shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd July till 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!! sounds like everyone is having a good day so far. good for you miss lorelei on a saturday evening workout! skippy glad you're feeling better. marcy, a PT sounds like a good idea for you as well, you can start incorporating more of the right types of exercise in now i would imagine!

we went and did our hike, 4.8miles and then i headed off to my appt...and ran some errands (TJs, WF, the meat place)...and am just now sitting down to eat a bit of late lunch. before my appt on the way there i ate a 0% fage with splenda and ls TJ's blueberry jam mixed together, super yummy and 100 cals and 13g protein so definitely helped my muscles! now i am having some of the TJs' spicy egg white salad (love this stuff and the chive onion one, esp mixed together!) in a warmed 1/2 pita with a baggie of carrots and a handful of cherries. i don't want to eat too much so i will be hungry at dinner later. for those interested, the TJ's egg white salad comes in the little plastic container like the hummus and the whole container is only 100 cals and about 14g protein and 4g fat. like 2g carbs. it's YUMMY, i mix them together and then pack it in a 1/2 pita so the whole thing is like 150 cals ( i can never use the whole container) and it has 17g protein and 6g fat and 3g fiber (from the pita). totally yummy and hits the spot for a few hours. i love them on weekends especially because we tend to eat more lightly during the days then have larger meals out at night so this helps keep my cals down but with a tasty and nutrient filled way.

diamondsrock..sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your weight loss...it's crazy that you cut out the soda and gained weight, did you give the weight enough time to disperse in case it was just scale fluctuations or something? totally odd. what about drinking diet soda so you still get the caffeine but not the cals? or drinking black or green tea which has caffeine but 0 cals. coffee also is 0 cals and caffeine.

by the way DJ your note on the orange vs banana is totally up my alley. that is what they say about a lot of diff foods, aka you can eat a lot of some veggies but only a bit of another for the same cals. and fruits as well. of course each fruit and veggie has their own type of nutrient and positive...but maybe do a 1/2 banana and 1/2 orange week so you get nutrients from both fruits and can cut out 1/2 the cals you were consuming by just eating bananas. moderation!

oh and i don't remember who told me not to become obsessed...but ITS TOO LATE! hahaa. i think it's easy for that to happen when you end up getting so into it especially from a research perspective (aka what is good for me, what does my body need), and learning a ton about it all, and meeting the goal then wanting to stay there etc. plus my personality and thought process in general is extreme that it's hard for me to go 'que sera sera!' anyway the PT thing i think will def help me figure out what's realistic for me and what types of goals i can set that are reachable so i won't be frustrated anymore with my body. plus i am curious to show an expert my diet (i'm logging again since i am sure they will ask me to) and say, what do you think? what can i improve upon, what is not enough of something etc. i left a message for the place closest to me but they were only open til 1pm today so i hopefully will hear from them on monday.

so now i am kind of tired...i don't know if our bike ride will happen today so maybe tomorrow, i might take a walk over to the rose garden area and drop my library books back anyway, or i might do that tomorrow...i think we are walking to dinner later and my legs were pretty sore this morning on our hike so i don't want to totally overdo it. a little nap on the couch sounds nice hehee.

it's a beautiful day here, i loved driving around in my zippy mini with the sunroof open. my sister is downstairs washing my car...i can't wait to have a nice sparkly car again!!! have a great saturday evening all!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from car shopping (more on that when I have a little extra time) and now we''re on our way to dinner with a client. I was a little good today and a little bad, so we''ll see how dinner goes.

Rod, as disappointed as I''m sure you''ll be, I think we''re getting a used Honda Accord as our second car. There was a BWM Z3 (?) that made my heart sign, but I wasn''t too thrilled with the idea of a lot of maintenance.
8.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a strange day food wise. We ate breakfast at a restaurant so I had 1 piece of French toast,1/3 of my scrambled eggs and 1 piece of bacon. For lunch we were still out and about so we split a bacon cheeseburger and I ate 10 french fries. For supper I made pizza; my 2 little pieces were GREAT! Tomorrow we are having steaks on the grill so we can try out our new steak knives. My DH said he’d cut mine up for me. Ha Ha. We bought a fresh pineapple at the store today and he cut it up for me. He just doesn’t trust me with sharp objects yet. He said he didn’t want to spend the day at the emergency room. The pineapple tastes really good. It’s nice and fresh.
Mara, I agree I can do more now than even a few months ago; I just need to find someone who can help me. I tried the phys ed teacher at the college a few months ago but she suggested pretty much what I was already doing. Your long hike this morning sounds marvelous. I hope you get a chance to go enjoy the roses today or tomorrow. I am sure you’ll enjoy having a sparkling clean car.
DeeJay, have fun with the client for dinner. I hope your incision gets better soon.
Well, I must go do dishes and continue reading.
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All!

