shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd Jan till 28th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Goodmorning everyone!!!

Yesterday was a great day back on track for me (I didnt make it to the gym on Tuesday, due to a dinner party.. ughh.. which was amazing food wise.. but not so good for my weight!! Can anyone say KING CAKE?.. yum)

So back on track on Wed.

Breakfast: 2% milkfat cottage cheese, 4oz. - 2 pts.
Lunch: CousCous salad (I''ll post my recipe.. its gotten rave reviews!!) - 5 pts.
Snack: South Beach Peanut Butter bar - 3 pts. (I dont usually eat protein/snack bars.. but today.. I needed the energy - see Workout below!)
Dinner: 8oz marinated beef tenderloin, trimmed of all fat, 1.5cups of balsamic veggies (again.. I''ll post the recipe!) - 11pts
Snack: total splurge, but not too bad.. 1 piece of Belgian dark chocolate (I have a coworker who went to Belgium for xmas..) yummy. - 4pts.

Workout: 1 hour pump class (aerobics and body sculpting combined) and 1 hour spin class... (ugghhhh.. now you can see why I needed the protein/snack bar. Earned 15 fitness points. I think that much cardio back to back is a little too tiring.. so I might give up the double classes on Wed. and only do doubles on Monday from now on! its all trial and error right?

Total Weight Watchers points: 25pts. I only used 3 of my fitness pts. wooohooo...

Skippy123: wooohooo another Weight Watchers girl!! so excited to see you here.

My weigh in day is Monday.. so this coming Monday, I will start all the measurements and report back!

Today should be a great day too... I''ve got breakfast and lunch lined up to be pretty healthy.. and its a great cardio day at the gym. I''m going to try and do 3 miles on the treadmill and 20 min. of abs (my fave!!!)

Good work to everyone this week so far. Sounds like everyone is right on track!!! Keep going!! Stay focused!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 7:11:56 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

Quick question regarding the elliptical - for those of u who uses it a lot, do u use it in reverse mode and alternate? I find that whichever mode i start in first tends to be the mode I can stay in for longer, because if i reverse it my legs gets tired really quickly. Wonder why that is.

Oh I''m so glad you asked this because I have a question that I''ve been meaning to post forever but being senile at 36 I could never recall it at the right time. HOW do you get it to go in reverse? I see people at the gym going in reverse but never at a point where I can ask them. I think I did it once by accident and it went for six minutes and then went back to normal and then several minutes later went back to reverse. Is there a button or a program or what???

Anyway, I''m having oatmeal for breakfast and soup for lunch and I have a purse full of 80 point oatmeal bars and an apple so I should be good through the flight. And we have reservations tonight at Smith and Wollensky so I''m sure there''s a big hunk o'' meat in my future--YUM!

I did bring my work out clothes so mabye I''ll sneak down to the gym for an hour tomorrow or Saturday, and I''m hoping after we sleep on Sunday (we''re taking a red eye back that gets us in at 4:45 Sunday morning) that I might want to go to the gym (although I''m weird when my sleep gets disrupted like that so we''ll see). Absolute worst care secnario, if I don''t go at all for the rest of the week I did go Mon/Tues/Wed so I''ve got three in.

And thanks Rod and Jade for the encouragement!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee - just pedal backwards, I think some progs have a reverse section, but I think to get it to reverse, just pedal that way is all you need to do, this works on mine and the one I used to use at the gym anyway
34.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I was just about to write - just peddle backwards but see Lorelie beat me to it.

I have a question too about the ellipse. I did 40 minutes on the ellipse last night and burnt 630 calories - level 8 or 9 on the hill program.
1.gif

Do your heels rise from the pedals when you go around? I try to make them stay down as I think this takes more effort, but I don''t think that it is really possible. I looked at other people''s feet last night and it seems that everyone''s heels rise.

Thanks,

Mer

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei and Mer (of course now I feel stupid, LOL!).

Mer, my heels do rise off of the back of the pedals. I notice this becuase I always use the elliptical near the window and I can see the reflection. I would think it would be awkward/uncomfortable if you''re heels DIDN''T rise up at least a little, no?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee don''t feel stupid! It is one of those machines where it is easy to think you might need some special mode or programme to get it to go backwards!

