shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st Jan till 27th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
wow, it''s quiet around here!

rod and kimi, hope you are both feeling better today.

i was so mad last night, i got to the gym and changed into all my clothes, strapped on the heart rate monitor...only to find that i had forgotten my tennis shoes.
29.gif
i suppose it was just as well, since i had a raging headache and didn''t really feel like working out anyway, but man have i been a lazy slug this week! i went home and took some pics of my new bling instead.
31.gif
i WILL go to dance class tonight!

not too much else to report. off to a meeting...have a good one all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........still feeling depressed today big time, but I did sleep well last night. I have a raging headache today, which I''m sure is stress related. I''m definitely taking my aching head to the gym this afternoon and that usually helps get rid of a headache for me anyway. A company wants to talk to me this afternoon, but I don''t know why. They found my resume on Monster and it''s in a line of work that is not in my current experience and I think the job requires relocation, which I said was not a possibility at this time, but they said they still wanted to talk, so I''ll be happy to have a conversation with them. A former employee of mine heard about my job loss and thinks I should come work for his current company. The money would be decent, but it would be a major step backward in time to just be a technical recruiter. Maybe Rod should swallow his pride and just consider a lower level position that could provide a decent income...........

Marcy, that''s terrific that you looked so good in your Red Coat!! You stunner you!!

SB, it''s so aggravating when you get to the gym and realize you forgot something that would prevent you from working out. I hope you get the chance to try out your heart rate monitor soon. As you saw from above, I have found that exercise actually kills a headache. Maybe the endorphen release does it, but it has worked for me in the past.

dancingqueen, interesting that you find you do lift your heels on a Precor. I found I didn''t, but no two people are made the same, so your advice is the best, Steph or anyone looking to buy one should definitely try them out and hopefully for an extended period of time. At least Precor and LifeFitness are the two best ones out there!

I''ll check back in later. I would normally comment that tomorrow is Friday and say YAY, but these days, everyday is Friday for Rod.........LOL At least for you working people tomorrow if Friday and that''s a good thing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I came home for lunch today and had a PB sandwich on SL low cal bread, some baked lays and also a 100 cal can of coke. What a treat that was. I miss my daily coke but enjoy it better now that I rarely drink it.
Hi DancingQueen.
Shortblonde, sorry to hear you went all that way, got dressed then discovered you forgot your tennis shoes. I am sure that intensified your headache. I hope you feel better now. What pictures? What bling?
Rod, sorry to hear you are feeling blue today. That is great to hear you are already getting leads and an interview. Good luck with following up on them. Thanks for the compliment about my coat. I hope you had a great workout today and your headache went away. I am glad you slept well last night.
I’ll check in later tonight. I think I’ll suggest we go out to dinner tonight so it might be late.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! No workouts to report this week so far but I''m hoping to get one in tomorrow after going to preview a property at 10 am.

My weight has been bouncing around within the same one pound for a week though so I don''t feel too bad.

The HH is in D.C., but just for the day. His flight was at 7:00 am. He woke up at 5:56 and SOMEHOW MADE THE PLANE! There were a few redlights gone through on the way to the airport but fortunately there isn''t much traffic between us and the highway that early in the morning.

Rod, hang in there my friend! Once you get down to searching I''m sure a great job will pop up.

Marcy, good for you and the red coat!

I should respond to everyone else too but I have to go meet with a client in 20 minutes. Sorry--will catch up more later!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod sweetie,

I am sure a job will pop up for you soon, as well as for Charlie. Times are so bad right now I know, it just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!
14.gif
With your talent, as well as Charlie''s, I am positive some company will snap you both up in no time at all. It may take some time, but it will happen.

You may have to take a step backwards, just for awhile, maybe in a job you don''t like that well. But..... it will be just for a short time, until the right one comes along. I know, as this happened to my best friends husband last year. Now he is very happy in a position he loves.

Just keep the positive thoughts, even though it is very hard right now. You WILL have a GREAT job in the future, I just know it.

