shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd July till 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 4:09:45 PM
Author: Chrono
Did I miss this? Happy Birthday Kimi!
You didn''t miss it...it''s on Sunday. I just get to go watch shopping today for my present. Thanks so much for the happy wishes! Your love of rice is cracking me up. You can''t throw me in the fire on that one, I don''t eat sushi.

Rod, if I were going to spend that much $$ today I''d be buying diamond studs, not a watch. It''ll be a mess in a week, tons of scratches and such. I am no delicate flower.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 2:35:53 PM
Author: Skippy123
Kimberly, I am just like you!!! People call me Steph and I HATE IT
14.gif
but if they call me Stephie I love it since I am Stephanie.
This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Grr....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 5:01:35 PM
Author: Stephanie

Date: 7/27/2007 2:35:53 PM
Author: Skippy123
Kimberly, I am just like you!!! People call me Steph and I HATE IT
14.gif
but if they call me Stephie I love it since I am Stephanie.
This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Grr....

Tell me about!!! I know, people shorten my name, but DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION to do that?!?!?!
20.gif
LOL! Glad I am not the only Stephanie that hates that
35.gif
I do like Stephie, how about you Stephanie???

Sometimes I just want to shorten their name, see how they feel!!! No, I don't have pent up anger. hehehe
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad I didn''t offend you Chrono!! I did mean it in jest. I''m more into lot''s of raw tuna and salmon, but eel and the sauce is good too!!

OK, you can have the diamond studs if you want Kimi! (When I first read your response, my mind blocked out the diamond and I thought, oh my, what would John say if the knew Kimberly wanted to buy ''Studs'' LOL) I would buy that Chopard watch in a heartbeat, "If I were a Rich Man" (sing along with me if you like!). I have drooled over that watch on more than one occassion. So interesting to see bezel set stunning diamonds floating between two crystals. Sigh........so pretty.

And my dear Stephie, at least they try to shorten your name. The reverse can often be just as annoying. I HATE HATE HATE it when people assume my name is really "Rodney!" It''s truly, legally Rod. I had this one boss who annoy''d the poop out of me becuase he always called me Rodney, but he was (and is to this day) an idiot who didn''t really mean to be offensive. He thought he was being cute. Hmmppphhhhhh
29.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yah, no way do you look like a Rodney (makes me think of Rodney Dangerfield).
14.gif
That would be super annoying
29.gif
and your boss proved to be an idiot so glad he can no longer call you that!!! How rude!

I like Rod; a very nice name!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday evening all (FINALLY!)!

I want to respond to everyone from today but I''m using my husband''s laptop (the tile guys have taken over my office with a wet saw downstairs and I can''t get to my own computer) and it''s too hard at the moment with this little screen.

The HH is making red snapper, wild rice, and this special green bean/tomato/prosciuto (sp) thing for dinner. (Sounds weird, but trust me, it''s delicious!).

Tomorrow we go to look at cars. Sounds good in theory, but I always end up really hating the process. Rod, will you please go with my HH and just come back with the "right" thing?!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep Chrono a personal trainer is serious stuff! and i'm sure it won't be cheap. but i can afford it and it made me think while flying home last nite...all these celebs are in awesome shape and they get that way whipped into shape by personal trainers. i really would like to hear from an *expert* what they think i should be doing to get to where i want to be. AND then hopefully when i get there, they can help me really learn how to maintain *for my body*...because obviously that is the thing i have a huge problem with. i am willing to do the work as evidenced by the fact that i still work out like a fiend and eat pretty darn well even a year after starting this whole lifestyle change, i am still mentally motivated to want to be in this right lifestyle. but i feel like i need to maybe understand more about my body and how it wants to work since we are all different. i got myself farther than i thought i could before and now i have a different agenda, not just lose weight (and really i only want to lose a few lbs to get back to maybe like 134 where i felt pretty good) but keep my muscle tone and strong feeling...and figure out how to eat right...aka is consuming this protein the right thing for me? was i eating too many carbs? not enough complex carbs? so anyway...i think that doing this can help me reach that next level...because yes rod as you noted, i don't want to stop working out just to lose ~5 lbs and fit back into my super skinny jeans. i'd like to keep doing what i am doing, maybe optimize it a bit, and drop a bit more fat and keep my muscle.

