shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd Jan till 28th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love garlic TG so i typically add it to almost everything, hahaa. i just use a garlic powder! greg likes salt on pizza but i am not really a fan. he also adds red pepper to all his pizzas!

so i just put together the lasagna sauce for tomorrow night. i used 1/2 beef, 1/2 turkey this time since i had leftover meat from the chili last week...and i used emeril''s kicked up tomato sauce since it''s what i had. it has like garlic and 3 types of pepper and i was like jeez is this going to burn off my tongue but it has just the right amount of kick. so i used 1/2 that and 1/2 regular tomato. and added a ton of garlic and spices. i am going to use dreamfield''s lasagna, it''s not no boil so i''m a little paranoid about using it in the lasagna we are going to feed greg''s mom so i might put a bit of water in tomorrow (i didn''t use water in the sauce tonite)...just to be sure!! also i had leftover baby bella mushrooms and shitake from the pasta sauce i made what...1.5 weeks ago and they were still good so i used those.

i''m also thinking about using fat free or low fat ricotta in place of cottage cheese or doing a mix but i also don''t want to be TOTALLY experimenting with it right now either, again because we''re feeding to his mom and i don''t think she''s ever had one of my home cooked meals before so i don''t want to scare her. haha. so i will probably just do the tried and true cottage cheese parm mozz mixture.''

has anyone tried the TJ''s banana bread...in the little brick shape? i got one today since it looked yummy and i figure it''s a quickie breakfast on the days we might be ''getting up and going'' while greg''s mom is visiting. it''s 180 cals for a pretty substantial slice, the whole bread is 6 servings rather than the 8 servings that a lot of their other same size breads have. looks yummy. mmmm.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never put salt on a pizza...but it was missing something. I am SO trying the garlic powder or garlic next time. I think it would have made that pizza absolutely perfect. Thanks for letting me on the secret!
36.gif

And yeah, I agree...stick to the cottage cheese mixture...it was really good and may have helped keep it all moist and yummy?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok today''s calorie count just went out the window because I went out to lunch, and succumbed to a chocolate icecream spectacular from this awesome chocolate cafe ''kokoblack'' AND a hot chocolate.

Not much exercise today except for some light housework.

Tmr is training day at the gym, and I''m planning to do at least an hour on the cross trainer and then 30 mins on the bike, plus weights. There''s a yoga class in the evening but I think I have to give that a miss as it''s my hubby''s best friend''s birthday dinner tmr nite.

TGal - I am still thinking about the reward for myself if i hit my goal weight. I dropped by Precious Metals today and have my eye on a few pieces of jewelry, so I think I''ll narrow it down abit and then get everyone''s opinions further down the track! Hope u get yours soon!

Katebar, calorieking is awesome, someone else put me onto it in an earlier WWT.

Speaking of crockpots, does anyone has more healthy crockpot recipes? I am finding my crockpot a lifesaver because I can just prepare everything when Button is down for his mid morning nap, and dinner is sorted for the day (or days!). So far I have tried Mara''s chilli, I have a chicken stew with potatoes and carrots in the crockpot today. You shld have seen me skinning the chicken this morning!
9.gif
I bought an organic free range chicken, and decided that the skin has to come off because crockpot cooking usually ends up being quite fatty if i leave the skin on.

Hope everyone is having fun working out and eating healthy!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi mara!

i lurk on all of the forums and post occasionally. i have noticed your ongoing health issue. i had some thoughts on what i thought might be the problem but felt i shouldn''t say anything. after a couple of other posters mentioned one of the things i was thinking i thought i might give my opinion.

i have had a fair amount of digestive problems over the years. i hear you on the pain, gas and bloating. when i have these issues i usually have to handle them by diet adjustments. if i were to eat the amounts of fiber you are eating i would be full of gas, bloated, having indigestion and stomach pain.

