shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st Jan till 27th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, I looked at my CReports again and Lifefitness is up at the top w/the other 2 CR suggested!

Rod, have a great workout and hope you sleep well. Thinking of you and Charlie!

Kimi, get better, sleep and lots of fluids helps me; I want to resist rest when I am sick but it helps. Hope you feel better soon sweetie!

Linda, I am thinking of your sweet dog and hoping for a speedy recovery! Hugs.

Jas, yay for the workouts you healthy preggo cutie! You and Mrs. Salvo rock and your baby's are gonna love ya for it!

SB, sorry you didn't get to do your workout.

Lady, yay for the run, who hoo!

Dancingqueen, welcome and stick around, please!

It is absolutely gorgeous outside; I had to run some errands and the sun is shinning and it's warm outside! Hope it sticks around; I am looking forward to muscle hour and not having to bundle up so much to go to the gym, yay! Have a good day and great workout. Hugs to everyone who is sick or just needs one!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...thanks so much for the elliptical recommendations. I think I will just head over to the store to check them out in person. A few of the houses we were checking out had gyms in the neighborhood clubhouses with all the equipment, so we might wait until we make a decision. It would be sort of a waste of $$ if we could use one for free. Anyway, Andrew and I are off to walk the dog. Hope everyone''s having a good day!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you sweet Skippy. We are taking good care of Mazie. I posted a picture of her, under my thread.

Linda

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Steph - the models I have are the EFX 5.17 elliptical and the 9.23T treadmill. The elliptical is over 2 years old so the model numbers are probably different now.

I wanted to add that I absolutely love having this equipment at home. I have a tv and dvd set up and I watch "junk" tv to help the time pass. It''s so easy to run for 30 minutes when I''m watching an episode of Sex and the City (that I have already seen 100 times!) I drive my husband crazy with my tv choices, but it makes my cardio workouts a little more enjoyable.

Speaking of tv, does anyone have any good tv series recommendations that I can order from Netflix? I''ve already been through Gray''s Anatomy, The OC, Dawson''s Creek and, of course, my old standy-by is my SATC DVD set. I guess my choices are kind of lame with the teen dramas, but I really am looking for mindless entertainment!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for sunshine and warmth Skippy!! I guess you should enjoy it while it lasts, as it appears another blast of winter air is heading south.

I got to the gym about 3:30. And it really is my solace. I just immersed myself in my workout and since it wasn''t crowded and I was all on my own, with no schedule to keep, I became the energizer bunny and just kept going and going and going. The next thing I knew, Charlie was coming in and it was 5:45 and I hadn''t even made it to the elliptical yet. So, I got on the elliptical and did my usual intense 35 minutes, traveling more than 4.5 miles and according to the calorie''s burned, I burned 576 calories. What was really nice was not thinking about my job situation for almost 3 hours, which is a really good thing!

Then, I went to Starbucks and sat outside under the oak and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and stopped by the natural tart frozen yogurt place for take home treats for after dinner.

I''ll be all by myself for a couple days. Charlie''s family is visiting Orlando, so he''s going over there tomorrow and won''t be home until Friday night. I could go with him, but I''m not up to it and we really don''t have anyone to care for our kitties, so Rod will stay home.

I guess that''s about all I can think of. Have a great night everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 9:09:27 PM
Author: Rod
Yay for sunshine and warmth Skippy!! I guess you should enjoy it while it lasts, as it appears another blast of winter air is heading south.

I got to the gym about 3:30. And it really is my solace.
Rod, I am glad you had a good workout and it took your mind off things. The kitty's will be glad to have their poppa. You are right another storm is on it's way; I think I will take advantage of walking outdoors tomorrow but come Thurs comes cold. We are suppose to get snow by the weekend too. Glad you sat under the oak tree w/your treat. I wish you sweet dreams tonight!

Dancingqueen, I love King of Queens, that show cracks me up till I cry/laugh so hard, also I love the New Adventures of the Old Christine (not sure if that is on dvd) and the Office.

Linda, I posted you a note in your thread; I have Masie in my thoughts and she is just darling.

Marcy, hey there sweetie!!!!!

Steph, yay for you, Andrew and the pup going for a walk, sounds fun!!!!

