shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 28 May Through 3 June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkie, Monnie, Ellen, TG, Dee, Kimmy, Dixie, AG, my happy event is on Saturday, so I guess Monday will be a good bean spilling time?
31.gif

Had a good workout last night, did 50 mins and watched the latest Stepford Wives movie, far prefer the original though.

Mara we miss you!
39.gif
39.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 10:02:43 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Hey SB - that''s so funny that you were at a reunion this weekend. A bunch of my friends who are all a few years older than I am all went to a graduation that sounds eerily similar to what you described - alumni walking in the procession, and up and down a very steep hill. Your reunion wasn''t by any chance in Providence, RI, was it?
31.gif
Wouldn''t that be funny!
6.gif

Thanks Rod for starting us off this week. I hope your meetings are going well and not too stressful.

Lorelei - sorry to hear about the technical problems, but I''m very excited to hear your good news!!
36.gif

Kim - I had kind of sluggish workout this morning too. Must be something in this California air LOL...I hope you have a good time with the kidlets - I could never do kids (well, only the furry four-legged kind haha), so I really admire you for that.

Bee- I''m so happy for you that you seem to have broken your plateau. I have a bad feeling I might be entering one, so I''d love to hear how you broke through yours.

DJ - congrats on the new sports bra. I know we have a store that sells those near us, perhaps I''ll go try one...

MrsS - good luck getting into a good routine with your new summer schedule. I''ve found that being able to have a routine is one of the most helpful things in this process of getting healthy. Kudos to you for continuing to commit to it even with summer child-care duties.

Sounds like everyone is continuing to do so well. Sorry to anyone I''ve missed!

Hi Amber, I havent lost anything for about 5 weeks so last week I decided to go to the gym 6 days instead of my normal 3-4 and I also did a different routine to what I normally do and it seems to have broken through it. Im going to go 5 times this week too just to make sure Im definitely through it. Its so demotivating when you''re doing everything good and you''re not losing anything!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think I forgot to say before, Amber, thanks so much for telling me about your routine. It sounds like it is working really well for you and it sounds so sensible. Again I am so happy for your success!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so great to hear abt everyone losing weight/ determined to do so. Can't wait to hear what your surprise it, Lorelei. Thanks for kicking off this week's thread, Rod.

Well...I've lost a total of 2lb since last Monday, am now down to 114lb (or maybe it was 113.5lb, can't really tell with this weight machine at the gym), not fantastic but not bad considering I ate out practically every day last week, lunch and dinner. So another 8-9lb to go before I reach my goal. Hope I don't reach a plateau.

Today, for lunch I had a Starbuck's tuna ciabata sandwich and (I know I know, it's bad) a chocolate chip frappucino but without whipped cream. Felt really guilty so walked for an hour and a half (not sure how many miles) and worked out in the gym for an hour. So that's 2 times already this week, when I originally thought I wasn't going to be able to go at all.

Dinner was absolutely yummy, steamed fresh silken tofu with tofu sheets and fresh Chinese mushrooms with a ton of veggies and a little bit of steamed pork and a couple of spoonfuls of rice, with lots of chilies!!

Have a great day, everyone.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All~

AW, maybe it was in the CA air, I just felt blah! I get to see my kidlets today, yippee!

lien, just a small bit of advice, I hope you don''t mind. Hope you don''t hit plateau, but expect it as otherwise you''ll be REALLY disappointed if it happens and it may derail you.

Lorelei, I''ll anxiously be awaiting the news Monday will bring!

So here''s my weigh in:

Week 21 Week 22
Height: 5''5" Height: 5''5"
Weight: 127.8 Weight: 125.0
Bust: 32" Bust: 31"
Waist: 26.25" Waist: 26"
Lower Waist: 32.5" Lower Waist: 31.5"
Bicep: 12" Bicep: 12"
Hips: 36” Hips: 35”
Thigh: 20.5" Thigh: 20"

So I lost all my Hawaii weight, YIPPEE!, and a few more inches...what a trip! My stupid arms simply refuse to budge, how annoying.

Have a fanstastic day all.

~K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eager plan to work out last night to test out the new bra was discouraged by the HH who gently reminded me that whenever I work out three days in a row I usually hurt myself (not to mention my knees were already a little sore from the two days before).
14.gif
So I skipped it last night, but tonight, oh baby, time to test the girls!

And for my weekly weight in I am ashamed to admit that I somehow weight 3 pounds more than I did last week.
38.gif
All this eating out is just a killer! But yesterday I came in at 1220 cals and today I also have it all planned out to be super good too.