i googled fiber and gas and came up with some articles suggesting too much fiber can cause some to have excess gas and bloating. there were charts listing the foods that caused the problem. many of those foods are things you have mentioned you are using. i also love spices but they can send me into major problems if i am not very careful. i have noticed you like to liven up your recipes with spices. maybe all of these together with your heavy exercise program are stressing your body more than it likes. i hope you are better soon.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are feeling a bit better Mara
35.gif

Welcome Selkie
35.gif

Jade, that is great to know about the fish oil helping anxiety etc, I ALWAYS need help in that dept!
40.gif

Last night''s workout was a waste of time
7.gif
I went to our little gym and it was so cold, my DVD player kept jamming up, so I wasted half an hour swearing and trying to reset it, eventually I gave it up in disgust. It has snowed here and looks pretty though...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, how much snow did you get?

And, surely you burned something up with a half hour of swearing!
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee I probably DID burn up a few calories with my muttering, stomping and swearing, at least I HOPE I did! It was so d-mn annoying, every time I was getting going with my workout, the film would stop
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Blast and bah....
25.gif

We had a dusting of snow, but it has gone now and it is sunny and bright, we can get a bit of everything in one day here...
37.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 7:17:51 AM
Author: Lorelei

We had a dusting of snow, but it has gone now and it is sunny and bright, we can get a bit of everything in one day here...
37.gif
Same here. We have a saying, If you don''t like the weather, just hang around a half hour and it will change.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats the truth!
16.gif
It has gone from a winter wonderland this morning to a spring like lunchtime...
33.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I was pleasantly surprised on the scale this morning! I'm down 2.5 lbs from last Wednesday and down 8 total from when I started posting on Dec. 11th. Amazing how this whole diet/exercise things works, isn't it?
2.gif

I'm trying to plan ahead to make good choices for Vegas. In lieu of a big breakfast the happy hubby and I would both be happy with something fast and light so Starbucks seems like a good choice. There are four pastry choices betwen 290 and 330 cals, and if I get tea instead of coffee I save about 85 cals without the whole milk. I can do salads (dressing on the side of course) for lunch and then have a nice dinner. I keep going back and forth about working out. I would like to just becuase I'm so motivated right now but we only have 54 hours there--isn't there something else I should be doing in Las Vegas than riding the elliptical machine?!

Having whole wheat toast with fat free cream cheese for breakfast, TJ's chicken tikki masala for lunch, and TJ's shu mai potstickers for dinner. That's only 1110 cals so I have plenty left over for snacky things.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 9:34:57 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well I was pleasantly surprised on the scale this morning! I''m down 2.5 lbs from last Wednesday and down 8 total from when I started posting on Dec. 11th. Amazing how this whole diet/exercise things works, isn''t it?
2.gif

I''m trying to plan ahead to make good choices for Vegas. In lieu of a big breakfast the happy hubby and I would both be happy with something fast and light so Starbucks seems like a good choice. There are four pastry choices betwen 290 and 330 cals, and if I get tea instead of coffee I save about 85 cals without the whole milk. I can do salads (dressing on the side of course) for lunch and then have a nice dinner. I keep going back and forth about working out. I would like to just becuase I''m so motivated right now but we only have 54 hours there--isn''t there something else I should be doing in Las Vegas than riding the elliptical machine?!

Having whole wheat toast with fat free cream cheese for breakfast, TJ''s chicken tikki masala for lunch, and TJ''s shu mai potstickers for dinner. That''s only 1110 cals so I have plenty left over for snacky things.
WHOOP!!!!!!!!! WTG Dee!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Selkie''s here! Welcome Selkie!

Crown1, I was wondering the same thing about all the fiber Mara eats. I know I can''t eat that much fiber! While I do know that you have to work up to eating that much fiber, some people just can''t handle it. I''m one of them. I have the same problem with spices. I get teased a lot since I''m from Texas and can''t eat hot peppers or anything overly spicy, but I just say I''m "delicate". My body would go into a revolution too with all that.