I had a good workout for muscle hour today!!! Not sure what I am eating for dinner! Off to figure that out; have a great evening all
35.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 8:23:44 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Speaking of tv, does anyone have any good tv series recommendations that I can order from Netflix? I've already been through Gray's Anatomy, The OC, Dawson's Creek and, of course, my old standy-by is my SATC DVD set. I guess my choices are kind of lame with the teen dramas, but I really am looking for mindless entertainment!

What about Scrubs? That's always a fun light show. Also, 24 always makes for gripping tv AND you'll work out for a whole hour!

My favorite show of all time is still Arrested Development. Although it might be TOO funny to run to--I remember one time I literally fell out of bed because I was laughing so hard!

Linda, I saw your thread about your pup--I'm so sorry it happened, but that's great that she can still see!

Rod, thanks for the well-wishes. I appreciate it immensely. It sounds like the gym is a great refuge for you. Enjoy taking care of the kitties and having some you time.

Skippy, I have to say I always like your posts--you always have such positive energy, it's great. And I totally second you on the office. That show is awesome.

I had a very productive day today despite the rain--updated my resume, did the grocery shopping for the week, did a TON of laundry, made enchilada sauce to use tomorrow, and am just off to pull dinner out of the oven. Roast Chicken with Roast Potatoes and an Arugula and Sweet Pepper Salad, yum! I think running first thing in the morning turns me into superwoman or something.
3.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock

Speaking of tv, does anyone have any good tv series recommendations that I can order from Netflix? I've already been through Gray's Anatomy, The OC, Dawson's Creek and, of course, my old standy-by is my SATC DVD set. I guess my choices are kind of lame with the teen dramas, but I really am looking for mindless entertainment!
MTV's THE HILLS season 1 and 2 are out and of course BRAVO'S The Real Housewives of OC, I only see season 1 so far, I cannot wait to watch the season finale tonight! And then in March, The Real Housewives of NYC will start. I really like Gossip Girl. but it's not on DVD, but I think they are rerunning them during the writers strike, you can tivo them all (if you have tivo) and then watch them!
35.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 9:47:13 PM
Author: golden

Speaking of tv, does anyone have any good tv series recommendations that I can order from Netflix? I''ve already been through Gray''s Anatomy, The OC, Dawson''s Creek and, of course, my old standy-by is my SATC DVD set. I guess my choices are kind of lame with the teen dramas, but I really am looking for mindless entertainment!

MTV''s THE HILLS season 1 and 2 are out and of course BRAVO''S The Real Housewives of OC, I only see season 1 so far, I cannot wait to watch the season finale tonight! And then in March, The Real Housewives of NYC will start. I really like Gossip Girl. but it''s not on DVD, but I think they are rerunning them during the writers strike, you can tivo them all (if you have tivo) and then watch them!
35.gif

Speaking of shows they''re rerunning during the strike, I absolutely ADORE Chuck on NBC. It reminds me of Get Smart.

golden

Shiny_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I placed my order for girl scout cookies this evening! 2 boxes of thin mints which I shall put in the freezer, which we always do, 2 boxes of the new 100 calorie pack cookies, and 1 box of something else that sounds good with tea. I will eat them in moderation...I will eat them in moderation...I will eat them in moderation.............................

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been on PS much lately, as I am taking an academic class and a fun art class in addition to work and most of my computer leisure time has to be spent on class reading!

BUT... I just saw Rod's bad job news and Monnie's too. Just wanted to say I am thinking of you guys and your sig others and hoping that even better jobs come your way in no time flat.

Also, Rod, sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated!

And, JAS!!! Congrats on your pregnancy! How exciting!

I had a phone convo with a trainer I met w/ last month (my mom's trainer) and wanted to share a few tips she gave me:

- aim for 3 weights workouts a week for building muscle - crucial for metabolism increase. If pressed for time, just do the lat pulldown, seated row, squats, and lunges. You will hit the main muscle groups. Of course it is better to do more isolated exercises too if you have time. She says 15 reps, 3 sets each exercise if time permits
- do core and stretching on cardio and weights days
- alternate upper body weights w/ lower body (during the same workout) so the muscle groups can rest in between
- she suggests doing free weights on your own, not in a class, so you can go at your own pace and focus on form
- she suggests a morning snack of raw fruit and a pm snack of raw veggies. In addition eat some protein an hour before your workout. And, don't skip bkfst!!
- don't snack late at night b/c your body cannot burn the calories plus digestion interferes with good sleep quality. If you must have something, have something easy to digest
- a walk after dinner aids your digestion also
- she recommends cardio intervals, and doing 20 min per machine for 3 machines. For me, since I exercise 6 days a week, she has me doing 3 weights days and 3 cardio days. If I want I can do add'l cardio on the weights days, and I should do a few min of cardio to warm up and cool down the muscles around my weights workout
- Luna bars are her favorite protein bars - most nutritius for least cals
- She says recommends a low fat diet for everyone - even if "good" fats, eliminate as many as you can (I'm sure there is a minimum recommended threshold you shouldn't go below - but she says most ppl get plenty)

