shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28th April till 4th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! I know I haven't been around PS much lately but I have been reading whenever I have time. I have maintained my 20 lb loss but haven't lost any more in about a year really. I am OK with where I'm at and I think I am continue to build my muscle and strength. I'm starting to train for some triathlons and that will probably jump start losing a few more lbs. I have 20 ish to go. I am actually pretty happy with how I look except for a bunch of fat in the stomach and some on my thighs.

Lately I have just been craving sugar so much. Does anyone have any tips? I think I may be best to avoid sweets entirely b/c it is hard for me to just have a little. I've had a donut and quite a lot of frozen yogurt this week, and a few squares of chocolate and I just keep thinking about sweets all the time. This is not how I usually eat. I need to back off or I will gain weight!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday, everyone!
35.gif

Checking in with good news! Had my 2nd WW weigh in today and, somehow, I''m down 2.4 pounds!
23.gif
9.gif
23.gif
36.gif
I know that this had nothing to do with my stuffing my face this past weekend, however, I''ll take it and use it as inspiration to keep up the momentum.
16.gif

You''re welcome Skippy & Thanks for the weigh-in good luck wish, bee ... It worked!
2.gif

Oh Kim - roasted brussel sprouts sounds yummy! I hated brussel sprouts when I was little as well and now I think that they are great! Thanks for the tip! Good for you for maintaining your weight and have a great time at dinner tonight ... sounds as though it will be DEElicious. Have some for me.
12.gif

Tandogmom -- Keep up the good work!
36.gif
About your sugar cravings ... not sure what to suggest ... maybe give into a little whatever it is that you are "really" craving and just workout some more to balance it out? Not the greatest suggestion but I find that if I am craving something really badly, if I don''t give into it, it will just plague me and I will end up bingeing on it. Have a little, see if that works and keeps you on track. Good luck!
35.gif
I''m sure someone else will have a better or more effective suggestion for you.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........

Somewhat frustrating day. The morning was wonderful. Lovely weather and we enjoyed breakfast on the terrace and had our usual healthy lunch at home. Since I was scheduled to have a phone interview at 4, I wanted to get out early. So we ate lunch earlier, so we could still manage to enjoy coffee under the oak. I was at the gym by 1 PM and while I couldn't do everything I typically do, I did manage to have a very strong 2 hour workout. In some ways, it could have been more beneficial, as I really didn't have the time to dally from set to set. And, since I was running out of time, I was only able to do 25 minutes on the elliptical, so I pushed as hard as I could and burned a respectable 412 calories and traveled over 3.85 miles in those 25 minutes. Of course in order to do so, I had to keep the pace at or above 95 RPM, so I was pedaling about as fast as I could the entire time. Then I came home to prepare for my phone screen and was ready at 4, but the phone didn't ring. Finally at 4:25 the call came and they had to reschedule for tomorrow morning. Agggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! It's so frustrating to be prepared only to have the time rescheduled. At least I was very gracious to the interviewer, who was very apologetic. Maybe I got extra points for being flexible. We're having Charlie's chicken meatloaf for dinner, then heading out to enjoy the lovely weather and a cup of decaf under the oak later.

Lot's of posts today, and I'm afraid I can't comment to everyone.

I did want to welcome Sarah to our healthy thread. Sarah you commented you don't really like veggies and wondered how to incorporate them into your diet without really eating them. How about drinking them? We've recently discovered a vegeable drink from R. W. Knudsen family called Very Veggie and we buy the low sodium version. It's very high in veggies and includes beet juice which has been shown to lower blood pressure while giving you lot's of nutrients that are healthy for you. It doesn't taste like V8 or anything, but is good none-the-less and only has about 50 milligrams of sodium per 8 oz serving. You'll likely find this drink at health food stores. We 'googled' Knudsen and found where they sell it in Tampa. Anyway, welcome!

bee* you asked about my marathon 3 hour workouts. Believe me, when I first started Rebuild Rod about 2.5 years ago, there was no way I could do what I do today. It's taken a long time to build up the stamina to handle my workouts. But here's essentially what I do:

The first 30 minutes of every workout is pure core exercises. This includes back extensions, situps, and a variety of core exercises I learned from a bood by Mark Verstegen called Core Performance Essentials. It has strengthened my back muscles so much which used to be really weak.