I ended up spending 2 hours in the yard and filling three large black bags with shrubbery, so I am counting it as a workout for the day. No watch shopping, I decided I want to go on my b-day, so tomorrow it is. I''m making a CL recipe of oven fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits for dinner along with a fruit salad. I need to get back to the kitchen!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, Rod is not in the least disappointed. I hope the Honda is everything you need and then some!!
36.gif
And BTW., I have had many Honda''s (including an S2000 2 seat roadster - which was a lot of fun, but practical in any stretch of the imagination) along the way and have been extremely pleased with their reliability. They just didn''t always make my heart flutter, but they are so well built and safe. I hope your Honda is a beauty!! And I would agree that a Z3 is getting a little too late a model and the maintenance would likely be an issue.

Mara on the coffee subject, I have read that coffee before and after a workout can be good. I''ve never heard anything about it not being great if your workout will last longer than an hour and as you know our workouts are always longer than an hour, and on the weekends we have our coffee right before our workout and I truly believe my workouts are often better as a result. We''ve also had coffee imediately following a workout because I read that coffee can help muscles recover from stress. Who knows if that''s really true or just something the "coffee growers" came up with to sell more coffee.

diamonsrock.....don''t worry, the scale will budge, you''ve just hit a plateau, which is normal and oh so frustrating, but goes with the territory. It''s true that our metabolisms do slow with age, but one thing you might want to make sure is that you''re eating enough. Depriving the body of too many calories can put the body in starvation mode and it slows the metabolism to a very low level to keep every calorie and fat molecule it can, because it thinks it''s being starved. Many of us, myself included found that weight came off easier with a higher calorie diet (healthy foods, not fattening foods - NO HIGH CALORIE SODA''s) and fitness.

Enjoy your friends 40th Bday Stephie. I''m sure when you''re 50 you''re going to look 29 and absolutely stunningly beautiful to boot!!

Danielle, we all go through slumps. The trick is to get yourself back up and in the fitness saddle again. Sounds like you''re planning to do just that!! We''ll look forward to hearing you worked out next week!

Woo Hoo on 50 minutes of cardio Lorelei!!! You too for pedaling on the max Sharon!!

We had a terrific day today. We went to Nordstroms Semi Annual Sale and we both got another "hot" tshirt from the same brand we found in the ''uber'' boy''s store we bought our first "hot" tshirts from. It''s so exciting to be able to wear something that is more form fitting and feel really good about how you look in it. It makes all the nights slaving away in the gym worth every second!

Speaking of which, by the time we had our coffee (at the mall though, not under our oak tree), and shopped, etc., it was nearly 4 by the time we hit the gym. But, we did our full workout and even did some "super" setting to speed things up a bit. Super setting is going between machines and going back and forth to work different muscle groups as simultaneously as you can and without break. It''s pretty tiring to do and can''t really be done well when the gym''s really busy, but on a Saturday afternoon at 4, it was virtually empty. So, it was fun and exhausting.

For dinner we decided to go to our favorite waterfront spot and I had barbequed wings and steamed shrimp for dinner. It was a beautiful night sitting out on the water watching the yachts pull into dock and the sunset too. Then we headed to our new favorite yogurt place, then Sbucks (this time under the oak tree) and then home for a nice swim and soak in the hot tub.

I hope everyone''s enjoying their Saturday night. Will check in again later and then tomorrow for sure!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 3:09:56 PM
Author: diamondsrock
hi all!

I haven''t posted on here in a looooong time, but here goes!

Been reading everyone''s stories here and can relate to some of them. For me, I am doing what I should and the scale just isn''t moving. Not even one pound this week and it''s so frustrating. So I can relate to you Chrono!

Is it true our metabolism slows down as we age? A few years ago, what I''ve been doing would have showed a drop on the scale, but now nothing. It seems I have to work harder and longer at working out to get the same result I would get before with half the amount of effort. At this rate, I''ll be working out 5 hours a day in 10 years just to keep the same weight I am today? That is a depressing thought.
7.gif

Also, I kicked caffeine a few weeks ago and saw a 5 pound increase on the scale.
emsmileo.gif
I figured maybe the caffeine was helping me burn more calories? so I am back to the soda (only one diet soda per day, though! I''ve really scaled back.) As with coffee, there are conflicting theories about caffeine and weight loss. I think for me, I felt good without the caffeine, but the weight gain I could do without. Espeically since I was trying to drop 5 pounds before, now I need to drop 10.

