shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd May till 28th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 10:31:11 PM
Author: Rod
Sounds like you had a busy day there Mrssalvo. Please congratulate hubby on the weight loss and I hope the two of you have a very special date night at your Italian restaurant!! We had a wonderful neighborhood Italian restaurant in our last home, but somehow, I got it my head that Italian was too fattening and we just stopped going there. We''ve actually talked about throwing caution to the wind and having a nice pasta dinner sometime soon!

thanks skippy, Rod, and kim, I''ll pass on the congrats to hubby. he is very happy and was surprised b/c he traveled some since his last weigh in and splurged a bit but it looks like he did all right. I''m so very proud of him.

skippy, the date nights are always so much fun and my kids go and stay with my mom whom they adore so I can go and have fun with hubby without feeling guilty about leaving them which is wonderful.

Rod, you''re right that most pasta is fattening and since I''ve started cooking lighter meals I rarely even make it at home anymore. I used to make whole wheat speghetti once or twice a week but the calories are usually more than we want for a dinner meal now. But, this Italian restaurant is our special place and since we only go a few times a year I figure it will be ok. We''ve been splitting meals and getting our own salads when we go out so we may just do that again. of course the penne arrabiata is so yummy I''m not sure I want to share
11.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
happy b-day to MrsS''s hubby - Italian food sounds fantastic!! We actually make quite a bit of ww pasta at home, but I usually load it with at least an equal volume of veggies to pasta plus other healthy low-fat toppings so I can have a serving of whatever it is without actually getting very much pasta.

Skippy - I wouldn''t worry too much about the stress weight. It sounds like your trip will be super-relaxing, which will hopefully allow it to come off naturally.

lumpkin - way to go on the workout!!

DJ and Ellen - awesome about the new clothes. That is just the best feeling! DJ - I don''t remember if you''re one of the short ones or not, but if you are you could consider trying the Ann Taylor petites for when you''re between sizes. I find this works at both AT and Banana, although the Banana pants are cut a bit bigger through the hips so I''m usually a size smaller. But last time I was at AT the 8''s were a little too big but a pair of 8P fit just right and I had the same experience with Banana jeans in a 6P. Anyway, just a thought.

I know I''ve forgotten lots of people, so please forgive me - this thread moves so fast its hard to keep track!
5.gif

I had a real live burrito today
18.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I was walking along a street with lots of restaurants and shops near my Dr''s office right before my appointment today, freaking out because I forgot to pack lunch. Along the row was a La Salsa (like Baja Fresh for those fellow Calis). Anyway, I used to eat their stuff in high school so I went in to see if I could find something reasonably healthy. I got a "California Burrito" which had black beans, rice, cheese, lettuce and avocado. Not super-healthy but not dreadful either. I only ate 1/3 of it because I was so paranoid about how many zillions of calories it might be, but I actually found that that filled me up plenty for lunch. So when I got back to work I checked online, and it turns out the whole thing is only 705 calories, with a little more fat than I''d normally eat but a good kick of fiber and lots of protein, so overall not bad at all. Which is great because here I am stuck at the lab late with no dinner, so I just had the other 2/3 of it. Since I had a light breakfast (only about 170 cals), it worked out nicely and I still have calories left for dessert and some fresh fruit when I get home. And I would just like to say for the record, that that burrito was incredible - I haven''t had Mexican food in months and it was such a nice treat.

The whole experience really highlighted two things for me, that I''m sure all of you can probably relate to:

1. I need to stop being so paranoid about calories and trust myself to make good choices and exercise portion control to keep my calories reasonable. Obviously its better when I can plan my meals, but its equally important to be able to identify reasonable choies and really try to trust yourself to eat reasonable portions (even if that means wrapping it up or pushing the plate away from you or whatever), but recognizing when you''ve had enough.