Then I do at least 1.5 hours of weight training. I bounce all over the gym working virtually every muscle group on my body. I work my upper body the hardest as the elliptical does a good job on my legs, but I also do squats, weighted squats and other leg machines to keep the leg muscles good and toned. I also do no less than 60 pushups every workout, plus 3 sets each of unassisted dips and chinups (15 dips each, then 12 chinups each alternating dips and chinups).

Finally, Cardio Cardio Cardio. I always end ever workout with the elliptical. My goal is really to just work my heart hard. So, I typically (time permitting) do 35 pretty intense minutes on the elliptical with a goal of burning no less than 550 calories and traveling as close to 5 miles as I can. I find that I pretty routinely do about a 7 minute mile on the elliptical.

So, that's the routine for me.

Skippy!! I just melt when I see your sweet smiling face. That husband of yours is a lucky man to have such a warm, lovely and loving wife! The sunset view was just spectacular. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Dinner tonight at the Cuban/Floridian restaurant sounds great Kimberly. If we can't find jobs in Tampa and our condo sells first, we may actually consider relocating to San Diego. I think I'd really like it there if I can't find a way to stay in Tampa.

Hey Gail, it's so nice to hear from you!! You shouldn't be such a stranger. On your question about sugar cravings, I'm thinking you'd gain weight if you gave into them too often. But, I also wonder if something could be causing those cravings? You might want to have your glucose levels checked to make sure there's no imbalance. Just a thought. Anyway, glad you are doing well and I hope we see you more often!!

Very cute emoticon Ellen!!

Congratulations on the weight loss Spark! YAY for you!!

Hey to anyone I may have missed. Time to go eat our Chicken Meatloaf - Yummmmm!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I''m thrilled to report that that headache is mostly gone, so that is a big relief. Sparkalicious, that is very interesting about the allergies -- thank you so much for posting that! Truly, that description fits my headace to a tee, and since spring is FINALLY arriving here I wonder if that might not be it. Today I am having sinus pressure, so I think you are spot on.

This morning I got up early to go to the gym before my closing. I had hoped to do my regular 65 mins but by the time I finally got over there I only had time for 45, but I guess that''s better than nothing.

I had sushi for lunch, and just random other things today (a pouch of mini oreos, baked lays with hummus, that sort of snacky stuff). I probably won''t have much of a dinner because I have an inspection starting at 5:30, but the HH got me some new chicken breast things from Costco that I want to try out so maybe I''ll have one of those.

BTW, I wanted to repost my question about the shin splint thing in case people missed it at the end of last week. My client said there is something at her gym they call a "bob." It is triangular and you can use it one way to stretch your calves, but flip it around the other way for your shins, and it sounds like it might rock too. Does anyone know what I''m talking about? I would really like to get one of these...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome, Deejay! Try some allergy + sinus, as opposed to just allergy pills (don''t know which brand to recommend for you but Reactine works really well for me!) ... Haven''t had a hint of "sinus" or "migraine" headache pain since I started taking them, when needed.
9.gif
I hope it works for you!

Rod - Sorry about your disappointment today. That''s just the way the cookie crumbles, right ... as they say... "the beat laid plans ..." Annoying but good on you for dealing with it graciously! Good luck w/the phone interview tomorrow. I''m with you and hope that the interviewer has placed some brownie points under your name for being so pleasant and flexible. All I can say to your workout regime is ... wow! You''re awesome!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 5:28:51 PM
Author: Rod

I did want to welcome Sarah to our healthy thread. Sarah you commented you don''t really like veggies and wondered how to incorporate them into your diet without really eating them. How about drinking them? We''ve recently discovered a vegeable drink from R. W. Knudsen family called Very Veggie and we buy the low sodium version. It''s very high in veggies and includes beet juice which has been shown to lower blood pressure while giving you lot''s of nutrients that are healthy for you. It doesn''t taste like V8 or anything, but is good none-the-less and only has about 50 milligrams of sodium per 8 oz serving. You''ll likely find this drink at health food stores. We ''googled'' Knudsen and found where they sell it in Tampa. Anyway, welcome!

