shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd Jan till 28th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 1:07:02 PM
Author: Cinderella
You people are GOOD about sticking to your workout and diet regimens. Sadly, I''m not all that great and just starting to get back on track again.

I was wondering though (and I may have asked this already, I don''t remember), for those of you who have cut out the junk food from your diet for a while, do you find that you get really bad stomach pains when you do eat it? i ask because I''ve cut out a lot of junk out of my diet, even when I wasn''t able to work out regularly for the past few months; i.e. nothing containing partially hydrogenated oils, not too much fatty stuff, etc. Well, the past two weeks, I''ve given into splurges and one day, I had a Hostess cupcake and a Pepperidge Farm Big Chunk cookie. Two hours later, I was dying in the bathroom. Yesterday, I had a soft serve ice cream cone (about 200 cals) and yet again, I was dying in the bathroom. Just wanted to know if this has happened with other people or whether I have a super sensitive stomach. And sorry about the possible TMI.

So are we doing weekly weigh-ins now? Oh boy, that''s really going to make me account for myself when other people have the chance to read about my progress. It''s scary. I suppose i should take measurements and stuff.

Mara, hope you feel better real soon.
DJ, congrats on the weight loss!
Lorelei, I''ve had days at the gym where I''m fiddling with my iPod and totally missed on my workout, so eh, chalk it up to a bad day. You''ve been doing so well anyway.
KimberlyH, yay on the lost inches! (Except on the bust, sucks how that ALWAYS goes the fastest. I went from a C cup to less than an A after one month of swimming. Sadly, I haven''t gained it back where I want it.)

As for the TJ''s pizza, I love the cornmeal crust, but I never buy it because I wind up eating the entire thing by myself. I usually get the greek one with olives and spinach. Soooo goooood......my new TJ pizza fave is the Margharita (sp?) pizza. It''s just mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. So good, and a little over 500 cals per pizza, so it''s not too bad if I watch my snacking throughout the day.

Yesterday, I did a 40 minute cardio DVD, which incorporated 10 minutes of cardio strength training into the workout. For those of you interested, I think it''s a great workout for home, my inner thighs are SORE. It''s Self''s Slim and Sleek Fast. I also did a 40 minute Pilates Yoga blend DVD, and that has a good amount of ab work. I have no idea how many cals I burned, but hopefully, it did do something.
Conderella,

I didn''t cut out all junk food, so my body doesn''t respond when I have a treat. I all but stopped eating fast foods (I splurge once every six months or so at Carls Jr. but otherwise totally avoid all ff joints) about 5 years ago and my body doesn''t seem to respond badly when I do have a splurge. I eat frozen yogurt about 4 times a week and have a bite sized chocolate bar on occasion and never have issues when I eat them.

Thanks for the kind words. The loss of bust inches is actually not cup size, that hasn''t changed since I was 12, no matter what I weight, it''s the measurement for underneath my bust, which is a bit frightening as it means my cup size will probably increase if anything! But my bras are fitting the same (a bit better actually) over the past few weeks so I''m befuddled.

I spent 50 minutes on the elliptical and burned 500 calories, yippee!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here''s my first weigh in ever. I do all my weigh ins and measurements in the morning before I eat.

Week 1
Height: 5''7"
Weight: 142
Bust: 35" (don''t know if I''m measuring correctly)
Waist: 28.5"
Lower waist: 32"
Bicep: 10" (are you supposed to flex? I relaxed my bicep for this measurement.)
Hips: 37"
Thigh: 23"

My waist to hip ratio (if I measured correctly) is actually not good for my health. I think I would be at risk for future cardiovascular diseases and diabetes if I don''t trim my waist down more.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Well, I guess I''m just not burning as many calories since I just started working out. Yesterday at the gym, I had the treadmill at a 1% incline for about half of my workout and my calves were killing me, so I lowered it down to 0% for the rest of the workout. I''m just gonna have to build up. For now, I''ll probably average 200-250 calories per workout and just keep trying to build up the speed and incline. Sometimes I use the treadmill and sometimes the eliptical because I feel like they work different parts of my body.

Cinderella - Don''t worry about being new and just starting - within the pats few weeks, many of us have just gotten on the serious healthy lifestyle plan. Several on this board have been working out for a lot longer, but a lot of us are new and the use of the board for accountability really helps! Good luck with your new healthy living plan!!! It sure isn''t easy!

