shape
carat
color
clarity

Crafty PScopers? Knitting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I only just managed to log back in to ravelry--sorry it took so long for me to get back to you Delster!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I have no FI tonight and all day tomorrow. HURRAY!!! I''m going to turn the next 24 hours into "Erica''s Crafty Time". On my to-do list are:
1. Organize, organize, organize. I have yarn stashed under the bed, in a cabinet in the living room, under the tv and in my closet. There is fabric in most of those places too, plus in my sewing table. Knitting needles are scattered everywhere. I don''t even know what I have anymore.
2. Document. Ravelry, here I come! I think I can use it to keep track of my needle and yarn collections, and I want to take photos of all the finished projects I have around the house.
3. Craft!!! This is the fun part. I''m working on a new pair of Jaywalker socks out of some very lucious Lorna''s Laces and my pewter jacket, plus I just found out that a co-worker adopted a baby with very little notice so she will need to get a strip quilt.

I am so looking forward to this weekend!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I finished piecing the top of the quilt I''m making for my cousin''s new baby today! I''ll have to take pictures this evening or tomorrow and post them. Anyone have any new projects to show?

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
I debated for a long time on weather or not to jump into this thread but i think i will..

I dont knit but i do crochet! (like a mad women). Knitting scares the snot outta me. It just looks so tough! Add me to the yarn hounds list; i have two big storage bins full of yarn and baby blankets.lol With not many friends having babies! Although i did make a lion stuffed animal for my bf's friend who had a little boy..

30.gif
You all have some absolutely stunning pieces! i wish i could get up the nerves to try and learn how to knit.
37.gif

Heres my current project: its a pineapple granny "octagon" blanket for my 'aunt in law' Hehe.

ETA- its a leisure arts pattern ( dont wanna get in trouble!)

ValB3row.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Staryeyes, that is beautiful baby blanket!!!
36.gif

Delster and LadyP, I am sewing a bathroom for my surfer BIL; I will post it once I am done. hehe

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 6:55:32 PM
Author: Skippy123
36.gif

Delster and LadyP, I am sewing a bathroom for my surfer BIL; I will post it once I am done. hehe

Skippy, I''m assuming you meant a bathrobe? In any case, I can''t way to see it! I''m halfway though quilting my quilt, so I think I''ll wait until I''m done and post the final thing. It''s coming out really cute, though!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2008 8:45:45 PM
Author: ladypirate

36.gif

Skippy, I''m assuming you meant a bathrobe? In any case, I can''t way to see it! I''m halfway though quilting my quilt, so I think I''ll wait until I''m done and post the final thing. It''s coming out really cute, though!
LOL, I can''t believe I typed bathroom,
23.gif
oh boy!!!
lol.gif
Yes, a bathrobe.

I can''t wait to see the quilt.
3.gif
I love quilts; I have a few my MIL made for us.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2008 8:48:54 PM
Date: 4/12/2008 8:45:45 PM

Author: ladypirate

36.gif

LOL, I can''t believe I typed bathroom,
23.gif
oh boy!!!
lol.gif
Yes, a bathrobe.

I can''t wait to see the quilt.
3.gif
I love quilts; I have a few my MIL made for us.

LOL! I have to say, if you were sewing an entire bathroom, I''d be impressed! It''s be like Liza Lou''s kitchen. If you haven''t seen her work, she''s an artist who does sculptures from beads, which is what this entire kitchen is made from!

lou_kitchen_sept_05.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, here''s the quilt! I finished it yesterday--I think it came out really cute. Please excuse the faded colors--that always happens when I resize the pictures for the internet. The quilt is really bright and vibrant in real life!! So here''s the full thing:

BabyQuilt1.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
A close up of the corner:

BabyQuilt2.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
And here it is folded over so you can see the back:

BabyQuilt3.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LP, that is funny; great pictures!!! lol
lol.gif

Wow, that quilt is beautiful!!!! You did an awesome job; I love the colors. Are you taking a class? What a gorgeous and loving gift!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy! I was really pleased with how it came out--it''s the first quilt I''ve made and I''m not taking a class or anything...just decided to figure it out as I went along. I''ve been sewing for ages, though, so I had that part down.
1.gif
Actually, after I took those pictures, I embroidered a tag for the back (name blurred out for privacy). I think it came out really cute. I mailed it yesterday, so they should get it early next week or end of this week!

QuiltTag.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh stryeyes yippeeeee I love looking at crochet projects! They look sooooo intricate, I love 'em. Gotta do a crochet class some time. Your blanket is gorgeous!
30.gif

ladypirate seriously woman do you ever sleep?!?? I saw that cake you posted on the cupcakes thread and now that blanket! It is out of this world. Oh I would be so floored if someone sent me something like that. It's amazing. Amazing amazing amazing.

