shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th April till 4th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

Pantsy weather continues on and off in the British Isles, but we have had the odd bit of sunshine which makes you feel so much better! I have started to cautiously pack away my sweaters and look at my polo and T shirts - yay!!! I have tried some on and feel pleased with what I see, but I will use the new season and resultant change of clothes to reassess my progress and see what I need to do or maintain. A change of clothing styles can help you see yourself in a whole new light, especially once you shed bulky winter sweaters and such like, you can see how you look in lighter clothes, and just as importantly, how you feel wearing them.

So my plan is to continue with what I am doing with the cardio, I haven't been doing as many weights recently, but I will try to get back on track with that.

So along with all that, I am proud of what I have achieved, even though it isn't perfection or the results I dream of, it is still a great achievement none the less! So don't forget to give yourselves a pat on the back for sticking with it, even if finding the time to workout is so difficult, taking the chance to fit in an elliptical or treddy session even if it isn't as often as you would wish, is still so worthwhile!!

Every bit helps, every workout, every positive thought we have on this journey, every good food choice, make a difference towards continued success.

Have a great week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! Happy new week. I am deighted to report my weekend food foolery resulted in only a gain of 1.5 pounds. I can certainly live with that. It''s back on track today. I will try out my new running shoes on the treddie tonight.

Lorelei, I''ve noticed too how spring clothes reveal more. Last spring I was still wearing stretch knit pants and loose knit tops. Now I''m more in to natural fabrics that fit me better.

However, I look in the mirror and immediately go to my "flaws" thinking I sure with that would go away or get smaller but I know I also focus on the wow - look how small I am now! You are so right that every little bit helps. We continue merrily on our way towards a healthier life and fitter body. We ROCK!!!

Mara, good luck loosing those couple of pounds. I think of you every time I see a cupcake.

Have a great day my WWT friends.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 9:23:49 AM
Author: marcyc

Mara, good luck loosing those couple of pounds. I think of you every time I see a cupcake.
hehe Me too!!! best wishes Mara!

Rod, I can't believe Gabe and the dog! I love that dog; what a beautiful Golden! Yum for fresh veggies in season; thanks for the liking my new avatar. I don't think I ever had my ring as my avatar, just the stone. It is hard taking pictures of our rings. I like your avatar! I hope that guy gets a wonderful ring like you! Yay for the uber workout; you rock!

Lorelei, yay for your journey of the treadmill and weights!!!! Kudos!

Kimi, thank you! Your weekend sounded wonderful; enjoy your mystery!!!

Marcy, you need a new DL lady!!! Show off a new picture!!! I am sure the girl appreciated having you lady's take here out. In my state people are so laid back they always flake out on plans; I hate it so I am always whatever (one of my big pet peeves).

Bee, best wishes on your test!!! Glad you got to walk w/Amber and D!

Linda, how was the bike ride? I love riding bikes; it is so much fun when it isn't windy! I hope it was clear sky's for ya yesterday!!! Mmmm barbecue!

LadyPirate, it is great to see you; glad you are excited about where you are moving! Are you going to get your fill of Super Rica Taqueria before you leave?
2.gif

Very exciting!!! Can't wait to see pics, we missed you!!!

Pavelover, enjoy your workouts this week! There are so many things to be nervous about; I have been on the look out for numbers on waterbottle.

Yesterday was a bad day but I forgave myself and moved on. I think the lesson learned was not to go out to eat super hungry. I ate light for breakfast and lunch. At dinner at this Mexican place they served appetizers right away (guacamole and nachos) I was starved and didn't realize what I ate then I thought I ordered something healthy but oh so wrong. This place is never ever healthy so I should have had dinner before I left and then ate something small but that never came to mind until it was too late. I didn't want to be difficult because we were guests also. I have moved on. hehe

Today, is my weekly allergy shot, then some catch up sewing for class tonight! Today is going to be in the low 80's; it is warming up!!! Have a great day all
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all... I am sitting here in my gym clothes and there is just NO WAY I am going to make it today thanks to a sick migraine. Rod, I kept thinking of you and how you powered through a headache a few weeks ago but I literally think I am going to puke (sorry--TMI!) and I can''t imagine how you did it. You are truly a better man than I am.

Anyway, I was talking with one of my clients on Saturday about shin splints and she said there is this thing at her gym that they call a "bob" and it is triangular and you rock back and forth on it and it stretches the back of your calves as well as your shins. I''ve tried looking on line using all of the key words I can think of but I can''t find this thing. Does anyone know what I''m talking about? I would order one in a heartbeat if I could just find it.

