shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 2:29:05 PM
Author: Chrono
Thanks Lorelei. I'm on a 10-day antiboitics regime. Boy do I feel a whole lot better after 24 hours.
I'm so glad you are feeling better, I can well imagine it must be miserable having that
8.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all. walked over to whole foods at lunch, got some goodies, including a salad bar salad of mixed greens, red and green cabbages, black olives, feta, edamame, pine nuts, and shredded carrot, yummy all with TJs'' balsamic. also i am eating a 1/2 whole wheat pita toasted filled with garlic hummus and TJ''s just chicken. for breakfast was egg whites scrambled with 2% cheese and some corn flakes mixed with kashi go lean and blueberries.

mrs salvo, i make my shakes with a variety of different things but i typically put in lots of ice, almond vanilla milk, the powder mix, strawberries, blueberries, and a splenda packet and mix it all up! i love that one the best...but you can also add honey, peanut butter, regular milk, or chocolate milk, get the protein powder in diff flavors, etc. it''s a hodgepodge!! if i am in a hurry and just need something fast i shake up some almond milk with the powder and put some ice cubes in a glass. whatever you do just be careful to not add too many high cal items or else they turn into calorie bombs rather than nutritious snacks. i love them for dessert with the chocolate pb caramel mix i have. you can also mix in some sugar free cocoa powder if you want! i can def taste the protein but i actually like the way that tastes, but the higher end/quality the mix, the better it dissolves and less it tastes like mix.

sounds like everyone is having a fun, happy day for the most part!! yay for that. oh and shortblonde, if you want a pizza, have a mini one which isn''t typically TOO bad, get a light or thin crust and make it better. also you can order them with light cheese. amicis pizza, if you have one near you, has small mini pizzas that are like under 500 cals, all of them. and TJ''s fresh made pizza is very yummy and there are 2-3 under 500 cals for the whole pizza.

lol re the sushi, the rice is heavy in carbs but sushi rolls are so yummy and you get a ton of protein...stay away from mayo filled ones and you''ll be fine. i think we are going to start having it once a week, last nite was so tasty.

haha skippy re: seeing oprah''s bling...part of the deal could be that she has to let us ogle and try on all her baubles, yeah!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate mayonnaise in all forms (ACK!!!) so I never get rolls with that in it. Today I had one with salmon and cucumber and another with tuna and avacado. Eight pieces each (
6.gif
) but I enjoyed every bite! Hopefully it wasn''t too bad...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once a week Sushi Mara??????? You know that''s getting awfully close to having a routine, don''t you think?????
31.gif
11.gif
LOL!!

Mrssalvo, we have a protein shake after every workout and we take a heaping scoop of the protein powder, ice cubes and one cup of fat free milk and put it in the blender. It comes out thick - milkshake like, super cold and oh so good. Sometimes, if we''re feeling extra hungry, we do what Mara does and we add fresh fruit. If we''re using the protein as a full meal replacement, we do add yogurt sometimes. Wow.......50 showings is amazing. When our condo was listed, we had like 4 showings total in the entire 5 months it was listed. Someone''s going to make you an offer soon!

DeeJay, you did just fine with your two rolls and you got extra Omega 3 Fatty Acids to boot (good and heart healthy!!)

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
rod, no worries, i eat enough calories and am definitely not starving myself. i actually went and got a skim latte after lunch cause i realized that i didn''t have enough food at work. i just don''t want to overdo it tonight since i know i will be indulging both nights this weekend. so i will have pizza, just not the stuff that''s 500 cals a slice cause i know i can''t eat just one!

mara, thanks for the pizza suggestions, but unfortunately no amici''s here, and the tj''s in the midwest don''t carry the low cal pizzas that yours do. all the ones in the case here are 700+ cals - argh! i am always so jealous of the ones you can get.

we are having tornado warnings off and on here this afternoon, so i may skip the gym (where the machines are on the third floor in front of a big glass window...not where you want to be if a tornado hits) and just bike in my basement instead (no windows, and, well, basement!).

dj, we really are birds of a feather - i hate mayo too!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too late to catch up since I traveled all day to get out to the Bay Area! Despite my traveling, I did workout before I left, walked up and down the terminal a number of times when my plane got continually delayed, and managed to get a reasonably healthy burrito at the Denver airport. So not too bad.

