shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd May till 28th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

Rod and Mara got me thinking last week about self body image, it really is weird the way we see ourselves compared to how others see us, and we truly are our own harshest critics. I spent some time yesterday angling my mirror and comparing my image at each angle, funny how this can make a difference. I had a real bad day yesterday and no particular reason for it, except I felt huge and uncomfortable, Hubby was doing lots of this
20.gif
20.gif
as I kept asking " do I look fat in this?" even with a T shirt I used to wear a lot last year, he said it looked even looser on me....I couldn't see it. I think it is very hard to try to get a positive body image if you have been overweight, even if this excess weight has long been a thing of the past. Now I am trying to use my feelings of having a heavy day as a good motivator to perhaps give me some balance and use it to my advantage. If I felt svelte all the time, perhaps complacency would follow, then I wouldn't work as hard. So I can use this to my advantage if I approach it in the right way. I think it could take me a lifetime to actually get my perception of my body image to match it in reality now, I wish I could say that once I started taking control of my health and lifestyle that my self imagery issues melted away, but unfortunately they haven't and my mirror remains distorted, it probably always will.

But weight and workouts are only a very small part of who we are, getting back to some other words of last week. It is easy to become obsessive, especially when we finally find something that works, we cling to it, but also our physical bodies which are our vehicle to get us around on this planet are only that really. They are not the be all and end all of who we are. I also want my body to be trim and healthy so I can do the work I love to do here and make a difference. Look after your body, try to eat right and take care of yourself, then use that body which you have put so much thought and care into, to do something great with it. Hug your Hubby or partner or child, play with an animal, go for a run, or just marvel at your body's incredible abilities!

Have a great week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent week opener Lorelei...........I''m betting you look fabulous in that T-Shirt but I know what you mean when you say you looked at yourself in the mirror and don''t see what your husband does. And you''re also SO right about becoming obsessed. Lord knows I am completely obsessive about it too! Thanks for opening the week as usual and I''m betting there''s something truly lovely looking back at you in your mirror!!

Welcome Lien!!
35.gif
35.gif
We have a wonderful family here on the WWT. Stick around, you''ll kind loads of motivation here to help you accomplish all you hope and more. It''s great you want to join your hubby in a quest for a healthier you. Take it one day at a time and we''ll be here to help you!

Today''s the day. I SO want to hear they''re really making me the offer. If ever there was a day to send FAIRY DUST, today''s the day. As soon as I know something, I''ll let all my friends know.

I''m not sure if I''ll do anything fitness wise today or not. We usually don''t go to the gym on Monday''s, but Charlie''s tied up in a meeting all day and has to go to dinner with them, so I really don''t have any reason not to go workout so. So, we''ll see how the day goes.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Oh and Mara, it sounds like it will be fun if you and Greg go to the Lobster Shack with your neighbors and share a bunch of different dishes. For me, Lobster is a BIG TREAT food. It''s what we get on our birthdays. And several years ago, Charlie and I started having big steamed Maine Lobster''s for Christmas dinner. Of course we haven''t had that for the last 2 years as our lives have been in such transition, but we''re going to be home this year and we''re going to have our first Christmas in our condo this year for sure. I actually look more forward to my Xmas lobster than I do the presents!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 9:36:11 AM
Author: Rod
Excellent week opener Lorelei...........I'm betting you look fabulous in that T-Shirt but I know what you mean when you say you looked at yourself in the mirror and don't see what your husband does. And you're also SO right about becoming obsessed. Lord knows I am completely obsessive about it too! Thanks for opening the week as usual and I'm betting there's something truly lovely looking back at you in your mirror!!

Welcome Lien!!
35.gif
35.gif
We have a wonderful family here on the WWT. Stick around, you'll kind loads of motivation here to help you accomplish all you hope and more. It's great you want to join your hubby in a quest for a healthier you. Take it one day at a time and we'll be here to help you!

