shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd July till 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Dee, now you can relax and get ellipticising!!

Hot Bod Rod is my vote!!! or Rod the Hot Bod..
9.gif
Neato!

Sorry about the Pantsy weather Marcy and your resultant aching bones....
8.gif

Thanks Kimmy and Skipperoonies!
emrose.gif

Yay Maisie, good for you!!!

Mara, glad you are back safely!

Hi Sharon and Chrono, Kate and Havers!

I did 30 careful mins on the treadmill last night watching Cindy Brady
11.gif
I am getting SO BORED with the BB and think a shopping spree at Amazon for new movies should be in my not too distant future! Jan Jan JAN! marcia marcia MARCIA!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all,

wow, lots of posts for me to catch up on later...hubby and I decided yesterday morning to jump in the car and head east to go househunting. he also had a business meeting so it wasn''t all play time but still we''re having fun. Will head home later today and catch up then...

i did catch all the posts about rod''s car and had to to go back and look for the picture...I agree with the name hot bod rod..hehe...

I hope you all have a wonderful friday and a super weekend..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I jumped on the scale yesterday and I lost NOTHING! Absolutely zero. I wonder what happened? Was 3 lbs too much for my body last week so it is "holding back" this week? At least, zero is better than gaining.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 8:36:24 AM
Author: Chrono
I jumped on the scale yesterday and I lost NOTHING! Absolutely zero. I wonder what happened? Was 3 lbs to much for me body last week so it is ''holding back'' this week? At least, zero is better than gaining.
2.gif
Don''t worry, that is often how it goes, you should see a good drop next week, stick at it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:36:24 AM
Author: Chrono
I jumped on the scale yesterday and I lost NOTHING! Absolutely zero. I wonder what happened? Was 3 lbs to much for me body last week so it is 'holding back' this week? At least, zero is better than gaining.
2.gif

Want to hear frustrating??? I have been working out daily, eating right (and NOT eating too little), and I have lost a total of 3 pounds over the course of like a month and a half.

BUT BUT BUT...I have lost many inches. So, I say throw the scale out the window and start measuring yourself. You might just be gaining muscle weight. You might also see a big loss next week instead.

Also, and not to be a broken record, but are you eating enough? 3 lbs is a lot to try and lose in one week, so if you're dipping below 1500 calories or so and working out hard, you might want to up your calories (by eating more lean proteins and such) and see if that helps.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My aim is 1 lb a week but somehow, I lost 3 lbs last week. I have no idea what happened. Anyway, I''m ravenous again this week (last week I wasn''t) so I''m increasing my calories this week. Maybe the added calories is why I''m not loosing any weight this week? My rice intake is way way down - just 3 or 4 spoonfuls at lunch and dinner time. No bread for breakfast either, just a bowl of Kashi Go Lean. Some nuts for snacks.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Whew! I am gone for a day and have so much reading to catch up on. Congratulations to everyone that is losing - or staying at zero, as the case may be!

Today is Friday! Weighing day - I really have tried to limit myself to weighing once a week, but earlier this week, I just couldn''t help myself. I see my body changing while the scale isn''t changing much. Since I started in May with working out and June with eating "right," I have lost six lbs. and around ten inches. I''m pretty excited about that! My goal is just to look great for when we go to the beach (14 days and counting!) It''s so odd to me how bodies change. I was very athletic growing up, but always felt overweight (thanks to that good ol'' southern cooking). When I got to college, I got scary skinny and then packed it all right back on. And until this year, if I needed to lose weight, I would do the most unhealthy things (not eat, skip meals, etc.) For the first time in my life, I actually feel healthy and great about myself. While I am not at the weight I would like to be (about 10-12lbs to go), I can see that I am getting there. My goal is to be at my weight by December, when I graduate college. But I just wanted to say that reading everyone''s stories, having everyone here in WWT, seeing the amazing transformations, and seeing that everyone stuggles - it really does influence you to live better. Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all!
I got my 6 am walk in and did 4 miles!!!
3.gif
whooo hooo, me. hehehe

Lorelei, you are funny w/the Kimmy and Skipperoni! hehe How is your hip? I hope much better.