Merri - I normally find my feet stay flat on the pedals, but I think the ease of this depends upon the model, I chose one that didn''t have the pedals at so sharp an angle, some ellips seem to have very steep pedals. I try to keep them as flat as I can anyway, but I have large feet (9) so that probably helps with my big plates!
9.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Yay DJ and and everyone else on the weight loss
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Keep up the good work!!

I''m so glad y''all are on the subject of the ellipticals
41.gif

I did my 600 cals for 45 min yesterday and I didn''t feel tired or exhausted yesterday. I think I am able to go to 600 when I''ve had a day of rest the day before. Tuesday all I did was my hour long pilates class. The instructor usually goes longer than an hour though, hour and 20 (still happy!).

So far I''ve been starting out at an incline of 8 or 9 for the first 15 minutes and then I can bump it up to 10 and then 11 at the home stretch with an intensity of 8 or 9. I think it amazes me that I can do it for that long and not be overly exhausted - do you all feel that way too? I guess what I''m trying to say is, its so doable that I question if its enough for me? Don''t get me wrong, I am sweating pretty good within the first 10-15 minutes I begin.

On a happy note: I did weight myself today and I was 151lbs this morning. I was at 156 when I first began weighing myself on the new scale, so its progress! I am thinking of what you mentioned Mara about not noticing the pounds come off right away in the beginning, so I keep that in the back of my mind. At least I am doing the right thing! I really should start the measuring thng as well, but I need to buy a tape measure. I can physically notice changes in my body, like the way my pants are fitting me, which is the BEST feeling!!
2.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
whether or not your heels rise up off the pedal when doing the elliptical depends on the model you are using. ellipticals can either be designed to mimic the walking stride or the running stride. if you''re on one that mimics walking, your heel will not rise because you strike the ground with your heel first when walking. if you''re on one that mimics running, your heel will rise because your toe lands first when running.

the two major manufacturers of ellipticals are precor and life fitness - precor is a walking mimic and life fitness is a running mimic. if your gym has both, you can try them out and see which you prefer!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I usually try to do approx half forward and half backwards on the elliptical, and since I haven''t paid attention to my feet I''m assuming that my heels do come up.

Jade, I personally think that it''s still worth biking and doing other things, even if it doesn''t burn as many calories. I like to mix it up so that my muscles and body don''t adjust as easily to my routine -- I feel like it''s a more well-rounded approach. And how do all of you know how many calories you burn? I''m reluctant to trust the calorie counters on machines, as I''ve read that they can be pretty inaccurate.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Re: heals on the ellipticals, my heals never rise, I always think the people next to me are going higher than me too, and then I compare how high their level is to mine and it appears the same? hmm...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done Rosebud on the weight loss - yippee!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for the ellip info SB, most useful to know that, I thought that might be the case but wasn''t sure!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Everyone continues to do an awesome job! Good work on food choices, JadeLeaves; so glad you got to work out Mara!

We''re leaving for the desert this afternoon and will be back tomorrow night.

Have a wonderful few days everyone. Keep up the great work!

~K

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol re the discussion on the ellipticals. i honestly dont know about rising and falling feet or whatever...i just do what breaks a sweat and doesn''t give me some massive injury, hehe. i have seen so many diff types of ellips in diff gyms i think it really depends on the model you use and how hard it is. the one in vegas at the mgm gym was crazy hard but it was a good workout and it was more like a climbing elliptical. i wish that we had more versions at our gym because then i could kind of shake it up from time to time.

DJ...we ate at S&W when we were there, get the truffled mac and cheese as a shared side dish, mmm good!!!

today we''re going to breakfast with greg''s mom at this fave place and then we are going to this outdoor garden/mansion/tourist thing around here...should be fun...except nothing is in bloom yet! then we''ll head back home and relax for a few hours, have a light lunch (probably just a granola bar for me) and then dinner is at this fabulous place we adore where they serve the most amazing steaks. it''s like a S&W basically but it can be even more upscale. the cool thing is that the waiters are not snooty or anything, so it''s this awesome really shiek environment but they are totally down to earth. we have gone in jeans and stuff and its no biggie. they sell kobe beef but i have never gotten it...their filet medallions are awesome (but double the amount of meat i like to eat), their iceberg salad is one of my faves. so i plan to get the salad and share it...the filet and then we will share one or two veggies and probably a potato. the real prize there are their desserts, everything is divine and the list is like 20 thick. so i am hoping i can save myself for dinner...haha. and not get too crazy at breakfast. i might have an egg white omelet with wheat toast instead of decadent french toast...but we''ll see. maybe greg will share a 1/2 order of FT with me. i did give myself mental ''license'' to splurge today and tomorrow. esp now that i am able to be a bit more active...i feel less bound by eating restrictions.