Have to go get ready for my day (oh joy, oh joy... ) but just wanted to check in and say hello.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:48:26 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Monday all... I am sitting here in my gym clothes and there is just NO WAY I am going to make it today thanks to a sick migraine. Rod, I kept thinking of you and how you powered through a headache a few weeks ago but I literally think I am going to puke (sorry--TMI!) and I can''t imagine how you did it. You are truly a better man than I am.

Anyway, I was talking with one of my clients on Saturday about shin splints and she said there is this thing at her gym that they call a ''bob'' and it is triangular and you rock back and forth on it and it stretches the back of your calves as well as your shins. I''ve tried looking on line using all of the key words I can think of but I can''t find this thing. Does anyone know what I''m talking about? I would order one in a heartbeat if I could just find it.

Have to go get ready for my day (oh joy, oh joy... ) but just wanted to check in and say hello.
Oh DeeJay, I am so sorry.
39.gif
I hope you feel better soon, I hate migraines. I hope you feel better soon!!!
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone.

DeeJay: I hate migraines. I am so sorry you have one. Rick and I suffer from those horrid things. Sometimes we have the "hangovers" from them that last for a few days. Feels like you are hit over the head by a ton of bricks doesn''t it!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Skippy: Our bike ride was great. I didn''t go that far, as Rick and the boys did. It was tooooooo hot. It was 91 here. My legs start getting numb and tingly in the heat, due to the illness I have, so I went as far as I could, then came back and put my legs in the pool. The water is still too cold to go swimming in, but it felt good on my legs. The BBQ was GREAT!!

I put on a pair of shorts that I wore last year and it was so funny. Last year the shorts came up higher because I was heavier. Well now they come a little above my knee. HA!! My t-shirts are also too big and sloppy looking. I am going to have to buy some new shorts. That is what I live in from June until October usually.

Marcy: I go up and down one or two pounds myself, sometimes 3, but they always come right off. It depends on what we do over the weekend.

LadyPirate: We missed you, can''t wait to see pictures of your trip.

Rod: I wish you would hear on some interviews. I know how frustrating it is for you and Charlie. I hope this week will bring you some good news.

See you all later.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lazy Monday here........A front is supposed to blast through this afternoon with lightning, thunder and rain, then cooler weather behind it. We're thinking of going for a walk, but aren't so sure with the impending bad weather. Nothing much going on. I got a shocker of a letter from the IRS, saying I owed $2K from tax year '06 for some stock sales from our investment account they claimed wasn't included in my tax return. My heart just about jumped into my throat on that. But after looking, the sales were reported on Charlies return, since it's a joint account. So now our accountant needs to show the IRS that taxes were paid and he'll take care of responding to the IRS for us. That's all we needed was owing money we can't afford to owe. Otherwise, we just got home from enjoying coffee under the oak, which was very pleasant. Since favorite Sushi place #2 is closed, we're either going to cook something at home, or GASP, find another Sushi place to try. Favorite Sushi place #1 is closed on Mondays. Otherwise, nothing on the fitness front today. We REALLY need a day off from torturing our muscles.

Yay for liking what you see in your seasonal clothes change wardrobe Lorelei. You're right, we have to continue our path forward and litle by little we will see positive results. We just have to keep working!

I hope you enjoy your new running shoes on the treadmill Marcy! 1.5 pounds for you 'ain't nothin'!!

Skippy, we missed the first 1/2 hour of DHW, so we only saw the dog in the final scene with them in bed. I can only imagine how rotten Gabe (sp?) was to Carlos and the dog? It look's like she was nicer at the end. It's so hard to take pics of our diamonds. Mine is a beautiful stone, GIA graded too, but the pics I take of it never look like much.

Mara, good luck with the couple pounds. I'm sorry you think you don't have much more to contribute to the WWT. Your posts are actually very inspiring, even if you do much the same day in and day out. For me, it's just so therapeutic to write my daily confessional. Anyway, if you don't write much, we'll know you're reading in lurkdom! I hope Greg is liking his new job.........