Mara- Glad that you''re feeling a little better. Sending some PS Fairy Dust your way to help you heal quickly!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Cinderella, why do you think your waist to hip ratio means you''ll be at risk for those diseases? I''ve heard something like that before, but I don''t think there''s anything wrong with your measurements. I also understand what you mean about everyone on this thread being so good at sticking to their workout and diet regimens. I have yet to find the proper balance for myself. I keep coming back because everyone motivates me to keep trying. I have difficulty keeping up with the workout part because I don''t have room in my budget for a gym membership and I''m scared of running in the cold just because it hurts my lungs. Lately a few of the ladies inspired me to start up with my yoga DVDs again. It sounds like you are doing well with your workout DVDs too Cinderella!!!

If anyone has motivational words for running in the cold, please help!

I was so hungry last night so I snacked on popcorn and a pumpkin muffin. I think the problem was that I didn''t have an actual dinner. I rushed through three bites of a seaweed salad, a small romaine and cucumber salad with cheese and half of a granola bar before my MCAT class at 5:30pm. Then had the other half of my granola bar during class. Then came home and had miso soup with tofu and seaweed as my "dinner." I hoped that the combination of everything would be sufficient, but it wasn''t.

DeeJay great job on the weight loss! I keep fluctuating between 106 and 108, so I think that''s just water weight. I have yet to lose any actual weight, but that''s probably because I''m not excercising regularly. It''s a liiiiiiiiiittle frustrating not being able to workout on a regular basis.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry CJ no motivational words from me about being in the cold....i hate having to exercise in the cold unless it's during the day when the sun is out at least. can you do workouts at home? i find that honestly doing a workout or two at home can sometimes burn just as many cals as if i was at the gym for 45 minutes. better than nothing!! can you run during the weekends when the sun is out at least?

oh and i also just wanted to say really quickly THANK YOU to anyone who has posted a recipe in the healthy recipe thread....there are so many wonderful recipes in there, i can't wait to try some of them!!!!!! keep them coming as you try them out....!

oh and yes DJ sorry forgot to say CONGRATS on the loss and for doing so well. really everyone is doing fabulously (even those who might not think so all the time....) ...remember that the committment to being healthy is about a lifestyle change and not just how you do one day or one week...so having that long-term mentality is so important to me...and cutting yourself slack sometimes when you aren't as good as you could be.

on a perk note for me...we aren't doing sushi today (which is good and bad...haha) so i am just having chicken tortilla chowder from TJ's for lunch and then a banana and a granola bar this afternoon...lasagna and salad and bread tonite. while i am sad about not eating yummy sushi, i'd rather conserve my cals (and i hate eating a ton of cals at lunch) until the visit and then maybe we can go to sushi sometime this weekend for a dinner, yum!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ll make some comments on this morning''s readings a bit later, but first - my wednesday weight in numbers...

Interestingly I weighed myself last night...144.1. This is after my full dinner and about a liter of pellegrino. I also have an analog scale, which reflected the number as well (I know it underweighs by about 2 pounds).

This morning''s weigh in number first thing in the morning was 141.3. Nearly 3 pounds difference! The analog scale confirmed it. So wow, it really depends when you weigh yourself in the day. Since I usually weigh myself for wed weigh ins at this time, I will go with that number. However, the number after a couple of hours (after doing some "odds and ends") was 140.6. Again, the analog scale confirmed, so it''s not that my digital scale is going screwy. Lost weight in the bust and waist, which follows my usual weight loss patterns. Hips and thighs are the last to lose.

Last week:
Weight: 142.6
Bust: 36.75
Waist: 33.4
Hips: 39.75
Thigh: 22.20
Arm: 10

This week:
Weight: 141.3
Bust: 36.5
Waist: 33
Hips: 39.75
Thigh: 22.20
Arm: 10

Total % weightloss for the week = .89%
Total % weightloss since Jan 4 = 3.01%

BTW, my bust measurement is across my entire bust, not the underside. It helps me see the entire weight loss, since I know I will get smaller boobs. My underside measurements are more like 32 to 33.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
TG, I usually weigh myself in the morning. My clothes are my best gauge, if they don''t fit right, I don''t feel good. I have these two shirts (a fleece and a Nike zip-up) that zip up to my chin. I know I need to watch my weight when wearing those shirts is uncomfortable. It''s so silly, but my face really registers a portion of my weight and my friends can all tell when I''ve been working out, just from looking at my face. Maybe I''ll humor the WWT''ers with some photos later on. (maybe you''ll be horrified...it''s actually not so humorous).