Today FI is at work and I am without a gym, so I did a 3 mile walk/run around his neighborhood but MAN was it warm here. We''re inland, so it easily reaches 90 during the day here. Eating well today so far, so I hope to keep it up this week even though I am on vacation.

Shortblonde, have you tried the TJ''s Bambino pizzas in the frozen section? I''m in Madison, WI normally and our TJ''s doesn''t have the pizzas Mara talks about either, BUT they do have some in the frozen section that are 250 cals a piece. Not the best things ever, but they certainly quell cravings and if you add some veggies to them and a few shakes of garlic, they''re not bad at all. The other healthy pizza thing you can do at TJ''s is to get the fresh pizza dough and make pizzas yourself using like 1/2c of part skim mozz and some "tastier" cheese like provolone or smoked mozz. They add a lot of flavor for few cals and if you roll the dough out very thin, those are very healthy pizza options too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I''ve been absent for the past couple of days but wanted to check in and let you know I''ve been doing fine. Went to an interview yesterday at a retailer I''m pretty fond of...suffice it to say it''s always good to interview just to keep yourself fresh. I really don''t know if I can go back to retail again and deal with the crazy hours and erratic schedules, I''m at a point in my life where I just don''t feel like I should come home feeling like I''ve been beat up every day from a weird sleep schedule and being on my feet all day long, not to mention that I know my personal and social life would go downhill. So I''ll keep looking...I did find the PERFECT job funnily enough on Craigslist, but it would be a very long commute. I drive a gas guzzler, plus I hate driving farther than 15-20 minutes to get anywhere and I can''t see myself making an hour commute each way 5 times a week. WTH, I think I''ll go ahead and send them my resume anyway, Jack Kelege is one of their featured designers--DeeJay, wasn''t your latest setting designed by Kelege or am I nuts? I received my new suit from UPS today, it fits wonderfully and I really love it, just have to get the pants hemmed and I''ll be set. So there''s my report on the job search for all those interested, lol!

Yesterday I didn''t work out, it stormed on and off here all day so I stayed inside and took care of some bill paying and whatnot...DH was so tired when he got home last night that he went straight for the couch so I ended up grabbing a McDonald''s salad without the chicken and a Diet Coke, I doctored up the salad when I got home with extra black beans, sliced avocado, steamed red pepper strips, and extra fresh lime juice, it was so good but I put so many extra things on it I only ended up eating 3/4 of it. Oh, I skipped the dressing that came with it and used a light lime vinaigrette I already hand on hand so I didn''t get screwed on the calories from the dressing, yay!

This morning I did the Firm again and worked on my arms. I''m starting to be able to get through the whole workout now without feeling like I''m going to have a heart attack, which is always nice. I finally weighed myself yesterday and I was down a lb, so finally in the 150''s again and I''m feeling better. Funny how just the slightest bit of a loss can be such a huge motivator, I love that. and I equally hate it when the scale does not move for what seems like eternity.

Later this evening I''m going to visit a girlfriend I haven''t seen for a few months at her house, we''ll have a glass of wine and catch up on fun gossip.