After the conference this weekend, I''m up 1 pound. I was so exhausted yesterday I didn''t make it to the gym but I am feeling better now since I''ve had time to recover, and I''m back on track today. I ate right yesterday but got a nasty headache, probably withdrawal from all the coffee and treats at the conference. Must shake it off and get back on track.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
and way to go deeJay!!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
So far I did my pilates 20 min ab workout this morning and had hard boiled eggs for breakfast! I figure if I do just a short workout in the morning in addition to my 3 or 4 time weekly cardio at the gym I''ll be more motivated to eat properly. We''ll see how it goes!

I need to figure out a weight regimen for legs/butt and arms, but I haven''t gotten that far yet...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 9:34:57 AM
Well I was pleasantly surprised on the scale this morning! I''m down 2.5 lbs from last Wednesday and down 8 total from when I started posting on Dec. 11th. Amazing how this whole diet/exercise things works, isn''t it?
2.gif
Isn''t it amazing how actually exercising instead of just thinking about it sheds the pounds? Who knew?!
9.gif

Congrats girly!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei, Sum and Ellen!

You have NO IDEA how much the encouragement from this board means to me. I did Weight Watchers about a year and a half ago with one of my clients and it was OK (but ONLY OK). This is so much better for me. Being accountable every day and getting so much good information and support makes this something I actually look forward to (instead of dreading my 5 seconds on the scale every Wednesday night like I did with WW... ).

MARA - what are the garlic rosemary fries you mentioned earlier? Are they from TJs?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 10:41:35 AM
Thanks Lorelei, Sum and Ellen!

You have NO IDEA how much the encouragement from this board means to me. I did Weight Watchers about a year and a half ago with one of my clients and it was OK (but ONLY OK). This is so much better for me. Being accountable every day and getting so much good information and support makes this something I actually look forward to (instead of dreading my 5 seconds on the scale every Wednesday night like I did with WW... ).

MARA - what are the garlic rosemary fries you mentioned earlier? Are they from TJs?

I am so glad you are finding the threads helpful! I guess it works so well as we all have our own ways of doing things rather than the ' thou shalt' and thou shalt not' of slimming clubs. I think they are a good thing, but didn't work for me personally. I think too that us WWTers do enjoy life and food, but accept the fact that yes - Ellen is right - exercise makes such a difference, so you can have your cake and eat it, but need to put some work in with cardio to be able to keep the metabolism up so we can do this occasionally!

I love too that no one bashes anyone here for having a burger occasionally, we really are all about enjoying life, but putting the effort into working out and making healthy choices where we can. I think our group is unique and I am proud to play a part in it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Amber: Great job on the weight loss.

Mara: Glad there''s an exercise that you found made you feel productive and a bit better. Hope this morning is an improvement, stomach wise, and that you keep heading in the same direction, towards healing.

Lorelei: I am so sorry that you had such a frustrating work out!

DeeJay: More weight loss, way to go! Just a suggestion, when we travel I love being able to splurge a bit at dinner (breakfast and lunch are sustanence, dinner should always be enjoyable in my mind. Probably because it''s the winding down of the the day and it''s when John and I just sit and visit). So when we travel we usually only eat 2 meals, breakfast and dinner, with healthy snacks (an apple, etc.) if I get hungry. I have managed to not gain weight when we travel going this route. I''ll eat a larger bowl of oatmeal or burmuseli (sp? I know that''s not right!) than usual for breakfast w/ some toast and then I have a bit more freedom for dinner.

We went to the play last night and had dinner at the most amazing Mexican bistro beforehand, it''s more modern Mexican, with a twist. They had smaller plates, which thrilled me and I had two tacos, one adobo pork and one vegetarian w/ poblano chiles, onions, cabbage, and some pinto beans. Oh my goodness, I can''t recall the last time I had such great Mexican food. The poblano chile taco had just the right amount of spice (the chiles) and sweet (the onions). It was probably the best taco I''ve ever had. I want to figure out how to make them!! I was in absolute heaven. We split dessert and I still managed to eat about 1700 calories yesterday, not too shabby!

Today is an exercise day. And no more eating out! I''ve done really well with food but two days in a row is plenty. I''m looking forward to a low fat home cooked meal tonight. If I had remembered we had play tickets I wouldn''t have suggested going out on Monday.

