shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 15th Oct till 21st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh No, our Skippy is getting sick. You poor thing. Please take care of yourself. Drink some orange juice too. Do you take Vitamin C?? I take that, along with my regular vitamin pack.

Hope you have a nice nap, I am going to take one too. Hopefully, I will be over this junk by Saturday.

Sending you a big hug.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 2:36:58 PM
Author: Linda W
Oh No, our Skippy is getting sick. You poor thing. Please take care of yourself. Drink some orange juice too. Do you take Vitamin C?? I take that, along with my regular vitamin pack.

Hope you have a nice nap, I am going to take one too. Hopefully, I will be over this junk by Saturday.

Sending you a big hug.

Linda
Linda, you are so sweet; thanks! I bet your grandsons adore you! Okay, sweet dreams and I don't think I am sick yet *knock on wood* I just need to rest so I don't get there. Okay, I will say some extra prayers you get better soon; big hug back!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the car lead, Skippy. If you are aware of your cold symptoms early enough, try Cold-Eeze. It works for me in that the cold never really takes hold, or the severity is very minimal and short lived. Zinc also works well in conjunction with Vit.C once your cold symptoms really kick in.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, thanks for the cold advice. I am off to walgreens to look for Cold-Eeze; I took a 2 1/2 nap. I will go to bed early tonight. I hope it is just allergy''s from the wind blowing around. I am also taking vitamins and taking airborne, thanks Linda and Chrono
35.gif

Chrono, I just remembered one of my good friends has that Volvo S40 you are asking about. I will ask her what she thinks because she lives where it snows tons (well on the other side of the mountains from me).

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, hope you feel better!

So DH and I both had the afternoon off and went to the state fair. Man, we ate some CRAP! It was good though. I rarely eat anything fried and we shared a friend onion, also had some soft serve ice cream, and a lemonade... I will be having a super light dinner tonight to be sure! Maybe just some fiber one and fage.

Have a bit of a dilemma with my workout plan tonight. Do I take butt kicking class at the gym, or do a long walk w/ my dogs. Normally I''d take the class and a short dog walk but for some reason my lower back is killing me today! Maybe something from that step class last night did not agree w/ me or maybe I slept weird. Anyway, I will be getting some sort of exercise to be sure.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hope you feel better Skippy....just went through that. DH, Andrew and I were all sick with a cold together...I seem to always get it when the weather starts changing. Hopefully your medicine will make you feel better. Don''t over do it on your workout, just take it easy and get to feeling better and let your DH spoil you until you are well
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Sorry for the false alarm; I think it is just allergies causing a stuffy head and sore throat. I bought cold eeze just in case; my 2 1/2 hr nap really helped!!! I think I was just tired.
37.gif

On a good note I went to Target for cold eeze and saw the slow churned on sale; I decided to give slow churned a second try because they had Peppermint flavor. It was yummy!

Steph, I so sorry you all got sick. I am glad you guys are doing better!!

I vote that you walk Gail. Step can be hard on the joints and doing kick boxing might irratate your back more. I am sorry it is giving you problems. I hope you get better soon!

Have a good evening all!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another super long day I'm afraid, but I did get much accomplished. I miss having the time to occassionally check in during the day. There are so many threads since I posted last night. I skimmed everything, so here's what I got:

First, Gail. Dear Gail, I felt I was being argumentative. It was like "Oh NO Mr. Bill, She Didn't Recommend An Infiniti??!!" So, I hope you didn't think I was being too negative. I do agree with you BTW., that once a car reaches over $30K, we have come to expect real leather, but you should know that BMW's Leatherette and Mercedes MBTex, will actually outlast leather by a long shot. In fact, if you went to your local Mercedes dealer you'd see that the E350 which starts at around $50K, comes standard with MB Tex, not leather. I have friends who have the Leatherette in their BMW's and MB Tex in the Benzes and the car's are over 10 year's old, but their apolstery looks like brand new. I guess it's a German thing.........Anyway, I hope you didn't find me too argumentative on the subject. See what you started Monnie!!!! There, we'll make her the scapegoat! LOL

I thought you were getting sick Skippy and I was going to suggest Coldeze too. But then I saw it might just be allergies, which I surely hope that's all it is. Still you rest and take care of yourself and eat chicken soup. It's Jewish Penicillin!! LOL

Woo Hoo for a Bikini Mara. I'm sure Greg will be so proud to have that hot babe in the hot bikini by his side in Mexico! Glad you enjoyed your day off from working out. I think we're going to cut back to 4 days a week as 5 is getting to be just too much.