Hope everyone''s having a great Thursday!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I just ate a nice cold devil dog
20.gif
--right before dinner
32.gif
. I tried to resist, but the box kept looking at me and saying--"hey you..if you open this friggin fridge 1 more time and don''t eat me i''m going to dissappear in your husbands stomach instead". now i couldn''t let that poor devil dog be eaten in 1 ravenous gulp. it needed to be savored by someone who loved every bite of it......and i did.
9.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi all,

all this talk about pizza has me craving them now! we don''t have low cal pizzas in this part of the midwest unless you like lean cuisine or you make your own. so these TJs pizzas you all are talking about sound fab!

well today has been yet another day of trying to force feed myself protein. i''m not a big cook and don''t eat a lot of meat, so i get stuck eating a lot of lowfat cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, eggs, turkey, and protein shakes. i have tried many varieties of shakes, but usually end up doctoring them up to choke them down. the only shake i can do as it comes is the bevelry labs cookies and cream muscle builder shakes, and even those aren''t so fab. so i usually try to do mine with fruit and yogurt mixed in and with a lot of ice in a blender and then it just seems like a smoothie to me.

so today i ate shredded wheat with strawberries, choc milk for protein, and cottage cheese for breakfast. lunch was a half turkey sandwich with extra meat and a lowfat herb cheese spread, and an apple with peanut butter. snacks were a fiber one choc/oatmeal (love those!) bar and a half cup of turkey hill light ice cream (vanilla with choc covered pretzel bits - totally satisfies the salty and the sweet with low cals). tonight is chipotle nite with my DF. i live for chipotle nite!!! so i will get a bol with extra black beans, light rice, heavy tomato salsa, light sour cream, and light cheese. then i split the bol and save half for lunch tomorrow. it really cuts the overall cals down and still lets me get my fix. probably wrap it up with my cookies and cream protein shake as a post workout recovery drink.

tonight i will do 3 miles on the treadmill and another 25 on the elliptical. i have two more weeks til i start fall marathon training so i''m sort of in between training plans for now and at a loss sometimes on what to do.

keep it up everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey All!

I worked out again today, WOOHOO! I just feel so much better when I take the time to get in some exercise, even if it''s only 30 minutes, which is the case some days.

I''m making butternut squash and shallots over pasta for dinner from a CL recipe that looks good. I ate a few mini chocolates this afternoon. Shame shame! Otherwise food is as always.

tdiddy, here''s a few pizza recipes from Cooking Light:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=225009

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=521532

You could improvise toppings and just use a frozen dough. Veggie pizzas are so yummy.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got home from the gym, well, maybe not this minute as I did have my protein shake and a lean cuisine dinner first. As is my usual habit on Thursday nights, I worked out really hard. I did extra sets and increased weights and I'm tired and sore. So, I hope I accomplished something. I pushed so hard on the elliptical my right foot got a cramp in it when I got off (thank goodness it didn't cramp up while I was on the machine) and it took a little while for my foot to calm down.

Tomorrow's Friday - YAY!!! It's Sushi and Sapporo (only one) for me tommorrow night.

Monnie, I hope your interview delivers positive results. Glad the new suit fits so well.

Kimberly, I'm glad you're getting the opportunity to include some workouts. John was right you know.......you need some time for yourself!

I'm glad you're getting enough calories SB!!

Good for you taking a 3 mile walk neatfreak!

I have this mental image of you and that Devil Dog NYC!!
11.gif
I hope you enjoyed every sinful calorie!!

Glad to see you back tdiddy. I'm sorry you don't like protein shakes. I find them actually pretty tasty. I still like mine with milk and the ice blended in to make it more like a mik shake. I'm actually amazed at how many guys finish their workout at the gym and have their protien powder in their gym bag and mix it with tap water and drink it right there. It just doesn't appeal to me to have it that way.

I guess that's all I can think of for the day. Skippy are you working on the letter to Oprah for us all??!! LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow striving for healthier lives PS’ers.
35.gif
I lost another 6/10 of a pound this morning. Holy weight loss!
36.gif
I am on a roll this week. I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. It was probably the stuff that leaked out of my finger. Ha ha. I did go to the doctor today and he said it should have been stitched but I waited too long. He put some strips on it, wrapped it and told me to keep it dry until the strips fall off. My husband went to a sporting goods store about an hour away to get golf balls tonight (okay they are cheaper but after paying for the gas and he and his buddy going to dinner we probably spent more $$ than buying locally but . . . ) anyway when he left he did tell me “No knives”.
1.gif

