shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd July till 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precisous is not the word Charlie would likely call me (LOL), but gosh, blush, thanks Skippy!! I hope you do come visit SIL and head on down to Tampa too!

Dixie, you can eat Dark Chocolate and know you are doing something heart healthy! Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, which are absolutely proven to provide benefit to one''s heart, like red wine too. Just don''t eat alot. I typically eat about 3 squares of a 70% Cacao Lindt Dark Chocolate bar EVERY night. And I lost a lot weight, so I doubt you''d cause yourself much hard and you''d be doing something good for you at the same time! Milk chocolate on the other hand, doesn''t offer the same health benefit.

I''m beat and heading to bed, so sweet dreams to all my WWT pals!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
I got off work today at noon. Ran errands, met my parents for afternoon coffee break, then we had dinner at the in-laws. The best part of the day was watching the Thunderbirds perform. They are so awesome to watch.
Mara, it sounds like you are having a marvelous time in Vegas! The meals sound like quite a spread and it''s wonderful you are making sure to do your workouts and walk as much as you can. You are so dedicated.
Monarch, I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you think I look good and have made major progress toward my goal. I appreciate your encouragement and kind words. My husband was telling me tonight he thinks I’ve started a diet craze at work; he said he hears all the time someone else is starting to diet and exercise. Your pizza sounds good. That is my limit too; 2 pieces of a medium pizza.
Lorelei, thank you very much as well. I am delighted to be a member of the WWT team. You are all incredible people and I am so glad I “met” you. Sorry to hear your hip is bothering you. I hope it feels better soon.
Hi Chrono. Thank you as well. I am sure you’ll loose your few more pounds soon. As long as we don''t give up; we will reach our goals.
1.gif

Kimberly, I can’t believe the change in me. Thank you for thinking it’s so amazing. Congratulations on the weight loss and loosing inches as well. That is terrific. That is terrifc how much weight you’ve lost. I agree sometimes it’s hard to get those images of our old selves out of our mind. Sorry to hear you got scratched today.
Jas, thank you for doing the Snoopy happy dance for me. You’re burning calories and reminded me I want to buy myself a Snoopy sweatshirt. I’m so excited because now I can find one that fits me. Great minds think alike, huh?
Stephanie, congratulations on loosing 4 pounds, I am sure your one pound will come right back off. Don’t you hate when your weight fluctuates? I am with you, I want to see the videos Jas uses; they sounds more entertaining than any exercise video I’ve ever watched.
DeeJay, thank you for the kudos. It means a lot to me. I am sure your 1 pound will come right back off. Good luck getting your stitches out tomorrow.
Rod, I am very proud of myself and I certainly am happy with how far I’ve come already. I really appreciate your support and encouragement. We are all entitled to sulk every now and then. I am sure a night at the gym works it right out of you though. I am so excited that your BMW is on the way. I can’t wait to see pictures of it and hear how fast you test drive it. Thanks to Skippy for posting the picture of your car; it is gorgeous!
Skippy, thank you for the kudos and nice compliment. Sorry to hear your missed your cool morning walk maybe you’ll make it tomorrow.
Amber, it means a great deal to me that you think I have a good attitude about my lifestyle change. I appreciate it. Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well, I hope your nap helps and you feel better soon. I see that you got some good advice from Skippy and Stephanie, I also use saline spray to help me. I have problems with allergies that go in to sinus infections then colds that end up as bronchitis. The saline solutions have really helped me.
Neatfreak, I am glad your pants are fitting well. I am sure you had a great time visiting your FI and working on the wedding. Thank you; I can’t believe what I looked like even a year ago. It’s mind boggling.
Dixie, yes my work is paying off, I am grateful that I found the right motivation to do this. Thank you for the kind words. That is great you are starting to work in some of your own food with your program. Congratulations for loosing 1.2 pounds.

Well, I must go see how many dozen papers I have to grade now. I was caught up when we left for dinner at 4:30 but I am sure I’ve got tons to grade now.

Take care and have a great Thursday!
36.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the good wishes for my hips, Dixie - it goes with having scoliosis unfortunately, I tend to get trapped nerves in my hips at times and it is exruciatingly painful, but there isn't a lot the doc can do. I must have twisted or something as that can trigger it. It feels a bit easier today, so I will try a gentle workout later.