2. Since I''ve been eating smaller quantities of things, I find myself really savoring the taste of many foods, treat foods and non-treat foods more. I''m not really sure why this is, but its really nice to enjoy my food more than I used to, and it really makes treats feel more like treats, which I think allows me to be satisfied without eating huge amounts of them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello wwt'ers! checking in from raleigh, we got in last nite and it's been go go go since then but so much fun. i will try not to go into super typical mara over-detail as it would take too long but we had sushi at mura last nite rod, super yummy...we loved the firecracker shrimp and the lobster roll and the screaming orgasm (or the 'o roll' as our waiter called it!). hamed apparently has left mura and moved on for greener pastures but the gal at the front said he was fabulous, we are sorry we missed him. our youngish surfer looking waiter jeff was cool though. it's soooo funny but the north hills outdoor mall thing that mura is in totally is like this outdoor mall we have in san jose called santana row. we drove in and greg said 'okay so we flew 7 hours and are we still in california or what?'...it was soo funny. but the food was def tasty. today we did a ton of driving around and visiting, we went to five points and the hayes barton area, we drove through north raleigh near inman park and up lead mine road, we visited wakefield plantation which is this absolutely huge master planned community between raleigh and wake forest, and then we drove into wake forest and visited heritage wake forest or something like that, another master planned community. oh and we also drove through downtown raleigh quickly this morning. we hit the gym this morning and took advantage of the embassy cooked to order breakfast where i got an egg white omelet and a pancake. lunch we had at five points in this cute little boutiquey area, we ate at the hayes barton cafe and dessertery, REALLY tasty burgers and sweet tea. and then for dessert (because hello you cannot visit a place called 'cafe and dessertery' and not get a dessert' we had a slice of a divine double chocolate pecan pie. i don't even wanna know how many cals was in it but i figure i got a lot of fiber from the pecans.
41.gif

tonite we had dinner at 115 midtown, rod, and it was funny to see it was also in north hills (did you guys hang there a lot? i saw the golds gym, and we also saw a panera over there, is that the one you ate at? and there are TWO starbucks in here, we thought it was so funny since they are literally right across the street from each other!). dinner at midtown was AMAZING. honestly at first i was like okay it's right next to a grocery store, how fabulous can it be? but the food was really divine. we shared a shitake mushroom soup to die for, and also blue crab cakes and stuffed poblano pepper appetizers, and then i had the diver scallops (SO yummy) and greg had this special peppercorn crusted filet mignon that had a pat of foie gras butter on it that was OMG...so good. then for dessert we had a banana nut chocolate bread pudding with strawberry ice cream. wow. overall, two great picks so far for dinner, i have to say!!! big thanks for that...and greg who wasn't quite sure what to make of the recommends at first (he was like 'why don't we eat at more local places'...) said to tell you he totally approves of your choices !!! tomorrow night is second empire. i hope they have lobster.

we also did a ton of walking today...besides our workouts at the gym this morning. we walked about 2-3 miles in the hayes barton area just drooling over the big houses, and then we also walked all over model homes for 3 hours this afternoon and then tonite after dinner we walked around north hills. tomorrow we are working out in the morning, then checking out of the embassy suites (which has actually been a pretty nice place, esp for the price) and planning to visit big ed's city diner in downtown for a super unhealthy southern breakfast, and then driving over to chapel hill where we'll check into our hotel over there, visit a few new home communities, and drive around over there and check things out. the amazing thing is these master planned communities span like 200 acres and have everything encapsulated within them. it's pretty interesting. we spent 3 hours at one of them today just wandering around!

this morning we woke up pretty tired since we're on east coast time coming from CA which is always so hard, and then hitting the gym first thing totally drained me. so we are going to bed and sleeping in a little later tomorrow so that we can do the gym again. the funny thing is that this gym doesn't have a scale, it just has about 5-6 machines and some weights but that is all i need and really i don't need a scale anyway, i'd probably just freak out.
2.gif
i am happy to report that despite the eating we have been doing, i don't feel stuffed when we are done (even after the pecan pie, we were both saying how light we felt) and with all the walking and exercising we are getting, i'm sure it'll mostly even out. if i have a few lbs to get off when i get back home, that is a'ok as i am NOT missing out on fabulous vacation food while we are traveling. it's easier to be disciplined at home with your routine, hehe so that'll happen when we get home. oh and we took a few pictures of us at mura and 115 rod which i'll post when we get back...hehe.

