shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd July till 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Monday! There just weren''t enough hours in the day today, so I''m looking to sitting down in front of the tube tonight with DH, Puppy, and some magazines.

Changed to the Yoga Booty Ballet Burlesque tape. Holy cow. I needed a shower afterwards for more reasons than one. I have never laughed so hard in a workout in all my life, but boy, did it work the fanny! There is one guy in the background doing the routine on the tape and I just wish he didn''t look like he was having the time of his life doing these strip-tease moves. It made it hard for me to concentrate...not because he was doing it, but because he was doing it with all the grace and femininity of a moose.

Ate well today -- Total with Cranberries (sent from heaven) for breakfast, a big ol salad for lunch (still working down the veggie tray from last week), a Kashi bar for a snack, and grilled tuna with hoison sauce for dinner. Yummmm.

I caught myself in a mirror today and actually thought, "Looking good!" Unfortunately, my brain, ever the funny one, added "Mr. Kotter" at the end of that phrase.

It sounds like everyone is having a productive and wonderful Monday, for the most part. I''m sorry I don''t have time to address everyone personally...I''ll try to log back on later...I''m just having one of those crunch days.

Have a wonderful evening, friends.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin. Dinner was terrific as usual. Favorite Sushi Spot #2, has added a few new rolls, one being Lobster Salad with cucumber, avacado wrapped in rice paper. TO DIE FOR. Big chunks of maine lobster, so the flavor and texture was just mouth watering. We also had two different fresh tuna rolls, one really spicy, the other tuna wrapped around tuna (can you say tuna overdose??), but it was just so fresh and drool worthy. We always start with their shrimp and vegetable tempura as an appetizer and they always add extra mushroom for me, which includes big pieces of perfecty prepared to perfection mushroom. Then we headed to (oh big surprise) Starbucks and it was such a cool evening for Florida in July. There was a cool breeze and it was just terrific being outside. Often at this time of year, it can still be around 90 degrees at 7PM, so it was just a rare treat to have it only in the 70''s. Finally, we decided to stroll down to the Caliyogurt shop for a frozen yogurt with fresh blueberry treat!

Tomorrow, of course starts three nights in a row at the gym, so we''re enjoying our night off.

Hope you''re all having a nice Monday evening too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

I had a good weekend...DH and I did our usual list of chores Saturday, and that night we went out with our neighbors. Our suburb used to do a huge fireworks show/bands in the park kind of thing the week after 4th of July but they stopped doing it after 2005 due to some problems with the youth in our neighborhood an surrounding area, to put it delicately. So this year the owner of our favorite little martini bar got 9 bars together and they each had a different band playing for a few hours, and they had two trolleys shuttling people back and forth on the circuit so no one had to drive. Such a great idea, and it went over sooo well. It''s the most fun we''ve had in a long time! We got to check out a couple places we''ve never been before and will definitely go back to. We also met quite a few people from our area so it was such a fun way to bring the community together and have some fun and hear some really good local bands. Anyway, Sunday was spent recuperating from too many cocktails (can you say Key Lime Pie martini, plus beer, plus great wine, equals recipe for one bad hangover?) Ah well, I have to say it was worth it, I can''t remember the last time I went more than 2 places in one night anyway! Oh, not counting the Police concert a few weeks ago...ha ha!

Today I submitted some more resumes, took my pants to the tailor, and came home and took both dogs for a 30 minute walk. They were pretty good, but they slow me down a lot with their sniffing and stopping to pee, etc. So when I got them home again, I did the Firm on Exercise TV and worked on my arms as well. No scale until Friday...

Jas, that yoga booty burlesque workout sounds hilarious, but fun! I don''t think that one is offered on the exerciseTV thing we have, but there is booty beat and the chair dance one, which are equally silly but fun!

Lorelei, I agree on the smell thing...I''ve been religious about getting up and showering in the mornings since I lost my job and I make sure to finish getting ready (to face the computer, lol) with a few squirts of my favorite perfume! It definitely lifts my spirits and gets me motivated a bit more, I think.

35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, nice that it is in the 70's! Hubby and I ate dinner outside because it was so nice
9.gif
Yum to sushi and lobster! Thanks for the good wishes on my doc's appt!

Monnie, yay on the workout! Cool on the suit; is that the new one?

