shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd May till 28th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
A belated welcome to Lien and Lumpkin!

Wow bee, those are some great stats! Keep at it...you''re an inspiration!

Thanks Rod and DeeJay...yes, it IS hard working out while traveling. I was so beat today when I got in my hotel room at 5 today. But I was encouraged by your words so I went to the gym at the hotel. Can I tell you that most hotel gyms are SO awful? The thought of being in that dark cramped room for a hour was enough to make me cry, so I remembered that during my drive today there was this MASSIVE hill. So I ran out the hotel, ran down the hill and hiked back up the hill. It took me nearly two hours when I was said and done, but it felt SO much faster than being a rat on a treadmill.

AG, great to hear about the 3/4 pound away, plus some. I think you''re right...we gals just naturally flucatuate.

Kimberly, it seems like that isn''t much at all...probably bloating. A job well done for a vacation to Hawaii!
36.gif

Dinner tonight is steak. *blush*. But lunch was a salad with no dressing so I don''t feel as bad. I''m starving!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome back TG and gail! It''s good to be home (sorta). No, the weight isn''t too terrible considering I''ve gained up to 8 lbs. when traveling.

TG, you''re a champion, way to go on that hill.

Have a terrific night all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow TG......a two hour hike up a hill??! Way to go! I''ll be out of town next Tuesday through Friday on business. How about that, my first day on the job and I have to go to Dallas for meetings. I''ll need to find some of your courage to be good and make sure I get some exercise while I''m away.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 11:02:23 PM
Author: Rod
Wow TG......a two hour hike up a hill??! Way to go! I''ll be out of town next Tuesday through Friday on business. How about that, my first day on the job and I have to go to Dallas for meetings. I''ll need to find some of your courage to be good and make sure I get some exercise while I''m away.
I''m sure you''ll do just fine Rod!! Have a great time this weekend, enjoy those last days before you report back to work, hehe.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
for mara and anyone else interested, i forgot to mention that i tried the tj''s organic mango spread in my fage. i liked it. it has the same really smooth creamy texture as the american spoon fruit butters, but with a few large-ish chunks of mango thrown in. i thought it was a little less sweet than the mango butter too. and you can''t beat the price at $1.99 for the jar!

dinner last night was really yummy, and i have leftovers for dinner tonight (which is good since i''m packing to go out of town tomorrow and don''t really want to fuss with cooking!). today i''ve had fage with mango spread for breakfast. lunch is an unknown (work is providing b/c we have a big meeting today) but i will make the healthiest choice i can! i brought one of my 90-cal chocolate chip cookies for dessert so i will definitely pass on the catered dessert and have this instead. and i''ve got a kashi bar for a pre-workout snack. planning to do 50 minutes on the elliptical today.

have a good one!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Phoenixgirl, I found that quitting smoking was really easy for me, I think because none of my friends smoke and no one else in my household smoked. There was a lot of pressure to quit even though I never smoked around my husband or kids. But my mom smokes and can''t kick it for anything. Partly, that''s because my sister lives with her and she will not quit. That is absolutely key, he needs to stay away from other people who smoke until he''s quit for awhile, because they are not going to want to lose a smoking buddy. Other smokers will not be supportive and will probably offer him a cigarette, at least that is my experience when I go over to my mom''s house. For the longest time they offered and still smoke in front of me. Their house stinks of it. Even not bringing the kids over doesn''t seem to motivate my mom to quit, and I kinda think my sister is smoking BECAUSE she knows I don''t like to bring the kids over due to the smoke. My other sister and her husband smoke too (no kids), so there''s like this unspoken power struggle at family get togethers -- if we don''t want to be around the smoke and don''t stay, then we''re not being good family, but they aren''t going to stop smoking around us because it''s their right to smoke, etc. I have never understood that mentality -- even when I was a smoker I was considerate of the fact that other people did not want my sidestream! Anyway, friends and family who continue to smoke are not going to be supportive, so he will need to mentally prepare for that and plan ahead for those times when he will need to be with them. Surrounding himself with non smokers will be a boost to his self discipline and a non smoking mindset.

