shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd Jan till 28th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I am sending out positive vibes that you feel better soon, this must be such a bloody pain for you. Great job Lisa chiming in to offer advice
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I wish there was something I could do to help...
8.gif
8.gif

Welcome Lindsey
35.gif

Yes it was tragic about that little boy who was killed with the falling wall in the high winds, we were so lucky we didn''t have any damage or anything, as where we live it is very exposed and bleak.

This morning there were a few pitiful flakes of snow on top of the car, not enough to even make things look pretty
25.gif

I had a great workout last night, an hour cardio and I was able to really push on the elliptical and I did some dumbells and leg extensions, so pleased with myself!
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, so sorry to hear that the doctor wasn''t too helpful. Hopefully, the test results will come back quickly and you will be able to figure out how to stop these pains. Stomach pains are the worst.

Today, I think I did okay in terms of food and exercising. I ran errands for a couple of hours early in the day, so I think I burned a few calories then. But then, I was weak, and I ate one Twix bar. Just one. Threw the other one away after I realized It didn''t taste as good as I thought it would.

I had some frosted wheats for breakfast, three mini apples as snacks; for lunch, I had a Korean version of sushi, but everything''s cooked and tastes nothing like Japanese sushi (even the cooked ones). For dinner, I had two Korean short ribs, some kimchee, and seaweed salad with rice. So the bad things today would be the short ribs and the Twix, but the short ribs were soooooo good.

On the workout front, I did 20 minutes worth of jump rope, an hour of yoga. The yoga was intense enough where I think my arms are going to be kiling me tomorrow, and I worked up a really good sweat.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara - how are you feeling today? I hope you are feeling a bit better
35.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Goodmorning everyone!!!

First off... Mara.. I''m sorry you are going through that... I was diagnosed with IBS 4 years ago.. and the doc. prescribed Belladonna (generic for phenobarbetol) and I have to tell you... it worked wonders... I only took it when I had SEVERE episodes.. but as the medicine took effect.. It was like I could almost feel the knots being untied in my stomach. I havent taken medication for it in about three years (so.. doing the math, I really only took it for a year) and I dont suffer much from the IBS episodes like I used to. I think a lot of it has to do with stress.. I was a double-full time student (meaning 21 credits/semester) at the time.. and my stress level was OBSCENE!!! Now that I am out of school and working.. I think the stress levels have decreased tremendously. That being said.. everyone is different.. and I really hope that you find a doctor who can narrow down exactly what it is you are suffering from. I''m not usually one to advocate using any type of medication (I dont really like taking meds), but with my experience with the medication I took for my IBS... I would highly recommend it, if the doctor suggests it to you!!

Progress report so far... Last night after work, I did a one hour total body sculpting class and a one hour spin class. I dont really know how many calories are burned, but in Weight Watchers terms (which I follow religiously) I earned 16 fitness points. wooohoo...

My food for the day went a little somethin like this:
Breakfast: Weight Watchers bagel with 1T reduced fat peanut butter
Lunch: 1cup of red beans and rice (only 190 calories, with 4 grams of fiber), with 1 cup tomato/onion/vinegar slaw
Snack: Weight Watchers rice sticks snack (here in Turks and Caicos, the grocery store carries Weight Watchers snacks and foods that are sold in the UK.. they are yummy yummy)
Dinner: Way too tired after the gym to cook and not all that hungry, so I had a big bowl of the Kashi Organic Promise Cinnamon Shredded Wheat. Wow.. YUM

So.. a healthy day food wise.. but not entirely fulfilling. I''m really only fulfilled food-wise when I make a great healthy dinner.

Not sure who else on here follows weight watchers.. but yesterday.. out of 22 pts... I only used 16 food pts. which means that I had 6 food pts left over and earned another 16 fitness pts. I think thats pretty good!

Good luck to everyone today!!! Cant wait to see how everyone is doing!
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions--I really appreciate the support that I get on this board!

I think I will have sushi for lunch today (two rolls plus some edamame for 900 cals!!!) but I just had fiber one w/ skim for breakfast (210 cals) and I''ll have soup for dinner (200 cals), so even with another 100 cals of snacks I''m at 1410, which seams like a reasonable number. Plus I plan on doing a bike/treadmill work out tonight which I think will burn 400 cals or so.