3 ladies at work this week have told me I’m really skinny from the side. I was excited to hear that.
Mara, I like the 90/10 philosophy. I will have to remember that when I get to maintenance.
Chrono, it sounds like you are working hard at eating right. Keep up the good work.
Danielle, have fun with your fitting. I bet you are getting excited.
Kimberly, my husband will probably hide the knives. When I emptied the dishwasher I was VERY careful with the knives. That is terrific you have got in so many workouts this week. Good job. Thanks for posting the pizza recipe. I will have to try it some weekend.
Jas, you were highly motivated to avoid eating cookies, brownies and dough. I like the dough as much as the hot cookies. Brushing teeth always works for me too.
Dee, sorry your stitches are bothering you. I hope it heals for you soon. Yeah for holding at your all time low. I hate mayo too.
NYC, I’ll take some of your humidity. We are always very dry in Wyoming.
Shortblonde, I had a lean cuisine pizza tonight. It wasn’t bad. They are 400 cals.
Rod, that would be so cool for all of us to go on Oprah and we could all get to meet face to face. Great idea!
Mrssalvo, that’s the bad thing about selling a house, keeping it clean all the time. I hope it sells soon.
Neatfreak, it sounds like you had a great workout today without going to the gym.
Monarch, congratulations on loosing a pound. Woo hoo! Good luck on your job search.
Tdiddy, you certainly had a good workout tonight.
Well, it’s difficult typing with 4 fingers and I need to go grade papers. Take care.
Marcy

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey y''all!

Checking in for the day. Dee Jay, a HUGE congrats on your weight loss low- YAHOO!

And Marcy, I just have to tell you that your posts are sooo great! You''ve come such a long way and are a pleasure to "be around!"

Shortblonde- are you only looking in the frozen section for the pizzas? At my local TJ''s, the fridge section near the salads has a couple of lower-cal versions. They''re a bit smaller than your regular pizza- perfect for 2 to share!

Hubby and I just had dinner. It was our first eve at home together this week, which was nice. I picked up couscous/dill stuffed salmon and green beans at TJ''s yesterday so that we''d have it ready to go. it was the easiest dinner ever! the salmon was tasty and the green beans were steamed. They come in this plastic pouch- you just snip the corner off and micro it for 2-3 mins. Sprayed it with some can''t believe it''s not butter and seasoned with pepper. Of course we paired it with a glass of pinot. YUM!

wasn''t able to workout today, but plan to do so tomorrow. We''re doing "date night" and will be hitting up our fave sushi place tomorrow eve. Rod, I''ll raise a glass of Sapporo to you!

I''m heading to the Bay Area this weekend. I have business up there on Monday so am heading up earlier to visit with friends. They''re not exactly healthy, so it''s going to be a challenge to be "good". Hey Mara, I may just need to find out the trail you run/walk on as I''ll be driving thru that area on the way to Monterey on Sunday. Then again, I could just go for a walk at the beach!

THe weekend is almost here!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 10:29:09 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Hey y''all!

Checking in for the day. Dee Jay, a HUGE congrats on your weight loss low- YAHOO!

And Marcy, I just have to tell you that your posts are sooo great! You''ve come such a long way and are a pleasure to ''be around!''

Shortblonde- are you only looking in the frozen section for the pizzas? At my local TJ''s, the fridge section near the salads has a couple of lower-cal versions. They''re a bit smaller than your regular pizza- perfect for 2 to share!

Hubby and I just had dinner. It was our first eve at home together this week, which was nice. I picked up couscous/dill stuffed salmon and green beans at TJ''s yesterday so that we''d have it ready to go. it was the easiest dinner ever! the salmon was tasty and the green beans were steamed. They come in this plastic pouch- you just snip the corner off and micro it for 2-3 mins. Sprayed it with some can''t believe it''s not butter and seasoned with pepper. Of course we paired it with a glass of pinot. YUM!

wasn''t able to workout today, but plan to do so tomorrow. We''re doing ''date night'' and will be hitting up our fave sushi place tomorrow eve. Rod, I''ll raise a glass of Sapporo to you!