Today's the day. I SO want to hear they're really making me the offer. If ever there was a day to send FAIRY DUST, today's the day. As soon as I know something, I'll let all my friends know.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything fitness wise today or not. We usually don't go to the gym on Monday's, but Charlie's tied up in a meeting all day and has to go to dinner with them, so I really don't have any reason not to go workout so. So, we'll see how the day goes.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Oh and Mara, it sounds like it will be fun if you and Greg go to the Lobster Shack with your neighbors and share a bunch of different dishes. For me, Lobster is a BIG TREAT food. It's what we get on our birthdays. And several years ago, Charlie and I started having big steamed Maine Lobster's for Christmas dinner. Of course we haven't had that for the last 2 years as our lives have been in such transition, but we're going to be home this year and we're going to have our first Christmas in our condo this year for sure. I actually look more forward to my Xmas lobster than I do the presents!!
* simpers and blushes* thanks Rod! My Hubby thinks I am pretty sweet! * simpers some more*

* watch out Ellen, more fairy dust going Rod's way!*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday morning all!

Last night after dinner it was all I could do to drag myself onto the couch and take a loooong nap. I don't know why I was so tired, but I definitely needed it. Then, of course, at midnight I was WIDE AWAKE and decided to make some jello. I'm downstairs cooking away and suddenly I look up from stirring the bowl and the HH is staring at me all bleary eyed and alarmed. "WHAT are you doing? Is everything OK? Is this some sort of Pricescope thing??" LOL!

Rod, let us know ASAP what the news is today! I'll be thinking about you!

Anyway, in true Dee fashion, I have some questions:

- What and how much do you really need to get your metabolism going in the morning? Does it have to be solid food or is having a packet of EmergenC enough since there are calories in it?

- Should you eat something right before you go to bed to keep your metabolism going for an extra three hours (I'm talking half a rice cake or something, not a pint of ice cream!)?

- And what does having your metabolism going REALLY mean?? I hear the phrase bandied about, and even use it myself regularly, but want to truly understand it. Help me understand!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 9:44:59 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Last night after dinner it was all I could do to drag myself onto the couch and take a loooong nap. I don''t know why I was so tired, but I definitely needed it. Then, of course, at midnight I was WIDE AWAKE and decided to make some jello. I''m downstairs cooking away and suddenly I look up from stirring the bowl and the HH is staring at me all bleary eyed and alarmed. ''WHAT are you doing? Is everything OK? Is this some sort of Pricescope thing??'' LOL!

Rod, let us know ASAP what the news is today! I''ll be thinking about you!

Anyway, in true Dee fashion, I have some questions:

- What and how much do you really need to get your metabolism going in the morning? Does it have to be solid food or is having a packet of EmergenC enough since there are calories in it? Breakfast is just about the most important meal and EmergenC doesn''t really have enough in it to get your metabolish moving in the right direction.

- Should you eat something right before you go to bed to keep your metabolism going for an extra three hours (I''m talking half a rice cake or something, not a pint of ice cream!)? I''ve read that it doesn''t really matter when you eat. i.e., late eating isn''t necessarily bad, but one''s metabolism should slow down for a good night''s sleep, so it''s not necessary to keep it pumped at bedtime.

- And what does having your metabolism going REALLY mean?? I hear the phrase bandied about, and even use it myself regularly, but want to truly understand it. Help me understand! It just means (at least to me as I''m not a doctor or anything) that it burns calories at a consistent pace. When we eat less, our metabolisms naturally slow down to conserve calories.
Thanks DeeJay.......I responded to your questions above!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, thanks for the replies!

In terms of the EmergenC, I have that first thing, even before I brush my teeth, just so I can remember to take it. I do eat breakfast every morning once I get to the office, but that is 1-1/2 to 2 hours after I climb out of bed so I was just hoping the EmergenC would get my metabolism going sooner. I'll take every little bit I can get, LOL! I do walk about a mile to work each morning (although not at any incredible pace given the other pedestrians, red lights, etc.) and I wonder if that does me any good in terms of getting my metabolism going for the day.

Interesting about the late night eating thing too. I've heard conflicting things and never know which to belive.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotta run and get in the shower but wanted to respond to you DJ...I think your walk definitely gets the metabolism going for sure. They say that breakfast helps your body wake up and realize it''s time to kick in and start working for the day, but I would imagine that walking a mile does that too hehee. It''s not like it can still get any sleep while you are working it. But I would def not put off eating for too long in the morning. Even if I am not hungry when I first get up, typically within about 15 minutes my stomach is growling letting me know my body is up and at em.