on saturday we are doing a family thing in this small town about 30 minutes from us...they have a 10m run and a 5k walk. we typically do it every year. greg and my dad are running 10m and my sister and i are walking 5k. my mom typically runs 5k but she might hang out with greg''s mom and do some shopping while we are all exerting ourselves. then we all go to this wonderful mexican restaurant for lunch! so i can''t wait to get a bit more fitnessy on saturday.

anyhow, everyone sounds like they are super active, yay!! have a great day all.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone''s doing so much better than me when it comes to calorie burn!
39.gif

Good job everyone!

Yesterday was an okay day for me. My butt and thighs were sore from my workout the previous day (NOT fun whenever I had to go sit down), so I took it easy and did my Yoga Pilates blend DVD which is about 38 minutes, and then another 20 minutes on a power yoga DVD. Not much cardio, but it is considered strength trainng, so hopefully it''s good for an off day.

Food-wise yesterday...I was good until dinner. I had TJ''s Frosted Cinnamon shredded wheats for breakfast, along with 1% skim milk; for lunch, I had TJ''s Margherita Pizza. As snacks, I had one banana and one apple. Then dinnertime rolled around and I met up with some friends for Indian food. Mmmm....naan is my FAVORITE. We had lamb curry, chicken tikka masala, and a basic chicken curry. Soooo good. Bad for you though. I felt my arteries clogging near my chest as I was driving back home.

So I aim to cook at home today to regulate my calorie intake, because I will be eating out all day tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Can I tell you all my new love – yogurt.

Strange for me, because previously I’ve had nothing but bad feelings for the stuff. however, reading about mandarine's homemade yogurt and TG's tasty sounding yogurt treat got me curious. plus, i like having healthy bones
emstar.gif

I can't recommend fage greek yogurt enough. My first taste was a disaster, inadvertently buying the 0% variety. Nasty. But, the 2% is divine, drizzled with honey and topped with some raspberries. Oh my goodness.

go. eat it. up.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
jade, i was wondering the same thing about calories burned on ellip compared to other cardio machines. i''m sort of critical of the fact that i can burn 10 cal/min on ellip and not break a sweat, but on treadmill running 6.2mph i will burn the same calories and i will sweat. also, i can do the former for 1 hr, but the latter for only 10-15 min before i need to slow down.

maybe mara has a comment about this,b/c i think she uses ellip and treadmill and monitors her calories w/ a hr monitor.

i did 570 cal on ellip this morning, then ran 1 mi on indoor track. did same yesterday, but also did weights. when i weighed myself at gym this morning it said 149. then i realized that i had my running shoes and my ipod and all the warm stuff i wear to walk to the gym on still, and i weighed again after i was just in shorts, tee, and socks and it was 146.25. the point to my story is that previously i haven''t paid attention to what was getting on the scale with me when i''ve weighed myself in the last 3 weeks! so it was going up and down between 149-146 but this may have been due to my shoes or something. (yes, i can be a little dense.) so maybe i lost 1/2 lb since yesterday, but maybe i was wearing my ipod yesterday. or maybe i peed this morning. i think from now on i''m only weighing myself on wed morning, w/ no shoes on!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Regarding the elliptical questions, I usually split my time evenly between going forward and going backward. Going backward is actually easier for me -- I have really strong hamstrings! Going forward is a bit harder on my knees ~ but it is good for my quads. So I split the time.

So last night I didn''t make it out of work in time for the step class I intended to go to, but I did go to a later class: 30-minutes of kickboxing and 30-minutes of lower body strengthening. Kickboxing just isn''t my thing ~ my heart rate doesn''t get as high as in my other cardio classes, and I just feel stupid punching the air
5.gif
Now, if I were to be actually hitting a bag or something, I could see how I''d get a lot of aggression out! But it was a nice enough workout and a little different. After those classes I did 30 minutes on an elliptical for an estimated 285 calories. I don''t know how accurate this number is, though ~ I just put my age and weight into the machine at the beginning.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work. And try not to compare your exercise calories too much with others. How many calories a person burns in a workout is individual-dependent. It depends on your age, weight, fitness level, etc. I''ve been working out regularly for a long time, so I can amp up the resistance and incline on the machines when I want to, but as I''ve lost weight I also don''t necessarily burn as many calories as I used to. The important thing is that you''re there working out!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is just so awesome to read these...I always feel like I should go out and go for an hour long run after I read everyone''s workouts!