I''m heading to the Bay Area this weekend. I have business up there on Monday so am heading up earlier to visit with friends. They''re not exactly healthy, so it''s going to be a challenge to be ''good''. Hey Mara, I may just need to find out the trail you run/walk on as I''ll be driving thru that area on the way to Monterey on Sunday. Then again, I could just go for a walk at the beach!

THe weekend is almost here!
And I will to you too!! Thanks

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 10:31:06 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl

Date: 7/19/2007 10:26:24 PM
Author: KimberlyH
We just had the most yummy low fat/cal dinner:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=226732

If you''re a fan of butternut squash this is a recipe for you!

Marcy, that''s a serious cut. Be careful! And hooray on more weight loss. You are such a champion.
Kimberly- read your earlier post about what was on the dinner menu, and meant to ask about this recipe- yum! THANKS for sharing.
It was really yummy, especially for being so easy! I hope you test it and enjoy as much as we did. Enjoy the time you have w/ your hubby!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 9:57:15 PM
Author: Rod
I just got home from the gym, well, maybe not this minute as I did have my protein shake and a lean cuisine dinner first. As is my usual habit on Thursday nights, I worked out really hard. I did extra sets and increased weights and I''m tired and sore. So, I hope I accomplished something. I pushed so hard on the elliptical my right foot got a cramp in it when I got off (thank goodness it didn''t cramp up while I was on the machine) and it took a little while for my foot to calm down.

Tomorrow''s Friday - YAY!!! It''s Sushi and Sapporo (only one) for me tommorrow night.

Monnie, I hope your interview delivers positive results. Glad the new suit fits so well.

Kimberly, I''m glad you''re getting the opportunity to include some workouts. John was right you know.......you need some time for yourself!

I''m glad you''re getting enough calories SB!!

11.gif

Glad to see you back tdiddy. I''m sorry you don''t like protein shakes. I find them actually pretty tasty. I still like mine with milk and the ice blended in to make it more like a mik shake. I''m actually amazed at how many guys finish their workout at the gym and have their protien powder in their gym bag and mix it with tap water and drink it right there. It just doesn''t appeal to me to have it that way.

I guess that''s all I can think of for the day. Skippy are you working on the letter to Oprah for us all??!! LOL
I know, Rod, but I just feel so guilty (ah the joys of a Catholic upbringing! ha ha ha). I''m working on the whole "me time" thing. It just seems so armchair psychobabble to me. I need to get past that!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 10:47:30 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 7/19/2007 9:57:15 PM
Author: Rod
I just got home from the gym, well, maybe not this minute as I did have my protein shake and a lean cuisine dinner first. As is my usual habit on Thursday nights, I worked out really hard. I did extra sets and increased weights and I''m tired and sore. So, I hope I accomplished something. I pushed so hard on the elliptical my right foot got a cramp in it when I got off (thank goodness it didn''t cramp up while I was on the machine) and it took a little while for my foot to calm down.

Tomorrow''s Friday - YAY!!! It''s Sushi and Sapporo (only one) for me tommorrow night.

Kimberly, I''m glad you''re getting the opportunity to include some workouts. John was right you know.......you need some time for yourself!

I''m glad you''re getting enough calories SB!!

11.gif

Glad to see you back tdiddy. I''m sorry you don''t like protein shakes. I find them actually pretty tasty. I still like mine with milk and the ice blended in to make it more like a mik shake. I''m actually amazed at how many guys finish their workout at the gym and have their protien powder in their gym bag and mix it with tap water and drink it right there. It just doesn''t appeal to me to have it that way.