Kimberly, good for you for losing all your vacation weight already!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2007 8:53:20 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All~

AW, maybe it was in the CA air, I just felt blah! I get to see my kidlets today, yippee!

lien, just a small bit of advice, I hope you don''t mind. Hope you don''t hit plateau, but expect it as otherwise you''ll be REALLY disappointed if it happens and it may derail you.

So here''s my weigh in:

Week 21 Week 22
Height: 5''5'' Height: 5''5''
Bust: 32'' Bust: 31''
Waist: 26.25'' Waist: 26''
Lower Waist: 32.5'' Lower Waist: 31.5''
Bicep: 12'' Bicep: 12''
Thigh: 20.5'' Thigh: 20''

So I lost all my Hawaii weight, YIPPEE!, and a few more inches...what a trip! My stupid arms simply refuse to budge, how annoying.

~K
I don''t mind at all, Kimberly. In fact, I appreciate it. When that happens, I guess I''ll have to change my workout routine or do something to shock my body into getting out of the plateau.

WTG on losing almost 3lb in just one week and those inches too!! Would you mind if I ask you what you do in yr workout, how long each time and how regularly do you work out? What abt your eating habits? What changes have you had to make? Forgive me if you''ve told us in previous threads but I am so motivated by yr weight loss n would like to know what your secret-to-success is. I don''t think I''ve ever lost 3lb in one week, ever! Thanks.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 9:42:15 AM
Author: lienTN

Morning All~

So here''s my weigh in:

Week 21 Week 22

~K
I don''t mind at all, Kimberly. In fact, I appreciate it. When that happens, I guess I''ll have to change my workout routine or do something to shock my body into getting out of the plateau.

WTG on losing almost 3lb in just one week and those inches too!! Would you mind if I ask you what you do in yr workout, how long each time and how regularly do you work out? What abt your eating habits? What changes have you had to make? Forgive me if you''ve told us in previous threads but I am so motivated by yr weight loss n would like to know what your secret-to-success is. I don''t think I''ve ever lost 3lb in one week, ever! Thanks.
Hi lien,

I don''t mind you asking at all. I am not nearly as great about working out as some of my WWTer pals, especially Mara and Rod, who I look to for inspiration in that regard. I have an elliptical at home and typically do four one-hour workouts a week to the tune of 2,000 calories burned. But there are plenty of weeks when I don''t meet the mark and I play around with it a bit. Some weeks I''ll only get three good workouts in some weeks I''ll do 5 and workout for less time. I am an all or nothing gal and I''ve had to learn that it''s great to do a 1/2 hour workout too! I wish I was better about using weights, it''s one of goals I continue to fail to achieve. I also work with kids, so I''m on my feet and running all day.

Speaking of kids, I need to get to work, so I''ll have to answer your question in two parts. I''ll get to the food when I get home!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t mind you asking at all. I am not nearly as great about working out as some of my WWTer pals, especially Mara and Rod, who I look to for inspiration in that regard. I have an elliptical at home and typically do four one-hour workouts a week to the tune of 2,000 calories burned. But there are plenty of weeks when I don''t meet the mark and I play around with it a bit. Some weeks I''ll only get three good workouts in some weeks I''ll do 5 and workout for less time. I am an all or nothing gal and I''ve had to learn that it''s great to do a 1/2 hour workout too! I wish I was better about using weights, it''s one of goals I continue to fail to achieve. I also work with kids, so I''m on my feet and running all day.

That is exactly how it is for me Kim, I often don''t hit the mark but I keep trying and that is the main thing!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done on the weight loss Kimberley! That''s great to lose all the holiday weight and more! Hopefully when I get back from NY I''ll be able to lose the weight that quickly (although Im going to try and not put much on).

Im just back from meeting my trainer in the gym and it was really good. She''s the same woman that teaches the spanish dancing/aerobics thing that I do every saturday and I know from that class that she''s not going to go soft on me etc, which is what I need. So I told her what I''d lost and what about hitting a plateau and so the work out that she''s put me on is:
15 mins on elliptical, on the hill plus level 8 and I have to keep above 70 rpm

On the rowing machine she wants me to do 1000m in under 5 minutes. I can be very competitive so I really liked that fact that she gave me something to work towards rather than just do 5 mins. I managed to do the 1000m in 5 mins 4 secs, so that gives me something to work to. On the rower I had to do it at level 7

Then I have to do the following upper body machines
Seated Roll, Chest Press, Lat pulldown and shoulder press. I have to do 3 reps of 10 on all of them, the first three at 20kg and the last one at 15kg.

Then onto 100 sit ups, squats with one of those ball things. I have to put my back against it and kind of move up and down while also doing weights at 2kg each. Then I have to do lunges while holding weights.