Love to you (mother) Linda (or should I say sister, being I am almost 6 years older then you. LOL

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

I am sure you looked beautiful in your red coat. You have lost a lot of weight and you are my hero.!!!!!
36.gif

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We did go out for dinner tonight. I just kind of felt like doing something special for a change because the reality is setting in that I am getting within about 30 pounds of my goal. I would never have thought this possible even when I started this journey let alone before I found the strength and motivation to do this. Tonight I ate some salad, ½ of a small steak, baked potato barely buttered and yes – part of a piece of cheesecake. I am going to walk on the TM after I post this to help burn off some of that cheesecake.
DeeJay, good thing there isn’t much traffic that early in the morning as it sounds like you guys raced to the airport. I did enjoy wearing my red coat today, thanks.
Linda, thanks for saying I am your hero. That means a lot of me. I must admit when I saw my reflection in the door walking in to work today in a red coat I thought “wow, I can’t believe that is me”. Tomorrow I’m back to wearing the too big subzero rated coat – it’s much warmer but not as fun to wear.
1.gif

Take care everyone. I’m off to the TM.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening All,

I''m still sick and today was a busy one at school. John''s order for the weekend is "rest!"

We had turkey chile and cornbread for dinner. I''m getting ready to crawl into bed at the pathetically early hour of 7:15. I''m going to try to hang on for at least another 45 minutes.

Rod, I''m so sorry you''re feeling down. Know that I''m thinking of you and sending lotsa fairy dust your way.

Skip, you asked how baby was doing last week and I forgot to reply. He had some trouble with heart rate for the first few days after surgery but it doing fantastic now and will be discharged tomorrow, much to the relief of his parents, extended family and their friends. HOORAY! Hope you''re doing well. How''s your uncle?

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

After I posted this afternoon, I did go to the gym and I''m SO SO SO glad I did. It really is my place to escape all this mess. And I just kept going and going and going and all of the sudden it was 7 PM and I had gotten there about 3:30, so quite the workout for me. But it was just so nice to take out all my frustration on the machines and reap some benefit in the process. For dinner, I had a nice big salad and a couple pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate for dessert. Oh, and I stopped by Sbucks on my home from the gym and sat under the oak tree and watched the full moon come up and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee. I read not too long ago that for some reason (and I can''t remember why) coffee after a workout releases something good. See, even the fitness mags help me justify my Sbucks addition!

I''ll probably go to the gym again tomorrow, as Saturday is the BIG GASPARILLA celebration and while we''ve never been in the middle of it, we''ve been told trying to get out of here is virtually impossible. Plus we''ve heard the garage where the gym is starts filling up around 9 AM for the parade, so it won''t even be feasible to park anywhere near our gym. See, there''s at least one advantage to being unemployed. I can work out at the gym just about anytime I want to!! LOL

Glad you enjoyed your PB sandwich and coke Marcy. I gave up all soft drinks over two years ago when Rebuild Rod started and since I used to be a cokeaholic, I just don''t even tempt myself with one. I never liked diet ones either. Wow, on only being 30 pounds from your target weight. Such an amazing yourney you''ve been on and it''s so wonderful to know you can see the finish line. Of course once you get there, you have to work hard to maintain all the terrific things you''ve done for your body!! But, we know you can do that!

Thanks for the vote of confidence DeeJay. I remain hopeful that something will come along. At least we have some money in the bank, so we won''t be living out of our cars too soon! I hope you have a good workout tomorrow!

Linda, THANKS SIS!! I truly appreciate the positive affirmation and I know something will come along. Losing a job is just such a depressing thing to go through. I''ll cheer up soon. Promise!

And of course thanks for your caring thoughts too Kimberly. I''m sorry you''re still under the weather. Yumm, turkey chile and cornbread sounds wonderful.

No Skippy tonight? Hope everything''s OK with you.......

That''s about all I''ve got. Have a nice night and sleep well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I walked 1 mile on the treadmill tonight and burned 180 calories. Woo hoo!

Kimi, I am so sorry to hear you are still sick. Good idea to rest this weekend and I am sending get well vibes your way. I am delighted to hear your friend’s baby is doing so well.