I guess that''s all I can think of for the day. Skippy are you working on the letter to Oprah for us all??!! LOL
I know, Rod, but I just feel so guilty (ah the joys of a Catholic upbringing! ha ha ha). I''m working on the whole ''me time'' thing. It just seems so armchair psychobabble to me. I need to get past that!
Oh the baggage we carry around throughout our lives. We are products of our upbringing, good or not, but like you said, you and likely almost every one of us need to get past things that limit our ability to be ourselves and not what someone else invisioned we are or should be.

My goodness, so philosophical at this late hour. Sorry.........
40.gif
17.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, I am being careful. When my husband got home his first question was “did you touch a knife?” Thanks for the encouraging words.
ChargerGirl, thank you for the kind words about me and my posts. Have fun this weekend. Enjoy some beach time for me.
Tomorrow is Friday! Yeah.
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, all! This week has been so busy, but I''m proud to report that I haven''t missed a workout yet. So Saturday will be the end of my third week on Body for Life and STILL GOING STRONG, yay! I''m already seeing changes in my muscle tone, and I can lift heavier weights, too. We''re rechecking body fat on Saturday, so I''m hoping I lost some more fatty poundage!

I''m finally getting this whole eating super healthy thing down--I MUST pack my food the night before, or I end up throwing protein shakes and snack bars in my sad little cooler as I rush out the door. I''ll have to find some more portable meals once the school year starts again (in three short weeks, UGH!) as I''ll be teaching from 7 to 4 every day, staying after to coach speech team and help students, and then in grad school from 4:30 to 8:30 twice a week. I''m getting tired just thinking about the routine, my easy summer schedule pales in comparison.

If you have any good, healthy portable meals you rely on to bring along to work, please share!

It sounds like everyone has had a productive week, and Monarch, good luck with the job hunt!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, I
30.gif
butternut squash but DH doesn''t, that is a perfect recipe for me for when he''s OOT! Thanks for posting it!!!
36.gif
I''m always looking for recipes in which to incorporate it, and I love pasta so this sounds divine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2007 5:38:40 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
20.gif
--right before dinner
32.gif
. I tried to resist, but the box kept looking at me and saying--''hey you..if you open this friggin fridge 1 more time and don''t eat me i''m going to dissappear in your husbands stomach instead''. now i couldn''t let that poor devil dog be eaten in 1 ravenous gulp. it needed to be savored by someone who loved every bite of it......and i did.
9.gif
Please ''splain what a DD is??
25.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2007 4:10:55 AM
Author: Lorelei

20.gif
--right before dinner
32.gif
. I tried to resist, but the box kept looking at me and saying--''hey you..if you open this friggin fridge 1 more time and don''t eat me i''m going to dissappear in your husbands stomach instead''. now i couldn''t let that poor devil dog be eaten in 1 ravenous gulp. it needed to be savored by someone who loved every bite of it......and i did.
9.gif
25.gif
Ditto, I have no idea what''s a devil dog.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2007 8:49:17 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 7/20/2007 4:10:55 AM
Author: Lorelei

20.gif
--right before dinner
32.gif
9.gif
25.gif
Ditto, I have no idea what''s a devil dog.
I haven''t had one in many years, but they are a cake like treat that comes in a plastic wrapper and it''s like a chocolate cake sandwich with a center layer of cream.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, is it like one of thos "little Debbie" cakes?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all! I''m up 1/2 lb today. Hmmm.... wonder if that''s a result of the soy sauce with the sushi... or the huge helping of gorgonzola ravioli I had for dinner... or the pile of french fries I helped my in-laws eat while they had a late dinner and they kept saying "oh, Dee, it would be a shame for this food to go to waste"...
20.gif
Anyway, the HH''s parents, his sister, and her kids are here for the weekend. At some point they want Chicago style deep dish pizza, and who knows what other diet killers. I will try to be as good as I can, and I keep telling myself it''s only for three days, right?

Not much else to report. Will catch up more later.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, it is hardest to keep up with watching what you eat when family is around.