Rod - to quote SDL - OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is THAT the car you are waiting for???????? OMG - I would be going nutso! I am a Beemer driver too, but mine doesn't look like that.....
39.gif

Marcy you are very welcome!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 7:14:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks all for the good wishes for my hips, Dixie - it goes with having scoliosis unfortunately, I tend to get trapped nerves in my hips at times and it is exruciatingly painful, but there isn''t a lot the doc can do. I must have twisted or something as that can trigger it. It feels a bit easier today, so I will try a gentle workout later.

Rod - to quote SDL - OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is THAT the car you are waiting for???????? OMG - I would be going nutso! I am a Beemer driver too, but mine doesn''t look like that.....
39.gif

Yep, thats the car I''m waiting ever so NOT patiently for. It''s their new Hard Top convertible and should be a blast! Take care of your hip dear Lorelei..........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 9:15:41 AM
Author: Rod

Date: 7/26/2007 7:14:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks all for the good wishes for my hips, Dixie - it goes with having scoliosis unfortunately, I tend to get trapped nerves in my hips at times and it is exruciatingly painful, but there isn''t a lot the doc can do. I must have twisted or something as that can trigger it. It feels a bit easier today, so I will try a gentle workout later.

Rod - to quote SDL - OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is THAT the car you are waiting for???????? OMG - I would be going nutso! I am a Beemer driver too, but mine doesn''t look like that.....
39.gif

Yep, thats the car I''m waiting ever so NOT patiently for. It''s their new Hard Top convertible and should be a blast! Take care of your hip dear Lorelei..........
I will! How long till that mean machine arrives???
3.gif

yes.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, I hope your hip is feeling better today. Take it easy.

Rod, I LOVE your new car. Wow!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I missed that you''re back is giving you more trouble. I am so very sorry!!! Take good care of yourself.

Marcy, your transformation is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself.

Rod, I would not be waiting patiently for that car, it''s gorgeous!

DeeJay, thinking of you as your stiches come out today, YIPPEE!

Have a great morning all! It''s my Friday, WoO HOO!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no Lorelei, my sister and a friend have scoliosis and it sounds painful; I am soooo sorry. I hope your hips feels better soon!

Went walking this morning at 6 but only walked for 45 mins becuase my shoe was eating my heal for some reason.
14.gif
I am happy to get the workout out of the way
9.gif
Happy Thursday all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for thinking the car is as ''purdy'' (to steal a Skippy''ism) as I do. The car was built in Germany on July 14, then it was routed to a ship and is now on the ocean, scheduled to arrive on our shores (thank goodness I live not far from the port) on July 31st. Then, it goes through US inspections and manufacturer prep at the Port, then it''s loaded on a truck and heads directly to the dealer I ordered the car from. They say I should expect the car 7 - 10 days from the date it hits the port, so I''m anticipating somewhere near August 7 - 10. Actually, the timing''s pretty good as it''s letting my mind not fixate on my upcoming biopsy.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember ordering my car and the dealer calling me to tell me when it was factory completed, shipped and when it arrived at the NJ shipping dock. Very exciting.

Rod, I guess your new name will be "Hot Rod"?
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 11:56:14 AM
Thanks everyone for thinking the car is as 'purdy' (to steal a Skippy'ism) as I do. The car was built in Germany on July 14, then it was routed to a ship and is now on the ocean, scheduled to arrive on our shores (thank goodness I live not far from the port) on July 31st. Then, it goes through US inspections and manufacturer prep at the Port, then it's loaded on a truck and heads directly to the dealer I ordered the car from. They say I should expect the car 7 - 10 days from the date it hits the port, so I'm anticipating somewhere near August 7 - 10. Actually, the timing's pretty good as it's letting my mind not fixate on my upcoming biopsy.
I can't take the credit; it is from Sweet Ellen. hehehe She cracks me up!

Rod, you should be Hot Rod; very fitting. hehehe Good one Chrono; me likes!!!!
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 12:53:24 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/26/2007 11:56:14 AM
Thanks everyone for thinking the car is as ''purdy'' (to steal a Skippy''ism) as I do. The car was built in Germany on July 14, then it was routed to a ship and is now on the ocean, scheduled to arrive on our shores (thank goodness I live not far from the port) on July 31st. Then, it goes through US inspections and manufacturer prep at the Port, then it''s loaded on a truck and heads directly to the dealer I ordered the car from. They say I should expect the car 7 - 10 days from the date it hits the port, so I''m anticipating somewhere near August 7 - 10. Actually, the timing''s pretty good as it''s letting my mind not fixate on my upcoming biopsy.
I can''t take the credit; it is from Sweet Ellen. hehehe She cracks me up!