Date: 1/25/2007 12:58:38 PM
Author: lovelylulu
Can I tell you all my new love – yogurt.

Strange for me, because previously I’ve had nothing but bad feelings for the stuff. however, reading about mandarine''s homemade yogurt and TG''s tasty sounding yogurt treat got me curious. plus, i like having healthy bones
emstar.gif

I can''t recommend fage greek yogurt enough. My first taste was a disaster, inadvertently buying the 0% variety. Nasty. But, the 2% is divine, drizzled with honey and topped with some raspberries. Oh my goodness.

go. eat it. up.
0%??! Ew nasty! I am surprised you gave it another shot. But the Fage total 2% is so mm mm good. I can actually eat it plain - which is pretty sour. But with honey, it''s totally a different treat. A creamy dessert! A tsp of honey is enough for me, but if I really want to go all out, I double the honey. And did you check out the protein in it? 17g and pretty low carb for a yogurt...so it really does keep you feeling fuller longer. The small cup (which is much bigger than regular yogurt serve) is 200 calories...perfect for my brekky allotment!

Btw, to the Aussies....Happy Australia Day!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Everyone..

I''m just leaving work to hit the gym.. I need lots of positive thoughts tonight.. I really really need a good run tonight!!! I''m shooting for 3 miles...

Thanks in advance.. I''ll report back later!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thks everyone!

DJ - my gym has LifeFitness machines, so what I do is just pedal backwards. However, there is a program on the machines that will do random swaps between pedaling normally or backwards.

I think I will try and swap between normal and reverse so I can work the different muscles, but it is SO hard sometimes!

merrijoy - I haven''t noticed my heels lifting, but the cross trainer is still very new to me. I''ll have a look when I go to the gym next!

Blenheim - good point abt muscles and body adjusting to routine! I enter my age and weight into the machines and it calculates how many calories I burn in a workout for me. My trainer says it is a good way of keeping track of energy output, but not to rely on it too much. It does give a rough idea though!

nejarb - I was wondering if it''s because of the heart rate. On the elliptical, my heart rate doesnt shoot up like it does if I jog on the treadmill.

TGal - back to a previous post where u mentioned how aussies wash dishes. LMAO - that''s how hubby does it too. I had to get used to how he does the dishes (wash in soapy water and then dry instead of rinsing) because he just refused to do it any other way. His excuse is that it saves water. I used to rinse all his dishes after he was done, but now I can''t be bothered anymore. Happy Australia Day to TGuy & fellow aussies here!

I am off to do some yoga here at home, and we have a bbq planned for later today. Mmmmm seafood on the barbie!

Have a good one everyone!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Australia to ladies.
Jadeleaves I have the precor elliptical and I love it. Mine is one that does''nt have the crossramp (this makes it go on an incline) and in hindsight I wish we paid the money for that feature but I love this machine and it works well for me. Most mornings I watch Sunrise with Mel and kochie and spend a half hour on it. 3 times a week I do a hard 80% heart rate program on it for 20 minutes. However since it is boiling here I have swapped this workout to my pool. Did you see the article in the paper about 8 seconds intense/12 slow as the ultimate weight loss training? This is so easy to do in the pool and fun
9.gif

In terms of going backwards initilally I found this hard But now I can go just as fast and at high resistance backwards as forwards. But because I do interval training which is high low I go backwards during the the low resistance phase.
My eating has been good to + I have been drinking Ooolong tea just for the tast but apparantly this is good for weight loss too
1.gif
We shall see what the scales say on Monday
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Jadeleaves...good to know my hubby is not the only funky dishwasher! But I can''t fault the way they do it because it really is for the environmental conservatism that they grew up with, and not because they are lazy.
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[/quote]

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

I came home today after my shift with absolutely NO motivation to go to the gym (I usually go straight). I got to the place where I would have to turn to go to the gym or turn to go home and I simply couldn''t force myself. SO lame. I am usually much better - if the gym bag comes with me in the morning, that''s it, I''m going. I''m not even sore or hurting - just mentally not there. How do you guys push yourself to go on days that you just can''t seem to make it? I know I should get into a better schedule of going these certain 4-5 days during the week, but my schedule varies a lot with shifts changing and other commitments... So the actual days I go changes a lot which probably doesn''t help. I always get at least 3 days, usually 4-5.