Re: eating before bed, I try really hard not to do it like 1-2 hours before bedtime. Even if I am kind of hungry because we ate dinner a little earlier. Because your metabolism slows WAY down while you sleep and if you eat anything before you go to sleep it basically will get processed at a super slow speed. It is not like eating will revv your metabolism then you lay down to sleep and it stays high. The time of sleep signals to the body it is also time for it to rest. So unless I am like really starving before bedtime I won''t eat anything typically and if I do eat something it is typically like a bit of fruit like a few blueberries or a few strawberries or something easy and mostly water kind of thing.

As for metabolism, you can probably google it but y ou want it to work as hard for you as it can at all times. When you eat a meal your metabolism revvs up and starts working on helping your body digest the meal. The reason they say to eat little meals all day is because then your body is always working to process your food. If you have 3 big meals, the body revvs up, processes the food for 3-4 hours then slows down to wait for more food. So if you are feeding it every 4 hours, your body really never has a chance to STOP working...and it''s always at a higher level. When it''s higher, you can burn something like 10% extra cals I believe.

Who really knows what the particulars are right? I mean we all read this stuff. But I like eating smaller meals all day as well and it seems to have worked for me. I think you do this too right? Anyway gotta run, early AM call but I''ll check in later!! Morning WWT''ers!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the pep "talk" lorelei! i was feeling pretty down about what i ate and didn''t do for the past week and didn''t post much. i went off the eating healthy and work out wagon. i felt like total blah because i felt as if i gained 3 pounds and i know its due to the bad eating habits that just crept up on me. i felt like those 3 pounds were really 25 and everything i put on looked yuck. anyways today i''m getting back on and am eating whats been normal for me (veggies and healthy portions) until these past 3 weeks. may has been a hard month with all the parties, bbq''s, and other obligations. it was so easy to eat badly, overeat, and imbibe too much every weekend, but then it crept into my weekday eating habits
23.gif

today i''m going for a looong walk and hopefully will fit in a pilates workout before lunch.

happy week to all!!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 9:44:59 AM

Last night after dinner it was all I could do to drag myself onto the couch and take a loooong nap. I don''t know why I was so tired, but I definitely needed it. Then, of course, at midnight I was WIDE AWAKE and decided to make some jello. I''m downstairs cooking away and suddenly I look up from stirring the bowl and the HH is staring at me all bleary eyed and alarmed. ''WHAT are you doing? Is everything OK? Is this some sort of Pricescope thing??'' LOL!
9.gif
Too funny!!

Lorelei, great opener, and I too bet you just look MAHVELOUS!
2.gif

And don''t worry, I have my slicker with a hood on.
25.gif

Rod, I really hope you hear good news today. *sprinkling*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 10:45:50 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
thanks for the pep ''talk'' lorelei! i was feeling pretty down about what i ate and didn''t do for the past week and didn''t post much. i went off the eating healthy and work out wagon. i felt like total blah because i felt as if i gained 3 pounds and i know its due to the bad eating habits that just crept up on me. i felt like those 3 pounds were really 25 and everything i put on looked yuck. anyways today i''m getting back on and am eating whats been normal for me (veggies and healthy portions) until these past 3 weeks. may has been a hard month with all the parties, bbq''s, and other obligations. it was so easy to eat badly, overeat, and imbibe too much every weekend, but then it crept into my weekday eating habits
23.gif

today i''m going for a looong walk and hopefully will fit in a pilates workout before lunch.

happy week to all!!
35.gif
Glad I was able to help NCY, we have alll been there, it is what you do to move on from that which matters, and you are taking control just fine! Keep going girl!! I have been working out but not as much as I do normally, ( I have been busy working on something else, more if it pans out later...!) but life does intrude, don''t worry about falling off the wagon occasionally!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so now that i have managed to appear mostly coherent on an early AM call i figure i can respond to the thread in depth hehee.