I think a LOT of it is psychological and habit. I wish your husband the best of luck and I''m sending support vibes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am back and a little mad at myself. I think I gained 4 lbs; it was all stress eating. I woke up this morning and ate fage.

We go to Oahu Sunday and Kaui Tues since we rent a beach house in Princville I am hoping to grill lots of fish (hoping for that). I want to get lots of walking in; there is a walking path along the golf course; I hope to lose that stress weight.

Today, I am mowing our tall lawn since hubby had to go back to work. I am hoping it will be a nice vacation for him.
12.gif

Welcome all the new WWT; it is a great place here!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Skippy, that''s understandable. Don''t be too hard on yourself, just get right back on the weight wagon. You''ll be back to your old weight in no time.
28.gif

You ARE however, making me feel bad for posting what I came in here to post.
8.gif
But i will anyway, I too excited.
9.gif
I went shopping yesterday, and it didn''t go well on the wedding part, however, I slipped into a shop I swear was meant for me as far as how their clothes fit. I ended up buying a white linen ankle length skirt. The amazing part is, it''s fitted til about a foot above my ankle and then has a delicate flare. Fitted people. I haven''t dared even try something like that on in a loooong time. And it actually fit and looked good. It''s so cute, and versatile!!

So, I just wanted to say, Wooohoooooo!
9.gif

I''ll shut up now, not another word.
4.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
No brag Ellen! You deserve it! more more more
3.gif

I am so excited for you Whoooooo hoooooooo
36.gif
You worked hard you deserve it!
35.gif

Ellen, by seeing my mil have a stroke and pass away it makes me realize how important health is too all of us.
ETA: she was very healthy but I think we need to all keep working at it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy.
2.gif

You know, it''s not just about losing weight. You may find, as you get older (you youngin
25.gif
), that even when you''re not necessarily heavy, clothes just don''t fit the way they used to. Your body shifts and changes, even though you may still be the same weight. So finding stuff that looks good becomes harder, and depressing.

So when you do find a great fit, it''s a thrill. lol

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, welcome back, and as Ellen said, don''t be too hard on yourself. You''ve been through quite an ordeal. If I could I''ve give you four of the pounds I''ve lost so you wouldn''t feel bad right now I gladly would.

Yesterday I did pretty good until dinner time. I ended up writing a contract with a client and the whole time I was offering to order dinner in so that we could write and eat at the same time, thinking that no matter where we ordered from I could pick a somewhat healthy choices, but they kept saying, oh, no, we''re not hungry. Well, by the time I was finally taking them home around 10:00 pm they asked me to swing through the McDonalds drive through. Cheeseburger. Small fries. 550 cals DJ shouldn''t have had. Ug. I still ended up at less than 1400 cals for the day, but from a health standpoint McDonalds was not what I had in mind--and especially not at 10:00!

This morning I had to go and do a property inspection with a client at 7:00 am. Fortunately the building is only 1/2 block from a Starbucks so I was able to get some coffee to prop my eyelids open, but already today I''ve also had a 100 cal pack of Lorna Doones, a banana, and a granola bar. 525 cals and it''s not even 10:30 am--YIKES!

Today is the HH''s birthday and even though we''re going out for a nice dinner tomorrow night I bet he''s going to want to go out tonight too. Sometimes there ain''t no winning...

I did swing by Ann Taylor this morning and picked up a pair of cute linen pants in an 8, which is a real accomplishment for me because AT pants are cut so narrow that I usually have to go up a size in whatever I''m looking at anyway.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well whooohoo on the pants DJ!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 11:35:28 AM
Author: Ellen
Well whooohoo on the pants DJ!
Whooooohooooo on the pants and eating w/in range yesterday!!! DeeJay, you are the sweetest. I will knock off the 4 lbs quick.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Pants for DeeJay and skirts for Ellen....WOOHOO!!! It''s a day of clothing celebration!

Skippy, please go easy on yourself, those 4 lbs. will be gone in no time. Overall health is so very important, and you''ve got that lifestyle down in spades.

Rod, you''ll do just fine, of that I have no doubt.