Rod, I am delighted to hear you had a great time at the gym today. My husband and I had the same discussion coming home tonight about me and coke. He is surprised I’d still drink coke since it is truly empty calories but it’s something I really enjoy every now and then. I''d rather have a coke than a glass of wine. I guess at this point in time what I am doing works so I won’t worry about it. Yes, I am very excited that this finish line is close enough I can finally focus on it. I want to loose 33 more pounds to be exact. I completely realize the hard part starts after I loose those pounds – staying there. I think I have made the necessary adjustments to my life – both mind and spirit to continue to eat and live healthy. Of course you guys will be here to send me a big PS SMACK if I don’t. I am enjoying the new me far to much to go back to where I was.

Hi Skippy! I hope you had a great day.

Laters,
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all...got home from my trip this morning and spent the rest of the day just catching up on work and taking naps haha. i didn't sleep very well on this trip for whatever reason and my sinuses were so dry, so i felt quite out of it. i will sleep well tonite for sure and get back on my schedule.

i haven't really been reading, just skimming here and there. sounds like for the most part everyone is doing pretty well. rod and monnie sorry to hear about the job fiascos...and esp having both family members out, that is no fun at all. but i'm sure you guys will all land on your feet....i think at first it's a little discombobulating to be out of your regular routine but i certainly always fall into filling my days up without work after a week or two...then when you do find a new gig you are like WHAT? i have to go back? Nooo. that pesky money thing. plus rod i think it's actually a good thing that you were forced to leave this company, you really do need to find a new gig that will make you happy...that last job was a total downer since you've gone back basically.

anyhow, my trip was great from a work/strategy perspective...the weather was COLD...varying between 10F and -13F depending on what day and when. but it wasn't too bad, we just mostly went from car to hotel and car to restaurant and car to office. we did a bit of walking outside to restaurants and as long as you had your coat and gloves and scarves on it was fine. sure couldn't hang outside for a long period of time though. and it's so interesting how these colder climates have such indoor lives all winter long. i think i'd be so sad if i could not get outside for long walks for like 5 months out of the year! walking in indoor malls so doesn't cut it long term.

food-wise it was hit or miss. my breakfasts were great, i love the hotel's cont. breakkie with light n'fit, toasted bagel, fresh sliced grapefruit each morning. lunches were fine ...they catered them in, nothing special. but they brought a ton of chocolate candy, like nestle crunch and babyruth so we were chowing on those because when you're stick in a conf room looking for sustenance you kind of grab whatever is there! though i only ate the candy on the first day, the 2nd i felt like it was just gross. and then dinners were pretty big but tasty. and amazingly huge, yummy desserts. i worked out 2x while there, first time was a 3.25m run and 2nd was an elliptical and bike combo.

anyhow, bedtime...tomorrow is a regular work day and then gym after work. we're having the seafood taco truck dinner thing tomorrow night with our neighbors, can't wait to intro them to this place...should be fun. NITE!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I wish I could have sat with you under your tree, we could have shared a S'bucks and a nice hunk of carrot cake!! Hang in there my friend, I feel something great is just around the corner for you, I honestly can feel it.

Hi all!

Well the weight thing is going well, I am increasing my weights rapidly in big jumps but the funny thing is, I work like crazy until failure, and I am not particularly sore the next day or the day after * scratches head* Maybe I am tougher than I thought....

Anyway it is going well and tonight is session #5!

Marcy, don't fret about maintenance when you reach your goal, you already know what to do as you didn't diet, but got into a healthy way of eating. By continuing this and by making small adjustments where needed once you hit your goal, you will find staying there no problem!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I''m a long time lurker to PS and this board. I''d like to start by thanking all of you for your contributions to healthier living! I get some great ideas for my own "plan" and I appreciate all of you who post here.