Do you all weigh yourselves weekly?
Does it matter what time of the day it is, as long as it is at the same time?

Mara,
What regular cereals do you recommend (that does not taste like cardboard or feel as hard as rocks) that can be purchased in regular grocery stores?

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Morning, friends. I would say "good morning" but I woke at to the sound of jackhammers and the beeping of some vehicle that apparently just is driving up and down the block backwards. Yes, folks, it''s construction season here in the Second City, and you may see me on America''s Most Wanted after attempting to give a construction worker a very creative enema with said jackhammer.

I''m a leeeeetle noise intolerant. Great for a teacher, no?

The eating meeting was a huge success. Everything was delicious and people were amazed that I made 80% of the food. "You''re so domestic" was a comment I got a lot. These are high-powered babes working in banks and other gray places and it seemed that comment was said in awe by some, and in a sneering tone by others. Whatever. Rarely have I met so many women in their thirties who didn''t smile. Even when drinking a lovely cab.

But there were some fun ones there as well. My dog proceeded to sniff everyone and then sit VERY CLOSE to them when they were eating. I was mortified. He usually is very docile, for a puppy, but he was like a little spoiled kid last night. Ugh. Good thing he''s cute. We promptly tried to remove him from the room, but he gave us a good chase. I knew all the guests were like, "Sheesh. She has no control over a dog. Good thing she doesn''t have kids!" Of course, doggie is all worn out today and cute as a button as he naps.

The masterpiece was the food **** that is baked brie. You could hear the "boom chicka-wow-wow" as I sliced into that girl and the brie and raspberry preserves oozed out the maple syrup and brown sugar covered crust.

I didn''t weigh myself today, but my clothes seem to fit fine. I do need to go to a doctor because I think I may have a thyroid problem. I have a lot of the indications of hypothyroidism, which would explain my absolute lack of energy. I would clean for 15 minutes yesterday and then need to stop. I just couldn''t continue. Very weird.

My cousin happens to be a producer for the Divine Ms. Oprah, and I live literally 2 blocks away from the studio, so come on over. We have the Chicago''s best restaurants all around us...but no murderers or thieves, please.

Monarch, congrats on the job interview. I agree that it''s good to do those every so often just to shake off the cobwebs! I hope you had a great time with your friend last night.

Marcy -- congrats on the .6 pound! You are such an inspiration! I do worry, though, that you''ll end up slicing up all your fingers and having to type on WWT using your tongue! Whatever it takes to keep posting, though, right? *just teasing*

Haven -- do you have access to a microwave at work?

Rod -- believe it or not, my goal is to write and become some sort of humorist a la Erma Bombeck or Dave Barry or OJ Simpson. Thank you for the compliment. I have a "laugh or cry" mentality, and 99% of the time I choose laugh.

Today will be a lot of leftovers...we got a HUGE veggie platter that no one touched last night (except me)...I now need to find 1001 ways to eat raw veggies. I''m thinking, maybe, cook them?

Peace and happy Friday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!! Man, am I ever glad the week is almost over. It''s been a loooooong week for some reason.

DeeJay, I''m sure you''ll be good, but don''t be TOO good. It''s OK to enjoy yourself and indulge a bit. And like you said, it''s only 3 days. I LOVE real Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. I''m from D.C., originally, and the best deep dish there is (well maybe was??) Armand''s by American University. We used to wait in a long line just to get a table (this was the 1980''s) but the pizza was so so good. Anyway, have fun this weekend and enjoy yourself.

My bowl of fruit didn''t fill me up too well this morning. I need to add more protein or fiber or something...........

So, I''m at my desk just munching away on almonds and raisins, but they''ve got good nutrion, fiber, protein, riboflavins, magnesium, vitamin E, copper and phosphorus (not sure why that''s good?), no sodium and no cholesterol. They do contain fats but the fats are the good kind, unsaturated and monunsaturated, which are heart healthy fats.

I hope everyone''s Friday is shaping up to be the start of a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results