Last night on the eliptical I was beside a guy that I see at the gym all the time and we started talking. Even an hour into it on level 6 with the incline at 7 and 140 steps/min I could still carry on a conversation without feeling too winded and my heart rate was in the high 130s. I didn''t want to overdo it last night since I was sick on Sunday, but I think it might be time to step it up a bit.

Mara, how are you feeling today?

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
dejay, that''s funny what you said about only putting 1 tsp instead of a tbsp of margerine on your toast. i used to assume that whatever the serving size was, i was exceeding it--but since i started looking at serving sizes and calories more, i''ve found that it goes both ways. like with butter, jam, peanut butter, etc, it always says 1 tbsp, but one rarely uses that much of those items.

1200 calories is definately not enough if you are active! yesterday morning i only had a small bowel of cereal for breakfast (and a small dinner the previous night), and when i was on the elliptical i felt fatigued after just 30 min. also, if you''re burning 3500 cal a week, you''re going to lose 1 lb a week even if you don''t reduce your calorie intake at all. or at least that''s what i thought...i''ve been doing it for 2 weeks and i''ve only lost .5 lb. i''m sure i haven''t increased my calories. i think i''ve decreased slightly...then again it''s ttotm, so maybe by this weekend the scale will move more.

well, it''s back to the gym this morning after i download some new songs and do my morning stretches while i look at a paper. that''s my cat''s favorite time of teh day. she gets down on the floor and stretches with me and tries to eat my newspaper when i''m not looking.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I am mostly a lurker, but I find this thread really helpful and will post some questions about protein powder in a little while,

But, I want to provide some information on IBS. I had these horrible stomach pains no matter what I ate and no matter what I did. The pains were everyday and unfortunately really reared their ugly head on our 1 year anniversary at the end of November!
So I went to the doctor that day because I was nautious and in pain and the gastroenteroligist (sp?) sent me for an upper endoscopy and all was fine, BUT they told me to lay off the coffee, chocolate and fat. But especially coffee - I really don''t eat too much fat or chocolate. I used to drink at least 3 cups a day in college, but now that I am working, I only have one cup in the morning. Anyway, I quit diet coke about 4 months ago - before the pain started, and now I have been off coffee for about 1 month, and you know what, no pain! It is amazing! No bloat, I lost 6 pounds and working out (cardio) is easier
1.gif
!

The reason why this helps is that coffee is so acidic, I think it "burns" your stomach - if that makes sense?

HTH

Mer

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mara, I am very sorry for your ongoing pain/symptoms.

I have been off my usual 5 day/week exercise schedule and have not been to swim/gym in a couple of weeks! Life gets in the way sometimes, but am back on "track" today!

Here''s to a good day everyone.

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the WWT MerryJoy
35.gif

Great job getting back with it Sharon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...so i just took a prilosec according to the directions so we''ll see if it does anything. lisa it says to take 1 a day for 14 days, is that what i follow? and this may seem like a funny Q but what if it DOES work...it says not to take it longer than 14 days. is the idea that after 14 days the flare up is gone and you don''t have to take anything anymore or ?

anyway each day i feel a BIT better regardless of these medicines i am experimenting with now...my body seems to really appreciate the inactivity i have been giving it (slacker body!)...but at night i am still really tired and my esophagus area was killing me last nite. but at night i sleep like i''m dead. so who knows..maybe this has been harder on me mentally than i really know and maybe physically too with trying to heal.

in any case, this morning i mixed up fiber one honey clusters, honey bunches of oats and this new pumpkin granola cereal i got for a cocktail and it was YUM! and lots of fiber too. just in case it is IBS...figure a little more fiber can''t hurt! even though i already eat like a trough of it. my fave part of the useless appt yesterday was when she was telling me to eat more fiber and i was like you do not realize how much fiber i already eat on a daily basis. so then like 5 minutes later she''s talking and she goes ''yeah so switch to a high fiber diet''...so what was i saying about some doctors just not listening? ya think? haha.