I just have to comment on your trip to my city... I''m glad you found some good dinners and desserts! Isn''t that what life is about?
19.gif

However, please don''t falsely assume that we all live inside for 5 months... Last Saturday, the temp was 15 below with a windchill of -30 and my running group and I were out for our weekly 12 mile run! We go rain, snow, and humidity! And we were NOT the only ones out there. Here in Mpls, the local runners are a die hard group and never miss a week. Not only were the runners out in force but so were the hockey players. The national outdoor skating rink tournament takes place that weekend every year and this year, over 200 teams came from across the US to play outside hockey - the way it was meant to be played.

On any given day, in the winter, over 5,000 residents bike to work. They do this regardless of the weather conditions. Most of us do not hide in the malls...

So don''t feel badly for us. We LOVE our lives here. We spend them as we please and for many of us that is outdoors in the summer and winter. There is no place more beautiful for snowshoeing or cross country skiing.

Julie

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I just got "Your Plan for a Balanced Life" by James M. Rippe, M.D. I''ve gotten through the first few chapters and I''ll let you know how it turns out. My plan is to get on the treadmill 15 minutes every night after the kids are in bed instead of on the computer or sofa watching TV. I''m making my husband do it to, because he''s gained a few pounds and he''s a little stressed out over work, and I think it will do him good. He''s not much overweight at all, but he gains it all in his tummy and even 2 or 3 pounds makes his pants not fit right. If I make him do it, I''ll do it too.
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Monnie & Rod! I just saw your posts. Let me just say I feel your pain as we''ve been there and done that within a little over a year ago. I know it''s tough news. Sending prayers and positive employment vibes.

We should have a career thread as well as a fitness thread. My husband has a job, but he''s looking for a new one. Once summer gets here and I can get the kids into a program with the same hours I will also be working. I imagine there are lots of people shuffling careers right now. Let us all find happy, gainful employment.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! I hope you guys are all doing well. I have been busy, busy running around trying to get ready for this move. They want Adam there by the 18th of Feb. so we are going to try to get moved as soon as possible. I got our preapproval for a new home taken care of yesterday, but with the economy as it is, I am just trying to find homes for way under what we were approved for. Living off 1 income makes me nervous these days even though his company is thriving and is always one of the top 100 companies to work for, you just never know these days. I am also going to be looking for a part time job when we get there...both for feeling more finacially secure and to give me something to do. I never got a job here b/c I knew we would be here for a short time, and we ended up only being here for 13 months. Anyway, I have been thinking about you Rod and Monnie and hope things are going well on the job hunt. I''ll be joining you in a bit on my own hunt, but my resume is a bit dusty after having been without a job for the last year and a half.

Rod, way to go on your power workout. I totally know what you mean about the Gasparilla parade. Adam and I both used to work for Pepsi in promotions (that is how we met actually) and used to do promotions at lots of events and Gasparilla was one that we worked. It was CRAZY! I remember sitting in traffic for hours just to go a few miles afterwards. Looked like everyone was having a blast though!

Phonenix, hope you feel better!

Skippy, love your new picture, so festive!

Marcy, that is too funny about the biggest loser competition in your work....there is no way anyone could have won against you! Good for you for enjoying your dinner out. An occasional dessert is a nice treat and I''m sure you worked it off on the treadmill.

Kimi, hope you are feeling better.....your hubby sounds like a great cook, always sounds like he is making something great!

Shortblonde, sorry about forgetting your shoes...it was just not meant for you to workout!

DeeJay, good job on maintaining your weight. My weight always seems to flucuate several pounds each day, I can never just stay at one weight!

Hi, Linda
35.gif

Welcome back Mara
35.gif
. Glad you made it back from the cold. I wouldn''t be able to handle it...ever. Unless Adam got some kind of HUGE HUGE HUGE raise, I couldn''t live up North. I''ve gotten too spoiled with 70 and 80 degree weather in the winter.

Lorelei, good for you for increasing your weights. I need to go buy a new set of free weights. I started out doing 3 pound weights. Now I have been at 10 lb. each and that is starting to do nothing for me now. I really do feel so much stronger than when I first started out.