whew this update was longer than i expected, sorry to ramble on!! anyhow, i just skimmed the posts....but hope everyone is doing well!!! we are having a great time out here and actually i am really surprised to say that we both really like it so far. yes it's different but everyone is so nice and so far we have visited some really cool areas and seen some amazing houses, both resale/pre-owned and new construction. the weather out here right now is really nice though everyone says it gets blazing hot in the summers. greg says he could possibly see us out here in the future but for now we are just having some fun and visiting diff areas.

thanks for the well-wishes everyone!! have a great day tomorrow...!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim, Lumpkin, Skippy, Rod, thanks!

DeeJay, this place sounds devine. I don''t care about the food, hell, we can drink our lunch and stare at our rings. Could anything be better??
9.gif

mrss, congrats to your hubby, that''s a great loss!

Amber, you''re right about savoring, it doesn''t take much after awhile!

Mara, sounds like you''re having a great time. And the pie sounds to die for...lol @ the fiber!

I''m wanting to have a few people over for a BBQ this weekend, but the weather is being iffy, so it may be a last minute decision, we''ll see...

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Mara, you've accomplished a lot in such short time. Yes, we spent a lot of time at North Hills. Our Golds Gym was there as you saw, directly across from Mura. And of course the Starbucks next to Panera was our 2nd home. Glad you like Mura and Midtowne Grill. I thought the same thing about the Grill the first time we went. Just like you said, it's next to a grocery store, but the food is really really great there. Did you get the sourdough bread? The master planned communities are something, but for us, they would have never worked. We don't actually like the pristine (Disney'esque) feeling they evoke. That's why we were buying a condo in Downtown Raleigh where it's the closest to urban we could find. If you thought Midtowne was great, I'm confident you'll have your own screaming "o" over Second Empire!! LOL I hope the rest of your trip continues going well for you.

Today's my last Friday to work out during business hours, so I'll be at the gym this afternoon.

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2007 6:53:25 AM
Author: Ellen

DeeJay, this place sounds devine. I don''t care about the food, hell, we can drink our lunch and stare at our rings. Could anything be better??
9.gif

Ellen, I think you and I might be twins separated at birth!!!
2.gif

In true Dee fashion I decided to follow up a giant dinner with a big bad breakfast, LOL. Went to Starbucks and had a coffee and some lemon loaf to get me through the day. But really I''m only at the office 1/2 day today because one of my work girlfriends and I are sneaking out to the gem show this afternoon. She isn''t able to go this weekend and hasn''t been able to make the other two where we''ve had PS get-togethers either so to keep her from total depression I offered to go with her today even though I''m going with the PSers tomorrow. And she is a BUYER--she''ll see something she likes, negotiate a price, whip out the checkbook and take it home. Could be a *dangerous* combination!

Lunchwise I have a LC in the freezer, and I''ve got some granola bars in my purse to keep our strength up this afternoon, but dinner tonight will be at some chi-chi restaurant over on Michigan Avenue to celebrate (again LOL) the HH''s birthday.

And tomorrow I was planning to work out before the gem show but one of my clients called me just before 7:00 this moring (good god--don''t these people ever SLEEP??) and she wants to see a couple of multi-unit investment properties first thing tomorrow so there goes that idea. Oh well, I''ll get lots of walking in at the gem show. I used to have a pedometer that I could clip on my belt, I should see if I can find that to keep track of how far we walk tomorrow!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
well i''ve been keeping up with the eating healthy and workouts, so i guess i''m officially back on the wagon...lol...i got on the scale and i''m back to within a pound of my previous weight. yay! anyways more importantly i feel better now and i have more energy. the previous few weeks i felt kinda blah--i know it was due to the bad eating habits that i fell back into. anyways the weather is warm and its sunny
1.gif
. i''m definately getting out for some sun and exercise today.

