shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28 May Through 3 June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 7:22:52 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks Ellen for her fanfare, which she deserves! I hadn''t planned on getting another quite so soon, but fate had other ideas it seems! Her name is Jasmine and she is a black ( dark bay) 7 year old Thoroughbred cross mare! And she is beautiful! Pics to come when she gets here!
30.gif
Beautiful name Lorelei, and she sounds beautiful too. Plus it''s a GIRL, they''re better yanno.
11.gif
9.gif

I am just so excited for you!
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2007 7:46:39 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/1/2007 7:22:52 AM

Thanks Ellen for her fanfare, which she deserves! I hadn't planned on getting another quite so soon, but fate had other ideas it seems! Her name is Jasmine and she is a black ( dark bay) 7 year old Thoroughbred cross mare! And she is beautiful! Pics to come when she gets here!
30.gif
Beautiful name Lorelei, and she sounds beautiful too. Plus it's a GIRL, they're better yanno.
11.gif
9.gif

I am just so excited for you!
5.gif
Thank you! I can't wait to get her and it is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!
3.gif

I hope she likes diamonds.....
16.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, her name is beautiful to match her personality and looks, I''m sure! Cannot wait to see her!
36.gif

Gail, thanks for the kind words. You deserve the same; it''s so awesome to hear about someone enjoying the ride of weight loss instead of being frustrated at a plateau. Kudos to you for all your hard work and inches lost. It is a process, that''s for sure!

It''s Friday, woo hoo! I have a huge project due Sunday so I''ll be pretty focused on that for most of the weekend. Looking forward to getting it done. No big plans. I''m sure we''ll go out to dinner one night but my plan is to stick close to home for most of the weekend. I''ve started a great new book and my patio chair has been calling, so I''ll probably spend some time out there reading in the sunshine (with sunscreen on, of course!).

Have a terrific day all! I''ll check back in later.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
well i''ve been MIA this week, but i''ve been eating healthy and doing ok withh my workouts. i survived the memorial day bbq''s and have been maintaining at 120 lbs. i went out to eat and ate a delicious stuffed zucchini...does anyone have a recipe for this? it was so yummy.

congrats lorelei!!!

hooray kimberly for continuing your weight loss!!!

have a good weekend all
35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lorelei, I hope you will share pics - I hope you have years of happiness with her

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I will send some pics to Irina when I have them and get her to post them for me, she is a GORGEOUS horse!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 10:08:21 AM
Thank you all! I will send some pics to Irina when I have them and get her to post them for me, she is a GORGEOUS horse!
36.gif

BTW, your opinion (and anyone else who wants to chime in) would be ever so appreciated in my Little Black Dress thread.
25.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm sitting here in my office and I SWEAR I smell peppermint patties. I have lots of other candy in my office, but no PPs, and they are all individually wrapped candy bars anyway so you can't smell them at all. I WISH I knew where this was coming from becuase it's driving me CRAZY!!!

Last night I had planned on having a 60 cal pudding cup for dessert but somehow a tablespoon of peanut butter made it in there--can you say EXTRA 100 CALS?!?
20.gif

This morning I had my Friday treat of a piece of lemon loaf and coffee for breakfast. I bought a LC for lunch with yogurt for a snack, and the HH is making pasta and stuffed mushrooms for dinner.
21.gif

And no workout for me tonight, but I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Lorelei, I can't wait to see pics of your new baby!!

Happy Friday all!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I just read a WHOLE bunch of posts in this thread -- whew, you gals and guys are busy!

First off, congrats to all of you who are losing and/or happily maintaining
36.gif

And Lorelei, congrats to you on your new baby!!! That''s so exciting, and I too can''t wait to see pics of her! And I''m very biased because my first kitty''s name was Jasmine
21.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 11:20:06 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I have lots of other candy in my office
And just why is that??
11.gif
9.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
There''s never candy at my desk.... for long!
31.gif

Talk about a roller coaster... last Friday I weighed in at 141.5...my lowest in quite a while. After the holiday weekend, during which I have to admit I indulged, I weighed in at 147!!!
32.gif
Now, this Friday I am back to 144 (*though it is the start of TTOM...). Yikes...what fluctuations!!

Oh well... It''s a process ... certainly not the straight line down I was hoping for but some kind of process nonetheless!!