So just wanted to chime in! You all are so amazing with your motivation and stories.
do you think it could be water? everything i read says caffeine dehydrates you. just a thought. hth.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2007 10:50:55 PM
Author: crown1

Date: 7/28/2007 3:09:56 PM
Author: diamondsrock
hi all!

I haven''t posted on here in a looooong time, but here goes!

Been reading everyone''s stories here and can relate to some of them. For me, I am doing what I should and the scale just isn''t moving. Not even one pound this week and it''s so frustrating. So I can relate to you Chrono!

Is it true our metabolism slows down as we age? A few years ago, what I''ve been doing would have showed a drop on the scale, but now nothing. It seems I have to work harder and longer at working out to get the same result I would get before with half the amount of effort. At this rate, I''ll be working out 5 hours a day in 10 years just to keep the same weight I am today? That is a depressing thought.
7.gif

Also, I kicked caffeine a few weeks ago and saw a 5 pound increase on the scale.
emsmileo.gif
I figured maybe the caffeine was helping me burn more calories? so I am back to the soda (only one diet soda per day, though! I''ve really scaled back.) As with coffee, there are conflicting theories about caffeine and weight loss. I think for me, I felt good without the caffeine, but the weight gain I could do without. Espeically since I was trying to drop 5 pounds before, now I need to drop 10.

So just wanted to chime in! You all are so amazing with your motivation and stories.
do you think it could be water? everything i read says caffeine dehydrates you. just a thought. hth.
Actually, I had always believe that coffee dehydrates, just like you. But, there was a study recently in which it was proven that coffee does not dehydrate and the study went on to say that coffee hydrates as well as water. But then next week, maybe they''ll publish something saying that coffee promotes.............
40.gif
(well you get the idea)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s the caffeine in coffee that acts as a diuretic and can dehydrate you if you''re not drinking enough water throughout the day...also, caffeine does help speed up metabolism/energy, that''s why the active ingredient (and a ton of it) in diet pills is caffeine or herbs that contain caffeine. If you really need caffeine to get you going, you could try green tea or other types that contain antioxidants, that way at least you''re doing something healthy while getting your fix. Course I love Diet Coke myself so I''m not one to talk about drinking healthy teas, LOL!

Today I went for a long 3 mile walk in the forest preserve with my oldest beagle, Milo. He''s a typical beagle in that he''s gained a little extra weight now that he''s almost 4, so I figured he could use more exercise just like his mom! I wore my camelpak (water supply backpack) and brought along a little softsided doggie bowl and bottle of water for him. He loved walking through the woods, I''ve never taken him before and it was fun. We had to stop and smell the "roses" a lot, and visit with lots of other doggies and parents, but all in all it was a good low impact workout for both of us. The puppy was all over us when we got back home, I think she was jealous smelling us with all those new scents attached to our bodies that she didn''t get to experience! Poor ol'' milo''s been sacked out on the couch for the better part of the afternoon and evening, I totally wore him out!

Dinner tonight was La Cabanita veggie tacos for me, steak tacos AND loaded nachos for DH. I felt ok about splurging a bit with calories since I had a nice long walk, so I added some of their fabulous guac to my tacos and even had a couple of plain tortilla chips. It was SOOOO good. I love Mexican food, but it''s like pizza, I can''t indulge too often, so when I do I''m in absolute taste bud heaven.

Sounds like everyone''s having a pretty good weekend...hope your Sundays are relaxing and fun!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all...we just got home from dinner and it was pretty tasty...not super fabulous but very good. I had never eaten at a Morton''s before and I''m pretty picky about food considering we have so much fabulous food here...so I have been dying to try it. I had a raspberry vodka mojito with fresh crushed raspberries which was really yummy. They served us this huge loaf of onion egg bread which I just looked at for a long time...it''s one of those things where you know what it tastes like by looking at it. Imagine sweet hawaiian bread but with onion crust/top. I eventually had a small piece with a bit of butter and it was good but I am glad I didn''t eat a ton of it just as filler. We all split a scallop wrapped in bacon appetizer, each getting one scallop, which was yummy...and then Greg and I shared a wedge salad (mine with vinaigrette dressing) and a lobster bisque. I have had some amazing bisques and this one was just mediocre. I only had a little bit of it. The wedge salad was pretty good, nothing to write home about but not bad either. My girlfriend and I split a filet mignon which was 14oz so we each got about 6oz when cooked, which was perfect...I almost always have my own steak since no one typically likes to share and end up overstuffed big time or not eating 1/2 of a very expensive steak. Splitting it was great, and the steak itself was prepared perfectly and I loved how it came with no sauce on it, there was some on the side but it definitely did not need it, it was tasty. We also shared mushrooms and balsamic asparagus and 1/2 potatoes. I had 2 asparagus and some mushrooms with my steak, and ate 1/2 my potato with a bit of butter, sour cream, and bacon. For dessert we had coffee (boys had port) and we shared a chocolate souffle with real cream. It was yummy but again nothing to write home about. Didn''t stop me from eating our half though heehe. So overall, an enjoyable dinner, we''ll be trying it again I''m sure...service was great and a good ambiance, not too stuffy or fancy and fab company of course with our friends/neighbors. We can talk so easily with them, before we know it 4 hours have passed!