so that's the plan, we shall see. i am just tired of being frustrated with my body...and not really *understanding* why it got to where it did and why it's trying to get back to a point i don't want it to. kimberly it's interesting because i see you maintaining and you are eating out and doing mostly what i do...and yet your body seems to be fine with it. so maybe i need to know more about mine to be able to do that too.

anyhow, sounds like everyone is having a good friday, i am so ready to be out of this office and into the warm sun with some relaxation time!! i'm heading out in 30 min and will walk when i get home then we are going to dinner, and MAYBE a movie but i feel kind of tired already just from the jet lag and the UBERbusy workday i have had today...and next week will be insane with work, then we are off in palm springs (and i will try not to think about my work piling up!!) and then when i come back i am only in the office 2 days then traveling for work again for 4 days...OMG..it's scary. and i am managing 2 huge launches that are scheduled end of august...yikes! calgon....okay well i won't think about that anymore today...hehe. hope everyone has a FAB night!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy friday all,

we''re back home after a fun house hunting trip. We found the one and hope to write a contract next week..

Happy B-day Kimi(hope it''s ok if we all start calling you that now
3.gif
)

Rod- hope you''re enjoying friday night sushi!1

mara- I think the trainer sounds like a fab. idea. once we get moved and settled I would LOVE to higher one myself...

deejay- off to check your other thread but I hope your leg is ok and you can still workout tomorrow, i know you''ve been so excited to get back to the elliptical..

skippy- you walking tomorrow? i''ve got a 6:30am call with my gal pals and then a 8:00am appt. at starbucks
1.gif
I''ll be thinking of you as we''re hiking and if you''re doing the same!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 9:52:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
happy friday all,

skippy- you walking tomorrow? i''ve got a 6:30am call with my gal pals and then a 8:00am appt. at starbucks
1.gif
I''ll be thinking of you as we''re hiking and if you''re doing the same!
Your idea sounded like so much fun my cousin and I are going to do the same thing; I am super excited!!!! Thanks for the fantastic idea
9.gif
Have a great hike w/your friend up the magic stairs and coffee at Starbucks
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo, you can absolutely call me Kimi! Have a fantastic walk and starbucks breakfast tomorrow! Thanks for the birthday wishes. A friend from out of town sent me flowers that arrived today and another dropped by with more flowers, really sweet and thoughtful.

Stephie you do the same!

John made dinner tonight, steak w/ a curry sauce, french fries and a green salad. YUMMY!