Then I have to go on the bike and cycle 10km. She wants me to keep the rpm above 90 and to do this in 20 mins. She said for the first week or two I have 24 mins to do it, so when I did it today it took me 21.55.

She also said to try and go swimming a couple of times per week, and also to walk around the indoor track between 2 and 6 times to cool down. And Im also going to do her class twice a week.

Im delighted that I met up with her and that she didnt go easy on me as I really like a challenge. So I have to do this for 6-8 weeks and then Im meeting up with her again and she is going to give me a whole new workout then.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, we have to wait til Monday.....
7.gif
? Just kidding, I''ll try to be patient!

Today I''m going to work on my arms for a bit. I wasn''t supposed to lift anything over ten pounds for the past few weeks but I think I''m in the clear now, so I''ll see how far I get! Even after just a few weeks of not doing my usual arm exercises I can see and feel a difference in the muscle tone, which stinks. It takes so long to get these darn body parts into shape and then it seems the minute you slack off everything goes to h*ll!
20.gif
Oh well, I guess it''ll give me another goal to work towards, lol.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99.07%; HEIGHT: 90px">Date: 5/29/2007 10:02:43 PM
Hey SB - that''s so funny that you were at a reunion this weekend. A bunch of my friends who are all a few years older than I am all went to a graduation that sounds eerily similar to what you described - alumni walking in the procession, and up and down a very steep hill. Your reunion wasn''t by any chance in Providence, RI, was it?
31.gif
Wouldn''t that be funny!
6.gif

AG, i was in providence this weekend!
9.gif
did you go there too, or just your friends? i wonder if we know any of the same people...

lorelei, can''t wait to hear about your surprise!

dj, i hope your sports bra test goes well. it''s so fun to have new sports bras, for some odd reason...

bee, your new exercise regimen sounds fab.

monarch, i really need to work on my arms a bit too, especially now that it''s tank top weather here. my arms have definitely gotten a bit skinnier as i''ve lost weight, but i think they are in need of some toning.

food for today: skim latte for breakfast, tj''s bean burrito and a nectarine for lunch, pumpkin muffin as pre-workout snack. dinner will be something very light, perhaps a salad, as i''m meeting a friend at a fabulous dessert cafe tonight and want to save my calories for that! i''ll probably get something that incorporates fresh fruit, so it''s a little lighter as well. i''ll also hit the elliptical after work.

have a good one!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way to go on all the wight loss guys!

Lorelei, that really is so cruel to make us wait.
11.gif
25.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG SB - too funny!! I wasn''t there, since I''m only class of ''04, but a lot of my friends are class of ''02 so it was their 5-year reunion. DH and I will probably go back for our 5 year in another two years, and possibly next year as well since my cousin is graduating.

That really is such a funny coincidence. I loved it there - not a fan of the East Coast, but I loved college. My DH and I actually met there, and I have very fond memories of commencement - we walked out the gates hand in hand
9.gif
30.gif
If you don''t mind my asking, where are you and what do you do now? I''m in San Francisco and I''ve been really surprised at the number of alums I''ve met out here.

Monarch - I totally didn''t respond to you in my last thread and I realized it was because I was so traumatized thinking about that cicada!!
14.gif
40.gif
I HATE bugs, and I totally don''t blame you for being grossed out - I''m not sure I''d be able to go back outside for months...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2007 4:19:07 PM
OMG SB - too funny!! I wasn''t there, since I''m only class of ''04, but a lot of my friends are class of ''02 so it was their 5-year reunion. DH and I will probably go back for our 5 year in another two years, and possibly next year as well since my cousin is graduating.

That really is such a funny coincidence. I loved it there - not a fan of the East Coast, but I loved college. My DH and I actually met there, and I have very fond memories of commencement - we walked out the gates hand in hand
9.gif
30.gif
If you don''t mind my asking, where are you and what do you do now? I''m in San Francisco and I''ve been really surprised at the number of alums I''ve met out here.

Monarch - I totally didn''t respond to you in my last thread and I realized it was because I was so traumatized thinking about that cicada!!
14.gif
40.gif
I HATE bugs, and I totally don''t blame you for being grossed out - I''m not sure I''d be able to go back outside for months...
Ha ha, I knew I better stop talking about them, I was afraid it would have that effect! I will spare you all any more details, i almost started a thread about them but didn''t want to be boo''d off PS, LOL!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 2:33:19 PM
Author: Ellen
Way to go on all the wight loss guys!