Thank you!! I will google this, FI would be willing to drink it, too I bet. Well everyone I had a decent breakfast and an apple for snack, but went downhill at dinner.
14.gif
Oh well, right? I did some extra exercise today, I took the stairs instead of the elevator 90% of the time (still used the elevator twice), but I got a little winded so that means I was doing something! Thanks again for the support.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh -- please forgive me for not welcoming Sarah before!
35.gif

(Senility at 37 is a terrible thing... )

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 8:50:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh -- please forgive me for not welcoming Sarah before!
35.gif

(Senility at 37 is a terrible thing... )

No need to apologize! Everyone is so nice.
4.gif
36.gif
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I haven't gotten very far on the posts yet, but, I wanted to give my shout outs now.

Skippy~ Happy Anniversary, Great job on the robe--love the surfboard fabric, and thanks for the WW tips. Hey, we're in the market for a new mower, too! And, WHITWHOO (that's a whistle) Hubba hubba! beautiful photo!!

Marcy~ Everytime I see your photos, I'm just in awe of you. You have will power that I have never known.

Rod~ I need to figure out where the "uber" stores around here, for some window shopping
2.gif
. Good luck with your phone screening.

Welcome Sarah!

Thanks to all of you who shared info on the pasta! I think I better start with it in spaghetti and see how DH does with that. Chewy and a new flavor! He's likely to croak! (he's the pickiest person I know)

And, thanks for all the well wishes for JT. Pleased to report that today he's feeling so much better. He's finally eating again. He's had a half piece of toast, some applesauce, mozz cheese on two bites of spaghetti (all day). He actually lost five pounds last week, and considering that's 1/6 of his body weight, we were a bit nervous. But, he's much better so all is well!

Missed yoga this morning due to a "lady appointment"--just didn't feel like doing yoga after that...Will be back on track tomorrow!

Oh, and I'm easing off the Diet Dew. I only had one today. My head hurts...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great day.
Kimi, yay for maintaining at 125. That is great. I hope you had a great dinner tonight.
Skippy, we had burgers cooked on the grill for supper today too. They were quite tasty. Don’t be jealous, lately I’ve been gaining and loosing the same pound or two over three to four weeks then I loose about 3 or 4 pounds. It is frustrating. You are doing great loosing a pound a week. I feel pretty bad for my sister, she really got hurt.
Sarah, good plan to join WW again – especially since you and your mom can work on it together. Good idea to keep trying on getting your FI to eat healthier food. I avoided the girl scout cookie fiasco by not buying any this year. I love those thin mints.
TanDogMom, yay for maintaining your weight loss. I am lucky in that I can eat a small amount of sweets and stop. I know some people say by eating something sweet it will make you crave it more.
Sparkalicious, congratulations for loosing 2.4 pounds. Yippee!
Rod, I am so sorry they postponed your interview until tomorrow. Rats. You certainly pushed yourself at the gym and burned a lot of calories. Your chicken meatloaf sounds great. Good luck with your phone interview in the morning.
DeeJay, glad to hear your headache is mostly gone. I get horrible sinus headaches from allergies. Yuck! That’s great you had time for the gym this morning.
Somethingshiny, thank you for the very kind compliment. I have will power I never thought I’d have either. Really. I am probably as picky if not pickier than your husband. It drives Marty crazy. I don’t venture away from bland or familiar foods too often. Glad to hear JT is doing better.
Well, I must go grade papers.
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicken meatloaf was great at usual accompanied by steamed carrots and broccoli. I used to hate broccoli, but since turning the healthy leaf in my life, I actually quite enjoy it now. I think of it is mental. Once you decide something is good for you, the taste buds seem to be more receptive too! Then we decided to have FroYo for dessert (I had green tea with fresh blueberries), followed by coffee under the oak. Since we''re such regulars (can you say twice a day??) one of the baristas was celebrating their birthday and they had saved us a piece of birthday cake, so of course we couldn''t be rude and not eat it, but I must admit that I did NOT enjoy the cake or the icing (too sickly sweet to me) at all.

DeeJay, I''m not familiar with the "bob," triangular shin splint healing device you asked about. We use these tubular (actually, like pool flotation tubes) at the gym to roll sore muscles, etc on and have found the tubes to be very effective. They sell them at most sports stores. Otherwise, sorry I can''t help you. Glad youre headache is mostly gone now!

Thanks Spark! You''re right the best laid plans...........Oh and I wouldn''t say we''re awesome (blush). Obsessive is probably a more descriptive word for us!! LOL

Sarah, I hope you can find the Very Veggie juice in your town.