Lumpkin, let us know how the book is. I love books on heatlhy lifestyles....they always get me motivated again to keep pressing on.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back from the frozen tundra Mara. Thanks for your well wishes and you're right, the job had been so negative since returning, but man, not having any income or beneifts X two is just a tough pill to swallow.

Yay for a whole mile on the TD Marcy!! Soon, you'll be writing that you walked 3, no 4, no 5 miles at a clip. On the coke front, I actually took a sip of someones coke about a year ago and after not having one for so long, I didn't like it at all. It was waaaaay too sweet and it made my teeth feel like they were coated in something, so I had to immediately go brush them. Still if it's something you enjoy, you should definitey treat yourself to one. You're actually better about treating yourself to things than I am and I admire that.

Lorelei, I WOULD SO LOVE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SIT UNDER THE OAK AND HAVE COFFEE WITH YOU!!!! I hope you're intuition is right and something good is around the corner. I'm counting on your intuitive thoughts dear friend!! And, you go girl on increasing the weights. Not long ago we found our cards at the gym from when we first joined over two years ago and we actually laughed at how low the weights were that we used. We're using big boy weights now, but then.........pretty light stuff.

Hello Julie. The company we were just laid off from is headquarted in Minneapolis and I know the people up there actually get cranky if it isn't cold and they can't use their snow toys! It's just waaaaay too cold for my blood, since I live in Florida!!!

Thanks lumpkin! It's good to see you. It's not a geat time to be job hunting, so wish your husband well for me!

Hey Steph. We've lived in Tampa going on 13 years and this will be our first ever Gasparilla Festival. Of course we didn't live smack dab in the middle of it before. I hear it can be pretty risque for sure, so it will be interesting to say the least.

Have a good Friday everyone. I'm thinking I'll go to the gym again today, since tomorrow with the festival is likely out. I'll check in again later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blast - forgot to say it is good to have you back Mara, we missed you!!!

Welcome Julie!

Rod, I really do feel that a great opportunity is close for you. I really sensed something looking at your avatar this morning, my intuition is normally strong anyway, but I was really feeling so positive for you this morning that I know it won''t be too long before all this is sorted out for you and Charlie, so that even better prospects can come along! Hang in there!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Julie...sorry that you felt I was assuming that everyone just stayed indoors, but I did ask a handful of people while I was there and they basically said that they do stay indoors most of the winter...and while they love the summers there and some DO partake in winter sports (i guess making your own personal hockey rinks is a big deal too out there) like hockey and the snow kiting and tubing and all that...most of them were like nope we stay inside!! and I thought wow I could so never handle that. just like I could so never handle being out running in negative degree weather!! but I didn''t mind walking from a car to a restaurant a few blocks away, the cold was actually quite refreshing. I thought well at least I know I could live in a cooler climate. Not quite THAT cold but colder than CA for sure. I was pretty proud of myself!! My other coworkers were a little more unhappy with the weather than I was. I think my expectations were so low that anything over what I expected (hell basically!) was a positive experience...hehee.

It''s funny because I also asked some of the people in the office we visited why you''d move from somewhere else to a place like MN. It just boggles my mind that people would choose to move to a place where it''s -5 in the winter on a typical day. But yeah apparently a lot of people love that kind of cold and the outdoor sports and toys that come along with it. I am so sheltered here in CA!! hehe.

I also was impressed by some of the food quality while out there. I am a huge food snob because of where we live so it was nice to find a few places that were not chain oriented and had amazing food that I thought rivalled here quite nicely. Our team was great to take us to more local places this time too.

Rod, yes I agree, no income is a total drag! But I agree something better is out there and probably around the corner. Life has an odd way of pushing at us when it feels like we''re not going where it wants us to. I would stay open minded...and at least you guys have ~1 month buffer with Charlie staying on. Also look at it this way too, you probably have so much good job karma built up from this horrible experience that your next gig will be very pleasurable. That is what happened to me with my last crappy job and where I have been now since April. I seriously love it still.

