge.

finally got back home & figured we should reward portia for staying alone for most of the day (though the neighbors were awesome enough to come walk her for us when they walked their dog) by taking her out for a nighttime walk, her favorite since that is when all the cats are out. so we went for about a 40 min walk with her, about 2.5 miles...so at least got some activity in today even though it was a non-workout day. walked around sf a little too just getting from one place to another as well. then we all showered and we're about to go to bed...new week starts tomorrow really, ugh. i need another weekend day!!

amber, sf was just beautiful today...it's so rare for us that we get up there and have an amazingly sunny warm yet cool day. we had a fabulous time with the touristy cars, some people smile and wave, others just stare and then you get the cranky cynical sf dwellers who coolly stare at you like 'why are you polluting my super cool sf space with your touristy little car bodies'...hehee. but we had a blast. i haven't tried the 'diet' cake yet because i don't know how i'd resist it, hehehe...but it's good to hear you guys are loving it.

indy, the popcorn is probably way better for you without the butter for sure, but with the oils they use to pop it and all that, it's too unknown. i would def bring your own...it's so sad but you figure well it's probably THAT tasty for a reason right ? hehee. darnit!
welcome zoe! everyone here goes at their own pace, we are all in different 'stages' of healthy lifestyle changes.
skippers, good for you on a nice long walk...don't worry, be diligent and your lb or two will come right back off! same to you kim and all the others who had strange pound creepage recently. i am really much more liberated by only weighing myself like once a week or so. using my clothes and how they fit is much better for my mental state. it's so easy to retain water and gain a lb or two and have it float off a day or so later. sodium intake can be a huge culprit of retention, tomorrow i think i might be a floating salt monster from these fries.
jas i think doing lower carbs is a great idea, i really am loving this lower GI thing, if i can just keep doing it long term and eventually make it more a way of life it would be fab.
rod, not sure who tony little is but it's very cool you are being recognized for your hard work at the gym!

anyhow almost time for bed. funny but we ate dinner at 6pm and i am still feeling stuffed. maybe it's all the water i consumed after the ubersaltfries. yak! nite all!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your openers as usual Lorelei!

I''m back from my vacation and I need a vacation to recover from it.
9.gif
I''m still adjusting to the change in world time; exactly 12 hours time difference. What''s really weird is I ate tons of carbs (love noodles), ate many times a day, but... get this, lost weight! It''s true that I walked a lot and everywhere (no other form of exercise at all for 2 weeks) and it was blistering hot, but I lost 4 pounds without any effort. Yipee! I also ate much smaller portions since everyone there ate very little. So perhaps, this was part of the reason.

Anyway, I''m glad to read about everyone''s successes and tracking of individual progresses. Keep it up.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Chrono, hope you had a wonderful time!!
35.gif
That is amazing that you LOST weight while on vacation, good for you!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering where everyone was yesterday and I even posted yesterday, but didn''t realize until this morning that I had posted in last week''s thread as I forgot yesterday was Monday and the start of a new week.

And Lorelei, your thoughts about just getting in there and starting a workout really hit home. There are so many times I think I can''t muster the energy to head to the gym after a long day in the office, but I do and once I''m there, I become energized and usually complete a pretty strong workout. Getting there and starting''s the difficult part. Thanks as usual for your thoughts and inspiration!!

So, here''s my post from yesterday, a day late, but not a dollar short!! I see you saw it Skippy!! Thanks.

Monnie, so sorry about the sunburn. I hope the aloe vera provided some soothing relief! And to think you then followed that up with a 2.5 mile walk with the pooches. Also, I hope you and hubby get to enjoy each other. He sure seems to travel a lot. I used to travel a lot, but don''t have to anymore and I can honestly say that I don''t miss traveling one bit. We don''t even want to leave our beautiful condo on the bay to go away for any length of time these days.

