shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st Jan till 27th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
Glad you had a great work out, and a nice dinner with Charlie. Keep an open mind, you never know what will come your way. Thinking you have lots to offer, and experience to back it up!!!
2.gif
That''s worth a lot. So keep the faith, good things will follow...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am so glad to see Friday finally arrive. We didn’t do much of anything tonight and I don’t know what we’ll do tomorrow but I am looking forward to goofing off a little bit.
Mara, I am glad you survived the cold and hope you are rested up from your trip. Sorry to hear about Greg’s truck. I am glad your Mini wasn’t on the street.
Lorelei, you are doing great on your weight routine. See you are tougher than you thought. Thanks for the words of encouragement about my long term commitment to living healthy. I know I still have a long time before I get there though.
Hi Julie. I live in Wyoming and we probably only have 3 months of the year where it’s nice outside but I love living here anyway.
Lumpkin, good luck on starting your new treadmill routine. I have been working on mine for about 2 weeks now and sure enjoy it.
Steph, it sounds like you’ve got your work cut out for you moving so soon. Good idea to get a part time job once you get settled. It’s a nice way to get out, meet people and getting some spending money is always nice. I do think I would have won the contest at work last year but I am glad I started when I did; my health is the best prize I could ever give myself.
Rod, I hope I’ll be walking much more on the TM in the months to come. I think I’ll stick with the 1 mile for a week or two then bump it up again. I am enjoying it so far. I find myself a little more lax than I used to be on treats but only because I know I will go right back on track. I am glad to hear Rod the Energizer kept going and going at the gym today. I am thinking about you and wish you the best on your job search; I know there is something awesome around the corner for both you and Charlie.
Skippy, I am sure you enjoyed the nice weather today. It wasn’t bad here and will be warmer this weekend. The snow is coming back Sunday night though. Sorry you had a nutty day yesterday; I missed you last night. I am enjoying the treadmill – it’s something I never thought I would do or want to do and now I look forward to it. It’s the new ME. Have fun at muscle hour.
Linda, I hope Mazie is doing better. I posted you a note on your other thread. She is so cute.
Ladypirate, your enchiladas sound great.
Shortblonde, thanks and I definitely pay attention to new bling information. Your ring sounds very pretty and happy birthday. I am glad your class went so well and woo hoo for burning off that many calories.
PhoenixGirl, I am sure some cookie cake will help you feel better. If not in body; then in spirit and it sounds like you can use that. I sure hope you get well soon. That’s sad you didn’t get your cookie cake today; I hope you get it tomorrow. That’s very interesting about cravings and antibiotics. No worries, you will be fine once you feel better.
Kimi, maybe try some cookie cake too as I know you are not feeling so well either. Rest up and get better.
Hi Kaleigh.
Well, I must get my contacts out before they are fused to my eyeballs.
Have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, the theory is that the antibiotics kill off all your intestinal bacteria except for candida (which thrive on sugar, aha), which then overgrows and throws you off balance. It's the same reason that women often get yeast infections after taking antibiotics, just different body location. It makes sense to me on one hand because the cravings have been so specific and out of character for me. However, I am a little dubious because almost every site that isn't just a forum where people are discussing their sugar cravings has been trying to sell supplements that are supposed to cure you. It's not like emedecine.com or webmd.com talk about how you need to stop eating sugar for months, but that's what all the websites seem to say. I teach my students to evaluate the reliability of the website before accepting the information as fact, so I should do the same thing.

My local natural food market sells probiotics (like eating yogurt to replenish the good bacteria that's been wiped out, just more to the point), so I'm going to get some today to try to restore the balance. But I'm going to hold off on going on a no-sugar diet until I see what happens. It seems to me that if you had to have all these supplements and completely cut out sugar (including FRUIT!) for months after taking antibiotics, then this would be more common knowledge, not just discussed on random websites that end in ".net" and ".info"

Plus we already ordered that cookie cake!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
phoenix, i''ve never heard the part about not eating sugar, but it is true that antibiotics kill off the good bacteria in your gut along with the bad ones you''re trying to fight. i''ve had multiple doctors tell me that you should eat yogurt while on antibiotics and for a few days after in order to replenish the good probiotic bacteria, so you''re on the right track!

party last night was fun and i did pretty well with the eating - i ate quite a few shrimp and a couple cubes of cheese during cocktail hour for a protein boost, then filled most of my dinner plate with salad and the rest with a couple bites of mashed potatoes, sauteed veggies, and a small roll. i did have 1.5 glasses of red wine and a few bites of chocolate cake, but overall it wasn''t too bad. and i danced alot, so that burned off a few calories as well!

off to the gym to elliptical...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Finally made it to the gym yesterdy for the first time since last Wednesday (
6.gif
). Did my usual 65 mins on the elliptical.