That's all I can think of - maybe this will help someone. I felt a tad bit talked down to, b/c these are things I pretty much already knew from years of reading Shape and Self and being on the WWT, but it is good to hear it again I guess, and some of the tips were new and good.

on the topic of ellipticals - I am actually not a fan of the lifefitness, at least the model we have at my gym. I think they are better for shorter ppl. My legs want to go in a bigger circle than the machine allow (I am tall). It is just not a natural motion for me and I don't feel I am getting my best workout. Most ppl seem to like them though. My old gym had precor and I liked them much better. Steph, maybe you can find out if a nearby gym has the models you are looking at and go try them out before you buy one? My friend bought a professional precor for about $3000 and she loves it. Not sure which model though. For me, I'd rather pay the gym fees and use theirs, but with a child maybe it is better to have it at home where you can use it anytime.

Keep on w/ the good work WWTers!!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tv recommendations everyone. Ladypirate, I LOVE 24. I wish I haven''t already seen every season! Golden, I do have Tivo... I''ll check out Gossip Girl.

BTW, Rod and Monarch -- Sorry about your job situations. Hope wonderful new opportunities come your way soon!

Steph, I''m not sure if I have ever really used Life Fitness equipment. I''m going to my gym tomorrow and I''ll see if they have any and, if so, try them out.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad muscle hour was good Skippy!!

Hey Gail.......I''ve missed you! Nice to hear from you and thanks for the kind words and of course the always welcome points from your trainer!! I hope to see you more often! It''s funny how personal ellipticals are. You like precor and maybe that does work better for someone who is tall. I''m a short fellow, maybe that''s why LifeFitness seems more natural to me???

And thanks for your kind thoughts too Dancingqueen!

ladypirate, your dinner sounds to drool for!!

Night night everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. It looks like we might be in the 40’s here this weekend. I think I’ll go buy a bikini! Ha Ha.
I just got done walking on my TM. I walked .80 miles tonight and burned 150 calories in 32 minutes. I got my new Saucony running shoes and my feet are so happy with them. Yeah!
Monnie, I like your word and can certainly understand you being a little down. I was thinking of you and Rod all day but I know you guys will find great jobs and I will be happy to cheer you on. I don’t mind a bit if you want to talk about it on the WWT thread; I am very concerned and am very interested in how both of you are doing.
Appletini, yeah for the scale going down.
Skippy, I hope you had fun at muscle hour. I am glad to hear you are having a nice day there. Tomorrow we have high’s in the 20’s then we’ll gradually warm up for a few days.
Shortblonde, I think cleaning the house is a workout and it’s always so rewarding to have a nice, clean house.
Steph, my happy weight is my goal weight so that was good to see.
Golden, you are braver than I am to order thin mints. Eat some for me.
Ladypirate, I am glad you are finishing up moving. Yeah for a great run today.
Kimi, sorry to hear your cold is such a stinker. Rest up and I hope you feel better.
Jas, it sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. Have fun getting ready for your party.
Linda, I have been stuck at 179 for what seems like forever! Thank you for the kind words about me; I appreciate it. Take care and I am sorry to hear about Mazie.
Rod, I am glad you can focus on working out to help distract you from things. I was thinking of you all day. I hope you sleep better tonight. I know you’ll enjoy some quality time with the kitties.
TanDogMom, it sounds like you are really busy. Thanks for the great tips.
DancingQueen, good luck finding some great DVD’s to watch.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
Marcy
http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all!

Way to go on the walk, Marcy!

Gail, we miss you.

I''m feeling about the same this morning but have had a job lined up for a few weeks now and don''t want to disappoint the teacher, who I like very much, so I''m going.