Mara, I had to go to Seattle last summer for training and they fed us like that. If fact the last day they had a table of gummy worms, all sorts of candy, oreo cookies, ice cream bars and fresh bake cookies. They also had open bar in the evening it was insane! Glad you got some workouts in.
9.gif

Chrono hang in there 3 lbs is great, next week it may be 2!

Marcy, I hope you got all your papers graded!

Happy house hunting Mrs. Salvo

Hey Tdididy and Stephanie!

TGIF
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all..it feels so good to be back home even though today is foggy and gray and it makes me just want to sleeeeeeep in. i''m sure the fog will burn off by noon though and give us a sunny day.

breakfast this morning was a mix of 1/2c kashi go lean and 1/2c TJ''s cornflakes with fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries and almond milk. coffee.

i decided i am going to try to cut down some portions and not eat any differently and see if that makes any changes in my body....when i was in vegas i weighed myself and i am just so surprised to see that i am still about ~138-139....which is about 10 pounds higher than my low low of 128 (which i hit for like a week max maybe)...i haven''t had my bf tested in a while and i definitely look ''fit and trim'' but i am not as thin as i was before by any means, i look more fit than thin. which is okay, but i am still so perpetually mentally frustrated by my body. i know i sound like a broken record but crap it''s unfair!!! and i know that many of the wwt''ers would probably love to be where i am at now and think oh shut it...but for me...i was significantly lower and now i am not and it drives me crazy sometimes. imagine reaching and exceeding your goal by almost 1/2 and then loving where you are at and then slowly creeping up without really changing all that much (certainly not 10 lbs worth!!) and boom. i feel like i slid backwards and don''t realize why. and yes i do indulge sometimes but i was going back and reading my old food logs and i totally indulged while losing weight that first time!! i lost weight during thanksgiving and xmas by being good during the weeks and bad on the weekends and i had dessert pretty darn liberally too (pumpkin pie daily for a week and a half anyone?!). so what gives now?? i know that our bodies have this preferred ''set'' point that they like to be at and will fight to get back to where they want to be. so i struggle with...well am i OKAY with this being my set point? is it worth a struggle to try to lose maybe ~3-4 lbs to just get to 135 and try to stay there?

i just feel like i work out A LOT (and i do!) and i eat pretty great 80-90% of the time and the progress or rather slippage i am seeing does not seem to coincide with what i am doing and eating especially when i was able to work out less than i am doing now and eat almost the same and maintain at about 133 for 2-3 months before things started slipping. i just don''t get it. and i have been eating a lot of lean proteins too which has definitely kind of helped me build more muscle, i can tell visually my body is different...but man i miss my old slightly thinner body. even if everyone SAYS i look great now...i would be ecstatic to get back down a few lbs. i think wistfully of those days all the time.

anyway i know, broken record but thanks for letting me vent!! i remember how long it took me the first time to make progress and i just don''t know what is going on now and if at some point it will be like boom again and let me drop a few lbs but then how do i maintain it, when historically my body does not seem to want to let me? darn body!!!