Hey Kimberly, great job on the 45 min workout! You go girl!

Jas, hehehe you crack me up! Great job.

Stephanie yay, to looking good for bathing suit season!

AG, hope you have more energy tomorrow!

Marcy, I posted something for ya in the jewelry thread.
2.gif

Dee, how are you healing? When can you exercise; I hope your stitches don't hurt. Good job in not giving into Peanut butter cups!

Dixie, I hope you got a good workout!!!

Hey, ALJ!!!

I went to lunch w/my friend Dr. Bob and we went shopping at Trader Joes's. It was fun catching up w/him. We were in shock to know how long we have been frends; 12 years!!! He bought some goodies for the nurses on his shift at the hospital. We had fun reminiscing over all the people at the gym; it was fun. We also talked about his travels, Antartica, Easter Island, Canada and other places. He is like a big brother; super sweet!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
My DH boss hunted me down today to tell me how great I look. I wore a skirt to work today and really got a lot of attention for that. I thought the skirt made me look bigger but since no one has ever seen me in a skirt, I guess that is what got all the attention.
I made an eye doctor appointment today too. I know this may be crazy, but I think my eyes have changed shaped and so my contacts are doing weird things. My L one gets stuck in my eye and the R one goes up to the top of my eyelid when I try to take it out at night. Since I cut my finger, I have a really hard time getting it out with 1½ hands. I must have lost size in my eyes is all I can figure out. Interesting! I wear gas perms.
Lorelei, I saw on the news today a story about flooding in your country. Wow, what a mess. I hope the rain stops soon.
Chrono, congratulations on loosing 3 pounds. Too funny writing the part about ice cream smaller. Tee hee.
Kimberly, I want to visit SD some day; it sounds great. Being close to the ocean sounds marvelous to me. I will take any small victories I can get. Your dinner sounds marvelous.
Dixie, congratulations on loosing 1.2 pounds. That is wonderful. I eat one Dove promise for 44 calories or 9 M&M’s for 35 calories to appease my chocolate cravings. I do love chocolate.
Sharon, sorry to hear you are still having a heat wave. I am glad you still went out for a nice bike ride though.
Gypsy, I hope you are delighted when you do finally weigh in. I can’t start my HP book until my classes are finished on Thursday. I’d never go grade papers if I was reading my book. I hope you get a good night’s rest tonight.
Skippy, sorry your doctor’s appointment got postponed for 2 weeks. I know you are anxious to talk to them. I did see you post about stars. It sounds like you had a nice time and visit with your friend.
Mara, sorry you didn’t get much sleep. If you are like me; you won’t sleep well in a motel. I hope you get rested up tonight but since I just read you are in Vegas that might not happen. Maybe you’ll strike it rich! Yeah!
Stephanie, that is awful how dry it is in Alabama and that area. We have water restrictions here but not much else for conservation. I sure hope you get some rain soon. That is wonderful news that you’ve lost 7 inches across your entire body. Woo hoo!
PhoenixGirl, I am glad you are enjoying your vacation and visiting with your friends. I think as long as you don’t go crazy on how much you eat of anything; you’ll be fine.
Al, I’ll take your word on which fiber cereal is great. I am addicted to my Cheerios for some reason.
Rod, I like that bikini commercial. I am glad your dinner was terrific tonight and you are enjoying you night off from the gym.
DeeJay, good for you passing up on the PB cups. I would be afraid to try and eat just one of them.
Amber, I am glad to hear you lost another pound. That is great.
Jas, the YBBB sounds too funny. It’s a great way to exercise and be entertained at the same time.
Monarch, your community get together sounds fun. It’s nice to get out and meet new people and see one’s you haven’t talked to for awhile. That is great you put out some more resumes today. I hope a marvelous job comes your way soon.

Well, I must go grade papers. My 50 some students have 2 projects and 2 labs due today so the papers are rolling in.
Have a great evening!
36.gif

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2007 12:34:11 PM
Author: Skippy123

Sharon, where do you live??? I know Canada but which town? Glad you went biking; hills can be hard, great job!

I am sooooo sore today from the hike! I think I will go for a short walk tonight. I meet my Dr. friend for lunch today.
HI:

Sounds like you had fun at lunch, Skippy. BTW, I live in Calgary, AB (Western Canada).