lorelei the whole thing with body image as i mentioned last week is kind of an ongoing struggle. i do think that it can take a really long time for one's mind to catch up with their body in terms of what you see in the mirror. above and beyond weight though i think that everyone experiences the mirror distortion depending on their mood. i may feel like i am having the worst hair day or my skin looks really blotchy but then someone compliments me on my hair or how 'glowing' i look or something. it seems like we get constant reminders from the outside world that our world as it appears in our mirrors is not as it seems.

i mentioned this last week but one REALLY good way for me to have a reality check is to go to the store and try on some clothes OR look online at size charts of your favorite brand of clothing. looking at the measurements will remind you how far you have come. i am still amazed many times that i am a size 4 and sometimes i swear i remain convinced that all the manufacturers changed their size charts in the middle of my transformation, hahaha. 'oh mara is losing weight, lets drop our size 10 to a 4 and make her day'...lol as if huh.

anyway i am definitely becoming more at peace with myself, my body, and where it has been and what it wants to stay at. i mentioned last week my lowest was 128 and i was loving that BUT my body doesn't want to stay there happily. and i support that. i love to eat tasty foods and i would have to cut all of that out if i wanted to sustain a 128 weight on my 5'7" frame (and carrying all the muscle i am carrying). that was just too low for me. my body seems happiest at about 131-132 as long as i continue to stay very active and use the whole 80/20 rule in terms of eating well. visually i think most people think i am thinner than 131/132, because i am carrying so much muscle but yet look very lean and slim. i think also that scale # distorts my mirror even more because of that. visually i don't look like what the scale says. so i still sometimes feel antsy about improving.

but one way i CAN continue to improve my body, and i like having this goal in mind, is strength. now that i am slim, being strong and slim are not mutually exclusive. i like lifting the weights, nothing too crazy as i don't want to be a woman body builder, but i like feeling strong as well as in shape and slim. i'm very proud of my muscles in legs and in my arms and that they just don't appear soft and fleshy. it has taken me a very long time, basically almost a year, to get to where i am with my muscles, so i want to keep them going. this may sound funny but in trying on clothes this wkd at the mall i noticed in the dressing room while trying clothes, that almost nothing on my leg jiggles when i was jumping in and out of the clothes. how long has it been since i didn't have some thigh jiggle going on?! things like that also remind me how far i have come. that is a huge accomplimshent for me.
1.gif

and to what you were saying NYC re: the whole falling off the wagon thing, summer is always filled with lots of events for us as well. i just have to try to plan out as best i can and stay healthy when i do have it in my control. obviously this trip coming up is causing me a little stress but in reality, i plan to enjoy myself, do what i can to add some of my regular routine/health items in for food and workout, and see where i end up when i return. i find the less i think about it and obsess on it, the better things go. and hopefully the more routine the new lifestyle continues to become.

i read in an article that your body will always try to RETURN to the state it spent the longest amount of time at. if that was consuming 2500 cals a day or not working out or carrying more fat, your body knows that as 'default' and will try various ways to get you back there(sabotage!!!). it takes your body 6-9 months to really adopt something else as 'default'. so that might be also why many times people are able to do something quite easily for a while then realize suddenly it becomes so much harder and you crave more things or you don't feel like working out etc. stick with it, esp if you are around that 6-9 month mark. once you can pass that and really get your body to accept the new you and new lifestyle as default, you will be really on the home stretch now. i am pretty much at the 9 month mark right now and while last month seemed like we had so many things going on where i was just eating eating eating etc...i kept active and i tried to be good when possible..and i am maintaining which makes me really happy because i know every day i continue this, my body will also continue it with me.

anyhow, enough babbling for now i guess. this morning i had fage with fiber one and blueberries all mixed together. lunch is going to be our leftover veggies and shrimp from last nite, and i have a fage and cherries for snacks. i have a few errands to run today, so i am hoping to get over to the sprint store to finally get a new cell phone (i am such a procrastinator), and then have to go to the drugstore...there is one about 1/2 mile from work so i plan to walk over later and get my stuff for the trip then walk back as a little outing as well. then tonite i will do my 3m walk around the neighborhoods at home and we'll pull out the suitcases and get started on laying out the clothes and getting things ready so that tomorrow night we are not scrambling at 11pm trying to finish everything. our plane leaves at 6am on wed (yikes!!!) so we just need to be sure we plan out the next 2 days to make it as stress free as possible.