It''s going to be a tough weekend to get through with all the bbq''s and parties i have, but willpower will prevail. we''re having a bbq sunday and i''m making some healthy dishes in addition to the other stuff dh is making. that way i''ll be able to eat my dishes and not the sausage and pepper type things dh is making.
20.gif
maybe a bite or 2 won''t hurt. instead of daqueries or margaritas, i''m making sangria. anyone have a good sangria recipe? i want to try a new one. the girls want sangria while the guys have beers.

sat. and monday i''ll have to try hard to not overindulge too much. i''ll be at other peoples houses and one friend tends to just eat really bad and always has parties where most stuff is fried or really greasy
14.gif
. mondays bbq will be ok though since i''m bringing a vegetable pasta dish...yummy! i''ll just keep reminding myself that you guys will hold me accountable next week for my weekend actions...lol

mara nc sounds great. i''ve gotta get there one day.
dj & ellen--awesome ....new clothes rock!...especially smaller ones.
2.gif

ag..don''t fret about the calories...its great that you have portion control now and more importantly savor the flavor. sometimes i eat so fast that i don''t enjoy the food. i love to eat slowly and really enjoy eating and you sound like you can do that. burritos are great!

Happy Friday to all!!
36.gif
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All~

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Mara, your trip sounds like lots of adventurous fun. John and I love looking at residential areas whenever we travel, no matter where we are as it''s so interesting to see how other people live. N.C. is the hot place to be right now between all this talk at PS and 3 couples I know who have moved there in the last 4 years for the housing/cost of living. My BIL has even mentioned wanting to check it out. It will be interesting to see what this seemingly mass exodus, to N Carolina and other states, will do to the state of CA as more and more people leave every year.

Today is a workout day, yay! And tonight is the Padres game...it will be our first this year, John is so excited. Me, not so much. Oh well, I am leaving him home alone this weekend, I can sit through a baseball game before I go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday before the long weekend!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited! The scale budged another two pounds this morning . . . I''m down to 127, so I''ve lost 11 pounds. :) It was at 132 for at least a month, and then in the last two weeks I''ve lost another 5 pounds. Hurray!

DH is doing well with not smoking. He''s had some trouble with the patch falling off, but he hasn''t fallen off (the wagon), so that''s good.

I''m wearing a size 4 Ann Taylor Loft skirt my mom bought me a year or two ago. At the time, I was like, "Thanks for buying me clothes that don''t fit!" But I kept it, and now I''m wearing it. And it''s a Spanish style skirt with no give, so there''s no forgiveness in the waist or rear.

Question -- what can I eat at Maggiano''s for lunch tomorrow that won''t kill me? I would never go there on my own initiative, but DH''s step-sister wants to go there before she leaves the country. She''s only 21, but in the last 4 years she''s gained at least 50 pounds, and she was already large when we met her.
7.gif
So anyway, what''s safe? It''s not that I won''t allow myself bad food -- I had a hotdog at a baseball game last week -- but I don''t want to order a salad and unknowingly eat 1,000 calories.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 11:04:56 AM
Author: phoenixgirl
I''m so excited! The scale budged another two pounds this morning . . . I''m down to 127, so I''ve lost 11 pounds. :) It was at 132 for at least a month, and then in the last two weeks I''ve lost another 5 pounds. Hurray!

DH is doing well with not smoking. He''s had some trouble with the patch falling off, but he hasn''t fallen off (the wagon), so that''s good.

I''m wearing a size 4 Ann Taylor Loft skirt my mom bought me a year or two ago. At the time, I was like, ''Thanks for buying me clothes that don''t fit!'' But I kept it, and now I''m wearing it. And it''s a Spanish style skirt with no give, so there''s no forgiveness in the waist or rear.

Question -- what can I eat at Maggiano''s for lunch tomorrow that won''t kill me? I would never go there on my own initiative, but DH''s step-sister wants to go there before she leaves the country. She''s only 21, but in the last 4 years she''s gained at least 50 pounds, and she was already large when we met her.
7.gif
So anyway, what''s safe? It''s not that I won''t allow myself bad food -- I had a hotdog at a baseball game last week -- but I don''t want to order a salad and unknowingly eat 1,000 calories.