SS, I got a laugh out of you wanting to find stores that cater to the "uber''s" in your area!! LOL Thanks for the phone screen good wishes!

Yummm, burgers on the grill sound so good Marcy. I used to eat a lot of red meat, but have cut waaaay back. But a burger sounds so good. I think I''ll have to have a hamburger soon! Thanks for the good wishes too!

I hope everyone sleeps well and is looking forward to a nice and healthy Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I eat a lot of beef - it''s one of the few meats that I''m not allergic to; I at least go for the lean and extra lean cuts. I can now safely say that whatever I''m doing must work. Tee hee. I''ll be thinking of you when I''m getting ready for work and sending a lot of good luck vibes your way during your phonerview.

Good news, I just talked to my sister and she said she almost feels like normal again. She''s slept good for a few nights, her head still hurts when she bends over but she thinks it a combination that it doesn''t hurt as much and she''s getting used to it. She even drove in to town today and didn''t have any problems doing that. Her taste and smell have not returned. It was 6 weeks ago Monday she got knocked down.

I''m off to sweet dream land.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I''ve never heard of this shin splint thing you''re talking about; sorry I can''t be of any help.

Rod, sorry about your frustrating rescheduled interview.

Spark, congrats on lbs. lost! Feels great, eh?

Skippy, that picture of you is gorgeous.

Marcy, I''m glad your sister is feeling better.

Yesterday was long as we had a staff meeting after school, I had/have a ton of papers to correct and my cooperating teacher and I had a loooooong discussion after school. Came home, turned around and headed out for dinner and then came back home and crashed. For dinner I had 1.5 tacos, once I pulled them apart, about 1/2 my rice and beans for dinner. It was yummy. I''m being observed today, it should go better than last time. At least I hope it will!
40.gif

I''m going to visit my sister and nephew this weekend as they had to cancel last weekend. I leave straight after school tomorrow and will be home on Sunday. Should be lots of fun.

Have a great Thursday, all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. I met my trainer yesterday and she''s given me a kick ass routine for the next 8 weeks. Actually I''d say that I won''t have an ass left if I can do all the exercise that she wants me to do
9.gif
I had to go to the farm this morning for our animal handling revision class as we have our handling exam next week. So tired after all the fresh air.

Marcy-you''re definitely inspiring my mother. Enjoy grading the papers. That''s great news that your sister is feeling almost back to normal.

Kimberley-glad to hear that you''re maintaining your weight!

Skippy-glad to hear that your anniversary went well! Thank for the good luck. Best of luck at your WW meeting!

Sarah-we can definitely be stressed together! I was on WW years ago too. I do find it very helpful though and it''s working so far!

TanDog-glad to hear that you''re maintaining your weight loss. That''s great news.

Spark-
36.gif
36.gif
delighted to hear about your weight loss
36.gif
36.gif

Rod-thanks a million for going through your work out. Wow-you do so much!!! I think that I need to add a couple more weights to mine. I used to be able to do the elliptical for so long but now that I''m out of practice I get tired so quickly on it! Sorry to hear about your phone interview yesterday! Best of luck with it this morning. Knock em dead!

Dee*Jay-glad to hear that you''re feeling better! 45 mins is definitely better than nothing. I''ve never heard of a bob.

Talk to you all later-I''m off to the library.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

hi all, everyone sounds like they are doing quite well!!!

DJ that thing you talked about sounds like the foam roller things that are all the rage now, they are supposed to be great for stretching out muscles but apparently VERY painful when you use them (since most of the time our muscles are tight and we don''t even realize how tight)...but then people say it feels really good. painful=good? ok. you can buy them at sport stores too.

Rod sorry to hear about your frustrating call...but your day sounded nice overall. also totally random comment but i was just reading an article in a health mag and a DR said that no one should be working out ''multiple hours per day'' regardless of goals. they were saying if that is the case then they are overdoing it and taxing out their body. i thought of you and charlie of course since you guys have the longest workouts i''ve ever heard of....but i know you guys have been doing it for very long. i know you have your days off, but just figured i''d throw it out there in case you ever feel a bit overtired...maybe mix it up with some shorter more intense workouts too.