The scale is finally headed in the right direction at 128.2 this weigh in Wednesday. Considered I splurged all weekend that''s not too bad. It pro''ly helps that I am not in the least bit hungry. John made salad, chicken and brussel sprouts for dinner and I ate about 1/2 of each. Ice cream feels so good on my throat that I had a bit after dinner.

Have a great day all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I can quit whining now - I made it to minus 142 pounds as I weighed 178.8 this morning. I''m getting there, slowly but surely, ounce by ounce.
36.gif

Have a great day my WWT friends.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Linda and all!

Also Rod, I don''t mind one bit you discussing your job hunt and stuff here, we are family, and it is still relevant and inspirational to show that it is still important to make time to take care of yourself, even when life intrudes.

OMG Marcy, I am so delighted for you!!! That is AWESOME!!! Many congratulations on your incredible achievement!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Sad...I forgot to bring my workout clothes today and the weather is cold and rainy so walking after work isn''t even an option. And I have my bookclub tonight which means all kinds of yummy goodness to induldge in...but at I am going to try to limit myself to one glass of wine.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi all!

rod and monnie, i''m chiming in late here, but i am very sorry to hear about the job losses. my sister got laid off last fall from a company she had been with for 10 years and had an excellent performance record with....actually the meeting where she got laid off was supposed to be a meeting to discuss her raise. you just never know anymore. anyway, i hope that you find your path and i am sure it will only bring good things for both of you!

i am in India now. i actually have been watching the "financial fallout" from another perpective which is really interesting. the folks over here really do react to how the US is doing fiscally. it''s been a hot topic around the office over here.

i am taking a few days off from working out since i am working day hours in the office and night hours to stay up to speed on my US projects, so i won''t have time to workout until the weekend. i will get to do my marathon training long run saturday - already have the treadmill pinned down! and i have really been calorie low here. i''m not in a super nice part of india this week so the local food is questionable at best. i did have a spicy noodle dish today that was quite good though. ironically there is a pizza hut in my office building! i don''t even know why i was surprised....when i was in the UK there was a McD''s right across from Windsor palace. all of my fantasies about these exotic places are so off
3.gif

skippy: good thing you mentioned the Taj being closed. i was planning on going this saturday and it is closed due to their national holiday. that would have been a long 4 hour drive if it was closed!

steph: i like the precor and the lifefitness ellipticals. depends on what mood i am in, but they definitely both have a different feel to them.

kimberly: hope you kick that nasty cold!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
to add to the elliptical conversation - i am a shortie and i prefer precors, so height is not really the answer for the differing preferences! i was thinking about getting an elliptical about a year ago, and i learned that precor and life fitness are designed differently. precors are walking mimics, so your heel doesn''t come up off the pedal, while life fitness machines are running mimics and your heel lifts up on each stride. different people are more comfortable with one or the other, so it is important to try out both.

marcy - way to go on your workout and losing more weight. your patience and good spirits about the process are inspiring!

my heart rate monitor arrived last night, so i will wear it to the gym today for the first time. i am also curious to wear it to dance class tomorrow and see how much i really burn! not sure if i will attempt a little running today or not - i would like to give it another go, but i don''t want to overdo my ankle with 2 toughworkouts right in a row. we''ll see. i will do the elliptical for sure.

have a good one, all!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I am not a rider but I wish I were so I''m very excited about your new horse thread!

Rod and Monarch, I was very sad to hear the news about your jobs. It''s so scary to see how the snowball effect on the economy is affecting people in so many ways. I wish you both (and Rod and Monarch''s DH) lots of luck in finding bigger and better opportunities! FI is also petrified about finding a job. He''s in business school and they''ve been interviewing for summer internships (which usually end up being full-time positions after graduation) without any luck. He says that the availability of positions just depends on the economy and he may just have the unfortunate luck of being in a bad year.

Mara, if I had some cookies right now, I would share with you. After reading Alj''s thread, you''ve pushed the sharing button in me and that makes me really happy. heehee.

I got my butt kicked by the trainer this past Monday. I confessed to her that I have been eating like I''m not trying to lose weight, and therefore...I have not been making any progress despite my time at the gym. She made me do these crazy pushups while holding onto a balance board, then twisting the balance board after each pushup. Oof. I am sore. After she showed me what she wanted me to do, I looked at her like "are you kidding me?!", but I was able to do two sets of 10...so maybe I am getting stronger after all!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just stopping by for a quick hello.