so bottom line, reducing portions mostly when we go out....and serving myself slightly less at home and work kind of thing...to see if that makes a bit of a difference. this weekend we are eating a fair amount...tonite probably mexican where i''ll have chicken tacos with salsa and black beans, pretty healthy...and then tomorrow we are going to Mortons which will be serious food...but we have been DYING to go there and this might be our ''last supper'' out with our neighbors before they pop out their baby so we wanted to do something really fun and big...and then sunday we are bbq''ing at a friends house..she is really healthy and wants to drop a few also so we''ll have a nice healthy meal at least. anyhow...if a few of you could throw me some sympathy noises then i''m sure i''ll feel better in a few hours...hehee.
2.gif
these little mental hiccups happen sometimes. OH and it surely does not help when you hang out for 3 days almost consistently with a 100 lb 5''5" coworker who is so tiny overall that a 00 is too big for her. yeah...i felt like a serious hippo even if that is not the case...seeing us walk together in mirrors was like...ooooh. donut?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good rant Mara, and I feel your pain. Both Charlie and I are going through the same thing. I''m not eating one calorie more than I was when I was losing weight, yet the scale gods have not been smiling on either of us. That said, I still think you''re gaining muscle weight and all the extra protein will add bulk, no matter how one slices the cake. I don''t think we can have our cake and eat it too (pun intended). If we are going to work out hard and add extra protein, we have to understand our bodies will take that protien and use it to build lean muscle. That''s the way it works. A year ago when I hurt my back and couldn''t work out for a couple of weeks, I lost weight pretty quickly, only to gain it right back as soon as I started working out. If you stopped working out, you''d likely lose weight too. But, I don''t want to stop working out and I suspect you don''t either, so we have to be comfortable with the idea that we will grow a bit, but in a healthy way.

Chrono, it can happen that way. For most of us the scale gods sometimes frowned on us for weeks at a time. Don''t let it get you down. It''s normal and as long as you''re eating the right things and still exercising the scale will ultimately move for you. Plus as you see in my post and Mara''s post, building muscle can be making the difference completely.

Yay on losing inches Neatfreak!! That is often a much better barometer of progress over the evil nasty scale monster.

Stephanie, good for you only weighing once a week. It is hard to stay off the scale, but I too now only weigh myself once a week. Today is also weigh day for me. I was exactly where I was last week, which at this point in my progress is just fine.

Wow, 4 mile walk in the early AM Skippy??!! I''m lucky to be able to shower, shave and brush my teeth in the early morning. Physical activity so early isn''t in my repertoire!!! LOL

Have fun Househunting Mrssalvo. It''s exciting to see new possibilities!

Katebar, we have a new Mercedes SLK (that''s Charlies car) but I wanted my own convertible. I would have been perfectly happy to get a second SLK, but Charlie felt that was just silly for us to have two 2 seat sport cars, so I wound up ordering the new 3 series convertible because I really feel a hard top convertible is a safer more secure option. Which 3 series did your husband order? And yes, it''s funny to note that our cars are safely (we hope) secured in a boat heading to our respective shores!! Now, I''m excited for both of us!!

It''s almost lunchtime. I''m somehow not too into work today. I think I''ve pushed pretty hard this week and I''m just a bit pooped. But I have much to get done before the day is over and I can''t wait for Sushi and Sapporo night tonight!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all. Well I'm a bit freaked out by my incision at the moment (I won't go into it here but *** SHARON *** if you see this, I started a separate thread asking for advice) and of course my doctor's office hasn't gotten back to me yet so I get to sit here and fret...

Anyway, if it makes anyone feel any better, I have no idea what's going on with my body either in terms of the number on the scale. I am back at my low weight, and for a while I kept thinking it was my hard earned muscle melting away into lighter fat these past three weeks since I haven't worked out, but the pants I have on today are definitely looser than they were a month ago (as a matter of fact I might have to give these up soon) and I have not been particularly good this week at all (as you all know!). Sometimes my body makes sense to me; I count calories and work out and lose weight. Logical. Other times it does not make sense. I've stopped trying to figure it out and am just thankful for the good stuff!

I've told the HH that we need to eat out less. He's such a good cook to begin with, but the thing that always worries me are the calories that I just don't know about or anticipate when go out. For instance, a few weeks ago we went to a French restaurant and I thought I was ordering grilled salmon with spinach and risotto. The part they didn't tell me about on the menu was the creamy butter sauce it would all be swimming in. So, I'm willing to go out for a nice dinner once a week or so, but beyond that we have to scale back. Or else I'm just going to have to start ordering salads with dressing on the side everywhere we go, and what fun is that?