Oh I almost forgot why I came to post...my fiance lives within walking distance of my college campus. As an alumna, I get to use the fitness center for a fee. I called just now to ask about membership, and it''s $215 until June 30, 2007 (not sure what happens after that). So for about 5 months, it''s $43 per month. It''s a very very nice gym with an indoor track, lots of cardio machines, a pool that I won''t use and lots of other things things that I won''t use. I''ll probably use it just for the track, cardio machines, and some of the strength training equipment. When I used to go there as a student, I know there were multiple weight rooms that I WANTED to use, but were frequently occupied by the giant football players who can bench press ME, so I''ll have to find a way into those. So I think I''m gonna do it! It beats the $90/month at other NY gyms!

Mara, I''ve never been able to do a cardio DVD at home. I''ll use the DVDs maybe three times and then get bored. Maybe I just haven''t found the right one?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ yeah finding the right workout is important. i prefer to go to the gym actually but sometimes if home-bound burning 200-300 cals is better than nothing!!

i typically weigh myself at the same time each day, in the afternoons after work at the gym. i read that as long as you are consistent with WHEN you weigh yourselves, it doesn''t matter as much re: what changes. they say to do it in the mornings before you eat as the most ''accurate'' weight but i figure as long as i do it at the same time all the time, then the movements up or down are legitimate, especially if they stay there for a few days. i used to weigh myself every few days at the gym and if the scale moved aka the last move to 134...i was like hmmm well if it is still there or lower next time then i will really believe it (from 137). so the next time it was 133. and the next time 134. so i figured i was REALLY 134. because it can move up and down a bit due to water. but if it moves down consistently twice at least, then i believe it. haha.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
CJ -- I don''t like it, but I run in the cold quite a bit. The only advice I have is to invest in some good winter running clothing and layer well. I have a couple Under Armor turtleneck tops that work great. I typically wear one of those under a lighter fleece layer (for more warmth) and then a wind-blocking jacket as the top layer.

I also remind myself of how good it feels to be outdoors in the fresh air. If I''m dressed properly, I do really enjoy running outside once I get warmed up. Good luck!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats everyone on the weight loss!
I went to the gym and weighed myself and Ive lost another one and a half pounds this week so Im down 9 and a half pounds in total since Monday the 8th of Jan. Only another 5 and a half until I get my facial!
I didnt do a great workout at the gym today. My arms and legs are very sore after the farm yesterday and so I rang around the track 3 times and then did 20 mins on the cross trainer and I just couldnt do anymore. Im going to get an early night tonight and hopefully go before college in the morning to try and get in my workout.

Thanks for that info Rod! Your exercise regime sounds great-I definitely want to keep it up when I lose my weight too. I think that if I dont it will go straight back on. Can I ask do you still diet much or do you eat what you want and just exercise lots?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from an hour on the elliptical for 638 cals. Whew! Had 1/2 box of potstickers for dinner but I''m only at 1090 cals for the day (which I can''t figure out because I''ve been very snacky, but it''s all on the spreadsheet) so I might have the other half of the potstickers for a grand total of 1330 for the day.

Gotta go finish the laundry and pack, and hopefully off to bed early!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DJ do you not like food very much? you are always so low on cals (9 potstickers for dinner?! that''s like a snack!!)...and here *I* am going ''hmmm what else can i eat?'' to make my cals, lol. i just flat out love eating.

for me lunch was tortilla soup then i had a bag of popcorn and a YUMMY fiber one chocolate and oats bar (my coworker loves them now too so we walked to the store and got new boxes, lol)...and then a 10 cal jello cup. when i got home i had a piece of 45 cal multigrain bread with a bit of spreadable smart balance on it (YUM my new fave quick treat)...and then i put the lasagna together and put it in the oven. yum! can''t wait for dinner.