We basically treated today like a Sunday. Coffee, scones and fresht fruit on the terrace (even though it''s still really hot down here in Florida). Then we went downstairs and washed Charlies BMW and ran into many of our neighbors, so it took a bit longer as we had to be sociable of course. So, we took Charlie''s perfectly washed car out and ran right into a major thunderstorm. So much for having a nice clean car. It hadn''t been clean 2 hours before it was dirty again. It is hard to keep a car clean in the summer in Florida, when it rains almost every single day. (Of course we wiped it down when we got back later this afternoon.) We had a quick lunch at Panera, then coffee at Starbucks. Followed by a good solid 2.5 hour workout. It was our 3rd hard workout in a row, and we''re going to do our Monday night sushi on Tuesday instead. Then we''ll work out again Wednesday and Thursday like normal. I had worked my lower body harder yesterday, so today I concentrated on my arms and chest and they''re pretty sore, but I like that feeling.

I forgot to mention that our gym has a few celebrities who work out there. Some you won''t know as they''re local news people, but one guy who works out every single day is Tony Little. I don''t know if you''d recognize him by name, but his famous line is......."You Can Do It!" and he did a bunch of infomercials. I guess the most famous one was him on the Gazelle, which is this leg machine with swinging legs that people bought a few years ago. You might recognize him by the fact that he wears a baseball cap and has a pony tail pulled through the back opening. Anyway, I''ve never spoken to him at the gym. I figure he doesn''t need people running up to him saying his tag line at him, and he really just kind of keeps to himself most of the time. Anyway, last night at the Palm I had to use the restroom and I walked up to the urinal and who''s standing right next to me? Tony Little. So finally, I decided to say hello and tell him that he was an inspiration to me and sometimes when I don''t feel like going to the gym, I hear his voice in my head telling me I Can Do It, and I make myself go. See, Tony was in two really bad accidents and he was told at one point that he''d never walk again, but he worked so hard and completely rehabilitated himself and that''s when he started promoting the Gazelle. So, he really is quite inspirational. Anyway, he commented that he saw me and Charlie at the gym all the time and thought we looked like we were in great shape and that he thinks we''re inspirational. How about that??!! He was a really nice man. So, today when I was getting off the elliptical, I looked at the row behind me and there was Mr. Little and this time he waved at me. I know that''s nothing big, but it was nice to be acknowledged by him.

Tonight, we''re just relaxing and planning a nice swim in the pool and a little time in the hot tub too. I''m not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but at least it''s only a 4 day workweek.

I hope everyone''s having a terrific Holiday today!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI;

Now that school is back, I am "back" to more of a routine--that includes exercising; albeit even that is modified...since March I have not been able to do what I normally am capable of. My annual physical revealed that I have gained 4 pounds (from 112 lbs to 116) and it is somewhat recognizable on me, as I certainly have gained muscle; my quads are huge (for me) and my butt is perky a la J Lo! Tons of squats and leg raises with 10 pound weights will do that!

Anyway, it is very fine out this morning, and altho it is a short morning for my son first day of school, I''ll get on the bike and walk outside before I pick him up.

Enjoy your day!

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Yesterday was a not so terrific eating day. We went out to breakfast, I had an omlette, some fruit and some toast, we ate sorta late (10am) so I skipped lunch, had a banana then ate 3 pieces of pizze for dinner. DOH! And tonight is a play night, so we''ll be going out. Then it''s back on the good bandwagon for a bit! We''re going to NYC in a few weeks and that wil be a huge gorge fest so I want to be good before we go.

We did go for a nice walk last night.

Monnie, sorry about the burn.

Glad you had a fun day, Mara.

Rod, that''s such a nice compliment you recieved!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, it is a such a pretty day!

Yesterday I went shopping for lots of veggies. I think they will be a good crunchy sancks. I bought celery, brocolli, carrots and some fruit. We grilled burgers and fish yesterday, so we have left overs for today! I love grilled leftovers. hehe

I will either go to the gym or do some indoor exercise today
41.gif

Everyone sounds great! Glad the kiddos has fun in the water Kimberly. Mara, whoo hooo for a fun day; sorry the ride was bumpy! Sharon, you will lose that weight soon and you too Marcy!

Chrono welcome back and yay for walking and losing weight!!! Kudos

Have a Happy Go Lucky Day Friends!!!! hehe
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I might buy a juicer....anyone here juice??
emangel.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 11:46:01 AM
Author: Lorelei
I think I might buy a juicer....anyone here juice??
emangel.gif
We bought a juicer and I would make carrot juice. Sounds like fun; we don''t use ours too often. If you lived in my town I would just give you ours. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results