BUT... then we went to this new coal oven pizza place... AND then out for dessert at this chi-chi place with too many good things to choose from... YIKES!

Anyway, it is what it is.

Off to do the real estate thing right now. Happy Saturday!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning,

Still feelling quite yucky. We''re going for a walk in a few minutes, just so I get some exercise in, and then to the movies this afternoon. We''ll stop at Whole Foods afterwards and pick something up for dinner.

Rod, the chicken was yummy. I wasn''t very hungry yesterday, but it was delicious. John roasts cauliflower in a bit of EVOO with lemon juice and garlic, it''s delicious.

Have a good one.

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone,

There''s so much activity outside as the floats line up for the parade and of course they''re all testing their sound systems and there are about 75 loud songs playing simultaneously. The kittie''s can sense the activity outside and are a bit anxious too. The parade officially starts at 2:00 PM, so we''ll likely head into the crowd (they expect something like 100,000 or more people to show up!), but we may not last long as that''s just too many people for me. It was a little too cool to have breakfast on the terrace and there was too much noice outside too, so we had our scone, coffee and fresh fruit in side with HGTV and the morning paper. I''ll let you know how the festivities are later...........

Hey Lisa, it''s nice to hear from!! I am doing my best to keep an open mind. Each day get''s a little better and I slept even better last night!

Enjoy goofing off Marcy. It''s a nice thing to be able to do every now and then!!

Phoenix, taking a probiotic when on antibiotics is a good thing to do!!

Sounds like your party was fun SB!! Have fun on the elliptical!!

Yay for 65 minutes on the elliptical DeeJay. Yummm, Pizza and Dessert. I still haven''t had a slice of pizza in well over a year. I need to treat myself to one sometime!!

Glad you enjoyed the chicken and cauliflower Kimberly. I hope your walk helps you feel better. We have a section every Saturday in our paper all about health and they said one should not exercise if you have a fever, but exercising when you have a cold is actually good for you and will likely help you get over a cold sooner. It did say that you should not work out as hard with a cold as you would without a cold. Anyway, feel better soon!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! quick check in before i am off to be tortured by my trainer. it's mornings like this when i am like seriously i pay you to hurt me? why????

ahhhh beauty. that's right.

anyhow, had a good day yesterday, finally feel more normal and like myself thankfully after recouperating and sleeping quite well for a few nights. ran/walked 2.5 miles on treaddie yest after work. got fish tacos and seafood dinner at that place with our neighbors and played some card games til almost midnight.

now i just ate some high fiber cereal with coffee before my workout...hopefully the carbs will keep me fueled through my muscle resistance stuff with torture trainer..AND then a hour long zumba class.

today we are mostly relaxing. it's been raining for days around here so seems like a nice time to just chill out. gotta do some grocery shopping though, our pickins in the fridge are seriously slim. not sure what we are doing tonite.

anyhow, have a great day all. kimi hope you feel better!! PG you too, being sick sucks...hang in there. rod hope you guys can enjoy the parade without too much stress going on around it.

happy saturday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. I moved down 4/10 of a pound putting me in the minus 143 range and within 3 pounds of being overweight instead of obese. Who would ever think someone would be excited to be overweight? Ha Ha.
I didn’t sleep very well; the wind is howling outside and woke me up quite frequently last night. These high pressure systems always make me achy too.
Phoenix that is interesting info about antibiotics. There are many unreliable websites out there. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cookie cake.
Shortblonde, I am glad you had fun at the party last night and it sounds like you did great on food. Have fun at the gym.
DeeJay, yay for making it to the gym. The pizza and dessert sounds wonderful.
Kimi, sorry to hear you are still feeling bad today. I hope getting out for a walk and a movie will brighten your day. Take care and get better.
Rod, have fun at the parade today. That is interesting the kitties sense something is going on outside. I am going to enjoy goofing off. We are running a few errands but nothing special.
Mara, I hope you enjoy your torture session this morning.
Well, I think DH is almost ready to go so I’d best get this posted.
Have a great day.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, back from my friends tough muscle hour!!! Hubby hugged me when he saw me after class and said "yuck you are all sweaty." I am thinking what did you expect? hehee Gosh, today is suppose to be a high of 55, yay!! Tomorrow too, yay! Hubby and I may go to the farmers market and pick up some fresh veggies for meals
1.gif
3.gif
Have a great Saturday!