Nothing new to report here really!! I have zumba and pilates tonite...I''ve graduated on the machines to where I can do 30-45 minutes of pilates on my own which I love doing before a cardio workout. My legs are leaner and more muscled, I pretty much have no jiggle on butt and thighs, wooo!! hehee. TMI i know but fun to share. My body is still changing from week to month ... depending on my workouts and what I am focusing on. Kinda fun, it''s always a challenge.

Happy Thurs all. Can''t wait for the wkd...!! We might start adding hikes back into our weekends.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone...sorry I''ve been MIA this week. Vegas was fun, but work has been crazy. I finally got to walk/jog 30 min last night. And today was a PT with our trainer...we had to switch next Thurs with Tues, and she thought it was this Thurs we couldn''t do, but I still had a great workout.

Also I made one of the veggie pizzas last night from the May Shape, it was really yummy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mara, miss you!!

I just did my cardio, so pleased with myself. Mara, I was reading a magazine and they had the reformer machines in it, it was a celeb fitness interview. They look interesting....
25.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All! I gained 1 lb, boo, but I sort of knew it was coming since I ate a couple of bad meals, but it turned out to be a learning experience in a good way and I can lose it. I think next time I have a better idea of how to do things differently. Tonight is yoga it is an 1hr 1/2 class and I haven't done yoga for a little while so we will see how that goes. Today is incredibly windy and there are some fires out here so my eyes are burning from the mix of wind/allergies/fires, bleh
14.gif
I hope they put out the fires soon.

Dinner was great; we grilled up some chicken and my friend of course was so much fun. She is the type of person that gets you laughing till you cry. hehe
11.gif
Today I went to Bath and Body works and bought some yummy smelling lotions; this time of year is perfect for spring scents I think (it puts me in a good mood and I also feel a wee bit pampered).
3.gif
Have a great day all
emhot.gif

DeeJay, I agree w/Mara the foam roller is painful in a wonderful way
9.gif
11.gif
; the pain lessens as you use it more and more. Sorry, I didn't realize that is what you were talking bout Willis; you can do core too, like sit ups while balancing on it. I love it!! Google it and you can see lots of exercises. Yay for closing; is this the place that took forever to close? Whooo hooo!

Rod, sending you crossed fingers and strong PS dust for the interview today!!! Have a super duper workout today too!!! Thank you for your sweet compliment; I feel the same about you sweetie!

Sparks, that is awesome you lost 2.4 lbs; what do you think happened? Did you cut back on somethings? That is awesome!!! YAY fellow WW! Thanks for your sweet compliments!!!

Sarah, yay for the stairs!!! Kudos!

SomethingShiney, I use to love Diet Dew when I would travel and worked none stop I would drink that stuff like a crazy woman; it also made me a little crazy (jittery) so I was glad to stop drinking it! How is yoga; I will think of you tonight while doing it!!! Thanks for the sweet compliment! Hope JT is feeling better.

Lorelei, good for the workouts!

Marcy, yum to grilled food; I love the stuff! Everything tastes better grilled
3.gif
Well the good thing about losing weight is that we can cheer each other on; you are doing so awesome!! Sorry about your sister too. ETA:Oh thank goodness she is better! I will keep her in my prayers.

Kimberly, I hope school is going well (both teaching and college). Yum tacos, I am so craving them; do you do corn tortillas or tacos? I might try that since we have grilled chicken
1.gif
You will do great today; keep us posted. Thanks for the sweet compliment!

Bee, whoo hoo you are doing awesome; yay for the trainer giving you a hard routine. You will be in awesome shape if you aren't already! Thanks for the anni wishes!

Mara, yay for pilates; we have the reformer classes and I did the beginning pilates so I should try out the reformers too! Yay for tighter behind!

Apple, glad you had a great trip and yay for PT, welcome back!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Skippy, I gained 2 and a half pounds back.
9.gif
I keep going up and down. I think I need to walk more. My allergies have been so bad lately, I don''t want to go outside at all. I have had a sinus headache now, for 3 days. ICK!!
29.gif
You will loose that crummy pound in no time at all.

Marcy: I am so glad your sister is feeling better.

