shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st Jan till 27th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I am soooo sorry Rod ( Charlie) Monnie and ( Monnie''s DH). These are tough times for sure. But ya know what, you guys are tough. I''ve witnessed it from your posts. You may not feel it now. Heck who would, this sucks.
15.gif
Just wanted to say, chin up!! I pray you guys find jobs soon. Will be praying for you all.
12.gif

Husband came home very grim as the over seas markets crashed today. He''s in a panic too.
I will be thinking of you in the days to come. You have a great support system here. I don''t post often here, just know I am routing for you. K?? Lisa
5.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrssalvo, Phoneix, Sharon and Lisa!! Lisa, I hope your HH doesn''t suffer with the overseas market being so volatile. Gee these are tough times all around.........

Our life has been such a roller coaster the last two years. Just this weekend, we were pondering what major changes might be heading our way in 2008. Little did we know we would be thrown into such upheaval so quickly. Maybe we can just get it over with early in the year??

Again, I''m so grateful to have my PS family. Your warm thoughts and friendship means so much
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 9:58:02 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh my goodness, I am soooo sorry Rod ( Charlie) Monnie and ( Monnie's DH). These are tough times for sure. But ya know what, you guys are tough. I've witnessed it from your posts. You may not feel it now. Heck who would, this sucks.
15.gif
Just wanted to say, chin up!! I pray you guys find jobs soon. Will be praying for you all.
12.gif
Monnie and Rod, I agree w/Lisa, you two are tough and will find something; I will pray it will be soon. Hugs and prayers outgoing to you and your other half!
12.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs Received Skippy!! Thanks so much!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod and Charlie and Monnie and Monnie''s DH. I just popped in to say hello and read the news.

I am so, so sorry to read that you have lost your jobs. I am sending many many prayers your way that you all find the job of your dreams in a short matter of time.

Love to you,
Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thanks everyone for your well wishes and support. And thank you Rod, for being an "open book"...big hugs to you and charlie and I just want you to know that your openness encouraged me to come out and admit that we are going through a tough time right now. If DH and I weren''t at all worried about money we''d come right down to Tampa and go out for sushi and Sapporo with you guys!
2.gif

On a much happier note, I did get to travel to my hometown this weekend (just got back home today) for my SIL''s baby shower. I will be an auntie sometime very soon to a little girl who will be named Heather, she''ll be the third heather in our family as it is my name and my SIL''s name as well! I indulged in two very delicious cupcakes (white cake with buttercream frosting, yum)...the first time in years I''ve "allowed" myself more than one dessert at an event such as this, lol! I didn''t feel one ounce of guilt since I had the usual job of sitting next to the gift recipient and writing down what gifts were given and by whom, a very labor-intensive task, hee hee!
9.gif
I got to see a lot of my relatives, spent lots of time with my parents who i hadn''t seen for 5 months, and I got to see my brother and SIL''s newly remodeled house (my bro has totally re-habbed their house all on his own, and it''s gorgeous). It was kind of hard to drive back home to chicago today and get back to the reality of job-hunting for both of us...but I was fine once I got home and was greeted by two excited doggies and my DH''s wonderful embrace.

Mrs.S...yes, I did work for a local jeweler. I primarily was a sales associate which was fab, but I also assisted the owner a ton with marketing and PR projects, and I''ve done that in other jobs I''ve had and loved it, so as I''m revising my resume I''m noticing that I really love that aspect of my career so far as well and I am thinking that with all the relationships I''ve established in the past 5-6 years here I could definitely go towards the mktg/PR direction as well. My options are pretty open with my education and experience at this point in my life I think, and DH and I are both open to relocating, so although I would love to stick with something jewelry-related I may not get back to that immediately. I will most certainly keep you posted! Hope your pregnancy is going well, btw.

That''s all I have for now, thanks again everyone for your sweet comments, they mean so much and are so motivating and encouraging. What a relief to be able to come here and share what''s going on in my life.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, Mr. Monnie, Rod and Charlie, I am SO SORRY that your year is beginning in this way!!! I hope that you all find bigger better jobs in short order and that you all end up in a more satisfying postion because of what has occurred. Things happen for a reason and I really believe that you''ll end up better off because of this. Biggest hugs outing to all of you.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Thanks DeeJay. My father and brother who have been in real-estate forever, have been encouraging me to get my license. But the Tampa market is in such bad shape right now that I just don't know if that's what I want to do???

