shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th April till 4th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my fellow WWT’ers. I hope you had a great day.
36.gif

Skippy, sorry you had such a short night. My allergies are really making me tired. Thank you very much for the nice compliment. Happy Anniversary! I can’t wait to hear about the tram ride. My sister is about the same, thanks.
Linda, I hope your legs are feeling better. I appreciate your kind words about me.
Bee, glad you feel better today. You are working so hard towards your veterinary degree I am sure you’ll be fine. Good luck on your final exam. I am glad to hear I might help inspire your mother – I really hope I can help someone else decide to begin or stay on a journey towards better health. Yay for having some yummy lasagna.
Hi Lorelei. Have you had some nice weather yet? We were in the 70’s today and will be tomorrow then the snow and rain will be back.
Kimi, 7 weeks till you are finished, huh? That is so awesome. Thank you for the lovely compliment. That’s wonderful you guys had a nice walk this evening.
Thanks, Pavelover. I can honestly say this is the first time I have enjoyed wearing spring clothes. I don’t feel self conscious in light clothes or snug clothes. It’s such a change. Good luck finding things you can do during your pregnancy.
Rod, your melted swiss cheese sandwiches always sound so yummy. Glad you had perfect weather there today. Good luck with your phone interview tomorrow. Thank you so much for the excitement and encouragement about my picture and my progress. It is going to be fun having pictures from a year ago as I go along now.
Well, have a great evening.
35.gif

Marcy

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 4:54:24 PM
Author: Skippy123

Off to go mow the lawn. I need a lawn mower emoticon. hehe
9.gif
2.gif

skipmows.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2008 10:35:18 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/29/2008 4:54:24 PM

Off to go mow the lawn. I need a lawn mower emoticon. hehe
9.gif
2.gif
ROFL -- El, *where* do you find these things?!?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I am new to this thread. Sorry if I say anything silly! I really need to lose some weight before the wedding gown comes in and for my health in general.
4.gif
I want to look and feel my best and I definitely don''t right now. It''s especially hard to be motivated to go workout right now considering I am surrounded by finals and a bit overwhelmed (so I am definitely feeling you there bee, one of my friends started crying on me today as well
7.gif
). So wish me some luck on the weight loss journey please! I tried to do some extra walking today and I''ve been trying to take the stairs instead of elevators. I have knee issues so I am supposed to be taking elevators, but I am trying to recondition to stairs. I haven''t been to my knee physical therapy in a while.
40.gif
38.gif
I know it''s bad, but my knees feel a bit better and I am just too busy. Yeah I know I should never be too busy for my health, but there isn''t enough time in the day.

Anyway, ((Hugs)) bee!
5.gif
I am hoping to go swimming tomorrow (weather permitting) or if not to do some time on the bike!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, you rock! What a great icon.
DeeJay, I was thinking the same thing.
SarahLovesJS, welcome to the WWT thread. Good luck on your weight loss journey. How much weight do you want to loose? I have bad knees and have had great luck walking and walking (slowly) on the treadmill. Stairs are killers for me too and my doctor told me to avoid them whenever I can.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 11:00:52 PM
Author: marcyc
SarahLovesJS, welcome to the WWT thread. Good luck on your weight loss journey. How much weight do you want to loose? I have bad knees and have had great luck walking and walking (slowly) on the treadmill. Stairs are killers for me too and my doctor told me to avoid them whenever I can.

Hello! Short term or long term? Right now..5-10 lbs would be great. Eventually? Uh about 75-100.
14.gif
By next May (so a year from now) I''d like to lose about 45-50 lbs.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The tram was wonderful; the views were amazing!!! I mowed part of the lawn and then it lost power (electric mower) I went to charge it and it cord broke. Half mowed lawn, oh boy. hehe
37.gif
Thank you Ellen for the emoticon xoxox

IMGskip2414.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sunset view from the tram. Thanks for the anni wishes!!!

IMGskip2513.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Skippy123 Great photo! Sorry about the half-mowed lawn. At least it has character!
31.gif

ETA: Wow I just saw the second photo, that's breathtaking!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Sarah!! Eat healthy and workout and it works!!! Hey you are a half glass is full kind of gal; I like that re:half mowed lawn having character.
2.gif

Marcy, I am sorry about your sister.

Rod, yummy to the Chicken Noodle soup! Yay for the interview tomorrow! Sending PS dust to you!

Kimi, yay for the workout!

DeeJay, isn't Ellen so much fun w/her emoticons!!! hehe Is the migraine gone? Thankies Ellen
35.gif
super cute emoticon!!!