Oh, thanks folks, for the suggetions for other fiber cereals!!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy, luckily I am not in the South, as we are quite high here, flooding is unlikely, but as you saw, it is pretty bad in some areas with the floods and many have had to leave their homes. However on a positive note, this morning the sky is clear, which makes a lovely change, long may it last!!

I was thinking of my glamour tool box to chase the blahs away and here are some of my methods to banish Jabba the Hut from my day when he turns up to visit!

A good spritz of my most glamorous perfume is a necessity!
Depending on time, either a new application of nail polish or a diy manicure, likewise pedicure
Tooth whitening
9.gif

Exfoliation in the shower
Then a special fragranced body lotion, Chanel No 5 is always good.
Put on nice shoes!
Face mask
Hair colour or blow out and deep condition
Tidy eyebrows
Buy new lip gloss or nail polish

These are some of the things that make me feel better anyway, also on days when I am feeling anxious or blue, they do make a difference.

Anyone have any more to share?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. Grrrr, I weighed .8 pounds more this morning. Oh well, we had rice a roni last night and I''m sure it''s got a lot of sodium.

I will write more later but here is some astronomy info if you are interested:

Tonight go out and see the Moon, Jupiter and Antares in a cosmic triangle. Map at:

http://www.spaceweather.com/images2007/24jul07/skymap_north.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I''m back at my low weight, despite the crazy dog peeing, MIL front tooth losing, bad bad bad food weekend.

My arms are still a little achy from Sunday but I was going to do the same workout again. Is it OK to do that if I''m still sore? (And it''s not any raging pain, just a little "oh, look, she used us, poor slacker muscles that we are" sort of feeling.) I''m going to try another 1/2 hour on the treadmill too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that is a fluctuation and nowt to worry about!

Thanks for the astro info, if the skies stay clear, I'll be out there! We need an astronomy thread, I bet there are more than just you and I out there who are interested!

Dee it depends on how sore your arms are, you could try the arm workout again as it was Sunday, but perhaps another day's rest for the arms wouldn't hurt.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you will lose the weight. I am excited to look at the stars tonight; I am a sag! Thanks for the linky!

DeeJay, whooooo hoooo on the weight loss! Glad you are getting some exercise in!

Lorelei, I love to treat myself to an ice tea to make the blah''s go away, also, lunch w/a good friend, watching the sunset or buying a new expensive shampoo or treating myself to something make up from the department store counter like Dior.
9.gif

Yay, I got up at 6 am and watch the most beautiful sunrise on my walk this morning. I walked 4 miles. The clouds were full and fluffy and pink salmon colored! Beautiful; it put me in a super duper moods so have a lovely Tuesday friends
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Marcy, don''t fret the miniscule weight gain!

Skip, glad your morning started off right. I''m so sorry you have to wait 2 weeks for the results of your tests.

Lorelei, what great suggestions. I tend to cacoon when I''m feeling blue. I either hide with a book or watch mindless TV.

Dinner was good last night and so simple. Just cook 1 cup of pasta per person, Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, toss in some minced garlic for 30 seconds then some diced fresh tomatoes (3/4 cup per person) and cook for two minutes. Turn off heat add some basil and serve over cooked pasta. A really easy and yummy summer dinner.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:13:31 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

Skip, glad your morning started off right. I''m so sorry you have to wait 2 weeks for the results of your tests.

Lorelei, what great suggestions. I tend to cacoon when I''m feeling blue. I either hide with a book or watch mindless TV.

Dinner was good last night and so simple. Just cook 1 cup of pasta per person, Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, toss in some minced garlic for 30 seconds then some diced fresh tomatoes (3/4 cup per person) and cook for two minutes. Turn off heat add some basil and serve over cooked pasta. A really easy and yummy summer dinner.

Me too Kimberly, I love watching the dumb Lifetime movies or a good old movie!!! Thanks! You dinner sounded yummy! I think I will make that tonight w/my italian chicken sausage. Yum!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:16:12 AM

Date: 7/24/2007 10:13:31 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

Me too Kimberly, I love watching the dumb Lifetime movies or a good old movie!!! Thanks! You dinner sounded yummy! I think I will make that tonight w/my italian chicken sausage. Yum!
It can be hard for J, who is used to his female friends venting and wanting to talk things through. I am not a talker, I''m a thinker and an ostrich...leave me alone to work through my mood and I''ll eventually emerge from my cacoon back to my normal happy self.