Sorry you had such an awful migraine headache DeeJay. I completely understand how you felt. I don't know how I was able to push through the throbbing when I had such a bad headache, but it did make the headache just go away. On your shin splint question: at our gym, they have these solid tube like things (they look like those tubular pool float things) that our trainer has had us roll against sore muscles (including calf muscles) when we were in pain. I don't know about anything triangular, but I can honestly say that these round tubes can be very effective. One word of caution though: When rolling a sore muscle on the tube it can be quite painful, but evidently that's the way it's supposed to be. Afterwards, it's incredible how much better the sore muscle can feel. You can buy one of these tubes at pretty much any sports store, like Sports Authority.

Yay for having to buy some new better fitting shorts Linda!!! Thanks for the good wishes on the interview front. I'm sure something will happen sometime. At least I hope it does........

I'll check in later. Have a great start to the new week!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opening Lorelei-you''ve made me want to unpack my summer clothes. The weather here isn''t great at the moment either so not sure if I could actually wear any of it without freezing! Today hasn''t been a good day for me-I didn''t do as well as I had hoped in one of my exams from a few weeks back and I just have so much study to do so I just spent the last half hour crying
7.gif
I was in the library all day and then I was meant to have my assessment with my trainer at the gym but the person that had booked it for me put my name with another trainer by accident so I couldn''t do my assessment today and I was really looking forward to it. I just feel sick knowing how much work I have to do for college for the next couple of weeks. This year has definitely been the toughest yet-just hope that I get through it
39.gif
Ok moaning over with
1.gif
I did stay around at the gym and do my salsa step aerobics with my trainer which was really good!

Lorelei-it''s definitely worth putting in a session whenever you get a chance. It all builds up in the end.

Marcy-that''s great that you only put on 1.5lbs-you''ll have that off you in no time. I always go straight to my flaws also! I can''t help it.

Skippy-sorry to hear that you had a bad day yesterday. Definitely forgive yourself. These days will happen and it''s good not to beat yourself up about it.

Dee*Jay-sorry to hear that you don''t feel well. Hope that you feel better soon.

Linda-enjoy short shopping! You must have lost lots of weight!!

Rod-I''m delighted to hear that you don''t owe them the money! I''d say you got such a shock! Enjoy the rest of the day after that scary start!

Talk to you all tomorrow

35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, I am sorry, deep breaths; just think how far you have come. School is soooo hard but it is worth it in the end but killer while you are there. You are a smart lady; hang in there and go for a walk. I do feel for you but i have faith you can do it; you are a smart cookie!!! HUGS
hug.gif
Honey you made my day today with your kind words, so thank you!!!

Rod, enjoy finding a sushi place. I so want sushi
39.gif
maybe this coming weekend! Enjoy natures light show!!! Hugs, Rod.

Linda, I am sorry your legs were burning; you poor sweetie. Glad you have a pool to cool them off in and that you got a bike ride in!!! That is sweet you bought your grandson a new bike, I bet he loves it!!
Hugs to you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone...i still do lurk and read, but sometimes just can''t find the time to post and honestly then i am like ''what do i add? boy i had scrambled eggs today!'' hehe. my routine is just so ... meh for the people who are really working at losing or doing something, i''m just maintaining. but yeah when i have stuff to maybe help others, i will post for sure.

and i will post when MARCY submits her photos and story to people magazine, hint hint marcy!!!
9.gif

and lol re cupcakes. i made some divine cinnamon ones this wkd and actually used whole wheat white flour and brown sugar as well so they are KINDA healthy yet still super yummy.

i just went to TJ''s at lunch to stock up for the week and got all healthy stuff hahaa. they have a new mediterranean olive and feta stuffed chicken breast we''ll try. and a garlic chili tilapia. with veggies for both nights. brown rice as well one night. we have dinner with friends on wed. shepherd''s pies for tuesday night (one of my fave TJ ''healthy'' things). and more fiberful bars of course, as well as the gnu fiber bars (12g fiber!). i find that when i do eat my requisite amount of fiber and a little more that i feel just that much better. and drink lots of water obviously.

rod, greg just started his new job today, he has been texting me, so far so good! he had 2 blissful weeks off in between jobs, the first time off like that he has had in over 10 years!!! he''s a total workhorse typically. anyway, it''s tough to go back to work i''m sure but he is ready. how are you guys doing???

random note but i hardly weigh myself however had a scale in my room last week at the hotel and i weighed every morning. when i got there on monday i was 4 lbs heavier than i expected, i was like WOW did i seriously gain 5 lbs since the last time i weighed myself??? i was a little sad. well the third day, i was 5 lbs less. btw this was every morning , same time kind of thing. so i thought wow is that water weight or something. the next day, 4 lbs less still. the next day 4 lbs. so who knows, but i have such huge fluctuations like that, it''s a good thing id on''t use the scale to determine how i feel!