At least the workouts have been good. Tuesday night was spin, Wednesday was step and a power weight class, Thursday was step, and today was yoga and step. DeeJay, I hear ya... with all that effort, you EXPECT to see a few ounces come off the scale...No such luck for me this week... +2.5lbs...Oy.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2007 12:21:29 PM
Date: 6/1/2007 11:20:06 AM

I have lots of other candy in my office
And just why is that??
11.gif
9.gif

LOL Ellen, I KNOW -- what a BAD idea. But as the Chief Compliance Officer, other than the candy, people would only come into my office when something was wrong, so I try to promote the idea that it''s *nice*, maybe even (gasp!) FUN!, to come in to my lair...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all,
just a quick check in. we''re out of town and I''ve had no computer time but just wanted to say I hope everyone has a happy/heathy weekend..

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lorelei, looking forward to the pictures!

Congrats to Phoenixgirl on your weight loss!

I''m upping my mileage, but I think I may be going too fast in doing so. I''m kind of crabby and out of sorts this week and I seem to need a lot more sleep, which I''m not getting. I think I''ve lost another 2 pounds since Tuesday''s weigh in. Is it possible to go too fast? It''s NOT like I''m starving myself by any means, and I''m not generally hungry all the time. But it does feel that this weight loss is going a bit fast. OTOH, if I stop walking, I lose incentive to keep up the WW. I think I''m going to go back to 2 - 2.5 miles instead of pushing past 3. And maybe stick to an hour instead of trying to go an extra 15 minutes, at least for the next week and see how things are going next week. Rome wasn''t built in a day.

Today is very laid back and I''m just doing laundry and house work, which I need to get back to. Hope you all have a great day, great work outs and great food!
10.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the congrats!

I got another compliment today. I think it's because I bought new pants last weekend instead of wearing slightly too large pants all the time (and those were formerly my "skinny pants"!).

I too had a bad weekend (bottle of wine +, lamb, mashed potatoes) and went up from my lowest low of 126 to 129. My husband said I shouldn't be too upset or scale conscious, but it was two things that were bothering me: 1) my weight is really stable. It hadn't fluctuated like that in the whole three months I've been getting in shape. So to me, who weighs the same thing whether it's morning, night, before eating, after eating, that meant that I really had gained three pounds in one day. And 2), slightly uninhibited from all the wine, I had been celebrating with some friends the day before about losing 12 pounds. So it seemed like a darned shame that the next day I was only at 9 pounds lost.

But that passed, and even though we ate another meal out Wednesday with a long lost friend (duck! yum) and I couldn't work out yesterday, I'm back to where I was . . and beyond! The scale read 125 this morning. I don't know when the last time I weighed that little was. DH says when I was 19. And I've certainly never been in shape like this. I love feeling my biceps and calves and quads . . . so much tighter, firmer, not squishy. :)

It's interesting that yesterday when I didn't work out, my appetite was much less. I think I'm getting in tune with how much my body really needs.

I also expect the weight loss to end soon. Yes, I've still got a little fat on my stomach and lots on my thighs, but I know my body likes it that way. I want to be healthy and have a weight I can maintain -- I don't want to put myself through bootcamp to lose another five pounds just to gain it back the next time I get sick or have a bump in the road.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 1:09:47 PM

LOL Ellen, I KNOW -- what a BAD idea. But as the Chief Compliance Officer, other than the candy, people would only come into my office when something was wrong, so I try to promote the idea that it''s *nice*, maybe even (gasp!) FUN!, to come in to my lair...
Nice ruse....
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Phoenix, that''s a great mindset. As females our bodies tend to hold on to some of that fat as padding and protection, especially around our waists...what a great outlook for you to not be frustrated by it!

Hope you''re enjoying your OOT weekend, mrssalvo.

peach, weight fluctuation is very normal for some people. Try and weight yourself at the same time every day for more consistency, if possible, so that the scale doesn''t get to you.

It was a busy day with the kids. Lots of fun and glad it''s Friday!

John is making chicken and veggies for dinner. Sounds good to me!

Have a wonderful evening all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone!!