PHX, hope you feel better soon! Yogurt sounds like a good idea; mint tea helps me too when my tummy isn't the best.

DeeJay, yay for making it to the gym, go Dee!!!

Kimi, hope you feel better soon too! Yay for a walk and have fun at the movies. Let us know what you see; I love to hear about good movies!

Rod, the floats sound fun; poor kitties. I agree w/Lisa, you will find something soon, you are a smart guy!

Mara, have a great killer workout! Sorry about Gregs truck, what a pain, people bug sometimes and need to get a life, sheesh!

Miss Marcy, yay, for all the weight! You are kicking booty!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I hope you all are enjoying your saturday. My sister and I were up early and did the usual magic mountain hike in 32degrees temps and then hit starbucks to warm up. It had to be kinda funny watching 2 pregnant gals moving along and we can both tell that it''s getting more and more difficult. We just need to catch our breath and both really feel like we are running out of steam, especially the last big hill towards the end. I''m up 31 lbs to far and the weight is all in my front so my legs and back really do feel the extra pull on them. But, I know it''s so good for me and will keep going.

I''m making split pea soup for dinner, which I just love right now, it''s so easy to make and so good for us. doesn''t hurt that it''s super cheap either...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a yummy dinner, MrsS! Good for you for continuing to exercise through your pregnancy!

Skip, hooray for good sweat. Hope you had fun at the farmer''s market. We saw No Country for Old Men. Really great screenplay, acting and plot. A lot of people boo''ed the ending, yes outloud, I thought it was fantastic. We''ve now seen 4 of the 5 Oscar nominees for best picture. I think we''ll see the final one next weekend. John keeps track of these things, I don''t.

We walked a bit this morning; nothing fantastic, but it felt good to exercisee. We stopped at Whole Foods on the way home from the movie. We don''t go there often as there are only 2 in SD (one in Hillcrest and the other in La Jolla, both about 35 minutes away from us) and picked up premade kabobs and fruit to make a salad for dinner.

It''s looking quite stormy, but the rain hasn''t hit yet; it should tomorrow.

We''re going to go out to dinner tomorrow night. Somewhere close to home if it''s raining as hard as they say it''s going to.

Have a great evening all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. My husband is working on my PC. I got a 2007 Office disk to install on my laptop from school and it wiped out my email. I will be really stressed if he can’t find it. I only wanted the new version of word to open attached files from my student. Aak. I hate computer problems.
8.gif

Skippy, yay for a great workout at muscle hour. I hope you had fun at the farmer’s market. We only have them for about 3 months here. Thanks for the kind words about my weight loss.
Hi MrsSalvo. It’s great to hear from you. I am glad you and your sister continue to go on your walk every weekend. I am sure it is good for both of you.
Kimi, I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I hope you don’t have a lot of rain tomorrow.
Laters,
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 9:55:00 PM
Author: marcyc

Kimi, I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I hope you don’t have a lot of rain tomorrow.
We want the rain, Marcy, don''t wish it away! CA is facing water shortage issues and our city has been placed on mandatory conservation starting in March. We''re really good about our water usage, but we live on 2+ acres with an avacado grove that we''re trying to bring back, the previous owner did nothing to care for it, so the more rain we get the better off we are. Sorry about the computer issues, how annoying!