Rod, you should be Hot Rod; very fitting. hehehe Good one Chrono; me likes!!!!
9.gif
You could call me Hot Rod, but maybe Rod Bod might fit better HAHAHA!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone - I almost forgot to pop in to see everyones progress.
1.gif

I lost 1lb last week and 2lb this week! Yey!! I haven''t even started exercising yet!

My daughter has taken it upon herself to teach me how to dance. She reckons its a fun way to lose weight. I have to say that I am like a baby elephant - not graceful at all. I can, however, boast that I know most of the finale dance from High School Musical....... ''we''re all in this together.......'' La la la laaaa!!!

I am also buying a step to do a step aerobics video at home. As we are saving up for our renewing of vows I can''t afford to join the gym.

I actually lost 45 lbs years ago doing step so I am confident it will work.

Rice cake anyone?
40.gif

I don''t mind eating sensibly really ..... its alright once you put your mind to it!!! I do have the odd treat though as I don''t want to fall off the wagon - so to speak!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stitches out -- woo hoo! The worst part was when the nurse pulled the strip of fabric or whatever it is off from covering the stitches all this time because it was kind of stuck on there (sorry if TMI!). I don't need to keep a bandaid on it or anything but the nurse said I probably want to if I'm going to put vasalene or neosporine on to keep the scar soft. On the way home (of course I walked, LOL) after a little while I was like, geez, this thing is crazy itchy! I pulled up my skirt (yes, right there in the middle of Michigan Avenue--but don't worry, it was only about 4" above my knee!) and the giant bandaid the nurse had put on to protect my skirt from the greasy ointment had fallen off (hmmm... I wonder what year they teach you that in medical school -- smear patient's leg with greasy stuff and then try to stick a bandaid to it
20.gif
) and the fabric was brushing back and forth across the incision while I walked. I got used to it as I kept going, but it was weird there for a little while.

Oh, and the diagnosis: A. Brown. Spot.

Seriously.

I asked what it was, and the nurse read me something off my chart and I was like, um, what does that mean? She said it literally means it was just a brown spot.

Great. So I was filleted like the Thursday night trout special for no reason whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm not dying or anything, but (a) I couldn't workout for three weeks, and (b) I now have an incision on my thigh that's more than an inch long. Sheesh.

But most importantly, I have clearance to work out!!! The nurse recommended I wait for 48 hours to make sure the incision stays closed, but come Saturday kids, me and that elliptical have a serious date together!

Sorry for the long post about nothing WWT related, but I'm just so happy it's all over with!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay: Hooray for stiches out and a great diagnosis!!! A. Brown. Spot. is so much better than A. Cancerous. Spot. Have fun with the elliptical, don''t push yourself too hard.

Maisie: you are well on your way to losing the weight you hope to before your trip. CONGRATULATIONS!!

It''s my Friday....HOORAY! I got in a great workout this afternoon and am making chicken curry from a CL recipe for dinner. That''s about all my news for now!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 6:19:18 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Stitches out -- woo hoo! The worst part was when the nurse pulled the strip of fabric or whatever it is off from covering the stitches all this time because it was kind of stuck on there (sorry if TMI!). I don''t need to keep a bandaid on it or anything but the nurse said I probably want to if I''m going to put vasalene or neosporine on to keep the scar soft. On the way home (of course I walked, LOL) after a little while I was like, geez, this thing is crazy itchy! I pulled up my skirt (yes, right there in the middle of Michigan Avenue--but don''t worry, it was only about 4'' above my knee!) and the giant bandaid the nurse had put on to protect my skirt from the greasy ointment had fallen off (hmmm... I wonder what year they teach you that in medical school -- smear patient''s leg with greasy stuff and then try to stick a bandaid to it
20.gif
) and the fabric was brushing back and forth across the incision while I walked. I got used to it as I kept going, but it was weird there for a little while.

Oh, and the diagnosis: A. Brown. Spot.
HI:

Yes, it is a speciality didn''t yanno
9.gif
...takes years to perfect......LOL Glad the pathology wasn''t life threatening! And don''t worry, the scar will fade in a decade or so.
It has been slightly cooler here, and I continue to exercise as usual. Stopped off at my fav Mexican deli to get her delish shrimp ceviche.....mmmm......

