shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th April till 4th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, since I am a native here I love to say "what wind?" when people complain about the wind. I hope your little sister has a wonderful time at the prom tonight.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning. Hope everyone had a good Saturday night. I''m just studying for the day so no change there.

Skippy-aww Trevor sounds gorgeous! At least he is some sort of a guard dog-Amber adores everyone! We got broken into before and the three dogs were asleep on the couch opposite the door that they broke in through and not one of them did a thing! My mother came home and disturbed the burgler and the dogs were still asleep. Hope the sushi was good! D''s aunt is strange but she''s a nice strange! Could you imagine Amber puppies
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Pity she''s neutered!

Marcy-that''s great that you are close to another pound gone
36.gif
36.gif
Wow-that''s windy!!
23.gif

Talk to you all later

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Had a great night last night. We had been working hard sanding and painting cabinets all day so we decided to go out to eat. We had sushi at our little place we''ve gone to a few times here, and it was yummy. Andrew and Adam like this roll with crab and spicy mayo that is fried...not too good for you at all and I only had a piece of that and stuck with my spicy tuna and miso soup for the rest. Then we came home and after Andrew went to bed watched 27 dresses which was really cute. We have a date tonight and are trying to figure out what movie we''re going to. I think Adam wants to see Iron Man and I want to see Made of Honor, but we''ll see which one we end up going to. I''m drinking my coffee right now so I can get some energy to go do the elliptical. Everyone have a great day!!

Skippy, your maragarita night with the girls sounds like fun. When I go visit Atlanta in June for a wedding, all my girls are getting together for a margarita night and then we''re going to see the Sex and the City movie...I can''t wait!

DeeJay, sorry your plans got derailed.....some people aren''t very considerate, but you sound like a wonderful realtor!

Rod, glad you enjoyed Iron Man. I''m sure I will be going to see it soon b/c Adam loves those type of movies.

Bee, don''t study too hard! Your meal sounds yummy...I love cheesecake, but don''t remember the last time I had it.

Hey, pavelover. No, we don''t have a special event or anything coming up. We had owned 2 previous homes and then rented a house in Miami for a year and I did zippo decorating at that house...never even hung a picture on the wall b/c it didn''t feel like home, but this house really does and it has turned into a huge (but expensive) hobby to decorate everything. I am super motivated about our cabinets b/c our kitchen is kind of a disaster until we get them all finished! HOpe your massage was great and that you feel better.

Marcy, enjoy your yummy lasagna today...I need to make mine again sometime soon, my boys love it.

SS, I love those bars too. I usually only get 1 or 2 out of the package b/c my hubby loves them and eats them all up. Sounds like you had fun helping your sis....funny about the date, that will be one to look back on and laugh at in 10 years or so!

Hi, everyone else
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....just a quick checkin. Yesterday was an off day. We never made it to the gym. I think we were both feeling we needed an extra days rest for our muscles, so we wound up touring some new cool urban townhomes within walking distance of our Sbucks. I think they're overpriced, but we're not ready to buy anything yet since our place hasn't sold, so we have lot's of time to see everything out there that we may be interested in. Dinner last night was odd. We haven't had Chinese in at least 18 months, so we decided to go to a good Chinese restaurant close to our condo. We ran into a couple we used to be friends with, but who really tried to run our lives (it's too long a story) and we ultimately severed ties with them. So, it was really odd after 3 years of not having seen them or heard from them, there they were standing in front of us at the restaurant. They wound up sitting with us and it was just really uncomfortable. And, I found I no longer have a taste for Chinese food. It was too salty, too greasy, just not of interest whatsoever. After dinner we parted politely but we did not discuss the possibility of getting together again. It was kind of sad, but our relationship with this couple (husband and wife) was so unhealthy, it needs to stay buried. Charlie didn't like the Chinese food either, so we won't likely do that for a long time to come.

Today, we're definitely going to the gym and having dinner at home, but we're not sure what we'll fix. Otherwise, it's just beautiful weather down here, so we'll be heading out soon for coffee under the oak before the gym.

I hope you enjoyed your Sushi Skippy!!

Sorry your plans to work out were changed by a client DeeJay.

That windsock picture is a hoot Marcy!!

Enjoy your date with Adam tonight Steph!!

I'll check in again later. Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday we did some biking and then in the evening we had sushi. We had the the California roll, Philly roll and some scallops; it was pretty yummy. It seems since the economy isn't doing so well not as many people are eating out;
40.gif
I noticed less people in restaurants lately. I sort of don't blame them; I think we will only keep to our once a week eating out except next week; I have a friend coming into town we have plans for Thurs and we have plans with our neighbors on Friday.

Tonight I am making a spinach lasagna and since the weather has been beautiful (knocks on wood) we will eat outside.
emhot.gif

Marcy, that sign is funny; wow, I didn't know you guys were so windy. Your pancakes and other meals sound yummy!