Hubby and I ate a little naughty and then I had some cheetos
11.gif
Okay, lots better tomorrow.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary Skippy. You look adorable as always. Love the view.

Will post tomorrow. Hi all and welcome Sarah. Ellen you crack me up!!!!!

Linda

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 11:11:09 PM
Welcome Sarah!! Eat healthy and workout and it works!!! Hey you are a half glass is full kind of gal; I like that re:half mowed lawn having character.
2.gif

Thank you and thank you Linda W. I am going to work on the eating healthy thing, the first thing for me has been to cut out most sodas. I drink way to many, I am also trying to cut out my caffeine in general since it's not so good. I am trying to drink more water and milk and juice! Next step: To eat more. I don't eat enough. 2 meals a day usually and then I end up snacking on bad things like homemade brownie sundaes (I love to bake!). I also need to get FI on board, he doesn't seem to understand that when we cook dinner we don't both need huge hamburgers. We should probably split what one of us eats at the most. Even if we are using the lean meat.
5.gif
So, I think I might end up eating a bad dinner tomorrow (we are ordering out and I have a final the next day), but I am going to try to make up for it with a better breakfast and lunch if that's possible.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Linda, you are so sweet!

Thank you Sarah! Yes, eat 3 meals a day or 5 or 6 mini meals. Check out sparkpeople too; it is good source for tracking calories and the right foods. I think try not to drink juice and eat fresh fruit instead to get my fruits. Veggies are filling. Sounds like you have a good plan cutting out sodas for sure!!! Also eating more meals; that should help lots!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 11:21:14 PM
Thank you Linda, you are so sweet!

Thank you Sarah! Yes, eat 3 meals a day or 5 or 6 mini meals. Check out sparkpeople too; it is good source for tracking calories and the right foods. I think try not to drink juice and eat fresh fruit instead to get my fruits. Veggies are filling. Sounds like you have a good plan cutting out sodas for sure!!! Also eating more meals; that should help lots!!!

Hey that brings me to a question actually. Do you know of a good way to get veggie support without having to eat a ton of veggies? I am a bad person I don''t
30.gif
most veggies.
14.gif
I like corn..which is not so good..and um..lettuce..I like lettuce there''s something.
40.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 11:25:55 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

Hey that brings me to a question actually. Do you know of a good way to get veggie support without having to eat a ton of veggies? I am a bad person I don't
30.gif
most veggies.
14.gif
I like corn..which is not so good..and um..lettuce..I like lettuce there's something.
40.gif
Sarah, I try hard everyday to get 5 fruits/veggies into my diet. You could mix salad w/spinach and add tomatos and that could be 2 servings of veggies. Corn is good; it is low cal and filling just doen't put lots of butter on it. Sometimes I spray 5 squirts of I can't believe it isn't butter. I also like to steam broccoli and maybe you could melt extra sharp cheddar (small amount) on your broccoli. You could grill up eggplant and red/green peppers on the grill if you make burgers. I love to make veggie soups too to get my veggies in for the day. Look at the sparkpeople website; it should give you some good ideas. Hope that helps and others will chime in w/their ideas too
35.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 11:31:16 PM

Hey that brings me to a question actually. Do you know of a good way to get veggie support without having to eat a ton of veggies? I am a bad person I don''t
30.gif
most veggies.
14.gif
I like corn..which is not so good..and um..lettuce..I like lettuce there''s something.
40.gif
Sarah, I try hard everyday to get 5 fruits/veggies into my diet. You could mix salad w/spinach and add tomatos and that could be 2 servings of veggies. Corn is good; it is low cal and filling just doen''t put lots of butter on it. Sometimes I spray 5 squirts of I can''t believe it isn''t butter. I also like to steam broccoli and maybe you could melt extra sharp cheddar (small amount) on your broccoli. You could grill up eggplant and red/green peppers on the grill if you make burgers. I love to make veggie soups too to get my veggies in for the day. Look at the sparkpeople website; it should give you some good ideas. Hope that helps and others will chime in w/their ideas too
35.gif

Sounds great, thank you!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, short term goals have worked well for me. Going for 10 pounds first is a great place to start. Loosing one to two pounds a week is a very reasonable weight loss. I love cola and sure miss it but I save it as an occasional weekend treat. I rarely drink juice – you can get a lot of fruit for the same calories. There are some great websites to help you plan diets, count calories, etc. Let us know if we can point you in any direction. It took my husband over a year to start to watch what he eats and now we split a lot of food if we go out. It makes it nice. Good luck with getting your FI on board. Skippy suggested sparkpeople – it’s a great website.
Skippy, great photos and I always enjoy seeing you and your lovely smile. Glad you had some great food today – including cheetos. Mmm.
Hi Linda. I hope you had a great day.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Good evening, everyone!
35.gif