And thanks so much Linday!! I appreciate your love a lot!!

And Monnie, it's too bad you can't come on down for some sushi and sapporo and healthy natural tart yogurt and coffee under the oak!!! I'm glad my open book self let you come on out too!! Remember, we here on the WWT are not here just to get healthy information, but we are a family of friends who truly care about each other.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod and Monnie - I am so sorry to hear about your jobs.

We had to make another trip to Lowes and Bed and Bath tonight – the temp was a blistering -7. Woo hoo!

Here’s what I do to help keep hunger at bay:
Drink lots of ice water
If I am really starving eat some almonds or cheese
Eat small things 6 times a day
Have 100 calorie snacks in easy reach (home, work, car, parties)
Have raw veggies cleaned and ready for snacking
Floss and brush my teeth as soon as I am done eating for the day

Lorelei, your bread sounds marvelous and having it ready to use for garlic bread is a wonderful idea. My husband loves garlic bread. Thanks for another awesome opener for this week and for all the great tips and ideas of managing hunger. When you talk about being prepared so you won’t over eat and indulge in fattening food I know that is what happened to me last weekend when I went for over 6 hours on 1 pancake before I ate lunch. I way overate and made poor food choices. I do best eating 6 times a day. I get hungry sometimes but can curb that hunger with raw veggies, a few almonds or a few goldfish crackers.
Steph, I am so glad you had a terrific time on your cruise. Great food, great time, made some money and didn’t gain a pound – life is good. Thanks for the link to figuring out an ideal weight. I am very lost on what that magic number for me might be.
Skippy, I eat pretty much the same way you do through out the day. I am glad to hear your temperatures are going up – I hope it’s headed my way next. Thanks for the great tips and tricks. Also, thanks for the knitting link. I will have to check it out and say hi anyway. I am glad you had a nice walk today.
Mara, good idea to take some healthy snacks on your trip. That is too cute that little Portia practically drags you along on your run then contentedly naps for a few hours when you get home. I hope you have a safe trip and don’t get too cold.
Sharon, stay warm. Woo hoo to a great workout today. I am glad your appetite is back and sometimes we just have to have a cheeseburger and fries so no worries there.
Appletini, sorry you lost your long post. Yeah for being the same weight as your happy weight.
PhoenixGirl, someone ran 50 miles? Wow, I’m impressed. I’d be DEAD - ha ha. Good idea to mix up your number of workouts each week. Good luck on your run and trying out your new shoes.
DeeJay, sorry to hear you have a cold. Get well soon. That would be my luck too making fun of my DH about stocking up on the cold medicines then I’d get sick. That doesn’t sound fun having to put in so much effort to write up about your experiences at a restaurant.
Kimi, your trip in Phoenix sounds like a great time. Sorry to hear you cold is still hanging around. My husband will be down there on business next week. The bathroom is looking great; all my DH has to do it put down a threshold under the door. He did a really nice job on it but I don’t think he’s up to starting another project any time soon.
Rod, I am so very sorry to hear your news. Good luck on looking for a job. My thoughts are with you and Charlie. Hugs to you both.
Hi Dancingqueen, Mrs Salvo, Kaleigh and Linda.
Monnie, I am sorry to hear about you and your husband loosing your jobs at the same time. Good luck to both of you on your job searches. I’ll be thinking of you both. Hugs to you both. I am glad you had a wonderful time with your family.
Golden, yeah for hardly coughing today. I am glad you felt good enough to workout today. Woo hoo for closing in on your first goal.
Well, I must get ready for bed. Take care.
Marcy

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 7:34:32 PM
Author: Rod
Well..........

You won''t have to hear me comment anymore about what a long and tough day Rod had at work anymore. Today, was BLACK Monday for our company and nearly 100 corporate people and 16 offices were ceremoniously shut down today. Charlie and I were BOTH laid off and our office will be closed the end of February. They asked Charlie to stay through February and if he does, he get''s a much longer severance package, so he agreed as we can''t afford to both be incomeless at the exact same time. How''s that for working really hard for the same company for 16 years?? Since I was laid off a year ago and received a huge severance at that time, I got a pretty small one this time. Today was my last official day in the office. So, back into job hunt mode we go. We knew one of us would have to face this as the company is in financial trouble, but we just never figured both of us would be facing this. It sucks, but we''ll be OK.