Somethingshiny, glad you liked the Fiber Ones. I have a friend who heard Gnu bars were good; she was on a mission to find them since they have 12 g fiber; I told her try the Fiber One bars. She wouldn't because she thought they would be icky; well she and I went to the movies and I brought Fiber One bars and passed her one in the dark; she loved it. I told her "those are fiber one bars."
11.gif
9.gif
hehe I think the name makes the sound icky. Wow, I bet your sister looks BEAUTIFUL; how sweet you girls helped her get ready! I love that, so sweet!!!

Steph, have fun tonight; I heard that girlie movie was just okay and didn't get very good reviews. I did hear the Iron Man was pretty good. hehe Have fun; I am sure whatever you see will be nice to be on a date.

Rod, wow, how uncomfortable, that is weird. I would have bolted; I am the queen of try to avoid confrontation so I would have walked right out and said ops wrong restuartant. I have no shame. hehe Enjoy your workout tonight, friend!!! I will think of you while I watch DHW. hehe

Bee, baby Amber's would be soooo cute; I thought Amber is a good guard dog?? Or is that only when she is around your shoes
2.gif
I love puppy Golden's; soooooooo cute
face23.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Skippy~ I sneak snacks into the theatre too. I bet those bars travel well....
1.gif

Steph~ I just re-finished another piece and got it inside. I really love to do all that stuff. Your project sounds so fun! Oh, and I''M laughing NOW about the reverse mullet kid!

Rod~ Sorry for the uncomfortable evening. That really would be awkward. At least they''re not at your Sbucks.

Little sis''s prom went well. No accidents or anything, which is always a big relief. When I was in school, we had prom at the gym. Now, they rent places and all the kids have to drive there. Last year there was a 4 car accident caused by one of the kids. Thankfully, no one was injured, but it still makes headlines.

I had great yoga last night! I did the late programs after JT was in bed. Had some Fiber One cereal this morning (and a cinnamon roll), and I''m going to have a turkey wrap for lunch. It''s so hard for me to eat "right". But, I can manage small steps like these.

I worked my butt off again preparing flower beds (so sore). I''m on a roll outside. Hopefully this year, my flowers will LIVE! It''s always hard when we''re on a water ban. We''re only supposed to water every other day throughout the summer months when it''s a drought. Although, the real killer of my flowers was my kind gentlemanly neighbor. He noticed our grass needed cut so he kindly did it for us. Unfortunately for the flowers, he mowed them down.

later!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. The weather here is amazing at the moment so I studied outside most of the day and then D and I took Amber for a walk by the river. Amber''s not too fond of water but she went up to her belly in it today-she looked so proud of herself. D was a proud daddy-he''s always taking photos of Amber whenever she does anything. I''ll try and get him to email me the photos so I can post one. I decided to stay in and study tonight instead of going out as I might be going to a bbq tomorrow if the weather keeps up.

Steph-mmm that sushi sounds lovely. Enjoy your date tonight.

Rod-sorry to hear that yesterday was an off day. Hope that today is better. That must have been so awkward having to sit there for dinner with that couple.

Skippy-hopefully your weather keeps up! Glad that you enjoyed the sushi last night. I love eating out for dinner although it''s so expensive eating out over here. Amber''s such a bad guard dog-she just doesn''t have it in her. She loves everyone!

Something-that''s great that your sister''s prom went well and that you''re enjoying the yoga!

Well I''m back to the books, talk to you all tomorrow morning!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, when you lived in the Orlando area did you ever go out to eat at Charley''s Steakhouse? It is Adam''s bday next week and he loves a good steak and several people have mentioned this place and just wondered if you ever went. Thanks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! I’ve been working on laundry today, finishing up some odds and ends on things and made lasagna. My husband said it was horrible so he ate 3 helpings so someone else wouldn’t have to eat it. Tee hee. Now he is suffering with a bowl of mixed fruit and some cheese and crackers for supper. If we don’t eat something we’ll get hungry later and want something to eat. I’ll get us a bowl of slow churned in awhile. I walked 30 minutes on the treddie again.
Bee, what day is you last exam this week? How awful to have your house broken in to – that would be very scary. I am very excited closing in on my next pound.
Steph, I hope you had fun on your movie date. I’d be looking forward to margarita night next month. The best part about a pan of lasagna is we get so many meals out of it. I hope you get time to make some soon.
Rod, sorry you had an uncomfortable dinner and didn’t care for the food. It sounds like you are wise to stay away from both that couple and type of food. We are quite used to hurricane force gusts here, you should see the sides of the highways after a storm like that – there are semi’s turned over every few miles. Aak, that would be awful.
Skippy, we didn’t even eat out this weekend. I can control my calories so much easier when I know exactly what is in my food. We usually go out to supper one night a week and that’s plenty. Yay for having a nice bike ride yesterday. The wind here is usually pretty bad.
Somethingshiny, that’s great your sister’s prom went well. Yes, times have certainly changed for proms. We have water restrictions here too but they allow flower pot watering from a jug so I store up on empty milk jugs to water my flower pots.
I’m off to dish up our slow churned. Yummy.
Have a great evening.
35.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s, I''m back from visiting my best friend in New jersey all week. She needed a personal assistant to help her with wedding plans and about 50 other things and flew me out last minute this past Tuesday. We had a very productive week and she feels less overwhelmed, plus we got to spend some quality friend time together. I even got to go with her to help her justify her wedding band purchase, she has an engagement ring that requires a curved band and she would have had to have it custom made but she found one that fit perfectly in a mall store and wanted to make sure she wasn''t getting ripped off. So as her "personal assistant" I got to be a nanny/housekeeper/wedding planner/diamond expert/invitation calligrapher/friend all in one week. It was exhausting but fun.