Lorelei, that really is so cruel to make us wait.
11.gif
25.gif

ditto!! not much to report from us. we''ve been so busy lately and days just seem to fly by. heading out of town tomorrow.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Date: 5/30/2007 10:16:01 AM

Date: 5/30/2007 9:42:15 AM
Author: lienTN

Morning All~

So here''s my weigh in:

Week 21 Week 22

~K

Hi lien,

Speaking of kids, I need to get to work, so I''ll have to answer your question in two parts. I''ll get to the food when I get home!
Now onto food...

I eat a package of Quaker oatmeal for breakfast every morning with 1/4 cup of soy milk. Lunch is typically either soup, a protein bar or a quesadilla (1 oz. mozerella cheese, 2 small corn tortillas and salsa to the tune of 240 calories). And dinner, which we eat at home 5 nights a week is always a salad, either fruit or vegetable and a veggie of some sort, the main course varies; I make cooking light lasagnas and casseroles fairly frequently or we''ll have meat (pork, chicken or steak) sometimes prepared with marinade, sometimes in tacos, it just depends on our mood. I eat almonds for a snack every day (they fill me up and have lots of good for you things!). I have almost always have a glass of wine with dinner and either frozen yoggie or slow churned ice cream for dessert. I typically end up eating 1300-1500 calories per day,except for the nights we eat out.

Two nights a week we go out to dinner and I eat whatever my little heart desires. What I have noticed is that over time my body started wanting less of the foods I order at restaurants. It is rare that I finish a meal or order dessert anymore (but if I get french fries all bets are off).

Last night we went out for Mexican food, I pulled apart my tacos and ended up eating 1 of 2 and 1/2 my rice and beans. I had a glass of wine when we got to the theatre and no dessert.

Overall, I eat a bit less more than I did when I was holding at 138 (which I managed to do for 5 years, a total shock as it''s quite rare to lose a significant amount of weight and maintain). What really has changed is what I eat. More fiber, more protein (which is great as I''m anemic), more veggies. And I refuse to give up the things I love. My glass of wine is just part of my day as is my ice cream, and I see no reason why I shouldn''t have it. As has been said so many times before it is truly all about balance. At 5''5" and 125 lbs. I live quite comfortably in my body. I didn''t hate being 138, I just knew I could do better for my health (not just for my appearance). I had no goal in mind when I started calorie counting, I just wanted to see what would happen if I gained an awareness of just how many calories I consumed on a daily basis. It really put me in check and I realized that while I wasn''t eating excessively, I was eating a lot of the wrong things.

A funny story all my WWTer friends will enjoy: When I was at my parents over the weekend I was in the bathroom in a bra and underwear and my mom looked at me and said "You are so skinny; I didn''t know someone could be that tiny and still have flab!"
6.gif
I was stunned. I told my dad and he said to her "Well you have flab and you''re old!" It''s a good thing I''m not extremely sensitive or I might have had hurt feelings. I gently reminded her that I did weigh 201 lbs at one point and my almost 30 year old body will forever be affected by that fact, and that includes the flab she so lovingly pointed out to me.

Lorelei, you and I are in the same boat exercise-wise. I do try very hard and once we move to a neighborhood that is conducive to walking I''m sure I''ll get back to my do something every day routine, but for now what I am doing is working and that''s what really counts! 5 days ''til the secret is revealed!

Anyways, today was a great day with the kids but I slept horribly last night so I''m worn out. John is making pasta and salad for dinner, sounds great to me.

Hope all our travelers are doing well. Everyone who''s home and present keep up the great work.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 6:34:46 PM
6.gif

A funny story all my WWTer friends will enjoy: When I was at my parents over the weekend I was in the bathroom in a bra and underwear and my mom looked at me and said ''You are so skinny; I didn''t know someone could be that tiny and still have flab!''
6.gif
I was stunned. I told my dad and he said to her ''Well you have flab and you''re old!'' It''s a good thing I''m not extremely sensitive or I might have had hurt feelings. I gently reminded her that I did weigh 201 lbs at one point and my almost 30 year old body will forever be affected by that fact, and that includes the flab she so lovingly pointed out to me.
6.gif
<--- To your moms remark. And
6.gif
9.gif
<--- to your dads!

I''m glad you didn''t let it get to you, you look mahvelous my dear.
2.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
AG, this is hilarious - I was there for my 5th reunion as well! I bet we do know some of the same people...I live in Ann Arbor and I''m an epidemiologist. That''s so cute about you and your DH. I totally recommend going back for your reunion, it was so much fun.