i only have one less than 8oz cup of coffee in the morning (which i typically don''t even finish) and while i know it''s acidic...i don''t think that it''s enough to continue causing the symptoms i''m feeling. honestly this is why i am soo not convinced i have IBS. it''s hugely about your diet. when i had it before, i had a horrible diet, i was in college and ate crap and fat and trash all the time. when i changed my eating habits, things really cleared up. but all the stuff it says to do now, i already do! the only thing is my morning coffee and yeah i just can''t cut that out. but high fiber, drink more water, not spicy foods, nothing really acidic, blah blah. already doing it on a daily basis. so anyway. last nite i took the gasX and drank the peppermint tea and quite honestly could not say i felt any better or different. sooo...we''ll see what the prilosec does!

nejarb, re: the weight loss....your body might start converting fat to muscle if you don''t have that much weight to lose, that is what was happening with me and that is why i saw no movement on the scale for a while. then finally after a while, the weight started coming off in small chunks. i only registered something like 5 scale moves from 150 to 134. i think it went...150 to 148/147; 147 to 144; 144 to 140; 140 to 137; and then 137 to 135/134.

i posted the chicken crockpot soup recipe on the recipe thread...hope someone tries it cuz its YUM. have a great day everyone!! and thanks for asking about me, positive thoughts are appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
34.gif
Mara, I was just wondering if perhaps easing back on the fibre might help? Wondering if your tum might be having a job digesting some of it and cutting back as to see what happens might be worth it....

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara ~

I''m so sorry your doctor''s appointment didn''t go very well. I completely understand what you mean when you say it seems like the dr. just wasn''t listening. I hope the medicines you take start helping. A few years ago I had random stomach pains, but nothing as bad as what you seem to have. What ended up making me go the dr. was that I started having some spasms where my esophagus meets my stomach (in that area just below the breastbone). While I wasn''t in extreme pain, those spasms were just weird to deal with and even weirder when they got so strong that you could see it from the skin surface (many Alien jokes were made :) The doctor thought that I might have a case of reflux ~ even though I didn''t have the classic painful heartburn symptoms. She thought that maybe the acid in my stomach was coming up just a bit into my esophagus, but staying in the lower part and causing the spinchter muscle there to spasm sometimes.
A couple of days on Prilosec completely cleared my problem, and I''ve only had a couple of instances since when the spasming returned (and a couple of doses of Prilosec again clears it up). I have noticed that acidic and super-spicy foods do make my problem a bit worse.

Any way, I just wanted to share my story as you were saying your esophagus was hurting last night. Hope you start feeling better very soon!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 11:34:26 AM
Author: Lorelei
34.gif
Mara, I was just wondering if perhaps easing back on the fibre might help? Wondering if your tum might be having a job digesting some of it and cutting back as to see what happens might be worth it....
I was telling my husband about your stomach problems and bad experience w/ the MD last night and he suggested the same thing. He said sometimes too much fiber can cause you to have issues and that perhaps easing up a bit on it might help.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone. i did randomly recall last nite that a few years ago i had this weird short-term thing with what the DR possibly termed acid reflux...but i do recall taking the over the counter anti-acids didn't really work super well for me. but then it just poof went away. it was only a few weeks maybe like 3-4 years ago. i vaguely recall the experience only because we were going out to dinner and i wasn't feeling well so we stopped to get some pills. sometimes your body does really random things i guess and then fixes itself.

case in point...about 5 years ago...i had this weird period of a few months where i experienced nausea for DAYS on end. literally i'd start feeling nauseated to where just sitting up or moving around or driving in the car would make me feel like i was going to throw up. NEVER actually threw up. but that feeling was the nastiest! this feeling would last for about 2 days on average. then it would just poof be gone. i went to the doctor several times, they did a bunch of tests and an ultrasound to see if they could see anything or anything was unusual. nothing was wrong. finally the doctor just prescribed me anti-nausea medicine and said to take it when i felt sick. i did this 2-3 times and then suddenly the whole thing was just gone. and it hasn't come back (knock on wood). they never figured out what was wrong. that always kind of creeped me out because it just shows how random our bodies can be from time to time. something's wrong, no one knows what it is, treat symptoms then it's better. strange stuff. greg is always like 'why is your body so prone to issues'...i was like 'HEY!!'