We still went for sushi and coffee as we figure we should while we still have some income.

Sorry for the shortness of this, but am just not in the mood to write anymore.
38.gif
23.gif
Rod, really really sorry to hear of that development. I know you''ll find something without much ado, and I hope you can be kind to yourselves in the interim.

I know it''s a stinky situation, but I hope this brings new and better opportunities your way.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 8:21:52 PM
Author: monarch64
Welll....Rod....since you brought up job loss.....Dh and I are in the same boat as you and Charlie. There, I said it. Long story short: right after New Year''s I was given my ''pink slip'' from my job because the store owner couldn''t afford to have two full timers after a lackluster December, and DH''s boss is retiring and selling his company and no longer requires his services. DH''s news came exactly one week after mine. We are not entirely shocked about either job loss, but the two together have us reeling and we are having to make major changes in our lifestyle.

Rod, we will just have to keep our chins up and stay positive, and of course commiserate a bit here! I''m so sorry to hear of your news...just as sorry as I am about ours really. DH and I are really trying to look at this as another door opening in life...he had been with his company for over 7 years and things were starting to get a little stale, and I thought I had found my dream job but unfortunately that didn''t work out either, so we''re just taking it one day at a time and focusing on supporting each other and moving forward. You and Charlie have my best wishes and I''m sending positive vibes your way, you''re both talented and valuable individuals and you''ll each find new jobs that you love in no time. Also I hope your sushi was 100% fabulous tonight and I hear you on eating well while you still have income...I''m saving our restaurant gift certificate from Christmas in case we end up down and out, LOL!

Sorry for the threadjack...Mara, stay warm in MN. Lorelei, great opener on thinking about hunger in a positive manner. Steph, glad you had a great cruise! Skippy, 40 degrees sounds downright balmy! Hi Sharon, Appletini, Phoenix, DeeJay, and Kimi! Keep up the great work!
35.gif
Awwwwwwww, damn, Mon. I know you really enjoyed that job initially, and I haven''t been in here much to follow the progress, but I''ll keep you and your DH in my thoughts right along with Rod/Charlie. Will be trucking the PS fairy dust out to all corners.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2008 12:47:21 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 1/21/2008 8:21:52 PM
Author: monarch64
Welll....Rod....since you brought up job loss.....Dh and I are in the same boat as you and Charlie. There, I said it. Long story short: right after New Year''s I was given my ''pink slip'' from my job because the store owner couldn''t afford to have two full timers after a lackluster December, and DH''s boss is retiring and selling his company and no longer requires his services. DH''s news came exactly one week after mine. We are not entirely shocked about either job loss, but the two together have us reeling and we are having to make major changes in our lifestyle.

Rod, we will just have to keep our chins up and stay positive, and of course commiserate a bit here! I''m so sorry to hear of your news...just as sorry as I am about ours really. DH and I are really trying to look at this as another door opening in life...he had been with his company for over 7 years and things were starting to get a little stale, and I thought I had found my dream job but unfortunately that didn''t work out either, so we''re just taking it one day at a time and focusing on supporting each other and moving forward. You and Charlie have my best wishes and I''m sending positive vibes your way, you''re both talented and valuable individuals and you''ll each find new jobs that you love in no time. Also I hope your sushi was 100% fabulous tonight and I hear you on eating well while you still have income...I''m saving our restaurant gift certificate from Christmas in case we end up down and out, LOL!