Glad you''ll be using the recipe, it really was yummy and so darn easy!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello WWT! i haven''t had much time to post lately, but it sounds like everyone is doing well. i got in lots of activity this weekend - salsa dancing saturday night and a 3.5 hour kayak trip on sunday - and yesterday i did the elliptical for 45 minutes. tonight i am planning to bike at home for 45 minutes.

food today is kashi go lean cereal for breakfast (i like it...maybe i''m just used to it!) and homemade fried rice with brown rice, carrots, mushrooms, scallions, garlic, ginger, egg whites and soy for lunch. i was sort of cleaning out the fridge and just threw in what i had! clif z bar for a snack, and no clue about dinner as i am badly in need of groceries, so we''ll see what looks good at the store. looking forward to loading up on fresh fruits and veggies for the week.

have a good one!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 9:50:06 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks for the astro info, if the skies stay clear, I'll be out there! We need an astronomy thread, I bet there are more than just you and I out there who are interested!

Dee it depends on how sore your arms are, you could try the arm workout again as it was Sunday, but perhaps another day's rest for the arms wouldn't hurt.
Oh I would love that! Hearing about what everyone else can see in their different parts of the world. I studied for years and have several maps, books, etc. Just love it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2007 11:32:17 AM
Author: Stephanie

Date: 7/24/2007 9:50:06 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks for the astro info, if the skies stay clear, I''ll be out there! We need an astronomy thread, I bet there are more than just you and I out there who are interested!

Dee it depends on how sore your arms are, you could try the arm workout again as it was Sunday, but perhaps another day''s rest for the arms wouldn''t hurt.
Oh I would love that! Hearing about what everyone else can see in their different parts of the world. I studied for years and have several maps, books, etc. Just love it!
Cool ! We will DEFINITELY have to start a thread!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just checked the Kashi ingredient list and nutritional value: this thing has a lot of sugar. There's evaporated cane juice and rice syrup. It also has a lot of grains.
33.gif
I guess the fiber and protein sort of balances the carbs?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning All,

Kimberly, I''m a cocooner too! If I''m feeling low, I tend to want to hide and I absolutely HATE to argue. Charlie on the other hand, confronts a situation, get''s all the emotions he has on the table the floor, the ceiling, the walls and then is like, OK., want to go see a movie?? I''m like leave me alone for the next week so I can sulk, OK??!!

DeeJay, I have found that if I make a muscle sore through working out, I push that muscle the very next day and the pain goes away so much faster. I''m not one to let my muscles recover very long. So, if I were you, I''d work your arms again and see if it helps you like it does me.

Marcy, fret not over .8 pounds. I know I''ve said this before, but it''s quite common for most people''s weight to vary up to 5 pounds in any day. You''ve been so consistent, that I wouldn''t worry at all.

It''s almost lunchtime and I''m hungry. I had a lousy night last night. I went right to sleep when I got to bed, but then I woke up about an your later and couldn''t shut my mind off at all. Then I end up worrying about why I can''t sleep which only makes it worse. I''ll have a good long workout tonight, which will help me bet a much better night''s rest tonight.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, not much new to report here. same ol same ol which is good I guess. I''m really anxious for school to start though so I''ve got some of my free time back. as fun as it is to go to the pool, park etc. I''m really ready. My girls are ready too and I think they need a break from each other
41.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
DJ, that''s great about resisting the peanut butter cups! Those do sound very tasty right now but my resistance is a bit low these days. Good thing I''m not doing too much but working so I don''t have much to resist.
20.gif
Congrats on being back down to your low weight!

Kimberly, thanks for the suggestions w/the chicken. No fresh basil at home but I should something I can add to it. I didn''t end up making it yesterday b/c the chicken was still frozen but plan to tonight. I''m looking fwd to it. I think I''ll add some rice but just have to make sure I watch the portion size.

Amber, congrats on being down another pound! But I know how you feel. Sometimes no matter what the scale says, you just don''t feel so great. I think I am experiencing that too. Must be something in the air!

Jas, those tapes really do sound like a lot of fun! I might just have to try one b/c I could use something different.