We went watch shopping. CostCo has a beautiful Movado for $400, I know it''s grey market but I''m trying to decide how much I care about that; oh and it has a black face and I think I want a white face. Maybe we''ll go to Macy''s or something tomorrow to see if I can find what I''m looking for: white face, two toned, delicate/feminine looking. Decisions, decisions!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
35.gif
Happy weekend! My weight has stayed the same all week. Rats.
Mara, I am sure you are glad to be home. It sounds like you had a great time in Vegas. Sorry to hear you are frustrated with your weight. I think finding the right balance for weight, exercise and food intake will take a great deal of trail and error. I am sure you will find the magic combination because you are always trying to find new and better ways to maintain your weight and healthy lifestyle. A personal trainer sounds like a great idea.
Lorelei, the weather is still pantsy today but I’m feeling much better. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. Too funny.
Mrssalvo, I hope you had a wonderful house hunting trip.
Chrono, don’t be discouraged when the scale doesn’t budge. I’ve had several weeks go by where I didn’t loose a single ounce. Usually I am loosing inches then.
Neatfreak, it sounds like you are loosing both weight and inches; that is a great reward for all of your hard work. Congratulations.
Stephanie, that is terrific loosing 6 pounds and 10 inches. That is great progress! Congratulations!
Skippy, that is wonderful you got in a 4 mile walk in this morning. I did get all my papers graded and grades posted last night. I’m free for about 2 weeks then need to get started for fall semester. Classes start again 3 weeks from Monday.
Rod, congrats on maintaining your weight. I am already worrying about what I am going to do when I reach my ultimate goal. I know I have a year or so to go but I know the maintaining is harder than loosing. You guys will teach me all the ropes and have me prepared for what lies ahead.
DeeJay, sorry to hear you are having problems with your incision. I agree we should be thankful for the good results and continue to eat right and exercise.
Kimberly, if you find out any exercises that help the arms, let me know. I’d be very interested. How fun to go shopping for your birthday present. I’ll be anxious to hear what you get. Happy birthday on Sunday. Enjoy your dinner and lava cake.
Hi Sharon, sorry the heat is back. We are cooler with all the rain we are getting.
Haven, congrats on your body fat going down and loosing 2 pounds. That’s great.
Interesting to hear about the names we love or hate. My name is Marcella and I hate it when people call me Marcelle. I like Kimi and Stephie!
Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.
36.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, my second career is car shopping........LOL Sad but true. I''m afraid I buy cars way too often, but life''s too short and if there''s something we want, we just usually go for it. I sure wish I could come be with HH and help him with your car purchase. You''re personality doesn''t scream practical to me. I hope you''ll go for something that will put a smile on your face every time you see or drive it.

Kimi (and I hope it''s OK if I too call you Kimi?), I like Movado watches, but if the dial isn''t the right color, you won''t like it long term. Shop around and get exactly what you want. Besides the shopping part can be the most fun.

Stephie, I kind of looked like Rodney Dangerfield (sans gray hair) in my fatter days. Thank god I don''t look anything like that today. (still not sure I can get used to not calling you Skippy - HaHa)

Thanks Marcy, and you can count on us to be there whenever you need us. Maintaining is tough stuff to be sure, but we''ll help in any way possible!!

We met our friends for Sushi. They had NEVER eaten Sushi and frankly their faces grew a little pale at the concept of raw fish, but they had both decided to take our advice and let me order and they wound up loving it. I think they were shocked at how flavorful and fun the food was. I guess they imagined as I guess many people do that Sushi tastes like the docks smeill after fish sat out. They commented it was so buttery and not fishy, so that''s what I think they must have thought. Anyway, it was fun introducing them to our food passion. Then we had Frozen yogurt and then on to Starbucks for coffee under our tree. It was jammed at Starbucks tonight as it was a wonderful evening. Warm, but not hot, so it was a people watching Bonanza!!

It''s kind of late, so will check in again tomorrow. I hope you all had great Friday evenings!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

Hands down the best arm exercise I have found is good old fashioned pushups! To make them easier you can do them on an incline (i.e., put your hands on the bed or the couch) and for more challenging ones (and these really really work the core too Mara!) buy or use a Bosu ball at the gym. It''s basically an exercise ball cut in half. On the "cut" side, there is a platform, so you turn the round side to the bottom, grasp the sides of the platform, and do pushups on there. Since the surface is unstable your abs have to work crazy hard to maintain balance. I am sore for days after a few of these...

That seems to be an easy place for me to lose inches. I''ve lost 1.5 on my arms since I started, which is huge considering my arms weren''t too big to begin with!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 11:38:49 PM
Author: neatfreak
Marcy,

Hands down the best arm exercise I have found is good old fashioned pushups! To make them easier you can do them on an incline (i.e., put your hands on the bed or the couch) and for more challenging ones (and these really really work the core too Mara!) buy or use a Bosu ball at the gym. It''s basically an exercise ball cut in half. On the ''cut'' side, there is a platform, so you turn the round side to the bottom, grasp the sides of the platform, and do pushups on there. Since the surface is unstable your abs have to work crazy hard to maintain balance. I am sore for days after a few of these...