Kimberly, what you wrote about your food reminds me of an article I recently read about how people who successfully lose weight and keep it off reduce variety in their diet and tend to eat the same foods on a regular basis. I''m this way too - I''ve figured out which foods keep me full and energized without breaking the calorie bank, and I go back to those foods over and over. I find this is particularly true for breakfast and lunch. I have ~3 breakfast options and ~4 lunch options that I rotate, but that''s really about it. Dinner is my biggest calorie meal, so I have a bit more freedom to mix it up a bit - that''s where I tend to try new things.

Did 50 minutes on the ellpitical, then had a spinach strawberry salad and some fage for dinner. Now I''m off to meet my friend for dessert!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOT DAMN THAT WAS FUN! I just did 15 minutes on the treadmill at the highest incline (15 I think) at 2.9 miles per hour and then I did 55 minutes on the elliptical, all told 700 cals!!!

Now for the most important part: The bra report. Somehow I had convinced myself I would have 100% stability. Honestly, I had about 95% stabilty, but that's still MUCH better than anything I've ever worn before. The thing was HOT though, but I guess that's to be expected since there was so much more fabric (not to mention double layers) than what I'm used to. Interestingly enough though when I took it off it wasn't all *wet* like my regular workout bra always is (sorry if TMI). So, if anyone's considering one of these I say go for it!

Today I had a momentary "lapse" and made a trip to the candy bowl. Can you say Milky Way Darks -- LOTS of them? YUM! Even with that though I think I'm still going to come in at less than 1500 cals for the day, but I WAS shooting for 1200, LOL.

I'm having Progresso Chicken and Dumpling soup for dinner (only 200 cals in the whole can) but seriously, when did the "chicken" in Progresso soup become so frickin' scary? I do remember many years ago that it was like real chicken meat, but now I pick almost all (if not all) of it out of the bowl. VERY disappoining.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 5:31:50 PM
Author: monarch64

I really hope I can get over this cicada phobia I have going...it''s so nice outside now and I hate being stuck indoors because I''m so freakin'' paranoid about them. I really don''t mind spiders or snakes or whatever creepy-crawly things but anything with wings that can fly into my personal space and possibly stick to me really, really freaks me out. Yeesh. OK, I''m done talking about it on this thread for fear of creeping you guys out!
Hey monarch, I am right there with you! Here in Maryland our 17-year cicadas came slouching out of the ground in 2004, and believe me, it seems like YESTERDAY. Though they weren''t bad where I live, I went to visit my mom in Virginia and those suckers were THICK and LOUD. Loud like helicopters. And they''re bumbling, slow-moving, nearly blind, and do not discriminate as to where they''ll land. We were walking on them, they were all over my car. It was as bad as any creature feature. I am like you, the ONLY living things on this earth that I fear are winged or jumping insects. HATE HATE HATE. And those cicadas, they aren''t small. They''re like flying frogs.

EGADS I must stop talking about this. Especially on your workout thread.

As for me: I eat semi-poorly and attend spin at 6:00 AM Tuesdays and Thursdays. Yeek.
14.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 7:05:05 PM

6.gif

A funny story all my WWTer friends will enjoy: When I was at my parents over the weekend I was in the bathroom in a bra and underwear and my mom looked at me and said ''You are so skinny; I didn''t know someone could be that tiny and still have flab!''
6.gif
I was stunned. I told my dad and he said to her ''Well you have flab and you''re old!'' It''s a good thing I''m not extremely sensitive or I might have had hurt feelings. I gently reminded her that I did weigh 201 lbs at one point and my almost 30 year old body will forever be affected by that fact, and that includes the flab she so lovingly pointed out to me.
6.gif
6.gif
9.gif
<--- to your dads!

2.gif
I thought it quite funny, Ellen. When I told my dad and he came back at her she just kept repeating "I can''t believe she can be that thin and have flab!" Too funny.

Shortblonde, as boring as it sounds, my breakfast and lunch foods do work for me and I am a "if it ain''t broke why fix it" sorta girl so I just keeping eating the same things. It''s good to hear this works for you as well. When I lost my initial huge chunk of weight 5 years ago I ate a bean burrito in a flour tortilla with taco sauce and no-fat cheese almost every night for dinner. After I year I started introducing new foods into my dinner menus and the next time I ate a bean burrito I gagged. So I try to mix it up at dinner, because it''s my fave meal of the day (DH and I just relax, take our time and enjoy) and he is fantastic about cooking lots of good low-cal things so dinner doesn''t get boring and I don''t feel like gagging!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 8:39:43 PM

6.gif

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
9.gif
<--- to your dads!

2.gif
I thought it quite funny, Ellen. When I told my dad and he came back at her she just kept repeating ''I can''t believe she can be that thin and have flab!'' Too funny.