Sorry for the threadjack...Mara, stay warm in MN. Lorelei, great opener on thinking about hunger in a positive manner. Steph, glad you had a great cruise! Skippy, 40 degrees sounds downright balmy! Hi Sharon, Appletini, Phoenix, DeeJay, and Kimi! Keep up the great work!
35.gif
Awwwwwwww, damn, Mon. I know you really enjoyed that job initially, and I haven''t been in here much to follow the progress, but I''ll keep you and your DH in my thoughts right along with Rod/Charlie. Will be trucking the PS fairy dust out to all corners.
LOL, yes AlJ, I really, really enjoyed that job, it was really something I lucked into and was 95% happy with everyday (of course like anything I found 5% of it to b*tch about, ha) but honestly it was a shock when I had to leave a few weeks ago...I actually hugged both the owner and my store manager goodbye, and had the part timers and other full timer calling me to make sure I was ok the week after I was "canned." I went back a week after that to retrieve some belongings of mine and my last paycheck and experienced the same warm welcome, which was weird but good...no bridges have been burned, and I left with the understanding that they would give me a reference/recommendation, so it''s all good. It was a great opportunity that i made the most of and the experience was helpful to me in so many ways, and I know that I contributed a lot to that business and that they will vouch for that. DH is leaving a similar situation...his ex-boss was like a second father to him and he''s not burning bridges either, so we still have lots of support as far as our personal networks. Neither of us will probably ever find jobs like those again, and we are definitely facing a challenge as far as finding something with benefits and similar pay so we don''t have to make really drastic cutbacks in the short term, but with the state of the economy who knows. My new favorite "word" is "Sucktastic." I use it in reference to everything negative in life...it''s not really me to be negative at all, but I''m letting myself be a little down at the moment and I think that''s understandable. Thanks AlJ for your concern and fairy dust...we can sure use it, and Rod and Charlie are more than welcome to any excess that falls off the truck we receive.

Rod...what do you think...we get one week on the WWT to yak about this job loss stuff? Is it like announcing pregnancy, and then you''re relegated to a separate thread? Maybe we should start a thread for people who are ready for a new job or career...no offense to anyone who''s pg...just brainstorming about how we can segue the job loss out of the WWT into some other place here so as not to disrupt the WWT as it is...
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod and Monnie, I am so sorry to hear this news, but I KNOW this is an opening and opportunity to better days ahead and new success that you will all find. I will be rooting for you all every step of the way and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Hang in there my good friends, new and better opportunities are right around the corner!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Monnie. I am so sorry to hear of your news too. You sound like you left on excellent terms though and I''m sure they will give you a wonderful reference based on how great of an employee you were. Sending hugs to both you and Rod....hopefully things will turn around quickly.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 8:12:30 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Steph -- I don''t post much on this thread, but lurk all the time! I love reading everyone''s tips and inspiration every week. I wanted to tell you that I have a Precor elliptical machine and treadmill and I love them! It''s the same brand they have in my gym too. I''ve had the elliptical for about two years now and my husband and I both use it all the time. We haven''t had any problems. I just got the treadmill for Christmas this year and I''ve been thrilled with it as well.

Thank you so much for the recommendation. I just did a search online and there are so many models. Do you happen to know which one you have? Thanks again!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Okay well so much for my happy weight post yesterday. I just had my maintain don''t gain weighout, and I''m starting to think that something is wrong with the scale.

11/07: 126 lbs 18% body fat
12/07: 124.5 lbs 17% body fat
1/22/08: 124.0 lbs and 21% body fat

My pounds went down which I thought would never happend, b/c I''ve been right on the 125 mark the last year or two, but that is a huge body fat fluctuation...I have even exercised more times this month than I did all of last month, I even wore the same pants as my first weighin. However the scale does use age as a factor and I had a b-day in december, so maybe that extra year messed it up. I''ll have to start being really good.

Rod & Monarch, Sorry to hear about your job loss, I wish both of your and your families bright futures.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, I checked my consumer reports and they recommend NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 for $1k but if you have almost $4k to spend the Precor 5.31. Hope that helps.

Marcy, great tips!
1.gif
Gosh you all are cold out there; stay warm!!!

Monarch, and Rod, you are in my prayers and hugs dearest friends.

Hello Lorelei, Kaleigh, Alj, Linda,Kimi, DeeJay, and Appletini!