That seems to be an easy place for me to lose inches. I''ve lost 1.5 on my arms since I started, which is huge considering my arms weren''t too big to begin with!
I agree completely. I now do no less than 60 old fashioned pushups every single day. And I believe it''s making my chest firmer than probably anything else I do. And according to my fitness mags, pushups are still considered the best upper body workout there is.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love pushups too neatfreak, I do a few sets of them when I do my ''at home'' workout a few times a week. Jumping jacks are fabulous too and work the arms and core as well as the legs...if you feel really adventurous you can come down from the jump into a squat-like jack hehe.

So today after work I came home and did a 50 minute walk, about 3 1/4 miles...then did some core/ab work and some pushups and arm work. Showered and then went to dinner with Greg at our fave Mexican place where I got a chicken soft taco and a shrimp soft taco on corn tortillas. They always double the tortillas up but I just eat one on each taco. Whole pinto beans, lettuce, a bit of cheese, lots of salsa, a bit of guac and sour cream...YUM. Definitely hit the spot though I liked the chicken better than the shrimp hehee. I miss my guava margaritas sometimes...this place makes the BEST ones ever...but ever since I read that they could be up to 800 cals each, I can''t really bring myself to have one!! And I used to have two when we went. Yikes!

Anyway, I am excited about the personal trainer thing...I was talking to Greg about it and he thinks it''s a good idea to try to get some sort of expert opinion and also find out what''s realistic for me. He''s so sweet, he told me he really likes me the way I am right now...a bit more weight than before, and reiterated he thought I didn''t look right at my smallest. I stressed that I just want to lose about 5 lbs and I want it to be FAT! hehee. So he thinks I should def try it out...so I can''t wait to check the two places close to me out next week and try to setup some consultations. Also, I work out a ton but I almost wonder if I am not being as ''effective'' as I could be for what I want to do. So I am hoping the trainer can help me with that as well.

So now we''re just watching The Ghost Whisperer and relaxing on the couch...ahhh...so happy to be home and that it''s the weekend!! Tomorrow we are going for a hike and we have dinner at Morton''s with our neighbors...definitely looking fwd to trying it out...but plan to eat really lightly tomorrow to prepare hehee. Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday morning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I agree that car shopping is fun. Your car should definitely make you smile every time you drive it. I am confident you'll have a giant grin on your face every time you are out cruising around in your hot new car.

Thank you Rod, Neatfreak and Mara on the pushups tip. I do need to go see a trainer or maybe a PT because I am not sure if I should do pushups. I have arthritis in my knees and had an incisional hernia surgery last October that didn't go so well and my abdomen gets pretty vengeful when I try to work it. I have a nasty lumpy scar there that gets easily irritated. Maybe I can figure out how to do some type of modified pushups. That sounds like a great plan for me. I appreciate the tips.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 11:19:38 AM
Author: Rod

Katebar, we have a new Mercedes SLK (that's Charlies car) but I wanted my own convertible. I would have been perfectly happy to get a second SLK, but Charlie felt that was just silly for us to have two 2 seat sport cars, so I wound up ordering the new 3 series convertible because I really feel a hard top convertible is a safer more secure option. Which 3 series did your husband order? And yes, it's funny to note that our cars are safely (we hope) secured in a boat heading to our respective shores!! Now, I'm excited for both of us!!
Rod its the 335i in mid life crisis black exterior and interior
20.gif
On topic I have had a good week with clothes baggier but no shift in the scale. I have certainly put on lots of muscle thanks to my bowflex as I am lifting double the weight i started with 3/12 ago.
I just have another 3 kilos to go which i want off before we hit the States in September. Your portions are HUGE and when my daughter and I went last year we only ever had breakfast and an early dinner. This time DH is coming and he likes to eat big time so I want to be down to size 4 by then
36.gif
DH is low carbing at the moment and this works brillantly for him. He took off 20 kilos 3 years ago but has gradually put back on 10. In 3 weeks he has already lost 5 kilos most of it water I think but in the next 4 weeks he will drop a few pant sizes. He does not do weights so much is muscle but * shrugs* this is how he likes to lose weight and he does do lots of cardio and has never smoked or had any health issues so it seems to work for him.
Have a happy weekend WWTer's
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning wwt family!!!!