Apparently Maggiano''s won''t (they claim that it would be too difficult-WTF?) release their nutritional information. But they also claim that you can order things special off the menu. So I would order some grilled chicken or something, with a basic salad and if you want pasta usually the plain pasta with marinara and veggies is the best bet calorie and fat wise.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Rod, eek no, not a two hour walk up a hill. The entire walk took 1 hr 45 minutes, with the uphill section probably being about 30 minutes or so. But it was very steep! And I know you will be fine during your meetings. One trick I use is that all I have to do is "a little bit." I find once I haul my butt to the gym, I do a full workout anyway. Also finding a walking/running ourdoors helps...lots of distractions since there are tons of things to look at in a new environment.

Skippy, don''t be mad at yourself girl...just keep being HEALTHY. Your body gets stronger and sometimes I think that we overlook that in favor of weightloss. Don''t get me wrong...weightloss is much more exciting. But lately I am pretty amazed with what my body has been capable of doing.

Ellen, whoo hoo girl! That is excellent! Wow, WHITE and FITTED. You''re brave...but I daresay it''s because you look smashing!

And another whoo hoo for your pants DJ! And I find giving in to a MickeyD''s craving once in a while is key to general happiness.
3.gif

Kimberly, I was just thinking of you the other day and that you''re a lucky lady to have John cook for you so much. But then, I thought...well, he''s luckier to have you!
2.gif

MrsS, happy belated to your man!

AG, You are quite right with your points. And I''m scared of burritos too, but I''ve found that the entire thing makes me sick so I trust that I''ll only have a small bit too, which helps with my burrito paranoia.

Good to see you checking in Mara...sounds like you are having a nice time!

I am SO happy to be back home. It was only a 3 day trip, but felt longer maybe because I was in Canada? I am so happy to have cereal this morning and go into my usual routine. I had three workouts this week...pretty good for a travel week and I''ll get in my fourth today. Have a great weekend everyone! It will probably be awful for me...parties and TGal do not equate to a healthy eating day, but I''ll think of you all and do my best!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet, TGal! We are equally lucky and well balanced as it sounds like you and TGuy are. We''re both very quirky and have our annoying traits as well as our good traits (he would tell you I''m the only one who can be annoyingly quirky), one of his great traits his he is wonderful about helping around the house, cooking, cleaning, etc. even though I only work PT.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all
35.gif

AG is sounds like you are doing well; I am glad you had the burrito! Mara, sounds like you are having the best time!!! Isn''t it so green out there! Ellen, Hope you get your BBQ wish; I love BBQ''s. Plus grilling fish is so good for you. Enjoy your day at the Gym Rod during business hours! Can''t wait to hear about more wonderful eating experiences in Tampa
9.gif
DeeJay, you and Ellen are too cute!!! Yah, NYC!
Kimberly have a great workout and enjoy the game! I love hotdogs and thanks for the travel article!!! Great job PG, size 4, awesome!!! TG, glad you are back home w/hubby! Sounds like you did good on the road!

Tonight I am going for a long walk!!!! Can''t wait!

I am looking forward to my trip; I packed and I am just trying to remember if there are any last min items I need to pack! My dad''s bday is Sunday so we are making breakfast for him before we jump on the plane to Oahu and Kauai
9.gif

Happy Friday all; I will check back in after my walk
35.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

I''ve mostly been lurking this week, as I''ve been a bad and busy chargergrrl. Let''s just chalk it up to a lot of stress here at work.

It sounds like everyone is doing fabulously. CONGRATS!

Have a great holiday weekend and see y''all next week. I plan to be back on the WWT wagon.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Afternoon All!

Had a great work out, 63 minutes and 550 calories burned. It doesn''t even touch your elliptical prowess, Rod, but it''s no stick in the eye either!

Lunch was a 230 cal quesadilla. We''re leaving for the game in a few hours...ChargerGrrl reminded me that PetCo park has a lot more than hot dogs, so who knows what''s for dinner. Have a great evening all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just touching base here! I''ve been MIA all week, I know...I had a lot of appointments with the orthodontist and oral surgeon and dentist, and I also managed to get all my annuals planted. I finally had to take a break from the computer, I was spending a little too much time on the couch with the laptop and after a few weeks of being off work due to my recent dental work I was getting antsy to just be outside.