Well, quite an eventful, but TOTALLY UNHEALTHY WEEK FOR MOI! I arrived in Dallas Tuesday and spent the day with my boss, then they took me to the hotel and dropped me off. My laptop still didn''t have access to anything yet, so I could not communicate with the outside world. The hotel didn''t have a restaurant and the only thing within walking distance was a (Starbucks - GOD BLESS THAT!) a Chinese restaurant and a McDonalds. So, I had Chinese which was just plain awful. Wednesday the meetings started and they fed us nothing healthy for the next three days. Sandwiches and chips at lunch, Pizza one night and Fried Chicken the next night. On top of that, the hotel pool was out of service and their little teensy tiny you sort of could call a workout room was just awful. So, Rod didn''t do anything healthy the entire week. And he ate Potatoe Chips. And he ate Pizza. And he ate Fried Chicken. And he even had two chocolate brownies and a donut during that time. Plus, without working out and not getting much sleep, Rod caught his first cold in almost 2 years and his ears are now stopped up from flying with a cold.

But, being back in my company and being with people I had worked with for 15 years and who meant so much to me, was just wonderful. And the welcome I received from the team was just wonderful. I made a presentation this morning to the group of about 40 people and they started the presentation (without letting me know) with the music from Welcome Back. My presentation was really well received too and it was just so nice to be home. In my opening remarks for my presentation, I told them that Glenda the Good Witch visited me and taught me how to click my heels three times and say......."There''s No Place Like Home........There''s No Place Like Home!" And then I opened my eyes and there I was in front of all these people who meant a lot to me. And they gave me such a warm round of applause. It was fun being with Charlie on a business trip again too. It''s funny how things have turned out.

Our flight into Tampa from Dallas was a bit delayed, but we still went to Yoko''s for Sushi. It''s the best food we''d had all week!!

We''re actually having a little tropical storm here in Tampa, so we''re going to sleep in a little late tomorrow and hopefully, I''ll be able to hit the gym and maybe sweat this cold out of me. At least that''s the plan at the moment. I hope that''s how things actually go.

I skimmed all the posts for the week. Sounds like lot''s of good things going on.

Lorelei, congratuations on the new horse. Like other''s have commented, we need pictures as soon as you have some!

I''m guessing Mara is still out of town as I didn''t see any posts from her, so hope all is well with her travels.

I hope Skippy is having the time of her life in Hawaii.

And, sorry about the cicada invasion there Monarch..........I remember them from growing up in Maryland. Ours weren''t the bad kind, they didn''t eat crops or anything. They just came out of the ground in the billions, mated and died. Messy to be sure, but nothing harmful. I think they were the 17 year kind.

Great progress Kimberly and DeeJay as usual too!

Anyway, am back and hopefully will be back in better form this weekend as far as fitness and healthy eating goes.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, welcome back. Sorry about all the crappy food (PIZZA??!), but I''m sure it WAS good to "be home".

Miss Lorelei, I am waiting with baited breath for news on your new girl. I hope your meeting goes smoothly!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Peachy, that''s awesome that you were able to get back to 144 in just a few days, but I know how frustrating it is when that''s not as low as it was recently. Hey, maybe it''s muscle that added the couple of pounds? :)

Lumpkin, how wonderful that your concern is whether or not you are losing weight too fast, right? That''s a good problem to have! I don''t know the medical answer to that question, but I''ve been having a similar experience recently. I''ve been working out for three months and eating right for one or two, and the weight has come off in spurts. It''s been averaging out to about a pound a week though, so I guess even though it''s been about 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks, I still think it''s ok. That must just be how my body does it. Maybe the same for you too? Anyway, you say that you lose your incentive when you stop walking, so definitely don''t do that. I''ve found that I need to go at least an hour to get that boost (not sure what it is, but I feel like my breathing is easy and my heart is strong all day if I''ve gotten my heart rate up for at least an hour). But maybe you really are overdoing it -- trust your body''s signals. An hour is still a great chunk of time to be working out.