Dancingqueen, thanks for looking for me. I''m sure watching tv makes it go by so much faster!

Rod, I''m so proud of you for continuing your workout routine even going through such a hard time. You are truly committed to your healty lifestyle, so major kudos to you!

Golden, I didn''t know they had 100 cal packs of gs cookies....hmmm, I wll have to check it out!

Linda, hope you and your puppy are doing well

Marcy, way to go on minus 142...that is unbelievable!

Kimi, hope you feel better!

Hi, TanDog, Tdiddy, Shortblonde, Apple, Skippy, CJ, Lorelei, and Ladypirate
35.gif

It has been really good getting back into the groove of things. I really think my weightloss is directly related to keeping a food journal. It seems like everytime I keep track and stay w/in my calorie range, I lose so quickly. I have a wedding to be in in June, and for the first time of being a bridesmaid,I am looking forward to standing up there in front of everyone! Hopefully I can get down to my "happy weight" by then....only 3 lbs. away, so it shouldn''t be a problem. Hope everyone is having a great day!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Argh, I''m still sick. Two plus weeks of being run down is wearing on my nerves. I almost cried when one of my students was a typical teenager and was snarky with me because I had put in a zero for a test he didn''t make up from December 13, implying that I was the one at fault (oh, you''re right, you get an automatic 100 for never making up a test that is posted on my website . . . he was even present the class before the test
20.gif
). Luckily I recovered and gave him a firm talking to. Last night I just cried for no reason. Maybe I will cry out the bacteria?

So, I''m on another antibiotic. Apparently my test from two weeks ago showed strep and staph (all I can find about staph infections are to do with the skin -- I don''t think I have that problem). So maybe I still have the old bacteria. Or maybe I got new bacteria. Or maybe it''s just a virus this time, but after two and a half weeks I just couldn''t bear the thought of waiting another week for the lab results. I''ll be sure to eat lots of yoghurt.

I''m also taking off the rest of the week.

So all the times when I''ve been "Yay, I''m getting better!" were just wishful thinking. I''m achy and tired and congested and alternately hot and cold.

No working out for the time being . . .

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got back from a 3.5 mile walk; it was nice and sunny today and a high of 55. I thought I would take advantage of the nice weather since tomorrow is suppose to snow, but who knows (let's hope the weather people are wrong).
2.gif
I am sore from so many squats yesterday and my arms are a bit sore too, yay! Today I ran around town trying to find a nice pack n play for my cousins baby shower; I found one a Target. I love shopping there. heehee Also, I met hubby and his coworker for lunch which made a nice happy day.
9.gif

Ladypirate, thanks, I am very happy you like my posts. Yay for prepping dinner and running! Go, superwoman go!!!! hehee

Golden, yay for moderation! Hey Appletini, darn for forgetting your clothes.

Gail, great to see you and thanks for all the tips!!!!

Rod, hope you had a great workout just like you and thinking about you friend!
Marcy, whoo hoo for new shoes; I just got a pair and they are so comfy! Yay for your walkies and weight loss!!!
36.gif

Kimberly & PHX, hope you get better soon.
12.gif

Tdiddy, hey to you in India; darn for the Taj being closed. Hope you have a good one and yay for your run!!!

SB, yay for working out!

CrownJ, glad you got a great workout Monday!!

Hey Lorelei!

Steph, I totally agree w/keeping a journal, I think we don't realize how much we eat until we journal. Yay and you will look great by the wedding!

Have a great evening all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening everyone. I am excited to know we will be warming up for the next few days. Yippee. I think I’ll wear my new red coat tomorrow.
We had an all team meeting at work today and the prize for the winning members of “Biggest Loser” team includes a HD TV. I raised my hand and asked if they could make it retroactive to last year and got some good laughs out of that. The director said no because no one else would stand a chance. Ha Ha.
Kimi, sorry you aren’t feeling much better but that is nice of you to go help that teacher. Ice cream is always good when your throat is sore.
Lorelei, thank you very much for your kind words and all the happy faces. I was about that excited and animated when I finally saw the scale make it to 178.
36.gif