Rod: Please tell us how the phone interview goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I will post more, going to lie down for awhile, to try and get rid of this headache.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 3:43:23 PM
Author: Linda W
Hi all,

Skippy, I gained 2 and a half pounds back.
9.gif
I keep going up and down. I think I need to walk more. My allergies have been so bad lately, I don''t want to go outside at all. I have had a sinus headache now, for 3 days. ICK!!
29.gif
You will loose that crummy pound in no time at all.
Okay, we can do it Linda!!! Darn to the sinus headache, I take sudafed and it helps me. It just dries me out though. I am sorry Linda; you are too sweet for a darn headache. Hope you feel better; have the boys wait on you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lorelei i know they look funny, greg and i used to call them the torture devices!!! but now that i know how to use them, I LOVE IT. i seriously could do pilates all day long. it''s a form of muscle resistance but no impact at all...it''s wonderful. everyone should try it!!!
2.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
well yesterday pretty much sucked. I was sick
7.gif
. I did some light yoga in the later morning just to supple up. But otherwise no workout. Today is a different story. This morning I got up and did over 200 crunches of varying sorts (bicycle, one hand reach, legs and arms) as well as some pilates focused on abs. I then did some weight moves, and then walked for half an hour at a brisk pace. Feeling much better.
Last night I made dinner which was super awesome.
Today when I get home I have to do some running though, I Had a rather terrible fattening lunch.
15.gif
38.gif
7.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have much to report, as I got a nasty upper respiratory infection starting late last week and have been sick ever since
38.gif
. The infection is finally feeling better, but the antibiotics are now making me pretty sick
7.gif
. I haven''t had time to catch up on all the threads here yet, but I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week! Look forward to catching up with everyone soon!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing great. I haven''t eaten very well today, but I am going to try to go do some Wii tennis with FI for 20 minutes and try to move around!
1.gif
Thanks again.
1.gif

bee Actually, I have another proposal. Let''s DE-STRESS together. Haha. I am going to try to abandon stress woo!
Spark That''s great about the weightloss congrats and congrats to Kimberley and TanDog for maintaining weight loss!
Mara Hiking sounds fun!
Skippy Thank you! :) I am sorry about the 1lb gained, but at least it''s you''re using it as a learning experience.
Linda I know you can do it, just keep working at it! :) Man my allergies are killing me, too!
8.gif

dragonfly and Patiently I hope you both are feeling better! Oh and I am glad your Sister is feeling better Marcy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

I just quickly passed through the posts, sorry I can''t respond individually. I''m in a rush.

I had a dr. appt today and I was told I NEED to eat more fiber. So, I thought I was doing well with those wraps and the fruit I eat. Apparently I''m still not getting enough and it''s creating some problems. So, SHARE YOUR FIBER SECRETS!

Marcy~ I''m so glad your sis is doing better!

Bee~ Isn''t it strange how fresh air makes you tired? Good Luck on your handling exam. Just out of curiosity, what are you handling and how are you handling it??

Skippy~ Hope yoga was awesome! I''m still loving mine and I''m able to do nearly everything (except the evil crane!) And, now I can go 30 minutes non-stop, but once I get into the second program, I do have to have a little more breathing time between poses. Still, I''m very pleased with it. It''s so hard for me to cut out the Dew. I had a killer headache this morning and chugged one when I got up!

Dragonfly~ Good grief! Just reading about your crunches made my sides ache!

PW~ Feel better soon!

Have a great tomorrow!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yoga, was awesome;
1.gif
I need to go back again and again like I use to. I realized how much anxiety I carry w/me and it all disappeared, yay!
daydreaming.gif
Sweet dreams all.
12.gif
24.gif

Somethignshiny, my fiber tips. I am a HUGE fiber eater. Fiber One Bars 9 grams fiber, Fiber One Cereal, Gnu Bars 12 grams fiber, Black beans (or any beans)1/2 cup 7 grams fiber, Raspberry's approx 4-5 grams fiber, lentils 6 grams fiber, broccoli 4-5 grams fiber, High Fiber Bread such as Natures Own Double Fiber with is 5 grams a slice, lots of veggies too and berry's. hehe Hope that helps
35.gif
eta: this link should help http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582

Sarah, enjoy Wii tennis; great job!!

Pw, I hope you feel better soon, sorry you are sick.

Dragonfly, Hope you feel better too. Good job on thw workout!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Had another great workout today! Did some cardio by way of the rowing machine and weights focusing on my arms ... I call it my "bat wings be gone" session. Ate fairly decently today as well. Yay!