Dinner was yummy last night, nice and light. Today I have no clue what we''re doing, I''m going to cook...something. We were given Padres tickets for tomorrow night so that means not eating at home (dinner will likely be a hot dog at the game). I''m going to my parents Saturday-Monday so this week is a bit out of whack for me...but I''m just going to keep on keepin'' on.

It''s a workout day, YAY! My first since coming home and I''m really looking forward to it.

Have a great day all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa, I'm sure I'll be as good as I can be on a business trip.

Skippy, so good to see you back and don't worry about the stress eating, you'll be back on track I'm sure. Your Hawaii trip sounds wonderful. So sorry to see that your MIL passed away, and you are right about needing to take care better care of ourselves.

WooHoo Ellen on getting into a fitted skirt. YOU GO GIRL!!

DeeJay, sorry about the McDonalds splurge, but sometimes you just gotta have something like that. I'm sure the calories won't hurt your progress or stick to your thighs!! Please wish HH a big Happy Birthday from me!!

Kimberly, enjoy the Padres game and also that hotdog. There's nothing like a hotdog with mustard as comfort food sometimes! Enjoy your workout too!

I'm planning a nice long workout this afternoon. Then I'm meeting Charlie and the clients for Sushi at our fav sushi place. I guess since we're having sushi tonight, we won't tomorrow night, so I'm not sure what tomorrow holds. Sir Charlie says he's going to gym tomorrow night since he's missed so many workouts this week. So maybe nothing exciting tomorrow night. We'll see.

Have a great afternoon all.

PS. Miss Mara, if you eat at Mura's tonight in North Hills, am looking forward to your impression. It will seem funny to have you reporting on restaurants that we've eaten in like 115 Midtowne and Second Empire too. Hope your travles are going well.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Just finished my work out and I added a 1/4 mile today! I upped the intensity a little and worked up a good sweat!

Skippy, everything will sort out. Don't stress! I am very sorry to hear about your MIL. And you are right, this is all about health.

Ellen, good for you! I *remember* fitted dresses and suits.....

DJ, I've had days like that too. It's scary when you use half your allowance by mid morning! I'm sure you'll make up for it, though.

Rod, I've never had sushi. What exactly does it taste like??? We don't have much sushi where I live.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Had a decent workout this morning, burned 450 calories. John was aghast when I suggested I make dinner, I figured it would be nice considering I''m not working today, but whatever floats his boat. I think he''s making us chicken tacos. Silly guy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just mowed our big ole lawn; I think that is my exercise for the day!!!!

Rod, sushi yum. Are you still in Dallas?
Yeah Kimberly for a doing a hard workout. Have a wonderful evening celebrating John's bday!!! I guessed he would want to cook since he is such a fab cook. hehe
Yeah, Lumpkin for an awesome workout and upping the mileage!!!
Of course yeah for DeeJay and Ellen!!!!
Peachy! Yeah for being strong; was it the male instructor that told you that?
2.gif
hehehe
TG, Bee, AG, Lien, Gail, Lorelei sounds like you are doing great!

Mara we miss you! I am sure you are having a blast with hubby and Alj!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just wore my pants out for dinner with the HH and they have "given" a bit. Hmmm... maybe should have gotten the 6...

SO MUCH great food! Our favorite guac, and then a new salmon dish on the menu that I only intended to eat half of, but somehow it''s all gone now!

The best part about this restaurant is the lighting, LOL. I really hope Ellen will be up for a big South American lunch when we get together becuase the lighting in this place turns every diamond into an amazing kaleidoscope of color! Forget the food actually, can I just have another cocktail and five more minutes of privacy with my gems please!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 2:38:31 PM
Author: lumpkin
Just finished my work out and I added a 1/4 mile today! I upped the intensity a little and worked up a good sweat!

Skippy, everything will sort out. Don''t stress! I am very sorry to hear about your MIL. And you are right, this is all about health.

Ellen, good for you! I *remember* fitted dresses and suits.....

DJ, I''ve had days like that too. It''s scary when you use half your allowance by mid morning! I''m sure you''ll make up for it, though.