Have a great work out day everyone!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone...

Thanks Rod and Mara for the song suggestions from last week. I can''t believe we''re halfway through the week already. I''ve been pretty busy at work and having a hard time keeping up with everyone''s posts.

It''s so cold here that I''ve moved my running indoors to the treadmill. I typically run 6 miles outside with my friends, but I stopped at 5 last night because I was bored and annoyed with the crowd at the gym. Tried to get my weight training in too and I had to wait for everything I wanted to do. I''m hoping to make up tonight what I didn''t get to last night.

TG and nejarb- I ran one marathon (chicago) back in 2002 also. I can hardly believe that I used to think 12 miles was a "short run" when I struggle with 4-5 now and can''t wait for it to be over from the minute I start!!

Mara -- hope you feel better soon. I''ve been injured many, many times and it is so frustrating to not be able to workout how/when you want to.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i appreciate all the concern about the fiber but really, i seriously doubt it's that. i also have done my own research on fiber as well as my symptoms and not only have i been eating more fiber for quite some time now, drinking more fluids, but i also don't have any problems with acutal digestion or elimination (TMI!), which would be a big red flag if that wasn't the case. and yes fiber does cause gas which is something i have been experiencing since i started eating more, i did read about this and there is really no way around it, it's the way your body processes the fiber. which is fine. what i have now i really believe is unrelated, esp as i have cut back on the fiber in the last 3-4 weeks...so that doesn't make sense for me to develop some issue right as i eat less if it's really causing it.

as for spicy foods, i really do not eat spicy foods. yes i love using 'spices', but throwing a vat of parsley or oregano or garlic in is not the same as pouring a cup of hot sauce into a recipe. i actually am the biggest wuss about SPICY foods actually and i always ask for everything to be 'mild' even at indian or thai places.

i have thought about these things and it's just flat out not normal to feel how i am and blame it all on eating more fiber. i would honestly imagine that i'd have had this issues 2-3 months ago when i started, not months later when my body is already adjusted. in any case i'm sure my higher fiber diet doesn't really HELP the fact that i have other gas from whatever is going on, but that's a side effect ijust have to deal with. i also know that this gas i am experiencing is not what it felt like to have fiber gas digestion going on before. these are different. but yeah it is an odd ailment so there seem to be tons of ways it could 'go'...

in any case, i feel hopeful today because last nite i felt a little better than previous nights (when it seemed worse at night) and i only had minimal esophagus and stomach pain.....so maybe the prilosec is slowly starting to work. or maybe it's just getting better. who knows. but i am jazzed, because i have NO after effects from my little 15 min workout at home and that is a big deal since in the past i typically would hurt for about 24 hours after attempting to exercise. so yay. means i can do a few more of those, burning about 100 cals in 15 minutes a few times a week til i am well enough to hit the gym again! some activity is better than NONE.
2.gif
even mentally i think it just helps to know i can get up and hop around the room for 15 minutes and feel okay. it sucks to feel like you are some old woman huddled on the couch when you know that's not the case. ding ding body!!

anyhow, breakfast was a mixture of fiber one honey, bunches of oats and this pumpkin granola cereal that is really yummy. snack will just be a 90 cal granola bar since today is sushi for lunch, which i am excited about but don't want to go all crazy...since yes trying to be good til greg's mom comes ! hehee. the turkey lasagna will be cooked tonite for us and we'll eat it with salads and bread. yum! then tomorrow we'll kind of be out and about doing fun touristy local things.