But today all I wanted to do was curl up on my couch with a million blankets. And man was I snacky. What to do then? How get your brain AWAY from all those not-so-healthy or filling options? I guess some days are just like that but it can be SO frustrating!

It sounds like you''re all doing so well! I just have a hard time keeping my motivation/dedication consistent... I had a GREAT day yesterday at the gym -- 60 minutes on the elliptical, 8 miles and 855 calories. So I just don''t get why some days I can push really hard and some days I can''t put in 1/10 that effort. I am SO inconsistent!

Aurelia

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aurelia don't be so hard on yourself...sometimes you just need a break! and 855 cals is awesome gal!!

that said, i don't have to force myself or push myself to go to the gym. i just do it. it's part of my weekly routine. i go on days X Y and Z and that's it. some days i think oh couch sounds nice and then i remind myself, oh guess what...couch is still there AFTER my workout.
3.gif
and i feel so much better just doing it. so honestly try to get into a mind frame like that. sure some days i really don't feel like going, aka TTOTM and at least then i have kind of a reason, but then i typically STILL go even if i do a 1/2 workout. because it's worth it. i really miss going and being off my schedule. when you don't want to go, just think of poor me stuck not being able to go! haha.

i was feeling pretty snacky today after we got home this afternoon, we had a big breakfast at like 11 so we got home at 3:30 and i ate like 2 servings of banana bread. at least it was healthy. so then i thought well let me do my little home workout. so i did 15 minutes of my run in place thing (definitely works up a sweat!) and then 5 minutes of arm weights. so at least i am staying active. and guess what. after i did that, my snackies were gone! something about working out makes you really not want to eat anymore...lol. so i might just try doing that when i feel like i am stuck in a 'mmm that sounds good' boredom thing. but the TJ's banana bread was awesome. i ate a bit and greg's mom ate a bit, and we only have like 1/3 left, lol.

for breakfast we all shared a serving of their french toast (DIVINE--honestly i am a huge french toast snob and theirs is the best i have ever had so far!) , and i had a spanish egg white omelet with cheese, olives and salsa and then home potatoes with wheat bread (and butter and jelly..mmmm). and coffee.

i might try to hit up the gym tomorrow...we are probably going to go to monterey or carmel so we'll see how the day pans out, if not i will do my home workout again to keep the blood flowing...on saturday i am walking a 5k so that will definitely be a workout for me...so maybe no gym tomorrow. i don't want to overdo it..but am really happy i feel like i can do some activity again.
37.gif
for sure if i don't get to the actual gym this wkd (due to the visit) then i am going to start again next week. i definitely feel a bit better every day...i still get twinges on my left and right side under ribs but it's better...and i am not that bad at night anymore. hopefully the prilosec is working and calming down my stomach lining!!! keeping fingers crossed.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 5:00:46 PM
Author: bee*
Congrats everyone on the weight loss!
I went to the gym and weighed myself and Ive lost another one and a half pounds this week so Im down 9 and a half pounds in total since Monday the 8th of Jan. Only another 5 and a half until I get my facial!
I didnt do a great workout at the gym today. My arms and legs are very sore after the farm yesterday and so I rang around the track 3 times and then did 20 mins on the cross trainer and I just couldnt do anymore. Im going to get an early night tonight and hopefully go before college in the morning to try and get in my workout.