have a great day everyone!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve recently become enamored of the idea of buying a portable rowing machine. I used to use on at a previous gym and I loved it, but my current gym doesn''t have a rowing machine. Does anyone have one? If so, what brand would you recommend (or not). Here''s the one I''m looking at at the moment... link

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Happy Monday, Everyone. Great OP as usual, Lorelei. Rod, sprinkling the fairy dust and hoping to hear positive news soon.

Regarding the body image thing... at my fighting weight of 130lbs, I had to fight a few silly things re: body image but was pretty content overall. For me, the last few years has been difficult in that I haven''t been able to get out of my own way to get back to where I know I feel good and can fairly easily maintain. It''s as if my mind glommed on the idea of being a middle aged mom of 3 and what could I reasonably expect...? I had to shift from that mentality (thanks to reading up on everyone''s progress here (Rod - you particularly come to mind!), and having a few friends kick me in the butt) to one that says it''s never too late to push myself to be a better me and not to give up yet! Once I finally made that mental transition, watching what I eat and exercising comes so much easier and I''m starting to see the results. I hope it continues, LOL!

Did yoga pilates fusion yesterday, and step this morning in my living room...whoot, whoot.

Have a good day everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and rod...

here''s a heaping truckload of FAIRY DUST!!! good luck today!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I saw your posts. thank you everyone for the sweet wishes and prayers. I will be back Thursday.

I wish am sending buckets and buckets of PS DUST Rod!!!! See you guys soon. XOXOXO

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Good luck today Rod! If you don''t mind, I was wondering about something - it sounds like you and Charlie both have professional careers, and I know you mentioned that you moved to Raleigh for your career. How have you two decided which career takes precedence and at what point in your lives? Is it based on who earns more, who enjoys their career more...? This is something that my DH and I are talking about a lot. Just wondering how you two have navigated it (anyone else is welcome to respond as well.)

I just got back from a session with the trainer (I got a couple sessions included in my new gym membership, but I might continue on) and man she is awesome, she kicked my butt! Also, she made me feel good b/c when we talked about what I already do, and when she did some fitness testing with me, she told me that I am in great shape and doing all the right things! That is always good to hear. I have a session with a nutritionist coming up as well. It is frustrating not to be at my ideal weight but I feel great and I am glad to know I am doing the right things. (I am 7 lbs away from a healthy BMI, but 20 lbs away from a weight I feel good at. 30 lbs away from my college weight, but that might not be realistic anymore since I am older and more muscular as well.) My intermediate goal is to lose those 7 for a healthy BMI and I feel like I am making good progress.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 12:48:20 PM
Author: gailrmv
Good luck today Rod! If you don''t mind, I was wondering about something - it sounds like you and Charlie both have professional careers, and I know you mentioned that you moved to Raleigh for your career. How have you two decided which career takes precedence and at what point in your lives? Is it based on who earns more, who enjoys their career more...? This is something that my DH and I are talking about a lot. Just wondering how you two have navigated it (anyone else is welcome to respond as well.)

I just got back from a session with the trainer (I got a couple sessions included in my new gym membership, but I might continue on) and man she is awesome, she kicked my butt! Also, she made me feel good b/c when we talked about what I already do, and when she did some fitness testing with me, she told me that I am in great shape and doing all the right things! That is always good to hear. I have a session with a nutritionist coming up as well. It is frustrating not to be at my ideal weight but I feel great and I am glad to know I am doing the right things. (I am 7 lbs away from a healthy BMI, but 20 lbs away from a weight I feel good at. 30 lbs away from my college weight, but that might not be realistic anymore since I am older and more muscular as well.) My intermediate goal is to lose those 7 for a healthy BMI and I feel like I am making good progress.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Good question Gail. For the last 15 years we worked for the same company (keeping fingers crossed, we will again both work for the same company). So, it wasn''t much of an issue. But, when I was laid off, I was the one who made the most money and getting a comparable position was pretty important. Where I went wrong was jumping at the first job offered, which landed us in Raleigh. But and this is a big but, the company we worked for has offices all over the country, including Raleigh. And Charlie''s job could be done from any office he chose, so he got to keep his job when we moved to Raleigh and he got to keep his job when we moved back to Tampa. I''m not sure I''m helping you much because it was a bit easier for us to just pick up and go somewhere. If there had not been office for Charlie to work in Raleigh, we would not likely have gone there in the first place. However, since I am the only who would likely make more money, Charlie would likely have left his job had I accepted an offer that required relocating to a city he couldn''t just transfer to.