BTW, Hot Bod Rod, you are not doing much to help me right now! We're looking at a second car since I'm going to be doing a lot of driving during the day when the HH is off in the 'burbs at work with our other car. I was leaning toward something *practical*, like maybe a nice late model low mileage Honda Accord, but now...
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee - hold on and don't worry. It is possible that the incision had a tiny area which wasn't quite healed and removing the stitches broke a small blood vessel and this is what you are seeing. Keep still, don't workout and try to keep your leg up on a stool until Sharon or someone sees this. I am sure it is fine, just rest the leg, it should stop soon, but do check with your doc to make sure.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I''m sending sympathy grunts your way. Our bodies can be frustrating at times. My arms refuse to get any smaller than 12" and I still have flab around my lower waist that just won''t go away. I am working very hard to ignore those parts of my body that make me less than happy and focus on the good. Hence the "What do you like about your question" I posed last week.

DeeJay, I haven''t read your other thread yet, but take care of that leg.

Lorelei, how''d you know I go by Kimi?

Today is an all school all day agenda. Except I get to go pick out my birthday present this afternoon, woo hoo! I want a decent wrist watch, nothing too fancy as I tend to bang around but just a nice, feminine watch so I''m not always hunting for a clock to find out what time it is. so we''re going shopping this afternoon.

I''m not sure if I''ll work out or not. I''ve already gotten 4 workouts in this week so I''m not going to fret if I don''t but if I do that would be great!

Happy Friday everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 12:27:32 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Mara, I''m sending sympathy grunts your way. Our bodies can be frustrating at times. My arms refuse to get any smaller than 12'' and I still have flab around my lower waist that just won''t go away. I am working very hard to ignore those parts of my body that make me less than happy and focus on the good. Hence the ''What do you like about your question'' I posed last week.

DeeJay, I haven''t read your other thread yet, but take care of that leg.

Lorelei, how''d you know I go by Kimi?

Today is an all school all day agenda. Except I get to go pick out my birthday present this afternoon, woo hoo! I want a decent wrist watch, nothing too fancy as I tend to bang around but just a nice, feminine watch so I''m not always hunting for a clock to find out what time it is. so we''re going shopping this afternoon.

I''m not sure if I''ll work out or not. I''ve already gotten 4 workouts in this week so I''m not going to fret if I don''t but if I do that would be great!

Happy Friday everyone!
I could just tell! When is your birthday???? WOO HOO CARROT CAKE!!!!
emotion-19.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 11:01:28 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 7/26/2007 10:56:08 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 7/26/2007 10:37:09 PM
Author: Rod
I don''t think a person get''s to choose their own nickname, so you guys have to decide. Hot Rod, Hot Rod Bod, Hot Bod Rod seem to be the options. I''ll leave it up to my WWT family..........LOL
HI:

Rod--you are very good to show forebarence--I meant no offence!!! Honestly. I would never call anyone ''names'' of any sort and what seemed ''immediately'' funny online, perhaps, was not. I am sorry, and I hope you understand me.
17.gif

kind regards, Sharon
Oh My Goodness Dear Sharon. I never for one second took offense at your suggestion for my nickname. I got a kick out of it. Honest, I truly did.
HI:

Oh good! I am relieved!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday! The heat has returned, which makes me feel sluggish and not wanting to exercise.......

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I''m on the side that removing the cover over the incision after all this time did something minor and you''re just fine, but good thing you called the Dr., and sent your question here to make sure nothing could be amiss. Like other''s have said, I''m sure you''re fine. And sorry for putting thoughts of being less practical in that pretty head of yours. There''s a time for practical I suppose. For example, people who own farms or haul things or have large animals should probably be practical. People with children who need to cart them around with their friends and lots of "stuff," should probably be practical. People who need to carry their office in their car, for example salespeople with samples, should think about being practical. But, if you don''t have to be practical and you can put a smile on your face everytime you get in your car, I say, why be practical? And please, I mean no offense or disrespect to anyone who drives a well made, fuel efficient Honda Accord or any other similar car. For many, a Honda Accord is the epitome of luxury and that''s terrific too!