Rod, I''ve never had sushi. What exactly does it taste like??? We don''t have much sushi where I live.
Gee lumpkin, it''s kind of hard to describe. To be honest, there was a time if someone said let''s go get some sushi, Rod would have turned his nose up and declined. Now, it''s just about all I like to eat out. And I like the real sushi''s (translation, raw raw raw fish, like salmon and tuna and yellow tail, etc.) Sushi often comes in rolls with the raw fish and other ingredients wrapped by sticky white rice. Other ingredients, such a lemmon zest, or tempura bits or onion slices, or avocado or any number of other ingredients and then often they drizzle interesting Japanese sauces on the sushi. There are non-raw fish sushi rolls too, such as crab and shrimp or crawfish or lobster or soft shell crab, well you get the idea. Then I take a little piece of ginger and some wasabi (very hot topping with horseradish - yumm) on the top of an individual sushi piece, then ever so lightly dip it in some lower sodium soy sauce. I suppose it''s an acquired taste, but once I acquired the taste, I find I crave sushi. We usually have it at least twice a week. It''s healthy (though the rice can be high in calories) fare too. I''m not sure if I''ve helped to describe it very well. I don''t know where you live, if it''s a small town, you may be right and there probably isn''t much sushi to choose from. In larger towns and cities, sushi is VERY common. I hope this has helped some.

Take care.........Rod

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 9:34:39 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So I just wore my pants out for dinner with the HH and they have ''given'' a bit. Hmmm... maybe should have gotten the 6...

SO MUCH great food! Our favorite guac, and then a new salmon dish on the menu that I only intended to eat half of, but somehow it''s all gone now!

The best part about this restaurant is the lighting, LOL. I really hope Ellen will be up for a big South American lunch when we get together becuase the lighting in this place turns every diamond into an amazing kaleidoscope of color! Forget the food actually, can I just have another cocktail and five more minutes of privacy with my gems please!
3.gif
Sounds like the elevator in our condo. The lighting is so ideal for diamonds that I could just ride up and down and look at the beautiful colors..........LOL

Dinner sounded wonderful DeeJay!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 9:27:55 PM
Author: Skippy123
Just mowed our big ole lawn; I think that is my exercise for the day!!!!

Rod, sushi yum. Are you still in Dallas?
Yeah Kimberly for a doing a hard workout. Have a wonderful evening celebrating John''s bday!!! I guessed he would want to cook since he is such a fab cook. hehe
Yeah, Lumpkin for an awesome workout and upping the mileage!!!
Of course yeah for DeeJay and Ellen!!!!
Peachy! Yeah for being strong; was it the male instructor that told you that?
2.gif
hehehe
TG, Bee, AG, Lien, Gail, Lorelei sounds like you are doing great!

Mara we miss you! I am sure you are having a blast with hubby and Alj!
Actually Skippy, I don''t go to Dallas until Tuesday. But once there, I don''t come home until Friday. My laptop is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so hopefully, I''ll be able to stay in touch while in Dallas.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 4:00:29 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Had a decent workout this morning, burned 450 calories. John was aghast when I suggested I make dinner, I figured it would be nice considering I''m not working today, but whatever floats his boat. I think he''s making us chicken tacos. Silly guy.
Like I''ve been telling you, send him on down if you EVER grow tired of that man cooking fabulous meal after fabulous meal, even if on his birthday!!
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 10:06:51 PM

Like I''ve been telling you, send him on down if you EVER grow tired of that man cooking fabulous meal after fabulous meal, even if on his birthday!!
31.gif
Rod,

Dinner was fantastic, and I''ve told him you and Charlie are ready for him to come cook for you anytime! I also told him you''d mentioned a possible trip to CA and if you come we''ll all be going out for a nice meal, he was aminable to the idea so if you ever make it out here you''ll get to meet my personal chef in the flesh!

Skip, it''s DJ''s hubby''s birthday. I''d be the worst wife ever if I let poor John cook on his birthday. It is coming up though, June 21st, and I''ll be makiing ressies at one of his favorite restaurants.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a really good and Looooong workout this afternoon. Then I met Charlie and the client who I have worked with for several years too, for sushi and then they came back to see the condo since we live just around the corner. We had a really nice evening and they LOVED the condo.