So now it''s off to bed...hope everyone had a great Saturday, monnie your dinner sounds yummy, kind of like mine last nite at our fave Mexi place except I had chickie and shrimp tacos! Rod, I seriously can''t believe that you guys go to Starbucks every day (is it really every day??)...I can''t think of a place I go every day other than WORK!
3.gif
Good for you on a speedy workout and I agree that I like my coffee here and there after or before workouts as well. Who really knows what it does or doesn''t do!

Tomorrow Greg and my dad and our neighbor are going to the grand prix and I will putter around and run some errands and get a workout in at some point...a long walk maybe, or I might brave the gym and do some machine work and a walk...and then we have a BBQ at our friend''s house...it''s just us 4 and I got meats from that same place as last weekend so that will be VERY tasty...I think she''s making a salad or two and another side and then she is making the peach and berry cobbler from last month''s Cooking Light. She is trying to lose a few lbs so I know she won''t have anything too bad for us for dinner hehe. Should be fun...Portia loves her backyard as she has squirrels and other wildlife so it will be a nice time to hang out with them for a while and catch up. Then back to the daily grind on Monday for a super busy workweek that I am not looking fwd to. But oh well, that''s Monday and it''s still Saturday!! Nite all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara you almost made me want to go back to meat eating with your description of the petit filet. That used to be the ONLY cut of meat I would touch due to the lack of fat, lol! Morton''s is alright, but imo not THE best...those types of restaurants I feel are more about fabulous service and wines and steaks more than the other accoutrements like salads and desserts. DH took me to the one downtown here once and I wasn''t as impressed as i thought I would be. We''ve had better experiences at other rests who featured better wines and more diverse menus, I guess. Glad to hear you loved the dessert, though, I know that is your palate''s fave and sounds like the choco souffle at least hit the spot even if it wasn''t tdf.

And yes, our tacos were great tonight, as always. I have to admit with a tiny bit of guilt that your post I think yesterday was the inspiration for my Mexi mood...but DH totally read my mind about it today and suggested it so I can''t give you full credit! LOL! So good, though, and so worth however many calories happen to be lurking in those flour tortillas. The rest of the ingreds I think I can figure out, but I don''t know if the fry their flour torts or what. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration!
35.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
hello again!
I meant to edit my last post, I was drinking diet coke with caffeine, not regular coke with all the calories. So the only difference when I quit was the drop in caffeine, which I think led to the weight gain. I quit regular full calorie coke years ago after getting too many cavities!
I walked for three miles yesterday and it felt great. I am going to just focus on keeping it up and not checking the scale every day. It seems like I am on a plateau which is new for me.
Rod, I am watching calories but not to the point where I would go into starvation mode. I did hear that before so I am careful not to go that far.
Hope you all have a good day today! Very muggy here so my walk may wait unti this evening, although I may do some strength training this aftenoon.
Dee Jay - I own a Honda and they are great! So reliable you don't need to worry about maintenance very often. Great cars.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Welcome aboard, diamondsrock! I''d defitinely step away from the scale for a bit if it''s frustrating you. It can be discouraging and that is not conducive to being healthy!

Marcy, I love fresh pineapple. John eats it most every day.

Monnie, your walk sounds so fun! Glad Milo enjoyed it. Your mentioning the camel pack sent visions of 3Days through my head.

Mara, sounds like the steak was delicious. We''ve never been to Morton''s as we''ve heard so many mixed reviews about it, similiar to yours, actually...great steak decent everything else or "accoutrements" as monnie so elequently stated! Your BBQ sounds yummy, enjoy!

I''m going to workout inside this morning; then it''s watch shopping and dinner, yummy for the tummy! I can''t wait. Hope everyone has a fantastic morning!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2007 11:06:03 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

Welcome aboard, diamondsrock! I''d defitinely step away from the scale for a bit if it''s frustrating you. It can be discouraging and that is not conducive to being healthy!