Tonight is Muscle hour
1.gif
Have a great day and wonderful workout!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
rod and monnie, i'm so sorry to hear your news. life is so unkind sometimes. sending fairy dust and hugs to both of you.

hope everyone who is sick feels better soon as well.

as for me...i got so involved in cleaning on sunday that i never made it to the gym. but i figure it's ok since i was moving all around and up and down the stairs for several hours, so it's not as if i sat on my bum all day! i also tackled weeding out the linen closet, so glad that is done. yesterday i was swamped at work and ended up staying until almost 9pm, so no workout - i had to skip my zumba class.
7.gif
and today i have a haircut right after work, so i probably won't go to the gym today either, but i would like to bike at home in the evening.

food yesterday was a pumpkin muffin, half a tomato basil mozzarella sandwich and carrots from cosi (catered lunch meeting), and some sauteed garlic shrimp and veggies. i also snacked on a granola bar, apple, and a mini popcorn bag. today i've got a pumpkin muffin, lean cuisine, and skim latte. dinner will be some mix of leftovers that need to be used up - tuna, spinach, not sure what else!

have a good one!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Steph- the link to the "happy weight". do you have to register for it to work? I am not registered and I don''t see any numbers when I calculate!
33.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Golden, I don''t think it makes you log in or register....look toward the middle of the page for a box that say''s "What''s your Happy Weight". Then right under that box is where you plug in your numbers. Hope this helps!

golden

Shiny_Rock
I had to turn my pop up blocker off to get the number!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Rod and Monnie (and Charlie and Monnie''s DH), I''m so sorry to hear about your jobs. Seems like quite the trend these days
7.gif
. On a positive note, though, it sounds like you are are all very well qualified and should have no problems getting fabulous jobs elsewhere. I''ve taken the last week to get things in order and move, but I''m starting up the job hunt again today.

Speaking of moving, it''s pretty much done! There''s a couple pieces of furniture that Kris and I need to put up on Craigslist, but all the heavy lifting (literally) is finished and at this point it''s mostly just doing a run to the recycling center and organizing a few last things. Yay!

I went for a 2 mile run this morning and MAN. I forgot how much hills take it out of me. I ended up walking about 1/3 of the time, but still did it in about 20 minutes, so that wasn''t too bad. I do feel really out of shape, though, considering that I used to run cross country and track in high school. I''ve been doing well about eating breakfast every morning (Kashi Go Lean with lowfat milk and a small glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice)--my next resolution is to be better about drinking water during the day. Now if only I can get used to Santa Barbara tap water again...ugh. At least we have a brita filter.

I hope everyone has a good week--thanks to this group for being such a great support system!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 11:16:44 AM
Author: golden
I had to turn my pop up blocker off to get the number!!!

Oh, good! Glad you got it to work!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

This silly cold has finally hit me hard. I had some school issues to deal with and an errand to run early this morning but am sticking close to home the rest of the day. We have play tickets for tonight, but we''ll switch them to next week.

Monnie and Rod, we all talk about our personal lives here; no need to move the conversation to a different thread, unless you want to. Well, that''s my opinion anyway.

Marcy, Phoenix was a nice getaway. Glad you''re happy with the bathroom.

Apple, bummer about the scale. I don''t trust mine that supposedly counts body fat. It changes every day, it''s crazy!

Way to go on the run, pirate.

I''m going to hit the couch (and perhaps go back to sleep, I''ve been up since 4:30).

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Feel better, Kimberly!

Have you tried Zicam? Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I take that and it seems to ward it off.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Rod and Monnie -- I''m so sorry that you are both getting slammed like this. This sort of thing is a real blow sometimes, and can bring a lot of worries and anxiety. However, like so many have noted, you are both positive, talented, capable, strong people (as are, I''m sure, Charlie and Mr. Monnie). You will all land on your feet and we''ll all be here cheering you on!

To all who are feeling under the weather -- feel better!

I''ve been MIA getting ready for our party. Baking like a fool, cleaning, etc. Am now doing the short 15 minute aerobic workouts on the elliptical 2-3 or 4 times a day. I actually prefer that. Also doing the bowflex 2-3 times a week (no ab work, listening to my body, lighter weights, etc.)

I noted to DH last night that I don''t feel I''ve had to modify my eating habits at all (except, of course, caffeine and alcohol). It helps.

My positive vibes are going out to everyone...whether ya want em or not!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 12:30:49 PM
Author: ladypirate
Feel better, Kimberly!

Have you tried Zicam? Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I take that and it seems to ward it off.
I usually take Airborne, but we're out, so I'm taking Emergen-C (or however they spell it). This has been a long time coming, I've been feeling slightly sick and then more sick and then slightly sick, etc. since Christmas, it just decided now was the time for me to really get sick. The airplane pro'ly exacerbated what was already floating around in my body.