on days i do work out i feel like i ''weigh'' more because my muscles are swollen....i weighed the 5lbs less on the morning after a day i DIDNT workout. so it''s like my body was regulating itself. interesting?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I agree w/Rod you are contributing; I think we might all feel that way but someone says something that maybe makes me feel "wow" that makes sense, or someone will post something that hits home and I think oh me too, that is what I am going though, etc. So your posts do mean something to us!!! Also, the weight thing was probably from water retention on the plane (I remember that post you posted on water retention from flying etc)
2.gif
I love fiber too from beans,fruit, veggies, fiber one bars etc. I have tried the gnu fiber bars and love the banana ones but hate the chocolate even though I love chocolate in general. The chocolate gnu taste like sawdust to me. hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See, you have plenty to contribute Mara! Sorry, you're not a lurker, nor should you be. You're a contributor and you should continue to be. We're OK, but getting a bit depressed on the lack of opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually enjoying my brief retirement, but know it can't last and either I'm going to have to go work at Starbucks, or get my realtor's license, but something's going to have to happen. Tell Greg I hope he enjoyed his first day on the new job. Oh and on the weight fluctuations, that happens to me to. And I've just kind of stopped weighing myself everyday. My clothes fit fine and I tend to worry too much about the scale monster, so I just don't give into it much anymore.

We went for a walk and got about 1/2 mile from the condo and it started raining, so we walked back in the rain which was kind of fun. There wasn't any lightning so that was good. Now we're just trying to decide where to go try a new Sushi place. There are so many so we shouldn't have much trouble on that front. Skippy, I hope you get some Sushi this weekend too!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! Poor Amber has wet ears from me crying into them-she gets very protective of me when I get upset. I''m going to take her for a ten minute walk just to get out of the house. Thank you again

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2008 5:24:11 PM
Author: bee*
Thanks Skippy! Poor Amber has wet ears from me crying into them-she gets very protective of me when I get upset. I''m going to take her for a ten minute walk just to get out of the house. Thank you again
Oh bee*, I''m sorry you are feeling so low. I remember how pressure filled college days can be and this too shall pass. Just know your friends on the WWT are here for you and sending cyber hugs your way. Feel better.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well we wound up trying out a new Sushi restaurant. It''s actually quite close to home at about 1 mile from our condo. A friend had recommended it. We were a bit concerned when we walked in at 6 PM as we were the ONLY ones in the place (aside from the Sushi Chef and a waitress). The atmosphere is trendy/chic and they had kind of techno Japanese music playing. So, we decided what the heck, we''re here, let''s give it a try. It was actually good. Not favorite Sushi places #1 and #2 good, but good none-the-less. One roll was an absolute standout. It was lobster on the inside with fresh tuna wrapped on top of avacado on the outside, finished with a really interesting and spicy remoulade kind of sauce. It was really fresh and unique. The other rolls were good too, just not outstanding. We''d go back again, at least until favortie Sushi place #2 reopens in their new location. Of course we had FroYo and coffee under the oak (between rain showers) afterwards. All in all, it was a decent day. We''ll be back in the gym tomorrow for sure!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I walked 27 minutes on the treddie tonight. We had low cal / low fat tacos for supper followed up by some slow churned ice cream.
Skippy, I don’t need to renew my driver’s license until next May. I certainly don’t look like my picture. I hate when people don’t even bother to let you know they are cancelling on you. The 3 of us had fun at lunch though. I found out the hard way I shouldn''t go out to eat when I’m hungry. Glad to hear it’s not bothering you. We all have days where we eat more than we planned. Have fun at sewing class tonight.
DeeJay, sorry to hear you feel so bad with your migraine. I hope you get better soon.
Linda, I am delighted to hear your shorts and tops are too big. Woo hoo! I am glad your BBQ turned out great. Weekends are always a bit tough on me but I always go right back on track. I hope your legs are feeling better by now.
Rod, yay for a lazy Monday. I would have freaked out too getting that letter from the IRS. That’s wonderful it was on Charlie’s return. My new shoes were great on the treddie tonight. I enjoy walking in the rain – as long as it’s not too cold. Our temperatures drop about 30 to 40 degrees sometimes when we get rain. That’s terrific the new sushi place was good.
Bee, I am so sorry to hear you aren’t having a good day. Darn it for not doing as well as you’d hoped on your exam. Is there anything on it you can discuss with the teacher and up your grade? I’ll give students back points as long as they can convince me they had a sound reason for their answers. That is so sweet Amber watches out for you.
Mara, I enjoy hearing how you handle your maintenance from day to day. I am so looking forward to being on maintenance but that is sometime out there not yet. I am still thinking about what to do about my pictures and story. Today was my day for my once a month photo and I can’t see a great deal of difference in the last month but there is some especially in my face.
Well, I must go clean my jewels and take out my contacts.
Have a great evening.
35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yay for me! I don''t really keep track of my weight, a better indicator for me is how my clothes fit, and....I got another new dress that fits great! And, I have to say THANK YOU to all of you! I was never able to stick with an exercise before this, and I know it''s because of advice and stories from like-minded people!!