Nice job, dragonfly! Way to GO! I love that you made a super awesome dinner and that you had such a great workout! 200 crunches and abs-focused Pilates?!
23.gif
Superstar, anyone?! Wow!
9.gif
36.gif

Patiently Waiting - I'm sorry.
7.gif
Been there, done that. This upper respiratory infection that's been going around is a nasty infection indeed. Glad you're feeling better but please do take care ... it has a way of sneaking back up on you. I hope you feel fantastic again soon!
35.gif

Sarah - Thanks!
1.gif
I just played Wii for the first time last weekend ... I had no idea. Depending on how intense it gets, that CAN definitely be a workout! No joking. Have fun and enjoy moving around & burning some calories!

Skippy - 1 lb ... Sucks to see but really ... for you, pshaw!! 1 lb is nothing. Good for you for only being "up" one even without adhering to plan. You wore jeans to your weigh-in, didn't you? ... There's your extra pound.
25.gif

With regards to what I did to lose weight ... Nothing. Stuffed my face all weekend?! It worked ... at least this week it did??! No, actually I attribute it *possibly* to drinking a lot more fluids, due to my lost voice, and maybe losing some water weight? or not being as bloated?? and I've been working out regularly - at least 3 times a week and I'm hoping that maybe some of this hard work is finally catching up with me.

Somethingshiny - I have 2 fiber tips for you ... I hope they help.
1 - If you are able, get some ground flaxseed - do so! It does NOT taste bad or like sawdust. You can usually find it at the health food store. If you sprinkle a tablespoon on your cereal or yogurt or even salad, for example, that should help you to get a dose.

2 - All Bran cereal is an amazing source for fiber. If you can't stand eating the cereal, try making All Bran muffins. They are delicious. B/c All Bran has a natural sweetness to it, it really lends itself well to muffins. Eat a muffin w/ a half a banana or something and you should be good with your fiber intake. If All Bran just doesn't do it for you, many of the Kashi brand cereals have high fiber content as well and they are quite yummy.
Good luck!

Linda - Sorry you're not feeling well as well. Don't know if you've tried it or not yet but Advil Cold & Sinus does amazing things for me when I am suffering with my sinuses. I hope you feel better. Nothing worse than a sinus headache that won't go away!

Thanks bee*! I'm glad the meeting with your trainer went well ... please do tell us all about the routine they have planned for you for the upcoming weeks!

Thanks Kimberly! Yes, it does feel great but I don't feel as though I deserve it b/c I was horrible over the weekend, however, I'll take it and count it towards a week in the future where I feel that I should have lost weight b/c I was really good, but don't. How's that?
21.gif

Marcy - Glad to hear that your sister is on the mend. Thanks for the update!

Well Rod ... How did it go?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey There.........

I think the phone interview went well. But, I won't know until the week of May 22nd whether I made it to the next round. It's a good opportunity with one of the nations largest publicly held health benefits companies. And I would be responsible for ensuring three national sales call centers were adequately staffed. It would be a job I could do well. But, I don't want to get my hopes up as the person I interviewed with told me there was stiff competition for this opening. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the PS Fairydust all.

We had fried egg and cheese sandwiches for lunch then coffee under the oak, followed by our usual long workout. Dinner was a nice big salad, then decaf under the oak. It's such a beautiful night in Tampa. Breezy and warm, but not hot or humid. Tomorrow is a day of rest from the gym and of course since it's Friday, it will be Sushi and FroYo for dinner as usual. One random note. I hadn't weighed myself in about 3 weeks and I have been eating more liberally the last few weeks, but myt clothes fit fine and I figure as hard as I work out a few extra calories won't hurt. So, I was really pleased to see that my weight has remained very stable since my last weigh-in. Actually, I was down a pound, but that could be temporary as I think 1 - 3 lb fluctuations are pretty normal.

I'm so glad to hear your sister is doing better Marcy! Maybe I'll have a good old fashioned hamburger this weekend. I'll think of you if I do!

Have a great time with your sister and nephew this weekend Kimberly!

Yay for a kick ass workout routine from your trainer bee*! Thanks for the good wishes too!