Rod, so sorry to hear about the cold. I hope it passes quickly and that you are able to get back in the groove. I haven''t traveled since I''ve been getting healthy, and it is a concern to me -- how will I work out? How will I eat healthy? But we can''t stay at home all the time either. So get well soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SHE''S HERE AND SHE IS A DOLL !!!! She has been so good and not one moment''s trouble so far, taken everything in her stride! She doesn''t like her little brothers though and has been waving a threatening hind leg at them! She just walked off the lorry with Hubby as quiet as a lamb, walked into the field, said hello to the little ponies, laid her ears back at them and that was that - she was in!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 10:22:27 AM
SHE''S HERE AND SHE IS A DOLL !!!! She has been so good and not one moment''s trouble so far, taken everything in her stride! She doesn''t like her little brothers though and has been waving a threatening hind leg at them! She just walked off the lorry with Hubby as quiet as a lamb, walked into the field, said hello to the little ponies, laid her ears back at them and that was that - she was in!!!
36.gif
36.gif

pics pics pics pics
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday!

Welcome back, Rod, you were missed! Sorry the trip was not so good healthwise, but it sounds like it was terrific in every other way! It''s so nice to hear you''re happy and settling back in.

Lumpkin, when I had a lot to lose I lost a lot. For the first 4 or 5 weeks I lost between 4-7 lbs each week. I started off at WW and they thought I was eating too little which wasn''t the case at all, I think my body was just ready to be smaller. It will slow down at some point, I''m sure. I wouldn''t worry about it at this point, just keep doing the great work that you are.

Today is a workout day for me and eat out dinner for us. We''re going to a little Italian restaurant down near the bay for dinner, I''ve never eaten there before, should be fun!

Have a wonderful day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2007 10:25:27 AM

Date: 6/2/2007 10:22:27 AM
36.gif
36.gif

pics pics pics pics
9.gif
I will try and take some shortly and then send them to Irina!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 10:39:17 AM

K!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2007 10:41:18 AM

Date: 6/2/2007 10:39:17 AM

K!
emthup.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Pheonix and congrats to you on your awesome weight loss. I''m sure the compliments make being good even easier!! Lumpkin - great work!! Like you said, listen to your body, though, and do what makes sense for you long term. You''ll find the best pace for you. Kimberly - yah, I hear you about the scale. I do try to weigh myself first thing in the am to capture the lowest read for the day!! But pigging out on salty foods (like I did last weekend) was a definite no no. I am really sensitive to salt in that I retain like crazy if I have too much... Must cut down on salt!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I don''t know how I missed that Jasmine is home...can''t wait to see pictures!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh...I''m excited to see Jasmine pictures too!!

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well. PG - sounds like have really gotten down to an amazing place and the compliments are, I''m sure, well deserved. Way to go!

Peach - I wouldn''t worry too much about that bounce, especially as it sounds like you are taking it right back off. But I completely understand your frustration.

Rod - that''s so wonderful that you had such a warm welcome home from your hiatus away from your company. It sounds like its really where you are meant to be right now, and I''m so glad to hear that it is working out so well for you so far.
9.gif
10.gif

Lumpkin - I wouldn''t worry about the rapid weight loss for now. As long as you don''t feel like you are hungry all the time, which it doesn''t sound like you are, and you''re not injuring yourself exercising, I think its reasonable to lose more weight at the beginning. I know Kimberley mentioned she did and I know I did as well, and PG and Mara have both had similar experiences as well - sometimes the 1-2 lb/week guideline really ends being 3 lbs one week and then nothing for the next 3 or 4 weeks. As long as it averages out in the end (which it probably will), I wouldn''t worry too much. In fact, try to enjoy this time for the gratification of that immediate feedback, I know that I and many others on here can tell you that when you get down to that last 5 or 10 lbs you want to lose it suddenly becomes much harder to convince your body to part with them
3.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I was SO bad, however I didn''t realize just HOW bad until I was on the elliptical this morning adding things up in my head. I had a 3,000+ cal day!!!
29.gif
38.gif
32.gif
I can''t say I don''t know how it happened because I DO know how it happend. Someone needs to put a muzzle on me some days...

Anyway, I did 685 cals on the elliptical and then I made myself get on the bike for an extra 15 cals just as a matter of principal.

Today we''re going to a multi-shelter adoption event to look for a brother or a sister for The Demon. The thing I really worried about is that sometimes he''s really bad on his leash around other dogs (rearing up on his back legs, spinning around, barking like a mad dog) so I don''t know how this is going to be, but we can''t very well get him a sibling without seeing them interact together first. Fingers crossed please...

Lorelei, congratulations on having your new baby home and I am just DYING to see pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results