Good deal on the trainer. We just love our trainer and he works us super hard and it always feels great to have a session with him. Keep up the good work!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks "heaps" for the fairy dust Skippy, Mara and Peachy. I''m so anxious waiting for the phone to ring. What is it they say about watched pots not boiling??????
32.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 1:24:47 PM
Thanks 'heaps' for the fairy dust Skippy, Mara and Peachy. I'm so anxious waiting for the phone to ring. What is it they say about watched pots not boiling??????
32.gif

Oh Rod, you poor thing! This is how I always feel sitting around waiting for the UPS man to arrive with my diamonds, LOL, and I HATE IT!

Hang in there!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 1:29:08 PM

Date: 5/21/2007 1:24:47 PM
Thanks ''heaps'' for the fairy dust Skippy, Mara and Peachy. I''m so anxious waiting for the phone to ring. What is it they say about watched pots not boiling??????
32.gif

Oh Rod, you poor thing! This is how I always feel sitting around waiting for the UPS man to arrive with my diamonds, LOL, and I HATE IT!

Hang in there!!!
Sure wish I was waiting for a diamond to show up!! Thanks for feeling my pain DeeJay!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Fairy dust headed your way, Rod!!!

Thanks for a wonderful opening, Lorelei. As I sit on the beach I look at the women around me and think "wow, how come I don''t look like that" and then wonder how far off my mental image of me is from what it is that I truly appear to be. Sorry you had a bad day yesterday.
8.gif

Welcome, lien. I hope you find lots of support here. I understand the love of wine, I have a glass almost every day as iit''s one of my favorite things, but I cut back in other places so that I can have that glass of wine. It''s all about finding a balance that works for you and I''m sure you can do it.

It''s our last full day in Maui...so sad!

Dinner last night was AMAZING. We shared crab cakes, so light and tasty, served with an amazing salsa that they should bottle and sell...and a maui onion, tomato and blue cheese salad. I had a rib eye for dinner that was perfection fingerling potatoes that were great but not the best thing on my plate so I only had a few bites, asparagus and a bit of corn. John had their special, macadamia nut crusted Mahimahi w/ asparagus and jasmine rice. He gave me a bite and it was just amazing. He said it was the best fish he''s ever eaten. WOW! So TG, the final answer is...yes Mama''s Fish House is well worth it.

I don''t know what we''re doing today.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oooh...sending loads of fairy dust your way as well Rod - that must be so exciting but also so nerve-wracking!!

Thanks for the OP this week Lorelei. I''ve been really struggling with this a lot the last couple of weeks. I finally hit my original goal weight last week (which is still 5 lbs over a healthy BMI, but lighter than I''ve been since college), and for some reason the next 10 lbs I''d like to lose seem especially daunting. I was horrified when I climbed on the scale this morning and it was about 3/4 lb heavier than it was on Friday (the goal weight weigh-in). I almost started crying in the shower at the gym, but then I reminded myself that that''s probably a pretty normal fluctuation and that I had high-sodium (but otherwise pretty healthy) Thai food for dinner last night and had been drinking a ton of water. I talked myself down so to speak and reminded myself of my agreement that I will keep doing what I''ve been doing (counting my calories on Sparkpeople, working out 4-5 days/week), and just keep my head down so to speak and if the extra weight doesn''t come off I can always try small changes in the routine, but this is the first upward movement I''ve seen in the scale since I started and it kind of scared me. I guess that''s also a lesson to go back to weighing myself only once a week.
6.gif
3.gif