Monnie, your walk sounds so fun! Glad Milo enjoyed it. Your mentioning the camel pack sent visions of 3Days through my head.

Mara, sounds like the steak was delicious. We''ve never been to Morton''s as we''ve heard so many mixed reviews about it, similiar to yours, actually...great steak decent everything else or ''accoutrements'' as monnie so elequently stated! Your BBQ sounds yummy, enjoy!

I''m going to workout inside this morning; then it''s watch shopping and dinner, yummy for the tummy! I can''t wait. Hope everyone has a fantastic morning!
Does this mean that as it is your birthday, you might be having Creme Brulee again?* she asks wistfully*

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 11:15:38 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 7/29/2007 11:06:03 AM
Morning All!

Mara, sounds like the steak was delicious. We''ve never been to Morton''s as we''ve heard so many mixed reviews about it, similiar to yours, actually...great steak decent everything else or ''accoutrements'' as monnie so elequently stated! Your BBQ sounds yummy, enjoy!

Does this mean that as it is your birthday, you might be having Creme Brulee again?* she asks wistfully*
Hmmm, it''s a possibility. But this place makes a molten chocolate lava cake that is truly to die for, so we shall see. I''ll box a creme brulee up and send it to you though, my sweet friend. Thanks again for the thread in hang out, it made my morning!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome!

I could just eat a trough of Creme Brulee actually - or some CC come to think of it!
41.gif
As it is your BD Kim, I would have the molten chocolate pudding AND Creme Brulee....
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, your walk with puppy sounded like fun and the dinner sounded great as well!

Mara, I like Mortons, but agree it''s just a good, not fabulous meal. Of the steakhouses like Ruths Chris, Capital Grill, etc., I like Morton''s better, but for me, it''s a business dinner restaurant more than a go out for a fun dinner kind of place. And while we don''t sit at Starbucks EVERY day, we do have Starbucks coffee EVERY day. During the week, we usually have lunch at the mall near our office and on our way out, we usually stop at Starbucks and grab a cup of coffee and take it back to the office with us. We typically only sit at Starbucks on Friday night, Sat and Sun.

Today will be a somewhat normal day. We just had our fruit and scone on the terrace and we''ll head out soon for a quick lunch, coffee at Starbucks and the gym. Then home for dinner and nothing extra planned. Charlie has to travel some for business (tomorrow, but back Tuesday).

Have a great day everyone!!

Happy Birthday Dear Kimberly........Happy Birthday Dear Kimberly......Have a wonderful day shopping for your new watch (diamond crusted Chopard.......diamond crusted Chopard!! LOL)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
I got up early to make breakfast before my husband’s early tee time. We had some fresh pineapple and I made Belgian waffles (I ate about 2/3 of one) and had 1 piece of bacon. For dinner (lunch) we are having baked potatoes, and steak on the grill, raw veggies and for supper we’ll probably graze (maybe fruit and something snacky). I am reading my HP book today so probably won’t do much else.
Kimberly, garden work is hard exercise. I am going to go out and pick off dead / dying flowers today. The hard rains we’ve had 4 days in a row have taken their toll on my flowers. Pineapple is one of the few fruits I can get my DH to eat so maybe I’ll keep picking up fresh ones. Enjoy your molten lava cake. It’s so yummy.
Rod, that’s great you and Charlie bought some more hot tees. You’ll both be so dashing in your new Beemer.
Monarch, you walk sounds lovely and I’m glad you got to delight your taste buds with some tacos. I love tacos too. You can always ask the restaurant if they fry their tortillas. I used to eat several chips at one our local Mexican restaurants because they are flour so I deluded myself they were baked not fried. My mother asked one time when I met my parents there for lunch and was so sorry to hear they are fried. Now I can only have 5 when we go there. Rats.
Mara, your dinner at Morton’s sounds marvelous. I like to split meals with my DH and my mom and I do that quite a bit. She’s now a lifetime member of ww so she is always watching what she eats.
Diamondsrock, I am glad you are not going to focus on the scale. Your 3 mile walk sounds marvelous.
Have a great Sunday!
36.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
You''re crackin'' me up, Rod!!!

Lorelei, I''ll send you both! And a glass of sparkling wine!