Thanks for that info Rod! Your exercise regime sounds great-I definitely want to keep it up when I lose my weight too. I think that if I dont it will go straight back on. Can I ask do you still diet much or do you eat what you want and just exercise lots?
bee* I had a hard time realizing I didn''t have to diet anymore. But, I also realize I have the propensity to be a fat guy, so I am pretty careful with what I eat. Still, I do allow myself some food luxuries. I eat chocolate. I have a scone with a cup of coffee if I want one. I use real sugar in my coffee with Half and Half too! On Friday nights after eating as much Sushi as I want, we usually go to Starbucks and I do get a desert, like a cupcake. Most of the time, I am a really really good boy and I make sure I eat healthy foods. I haven''t pizza in so long, I can''t really remember the last time I did. I NEVER have fried foods. I will not eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Arby''s or any of fast food Fat Emporiums. I eat lots of vegetables and this week, for some reason I''ve eaten salads so often I may turn into one. So, I guess the answer is yes and no. I don''t really diet, but I don''t eat like I did before I started working out and losing weight. I guess I''ve simply changed my eating habits for the best. Long answer. Hope I didn''t confuse you or put you to slee
31.gif
p.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 3:52:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hee hee Rod! I didn't workout again last night as it is too bl--dy cold still, but it was time I had a couple of days off! I am getting low on DVD's to watch, I have almost finished The Klumps and Touched by an Angel and now I am considering my Dynasty series....
9.gif
Or Vegas Vacation.
16.gif

Da da da...da DA da da...... dee dee dee dee dee...... Thats just for you Rod and Ellen, it makes me shudder to think of how many folk on this thread might not remember Dynasty
32.gif
40.gif
7.gif

But I digress as usual!
37.gif
Hey Lorelei..........While I was on the elliptical tonight Entertainment Tonight was on (do you get that show in England?) and they announced that both Diva's (Krystal and Alexis) are going to be on tomorrow night talking about plastic surgery. Funny, don't you think???

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 9:52:19 AM
Author: shortblonde
whether or not your heels rise up off the pedal when doing the elliptical depends on the model you are using. ellipticals can either be designed to mimic the walking stride or the running stride. if you're on one that mimics walking, your heel will not rise because you strike the ground with your heel first when walking. if you're on one that mimics running, your heel will rise because your toe lands first when running.

the two major manufacturers of ellipticals are precor and life fitness - precor is a walking mimic and life fitness is a running mimic. if your gym has both, you can try them out and see which you prefer!
Good explanation shortblonde. And because I prefer running, it's why I only like LifeFitess Ellipticals. The Precor machines just seem so unnatural to me. Plus, most Precor machines don't have arms that move and that's another deficit to Precor. I would prefer to mimic a natural run and include motion to both my upper and lower bodies.

DeeJay, must admit that I got a chuckle out of your question. When I first started using the elliptical, I didn't even realize I was going in reverse for a long time. It wasn't until my trainer pointed out I was going in reverse and he suggested I spend more time going forward. The reason people often go both forward and backward is to exercise different muscles. For me, it's not that important because I work all the leg muscles pretty hard with machines and squats, etc. So, now I just go forward VERY hard for 45 minutes at least 5 times a week.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did step aerobics again tonight!!! I am so proud. YOu guys have really inspired me. whooo whoo!

Jaders, I am lifetime but fell of the lifetime and need to lose about 20lbs. I am glad you do WW too.
In fact I thought WWT meant weight watchers somthing. now I get it; Weekly Workout Thread. duh!

How was your run?

A bigger girl at my work started running and lost 40lbs. I went running with her and she was great. Now she just ran a half marathon. I hope to do that sometime!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m with Mara on the going to the gym. I just go. And I don''t give myself the opportunity to come up with a excuse not to go. And that includes when I''m stuck at work later than I would like to be. Tonight, Charlie called and said he just needed an evening off and that was fine with me. But, I did not want to skip the gym (even if I thnk about not going, I almost never skip a workut) and I went and had a great workout. I''ve really been making progress on my pecs (how about that! I don''t have flabby man boobs anymore......LOL). In fact I''ve made such gargantuan strides in my life because of the gym that I simply can not fathom life without the gym, period.

So, I''m going to turn into a salad. I''ve had salad for lunch and dinner the last three days. I don''t think I''m fiber deprived, I just couldn''t handle coming home after a long workout and having another Lean Cuisine dinner. After a while one just can''t stand the sight of square boxes anymore! LOL

So, now that my three workouts in a row are complete, tomorrow is Friday and you all know that means.........yep, you know us after all this time.........Sushi! Then we''ll be back in the gym Saturday and Sunday.

Hope you all had a great Thursday. And if you found an excuse NOT to go workout today, don''t let anything get in your way of a good workout tomorrow. JUST DO IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results