Kimi huh?????
11.gif
9.gif
I think that''s cute!!

Sorry the heat''s returned Sharon.........

FOUR (4) count ''em......Four hours till Sushi and Sapporo Time. Woo Hoo. We went to Panera for lunch so we could scones for our Friday night treat (yummm) and I had my car washed.

I may have a buyer for my E350 but they''re a neighbor and one day they''re interested, then the next day they''re not. Long story, and they seem a bit eccentric, but as of last night they left me a message saying they weren''t interested. Then they called at 7:00 AM this morning (too early for Rod to speak coherantly, I might add) to say they are interested. Anyway, we''re supposed to get together tomorrow AM. I think they think I''m desperate to sell my car and will give them the deal of the century. I am not desperate (I usually take the depreciation and just trade my car - it''s often so much easier), so if they don''t want to pay what I feel the car (it only has 4200 miles on the odometer - yes Rod is crazy) is worth, they won''t get it. That''s why I had the car washed. It''s been rainy lately and it was pretty dirty. At least they should see the car when it''s clean.

Rod rant over.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 12:42:29 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 7/27/2007 12:27:32 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Mara, I'm sending sympathy grunts your way. Our bodies can be frustrating at times. My arms refuse to get any smaller than 12' and I still have flab around my lower waist that just won't go away. I am working very hard to ignore those parts of my body that make me less than happy and focus on the good. Hence the 'What do you like about your question' I posed last week.

DeeJay, I haven't read your other thread yet, but take care of that leg.

Lorelei, how'd you know I go by Kimi?

Today is an all school all day agenda. Except I get to go pick out my birthday present this afternoon, woo hoo! I want a decent wrist watch, nothing too fancy as I tend to bang around but just a nice, feminine watch so I'm not always hunting for a clock to find out what time it is. so we're going shopping this afternoon.

I'm not sure if I'll work out or not. I've already gotten 4 workouts in this week so I'm not going to fret if I don't but if I do that would be great!

Happy Friday everyone!
I could just tell! When is your birthday???? WOO HOO CARROT CAKE!!!!
emotion-19.gif
That's so funny! People who don't know me well usually call me "Kim" and I'm like "Who?"

My birthday is on Sunday. No carrot cake, we're going to one of my favorite restaurants and I'll be having molten chocolate lava cake. I'm going to my parents' house in a few weeks to celebrate, maybe she'll make me a carrot cake!

Rod, I've been Kimi since I was born, that spelling and all. I can't imagine being anything else. It doesn't sound very grown up, but it's my name and it fits.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I could tear up some sushi - and I just ate lunch! Oy.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 1:40:08 PM
Author: Stephanie
I could tear up some sushi - and I just ate lunch! Oy.
I think I could waddle from just about any meal (maybe not breakfast) and eat some Sushi. I''m hopelessly, endlessly addicted to fresh Sushi. I mentioned in my earlier post that we bought scones for dessert, but we''ve decided to have frozen CaliYogurt with the active yogurt cultures for dessert instead. Of course those who know us too well, that will be followed by coffee at Sbucks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, everyone here talks about how bad rice is and you are eating sushi!!! I have serious weakness for unagi sushi. I can easily polish off 2 or 3 rolls by myself.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, I am just like you!!! People call me Steph and I HATE IT
14.gif
but if they call me Stephie I love it since I am Stephanie.
I don''t like Kim for you but I do like Kimi; it just sounds sweeter and I am all about sweet. hehehe
Wow, I am excited for your birthday!!!!! You are such a dear person; it was funny because today I was thinking I wished you lived in my town; I could see us being walking buddy''s! You are such a sweetie
9.gif

DeeJay, I am sorry about your booboo, I hope it heals quick. It sounds icky; you poor thing. Keep it covered and don''t do too much. When is your last day as COO?

Rod, sushi baby!!! Whooo hooo.