oh and today at the store my coworker and i found these weight water ice cream desserts that we''d read about online, yum!! i got the cookies and cream ice cream bar (vanilla ice cream with cookies crumbled and packed onto the outside) which advertises a ''giant'' bar for 140 cals. woo hoo. all over it. there are like 4 other types and also breyers has a low sugar yummy looking rocky road bar with chocolate too so i might try that next. oh and i got sugar free hersheys syrup which is supposed to be quite good on ice cream and it''s only like 15 cals whereas the original is 100 for the same size serving (1 tablespoon). love yummies.

anyhow i am going to do another 10 min run in place kinda thing for today and then enjoy dinner! i feel a bit the same today but no worse so a huge positive. i feel better about just feeling ''okay''...better than being in pain for sure. anyhow..hope everyone has a fabulous night.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I made myself go to the gym tonight... it was a major effort... but I did my 40 minutes on the elliptical and then came home to make dinner and my stomach and abdomen got all crampy. M had to finish making dinner. I'm better now but burped a lot. Weird.

So I measured my waist and even though I gained a pound, I lost and inch and a quarter off my waist. That feels good!

ETA: Did a little googling and I think I've got a side-stitch due to bad breathing habits on the elliptical. When I use the one with the built in fan that doesn't happen. I need to learn to breathe a little more efficiently on that machine!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 9:17:10 PM
Author: Mara
lol DJ do you not like food very much? you are always so low on cals (9 potstickers for dinner?! that''s like a snack!!)...and here *I* am going ''hmmm what else can i eat?'' to make my cals, lol. i just flat out love eating.

If it makes you feel any better I went back for those extra 9 potstickers!
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m rejoining the WWT. I want to look really toned in my wedding dress.
2.gif

Breakfast today: Breakfast sandwich with 2 eggs, a little bit of cheese, and two slices wheat bread. Bowl of grapes. Latte made with 1% milk.

Lunch: Bowl of chicken noodle soup, plus another latte. (I very very rarely have more than one in a day, but I really wanted one.)

Dinner: Burrito. The guys in my office spent all day talking about this place a block away, and it made me really crave Mexican.

I also lifted weights and did abs in the gym, along with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes rowing. I went really hard and I''m tired now. I''ve noticed a lot of improvement with how much weight I can lift just in the last three weeks, which is really motivating!

Sweet Pea -- I run into one of your friends at the gym at least twice a week. It''s such a small world.
1.gif

I don''t have a tape measure, but here''s all of the information that I know:
height: 5 ft 10 3/4 in
weight: 159.5
pants size: 10
I was up to 167 after Christmas (I gained 7 pounds in 10 days
7.gif
) and I''m glad that I''ve already lost it.

CrownJewel, what do you wear when you run in the cold, and how cold is it? When I dress appropriately I''m comfortable running outside even here in Michigan. The only times I''ve really had problems are when doing sprints when I''m not used to running outside.

JadeLeaves, there are studies that show that fish oil helps with depression, so it''s very possible that it''s both the effect of the fish oil and your beautiful son. I wasn''t aware that 3x per day was the recommended dosage -- I''ve been taking it once, so I may start doing morning and evening.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I forget: WOO HOO DeeJay!! Great weight loss and you're really getting into a nice fitness rhythm! Keep up the great work!

Lorelei: Sorry you had a frustrating session, but thanks for telling us about it in such a humorous way!! Sorry about the cold temps too. Seems we're headed for a few days of REALLY cold weather in NC., by Friday ourselves.

Another hectic day in the office. My boss keeps giving me more and more responsibility and that tends to make my days pretty long. As has been typical lately, I didn't leave the office until after 6, but I headed directly to the gym and still did my usual 2.5 hour workout. Day two of three in a row done! I've made such progress over the last several months and tonight, I was surprised to find myself waiting for a few machines and I was actually invited by some of the "uber" boys to work in with them. Not that I need their approval, but it was nice that I was able to keep up with the weights they were using and that they actually noticed I breath the same air and occupy the same space they do. Tomorrow night it's back for day three, then we're off for our usual Sushi night Friday evening!!

So many new people doing good and healthy things on the weekly thread now. It's nice to have all the new members and I hope you stay around.

Take care everyone and here's to a healthy and fit Thursday.