Rod: I think it should be Hot Rod Bod! Or is it, Hot Bod Rod.. oh dear.....
2.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 6:37:12 PM
Author: KimberlyH
A. Brown. Spot. is so much better than A. Cancerous. Spot.
So true! And I hope I didn''t sound ungrateful for that! But I kept saying it over and over to myself in the hopes that it would sound more "medical." A brown spot... A spot that is brown... Brown was the spot...

Sharon, LOL on the specialty!

Now the big question is what we''re going to do with all this Glad Press ''N'' Seal. For the past three weeks I''ve been taking showers with my leg wrapped in saran wrap like last night''s leftovers but since we bought the three-pack at Costco we still have A LOT left!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 7:31:37 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 7/26/2007 6:37:12 PM
Author: KimberlyH
A. Brown. Spot. is so much better than A. Cancerous. Spot.
So true! And I hope I didn''t sound ungrateful for that! But I kept saying it over and over to myself in the hopes that it would sound more ''medical.'' A brown spot... A spot that is brown... Brown was the spot...

Sharon, LOL on the specialty!

Now the big question is what we''re going to do with all this Glad Press ''N'' Seal. For the past three weeks I''ve been taking showers with my leg wrapped in saran wrap like last night''s leftovers but since we bought the three-pack at Costco we still have A LOT left!
No silly, you didn''t sound ungrateful! I''m just so glad that it amounted to nothing but a totally non-medical brown spot!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had to pop in and say

Yay, DeeJay for just a brown spot and no more stitches!!

Yay, Kimberly for today being Friday for you!!! So that means you have a 3 day weekend. whooo hooo
31.gif

Yay, Sharon for exercising; I hope it stays cool!!! That is why I try and walk at 6 am so it ain''t stinkin hot!

Maisie, great job on 3 lbs so far!!!!

Kudos to all
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif

Rod, I was going to suggest Hot Rod Bod but I see Sharon beat me too it. I like it though!
Hi Maisie, congratulations on loosing 3 pounds. I think dancing will be really fun exercise for you.
DeeJay, I am so relieved to hear you suffered from no more than a brown spot but that’s too bad they can’t tell that before cutting on you. I know you are so excited to get your stitches out. Take it easy till you are sure it’s all healed.
Kimberly, yeah for it being your Friday. Thank you for the nice compliment about my transformation.
Sharon, I am glad it cooled off there for you. We had a big rain storm tonight that dropped a lot of water on us. I was on my way to fedex and decided no package was worth driving that that mess. It was like driving in a blizzard; you couldn’t see anything. I found out when I checked the package number online it was our steak knives, it’s probably safer for me to leave them at Fedex anyway. Ha Ha.
Hi Skippy, I am glad you got your walk out of the way this morning.
Take care.
Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deejay, send your leftover press-n-seal on over to me...I use that stuff ALL the time! We are always losing the lids to tupperware-like sets, so I love me some press-n-seal, LOL!

And Rod, I vote your new nickname be "Hot Rod" as well, if we are actually voting, hee hee.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think a person get''s to choose their own nickname, so you guys have to decide. Hot Rod, Hot Rod Bod, Hot Bod Rod seem to be the options. I''ll leave it up to my WWT family..........LOL

So glad you only had a brown spot DeeJay, but you''re right, you sure paid quite a price for the last three weeks over that spot. I had to laugh at the notion of the nurse putting the greasy stuff on, then trying to put a bandaid on it. And you did not sound ungrateful. I can only hope to have the good fortune to hear that there is nothing wrong with me, but the torture of waiting to have the biopsy and then waiting for the results, and not being able to work out during that time and I''ll know exactly what you''ve been going through. I''m sure you''re really looking forward to the first elliptical session!!

Glad to hear your still working out and being healthy Sharon!!

Yay for Friday''s Kimberly, even if it''s just Thursday to us. Glad you got in a good workout!!

Congrats on the 3 lbs. Maisie......WOO HOO!

Today was a tough day at work. The interns are like sponges, but sometimes ''ol Rod has turn on the water to fill those sponges and they take a LOT of my time. They''re making fantastic progress though and it''s exciting to see them doing so well in their 3rd week, (really only 2nd week recruiting). They must have had one fine teacher (he said with such modesty LOL).