DJ i was going to say, if you guys get over to the mirage, and want breakfast try their fresh homemade granola and yogurt in their 24 hour cafe. SO GOOD. i wanted to package it up and bring it home, seriously. it's REALLY yummy and the yogurt is plain but the granola makes it taste so yummy. i honestly was like okay where can i buy this. so sad that no place around here has rivaled that bowl of granola and yogurt. OH and bring some luna bars with you. honestly that is the perfect breakfast when you are traveling. 180 cals, lots of vitamins for women, and keeps you away from starbucks (seriously those pastries are useless in terms of nutrition for your body). i typically ate one for breakfast when in vegas along with coffee, had an apple for lunch (they sell those at starbucks there!) and then we'd have a big yummy dinner.

oh and on the vegas gym front, i honestly welcomed the break from smoky 'vegas' to go hit the gym for an hour and do something positive for my body...are you having spa treatments? i did my hour workout right before my massage and body scrub. so it worked out perfectly...!! i spent all afternoon at the gym/spa area one day, hehee. so you never know, you may feel the urge. i'd bring your workout stuff just in case!

Everyone is doing fabulously, woo hoo!! Our group is seriously strong.

DJ...the fries, they are called Alexia and you can probably get them at your local supermarket in the frozen organic section...OR at whole foods which is where i get them. i don't think that TJ's has them. there are a bunch of types...i think the ones i had last nite were garlic parmesan actually and then there is rosemary olive oil and then they have regular ones that are just sea salted. you bake up the fries in the oven and they are sooo good. the ones i had last nite are called Alexia Oven Reds (then it has the flavor listed underneath that). You can find their website online too, I have surfed it before...to see pictures of all their products. Each bag of fries is about 5 servings and each serving is something like 120 cals (check the bag because some are more). So typically Greg and I will split a bag into 4 servings and eat it with chicken and veggies or something...but if we are feeling really carby we'll make the whole bag and split it so it's like he gets 3 servings and I get 2. One serving is about 8 fries. Last nite I had about 2 servings along with my bowl of soup and it make me REALLY full. So they are totally worth it.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I do not have too much time to write, but I do want to say thank you to Amber, nejarb and Rod (and anyone else I may have missed) for your advice about the sports bras and protein.

I will write more later when time permits. Also glad you all got a kick out of that msnbc article. It tickled me all day!

Mer

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, since you have added so much fiber to your diet, hopefully you haven''t developed a wheat allergy. It could cause lots of abdominal discomfort.....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add my weigh in stuff.

Week 3 Week 4
Height: 5''5" Height: 5''5"
Weight: 135.4 Weight: 134.8
Bust: 34 Bust: 31"
Waist: 28" Waist: 27.5"
Lower Waist: 33" Lower Waist: 33.5"
Bicep: 12" Bicep: 12"
Hips: 38” Hips: 38.5”
Thigh: 22" Thigh: 21.5"

So I''ve lost and gained inches, so it''s kind of a wash in that department.(I REALLY need to go buy a tape measure, there''s no way I went from a 34" bust to a 31 inch bust in a week, but I measured it 4 flippin'' times!).

Overall I have lost 3.2 lbs since I started recording calories and kicked up the exercise a notch. My week 1 weight was 138 lbs. I keep being frustrated by the scale, but I losing, on average, .8 lbs a week, which is pretty decent weight loss as I wasn''t overweight to begin with, just looking to drop a few lbs. and get a bit more healthy.

When I lost weight the first time I dropped a large amount of lbs. each week (I started off losing between 6 and 7 lbs. a week for 5 weeks straight and then dropped down to about 3 lbs. a week on average). I need to rewire my brain to remember it''s not the same when you weigh 138 as it was when I weighed 200 lbs.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a successful weigh in day, if you''re participating in that. And if you''re not, just have a great day!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Mara ~ glad you were able to get a little exercise in! Hope you continue to feel better!

DJ ~ congrats on the weight loss! Maybe in Vegas you guys can just plan to walk a lot to get some exercise in? Have a good time!

Yesterday''s workout was a 30-min step class, 30-min on the Cybex (estimated 300 calories burned ~ wish I knew how accurate that is b/c that''s really good for me!), and a 30-min upper body strengthening class. I''ve ramped up my exercises a bit, and my body is responding pretty well. I''ve often been using two risers in my step classes lately, and in the strengthening class last night I mostly used 8-10 lb dumbbells (by the end of class my arms felt like jello, but honestly I''m not overly sore today ~ just a little sore in the "good" way that makes you know you''ve done work). My arms and shoulders are getting really toned, and I''m loving it (I just keep thinking of that strapless wedding dress in May ~ such motivation!). I did get a little bored on the Cybex yesterday and thought about quitting at the 20-min mark, but then I thought that it was ONLY 10 more minutes ... so I pushed through by fast-forwarding to some faster paced mp3s.