Did 3.5 miles and Starbucks; it was fun!!!! My cousin wants to do it again next weekend!

Katebar yay to the bowflex!

Rod glad your friends liked the sushi!

Mara, yay for your walk and a night in!

Marcy, you will lose lbs next week!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, you can absolutely call me Kimi, that''s my name! We''re going to go to Macy''s today and look around for a watch with a white face. John thinks I''m doing this because of the cost of the Movado, and maybe I am in a small way, but it''s also because I want to be absolutely in love with it.

Happy Saturday all! We''re going to spend the morning working in the yard, before it gets too hot. Then it''s more watch shopping and dinner at home. I may count the yard work for my exercise today. We''ll see.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Saturday all! I am crawling out from under a pile of work to wave and say HOWDY! I''ll be able to breathe a little later on and write more. I have been reading the posts. Hang in there, all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Katebar that''s what midlife crisis are for!!!! I''m betting your Hubby will absolutely adore his 335I. I sure can''t wait for mine!! Sounds like you''re making excellent progress health wise too!

Marcy with the issues you mentioned, a personal trainer would be a really really great option for you. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our trainer and he''s done so much to make our fitness goals reality as well as teaching us things we would never have been able to figure out on our own.

Mara, I''m sure you''ll love having a trainer. It''s a terrific thing to be sure.

Stephie.....Yay on 3.5 miles AND Starbucks! One of my favorite combo''s, fitness and coffee. WOO HOO!!

Have fun watch shopping Kimi!!

We''re having a relaxing Saturday morning, but will heading out for lunch and our regular Saturday gym, etc., soon. We don''t have a clue what we''re doing for dinner yet, but it will likely be something healthy and not too expensive.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone...no posts from me this week because I have ZERO workouts to report
38.gif
. I have been too ashamed to fess up until now! I have been feeling really tired this week, but I know I am also just being lazy about exercising. At least my eating has been ok. I need to get back into my routine!

I have been using the excuse that my hamstring is still bothering me, but that''s not stopping me from doing arm/ab exercises!!! I will get back on the band wagon, I will! I am going to a wedding today, so I won''t have a chance to work out until Monday, but I am getting on it!

Anyway, let me congratulate those who are working out!

Kimi (hehehe, I feel like I''m talking to a different person now!) - it seems like you''ve really gotten back into the groove. Congrats on all your workouts - they sound great! And Happy Birthday!!!!!

Marcy - are you able to exercise at all with your arthritis? My dad has arthritis in his back, and when we were kids he would spend days lying on the floor. The strangest thing really helped him build muscles without injuring his back - an original Nordic Track! He was so adddicted to that thing, he used to bring it with us on vacation! Even though he has flare ups every once in a while, he is in much better shape and condition than before. I think a doctor/physical therapist/personal trainer will be able to help you!

Mara - I am sorry you are struggling so much with the number on the scale and how you look. I think a PT is a good idea, but do remember to not get too obsessed - that is unhealthy for your mind!

Skippy - your hike sounds fun! How is the knee doing?

Rod - you never fail on your workouts and your routine - I am truly jealous! I wish I were able to be so dedicated, I get so distracted by friends coming over, being tired, wanting to watch t.v., anything!

Chrono - I think you are doing great even if you didn''t lose anything this week. Are you having rice cravings? Or are you feeling ok with cutting the majority of it out?!

Stephanie - 10 inches is awesome!!!!

Dee - did you hear from the doctor yet? I haven''t kept up on your other thread! Have fun car shopping!!!

NeatFreak - I am thinking of chucking my scale too - it''s a jerk
2.gif

I''m sorry, I only got through 2 pages, but I have to get running. If I don''t do my makeup soon, I will be late!