I made it to the gym around 6 and as is my tradition on Thursday nights, I pushed most of my muscles until they were totally worthless. I worked the hardest on my chest and arms, but I covered my core and legs as well. I did multiple sets of unassisted dips and chinups throughout the evening too. Of course I finished the night on the elliptical with my very intense 35 minute run at RPM''s over 90 for the entire time. I was a sopping wet mess when I was finished, but felt ever so good. Then, I heard about the Wake Forrest Basketball coach who was exercising today and died of a heart attack and in my mind I could hear people saying......."see if he just sat on the coach and smoked cigarettes and drank beer and ate potato chips, he''d still be alive?" I can''t believe there are people who actually believe such things, but it does give one pause when a supposedly healthy man who exercised with regularity just keels over and dies of a heart attack while working out. Enough of that.

Charlie finished up before me and stopped at the store and got us both fresh salads for dinner. We haven''t done that much since coming home from Raleigh. Even though we drive right past a great store with a wonderful salad bar, we don''t often stop because it''s so warm that we worry the salads might start to spoil in the heat in our cars. And the salad bar is closed by the time we get out of the gym. Anyway, it was just a nice treat to have salad tonight.

Tomorrow''s Friday, which means Sushi and Sapporo for me. We may have friends joining us, and then they may not. They often say they''d like to meet us and then we don''t hear from them, so if they do, it would be fun, but it''s OK if they don''t too.

I hope you had a great evening and are looking forward to the start of the weekend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 10:37:09 PM
I don''t think a person get''s to choose their own nickname, so you guys have to decide. Hot Rod, Hot Rod Bod, Hot Bod Rod seem to be the options. I''ll leave it up to my WWT family..........LOL
HI:

Rod--you are very good to show forebarence--I meant no offence!!! Honestly. I would never call anyone "names" of any sort and what seemed "immediately" funny online, perhaps, was not. I am sorry, and I hope you understand me.
17.gif

kind regards, Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 10:56:08 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 7/26/2007 10:37:09 PM
HI:

Rod--you are very good to show forebarence--I meant no offence!!! Honestly. I would never call anyone ''names'' of any sort and what seemed ''immediately'' funny online, perhaps, was not. I am sorry, and I hope you understand me.
17.gif

kind regards, Sharon
Oh My Goodness Dear Sharon. I never for one second took offense at your suggestion for my nickname. I got a kick out of it. Honest, I truly did.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the WWTers!

I haven''t fallen of the healthy lifestyle bandwagon, but I have become consumed with ENGAGEMENT RING SHOPPING! YAY! It''s a long story but I think we''ve finally decided to go with a cushion diamond, and now I''m just waiting to hear back from Mark T. at ERD. The process, however, has become consuming, and I find myself wasting hours and hours of time by looking at settings and stones and then more settings . . .

Anyway, hi guys! I''ve missed you! I''ll be back as soon as this cushion mania passes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you take your nickname suggestions in fun. You know we adore you! It sounds like you had a great workout tonight. I''m glad it''s Friday tomorrow, too.

Hi Haven, what a great way to spend your time picking out your ering. I can''t wait to see it.

Well, tomorrow is Friday then we can run and play to our heart''s content this weekend. Yeah!
36.gif

Take care.
Marcy

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Rod – that is one seriously HOT car! Love it!

Mara - hope you are enjoying Vegas. We got engaged at the Venetian last December and did some damage at that very gelato stand you spoke of. I loved the mint choc. chip. We also ate at the mexican cantino on the canal you mentioned. I had these delicious tacos that had no cheese on them but were fab! I remember being stunned that there was no cheese, yet i liked them so much. Good stuff!

Maisie – congrats on the weight loss. I have a step box at home. I don’t actually do step aerobics – too uncoordinated

emteeth.gif
- but you can use it to do push ups, tricep dips, step ups, step downs, calf raises. You can also use it as a bench for chest presses, fly, etc. with weights if it’s no too low to the ground. It’s a super versatile piece of home gym equipment even beyond the step aerobics function.

Dee-Jay – glad to hear your stitches are out and that the news was essentially good news for you. I hope you continue to heal up well.