Marcy, it was hard work, my shoulders are sore this morning. We have a large piece of property and lots more yard work to do! Good thing we have a gardener helping us.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I love a good steak. You need to come to Albuquerque and eat at "Paul's Monterey Inn." This place is a time warp and the locals frequent it since it is delicious with a capital D!!!! You walk back into the 60's and it is dark w/dark big booths and the sides are yummy and homemade bread and the best bluecheese salads and of course melt in your mouth steak!!! Some come on down.
18.gif

Rod, that sounds wonderful sitting and eating a lovely meal and watching the ships. Awwwwww, the good life!!! You really know how to enjoy it.
9.gif
Thank you dear friend for the sweet comment about me at 40!

DeeJay, Honda Accords are great! I am excited to hear what you are getting!

Marcy, I worry about you and the knives too! Be careful; I too love pineapple. It is like candy!!! hehe

Monnie, your Milo sounds so cute; glad you went to the Preserve to enjoy natures beauty while getting a great walk in!

Diamondsrock, great job on your walk!

Kimberly, I found a quote from Maya Angello “love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it” I believe you live your life that way so I thought it was fitting since you admire the wonderful Maya! Cheers dear friend and Happy Birthday to a lovely lady, you!!!
emcocktl.gif

No exercise for me, hubby drank one beer and I drank a little too much (I am such a light weight).
14.gif
Last night I went to my friends b day party and I danced and danced! I did not love the food so I didn't eat much which is great! My friend bought a house on a hill overlooking the city and the mountains so it was nice watching all the city lights twinkle. She had a great 40th b day party which she deserved!
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful quote posted by one of my favorite PS friends attributed to a woman I admire greatly, I LOVE it Skip! I may have to make it my signature.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 12:51:43 PM
A beautiful quote posted by one of my favorite PS friends attributed to a woman I admire greatly, I LOVE it Skip! I may have to make it my signature.
ahh, you know you are one of my favorites too; glad you liked it!!! Have a wonderful wonderful day my friend!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday morning all!

I am happy to report the leg at least doesn't seem any worse (I hate to be TOO optimistic and declare it to be getting better, LOL) but I'm going to put off working out for a few more days. My next opportunity will be on Thursday because I'm tied up with clients every evening until the, but by Thursday I should have *some* confidence level (or not... ) that I won't be doing myself any harm.

***SHARON***, again, I thank you sincerely for all the handholding these past few days. (And don't go anywhere just in case I need some more!
9.gif
)

Back to the car shopping for a second. We went to one of the 'burbs where they have a LONG row of car dealerships and stopped at pretty much all of them just to see what was out there. The HH had this idea that he liked the Acrua RSX but that was nixed pretty quickly once we took it for a test drive. After living in the comfort cacoon of our Lexus RX330 for so many years I felt like I was on some sort of Dinsey Land ride (and I don't mean that in a good way!) and the suspension was just way to hard. We also test drove the Maxima, which had a REALLY touchy accelerator (it was a V6) and every time the HH took off from a stop, no matter how careful he tried to be, we both about ended up with whiplash. Going and test driving the Honda though was like coming hope again. We had an Accord for 7 years before we got the Lexus and everything about it is pretty comfortable. As a matter of fact, if the Accord we had hadn't turned into Dominick The Donkey we might still have the thing! (I guess that deserves some explanation... The car would make this *noise* in the trunk area whenever we could go over a bump and it started right around the time National Public Radio was playing the Christmas song Dominick the Donkey for the season so we named the car Dominick because the noise coming from the trunk was the exact same noise that the donkey makes in that song. Yes, I know, we're crazy... ) BUT, the HH just came in from walking The Demon and The Monster and said, what about a Jetta? So I guess we're not as close to being done as I thought we were...
20.gif

Marcy, I'm breezing through my HP book too so I'll be interested in your opinion once we get done.

Rod, I agree with you on Mortons. It used to be my favorite place to have a steak but my opinion has changed over time. Now my favorite place to have a steak is right in my own dining room, LOL.

Kimi - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm with Lorelei, have the creme brulee AND the chocolate cake!

Diamondsrock, good for you on the three mile walk. And yes, definitely step away from the evil scale! About the Honda, until ours turned into Dominick The Donkey I don't recall every having ANY maintenance issues. What a beautiful thing!

Monnie, the thing that always bothered me the most about the Morton's downtown was that it was underground. I dated a guy who ate there at least once a week. I always felt like we were going down into a cave. I'm not claustrophobic, but that always made me a little uneasy.

Mara, I know what you mean about meals being good but not great. The HH and I were having that exact same discussion last night on the way home. We dropped $378 for dinner for the four of us and I enjoyed it but I wasn't having any sort of food-gasm over it. We've decided that we often like the appetizers and dessert best, and the entres are what we like the least, so we're going to try sitting at the bar at a few nice restaurants and just ordering small things and seeing how it goes. I don't mind spending some serious $ on a great meal, but when we all leave a place going "that was OK..." then I am not happy.