I''m enjoying a glass of wine before we flip on the TV. Law and Order reruns make for a great rainy night in.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I understand the water shortage and hope you get plenty of moisture out of the rain. How great to be trying to restore the avocado grove. The plains have had serious draughts for years too and we sure need moisture here as well. The forest fires for the last few years in the west have been awful (something I know you are all too familiar with). My DH is still trying to get Outlook to download. I already returned the disk to the computer lab at school. Rats.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

We went out into the madness called Gasparilla this afternoon. It was entertaining, but what a zoo. It''s really a younger person''s party and the drinking, oh my, the drinking. People actually showed up already drunk and you can imagine how that went as the afternoon moved along. We actually stayed on the far sidelines. We started by walking the backstreets to a closer Starbucks and had a cup of coffee and watched thousands of people walk by. Many were dressed in pirate costume, lots of "Arrrrggggg''s" and cigars. Then we headed to the actual parade and each float contains a Krewe, which is a club of sorts devoted to continuing the Gasparilla festivities and I guess they also are social and they do charitable things througout the year, or so I''ve been told. At any rate, each float contains the Krewe members and the members throw bead necklaces at the parade goers who grab the beads and wear them as necklaces. Some people had hundreds of strands of beads around their neck as the parade continued by. So, we stayed for a while and then just walked home. Interesting, but not something we''ll need to go to next year. Of course traffic was total gridlock around our area, so it was not easy to get out and get to any restaurants nearby, so we wound up going away from the crowds and went to a wonderful little Italian place and had a fabulous meal. We started with a fried shrimp appetizer that was unlike any fried shrimp I''ve ever had. They were obviously quick fried and with virtually no batter, and were crisp on the outside, and perfectly cooked inside. That came with a tomatoe based dipping sauce, which was so yummy. For my dinner, I had linguini with fresh tomatoe sauce accompanied by shrimp, lump crab and clams. It was just to die for. Charlie had a pasta prima vera which was just terrific too. After dinner we tried to get to the yogurt shop, but traffic was still completely jammed, so we just came home. We''re glad we got to see the Gasparilla festivities, but were also glad they''re over and our neighborhood can go back to normal.

I hope your trainer gave your money''s worth of torture Mara!!

143 down Marcy!! You go girl!! Sorry for your computer issues.

Glad you enjoyed muscle hour Skippy. Enjoy the wamr temps before it get''s too cold again!!

Wow, hiking up the magic mountain in 32 degree weather Mrssalvo!! You go too!!

I guess that''s about it. Tomorrow will be regular Sunday. Charlie''s anxious to get to the gym since we couldn''t go today and he hasn''t been since Tuesday because he was visiting his family in Orlando. So, I guess we''ll have a nice long workout tomorrow afternoon. Then we''ll be off Monday like we usually are. Since I''m not working though, I may go for a run if it''s a nice day. I haven''t been for a run since Thanksgiving, so I''ll have to take it easy if I do.

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my laptop back and everything is restored except I lost Microsoft Publisher.I will have to see if I can get it again from school.I do my club newsletter in it and most of my campus class papers are in it.I was very relieved to see my address book was still in Outlook.

Rod
, the parade sounds like a wild and crazy time.Good idea to get far away from it for a nice, quiet dinner.Thanks for the encouragement.I am very happy to have my laptop back.I hope you and Charlie have a great time at the gym tomorrow and enjoy relaxing on Monday.

Well, I am cold and yawning and getting hungry so I best get to bed.

Laters,

Marcy

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, I hope the rest this weekend has helped you get better. I know how frustrating that can be! And I know how hard it is to be sick at school trying to do your job when you just want to rest.

Rod, I love HGTV too! I watched a lot of it while I was sick. I hope the parade and the whatsitcalled was fun.

Marcyc, I''m very excited to hear about your continued weight loss and will send a big congratulations your way when you tell us you are in the overweight category. I''m sure it will be soon! I''m also glad your email was found intact.

MrsSalvo, I got a chuckle imagining you and your sister on your hike. Good for you for staying so active!

I am proud to report that I just ran 4 miles! That''s the first time I was able to run in 3 weeks after getting sick (and after doing 5 miles for the first time on 1/5). My goal was to do at least 2 but I was really hoping for 3. I kept the pace slow (usually I run 9-9.5 min miles and I ran 10-11 min miles) and while I never felt exhilarated like I can during a good run, I also never felt all that crappy. I honestly think I could have gone 5 miles if I had not upped my pace for the final mile. But really, even I am not so crazy as to try to match my longest run ever on my first attempt after being sick.