On the sickness front, I took JT to the doc today (day 9 of a fever) and he''s on an antibiotic again with pretty bad throat issues. Apparently, IL has had a terrible winter of illness and it just hasn''t gone away yet. JT was never sick before this past couple of months, but I guess he''s around more people now or something.

Anyway, I want to try some whole wheat pasta of some kind but I''ve read that it''s very chewy. Do any of you have opinions or advice on using it??

TIA!

Have a great tomorrow!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!!

Woohoo! Another great opening to the week ... Thank you!
I find that those words of wisdom are just that much more encouraging on a bleary Monday. We can be our own worst enemies, at times, by being defeatist.

Today, I again was tempted to succumb to my own negativity by focusing on my perceived "negative" or the fact that I wouldn''t be able to fit in 4 or 5 workouts this week b/c of a hectic schedule. I was so bummed and wrapped up in still trying to shake whatever illness plagues me that I almost gave up
23.gif
and didn''t go to the gym today. Thanks to my workout buddy, bless her, I did go and had a great workout!

Instead of manifesting negatives and making them reality, as Lorelei so aptly stated, I should focus on the positive and the fact that I will be working out at least 3 times this week ... more than I would have done 2 months ago! This will do so much more for me and get me going as opposed to forcing me to stick my head in a freezer and drown my sorrows with ice cream.

Marcy -- You are so incredible! I feel SO happy whenever I read your posts and "experience" your enthusiasm along with you. What a difference a year makes, right? I bet you look FAB in your new spring wardrobe. Great job w/ the treadmill as well.

Skippy - I hope you enjoyed your "bad" day while it was happening and am so glad for you that you are over it and not dwelling on the negative. You are so dedicated to living a healthier lifestyle that I have no doubt, even if you have many setbacks, that you will still succeed. You are awesome!

Deejay - Sorry about your migraine! I know how awful those can be. Just curious since it''s something that I recently discovered myself ... Although, I used to suffer quite badly from migraines, I thought every horrible headache that seemed to take root on one side and behind my eye and lasted for days was a migraine ... I recently discovered that I have seasonal allergies and that many of the symptoms I experience are like those of some terrible migraines - nausea, fatigue, dizziness, severe pain etc. I just wanted to mention it so that maybe you can have your sinuses checked or your doctor look into the possibility that allergies or sinus problems might be affecting you. If you already know that this is not the case, sorry for the blather but I really just wanted to mention this to try and help if this were the case. I hope you feel better soon!
35.gif

Yay Bee -- I''m sorry that you had a rough day but believe me ... you will perservere and you will make it out the next couple of weeks with shining results and you will be a better person because of it. Good for you for sticking around and doing that class. I am always so inspired by people like you ... I know how hard it can be to turn this kind of downer day around so yay for you! Keep up the good work!!
9.gif

Every little bit does indeed help!! Thank you all for being the "little bit" that I need to get me through some of rough days and to congratulate me on my good ones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, yay for finding a great fitting dress! Sorry to hear JT has been so sick this winter. That makes it tough on you too. We didn’t like whole wheat pasta because it was chewy. I went back to the regular pasta which is cheaper and lower in calories.
Sparkalicious, good for you going to the gym and enjoying it. Yay for focusing on the positives. Besides you’ll get cold in the freezer. Tee hee. Thanks for the nice compliment about me. I’ll post my past year photo because it’s amazing what a difference a year makes. I am totally enjoying wearing spring clothes – they are all so “small” and “fitting”. I am very happy to hear you share in my enthusiasm.