PS: I must be needing extra fiber. I had a high fiber low fat cereal with fat free milk and berries for breakfast. Then for lunch I had a nice salad and a bowl of low fat vegetable soup. And for dinner I had another large salad with leftover chicken cup up and a fuji apple. Oh and I did have 3 squares of Lindt 70% pure Cacao dark chocolate. Yummmmmm
Plus, I'm with Mara here, I'm betting her stomach woes are not caused by high fiber in her diet.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited. I get to post my good work today.
I did an hour of high intensity step aerobics.

I ate about 25 Weight Watcher points!! Thanks for the motivation
36.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, everyone is doing great. I went to the gym last night, but just got home from a late meeting so won't go tonight. They had the new Girl Scout Cookies there, so I tried the new sugar free one this year - it is a brownie cookie (I ate just one). It is NOT low cal, and still has plenty of carbs, so still not a good choice for diabetics. Didn't even taste good. Don't recommend it!

Mara, where do you get those fiber bars you love? I totally agree with you that fiber problems would have acted up back when you were starting it - it may give gas and bloating in the begiinning until the body is used to the level of fiber, but absolutely does not give the pain you have described.

Has anyone tried the Jump Snap? What did you think of it? I was wondering if anyone had an opinion before I shell out $60 for it. I like the idea of it, as I have thought before I would like to jump rope but didn't want to break anything indoors. I wonder if there truly is a benefit using it versus just jumping in place? Any opinions?

ETA: I am also glad as Lorelei said that people are not completely excluding foods, but trying to do things in moderation (and not bashing for not being perfect!). If you deprive yourself too much for too long you will only end up unhappy and will eventually oversplurge on something and then feel guilty. This thread is great to see ideas and give a sense of accountability.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello all!

Had TJ''s seasoned mahi mahi tonight. 200 cal for the serve I had, and I pan fried using OO spray. Not bad, and served with lemon. Side was a salad of tomatoes, mozzarella balls, onion, mini bellpeppers and cucumbers. Yum!

No workout tonight...yesterday''s run absolutely killed my legs. Tomorrow will go the gym...yay....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DJ now that's what I wanna hear! you go girl...lol. i seriously wish sometimes i didn't love food as much as i do. i enjoy it WAY too much. haha.

lisa, i get the fiber one bars at safeway, i actually saw the all bran ones you were talking about today at safeway. they were 120 cals and 5g of fiber i think? these fiber one oats and chocolate ones are 140 cals and 9g of fiber. and seriously these are AWESOME. i want to keep eating them...haha. i think the chocolate is actually carob...it tastes a little different.

so i just had to check in to say that the lasagna tonite was DIVINE!! definitely my best one so far. i was very happy. variations this time were that i used the emerils spiced up tomato or whatever it's called jarred sauce; used a half and half mix of turkey and 8% lean ground beef; used shitake and baby bella sliced mushrooms; and that i used the dreamfields really thick curvy lasagna instead of the barilla no boil. i put in a little bit of water and i really didn't even need to so next time i won't. but it came out SUPER flavorful and the noodles were so much better because they were thicker so they really felt like part of the dish this time. greg's mom said she loved it and that it was 'different'...hahaa. i was just so happy that it came out awesome. i actually made a smaller portion but somehow it ended up being a fair amount still!! it turned out to be 6 portions at about 355 cals each.

so for anyone interested, here is the recipe for the modified version i made. it fits a 9x9 square deep glass baker perfectly.

'smaller' lasagna recipe
4oz lean ground turkey breast
4oz 8% fat lean ground beef
1.5 cups chopped shitake and baby bella mushrooms
emeril's kicked up tomato sauce: 1 jar
small hunts tomato sauce can
tablespoon garlic
tablespoon oregano
tablespoon parsley
teaspoon basil
1 cup low-fat part skim shredded mozzarella (plus 1/3 cup for top of lasagna at end of baking)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
2 1/4 cups low-fat cottage cheese
one egg white
dreamfields lasagna: 6 pieces, two layers of 3

2135 total calories
6 servings: 355 cals each

heat up garlic in spray of olive oil. add meats, saute til almost done, add tomato sauce, all spices, mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes. put into refridgerator container and refridgerate 24 hours. when ready to assemble, mix cottage cheese, parm and 1c mozz with 1 egg white. when assembling lasagna, use 9x9 deep dish glass pan and put thin later of meat on bottom, then one layer of 3 pastas, thin layer of meat, thin layer of cottage cheese mixture, 3 more pastas and then meat and cheese layer, ending with a thin layer of meat. bake at 360 for 50 minutes, put 1/3 cup of shredded mozz on top for last 10 minutes.