I have nothing to report on the workout front...but I do have two interviews set up for Tuesday. One is a second interview I got called back for, and the other is for a luxury goods retailer at the same mall. I''m excited about both of them, and I''m feeling pretty confident going in that I will get an offer from one or both of them by the end of this week.

Hope everyone has had a good week, I haven''t had a chance to read the thread yet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Monnie, how wonderful to go help your friend. I am sure you were very helpful to her and how fun to get to go wedding band shopping on top of it. Good luck vibes and best wishes coming your way for the interviews on Tuesday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, we had spinach lasagna too. hehe
9.gif

Monnie, best wishes Tuesday!
12.gif

Bee, happy studying! You will laugh but I begged my sister to give me her dog and of course she said no but it was worth trying
2.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Monnie~ I just wanted to say Welcome back and Good Luck on Tues. btw-glad your trip was so productive. Sounds like fun!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

We had a much nicer day than yesterday. After writing this morning we headed out and had a nice cup of coffee under the oak, then headed to the gym and just buried ourselves in our workout. Exercising really is my salvation and makes me feel so good. We fixed a nice dinner at home, then had coffee, but came home in time to see DHW and Brothers and Sisters. Nothing really planned for tomorrow as it''s a day off from the gym. Maybe we''ll take a walk or go for a skate instead.

I''m glad you enjoyed your Sushi skippy! And I hope you got to enjoy your spinach lasagna outisde tonight! I was surprised we didn''t have a confrontation with the couple last night. Like I said, loooooong story, but the husband, who was once our boss (yes, over both me and Charlie), has quite a temper and if he ever saw us again, I really expected him to tell us to go ''F'' ourselves and just walk out. Fortunately, he didn''t, but the whole thing was just surreal........

SS, I''m sure your flowers will be beautiful. I''m surprised they let you water every other day during a drought. Here in Florida, they only permit watering ONCE a week. Fortunately for us, the summer is our rainy season, so even though it''s blistering hot, it''s also pretty wet.

bee* we''d love to see a pic of Amber in the water up to her waist!! I''m glad you had such lovely weather and could be outdoors!

Steph, it sounds familiar, but I realized that it''s been 18 years since we lived in Orlando. Good Lord, where does time go?? Anyway, I think it had a good reputation if I recall correctly. But, I see that you have a Capital Grill in Orlando and I know it''s an outstanding steak house as we have one in Tampa. Just google Capital Grill Orlando and you can read about it. At least I can recommend that based on more current experience.

What a shame that Marty had to eat three helpings of your spinach lasagna Marcy!!!! LOL I''m sure it was wonderful. Yay for 30 minutes on the treadie. Congratulations for getting up to 30 minutes!! WAY TO GO!! Oh my on the wind blowing trucks over. I guess every area of the country has it''s own unique weather issues, right?!

Hey Monnie! It sounds like you had a great time helping your friend in NJ. and I can''t wait to hear about your offers this week. HOW WONDERFUL!!! Nothing much going on for me, but something will have to come up at some point. At least I have to believe it will..........

I guess that does it for me for this Sunday. I hope everyone had a super weekend and has a great week coming up. Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am actually ready for bed an hour early. Woo hoo! I am done grading papers so maybe I’ll sleep more than about 6 hours tonight. Yippee.
Skippy, it must be the day for lasagna. My niece said she bought the ingredients today to make lasagna tomorrow.
Rod, I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow from the gym. Every time you mention skating I can just see me crashing and burning on skates. I could trip over a piece of lint – I am that klutzy. I am pretty excited to be walking 30 minutes on the treadmill. My knees are a bit more achy but I will continue with the 30 minutes to see if that changes. Yes, I am sure every region has unique weather issues. We are windy and dry here with cold winters and hot summers.

Well, I will see you guys in next week’s thread.
35.gif
I’ve got 2 more days of school left. Yippee!
36.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy, Skippy, somethingshiny, and Rod! I actually tried several times during the week to check this thread and post but only had a few minutes here and there.

Marcy, the mention of lasagna made me want to post again...we went to Friday''s for dinner (haven''t been to one of those in a million years) this week and I had the BEST veggie entree. It was sliced eggplant breaded and deep fried topped with a caprese "salad" of skinny long lasagne noodles with sliced grape tomatos, basil, and fresh mozzarella balls in a nice dressing. It was sooo good. Probably not very calorie-friendly, but absolutely enjoyable. Most places make a mess of an eggplant dish but this was really well done. I think I will try to replicate it at home sometime!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, our TGIF closed. I guess it wasn''t getting enough business and then one day I drove by and it was gone. Sounds yummy, glad you had a fun trip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results