Here is my newest collage photo. I wore the same clothes as I had on last month and the neck opening is more open and the pants are baggier than last month. I didn’t really see a lot of difference in the last month but it was also only 3 pounds different.

April 08 Collage.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you look FANTASTIC!!!!!

I will check in again tomrrow and respond to all; I am sleepy. Sweet dreams all!! I need to post a pic of my robe too!
24.gif
24.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

You simply amaze me!!! You are so beautiful!!!

Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. Feel a bit better after a sleep. Nothing for me to report today-I can''t go to my WW meeting today as they''re putting on an anatomy review lecture so I''m going to that instead. Hopefully I''ll have lost a good bit of weight then before next week.

Rod-thank you for the cyber hugs! I never felt this type of pressure when I did my science degree. I suppose it''s because I want the veterinary more. I can''t wait until the holidays. Glad that you found a new sushi place and that it''s not half bad! I need to eat sushi more. Hardly ever buy it at home.

Marcy-well done on doing 27 mins on the threadmill! I just showed my mother your photos and she''s flabbergasted! My mother has quite a lot of weight to lose and you have definitely inspired her to keep at it. Unfortunately our exam was a negative marking Mcq so they can''t give us any marks to bring us up
14.gif
It just means that I have to work extra hard at the end of year exam.

Something-delighted to hear that the dress fit great
36.gif
36.gif
That''s a great indicator of how your body is doing! I adore whole wheat pasta-I didn''t find it chewy at all. I''d say that it''s the way that you cook it.

Spark-Glad that you went to the gym! Yay for workout buddies! Thanks for the encouragement! I am feeling a bit better today.

Talk to you all later today!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I am so glad you popped in, I always enjoy your posts!
35.gif

Bee, it will be ok
emrose.gif
. I know this happens with veterinary exams, hang in there! How much longer do you have to do before you qualify?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Same ol'' same ol''.

Bee, I''m so sorry you had a rough day. I''ve had a few of those in these final weeks of student teaching/M.Ed program. I''m sure I''ll encounter a few more before this is all over but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with just under 5 weeks of student teaching and 7 weeks of classes left. Hang in there!

Rod, you branched out, how exciting! Glad you had a good Sushi Place #3 experience.

Marcy, I continue to be in awe of you.

Spark, great job persevering on the workouts. I''m an all or nothing girl, but I have found I have to not be so hard on myself when it comes to exercise. I do my best to workout when I can (especially now, at the tailend of school) and I eat healthy and on we go! Keep it up.

Somethingshiny, hooray for a new dress that you love! Poor JT!

Have a wonderful day all!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Marcy, you look AMAZING!! That is so great that you have made tremendous progress and I know you are an inspiration to many ppl here. Enjoy spring and the new clothes!

Bee- so sorry you had a rough day yesterday and I''m glad that you are feeling a bit better today. I don''t miss school and the added stress. But since you want this so bad I know it will be worth it in the end. Hang in there.

Dee jay I hope your headache is gone and you are feeling better.

Rod- I really love your descriptions of the food you eat- especially the sandwiches you make, yumm! Your days sound just awesome.

Spark good job fighting the negativity- aren''t workout buddies the best?

I am going to meet a friend at the gym today! Yay. I have to figure out if/how to modify my workouts . I am going to double check with my Dr. office today, and do a little reading. Any wwt that worked out during pregnancy and know any info?

Have a great day everyone! Keep up the good work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; I am so sleepy today! Our power went out so the alarm company called us at 2am and I was in a deep sleep and hubby never wakes up so I kept hearing a phone ring. After them calling the 3rd time I finally woke up and got the phone but I probably wasn't making much sense to them. We got it squared away and I finally fell back asleep at 5am, bleh
14.gif
I finished my robe last night too; I can mail it to my BIL, yay finally done. I am onto my next project of pants!

Today is our offical anniversary, yay!
9.gif
It is a tram ride tonight and with views of the city tonight. They have a restaurant up top; hubby wanted to eat there but I don't like it too well so we might eat down here in town after the sunset! There is hiking up top too so we just might take a stroll; so romantic!!! hehe
10.gif

Bee, glad you are feeling better today. You will do great on your tests; I have my fingers crossed for you!

Hey Kimi! Are the fires close to you?

Rod, glad your arm is doing better! What a scare w/the IRS; glad you are getting that figured out! Glad you found a new sushi place, yum!