Rod, that sushi roll sounds sooo good! I had sushi the other day but it was basic stuff but still yummy! I won''t allow myself the pleasure of tempura quite yet but yum!

Monarch, your night out sounds fun! I have submitted a few resumes lately too b/c I''m feeling major job dis-satisfaction. Good luck!

Skippy, I have fun going to lunch w/those I''ve known for a long time too. I realized I''ve known my hair stylist for about 20 years! Time sure does fly. Glad you had fun! Your walk and sunrise sound wonderful! What a wonderful way to start your day.
I did have a good workout, thanks! I got in 5 days this week so I''m very happy w/that! Tonight''s another workout night for me.

Shortblonde, Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend w/tons of activity!

Mrs.S, I wouldn''t mind school starting too but my son is dreading it. He relishes every day of summer camp! Actually, I don''t mind the summer too much b/c no homework or studying to worry about.

Well, I''m off to my Jenny appt. for a weigh-in. As of this morning on my scale, I was down 1.6 so I''m excited to see if their scale agrees!

Marcy, that''s great that your boss gave you a compliment! If I started eating m&m''s, I don''t think I''d stop at 9. That''s great if you have that willpower. I actually do better w/o chocolate b/c once I eat some, I want it for days!
I wouldn''t worry too much about .8lbs. I think I would go a bit crazy if I weighed myself daily b/c there is so much fluctuation. I usually do 2-4 times per week but if I had more willpower, I''d just do it once/wk.

Lorelei, listening to an upbeat song helps me too! Or reading a good book/watching a favorite tv show.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dixie, you are so sweet!!! Great job on the 1.6 lb. That is awesome you had your hairdresser so long! I made friends w/my hairdresser too!

Shortblond, yay for biking at home for 45 minutes tonight!

Stephanie it would be fun to start an astronomy thread!

Hey Chrono.

Rod, I only got 4 hrs of sleep so I feel your pain. I hope you sleep well and good job on the long workout tonight!!!! Hope you sleep like a baby!

Mrs. Salvo, you are wanted over in Who''s Who. Glad you got some swimming in!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2007 5:04:13 PM
Dixie, you are so sweet!!! Great job on the 1.6 lb. That is awesome you had your hairdresser so long! I made friends w/my hairdresser too!

Shortblond, yay for biking at home for 45 minutes tonight!

Stephanie it would be fun to start an astronomy thread!

Hey Chrono.

Rod, I only got 4 hrs of sleep so I feel your pain. I hope you sleep well and good job on the long workout tonight!!!! Hope you sleep like a baby!

Sorry you didn''t have a good night either Skippy. Of course I was sleeping so soundly when the alarm went off at 6:45 (I hate getting up in the morning to begin with), but with my new team of interns, the boss certainly can''t be late now can he????
11.gif

I''m really looking forward to the gym tonight for some reason. I''m hoping to completely wear myself out, which I can usually do if I push hard enough.

We bought some of the homemade chicken and vegetable soup and I think that''s what I''ll have when I get home from the gym tonight. Chicken soup can help foster a restful night too (as well as cure a cold - LOL)!

I''ll check in later..........

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 5:04:13 PM

thanks skippy for the heads up. i rarely go over there so it probably would have been weeks before I''d seen it. I''ll respond later when I have more time. this is just a quick PS check in
9.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Jas - Yoga Booty Ballet looks hysterical. I''ve seen a few infomercials for it and the name alone has me laughing. But that whole stripper workout thing apparently works...Oprah had it on, so it has to work, right?

Yesterday I got sidelined helping my sister draft a report for her new consulting business, so I didn''t have time to check in. She paid me back with a delicious dinner of grilled tilapia and fresh green beans. I swear I would starve to death if it wasn''t for her...she lives 5 doors down and I take FULL advantage of the fact that she cooks well.

Today I have had an egg white scramble for breakfast, some delicious black bean soup for lunch (random find at the store but it was really good), an unsweetened apple sauce for a snack, and an apple/peanut butter for a snack so far. No clue what''s up for dinner yet. Tonite I will probably repeat yesterday''s workout - 30 minute run on treadmill with mixed speeds and 25 on the elliptical to follow.

I also saw this health brief on the news today - it basically talks about how the latest research shows that longer intervals of workout are better for you then faster ones. So good for slow runners like me who are at the halfway point when the 1st marathoners are finishing! Then again, I''ve seen research that states the opposite (faster intervals are better). So who knows?!?! Seems like they change their minds everyday.