It's been a slow knitting season for me. Finished the Simple Knitted Bodice but haven't done a photoshoot yet. I'll get on it. Also finished a pair of socks for himself and a hat for me. I made the socks too big at first and had to redo them, but he declared himself flattered
2.gif
I'll put on photos of those, although the hat photo is very washed out (sorry!). I'm working on a pair of ankle socks for myself as I've yet to finish a pair for me and I am determined to finish these. Then I'll pick up the Juliet cardie and have that done for the Summer hopefully!

OK, from left to right, here are BF's socks (before I ripped them back and knit them the right size!); a seaman's cap for myself (I cabled the brim instead of ribbing it, to make it a bit more femininine), and a cowl in river stitch (that one is finished too but this pic shows the stitch and colour off the best).

knittingexploitsapr08.JPG

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Delster- Crochet is fun but be warned it takes up more yarn then knitting.. Your cap is so cute! Its things like that, that you definitely need the ability to knit for.. Crochet just doesnt do it for caps.

Ladypirate- Your quilt is gorgeous! Im sure that will be a treasure heirloom when they get older.

I just realized the other day that i did not look at the length of that blanket; its going to be seven and a half feet long!! * i guess its the whole family blanket, lol*

Delster

Ideal_Rock
stryeyes some of my favourite hat patterns are for crochet! But it''s blankets I''d want to learn crochet for. Taking on to knit a blanket is like taking on a doctorate!
26.gif
Never mind a whole family blanket!
2.gif

OK ladies, some entertainment. Do you have Shreddies on that side of the Atlantic? Did you know they are knitted by Nanas?
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is hung crooked in this pic.
40.gif

IMGSkip2393.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adjusted the robe I made for my BIL on the hanger so it doesn't look so crooked. He is a die hard surfer so I made him a robe w/surfboard's; I hope he likes it
37.gif
I think it is kind of cute! hehe
2.gif

IMGskip2395.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

You did a WONDERFUL job on your BIL robe!! He will love it. It is beautiful sweetie.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 2:43:51 PM
Author: Linda W
Skippy,

You did a WONDERFUL job on your BIL robe!! He will love it. It is beautiful sweetie.

Linda
Ahhhh, thank you Linda!!! You made me feel like a million bucks
22.gif
and made my day with your sweet compliment
35.gif
You are always so kind and thoughtful! xoxox
13.gif

ETA: Delster, awesome knits!!! I missed those earlier, beautiful
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 2:41:39 PM
Adjusted the robe I made for my BIL on the hanger so it doesn''t look so crooked. He is a die hard surfer so I made him a robe w/surfboard''s; I hope he likes it
37.gif
2.gif
kicken!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 5:17:29 PM
Author: strmrdr

Adjusted the robe I made for my BIL on the hanger so it doesn''t look so crooked. He is a die hard surfer so I made him a robe w/surfboard''s; I hope he likes it
37.gif
2.gif
kicken!!
Thanks Storm! You should start sewing!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 5:45:31 PM

Date: 4/29/2008 5:17:29 PM
Author: strmrdr

37.gif
2.gif
kicken!!
Thanks Storm! You should start sewing!
9.gif
I''d love to see that, hehe.
31.gif

Great job Skippy!!!
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Skippy that looks AWESOME! What pattern did you use (or did you make it up)?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWOWOW Skippy!! Your BIL will surely love the time, energy, creativity, thoughfullness and love that went into creating such a beautiful robe. Ahem..........we''ll take TWO please!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, your BIL''s robe looks great. It looks like you''ve been sewing for years. I am sure he''ll love it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I bet we can get Storm sewing sooner than laters.
31.gif
Thank you!

Thank you Rod, 2 Robes coming right up
2.gif

Thank you Marcy
face23.gif

LadyPirate it is a pattern. Do you want the name and number to the pattern?? It comes with a pajamas pattern too! Thanks!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Skippy--I''d love that! I''ve been wanting to make a robe for Kris since he''s too tall for anything we''ve found on the commercial market.
9.gif
Thanks so much!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Wow Skippy that robe is fantastic! Your BIL will love it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t wait to see what Storm sews up for us...
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 7:36:09 AM
Author: Delster
Wow Skippy that robe is fantastic! Your BIL will love it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t wait to see what Storm sews up for us...
9.gif
Thank you!!! I am so glad you started this Thread Delster; it is sooo much fun and very inspiring whooo hooo thanks.
Storm, can''t wait to see what you come up with!!! He can do it; I have faith in him!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results