I had a GREAT workout today ... It just felt terrific!
36.gif
Bad food day but great workout day. Oh well, as they say, Rome wasn''t built in a day, right?
4.gif

Skippy ~ I love the robe you made (umm, talented much, anyone?) and those terrific pictures! The sunset is gorgeous but you sure do give it a run for its money! Fantastic picture and I bet that smile just lights up a room.
9.gif

I did join WW .. last week was my first weigh in.
38.gif
Ok, so I''m now over the fact that I have gained a small child''s worth of weight in the last year and a half or so, well ... kind of over it, anyways, and I''m trying to get my food prep & planning act together. Last weekend was a spectacularly bad weekend for this as some family planned a dinner for me and FI on Saturday night and some friends took us out for dim sum on Sunday! Yes, it was delicious but my food plan is way off track and I have NOT made much food progress this week. I''m still working at it though and still on track with my work outs so not all is lost, right? I''ll keep you updated. I have a weigh in tomorrow ... anyone else here that doom music ?? ... dum di dumdum, dum, di dumdum DUM!
40.gif

Sarah ~ Welcome to WWT!

Thanks to everyone else for their continued encouragement and praise for my small wins!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkalicious, yay for a great workout! Good luck with WW.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Awww! Thanks, Marcy ... you''re so sweet!
35.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 12:25:00 AM
Author: marcyc
Sarah, short term goals have worked well for me. Going for 10 pounds first is a great place to start. Loosing one to two pounds a week is a very reasonable weight loss. I love cola and sure miss it but I save it as an occasional weekend treat. I rarely drink juice – you can get a lot of fruit for the same calories. There are some great websites to help you plan diets, count calories, etc. Let us know if we can point you in any direction. It took my husband over a year to start to watch what he eats and now we split a lot of food if we go out. It makes it nice. Good luck with getting your FI on board. Skippy suggested sparkpeople – it’s a great website.

Skippy, great photos and I always enjoy seeing you and your lovely smile. Glad you had some great food today – including cheetos. Mmm.

Hi Linda. I hope you had a great day.

Thanks again everyone! I really like the website so far, any others you like?
1.gif
I am always open to suggestions! I know FI wants to eat healthy but to him eating healthy seems to be getting veggie pizza over pepperoni. Okay, it''s a step, but it''s still not a healthy lunch to have only pizza and coke. So thanks for wishing me luck there, I need it!
19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2008 11:31:16 PM

30.gif
most veggies.
14.gif
40.gif
You aren''t alone as neither do I.
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday everyone. I have my review session with my trainer at the gym this morning and then it''s into the library to study for a few hours and then I have to go to work. I took Amber out for a nice, long walk last night and it really cleared my head.

Skippy-glad to hear that your lawn will be nice and mowed! I''m a rubbish daughter at the moment-I''m never home
3.gif
Those photos are amazing! You''re so pretty.

Kimberley-glad you enjoyed your walk!

Rod-I''ve just eaten breakfast but now I''m craving a turkey and melted swiss cheese sandwich-damn you
9.gif
I am still in awe at how you do a three hour workout-wow!! Do you mind me asking what you do during the three hours-is it mostly cardio or are there quite a lot of weights involved? Hope Charlie''s dentist appointment went well. I am definitely my harshest critic-D was telling me not to be also! I can''t help it-I''m such a worrier.

Marcy-thank you! You have definitely inspired my mother. She was only talking about your pictures a minute ago about how well you''re doing! The lasagna was definitely yummy-although I held back on having seconds
12.gif

Ellen-I love that lawn mower emotion.

Sarah-sorry to hear about your knees and that you are immersed in exams also. It''s so hard to fit in exercise when you feel that you should be studying 24 hours a day. Thanks for the hugs-sending them right back! I find it hard to fit in my five a day veg also. I tend to snack on fruit during the day at college. I usually have a banana at about 11 and then with my lunch I''ll have some mandarins and an apple. Then I usually have some salad or veg with my dinner. I''m on weight watchers also so I tend to find that good for helping me lose the weight.

Spark-best of luck with your weigh-in! I had the same feeling when I went to my first weigh in. I couldn''t believe how much I''d put on
14.gif
. The main thing is that you have acknowledged it and that you know what you have to do. There will always be bad weekends and I''ve had many myself but just try and make next weekend a better one.