anyway, re: the fiber...i actually HAVE cut it back a fair amount in the last 3-4 weeks...because i didn't want to be eating too much of it than my body can handle. so whereas lets say before i was having like 35g a day, maybe now i am having more like 25g. so i'm still having a fair amount but not as much as i WAS eating. plus in terms of digestion and all that...my bathroom habits are the same (TMI i know!) as they have always been (which is another reason why i question the IBS diagnosis since typically you have a change there) so it's not like i am having problems in that arena.

strange stuff for sure. i am hoping between the prilosec and gasX and just another week of healing down-time that it will somehow magically work itself out. or not..and we'll see i guess. but i do feel better bit by bit, day by day, so i keep hoping that maybe this is one of those weird random body things where one day it'll just be better!! definitely has happened before.
3.gif
on a plus note, bloating today seems almost gone, so yay! turtledazzle, i'm happy to hear that prilosec helped you feel better, keeping my fingers crossed it does the same for me!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

I hear what you are saying about only one cup a day and you don''t finish it.
I did the same and I have been eating extremely healthy since about 1999. Running at least 20 miles a week.
But as you get older, your body changes and there are certain things it can''t handle anymore.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 12:55:15 PM
Author: Mara
thanks everyone. i did randomly recall last nite that a few years ago i had this weird short-term thing with what the DR possibly termed acid reflux...but i do recall taking the over the counter anti-acids didn''t really work super well for me. but then it just poof went away. it was only a few weeks maybe like 3-4 years ago. i vaguely recall the experience only because we were going out to dinner and i wasn''t feeling well so we stopped to get some pills. sometimes your body does really random things i guess and then fixes itself.
With my problem, the antacids didn''t help either. I had to take a proton-pump inhibitor to get relief. Now that I''m thinking about it more, I did take Prilosec for a while but them my dr. gave me a prescription for Nexium (the "purple pill"). I think the Nexium worked better/faster, but cannot recall for certain (haven''t had to take anything in quite a while). Both of them are proton-pump inhibitors, but I think Nexium is still prescription-only. I certainly hope the Prilosec works for you as well! I know how frustrated you''ve been lately.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about all this Mara...sounds frustrating.
8.gif

Jaders, sounds like you had a great workout/eating day. I know you are going to be fab in that wedding dress! Keep on striving!

I finally feel good...the cold has been kicked to the curb. Whoo hoo! Managed to make it to gyro yesterday and hope to get something cardio in today. I have been pretty well immobile since Thursday and it was nice seeing sun yesterday.

Today''s breakfast is the greek total 2% yogurt...has 17g of protein so you gotta love that in a yogurt. I feel full for quite some time with it. Added a bit of honey and stirred it up to rich, whipped goodness.

We have lots of goodies in the house due to TJ shopping yesterday, so I think lunch will be an open faced tuna sandwich and a cup of that roasted corn soup that I inadvertently bought. Dinner tonight is TJ''s pizza and a lite salad.

I was reading all the stuff about crock pots last night and was debating on getting one. We have limited storage space so I hate buying large kitchen items. After reading, I gathered that the best thing about them is that you can throw stuff in it in the morn and come back home to dinner. Since I work from home, I really don''t need the time saving benefit. Is crockpot cooking great beyond the convenience factor? Mara, I think you noted on the crockpot recipe thread that most of the stuff you tried was bland. I can''t deal with bland...and while your chili recipe looks good, I am not sure that it''s worth buying one just for good chili. Anyone have any thoughts? We never had one of these growing up, but I love kitchen stuff and am always interested in trying new things.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG if you don''t have the room and since you work from home and can make things all day long, I wouldn''t think that there''d be a huge benefit for you. Honestly, I have made crockpot recipes in the oven on low heat aka 200 for a few hours...or if you are making chili or soups or something, you can simmer them on low heat for hours on the stovetop. The beauty of the CP is really that you can throw a bunch of stuff into it, turn it on LOW and 8 hours later come home and dinner is ready. But if you don''t need that time away kinda thing for a job, then I wouldn''t bother.