Tomorrow, I''m going to work out again, but am honestly just a bit sad that this will be my last workout during business hours for a long time (at least I hope it''s a long time). I must admit that I have actually really enjoyed working out while everyone else was working and not having to wait for any machines. It''s just a much less harried place when it''s not crowded. But, I rebuilt Rod during peak hours and managed to accomplish much and I''ll just get used to working out with the masses again. There are some people I never see anymore because they only work out at night like most people end up having to, so it will be nice to see some of them again as well.

Oh well, only four more days of being unemployed, then back to reality.......Sigh........my second job of becoming a big lottery winner hasn''t panned out yet, but am holding hope that I''ll hit it one day..........LOL

I hope you all had a nice evening and are planning fun things for the holiday weekend.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 10:11:27 PM

31.gif
Rod,

Dinner was fantastic, and I''ve told him you and Charlie are ready for him to come cook for you anytime! I also told him you''d mentioned a possible trip to CA and if you come we''ll all be going out for a nice meal, he was aminable to the idea so if you ever make it out here you''ll get to meet my personal chef in the flesh!

Skip, it''s DJ''s hubby''s birthday. I''d be the worst wife ever if I let poor John cook on his birthday. It is coming up though, June 21st, and I''ll be makiing ressies at one of his favorite restaurants.
Well that would be something to look forward to Kimberly!! And it looks like I also thought it was John''s birthday. So sorry to DeeJay''s hubby, who''s birthday it really is.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
not much to report for me today. the kids are all officially out of school so some of my free time is gone. I still made it to they gym and then to the pool to swim with the kids which was fun. walked Zoe 2x today too. tomorrow is the end of school picnic and then i have errands all afternoon. the kids are going to my mom''s so hubby and I can have a date night. so excited to go to my favorite little Italian place in walking distance of our home. I know dinner will be high calories so will have a light food day tomorrow in anticipation. oh and Hubby is down 9 lbs so far so almost half way to his goal weight
36.gif

congrats on all the new clothes shopping gang and for those who gained a few due to travel etc. don''t worry, it will come back off as quickly once you get back into your routines...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 10:11:27 PM

Had a decent workout this morning, burned 450 calories. John was aghast when I suggested I make dinner, I figured it would be nice considering I'm not working today, but whatever floats his boat. I think he's making us chicken tacos. Silly guy.
Like I've been telling you, send him on down if you EVER grow tired of that man cooking fabulous meal after fabulous meal, even if on his birthday!!
31.gif
Rod,

Dinner was fantastic, and I've told him you and Charlie are ready for him to come cook for you anytime! I also told him you'd mentioned a possible trip to CA and if you come we'll all be going out for a nice meal, he was aminable to the idea so if you ever make it out here you'll get to meet my personal chef in the flesh!

Skip, it's DJ's hubby's birthday. I'd be the worst wife ever if I let poor John cook on his birthday. It is coming up though, June 21st, and I'll be makiing ressies at one of his favorite restaurants.
Sorry, I have been gone and trying to play catch up but I guess I did a bad job of it! Oh my; lol.

Happy Birthday to DeeJay's hubby; have a good dinner!!!

MrsSalvo, wow, enjoy your day off without the kiddos. I love that you do date night!!! Congrats on the weight loss MR. S!

Rod, awesome workout!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you had a busy day there Mrssalvo. Please congratulate hubby on the weight loss and I hope the two of you have a very special date night at your Italian restaurant!! We had a wonderful neighborhood Italian restaurant in our last home, but somehow, I got it my head that Italian was too fattening and we just stopped going there. We''ve actually talked about throwing caution to the wind and having a nice pasta dinner sometime soon!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
YAY for the hubby, mrssalvo!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy, I get confused all of the time...don''t even apologize! John detests his birthday anyways. His annual wish is that it be forgotten. Now, if you mess up my birthday that''s another story.
11.gif
tee hee hee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results