Jas, I am sorry to hear you are disappointed about not being pregnant. I'm sure when the time is right, you'll become a mom! You must be counting the weeks till you depart that lovely school environment you're in??!!

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear you have Bronchitis. I've had that many times and it's not fun. Feel better soon!

Charlie wasn't up to going to the gym after going the last two days, so I went by myself tonight. I had a very nice time, but I kind of got carried away and stayed a bit longer than I usually do (and I usually stay a long time as it is). But I accomplished a lot, so that was good.

Tomorrow night, we're not doing Sushi. Can you imagine?? We're meeting some friends for dinner and they're just not Sushi people, so we're going to our usual Saturday night spot and then we'll do Sushi Saturday night.

I'll do my best to check in tomorrow night. Sleep well everyone!

eta: Sorry Kimberly, I didn't realize you and J were heading to Chicagor for a visit. How great that you might get to connect with DeeJay and Jas.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Evening!

Skip, I''m glad it''s not a cold, but sorry for the allergy yuck, not so fun.

DeeJay, the stir fry was yummy, I''ll have to post the recipe. How about breakfast on Monday or Tuesday? J will probably tag along, he''s pretty quiet, so he''ll just hang out and enjoy his coffee and food. No need to wear an "I''m not an axe murderer" t-shirt. I trust ya!

Jas, I won''t be getting in until Sunday, so no wild drinking with me. Maybe next time I''m in town.

Had a great day with the kids. Did manage to get bit, I look like I have a hickey on my shoulder. Sexy. Did lots of jumping on a trampoline and chasing after rugrats, more than my fair share of working out. John made crockpot enchiladas for dinner, not as good as his enchiladas, but still yummy, and so nice to come home to dinner being made.

Have a great evening all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s!
35.gif
I got home about an hour ago after the quickest 8 hour workday of my life so far...we had a trunk show for one of the lines we carry and it was INSANELY busy! Which was a good thing, but I sat down for about 2 seconds and scarfed a slice of cold Malnati''s cheese pizza and a diet 7-Up and that was it...everything else is a complete blur. Overall it was fun but I didn''t realize until I got in my car to drive home that my feet and my lower back were a *bit* sore, hopefully a good night''s sleep will repair my tired tootsies and my spine will have a chance to decompress.

Not much else to report...hope you all had a great Thursday and hey! Tomorrow is Friday for all of you non-retail-workers!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Today was quite an adventure. You haven't lived until you've checked out apartment buildings on the south side... The highlight was an hour gap between buildings so we went to a Thai place for lunch. I had the green coconut curry and it was really good. But from a calorie stand point I bet it was really bad (although I can't find much on the web to gauge off of). On the way home I went to the grocery store again (yes--twice in three days!) and got some more good things. Dinner was two scrambled eggs with 60 cals worth of smoked ham and grated romano cheese on top. Yum!

My plan to walk to the showing tonight was foiled by the weather. As the time came to leave I thought, hm, wonder if I need an umbrella. I opened the front door to check and got hit in the head with hail balls!!! Needless to say I drove...

Date: 10/18/2007 11:01:26 PM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay, the stir fry was yummy, I'll have to post the recipe. How about breakfast on Monday or Tuesday? J will probably tag along, he's pretty quiet, so he'll just hang out and enjoy his coffee and food. No need to wear an 'I'm not an axe murderer' t-shirt. I trust ya!
Kimi, how 'bout Tuesday the 23rd?? I can meet you at your hotel lobby and we can walk to breakfast, of if you don't want to post what hotel you're at, give me some other general landmark or a restaurant to meet you at. Of course J is welcome! I'll try to get the HH to work from home that day so he can come too, but his schedule is pretty busy right now. How exciting -- can't wait to meet you in person!