Appletini, I hope you have fun at your book club tonight.
Tdiddy, it sounds like you have a very busy week. That’s funny to have a Pizza Hut right there.
Shortblonde, thank you for the nice compliment. I will be interested to hear how the heart rate monitor works out for you. Good luck with your ankle.
CrownJewel, it sounds like your trainer really gave you a great workout. Yippee!
Thanks, Steph. I find it pretty unbelievable myself. I am so excited to hear you are within 3 pounds of your happy weight. You’ll be there long before that wedding in June.
PhoenixGirl, sorry to hear the test results on you; no wonder you feel so poorly. I hope the new antibiotics knock that stuff right out of you and that you feel great again soon.
Skippy, I am so glad you had such a nice day for a lovely walk. I am glad you got some new comfy shoes too. Thanks for the being excited for me.
Have a great evening!
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening All,

Marcy, I bet you''ll look so great in your new red coat!

Thanks for the well wishes, Skip.

I''m still sick. Had a good day at work but came home with no energy to workout. Those kids wear me out. I have jobs lined up for the rest of the week, will see how I feel regarding working out. I have a nasty cough and it makes it hard to breath.

John made pork enchiladas for dinner, yummy!

Have a great night all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today wasn''t the best day. While I slept better last night, it just all sort of came crushing down on me that Oh My God, we''re soon going to be without any income. So I spent the day job hunting and started sending out feelers and who knows maybe something will come along sooner than later. But, I''m just feeling glum and angry and depressed and anxious all rolled into one headache. And on top of that, I couldn''t muster the energy to go to the gym either. That will stop effective tomorrow and I will go then. I guess giving my muscles a day''s rest after my three hour marathon workout yesterday wasn''t a bad thing anyway. Sorry for being Rod Downer. Things will improve one way or the other. Enough whining. I don''t want a pity party and I certainly don''t want the be the pity king. Aggggggghhhhhhhh

Yay for increasing the distance you walked Marcy. You keep it up and I''m glad your new shoes worked out well. Also YAY YAY YAY for minus 142 lbs. You are amazing!!

I''m sorry you''re not feeling better Kimberly, but I am glad the scale gods are cooperating better. I hope your day in school went well today.

Sorry you couldn''t work out Appletini....

Thanks Lorelei!!

And thanks tdiddy. I hope you are doing well in India. It''s not a country I''ve ever felt the urge to visit, but I''m sure it can be fascinating none-the-less. Funny about having a Pizza Hut in the lobby of your building there. It''s not what one would have thought??

SB, maybe that''s why I didn''t like the Precor machines. I get foot cramps if I keep my feet flat and unmoving too long, whereas LifeFitness machines have me moving my feet, so that''s one reason it feels more natural to me. It is somewhat like running, but without any of the hard impact. Thanks!

Thanks Crown for the kind words. It is a tough economy these days for sure. Here we are jobless and if the economy was better we could at least sell our condo, but the market in Tampa is beyond depressed and we can''t even do that. Tough times for sure.

Thanks for the praise Steph, but as you can see from above, Rod did not get his butt in the gym today.

Phoenix, I''m so sorry your not getting better. I hope the new medicine works better. You take care and get lot''s of rest.

Thanks for thinking of me Skippy, but no workout for moi today. I will be back in the gym tomorrow, I promise. And congrats on a 3.5 mile walk!! Being sore from squats is a good thing too!

I''m pretty tired, so I''m going to head off to bed. I hope you all had nice days today.

Rod will not whine tomorrow. Promise.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, my mom said I looked very thin in my red coat but she’s partial. Sorry to hear you feel so bad tonight. I hope you sleep well.
Rod, yay for starting the job search today. You just never know where you might find a good lead – maybe even talking to someone at the gym. Good luck PS dust is coming your way. I was going to walk on the TM again tonight but my DH wants me to only do it every other day so I got out my free weights and did them with some stretches. I almost got down on the floor for my leg stuff but got on the bed instead. I haven’t been on the floor in probably a decade – that might be another first I’ll be trying soon. I am sure I could get off the floor now but I think I’ll wait until I am having a good knee day. Thanks for the kind words, I am very excited about being minus 142. I hope your day is a brighter one tomorrow.
Sweet dreams!
35.gif

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to comment again on the elliptical discussion... As I mentioned, I have a Precor and my heels always come off the pedals. In fact, my hubby commented on that just the other day when he was stretching on the floor close to the machine. He thought my heels moved a lot more than his. I’ve never given it much thought. Again, I think you need to spend a fair amount of time on each of them to really know your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results