Skippy/Stephi, glad you're on the mend! And thanks for asking about my CCO position. I didn't give any hard and fast timeline for leaving since I knew it would take a while to find and train a new person. They don't seem to be moving very fast though--I "quit" two weeks ago and as far as I know I'm the only one who has even been out there looking for a replacement!

Danielle, I will confess right along with you. Even though I've not been able to do cardio for the past 3+ weeks, there's no reason I haven't been working on my arms. Sometimes it just gets away from you though and the next thing you know you haven't worked out in X days and you're like -- woah! how did that happen! Hope you enjoyed the wedding.

Jas, since you live right by me are there any restaurants that you walk to that you really love? When the weather is good the HH and I really enjoy walking to dinner and back but we feel like we go to the same places over and over again, so any suggestions would be most welcome!

Katebar, LOL on the "mid life crisis black interior" -- too funny!

Neatfreak, I am afraid to even try a good old fashioned pushup! I might end up flat on my face on the floor with my wobbly weak arm muscles screaming in pain...

Lorelei, thank you for all the calming advice the other day about my dreaded leg. You’re always such a good influence when I’m freaking out about something!

Anyway all, off to my open house. And tonight I am going to start working on the mailing telling people I’m going full time real estate. I think that will make it feel more “real”.

Sorry for the SUPER long post—I felt like I had a lot to catch up on this week!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, thank you for all the calming advice the other day about my dreaded leg. You’re always such a good influence when I’m freaking out about something!

Glad to have been able to help Dee! I know how it is as I freak out regularly myself!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2007 1:09:40 PM

Glad to have been able to help Dee! I know how it is as I freak out regularly myself!

YOU? Never! You''re like the most level headed person that I know. But if you do ever feel the urge to freak out this is a great place to do it, LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2007 1:18:08 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 7/29/2007 1:09:40 PM

YOU? Never! You''re like the most level headed person that I know. But if you do ever feel the urge to freak out this is a great place to do it, LOL!
Actually, I must hide it well as my Father often used to say if I didn''t have anything to worry about, I would find something - and he was right! My MO is to freak out usually at a problem, it is as if I get into fight or flight mode, then after about half an hour the fog clears and I start to think my way through what to do about it. It is a good thing I am married to an optimist as I can be very negative and it can be hard to fight it at times! But I plod on!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all and happy birthday kimberly! hope you have a lovely day...birthdays are awesome.

yeah i agree with what you all have said re: okay dinners. the dinner last nite was expensive, probably about $500 for the 4 of us as the guys shared a bottle of $100 wine, and our neighbors paid, against our wishes...they said we have hosted them for multiple BBQ's and we have picked up a few dinners here and there but we did not want the one they picked up to be uber expensive, oh well. we are already planning on how to 'get them back' hehee. i told greg, don't worry when they have the baby, we'll be bringing takeout to their house way more often than going out, so that'll be our way of cutting even hehe.

but yeah, there are far better places we have been to where we would happy spend the $500. so while we'll probably go back to mortons, it won't be very often....and there are 2-3 great steak places around here we love, so we will be back at those first i am sure. on the plus side mortons is a mile away so we can walk there and back, but also the grill which is at the fairmont is a FAB steak place, traditional but with california flair. their iceberg wedge and lobster bisque are two of my FAVES and their steaks are great as well, they also offer kobe beef, and their desserts are literally to die for. typically i get their fresh fruit cobbler which is always such a treat. so yeah we'll end up there first before mortons. but it was fun to try it out and the ambiance was definitely good, lots of people watching as the grand prix is in town this weekend. and i totally agree about spending $$ on quality food. there is too much great food out there to eat at mediocre places!!

so we slept in a bit this morning which felt good. now we are having breakfast which is oatmeal bran blueberry pancakes with butter and sf syrup (regular for greg!) and scrambled eggs (egg whites for me) with 2% jalapeno jack. yummy coffee of course. i have to figure out what i am going to do for workout but i am thinking going to the gym to burn a few hundred cals on the elliptical, and then doing a 2.5m walk to and fro the library later will work out nicely this afternoon.

poor greg, i forgot to put sugar in the pancakes and while i like them like that, greg is like 'what are these' hahaha...but he is using real maple syrup which should add a fair amount of sweetness to his so i don't feel too bad...hehe.