Eating is going much better now, I can finally chew pretty well but cleaning out my mouth afterwards is a PITA. I have so much going on in there right now I have to use a water pik, a toothbrush, and flossing takes forever around the braces, then I have this prescription rinse stuff and I have to expand my appliance with a key twice a day. So I''ve lost about 10 lbs in the last month...mainly from lack of snacking and all the portion control! Please don''t congratulate me...I purposely let a little weight creep back on over the previous few months in anticipation of this weight loss, so I''m back to where I was last fall and am pretty happy with that. Just this week I''ve finally felt up to taking more walks and getting outside and have gotten the ok to go ahead and work out but to be careful and not overdo it, I definitely can''t do anything where I could potentially fall and bump my face as I still have swelling and my bones will take awhile to regrow back together.

Everyone is doing well here, keep up the great work and physical fitness and healthy lifestyles!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I''m so glad you checked in; I hope you are taking good care of yourself. I won''t congratulate you, per your request, but am wishing you continued recovery!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kimberly! Taking good care of myself is my middle name, ha ha! Thanks again for the well wishes!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2007 6:10:56 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Happy Afternoon All!

Had a great work out, 63 minutes and 550 calories burned. It doesn''t even touch your elliptical prowess, Rod, but it''s no stick in the eye either!

Lunch was a 230 cal quesadilla. We''re leaving for the game in a few hours...ChargerGrrl reminded me that PetCo park has a lot more than hot dogs, so who knows what''s for dinner. Have a great evening all!
Nonsense Kimberly. That''s an excellent accomplishment on the ellitptical!! Enjoy the game tonight!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see you are healing Monarch. I too won''t offer congratulations on the weight subject!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to kick myself in the butt to get it to the gym again this afternoon. But ever so glad I did. I was really only intending to do some core strenght training and then the elliptical, but I got going around 2:45 and just got going and the next thing I knew it was nearly 5:30 and I was just finishing up a pretty strong 35 minute elliptical session. I didn''t do my normal full workout, instead I spent extra time on my upper body. Charlie was able to leave work early, so he got to the gym early, and we managed to finish at about the same time. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant called the Lime, just down from our Starbucks and had a nice dinner. I had this beer from the UK and I wish I could remember the name, I know it ended in Joy (so Lorelei if you see this, do you know what it is?), but man was it ever good. It almost tasted like Champagne, but it was beer and so so smooth and a little on the sweet side. Charlie had a traditional Paella with chicken and Chorizo Sausage, etc., while I had this bowl creation that includes all the fajita things you might expect, but all mixed up together. I chose the skirt steak and it was just terrific. Then, of course we went to Starbucks and sat under the oak tree. Friday''s are just so much fun at this Starbucks. Every single table (and they''re at least 15 or more tables) outside was taken. The Bohemian crowd was out in full force tonight and it''s just fun to people watch.

We''re waiting for the sun to set, then we''ll head down to the spa and enjoy a nice hot dip under a starry starry night sky.

It was my last work day as an unemployed fellow. In some ways, I find it sad that I have to get back in the workforce. I was actually growing quite fond of sleeping a little later, staying up a little later, checking the job boards, then heading to Starbucks around 11 AM then a nice leisurly lunch with Charlie, followed by some job boarding, but always heading to the gym around 3 and that was it. Believe me, I''m not complaining that I have a job again. Lord knows we need the income, but the past month back in Tampa has really been a nice time for me. I''ve really gotten to enjoy our home and surroundings like never before and I will actually look back on this time fondly.

Oh well, life moves on and it''s time to go back to work. We''ll get the most out this three day weekend we can, and then it''s off to Dallas for meetings all next week. My laptop did arrive today. Funny, it''s the actual laptop I had before being laid off. So, I should be able to check in next week from the hotel.

I hope everyone''s having a splendid Friday evening.