the lasagna was really filling. i had about 1.25 servings. of course i ended up having like 3 slices of bread with smart balance butter (saving grace is that 1 tablepsoon is only 45 cals, haha...) so that was super yummy. i'm such a bread whore. and then i had 1/2 a ww ice cream cookies and cream bar...it was pretty good. not SUPER duper tasty but hit the ice cream spot with a bit of chocolate, and for 70 cals not bad (i just had 1/2).

anyhow tomorrow morning we are having a mini breakfast at home (probably a fiber one bar and coffee for me) and then meeting up with greg for a late breakfast at this fave place of ours...french toast...yum!!!! not super healthy i'm sure, hahaha. but whatever! guests deserve splurges! hehe. we'll probably have the rest of chicken soup at home for a late lunch and then find a cool spot to take greg's mom for dinner. we have a ton of fave restaurants so we'll see what she wants to eat. i'm keeping fingers crossed for sushi at some point during the visit.

oh and i did my 10 minute jog in place thing tonite and felt really good!! so i'm hoping i'm continuing to be on the mend. i feel pretty good tonite too...keeping fingers crossed that things are going to continue to get more positive and soon i can go back to the gym..oh i can't wait. at least i'm able to get the heart rate up a bit so that my body remembers what it's like to work. hahaa.

anyway have a great night all!!! it is so good to see everyone, old and new, doing so fabulously! welcome back blen!! lorelei, sorry to hear about your icky session, hopefully tomorrow is better!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good Mara. Haven''t heard of those noodles before but I''ll check it out because I wasn''t a fan of the barilla no boil. I was going to try to do what another poster mentioned and do the boil lasagna noodles, but use it the no boil way.

BTW, thanks for the your opinion on the crockpot. I researched it a bit more and decided it isn''t for us at this time. Going to buy an electric kettle instead, since we drink so much tea!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG ...dreamfields is this pasta that alj turned me onto...she is a total pasta lover and she swears by it. they have less sugar and higher fiber than typical pasta but they are not whole wheat or anything different. so it tastes just like regular pasta...but it has more beneficial nutritional effects. they have a website as well with more information.

my local stores carry them intermittently so it's hit or miss if i find them...they come in all diff shapes/sizes of pasta, and i have penne typically in the pantry but recently i found the lasagna noodles at this one store, and i was so excited. they are not tehnically 'no boil' but they worked out fab (nejarb is the one who suggested we try regular pasta rather than no boil, i was a bit apprehensive but it came out GREAT)...and i am jazzed!! definite lasagna hit tonite. i didn't even need the little xtra water.

you can buy dreamfields online too...i have yet to see the elbow/macaroni in the stores so i might just buy it online so that we can use it next time we make mac and cheese! i love the idea of less sugar and higher fiber because for me typically pasta is just a high-cal not-nutritional kinda thing, but now it's actually good for me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee Rod! I didn''t workout again last night as it is too bl--dy cold still, but it was time I had a couple of days off! I am getting low on DVD''s to watch, I have almost finished The Klumps and Touched by an Angel and now I am considering my Dynasty series....
9.gif
Or Vegas Vacation.
16.gif

Da da da...da DA da da...... dee dee dee dee dee...... Thats just for you Rod and Ellen, it makes me shudder to think of how many folk on this thread might not remember Dynasty
32.gif
40.gif
7.gif

But I digress as usual!
37.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I did an hour on the cross trainer today and burned 600 calories. That''s the most I''ve EVER burned in a single workout session, so I''m tickled pink! I am starting to enjoy going to the gym now, and have high hopes that I will form a habit of exercising regularly this time.

We didn''t do boxing today because my gym is replacing all their machines and there wasn''t any space for us to box (my trainer gets me to box and then sprint to the far wall and back again, then box and sprint again, so we need space).

Tmr is a public holiday in Australia, and the gym will be shut, so I''ll go again on Sat for some cardio.