Mara, I think the hardest thing is maintaining. I joined WW and lost my weight and kept it off for 2 years, but I struggled everyday. I would gain 2 lbs and then loss them back and forth again and again. I realized I had to pick a weight for me that was easy to maintain and that was 135 since I am only 5''4 but that didn''t make me crazy like 125. You are beautiful and look great so hang in there and find a weight that is comfortable to you; don''t get tied up in the number for sanity sake. I do not weigh 135 now; I wish, I am working on lossing the weight I gained from traveling 5 months out of the year but I know 135 is comfortable for me.

Sharon, are you a nurse? That is so awesome!!!! I hope it cools again; it is weird here today. It is super cloudy so it made it easy for my 4 mile walk today so I understand not wanting the heat around.

I had chicken gumbo for lunch and it didn''t seem oil so I was wondering if that is a healthy soup or not???
33.gif
Tonight I am going to make a lean beef chilli; I have the beans and 96%fat meat ready. heheh
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks to those who tossed me a little sympathy hehee...and some commiseration...!! mentally it definitely helps! i decided this morning that i am going to hire a personal fitness trainer for a while. there are two places near our house that specialize in that type of thing, and the one really close to the house (up the street) has a 7k sq ft facility where they do personal training, cardio and offer classes like kickboxing, the ballet/bar method kind of class, belly dancing etc...so that could be a fun switch up while getting some personal one on one training as well. i really want an expert (and not just the random gym ''trainer'') to do all the tests on me and tell me what i need to do or keep doing or whatever...i know one of the places has the water tank where they measure your body fat...which is supposedly the most accurate way...so i''ll check them both out and see what i come up with as being the better fit for me. also by doing this i can also have the trainer help me target specific things i know i want to work on above and beyond losing those few lbs...like stronger and better looking abs, more toned shoulders, etc.

so i''ll get on that this weekend and hopefully be able to at least get in for a consult next week before our palm springs trip. in the meantime i''m just going to try to cut the portion sizes as mentioned before on things and see what that does. keep my workout schedule and eating the same, just a little less of things. funny but when i came back to work today, my coworker who didn''t go to vegas with us...i was telling her my scale woes and she said ''funny i was going to tell you that you look really thin today''...and i laughed because i seriously feel like a heff after the traveling and indulging. but just a reminder i guess on perceptions. however, i am not where i want to be mentally or physically and i can afford to find out why, so let''s see what the trainer tells me.
3.gif

snack was a 110 cal pria bar and lunch was italian wedding soup from campbells. snack will be most likely another pria bar and some fage or maybe some wow cow. i don''t think i will work out today other than maybe a 2-3m jaunt around the neighborhoods...as i am actually pretty sore from all the stuff i did in vegas.

sushi sounds so yummy rod...tonite i think we are doing mexican so i am craving my tacos...but i definitely want to start doing more sushi, it''s so tasty and nicely healthy!! mrs salvo, happy house hunting! skippy, good for you early morning walk. kimberly happy pre-birthday, hope you guys are planning something fun, birthdays are so special!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak--I''ve also been working out and eating right for four weeks straight and I''ve only lost two pounds, BUT my bodyfat percentages have all gone down. I''m doing a lot of lifting so the muscle mass must be adding weight as I''m losing the fat. It can be frustrating to see that number stay pretty much the same, but when those fat calipers keep registering lower digits I get so excited!

Congrats on losing those inches!

And did I tell you that your cushion was one of the PS cushions that made me decide to get one for my ering? Well, it is, and it did!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A personal trainer? This is serious talk, Mara!
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I just looked at my thermometer, it''s 105 out today! Woowee that''s hot!

Skippy, I''m tellin'' ya, we''d be great friends!