Mara, is tonight Second Empire night? I''m hoping it''s as good to you as it was to us.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, tonight is the first time I didn''t do what I said I was going to do! Ugh! I am exhausted from running around town doing last minute things. Okay, you will see that I walked tomorrow.

Rod, it is sort of sad going back to work; I have been there. Just think you will have a new BMW very soon. heehee. Great workout!
Yeah for 45 mins on the Ellip Kimberly!!! Have a blast at the game. Baseball games make me think Americana . . . like Apple Pies
9.gif

Monarch, yeah on the 10 lb weight loss; glad you are doing better!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2007 8:14:20 PM
Author: Rod
Glad to see you are healing Monarch. I too won't offer congratulations on the weight subject!!
Thanks so much Rod for the encouraging words...and the "non" congrats! I appreciate the kind thoughts!
ETA: and thank you Skippy for your thoughts as well!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went out for dinner last night. We wandered around an area with a lot of restaurants and ended up trying this new comfort food place. Since it was only its second night with its ABC license, they didn''t have a full menu and were definitely lacking in healthy choices. I got crab cakes (asked for sauce on the side which I didn''t use) with green beens and seasonal veggies (squash, zuccini, and broccoli) and ate all the veggies and almost one of the two cakes. DH is definitely getting the health bug because he asked me if it would be better to get mashed potatoes or beans and rice. I told him I thought mashed potatoes and white rice were about the same but the beans would be good, but he was getting meatloaf so it seemed pretty silly not to get mashed potatoes. But I did notice that he only ate about 25% of them, and we took home maybe a fifth of his meatloaf. For dinner tonight we''ll heat up the crab cake and meatloaf and add two veggies.

We got him his road bike/consolation prize yesterday, and he''s going to ride it the 20 miles to our lunch at Maggiano''s today. I did try to convince him to ride back home instead (so as not to be sweaty at lunch), but he is pretty determined. So I''m driving over there with towels and clean clothes and deoderant.

And I went for a 70 minute walk this morning and feel really great. I''ve noticed that if I walk for at least an hour, I get a sort of high for the rest of the day (endorphins?) which I don''t seem to get when I can only walk for 45 minutes or so.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all,

The baseball game was fun, except Trevor Hoffman didn''t close, which is my favorite part of going so I was mad. Padres won 8-6.

In more thrilling news, I got on the scale this morning and I''m at 125.0, so I''ve lost all my vacation weight. Now I just have to navigate the food at the parental units'' house and my cousin''s for the next three days.

I''m not sure if I''ll exercise today, I''m waiting to hear back from my mom. If she''ll go on a long walk with me I won''t do the elliptical.

I''m bringing my laptop for school, of course, so I''ll check in tommorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, sounds like a nice dinner. Comfort foods can be so.........comforting (just couldn''t find anything more original). Hubby''s 20 mile bile ride should be fun. I hope he''s doing OK with the not smoking. And you''re right, Endorphins can make you very happy. I think it''s one reason we become addicted to working out. The endorphins released are a real ''upper!''

We slept in a little later this morning (always such a luxury on a Saturday morning). We''re getting hair cuts, then having lunch, then the gym for sure. We''re toying with going to see a movie today, so dinner is up in the air. We''re just going to have a relaxed weekend before we have to travel next week.

Have a nice Saturday Everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, awesome job!!!!
36.gif
Have a safe and fun trip w/family.
Great job not smoking PHX!
Rod, have a good hair cut! What movie are you going to see???? Yah for the gym.

I am off to do my walk.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2007 11:56:46 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning all,

In more thrilling news, I got on the scale this morning and I''m at 125.0, so I''ve lost all my vacation weight.
~K
HI K:

Good for you! I simply do NOT know how you resisted pina colada''s while recently in Hawaii--altho I normally do not drink such "fancy" cocktails--last summer in Hawaii I do believe they were my "staple" and even had several in one day????
6.gif

Enjoy your long weekend folks!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!
Walked 3 miles; whooo I am out of shape. Hopefully I will be doing lots of hiking on my trip!!!

I am not sure if I will be able to check in to WWT; I will try depending on the house has internet.
Have a fun and safe weekend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results