Marcy, yay for your 27 min walk!!!! Lookin good! How is your sister doing??

SS, yay for clothes fitting!! I hope JT feels better soon; payers outgoing! SS, while I am cooking WW pasta I put in some salt so that it soaks it up toward the end of tenderness. I put lots of tomato sauce/spagehetti sauce on it and use chicken sausage or pesto so you don't notice the taste so much.

Sparkalicious, yay for your workout. Did you join WW? Are you liking it?

Pavelover, I am sure your doc will tell you if it is okay to exercise. I will tell you what my sister and friend did; they exercised before pregnancy so they did walking and things that were work but not exhausting. Mrs. Salvo would hike during her pregnancy but she worked out before pregnancy. I would ask the Preggo's on their thread. There are several preggo's who worked out during pregnancy and I bet they can tell you lots of helpful info! Yay for being healthy!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. Just back in from the library and my mammies cooked lasagna to make me feel better
18.gif
No news to report with me, although my appetite has gone right down the past few days. Normally when I''m stressed I want to eat absolutely everything but this time I don''t want to eat anything.

Lorelei-Thank you! I have another three years of this
14.gif
I''m just finishing up second year now. I just cannot wait to be qualified.

Kimberley-thank you!! Wow-you''re so close to finishing
36.gif
36.gif
That''s brilliant news. Keep at it! That''s so exciting to be nearly done.

pave-thanks! I do really want it. If it was anything else I would have dropped out by now, but this is my dream so there''s no way I''m dropping out. Have fun at the gym today!

Skippy-congratulations on your anniversary
36.gif
36.gif
Enjoy your night out tonight!

Talk to you all later! I''m off for lasagna
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We just went on a really nice walk. Not as long as our usual walk, but I feel good after getting some exercise.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

We had a very nice day. Charlie had a dentist appointment and had to leave early, so no breakfast on the terrace, but we did have nice turkey and melted swiss cheese sandwichs at home for lunch. The cool front came through. And it took all the humidity away and left us with just Chamber of Commerce perfect temps and blue skies and gentle breezes. We lounged under the oak at Sbucks for some time enjoying the splendiferous weather then hit the gym around 3 for a very good 3 hour workout. I was still a bit sore from Sunday's workout, but as usual pushing the muscles that are sore, eased them up completely. Dinner was fresh chicken noodle soup and a piece of baked chicken. Of course with such spectacular weather, we had to head back out and have a cup of decaf under the oak and we shared a Panera Cinnamon Roll for dessert. We made it home just in time to see American Idol! I'll have to work out earlier tomorrow as I have a 1 hour phone screen for a job with a major corporation tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure I'm exactly what they're looking for, but they did respond to me the same day I applied for the position, so that's at least a teensie bit encouraging.

Yay for 27 minutes on the treddie Marcy. And as usual, your picture history is a constant amazement for sure!!! You should be SO proud on all you've accomplished. Lord knows we all are!!

I'm sorry JT is still under the weather SS. I hope he's feeling better real soon. I'm with you using clothes as a barometer of how I'm doing these days. There's a brand of t-shirts I really like called Blue Marlin. Nordstrom sells them and so does this store that caters to "uber" boys near where we live. Anyway, they put some Blue Marlins on sale at 50% off, so today I got one that fits me so well. It's so exciting to be able to wear a medium sized t-shirt and look good in it!

Spark, you should be really proud of yourself for knowing you'll have three good workouts this week!!

I'm glad you're feeling better bee* You know we are our own harshest critics and we tend to put so much pressure on ourselves. I'm an expert on that subject, trust me.

Thanks Kimberly. I hope the kiddies are treating you well in school! And I'm glad you enjoyed your walk!

Pave, I hope you had a great time with your friend at the gym today! Thanks for liking my food descriptions. Miss Mara used to write such fabulous descriptions of what she had eaten each day. Maybe if we ask nicely, she'll continue??? Also, somehow I think I may have missed the part about you expecting?? How wonderful for you!!

Skippy, sounds like you're a really sound sleeper. It can be so disorienting to have the phone ring in the middle of the night. Sorry, it ruined your night's rest. I hope you got some well deserved rest and relaxation today. And I meant to write you earlier and wish you both a HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I hope you both enjoy the tram ride and dinner very much!!

That about does it for moi today. I hope you all had a very nice Tuesday..........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results