Thanks for the b-day wishes, Mara. We don''t have anything excited planned aside from a nice dinner out at my fave restaurant in La Jolla. It''s the big 3-0 this year. I''m going to see my parents next week and we''re going to go to wine tasting in Santa Barbara to celebrate with a few of my aunts and uncles (the aunts and uncles don''t know we''re celebrating my b-day, they''re just coming along for fun). The trainer sounds like a good idea if you''re really upset about what''s going on. Hopefully he/she will be able to steer you in the right direction.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 3:37:14 PM
Author: Haven
Neatfreak--I've also been working out and eating right for four weeks straight and I've only lost two pounds, BUT my bodyfat percentages have all gone down. I'm doing a lot of lifting so the muscle mass must be adding weight as I'm losing the fat. It can be frustrating to see that number stay pretty much the same, but when those fat calipers keep registering lower digits I get so excited!

Congrats on losing those inches!

And did I tell you that your cushion was one of the PS cushions that made me decide to get one for my ering? Well, it is, and it did!

Awww thanks Haven on all accounts!!! I love my lil' cushion, it's just a gorgeous gorgeous stone. I get many more compliments on it than my friend who has a much bigger frozen spit-esque stone and it drives her crazy because she is a size whore and hers is SO much bigger than mine. People just can't believe the light return from my stone and the pave when the light hits it right. I think we made the perfect choice for us now (being graduate students), but I've got the upgrade bug already.
11.gif
FI knows we'll be calling Mark again as soon as we're making good salaries and have recovered from graduate school!

As for the scale...It seems to be that many people's bodies just don't let the weight go as easily as the *fat*. I'm just happy that I am obviously toning up, which was my goal in the first place. But it can be frustrating to not see anything on the scale especially when it seems to come so easily for many on this board.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I miss this? Happy Birthday Kimi!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you deciding to hire a personal trainer Mara. You know how MUCH we love our training sessions and what we've accomplished as a result of our training sessions. We won't have our next session until September 8th as Charlie will be going out of town to see his family, I will be out for 2 Saturdays because of my procedure and our trainer will be away. I'll really really miss them. It's the absolute best hour of the week (and sometimes the hardest, but I love it anyway).

Chrono, I'm afraid (and please take no offense at this) you may be a rice addict. Come on, step up to the podium and say........"Hello, my name is Chrono and I'm a Riceaholic!!
11.gif
31.gif
9.gif
While it's true I do eat Sushi, Charlie and I share 3 rolls between the two of us. And while we do this twice a week, between Sushi Nights (BSN) we are so very careful with what we eat, that we feel the indulgence is OK. Plus, as you've seen from my posts, we work out pretty intensely 5 days week. Fortunately, our Sushi indulgences have not led to any weight gain over many many months now. I could not however, imagine eating 2 - 3 rolls all by myself. (Again, please take my musings in the humor in which they are meant - OK?)

Kimi (seem's funny to write that), I'm wishing you an early happy birthday, but will wish you one again on Sunday. I hope you found the watch that you like. I can't remember the brand, it's VERY high end, but there's watch they make with a double crystal with diamonds floating in the crystal. I think they start around $5,000 for the watch, but they are "uber" cool. That's what you should be asking the birthday fairy to bring. Yeah, that's it..........

Stephie (seems funny to write that too!!), I think Chicken gumbo is a healthy soup and your dinner sounds healthy too, so I don't think you have anything to fret there!!

One hour 45 minutes till Sushi/Sapporo time. Not that Hot Bod Rod's counting the minutes or anything...........

ETA: The watch brand came to me.......Chopard. UBER COOL!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s okay, Hot Bod Rod.
1.gif
I get the humour. But in all seriousness, it''s the eel and the sauce that I love.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I too can eat 2 or 3 rolls easy. My favorite is the philly roll and cali roll and shrimp tempura; which are naughty.
11.gif

Rod, LOL, you are too adorable w/your Kimi and Stephie. Huge hug. Yay, for sushi super soon; you are making me hungry
3.gif
Wow, just think your BMW will be here before you know it; it is madatory that we get pics of you in that awesome baby when it comes in
31.gif
31.gif
Thanks for letting me know about the gumbo, what a relief.
9.gif

Kimi, 30 is great! I loved when I turned 30; I will be facing 32 the end of this year. boowhoo. Enjoy it!!! I know we would be the best of friends.
9.gif

Mara, yay for a trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results