Food yesterday and today are my normal healthy-ish fare. Exericse today will be a 45-minute step class followed by whatever I''m in the mood for. We''ll see ...

I weighed myself yesterday ~ 113.6 lbs, so I''m still maintaining which is good! I think I''ll remeasure myself for next Wednesday''s post.

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Time for the weigh in...
START Week 2
1/17/2007 1/24/2007
Height 5''2" 5''2"
Weight 161 160.2
Bust 36.5 36.5
Waist 32 30.5
Low Waist 37 37
Hips 44 43.5
Thigh - R 27.5 25.75
Thigh - L 27 26.75
Arm - R 12 12
Arm - L 12.5 12.5
Calves 16 15
Size 12 or 14 Same
Body Fat % 34.8 34.3

I decided I''m going to put my starting stats and my current week stats each week - that way I can see progress from when I started being healthy to today. I literally started working out the day of the weigh in last week... and, in 1 week, I can already see so much progress! I''ve only lost .8 pounds, but my body tends to take a while to register weight loss. I see firming pretty quickly, and from the measurements, I can definitely see progress. The biggest change is the waist and my right thigh... wierd. I''m measuring the smallest part of my waist for the waist measurement and the biggest spot I can find for my thigh. So odd that one thigh is bigger than the other.

I got in a good workout last night - at least for me. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and ran for about 8 minutes interspersed with a fast walk and burned about 200 calories. Then, I hopped on the eliptical for a quick 5 minutes to burn another 50 calories. Had sushi last night for dinner - YUM! And, then I went to my pilates class this morning at 6am! It''s the only day of the week when they have pilates in the morning, and I have found that I LOVE pilates! It just works for me, so I''m definitely gonna keep that up and maybe try to sign up for a pilates class at a local community college or something.

So, a question - how in the WORLD do some of you burn 500-800 calories in one workout???? Is it just because you''ve been working out so long that you can push your body that hard? I though I was gonna pass out last night after my 30 mins on the treadmill and running for 8 total minutes out of 30. And, I only burned 200 calories there... It would take at least an hour and a half in order to have such a high calorie burn... I''d love to hear how ya''ll burn 500+ calories in one workout!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Becky, I can do 300 cals thereabouts on the treadmill at a fast walk ( 5.5mph) at a 15% incline for 30 mins, then I average about 450 on my elliptical for another 30 mins. Bear in mind, mine are home machines, - good models - but the calorie count may not be as accurate as pro gym equipment. However I really don''t mind as I am still getting great results and must be burning around that amount of calories anyway.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
week 3
height 5''8"
weight 147.5
bust 37"
waist 28"
hips 38.5"
thighs 22.5"
arms 10.25"

week 4
weight 146.75
bust 36"
waist 28"
hips 38"
thighs 22.5"
arms 10.5"

well, i''m not really loosing that much weight, but whatever. i feel good. i think i''m going to cut out my nightly glass of vino and see if that helps
8.gif

i don''t even really know how much i want to weigh. i just want to look better & be healthier. i''m guessing around 140. at this rate of only 1/2 lb a week, it''ll take at least 3 months. but actually i started college at about 155 and at some point my freshman yr i started exercising and then i got serious about it my soph year, and started eating better, and it really took 3 years to gradually loose 15-18 lbs (but i put back 10 in law school). so maybe it''ll be that sort of thing again? no! okay, i''m setting goal for next wed: 145!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Becky,

I burn about 550 calories an hour on my elliptical. I''ve never burned more than 650 calories during an elliptical work out. I average about 50 RPMs and I just push through until I''ve hit my goal for the day/week.