Shortblonde, as boring as it sounds, my breakfast and lunch foods do work for me and I am a ''if it ain''t broke why fix it'' sorta girl so I just keeping eating the same things. It''s good to hear this works for you as well. When I lost my initial huge chunk of weight 5 years ago I ate a bean burrito in a flour tortilla with taco sauce and no-fat cheese almost every night for dinner. After I year I started introducing new foods into my dinner menus and the next time I ate a bean burrito I gagged. So I try to mix it up at dinner, because it''s my fave meal of the day (DH and I just relax, take our time and enjoy) and he is fantastic about cooking lots of good low-cal things so dinner doesn''t get boring and I don''t feel like gagging!

EGAD!!! KimberlyH, I''m glad your feelings weren''t hurt. I''m afraid mine would have been. I can see where it would be funny, too, though, especially if you have that type of relationship with your parents where you know there aren''t any truly hurtful digs in those jests. Did your family/friends make a big deal of your weight loss? Were they helpful while you were losing?

I live in fear of the flabbiness. I have gained a lot of weight since I got pregnant the first time and I have this horrible feeling I''m going to have tons of loose skin under my waist. I''m also worried about my thighs -- honestly, my whole body will probably be loose. I try not to think about it too much, because regardless, it''s much better than being overweight and having health issues.

I like having oatmeal or hot cereal for breakfast, too. I think it stays with me a lot longer than cold cereal. A banana mid morning helps a lot, too! I am finding that routine is very helpful with keeping the points (calories) down.

I need to exercise today and I am lacking motivation, big time. We''re in the middle of remodeling our bedroom -- new flooring that we bought a few years ago, paint, etc. and I''m a little overwhelmed with that, with laundry that gets let go during these projects and end of school etc. Plus the neighborhood garage sale is Saturday and I''m trying to sort through our "junk" to see if there''s anything worth setting up to sell. I''m going to get the kids to bed and just go do it though. I know I will feel so much better when I do, because then I can say that if nothing else, I got my work out in!!!

See ya tomorrow, everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 9:25:56 PM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 5/30/2007 8:39:43 PM

6.gif

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
9.gif
<--- to your dads!

2.gif
I thought it quite funny, Ellen. When I told my dad and he came back at her she just kept repeating ''I can''t believe she can be that thin and have flab!'' Too funny.

Shortblonde, as boring as it sounds, my breakfast and lunch foods do work for me and I am a ''if it ain''t broke why fix it'' sorta girl so I just keeping eating the same things. It''s good to hear this works for you as well. When I lost my initial huge chunk of weight 5 years ago I ate a bean burrito in a flour tortilla with taco sauce and no-fat cheese almost every night for dinner. After I year I started introducing new foods into my dinner menus and the next time I ate a bean burrito I gagged. So I try to mix it up at dinner, because it''s my fave meal of the day (DH and I just relax, take our time and enjoy) and he is fantastic about cooking lots of good low-cal things so dinner doesn''t get boring and I don''t feel like gagging!

EGAD!!! KimberlyH, I''m glad your feelings weren''t hurt. I''m afraid mine would have been. I can see where it would be funny, too, though, especially if you have that type of relationship with your parents where you know there aren''t any truly hurtful digs in those jests. Did your family/friends make a big deal of your weight loss? Were they helpful while you were losing?

I live in fear of the flabbiness. I have gained a lot of weight since I got pregnant the first time and I have this horrible feeling I''m going to have tons of loose skin under my waist. I''m also worried about my thighs -- honestly, my whole body will probably be loose. I try not to think about it too much, because regardless, it''s much better than being overweight and having health issues.

I like having oatmeal or hot cereal for breakfast, too. I think it stays with me a lot longer than cold cereal. A banana mid morning helps a lot, too! I am finding that routine is very helpful with keeping the points (calories) down.

I need to exercise today and I am lacking motivation, big time. We''re in the middle of remodeling our bedroom -- new flooring that we bought a few years ago, paint, etc. and I''m a little overwhelmed with that, with laundry that gets let go during these projects and end of school etc. Plus the neighborhood garage sale is Saturday and I''m trying to sort through our ''junk'' to see if there''s anything worth setting up to sell. I''m going to get the kids to bed and just go do it though. I know I will feel so much better when I do, because then I can say that if nothing else, I got my work out in!!!