Its tough as well because I really vascillate wildly on what I see in the mirror. On Friday after my weigh in my mom and I went out for a little celebration shopping at Banana Republic and I was so thrilled that I fit perfectly into a pair of size 6 petite jeans and a size 4 skirt. I got the jeans and a really cute green dress and wore the dress to a party on Friday night where a bunch of my girlfriends (who are all tiny themselves) complimented me on how small I looked. So I felt small most of the weekend. Until last night we went out to dinner with someone who is really tall and skinny and I felt huge and clumsy and awkward and like a short little troll compared to her. And then this morning I''ve felt huge. But I know I look no different at all to anyone but me. On Friday, being 20 lbs heavier than I was when I started high school (age 14) seemed amazing, and today it feels huge
7.gif

Anyway, sorry to ramble so much, but I really appreciate everyone sharing their similar issues. Its really helpful to know I''m not crazy or alone, and it really helps me to keep checking in here.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amber! It sounds like you''re doing wonderfully too! Do NOT fret over 3/4 lb. It''s quite normal to fluctuate up to 3 pounds from one day to the next. And as you mentioned, you had eaten some sodium filled food over the weekend. Congratulations on fitting into smaller clothes. I''ve come to a point where I just let my clothes tell me what I need to know. As long as they aren''t snugger, I''m OK. Don''t let that DEMON scale taunt you. It''s an evil evil device to be sure!!
29.gif
11.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimberly. I''m betting you look better than many of the ladies you think look so great! Sorry to see it''s your last day in paradise, but so glad you and John have had a wonderful time on Maui!! I''ve eaten at Mama''s Fish House on Maui several times and you''re right......It''s so worth it. John''s Mahi Mahi sounded wonderful, but so did your steak! Enjoy your last day to the max!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Amber, ditto what Rod said. 3/4 lb. is NOTHING to worry about. You have done an amazing job of making lifestyle alterations that will not fail you in the long run. Be so proud of yourself!

Rod, it was a delicious meal in a relaxed atmosphere. It blue David Paul''s out of the water.

John mentioned going to Gerard''s tonight for our last dinner on the island. I think I''ll be fooded out by the time we leave tomorrow and ready to return to normalcy.

Have a fantastic day, all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you guys enjoyed it so much Kimberly. I''ve eaten at David Pauls too and it was quite fantastic too! Food is great in Hawaii, but SOOOOOOOO expensive. At least you do get terrific food for terrific money!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI All,

Rod, I skimmed this thread checking to see if you had any news yet. just wanted you to know I too am rooting for you and hope that phone rings soon..

today was my girls last full day of preschool so it''s back to being a full time mommy until school starts again in the fall. we''ve got some fun summer activities planned so it should go by quickly.

no gym today but will do the usual walk with Zoe making it a little longer tonight and then it''s back to the gym tomorrow.

I''m off to go back and read this thread...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, the phone rang and I was offered a position back with my old company. It wasn't the position I had hoped to be offered, but it's a good job and includes a really good base, plus commission. I accepted the job. I'm just a touch disappointed because they had been talking about a more senior position, but at the last minute senior management decided to not fund that position. They wanted me back though and that's a really good thing. And with the commission, I could make a very good income, so I'm just relieved to have this job hunt over and know I'm going to be working in my old office, at my old desk, sitting in my ergonomic chair and working with people I truly care about.

I have to go to Dallas on Tuesday and meet with my boss from Tuesday through Friday. This whole thing is just surreal. My head is spinning and I have a headache. Not exactly what I was expecting to feel like. It will be so good to be working again though. And the benefits are really good at my old company, so that's a nice plus as well.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SENDING THE FAIRY DUST AND INCLUDING ME IN YOUR PRAYERS. It's been such a roller coaster with me I know. Hopefully, things will now settle down and I can get back to just living my life without all the job drama.

Thanks again everyone! Hugs and Kisses to you all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that''s great news! Welcome to the land of the re-employed! And wow, sending you to Dallas tomorrow--they aren''t messing around, are they?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, it''s next Tuesday, not tomorrow. But thanks for the congratulations DeeJay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results