I feel like every time I say, yay, I''m finally over this bug, it hits me again. So I''m just focusing on how I feel at the moment. Tuesday through Thursday were pretty crappy. Friday I started to feel better except for my sugar craving, then did all my "candida" research and convinced myself that I now had another problem to deal with. This led to another big cry for me, which is so out of character. I like to think I was crying out some of the bad stuff. Yesterday and today I''ve felt very good . . . no fatigue, no sinus pain, no congestion so thick I can''t breathe, no weird cravings (I''m still eating a sliver of cookie cake here and there for good measure). I am hopeful this is a trend that will continue.

Oh, the probiotics stuff I got is called Kefir and it''s kind of like yogurt that you drink . . . except it''s really gross. I had been advised to buy it flavored, not plain, which I did. I can''t imagine what the plain stuff tastes like! But my stomach feels much more balanced and I don''t have any more cravings, so I''m going to have a glass every night until I''m done with the antibiotics.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon,

We''re heading out shopping in a few minutes. I need new tennis shoes and we''ve got a coupon to a bookstore we want to use before it expires.

We''re going out to dinner tonight at a Spanish bistro downtown, should be fun! I''m still sluggishly under the weather.

Have a great Sunday all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all. thought i had posted earlier but it was apparently all in my mind!!

it''s a slow lazy sunday around here. got grocery shopping done thankfully. cleaned out and restocked the fridge.

invited our neighbors over for dinner (actually we are taking the food over there), so i am making baked ziti with a meat mushroom sauce, basically my lasagna sauce but with ziti and cheese instead of lasagna style. got a mini take and bake puglese from TJ''s too that we''ll pair it with. should be yummy.

yesterday i was an eating whore! i did my trainer hour and zumba and i was literally exhausted and twitching afterwards. i think that is what contributed to the need to eat feeling all day long, but i came home and had some fage and a cinnamon raisin bread slice. not so bad, but then we walked over to the new pizza place and got 2 slices to bring home, no biggie but i dunno, something about eating the slice made me want to eat more!! so i ended up finishing off the cin raisin bread (2 slices) which i swear tastes like a dessert. then we went to dinner out on the santa cruz wharf because it''s crab season out here. we got cold cracked crabs with drawn butter, not unhealthy but the fried calamari and extra garlic bread we ordered and consumed was a bit out there. THEN this place has amazing gelatos so i got an espresso bean scoop to go. no biggie there except that we ALSO stopped at this fave candy/munchy place on the wharf and got a caramel apple with nuts, a bit of rocky road, 2 praline turtles and some hard chocolate candy to go.
6.gif
we only ate some of it last nite but still. we were on a roll!

so this morning we had not much in the house so i thought well we could go out for breakkie, i was craving whole grain pancakes something fierce. BUT i know it''s not healthy when we go out and get them, real butter and real maple syrup nix any whole grain benefit. so i ended up making us kashi blueberry waffles (5g fiber, 8g protein!) in the toaster and greg got eggs at the corner store, so i made us omelets with mozz cheese to supplement. plus we really wanted to stay home anyway. and this way i didn''t feel like i was blowing 1k cals on a breakkie somewhere after my gorgesfest yesterday.

some days though i just feel like our bodies are telling us something. so i''m choosing to believe that was yesterday for me.
9.gif
today i feel much better...just had a string cheese and 1/3 of a pizza slice (we got an extra one yesterday for us to share for lunch today) and 1/2 a fage for lunch. made the sauce for the baked ziti as well. dinner is at 6pm so i should be fine til then. feel WAY less snacky today. i also am not working out today as my butt and legs are SORE from yesterday which means that i need to rest today because it''s back to the facility tomorrow for an hour with the trainer.

anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying a fabulous sunday!! we still have pouring rain over here, so i made my one outside stop today with the groceries and drugstore...and now we don''t plan to leave other than walking next door with our dinner to hang with the neighbors. i love lazy days like this. we are traveling next wkd so i really wanted this wkd to be a relaxing one for us.

PG hope you are starting to feel a bit better, interesting re: the kefir. i see that at TJ''s. also activia is supposedly something like that as well, helps regulate digestive system i believe. kimi, sorry to hear you are still feeling a bit under the weather, hope your outing is fun. marcy YAY for continuing your weight loss trend, you''re so amazing as you already know. rod, glad to hear you guys had a busy and good day with the festival yesterday, sending positive vibes your way for the career. mrs salvo, awesome on your preggo hike, you''re so inspiring!! i''m sure there is more i am forgetting...but i''ll check in later.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I have been baking all afternoon; I made 2 loaves of Chocolate Banana Bread. One is for us and the other is for a friend of mine who's father passed away. Hubby is excited because he loves my chocbanana bread. hehee It is rainy and cold today so I didn't get a walk in. We will have the fresh broccoli from the farmers market and beef strips for dinner tonight!