See ya tomorrow, everyone!
Lumpkin,

It sounds like my parents are quite different than your mother and sister. They never made comments about my being heavy (at my tipping point I hit 201 lbs). They did encourage me to eat less but it was never a big issue, probably because my dad and sister are and have always been overweight and my mom is a thin-fat person (she''s physically thin but not in great shape because of her eating habits and lack of phyiscal activity). My sister has never commented on my weight heavy or thin, my parents are quite encouraging in general; I think she (my mom) was truly shocked to see flab. There''s not a dang thing I can do about it aside from plastic surgery (my arms are a perfect example of this, the skin has stretched and I have 12" arms which is out of proportion with the rest of my body). They bug me, as does the excess skin around my lower waist and the stretch marks, but I''d rather have big arms, some extra skin and small and healthy rest of me than just be bigger all over to hide what I did to my body by becoming so overweight. It''s like having battle wounds...I remember what I felt like then and how much better it is to be me now and I''m thankful for each mark and stretch, even if it''s not aesthetically pleasing.

Way to go on working out even when it''s the last thing you want to do! Keep up the great work, you''re a champion!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2007 8:29:47 PM
Author: Julianna

I really hope I can get over this cicada phobia I have going...it''s so nice outside now and I hate being stuck indoors because I''m so freakin'' paranoid about them. I really don''t mind spiders or snakes or whatever creepy-crawly things but anything with wings that can fly into my personal space and possibly stick to me really, really freaks me out. Yeesh. OK, I''m done talking about it on this thread for fear of creeping you guys out!
Hey monarch, I am right there with you! Here in Maryland our 17-year cicadas came slouching out of the ground in 2004, and believe me, it seems like YESTERDAY. Though they weren''t bad where I live, I went to visit my mom in Virginia and those suckers were THICK and LOUD. Loud like helicopters. And they''re bumbling, slow-moving, nearly blind, and do not discriminate as to where they''ll land. We were walking on them, they were all over my car. It was as bad as any creature feature. I am like you, the ONLY living things on this earth that I fear are winged or jumping insects. HATE HATE HATE. And those cicadas, they aren''t small. They''re like flying frogs.

As for me: I eat semi-poorly and attend spin at 6:00 AM Tuesdays and Thursdays. Yeek.
14.gif
LOL! It''s nice to know someone else can relate to the "infestation" as I''ve come to refer to it.
9.gif
Although we are not as bad off as some of our friends in adjacent suburbs where they can''t take a step outside in the morning without stepping on them. Yeesh. And they are horribly loud...there is a mature tree right over our detached garage and as soon as I pull into it during the day the noise is almost deafening because there are thousands of them up there shrilling away with their mating song.

I''m glad you popped up here in the workout thread, even if it did take cicada talk to get you to chime in! Good for you for taking two classes a week-spinning is not exactly a light workout! We can always inspire you with the healthy eating we''re always talking about as well, feel free to post here whenever!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well jeez, I got so carried away with cicada talk I forgot to post anything about my workout and healthy eating today!
20.gif

I got in about ten minutes of weights--just arms--when i got home from work today, it felt great! I''m sure I''ll be sore tomorrow, but I was able to lift my good old 10 lb weights and do most of my usual number of reps, so that made me feel better, and that all was not lost!

Travelingal, I totally made your black bean and corn salad tonight, DH and I both really liked it! I had to improvise a bit, though, when I went to the big chain grocery store last night (I was worried my TJ''s wouldn''t have canned black beans or sweet corn) they didn''t have any fresh cilantro! I did grab a bag of limes, though, and I found a Paul Newman light salad dressing called Light Lime Vinaigrette, so I mixed some of the dressing in with the beans and corn and added sea salt and the juice of two more limes to make it super limey (I love lime--key lime pie is my absolute favorite), a little ground black pepper and a little diced red onion for extra crunch and it was really good! Also, while I bought two cans of beans and corn, I only used one of each for DH and I so it was easy to make it just for two people and it will last a couple days. It has been hot and humid here so we had that salad with a cucumber and red onion marinated salad (I know, not the best combo) and I made cornbread just because it sounded good. Thanks for posting that recipe, I was able to build a meal around it, hee hee.

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2007 8:29:47 PM
Author: Julianna

14.gif
oh my God. I would be screaming my head off.
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
All I have to worry about are hopper grasses in the wheat field in the summer and they are bad enough!

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! Oh Monnie and Julianna, how on earth do you cope?????? My skin is crawling....
emotion-41.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly,

Thank you sooo much for yr very detailed reply and candid story. On the one hand, I am a bit shocked at what yr parents said but on the other hand, I am really not. I remember last yr when DH and I went to visit my parents in London and they hadn't seen me for a while, my Dad said to me : "you have really fleshy arms!!
6.gif
". I wanted to die, right there and then, particularly as I was thinner than I am now. Before that, I think maybe abt 2 yrs ago, we went to visit my brother and SIL and kids, and again they hadn't seen me for a while, the first thing my SIL said to me was "are you pregnant?"
6.gif
. People can say really hurtful things without realising it. I think you just have to shrug it off, knowing that they (yr family) didn't mean anything when they said what they said and obviously they weren't thinking.