So far my three fave crockpot recipes are the chili we made, this artichoke dip that I have been making since we got the CP (and before in the oven!), and last nite my mom''s chicken and veggie soup. But she makes the soup on the stovetop too. And chili can be easily made on the stovetop. Just use a really low flame.

Where the CP excels is that many times the flavors all gel together way better if they sit there for 8 hours. BUT I have also gotten the same results with something like just mixing it all together (think turkey lasagna here) and then letting it sit in the fridge too, ala turkey lasagna.

I am so craving a TJ''s pizza for dinner tonite...mmmmm...but we have a ton of chicken soup leftover, lol!! We won''t even be able to finish it all tonite, I''ll probably be eating it for lunch tomorrow and we''ll still have some left then. I might make a 1/2 size lasagna for the three of us for tomorrow night since again the whole trough would probably not be finished by us since we''ll be eating out here and there while Greg''s mom is visiting.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Hello there! I don''t really have a regular workout routine (except riding my bicycle to and back from work), nor am I looking to lose weight, just wanted to say I tried a couple of the recipes in the healthy recipes thread last night and they were delicious!

I tried the tilapia in mustard cream sauce (delectable! It looks very nice as well) and the vegetable quiche cups. The quiches were a big hit with my bf and I - very easy to make, healthy, and tasted wonderful! I''ll definitely be making more of those!

Thanks Mara and CrownJewel!

P.S. Hope you feel better soon, Mara. I had gastrointestinal problems a couple of years back, and all the doctors really did was prescribe me some pain and anti-nausea medication. It went away eventually, and in retrospect, I think it was mostly due to stress. Take care!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 11:31:02 AM
Author: Mara
morning all...so i just took a prilosec according to the directions so we'll see if it does anything. lisa it says to take 1 a day for 14 days, is that what i follow? and this may seem like a funny Q but what if it DOES work...it says not to take it longer than 14 days. is the idea that after 14 days the flare up is gone and you don't have to take anything anymore or ?
Hi Mara - it says not to exceed 14 days because that was all it was approved over the counter for. The concern is that people will try to self treat and potentially miss a diagnosis by self treating and not seeing a doctor. It is fine to use for 14d without seeing a doctor (although you have already seen a doctor), but if symptoms continue or don't resolve then they want people to have a medical evaluation (a safety net). It is routinely used in longer periods (years even) in regular practice, but they have done studies to show that people can treat themselves for 14 days and be cured, and retreat as needed - hence the over the counter status now. If your symptoms don't resolve or get worse in 14 days then we will reevaluate and see if we need to push to get you to GI as far as continued medical evaluation as a scope would be indicated at that time, IMO. Hopefully all will be done at that time and you will not have to see anyone else, and you will not have to take any more medication!

If you do get reflux, just an FYI (since the topic of reflux came up!), peppermint although commonly thought to be soothing on the GI tract, actually can cause a relaxation of the sphincter which separates the stomach from the esophagus and can actually worsen reflux up from the stomach to the esophagus. Just an FYI, in case you start getting heartburn!! I don't think it will be a problem using it now though.

Funny story about nexium (esomeprazole) - prilosec (omeprazole) is the 'original purple pill'. The patent ran out (hence it is the only one available over the counter). When the patent runs out, there is a huge loss of $ for the drug company due to generics, so a push to create newer, patented drugs (hey, they have to pay for that advertising somehow!!). Drugs are usually mixtures of R and L sided isomers of a molecule (you may recall S and R isomers from organic chem?). The creative makers of prilosec simply repatented the nexium as only the S-isomer of the omeprazole molecule (which as a drug was patented as a mixture of both the S- and R- isomers). Repatented it as 'the other purple pill' called nexium - wha-la new patent, new $$$!! I do agree that nexium does tend to work faster than prilosec though in terms of symptom relief.