Anyhow, it''s been raining here...and is quite windy but after MN this seems like nothing. We did however have someone break into one of our cars last nite, Greg''s old Ford that is parked on the street, someone busted the small window. The ironic thing is that this truck is just mostly used for hauling stuff and his commute 2-3x a week and there is absolutely nothing of value in there, literally nothing. He bought it 2nd hand off a guy years ago and it doesn''t even have a radio! And there are way nicer cars on our street. So random. Just a pain because now we have to get it fixed. And I''m glad I don''t have to park my Mini out there!! About 6 months ago some drunk guy came down the street also and hit 4 cars by zigzagging drunkenly around the street, two of which belonged to neighbors...so the street is def not the place to park your car around here, too risky!!

We got indian food last nite instead of seafood tacos as my stomach was kind of upset yesterday and I figured chicken and rice and some bread was more kind to it than scallops would be...but I think we are doing the taco truck tonite with our neighbors which is good because we want to go there again fo''sho''. I also did about 20 minutes of abs and core work last nite...gotta keep my growing little 3 pack going on. Today is the gym after work, depending on how I feel I will either do elliptical (boring) or a ~3m run (way more invigorating). Tomorrow morning is a trainer session (I rescheduled to Sat since I missed both days this wk) and then Zumba after, owie. I will be hobbling for sure afterwards.

Have a great day all!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all!
1.gif
Today it is suppose to warm to 50, yay!
Today, I am going to the Gem Show w/my friend and then I will probably get a walk in since it is suppose to be beautiful and then get cold Sunday, so why not take advantage of prime walking weather! hehe
I am so ready for spring weather; too bad I can't speed it along! hehee

Rod, glad you went to the gym and had a good workout and escape. Praying for you; you will find something, just hang in there. That is great your employee wanted you to go work w/him; it is always good to have some options. I was having a nutty day yesterday; thanks for thinking of me, huggie sweetie!

Marcy, yay you walking machine; it is the best fun huh?!?! Glad you enjoyed your treat, a coke!! I love the color red; I bet you look awesome! I hope it warms up for you
1.gif

DeeJay, glad hubby made the plane, wow. Hope you are selling lots of properties!

Hey sweet Linda and Lumkin!!!

Kimberly, glad your friends little guy is doing well; yay, I have had him in my prayers and will continue to do so. My uncle is hanging in there, thanks. Hope you get lots of sleep this weekend and get better.

Lorelei, yay for your workout!

Julie,wow, that is awesome you run. Welcome and I love that you love your city! Snow is gorgeous; I wish we had more this year.

Steph, thanks, I wanted something love like for my avatar. hehe Wow, your move is soon! I agree, you never know these days and you are taking a smart approach in the house hunt, plus the mortgage company's always approve people for some insane amount or at least that is what they did for us.

Mara, glad you are back!! Enjoy your run today!

TGIF and have a great day and safe workout
35.gif

Tomorrow is muscle hour for me, yay!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy and Lumpkin
35.gif

Welcome back Mara, glad you had a great trip.

I haven''t walked at all. Been staying home with Mazie, while she is recovering from her surgery. I have been laying on the floor though, doing some leg lifts if that counts and lifting my hand weights. At least it is something.

Kimberly, hope you are feeling better.

Thinking of you dear Rod.

Linda

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

It''s still very rainy and windy here--the power went out yesterday for several hours. As such, I have not had a chance to go running again. I did dig out my pilates ring, though, so I did some working out with that, which is good. I think one thing I really want to get back into is doing basic ballet stretches to help me limber up again.

On the food front, meal planning has been really helpful, since I can plan ahead and make sure that I eat healthily all day. The chicken I did the other night came out good, and I made chicken enchiladas with the leftovers on Wednesday. Man, they were GOOD. Even though enchilada sauce is kind of time consuming to make, it''s so worth it. I think we''re going to try to make a big batch next time and freeze it in single-pan portions so we can make them more often.

I''ve been good about eating breakfast every morning--the local Ralphs carries my favorite cereal (Kashi Vive, yum!), so that''s good. Last night we made risotto with celery root and sweet peppers so I think I''ll have some of that for lunch and then we may go out to eat tonight.