I, for one, am so very proud of you for losing the weight, WTG, girlfriend!!
36.gif

I know that it has been very very hard for me to lose what some (other than my family) consider not excess weight. As I am very small-framed, some people don't even realise that I am overweight. In fact, most of my excess weight is around my waist, it bulges when I am not holding it in and then in my butt. If I disguise my excess weight with clever clothing, I don't look overweight, but I KNOW that I am. I would bet that my BF is around 30% if not more. I too am very impressed with Mara and Rod, I don't know how they get to be in the BF range that they are. That's my next Q to them once I manage to lose a decent amount of weight first (maybe 10lb or so). Even when I was super-lean looking, my BF was abt 23-25%. I really admire yr determination and achievements. Again, WTG!!

Tell me, how does one make light lasagna and casseroles? My husband makes lasagna, very delicious too and I try to ask him to use low-fat cottage cheese but he also uses ricotta cheese and mozzarella which are both full fat (the low fat ricotta they sell here tastes like cardboard mushed up in water, yuk!! and there is no such thing as low fat mozzarella here). I love casseroles and make them regularly but I don't know how to make the low fat version and wonder if we'd like them? Oh one more question I have for you, aren't almonds (like all nuts) very high in calories? And also, when I eat nuts, I just can't stop. How do you control how much (or rather how many) you do actually eat?

Lumpkin, I know what's like to lose yr motivation. In fact, when we first moved into our new home, there was so much work to do and so much cleaning up, I ended up doing a lot of cleaning aroudn the house thinking I was burning up calories then. Well, guess what, I was not!! I was actually putting weight on as I was not going to the gym for abt two months. Then I went to the gym again and lost 8lb only to catch my cold, then went into hibernation again for another 2 months. This is exactly the reason why I joined this thread, to get the inspiration and motivation off other WWT'ers. I hope you keep going.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
lien,It''s my pleasure to share and thanks for the kind words, so sweet of you. I really don''t think my mom meant to hurt me feelings (which is why I''m not upset, I truly find it amusing) and she also said lots of nice things about how I look now that I''ve lost weight.

Check out the WWTers lighter recipe thread in this forum for recipes. Mara has posted a mushroom lasagna recipe that several people have tried and loved. I posted an eggplant parm. lasagna recipe that I make all the time (my Italian husband even likes it). I also make a green chile and chicken casserole that is his favorite in my cooking rotation. Also check out www.cookinglight.com for tons of good recipes. I am not a fan of low-fat cheeses, etc. but I can handle ricotta in lasagna.

I eat unsalted almonds, they''re 160 cals for 28 almonds, I usually eat 14. They keep me full and have lots of good for you things (Omega 3s, etc.), I think some health mag named them the #1 snack, at least that''s what John told me the other day. So I only eat 14 I put them in a plastic baggy and return the container to the pantry. I never take more than a serving size of food at a time as it keeps me honest, it would be easy to grab 1/2 a can and realize that you''ve eaten all that was left in a 30 minute sitting.

Today is a work day and perhaps a short exercise day, we''ll see. One of the kids decided I make a great gymnastics toy, she kept throwing herself into a backbend while holding my hands during dance yesterday (we were supposed to be dancing in partners to ring-around-the-rosie so I couldn''t just let her go) and my back is really sore this morning, grrr. It''s been a while since I''ve had bad back pain so we''ll see how the day plays out.

John is cooking tonight. We tried Bertolini (I think that''s the brand name?) low-cal ravioli last night and it was actually pretty good at 260 calories per serving. I think it has something to do with the fantastic sauce John made from scratch to top it with, but it''s worth a try if you love pasta.

Happy day all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was walking to work this morning and at one point I heard this weird rustling noise behind me and I thought OMG THE CICADAS ARE COMING!!! And when I turned around to see the hoard I was sure was about to engulf me it turned out to be big ivy leaves rustling against each other in the wind. Talk about an over active imagination, LOL!

So after my 700 cal workout last night I was SO disappointed not to see the scale budge at all this morning...
15.gif
I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat, and daily fluctuations don''t mean anything anyway, but seriously, that was one helluva workout--I deserve at least a few ounces!!

Today there was just nothing that appealed to me from a breakfast standpoint so I''m having a 190 cal chocolate protein shake. I don''t know how long it will actually keep me full, but I have some yogurt and other things in the fridge if I need to resort to them. I must say though this icy creamy drink is quite refreshing after walking here in the warm humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results