Oh and good news for bread lovers - my nutritionist told me that sour dough bread is actually pretty good for you. It''s not as good as whole grain, but is def. a lot better than white bread. Sourdough bread apparently is not processed like other white flour breads....so I will be getting a big, fat baguette of it as fast as my car can get me to the grocery store!

Have a great day everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All!

Skip, I''m so sorry you didn''t sleep!

Same for you, Rod, get some rest tonight! I tend not to stew for long, I just need some time alone to get over whatever is bothering me. If I don''t get it I can be nasty.

Tdiddy, it sounds like quite a great arrangement living so close to your sister. I love sourdough bread! Yummy for the tummy.

I got in a good workout this afternoon after our big adventure. The gardner was weed-wacking and a rock smacked one of our windows and it shattered. It''s a good thing we have double panes and only the outside pane is shot, but it''s gonna be a pain in the butt to get it replaced.

J is making steak, corn and salad for dinner.

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie, tempura is just one of those indulgences I feel I deserve for all the other things I've given up and for how I work out every single week. Sometimes, you just have to permit some things in your diet or you'll go crazy. Scones are another treat I allow twice a week. YAY on the 1.6 pounds there!!

Glad you get over your funks quickly Kimberly. I'm sure John is gald you do too. I guess I don't sulk as long as I used to, but I am a champion sulker, trust me on that. My mother is too and I got many of her traits (I'm sorry to say, which is why I'm writing my book, "Will Someone Please Shoot Me, I've Become My Mother"). Dinner sounds great as uaual, and so sorry about having to have the window pain replaced, having had to do that it is a pain (pun intended)!

tdiddy, just wait and they'll change what is recommended by next week. I take those things with a grain of salt and just do what works for me, which btw, takes a lot of time and is also pretty intense. But I think the body adjusts to physical activity and to get to a higher level, one has to keep pushing and mixing it up to get there. At least that's what I've found. The good news is that any level of activity is great compared to none. So, I wouldn't worry if you're last or first, just as long as you're there!

As I promised myself, I had a VERY long and intense workout. I sometimes wonder how with so little sleep I can find the energy, but I found some and then some. Then I came home and had my fresh chicken vegetable soup, so so good. Of course I had my 3 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate (for my heart health of course
2.gif
) and now, I'm going to have my Fuji apple as my last treat of the night.

Skippy, I hope you have a wonderful nights sleep and your dreams put a smile on that lovely face of yours!!

Mara, hope you're having a great time in Vegas and you've won oodles of money (though the odds are stacked against you on that one).

I just heard about Lindsay Lohan and her being arrested for drugs and alcohol AGAIN. It's so sad that someone that has so much, can value themselves so little. I'm guessing she'll wind up behind bars this time. Fame must be an awful thing. Aren't we lucky to only be famous to a very few and special people in our lives, like our WWT family here on PS!!

Night Night all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
emhot.gif

Date: 7/24/2007 10:15:32 PM
Author: Rod

I just heard about Lindsay Lohan and her being arrested for drugs and alcohol AGAIN. It''s so sad that someone that has so much, can value themselves so little. I''m guessing she''ll wind up behind bars this time. Fame must be an awful thing. Aren''t we lucky to only be famous to a very few and special people in our lives, like our WWT family here on PS!!

Night Night all!
Sweet dreams wonderful Rod and you too have a lovely face(I saw pics)!!! You have such a sweet/dear heart!! I love the highlighted passage.

Tdiddy, great job on the treadmill/ellip workout!!! I love SanFran Sour Dough bread!!!