Happy Friday, everyone!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 122px">Date: 1/24/2008 3:24:22 PM
Author: marcyc

Shortblonde, sorry to hear you went all that way, got dressed then discovered you forgot your tennis shoes. I am sure that intensified your headache. I hope you feel better now. What pictures? What bling?

haha, marcy, you have eagle eyes in addition to being a weight loss wonder! i was given a trinity ring for my birthday last month.

dance class last night was great - it felt so good to move after not getting in any workouts this week. we did lots of moves with big jumps and my rear end is sore today! i wore my heart rate monitor and found that i burned almost 550 calories in class, wow.

no workout today, but they are definitely planned for saturday and sunday. i am excited to try out the heart rate monitor during some different activities at the gym. food is a pumpkin muffin, squash soup with wheat crackers, gouda, and half an apple. oh, and a mini reeses pb cup that snuck in there somehow!! we have an ice cream social this afternoon at work, but i am planning to pass and have either a skim latte or a granola bar for a snack later. then there''s a big office party tonight at a fancy restaurant. not sure what the options will be, but i''m hoping there will be something reasonably healthy. i am limiting myself to 2 glasses of wine for the evening as well

rod, keep your chin up, something good will come your way soon.

kimberly, hope you are able to rest and finally feel better this weekend.

mara, welcome back!

steph, i hate packing! hopefully you can get it all done without too much hassle.

skippy, enjoy the gem show.

ladypirate, i am a big fan of making a big batch of something and freezing in smaller portions. makes it so easy later!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I feel a little better today, not great. I did a Firm video this morning to keep up my muscles a bit.

The weirdest thing is my overpowerinig urge for cookie cake. I''ve really been craving sweets, but specifically cookie cake. I don''t think brownies or any old cookie would do it for me. My husband is out getting me some.

I like to trust my body and give it what it wants, but I can''t imagine what my body can get out of cookie cake? I think maybe it''s to fight the nausea that my antibiotics have given me.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Still under the weather and trying to get healthy. Lots of rest and medicine. We''re having lemon chicken and cauliflower for dinner. Am going to attempt a workout tomorrow, just so I''m doing something.

Thanks for the prayers, Skippy, I''m sure his family felt them. Losing a spouse is so hard (my favorite aunt lost her husband when she was 48, it''s still difficult 12 year later). I know he appreciates your kindness toward him during this time.

Chin up, Rod, everything will work out, I''m sure.

Have a great evening all.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wah, cookie cake plans were thwarted by the cookie cake place leaving the mall and DH not calling me this until he had tried three places. At this point I was light-headed from needing cookie cake and just said oh well. Then DH came home after his quixotic quest only to find me in a sorry state and graciously went out again, discovering that a place a few blocks away sells them, but unlike the mall places they need a day to make them. They asked, "When's the party?" when he ordered it (he wouldn't tell me exactly what he said, but I'm pretty sure it was something like, "My crazy wife is having an inexplicable cookie cake craving--there's no party, just a crazy lady demanding cookie cake.") So he came home with some cookies to tide me over. And I ate three of them (these are pretty big cookies, like the size of your palm).

I mean, seriously people, I never have cravings, and I don't even really like cookies. I like truffles and chocolate mousse and sorbet and bread pudding. Really sugary, chewy things don't usually do it for me. But I just have to have cookies, preferably sliced thin with icing on top. I think I will need to eat a lot more before the weekend is done.

Hopefully some switch hasn't been turned on inside me so that now I am an overeater who will eat cookie after cookie until she works her way back to the size she was a year ago.

No, I'm not pregnant, but the antibiotics are making me dizzy and nauseated, and somehow cookies are the only thing I can think of to make my stomach feel balanced the right way.
33.gif
Unfortunately, there are seven more days of antibiotics . . .

If this post makes no sense I plead sugar high/strep throat brain/cabin fever.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aha . . . have googled "sugar craving" and antibiotics and lots has come up!

This also explains why I have been so darn thirsty.