DEEJAY - I talked to the dietician this morning, she said pretty much what was said before, that it is too dependent on calories you are burning and taking in to say precisely when it will show up, but the whole 3500 cal in excess is when a pound will show up, but won't show up that day (aside from the weight of just food itself sitting in there in your gut!), again usually something that shows up a pound or over in 1 day is fluid shift.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa it's funny you mention that about the peppermint because last nite i drank some peppermint tea...and it was after that when my esophagus started hurting and i actually got a little bit of acid reflux going on (aka burping and feeling like stuff was trying to come up...ew!). i was like what is going on?! so i wonder if maybe that was actually making it worse? maybe i will lay off the peppermint tea then...hehee. don't want to be making things worse.

i was reading about gastritis online today and it definitely seemslike it's along the same lines of my symptoms, aka abdominal pain and gas. anyway...we'll see!! the prilosec box said it could take a few days for 'relief' to be felt so i would imagine within 2-3 days of taking one a day i'll know more.

had a 90 cal granola bar for snackie, and am contemplating lunch after i hit up TJ's to get some orchids for greg's mom's visit.
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2007 2:51:30 PM
Author: merrijoy
This will give you a smile today,

How funny are some of these questions?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16658017/

So you mean sitting around smoking a cigarette while using the ab lounge and trying some alternate breathing techniques WON'T make me thin OR straighten out my penis???
23.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
So you mean sitting around smoking a cigarette while using the ab lounge and trying some alternate breathing techniques WON''T make me thin OR straighten out my penis???

Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing over here. This is too funny!
3.gif
19.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 2:41:16 PM
Author: :)

Funny story about nexium (esomeprazole) - prilosec (omeprazole) is the ''original purple pill''. The patent ran out (hence it is the only one available over the counter). When the patent runs out, there is a huge loss of $ for the drug company due to generics, so a push to create newer, patented drugs (hey, they have to pay for that advertising somehow!!). Drugs are usually mixtures of R and L sided isomers of a molecule (you may recall S and R isomers from organic chem?). The creative makers of prilosec simply repatented the nexium as only the S-isomer of the omeprazole molecule (which as a drug was patented as a mixture of both the S- and R- isomers). Repatented it as ''the other purple pill'' called nexium - wha-la new patent, new $$$!! I do agree that nexium does tend to work faster than prilosec though in terms of symptom relief.
Thanks for the info! I knew that Prilosec and Nexium were related ... but I didn''t think they were that related (oh how I hated organic chemistry!) At the time, I think it was actually cheaper for me to have a prescription rather than buying OTC because I had a small prescription co-pay with my insurance. Good stuff to know, though!

And those questions on that MSNBC page - thanks for the laugh!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What odd questions!

Today is my day off from working out. We''re going out to dinner again tonight as we our subscription to our local theater is starting back up (there is a break during the holiday season) and it''s our tradition to go to dinner pre-play. John is in charge of choosing the restaurant. I''m eating a light lunch (French Onion Soup for 90 calories and 2.5 g of fat!) and will eat a light dinner (soup and salad perhaps?) to keep my calorie count around 1500 today. I managed to stay under 2000 calories yesterday even going out for Thai food, which makes me very happy.

We''re going to Palm Desert for my grandfather''s interment this Thursday/Friday and cooking will be out of my hands (we''re staying in a hotel but my aunt owns a vacation home in town and we''ll be spending most of our time with her). It''s really difficult to adapt to someone else''s eating habit when one becomes accustomed to healthy eating habits. She loves to make things filled with cheese, etc. I volunteered to bring a casserole for Thursday dinner which would help, I''m hoping she''ll take me up on it.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
i lied about going to the gym. i did my stretches and then i went to neiman marcus and bought a dress and ate lunch. i hate going there sometimes b/c every time i do, the lady asks me what size i am, and then before i can answer, she tells me i''m an 8 or a 10. but i''m not! i''m a 6! they can see this at nordstrom, what''s wrong w/ the lighting at nm? i wouldn''t even care if thier dresses were all sized differently, and i actually did wear an 8 or 10. but it''s annoying b/c she picks the dresses (all 8 & 10) to put in my dressing room, then i have to put them on and show her how big they are on me and then she goes to get the 6s. a waste of time. the dress i bought today is a 4 and it fit me perfectly! i''m wearing it to my wedding. i love it. oh--i''ll post a pic...

wdress back.jpg

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
front

(maybe i should post this elsewhere, whoops)

wdress front.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
nejarb,

It''s beautiful and I''m glad you posted it here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results