Have a great weekend all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need to be ashamed Dani, sometimes it is hard to fit them in or you just plain don''t feel up to it! Tomorrow is another day to start again!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: fitness and coffee, i've read a few articles that have noted that in short-term workouts, coffee right before can actually be a good 'muscle booster', giving you the feeling of being able to go longer than you might have without it. but in long-term endurance workouts, it can actually hinder you, probably by slightly dehydrating your muscles. interesting, but the articles said basically anything under an hour the coffee can help and longer it would probably hurt. coffee afterwards? no articles on that yet hehee.

i've also noticed that i really like working out in the morning better than at night. i just wish my schedule allowed for that but i'd have to get up at 6:30 or something which is just crazy. i am kind of hoping with these personal training sessions that i can schedule them in the mornings or if i do like 1x a week and then workouts on my own at the little gyms they have (hoping one of them has those ellips i like!) then since they are right up the street i can do like 1x a week morning workout on one of the days i have no early meetings, besides my weekend morning hike with greg. i just feel like i have more energy even if i eat absolutely nothing before the workout, i guess i am fueled by the night before, but i hardly ever feel tired or like i am strained when working out in the morning.

anyway, i think i am going to try to call the two places today and get in for appts today or tomorrow when i have the time to see the places...hopefully they can fit me in. we're eating breakfast right now (kashi go lean, corn flakes, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk for me!) and then we'll head off for our hike in about 30 minutes....my teenage sister is coming over this afternoon to make a quick buck washing my car and waxing greg's hehee, so that will be fun...and then we might go ride our bikes around this huge rose garden about 1.5m from our house this afternoon and i can return my library books before dinner. it's a lovely typically sunny day here. the Grand Prix is here this weekend and they race the cars downtown (we can hear them from our townhouse which is kind of fun, they are not super loud at all where we are), closing off streets and all that, so it's probably packed down there today, definitely avoiding that area....Mortons for our dinner is over there so i think we are going to walk over (1m) so that we don't have to hassle with trying to find parking with all these blocked off streets.

have a great day all!!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
hi all!
I haven''t posted on here in a looooong time, but here goes!
Been reading everyone''s stories here and can relate to some of them. For me, I am doing what I should and the scale just isn''t moving. Not even one pound this week and it''s so frustrating. So I can relate to you Chrono!
Is it true our metabolism slows down as we age? A few years ago, what I''ve been doing would have showed a drop on the scale, but now nothing. It seems I have to work harder and longer at working out to get the same result I would get before with half the amount of effort. At this rate, I''ll be working out 5 hours a day in 10 years just to keep the same weight I am today? That is a depressing thought.
7.gif

Also, I kicked caffeine a few weeks ago and saw a 5 pound increase on the scale.
emsmileo.gif
I figured maybe the caffeine was helping me burn more calories? so I am back to the soda (only one diet soda per day, though! I''ve really scaled back.) As with coffee, there are conflicting theories about caffeine and weight loss. I think for me, I felt good without the caffeine, but the weight gain I could do without. Espeically since I was trying to drop 5 pounds before, now I need to drop 10.
So just wanted to chime in! You all are so amazing with your motivation and stories.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondsRock, you are welcome to post as often or as little as you wish, so welcome back!!!

Mara, I think the PT is a great idea and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and progress once you get started!

Just did 50 mins cardio, so not bad for a Saturday night
16.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy Sat ya''ll! Waiting for DH to get home from golf, so I can take off shopping; anywhere a/c is welcomed!

Spent at least an hour peddling on max--while watching Bob the Butler on TV--passed the time. Less leg wieghts than usual, but did so many squats I almost couldn''t stand up.....I have increased my arm weights and have not experienced much pain anymore in my pec''s.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle, I am so sorry, injury's suck!!! I hope you get better soon. I miss you and think of you as my hurt knee buddy. My nkee is much better; thanks for asking. I start PT on Tuesdy! Rest your hamstring my friend. Is your knee better?