Thanks for the feel better wishes! I'm working in a tough classroom tomorrow, so I'm resting today to get better so I'll be ready.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock

Steph – I will check tonight at home, but I think we bought the least expensive models (around $2000-2500). My theory is that Precor is pretty much “gym quality” already and I didn’t need all the extra “bells and whistles” for a home machine. For example, when I was considering the treadmill, the sales person tried to sell me a $3700 machine and kept talking about all the electronic programs. For my workouts, I turn it on and run (maybe adjusting the speed one or two times throughout the workout). I don’t need all the programs. The same is true (at least for me) with the elliptical machine. I usually do the “glut” program and try to keep it at the highest incline/intensity while maintaining the same heart rate as running.

I will check tonight and post the particular model numbers.

Also, go to a store and really try out the machines. I didn’t spend a lot of time on the ones I bought because I use precor equipment at the gym all the time. I did run on the treadmill for a good 15 minutes in the store. I would not hesitate to wear exercise clothes and REALLY test the machines at the store!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod and Monnie, I am thinking of you today, Charlie and Mr. Monnie too. I hope things get better and soon!!!!!!!!

Hi Marcy.
35.gif
I am so Proud of you. I read how you reached 170, you must be less than that by now. You are my hero!!!!!!!!

DJ, I hope your nasty cold is gone soon.

Hi Skippy, Lorelei, Kimberly and all
35.gif

Not much to report on this thread, just busy taking care of my Mazie.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for all the hugs, fairy dust, love and sympathy!! And thanks Kimberly for offering to let us keep our woes on the WWT, as opposed to creating another thread to wallow in self-pity!! I promise to get back to discussing healthy, happier topics soon. As a matter of fact, I'm going to head to the gym soon. The last time I was laid off, the gym was my sanctuary and I will let it be again. At least I'll be able to work out during the afternoon, when it's waaaay less busy there!

I didn't sleep well last night and I took 4 Slimply Sleep (Tylenol PM without the Tylenol, just the PM part) AND I drank a beer and still didn't rest much. Today, I'm dragging a bit and unlike the first time I was struck by lightning (remember they laid me off in 2006, then rehired me in 2007), where I was just so shocked and hurt, this time, I'm just plain angry that I was in a position to be struck by lightning a second time. Otherwise, I'm not in horrible spirits and I'm sure Charlie and I will sort our way through this, as will Monnie and her HH. We don't want to have to sell our condo, and we're not in dire straights financially, so we're going to take some time on that subject too.

ladypirate, I'm glad the move is going so well and yay for a 2 mile run in the middle of all this. We're lucky that Florida is flat flat flat and I don't have to deal with hills when running. I know I wrote you about your layoff recently, but I believe it was in the super long post that I lost. So, if I haven't commented about it, please know that I have been thinking about you and now you know you're in really good company on the unemployment line!

Kimberly, I'm so sorry you have gotten sicker. Jewish Poppa Rod says...........Chicken Soup, rest and lot's of fluids.

Jas, I hope your party is fabulous. I'm sure you're the 'entertainginist' host there is!!

Hey Alj, niice to hear from you and thanks. Thanks also to my friends Marcy, Lorelei, appletini, shortblonde, and LindaW.

Hey Steph, lot's of good recommendations for an elliptical. As the elliptical king around these parts, you know I suggested LifeFitness. I've tried just about all of them. For me, (it's obviously a personal preference), Precor didn't have as natural a feel as the LifeFitness machines. The gym we belonged to in Raleigh had Precor and LifeFitness and often the Precor machines were simply unused and but over 20 LifeFitness machines, there was often a wait for one of them. Our current gym only has the 9500 series LifeFitness machines, which are the higher end ones and the last time I priced them over $3,000 dollars. But, if I was going to buy one to use just about every day at home, I would spend the money for the LifeFitness (again just my personal preference) as to me, they offer the most natural feel. Dancingqueen offered the best advice, test test test them in the store and go with the one that really feels right for you. Just make sure whatever store you to to has a really good variety to test out (like avoid Sports Authority).

Thanks again to you all. Rod has left the building and is heading to the gym!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results