i was also talking to my girlfriend last nite about a PT and she was raving about one she had before they moved here, so she was stressing the importance of getting a great one and not just some random person, which i totally agree with. she mentioned that this guy got her to drop 3% body fat in 3 weeks which apparently is almost unheard of...apparently she builds muscle pretty quickly. and this guy went from like 18% to 2% while he was training for some endurance race. so now i am like YEAH i definitely want to find someone who understands how i might want to take it to the next level, this is just not about getting into shape and losing weight which i already have done...i want to take my body from where it is now to a better machine. so i'm really ecxited now to find the right person. so i will be focusing on that this week for sure and then i can start the program or whatever when we get back from Palm Springs (and i'll need it then too!).

so anyhow, hope everyone has fabulous Sunday's planned...enjoy!!! and kim (hehe sorry i just can't bring myself to call anyone over the age of 15 anything with an i on the end!!), enjoy your wonderful bday dinner and hope you find the right watch! DJ kudos on the new car, lady!! marcy your breakfast sounded tasty, yummy. skip, if we are ever in ABQ i will def try that place. greg has a friend in ABQ so we may visit up there someday, but not sure when hehe. there are so many places on our 'wanna' list.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning ya''ll! No exercise for me today--my quads are barking at me from yesterday''s work out. The groceries I''ll be hauling around today will be enough!

DeeJay--it was my pleasure! But hold off on the jumping jacks for a few more days.......
1.gif

Lorelei: is it still wet and flooding in your neck of the woods? Because we have a nice dry, and I might add rather warm room for you here.....don''t know where we''d put your four legged munchkin tho...
9.gif

Has anyone tried those GNC Muscle Milk protein bars?

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, I am sure you yard is gorgeous with all of the attention it gets. I filled 2 grocery bags of dead or dying flowers this morning. I took a chair with me this time because I knew there would be tons to cut off after all the rain. I hope your shoulders feel better soon.
Skippy, I swear I have a healthy respect for knives these days. I love the quote you posted; wise words to live by. Thanks. It sounds like you had a marvelous time at your friend’s b-day party last night.
Dee, I hope your leg will soon show major improvement. When we were car shopping 2 years ago we couldn’t agree on which car to buy so we narrowed it down to 4 cars. Then we picked about 8 categories that were important to us and we each got to rate the cars from 1 to 4 in each categories. The car with the most points won. Have fun exploring all the new cars out there. I am going to read more HP as soon as I get baked potatoes in the oven. I’m with you on pushups; it would be more comedic than productive for me. That’s great news you are moving forward and notifying contacts of your full time status. Yeah! It is now one step closer to reality.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2007 2:00:11 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Good morning ya'll! No exercise for me today--my quads are barking at me from yesterday's work out. The groceries I'll be hauling around today will be enough!

DeeJay--it was my pleasure! But hold off on the jumping jacks for a few more days.......
1.gif

Lorelei: is it still wet and flooding in your neck of the woods? Because we have a nice dry, and I might add rather warm room for you here.....don't know where we'd put your four legged munchkin tho...
9.gif

Has anyone tried those GNC Muscle Milk protein bars?

cheers--Sharon
Sharon - the weather is now * slightly pants* a little bit of sun, a little bit of rain, so not sure what it is going to do next!! I think things are better in the flooded areas of the country now. Thank you so much for the offer of accomodation for us all, I would need the Ark for all my kiddies, I horse, 2 ponies, 9 cats, 4 chickens and a horrible little rabbit! I think that is all....Can we still visit??
9.gif

Speaking of Muscle Milk bars, has anyone tried those Oh Yeah bars? I have seen them in Muscle Mags and one has a peanut butter shell with peanut butter and jelly flavour filling, they make my mouth water when I see them, but I have a feeling they might be pants tastewise!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haven't tried those sharon as i am all about the most protein for lowest cals (protein itself is only 4 cals per gram so anything more than that is typically stuff i don't want to deal with like fat or carbs....like a 20g protein bar for 250 cals? it makes me wonder what ELSE is in there???) and so many of those protein bars have really high cals as they are tended as meal replacements. i really like the south beach bars so far, they are huge and pretty yummy (think rice crispy treat with chocolate and PB kinda thing) and 20g protein for 210 cals. but still, i can have an egg white salad sandwich for 20g protein and only like 150 cals.

but did pick up some interesting looking protein shakes at TJ's yesterday....a can of i think 12 oz and i got 'double chocolate' flavor and it has 21g protein and only 110 cals. so that's only like 30 cals of extra 'fillers'. i am interested in trying them for sure when i need a cold chocolatey fix. keeping fingers crossed the taste is NOT pants!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results