Diamondrocks, hang in there! Are you counting calories?

Kimi, I hope you find a fab watch!!!! Yard work is a great workout! Cheers to 30!!!

Sharon and Lorelei whooooo hooooooo on your workouts!!!! Happy shopping Sharon!

Mara, a bike ride to the rose gardens sounds fab! Enjoy Mortons!

Rod you can call me Skippy or Stephi, either one is great. I do not like coffee; I never acquired the taste so I had a large black ice tea. I got a low fat banana chocolate chip bread. Next time I will just stick w/tea cuz I found out it was 380 calories. hehe

Tonight I am going to my friends 40 bday party; she actually looks 32 so I hope when I am 40 I look great like her!!!

Have an awesome Saturday all!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are feeling better Skippers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!
36.gif
We both went to the eye doctor this morning. We both need new glasses, I need new contacts and DH is going to try contacts so that was a pricey outing! That’s going to cut seriously in to gems / jewelry budget. Rats.
Katebar and Rod, my husband loved BMW’s. We were looking at the 5 series but I vetoed it because they aren’t front wheel drive. In Wyoming you need front wheel or all wheel drive quite a bit in the winter. I think it broke his heart because he really wanted a Beemer. You guys will enjoy your 3 series; my DH is too tall for them but I thought they were cute.
Karebar, congratulations on baggier clothes. That shows definite progress! I agree they serve way too large of servings in restaurants here. We often split something and that works great. Of course my husband likes more “flavor” than I do so that doesn’t always work.
Hi Skippy. Thanks for the encouraging words. I need to be patient but since I’m getting close to weighing less than 200 pounds, I am pretty anxious. Your walk this morning to Starbucks sounds nice. Don’t you hate that when you eat something and find out later is was loaded with calories? I hate a low fat muffin one time and found out it was about 500 calories anyway – good thing I only ate ½ of it. You’ll look fantastic at 40 – no worries there. I’m glad you knee feels better.
Hi Kimi, the Movado watches nice. My husband likes watches as much as I like jewelry. He’s reading his “Watch Times” right now. Have fun shopping.
Hi Jas, I hope you get through your of stack o’ stuff!
Rod, I agree due to the few health concerns I have, a trainer is the best thing for me to do so I don’t do anything stupid. Pain in my abdomen is one thing, but I would sure hate to mess us my knees or feet so I can’t walk very much. I think walking is the best and safest exercise for me but I do so want to be able to burn more calories and tone up my ever shrinking body. I hope you had a great workout at the gym this afternoon.
Danielle, don’t feel bad about not exercising lately. The important thing is you are already making plans to start again on Monday. You are still working your abs and arms so you haven’t quit completely. Sometimes, we just need a break. I haven’t been to my orthopedic surgeon for years; post knee surgery I did 10 pound leg weights doing straight leg lifts lying flat on my stomach and flat on my back. I tried that with 2 pound weights after I was released from the doctor with my hernia surgery and it tore up my abdomen BAD. I think the best route for me to follow is go to the doctor first and have him recommend what I should and shouldn’t be doing. My ortho doctor isn’t a provider for our insurance though so I sent him a letter to see if he’d considering taking our insurance. I am glad to hear your dad is doing much better now. That is awesome. Thank you for the advice; I appreciate it.
Mara, it sounds like you have another busy and adventure filled day. I don’t usually get around to doing my stretches until about 9 p.m. which is probably the worst time of day to do them. Now that I have 3 weeks off from school I might do them right after supper dishes to see if I like it better. I am not a morning person so would hate to get up earlier than I do to exercise. I get up now at 6:20. Enjoy the roses today.
Hi Diamondsrock. Sorry to hear the scale doesn’t want to budge. I have heard that the older you get, the harder it is to loose weight. Don’t give up though.
Lorelei, sounds like you had a great workout tonight. That shows you how far away you are from me; it’s mid afternoon here.
Sharon, it sounds like you really worked out today. Yeah! Have fun shopping.
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results