Well crap, something else to worry about . . .

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

I had a fantastic workout this afternoon. Rod the Energizer just kept going and going again. Charlie was still in Orlando visiting his family this afternoon and I just didn''t feel like staying glued to my computer searching jobs, so I just shut down this morning, then had lunch at Panera, coffee at Starbucks, followed by having my car washed, then the gym til nearly 7 PM. Then I had another cup of coffee and waited for Charlie to get back from Orlando and we met at our favorite sushi place for dinner. We were way later than we usually are on a Friday night, so we were surprised to see so many people waiting in line for a table. Typically we get there around 6 and just walk in and are seated, but evidently at 8, it''s completely jammed. Still we had our usual Friday night date with our waitress Po Po and the food was exceptional as always. I went and got tart natural frozen yogurt take out afterwards as Charlie just wanted to come home and unpack and read the paper with a kitty in his lap.

We''re probably not going too far from home tomorrow as it''s the big Gasparilla parade. According to the paper, there will be over 150 floats and bands and Bayshore Boulevard is all lined with all sorts of vendors. We''ll walk around a bit, but neither of us are too into loud, large crowds, so we''ll see.........

Thanks again Lorelei......I''m counting on your intuition to true!!

Hey Skippy! Even 50 degrees isn''t warm to this Florida boy, but enjoy being outside. Don''t you live in New Mexico? We just watched a Giada''s Weekend travels on the Food Channel and she spend the weekend in Santa Fe. She ate at some pretty cool restaurants and had breakfast at a place called the Chocolate Maven which looked like fun.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts Linda!!

Sorry the weathers been so rainy and windy ladypirate. I hope conditions improve soon and you''re out running again!

Thanks SB, and I''m gald you enjoyed dance class last night. I also hope you enjoy using your new heart monitor at your workouts this weekend!

It''s good to hear you''re feeling even a little better Phoenix. I hope your recovery goes much faster now that you''re on the right medicine!

Thanks Kimberly. I''m sure something will come along for us. I''m sorry you''re still under the weather. Don''t push yourself too hard working out tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed your lemon chicken and cauliflower. I love cauliflower raw, not cooked. I make a nice Russian dressing to dip it in and could just eat an entire head that way.........

That''s about all I can think of, so am signing off for the night. Sleep well everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I was laughing over your quest for cookie cake, which BTW, I''ve never heard of. But how sweet of your HH to go tromping all over the city to find you some. I''ve never experienced sugar cravings from taking antibiotics, but I hope the cookies and soon to be made cookie cake does the trick for you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 10:50:18 PM
Author: Rod
Evening Everyone!
We're probably not going too far from home tomorrow as it's the big Gasparilla parade. According to the paper, there will be over 150 floats and bands and Bayshore Boulevard is all lined with all sorts of vendors. We'll walk around a bit, but neither of us are too into loud, large crowds, so we'll see.........

Hey Skippy! Even 50 degrees isn't warm to this Florida boy, but enjoy being outside. Don't you live in New Mexico? We just watched a Giada's Weekend travels on the Food Channel and she spend the weekend in Santa Fe. She ate at some pretty cool restaurants and had breakfast at a place called the Chocolate Maven which looked like fun.
Rod, yip, I am in NM but never made it to the Chocolate Maven, darn. I heard it is yummy; maybe it is a good thing I never made it over there.
11.gif
3.gif
I hope Giada gave you a good tour of SF; it is quite beautiful and fun to visit, with lots of great shopping!!! Hubby and I love to sometimes spend the night up there; it is lots of fun and romantic. I hope she showed the plaza area and the architecture; they have strict covenants for the whole city but it makes it sooo unique!! Someday come out here and visit and I will be happy to show you around! Glad you had a great workout today!!!

Enjoy the parade tomorrow!
3.gif

PHXgirl, a few years ago I had a horrible sinus infection and was on antibiotics they made me nauseated; the only thing that made me feel a little better was my mom's cookies. I wonder what it is about cookies and making someone feel better
33.gif
I thought it was just me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results