Thanks for thinking of our 'uber' long workouts and our health Mara! I know our workout pales in comparison to some of the workouts others do in our gym, that's for sure. I guess at this point we've adjusted so well to our workouts and fatigue just doesn't seem to be an issue, during or after our sessions. I do think you have a good point on the shorter more intense workouts. I actually had to do just that yesterday and I felt I accomplished a great deal in less time. I guess as long as we can continue working out during the afternoons we'll probably continue doing what we're doing as it is definitely working for us. But once we go back to work, we'll have to cut the duration of our workouts down. Good for you that your body is still changing. Our's are too and it's so much fun to continue progressing. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. We miss seeing you more regularly around here!

Hey Apple! I'm glad you had fun in Vegas and it sounds lke you're doing well for sure! What is May Shape?

Woo Hoo for doing your cardio Miss Lorelei!!

Skippy, you know a 1 lb gain can be nothing. Like I mentioned above, the body can fluctuate several pounds, so I wouldn't be too upset over it. I hope yoga was good tonight and I also hope those fires are put out soon. Thanks for the PS dust my friend!

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me Linda! I'm sorry your allergies are bothering you. Like I said to Skippy, I wouldn't be too concerned about a couple pounds.

Wow Dragon, 200 crunches is some serious crunching! You'll have rock hard abs if you keep that up!

So sorry you're not feeling well PW. Feel better soon!

Enjoy your Wii Tennis Sarah!

SS, if you need extra fiber, you can always drink it. There are powders you mix in either water or juice and there are pills that increase fiber intake significantly. Also, eating a higher fiber cereal for breakfast might help.

Spark, I'm glad you had a great workout today. Thanks for thinking of me too!

That's about if for me for this Thursday. Sleep well everyone and we'll see you tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a great day. I didn’t have fun at work today; I had to set in on a phone hearing about an ex-employee who quit that is trying to get unemployment. Wow, she had a LOT of bad things to say about me. The guy holding the hearing though kept pulling her back to what happened the last day she worked there. My blood pressure was going up listening to it all. Aak.
We went to the mall tonight. The pink plaid cotton shirt I’ve been watching for months finally was reduced enough I would buy it. I also got a pink t-shirt to wear under it (a small) and some size 12 pants. I was pretty excited about that. I’ve lost another inch on my hips – now that is major excitement for me.
Thank all of you so much for the kind words about my sister.
Kimi, good luck with your observation tomorrow. I am sure you’ll be awesome! Have fun with your sister and nephew this weekend.
Bee, sounds like your trainer will be giving you some great workouts. I am down to less than a week left of school but only have about 3 weeks off before summer classes start.
Mara, that is an awesome feeling watching your body change from all of your hard work. I am hoping to start walking outdoors soon too. Of course, first we have to quit having snow.
Appletini, I am sure you had a great time in Vegas. Your pizza sounds terrific.
Lorelei, yay for doing cardio.
Skippy, that pound will be gone in a flash! Rats for having fires nearby. I sure hate to hear about fires starting already. My niece is in California and she said there is one near her too. Yay for feeling pampered. I agree, everything tastes better grilled. Thanks for cheering me on!
Linda, rats for having a sinus headache. I think I have one all the time and I usually only notice it when I bend down to shake my head. I hope your nap helped your headache. No worries on those 2 pounds – they’ll go away.
Dragonfly, wow for doing over 200 crunches!
PW, sorry to hear about your infection – I hope you are feeling better soon.
Sarah, great idea to de-stress.
Somethingshiny, yay for doing yoga non-stop for 30 minutes. I am so uncoordinated I should try it for a good laugh.
Sparkalicious, LOL at “Bat wings be gone”. Glad to hear you had a great workout session today.
Rod, I am delighted to hear the phone interview went so well. You will be stiff competition for everyone else they are interviewing too! I decided we are going to have soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper tomorrow night. I will use some of the whole wheat bread we picked up at whole foods last weekend. I hope you do enjoy a good old fashioned hamburger this weekend. They are a stable in my diet.
Well, I must get ready for bed.
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2008 4:35:49 PM
Author: Mara
lorelei i know they look funny, greg and i used to call them the torture devices!!! but now that i know how to use them, I LOVE IT. i seriously could do pilates all day long. it's a form of muscle resistance but no impact at all...it's wonderful. everyone should try it!!!
2.gif
I was reading an article about Denise Richards in a mag, that is where I saw the machines, and I am getting really interested in them, especially since you rate them! Do many people have them for home use?

Hi all
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results