Kimberly, thanks for the good wishes for sleep! Oh no, to the broken window; that is a pain. Hopefully you will find someone good to replace it! Great job on your workout! You are kicking butt!!!
36.gif

I am going to bed early, I want to get up at 6am and walk so I can see another gorgeous sunrise
emhot.gif

Marcy, enjoy the stars!
emstar.gif
Mara, win some money!!! Sending money vibes your way. hehehe
22.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif

Last night I stayed up about an extra hour looking through old pictures. I found about a dozen great before pictures. One is in profile so I took a current profile shot and had my DH show me how to put 2 pictures together in photoshop. I will post it below. It’s mind boggling that a year ago I looked like that; it doesn’t seem real. I never want to forget what I looked like so I won’t ever look like that again.
Lorelei, I am glad the flooding is not in your area. That’s great news the sun came out today. I hope you had a bright, sunny day. Also, thank you for the list of suggestions to take away the blahs. Great ideas.
DeeJay, I am so glad to hear you are at your all time low again. You certainly did have a challenging weekend. I am sure you are glad it’s over.
Lorelie, Skippy, Kimberly, Rod and Dixie thank you for reinforcing my belief my extra pounds will come right back off.
Skippy, your sunrise walk sounds marvelous. I need to get motivated to get up earlier; I love sunrises and sunsets. They are so pretty. I am getting a new digital camera so maybe I’ll just have to go out and get some pictures of some nice sunsets. I hope you sleep tonight too.
Kimberly, I’m with you on keeping things to myself and working out the blahs on my own. My little gem dish frequently comes out then too. I like to dump out the stones and look at them. Sorry to hear about the window breaking; I’m glad it’s a double pane and didn’t come all the way in the house. What a mess!
Shortblonde, it sounds like you had a fun and active weekend. That’s great.
Stephanie, I was able to see the Moon and Jupiter but it’s too cloudy to see Antares. That is great you’ve studied astronomy for years and have books and charts. It is fun. We should start an astronomy thread.
Rod, sorry to hear you had a bad night’s sleep. I hate when you can’t turn off your mind enough to get a decent nights sleep. I hope you have a very restful sleep tonight. I’m glad you had a great workout and your soup was good. Yes, we are famous to our fellow WWT’ers. I’d hate for millions of people to know my flaws.
MrsSalvo, it sounds like you are ready for school to start again. I am looking forward to my summer classes finishing up on Thursday night then I have 3 weeks before fall classes start. It looks like I have 2 internet sessions and 1 class on campus. That is going to seriously cut in to my PS time. Rats.
Dixie, I keep thinking I won’t weigh myself everyday, but I do. I am such a creature of habit. I think it’s good you can avoid chocolate all together. I use it as my treat and daily motivator. If I go over my 1200 calories I can’t have a piece of chocolate at night (or ice cream). It sounds like you had some great workouts and congratulations on loosing 1.6 pounds. Yeah!
Tdiddy, thanks for the great news for me. I walk pretty slow (faster than I used to but slow) and also I love sourdough bread. It sounds like you are doing great. That’s nice your sister lives so close and is a good cook.
I get ½ a day off at work tomorrow. Yeah! The Thunderbirds are performing in the morning so I’ll watch them from work then leave at noon. Life is good.
Take care and have a great evening and a wonderful Wednesday.
36.gif

Are you ready for this shocker? Notice my finger is still in a bandage. Ha Ha.
Marcy

mcprofilesm.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock

A sleepy greeting to all ... I am having quite a week and can barely catch my breath, but I vowed to keep posting to sort of hold myself accountable, healthwise. So here I am!

Today, instead of watching lone guy on the YBB Burlesque tape (because, really, it was disturbing...I think he thought he looked really sexy and was gonna get a honey due to this "exposure"), I watched a gal in the "crew." Now, here''s a BURLESQUE video. It''s supposed to be sexy and sultry and all that; but this gal was just frenetic...she couldn''t just wave her arms above her head. Nope. She had to swivel and jump like she was trying to catch someone''s attention. Hardly sensual, which then made me wonder if this gal, well, was a bit of a jackrabbit in the loving department. THAT made me wonder if this particular YBB tape was somehow indicative of one''s, errr, performance. Which is totally not what I should be thinking when I am working out, which is why I think I injured my groove thing.

Eating today was not particularly interesting, other than that, due to eating super-duper well and healthy for the last 4-5 days, I ate exactly 1/2 cup of Ben and Jerry''s Cookie Dough ice cream. 220 totally unredeeming calories and very worth it. Yum.

I wish you all glorious dreams and more wonderful sunsets for you, Skippy.
Gypsy, if you''re tuning in, I hope things are calming down for you tonight.
Rod, I wish you a good night''s rest.
Lorelei, I forgot to mention, I loved the opener this week. My pick me up is often reading and writing here on PS!
Tuck yourselves in tightly, people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results