I am sore from my muscle hour class yesterday, yay!

Marcy, yay for all your walks!!! I sometimes wish for a treadmill when it is bad weather.

Rod, hope you had a fab workout just as fab as you! Thinking about ya!

Kimi, feel better! Hope you get rain!

Hey Mara PG and ShortBlonde!
Have a great evening all
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone....just checking in. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Had a great day today that started out with a 3 mile run. We went to Sports Authority to check out the ellipticals, but really were not that impressed with the selection they had. We are getting ready to go on Tuesday to start our house-hunting, so I am very excited about that. Other than that, not too much going on. Hope everyone is well!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

The city spent the night cleaning Bayshore Boulevard and asside from a few tents left, one would never know about 100,000 people were just outside our door yesterday, so it was nice to have a non-Gasparilla Sunday morning. It was just warm enough to enjoy breakfast on the terrace and the sky was just so blue without any clouds whatsoever. We had lunch at Panera like we usually do on Sunday, then coffee under the oak at Starbucks, followed immediately with a really productive 2.5 hour workout at the gym. I had a difficult time starting my workout for some reason, but then I finally got going and had a good one. My favorite elliptical either moved or decided to behave badly as it was a very tough 35 minutes on it. I think they may have moved a few of the ellipticals around and the only way I know it is because it''s in front of a specific wall mounted TV. At any rate, the machine was just a tough one and it was hard to get through the session, but I did OK.

We went grocery shopping afterwards and I was craving baked chicken and rice, so we bought a whole chicken cut up and good old Uncle Ben''s white rice. There was an article in our health section of the paper yesterday saying that contracty to popular belief, enriched white rice is actually just about as healthy for you as brown rice. Whether that''s true or not, I certainly enjoyed my old fashioned white rice. We also had steamed brocolli and a whole wheat roll. For desert we had 3 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate and a cup of coffee.

I don''t really have any plans for tomorrow. I''ll do some job hunting, then I''m not sure what I''ll get into. I''m thinking about taking a 3 mile run, but then I may just take a fitness day off. I guess I''ll see how I feel tomorrow afternoon. While we still have money, we''ll do our normal Monday night Sushi and fro-yo and/or coffee. Once we''re both not working, we''ll have to cut back on the amount of money we blow in restaurants.

I''m glad you got your laptop back and didn''t lose your address book in Outlook Marcy!

Phoenix sounds like you''re doing so much better and you enjoyed your 4 mile run. Good for you. I hope you continue to feel better every day!

I hope you got a great pair of tennis shoes and found the perfect book to use your coupon on Kimberly. Enjoy your dinner at the Spanish Restaurant. Tampa has many Spanish restaurants, but I''ve never warmed up to the food much myself. Sounds like you guys are really getting hammered with rain this weekend. I know you all really need it, but sometimes having a years worth in a couple of days isn''t overly helpful.

Mara, I think you''re right that our bodies tell us something when we have cravings for certain foods. That''s why I had to have some baked chicken and Uncle Ben''s rice!! I''m guessing your referring to Dungeness Crab when you say crab season out there, right? It''s Stone Crab season in Florida right now. But all we ever get are the claws. They never kill the stone crabs, and only take one claw when they harvest them, so the stone crab can grow another claw for the future. The claws are very lobster like in taste and texture.

Chocobanana bread sounds yummy Skippy. I''m sorry your friends father passed away and it''s really sweet of you to bake a loaf for the family! Sorry the weather stopped you from getting outdoors.

Hey Steph, I think I mentioned you wouldn''t find the better quality ellipticals at a place like Sports Authority. You''ll need to find a specialty dealer who carries higher end machines. Have a great time in Orlando house hunting. While we haven''t lived in Orlando since 1992, I did enjoy living there. We lived in Oviedo, which I imagine has grown significantly since we left there.