We went out for dinner tonite and I had a couple of pieces of calamari, and for my main I had a porterhouse with sauteed baby spinach and chargrilled peppers. I''m so proud of myself for going with the steak I picked rather than the other one with garlic mashed potatoes & creamy porcini mushroom sauce! That''s what I would have picked but I''m trying to cut down on the carbos I eat, plus I know the mashed potatoes are SO TASTY because they use full fat cream!
23.gif

I have noticed myself making better food choices, and so the occasional splurge (like icecream and hot chocolate on Wed) doesn''t really faze me. I''ve had to retrain myself to think that a little lapse is not the end of the world, and I can just get back on and eat healthily again. Just because I had that square of chocolate doesn''t mean I have to have to ENTIRE BAR.

Congrats on the weight loss DJ! Hope u have fun in vegas!

Quick question regarding the elliptical - for those of u who uses it a lot, do u use it in reverse mode and alternate? I find that whichever mode i start in first tends to be the mode I can stay in for longer, because if i reverse it my legs gets tired really quickly. Wonder why that is.

Why is it that the cross trainer burns more calories compared to walking really quickly on the treadmill and cycling really hard on the stationary bike? I used to just do cardio on the bike, but now I''m wondering if it''s even worth getting on the bike because the elliptical burns so much more calories for me!

TGal - congrats on your weight loss too! Sumbride, I think i''ll take inch loss over weight loss any day
2.gif
Congrats too!

Blenheim, I have read abt fish oil helping depression. I am convinced it did helped me, as I was a high risk candidate for post natal depression given that I have been clinically depressed for so many years, but I am still ok even on reduced meds. I have noticed it helping in other ways too, like my concentration and my hair is shinier! I''m sure button gets the benefits of me having fish oil too as he''s having breastmilk. My doctor said to take 3 capsules a day, and I tend to split it into 1 in the morning and 2 at night as I''m usually out during the day and always forget my pills.

Ok I''m off to bed! Gd nite!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 3:52:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hee hee Rod! I didn''t workout again last night as it is too bl--dy cold still, but it was time I had a couple of days off! I am getting low on DVD''s to watch, I have almost finished The Klumps and Touched by an Angel and now I am considering my Dynasty series....
9.gif
Or Vegas Vacation.
16.gif

Da da da...da DA da da...... dee dee dee dee dee...... Thats just for you Rod and Ellen, it makes me shudder to think of how many folk on this thread might not remember Dynasty
32.gif
40.gif
7.gif

But I digress as usual!
37.gif
Just WHAT are you saying??
11.gif

9.gif
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job with the calorie burn and food choices Jade - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As to the elliptical, I can''t do it in reverse to save my life,I go one way only
9.gif
But as DH is so fond of saying, I have no coordination whatsoever, so it is no surprise really....
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 7:34:31 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/25/2007 3:52:00 AM
Hee hee Rod! I didn't workout again last night as it is too bl--dy cold still, but it was time I had a couple of days off! I am getting low on DVD's to watch, I have almost finished The Klumps and Touched by an Angel and now I am considering my Dynasty series....
9.gif
Or Vegas Vacation.
16.gif

32.gif
40.gif
7.gif

But I digress as usual!
37.gif
Just WHAT are you saying??
11.gif

9.gif
25.gif

Nuffink, honest Miss!
31.gif
41.gif
You don't remember Blake, Krystal and Alexis then?
9.gif
Sammy Jo and Fallons mark one and two?
41.gif
Adam and Steven??
27.gif
Just remembered Dex Dexter - was that his name???
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 7:35:25 AM
Great job with the calorie burn and food choices Jade - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As to the elliptical, I can''t do it in reverse to save my life,I go one way only
9.gif
But as DH is so fond of saying, I have no coordination whatsoever, so it is no surprise really....
28.gif
Lorelei, do you really like the ellip, and does it take up much space?

And smack that hubby!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 7:36:13 AM

Nuffink, honest Miss!
31.gif
41.gif
You don''t remember Blake, Krystal and Alexis then?
9.gif
Sammy Jo and Fallons mark one and two?
41.gif
Adam and Steven??
27.gif
Just remembered Dex Dexter - was that his name???
34.gif
Sadly, I remember them all.
39.gif

That WAS a good show!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will smack him with pleasure!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

I have got to like the elliptical more than I did, especially now I am fitter, it isn''t as exhausting! It doesn''t have to take up much space as you can get ones which fold up which helps. I do like to alternate it with the treadmill which I prefer, I don''t find it as tiring!
25.gif

I used to look forward to Dynasty every Friday night, it was the highlight of my week!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results