Talk to you all later!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 10:40:56 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

I have my sources. *rubs hands together evily*

Actually, this came from a link Lorelei gave me.
9.gif

You''re welcome Skippers!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2008 8:29:38 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/29/2008 10:40:56 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

I have my sources. *rubs hands together evily*

Actually, this came from a link Lorelei gave me.
9.gif

You''re welcome Skippers!
Hee!! Glad it was useful!
face20.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, I’m in a few discussion teams on sparkpeople I like really but I am most active on this one. Many of us make low cal or low fat pizza so that could be a good way to start getting FI to eat healthier.
Lorelei, I am with you – I don’t like many cooked veggies and very few raw veggies. I love most fruit though.
Bee, yay for having a nice long walk with Amber to clear your head. That is awesome to hear your mom is still thinking about my progress. You can tell her if I can do it – anyone can.
Ellen, you crack me up.
Have a great day!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 8:32:37 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hee!! Glad it was useful!
face20.gif
It was.
41.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Welcome, Sarah! To get more veggies in I''d suggest you experiment with soups and chili. You can add things like onions, zuchini, etc. and they add texture but don''t affect the taste much if veggies just aren''t your thing. I''d also start trying things you haven''t before. I hated brussel sprouts until I learned how to roast them, now they are one of my favorite foods.

Great emoticon, Ellen.

Beautiful pictures, Skippy, and a Happy (belated) Anniversary, again. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Good luck on the interview today, Rod.

We''re going out to dinner tonight, probably to a Cuban/Floridian place we haven''t been to in a while. Yum. Weight is fine, maintaining around 125, which is great.

Have a wonderful day all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; I am off the the gym to do some cardio. Thanks all for the sweet anniversary wishes; dinner was nice, the tram was nice and best of all I have a great hubby; thanks all. hehe Then taking my sis to the airport and doing a barbecue for dinner and having a friend (the one who painted the painting for me) over tonight. Have a great day all
35.gif

Linda how is the weather out there?

Sarah, I thought of another way to get your veggies. Trader Joe's has this wonderful veggie stirfly that I use and then add shrimp w/teriyaki sauce. Lots of good for you veggies and oh so yummy! I only lose 1 lb a week. I like the dailyplate too for nutrition info and Weight Watchers for meal ideas or recipes.

Marcy, I am jealous you lose 2 lbs a week; it is only 1 lbs for me, boo hoo.
2.gif
thanks for the compliment!! Your poor sister I am so sorry; I never heard of it lasting that long.

Sparkalicious, ah, you are so sweet thank you. Well, for me writing down all I eat makes the difference. Good job for the workouts!!!

Ellen, Lorelei, cute emoticons!

Bee, best wishes on your tests and thanks for the compliments! You are too kind. Glad you had a great walk!

Rod, sending you PS dust today!!!

Kimi, I am taking my sister to the airport today; she is going to La Jolla (I am so jealous). I bet you all are having wonderful weather; I wish I were going. I wonder how my nephew will do on the plane.
37.gif
Oooh, Cuban, yum, enjoy! Thanks for the compliment!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Okay yeah I know it's 1 pm but I tried to get some extra sleep since I won't get 8 hrs tonight, woo!

bee Hello! Glad to see we can be stressed together, woo! Lucky for me I do love fruit, so I think I am going to take an apple with me today for my lunchish type thing. My Mom just started WW and she is loving it. My Mom and I did WW years ago together when I was in HS I believe. I lost some weight on it, it definitely worked for me. Maybe I should try again!
Lorelei Glad to hear I am not alone!!
36.gif
Haha. Well FI hates anything green when it comes to food, but he even tends to be more flexible than me.

marcyc I definitely think that will be the first step: to get FI to take food from home to lunch. He insists that walking from the office to buy the pizza or to Five Guys even (woah) discounts the fatty food. And I'm not talking bad about him when I say that 10-15 lbs he's gained since he started working there proves that wrong! Hehe. I told him that with all the love of course. I gained a bunch over the holidays and then the Girl Scout Cookie fiasco! He has tried to cut out fries mostly out of his diet, which is good I think. But I am begging him to let me cook something for him to take or for him to cook something to take then we can work out together later. I will keep trying!
12.gif

KimberlyH I love soups, so that sounds good to me! FI's grandma made this really good white turkey chili I think that was what she called it. I will call her and get the recipe.

Skippy123 I don't think we have a Trader Joe's, but I keep hearing about it and it looks so good! Sigh. Well, I will look for something similar at our local stores.
5.gif

Sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong and have a great day or afternoon at this point! I am off to study, go a review session, and come back to eat dinner.
1.gif
Is it okay to go workout after dinner if you're going to bed super late? So if we eat dinner around 7, but go work out around 9?

ETA: I just looked Skippy and it looks like they're opening a Trader Joe's near my hometown! Maybe it'll be open this summer when I am home from college, woo!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results