I guess that''s about all I have to report. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and is looking forward to the new week. I''m adjusting better to being unemployed, but know I can''t be unemployed very long. We keep trying to win the lottery, but that''s just not working out too well for us........LOL

Sleep well!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great week. I am finally over that 3 WEEK! cold/flue. I still have some sort of cough, but it is a lot better.
I have been really lax the last 2 weeks with my WW points, I stay in point range and then munch here and there, but I am down another pound or so. I really need to stay in check starting tomorrow and work in the veggies and fruit and I said this LAST week!
I did however get back to the treadmill, I think I got on the treadmill 5 times this week, I have to check my calendar hahaha
I really wanted a brownie that was in the house the other night, and I had it!! I really don't want to deprive myself if I really want to have something, is that bad though if I am trying to lose weight? I should have only had half of the brownie, that would have been better. Oh well, I am definitely not beating myself up over eating it..my goal is to be down .5lbs a week.

Dee*Jay- how is Demon? I didn't see any updates posted. I hope he is well!

DancingQueen- "Gossip Girl" will be repeating all episodes this week.

I really need to up my treadmill time. What is the usual time per mile?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Evening, all! We've had a nice relaxing weekend--went for a gorgeous 2.5 mile walk yesterday when there was a break in the rain and you could see for miles over the ocean because the wind blew the clouds away for a few hours. We had coq au vin for dinner and then this morning we made waffles from scratch. Yum! We did housework for most of today and then had vegetable soup for dinner with this AWESOME goat milk cheddar cheese. Tonight I think we'll just watch the latest episode of Chuck and then head to bed early.

Phoenix, Kashi makes a pro-biotic cereal called Vive that I LOVE--so tasty and both pro-biotic AND high-fiber! In any case, I hope you feel better.

Have a great week, everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had a busy day. We went to a mall about ½ way between here and DIA. We bought a few clothes and I looked at ideal cut anniversary bands and some channel set bands. We stopped and ate a quick lunch then I dropped my husband off at the airport. Since I was only about 30 minutes away from my favorite jewelry store I headed there and you guessed it – I bought a ¼ ct channel set anniversary band. I’ll have to get pictures tomorrow. I dropped our digital SLR from the couch to the floor and bent the PC cord connector – I ordered a new one but don’t know if I did any further damage inside the camera. I can use my point and shoot to take pictures though. Rats for being clumsy.
PhoeonixGirl, I am so excited to hear you ran 4 miles. That is awesome for your first time after being so sick. I am glad the probiotics seem to be helping. I’ve been thinking about your info on antibiotics and I wonder how much of that triggered my sweet tooth as a kid. When I was 3 I had the 3 day measles settle in my lungs. I got bronchitis every year for most of the winter through college. I was on a liquid antibiotic as a kid and it tasted HORRID so I always wanted a “bribe” of candy, cookie, cake, etc. to take my medicine. Hmm, there is a bad pattern developing there – something sweet for a reward or comfort food. Since I was on antibiotics a lot I would certainly have craved sweets. Oh well, too late to worry about it now but it is interesting to think about. Thanks for being excited for me.
Kimi, I hope you had fun shopping. Sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather.
Mara, your baked ziti sounds great and I like making it instead of lasagna; it’s certainly easier to put it all together that way. I agree some days our bodies just want something and it’s not like you eat that much everyday. I am ordering in pizza for my team at work tomorrow but will only have 2 pieces. Thanks for the kind words about me.
Skippy, yay for staying home on a cold day and baking. Your bread sounds yummy. Sorry to hear about your friend’s loss. That’s too bad you are sore from yesterday but at least it’s a good sore. I don’t think I’ll use the TM as much this summer but it’s nice to have on a cold, snowy evening.
Steph, have fun house hunting.
Rod, it sounds like things are back to normal around your neighborhood. I hope you find your fav elliptical soon. Your chicken and rice dinner sounds great. I was glad to get my email back too; now let’s hope I didn’t break the PC connection on my camera. It’s a good thing my DH has a lot of patience with me. I am glad you are feeling better and wish you good luck with your job search this week.
Golden, I am glad you are feeling better. Sometimes we just have to eat brownies; I just add them to my calories for the day and try to eat a little less at the next meal.
Ladypirate, yay for a great walk with a wonderful view. Your waffles sound yummy.
Take care everyone.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results