Great job on the weight loss!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
becky, an hour on the elliptical (even lowest level) moving fairly quickly (not racing speed or anything) burns about 600 cals for me. i find the elliptical is the most ''effective'' use of my gym time in terms of burning calories but not really feeling like i am overexterting myself. the bike is so boring and burns hardly anything. walking flat on the treadmill burns hardly anything, you have to bump it up to an incline of like 7 to see a lot of calories. i used to do 30 minutes on the treadmill at incline of like 9 average and then 30 minutes on the elliptical for 700ish calorie burn.

but really even if you are doing 300-450 that is still good for a workout. you may not be able to do it right away but just keep working at it. even burning 200 4x a week is better than nothing. some of the gals on sparkpeople burn like 1000 cals in a workout!! it''s crazy. i think everyone has to find their own balance of what feels good and works for them.

everyone''s weight and inches look awesome...!! nice changes. mine are pretty much the same as last time ... with some tiny changes.. not surprising to see a bit of upper movement on lower waist and waist due to the slight bloat from my abdominal issues. but its'' WAY better than it was before...i looked 3 mos preggo!

height: 5''7"
weight: ? but last weigh in on friday was 134
bust: forgot to measure...but i figure it hasn''t changed since last week since my bra still fits the same lol
waist: 27.25
lower waist: 33.5
hips: 37
arm: 9.75
thigh: 20

funny because even though i am SURE my butt looks bigger due to inactivity....the measurements are still the same at 37. kinda funny how our visuals can skew probably based on our mental state!!

nejarb in terms of changes just be patient. i honestly don''t think that dropping 100 cals of wine from your diet is going to suddenly start showing you changes. just be patient, keep doing what you are doing, remember it took me something like a month+ to see ANY changes in my body.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
You people are GOOD about sticking to your workout and diet regimens. Sadly, I''m not all that great and just starting to get back on track again.

I was wondering though (and I may have asked this already, I don''t remember), for those of you who have cut out the junk food from your diet for a while, do you find that you get really bad stomach pains when you do eat it? i ask because I''ve cut out a lot of junk out of my diet, even when I wasn''t able to work out regularly for the past few months; i.e. nothing containing partially hydrogenated oils, not too much fatty stuff, etc. Well, the past two weeks, I''ve given into splurges and one day, I had a Hostess cupcake and a Pepperidge Farm Big Chunk cookie. Two hours later, I was dying in the bathroom. Yesterday, I had a soft serve ice cream cone (about 200 cals) and yet again, I was dying in the bathroom. Just wanted to know if this has happened with other people or whether I have a super sensitive stomach. And sorry about the possible TMI.

So are we doing weekly weigh-ins now? Oh boy, that''s really going to make me account for myself when other people have the chance to read about my progress. It''s scary. I suppose i should take measurements and stuff.

Mara, hope you feel better real soon.
DJ, congrats on the weight loss!
Lorelei, I''ve had days at the gym where I''m fiddling with my iPod and totally missed on my workout, so eh, chalk it up to a bad day. You''ve been doing so well anyway.
KimberlyH, yay on the lost inches! (Except on the bust, sucks how that ALWAYS goes the fastest. I went from a C cup to less than an A after one month of swimming. Sadly, I haven''t gained it back where I want it.)

As for the TJ''s pizza, I love the cornmeal crust, but I never buy it because I wind up eating the entire thing by myself. I usually get the greek one with olives and spinach. Soooo goooood......my new TJ pizza fave is the Margharita (sp?) pizza. It''s just mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. So good, and a little over 500 cals per pizza, so it''s not too bad if I watch my snacking throughout the day.

Yesterday, I did a 40 minute cardio DVD, which incorporated 10 minutes of cardio strength training into the workout. For those of you interested, I think it''s a great workout for home, my inner thighs are SORE. It''s Self''s Slim and Sleek Fast. I also did a 40 minute Pilates Yoga blend DVD, and that has a good amount of ab work. I have no idea how many cals I burned, but hopefully, it did do something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results