Work has been super crazy this week. I usually work from a home office, but have had folks in from out of town this week from another office and had to do meetings at the actual company office north of here. So it’s been weird juggling the commute and eating and working out, too. It made me appreciate the opportunity to work from home that much more. Tomorrow is back to normal. I did manage to stay on track with my running schedule and ate pretty well. I cheated for a minute and tried a fried mozzarella stick at the company happy hour tonight and was absolutely delighted to find out that it tasted AWFUL to me. These things had no flavor at all and my appetite for them was squashed immediately, which was good news b/c there were like 10 of them just sitting there screaming my name.

TGIF!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Tdiddy. It is amazing when something that looks so good doesn't taste as good as you think it will. It makes it so much easier to pass things up. It sounds like you've been really busy but sticking to your living healthy plan. Yeah!

Lorelei, I think we've got pants weather here tonight. It has been raining pretty hard and steadily since about 5 p.m. My bones are aching tonight.

Laters.
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!! finally back and ensconced happily at home....

yes i managed to keep my workouts up which was fabulous, and walked around so much i have some blisters to show for it...but MAN was the food insane on this trip. what is it about corporate gatherings where they feel like they have to feed you...and feed you...and feed you...and OVERORDER while doing it? crazy amounts of food. full breakfast every morning (thank god for berries and yogurt, though i did try 2 small cheese blintzes yesterday!)...along with pastries and bagels...omelet station yesterday...and then at 10:30am we had a break where MORE food would arrive, fruit, cookies, both. then lunch at like 12...FULL lunch AND desserts each day. and then snack at 3pm again...yesterday was warm pretzels, cookies, popcorn, chocolate covered almonds!! today the snack at 10:30 was krispy kreme donuts. seriously people!! and of course they ordered like for 100 people and there were only 30 of us. OH and dinners out each night, you weren't hungry at any given point of the day.

anyway, needless to say, i indulged...but i did keep the workouts up so i figure it kind of was a wash! today we broke for good at lunch so i got some shopping in with my girlfriend/coworker at bcbg and other stores, and we had thin crust margherita pizza's for lunch and scoop of gelato on the way to the airport as a finale to the foodgasm that was the last 3 days in vegas. the work meetings though were wonderful, got a ton accomplished and came away with some great ideas and renewed enthusiasm for our goals. i also heard how much this entire trip cost and ...wow it was a lot. we definitely have to get our sales numbers up to show something for it hahaa.

but yeah good times, though seriously am exhausted. we had almost ZERO time for ourselves really...last nite i was up til 12:30 working on a presentation for this morning at 9am. i did manage to get to the gym this morning for 45 minutes though which was great. tonite when i got home i showered and we walked over and had salads and creole food with our neighbors to catch up a bit and decompress.

now it's bedtime and back to the daily grind!! i haven't really read everyone's posts, just skimmed but sounds like everyone is doing quite well. kudos and keep up the great work. hope everyone is looking forward to a fabulous upcoming wkd and lots of fun times!! so glad to be home and DJ even though it's probably frustrating, glad to hear that it's JUST 'a brown spot'.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 10:11:15 PM
I hope your evening walk was good Skippy!

Amber, so sorry you''ve come down with a URI. I hope your nap was restful and you feel better soon.

Sorry about the out of control child scratching your arm Kimberly. I still think what you do is saintly and there''s a place already reserved for you on a lovely cloud up high when you''ve lived all the full life you could live! Glad you managed to get in a good workout and I hope you enjoy your dinner out tonight!

Yay for having stitches removed DeeJay. We''ll look forward to hearing about your first gym experience soon! And I''m betting one of the reasons you eat banana''s is for the pottasium, which they''re really high in and ladies in particular seem to need extra pottasium. So calories aside, if you enjoy them and they''re not making you fat, which they really shouldn''t be doing, don''t cut them out of your diet over a few calories.

I got some news about my BMW today that was pretty exciting. It turns out it''s on a ship headed for America and will hit the port of Jacksonville, FL., on July 31, and be at my dealer in Tampa about a week to 10 days later. This is nearly a month ahead of schedule, so I''m pretty excited. It gives me something to look forward to as opposed to me obsessing over my biopsy in three weeks. Anyway, Woo Hoo on the car being so close.
Hey Rod I''m completely out of the loop I thought you were getting a Mercedes Sports now I see your getting a Beemer
31.gif
. It is the three series? If it is my husband has just ordered one and its on a boat too and will arrive here in Australia in August.
How funny to think that you car is cruising its way to you as is ours.
Take care and happy driving
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results