Rod, no sushi tomorrow night? Are you SURE you're going to be OK with that, LOL?

Stephi, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago; I thought I was getting sick and it was just a cold. Hope whatever it is passes quickly for you and that you feel better soon!

Steph, I LOVE the LC Spa Meals. They actually have them in a variety four pack at Costco and I eat them all the time, especially the butternut squash.

Sarah, yay for sore abs!

TanDogMom, every once in a while you need to go to a fair and eat some crap! Hope you enjoyed every bit of it!

Linda, hope you enjoyed your nap.

Monnie, the trunk show sounds like it was fun. Did you see any pieces that you were interested in?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tuesday sounds great. J told me where we are staying as I was sleepily getting ready for work this morning. I''ll let you know where as soon as I figure out a where -- I remember him saying something about the river -- he''s engrossed in baseball at the moment, don''t want to disturb!
9.gif
We''re not early risers in Chicago, it''s three hours ahead, will 9:30 or so be okay with you? I''m so excited too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all, a quick check in...sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. yummy fair eats gail, i love being bad at the fair. skippy sorry you are coming down with something, i felt today like i was too so i cancelled my trainer and came home and had dinner with greg instead. i really don''t want to get sick for our trip so maybe my body is getting too run down or something. kimi sorry you got a chomp taken out of you, does it happen that often? rod, enjoy your deviation from the norm tomorrow night, hey you gotta live a little right??!

so i think i checked in last nite but can''t really remember...hehe. i would imagine i did though. oh yes i mentioned about the bikini. yeah still a little apprehensive on the ''minimal'' part but i have plan b bikini as well. skippy i always have worn bikinis, maybe even when i shouldn''t have...aka 15 lbs heavier, but i just hate getting the one piece tan!! i def knew there are people out there who are heavier than me still rockin a bikini, so i never felt too bad...hehe. plus greg never complained lol!!

today was a typical day at work for the most part...just finishing up some stuff before the vacation starts. i ate so lightly today...part of it was because i was out of egg whites and i am trying to be heavier on the protein and less on the carbs this week from a bloating and muscle perspective, so i was unsure what to have for breakfast. i ended up eating a packet of low sugar apple oatmeal and then i put in a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, some milk and water and microwaved it. well it actually turned out REALLY good!!! still more carby than i wanted but better than eating cereal. the funny part was that it kept me full til lunchtime, which typically my morning eats don''t really anymore, i have to have a snackie around 10am but i didn''t have to today. so interesting. so then for lunch i had green beans, egg white salad and flaxseed toast. by the time lunch was done i had only consumed 350 cals, pretty low. but i was feeling fine. THEN a vp had a bday and his admin got him cupcakes from this specialty french bakery near our office (where my mom has gotten our cakes for years)...and i swear this gal got him like 3 trays of cupcakes! so they put them out by my boss''s window...driving us all crazy. so of course i had to have one. but i actually just ate the frosting and the top part of the cupcake (the part under the frosting) and tossed the other 3/4. it was DIVINE, buttercream thick choco frosting. that''s what i really wanted. and then i was tempted to have another but i did the whole cognitive thinking thing (aka do i really want it or do i just want it because it''s here and there are 50 of them and i never have cupcakes). so by the time i did get another one (again just to eat the top lol), i tasted the frosting (it was whipped cream and not buttercream and flavored), it was def not as good as the buttercream so i tossed the whole thing. i brought home 2 cupcakes for us to snack on tonite but we haven''t eaten them. the funny thing is when i have things like this and have already tasted some of it, typically i don''t want it as much. so we might eat them for dessert tomorrow night. but again, i just want the top part with frosting lol.

for a snack later since i was hungry i had a 100 cal balance bar. came home and made us quick grilled cheese on light wheat fiber toast and 2% cheddar singles (which actually melts fabulously, we love it) with peppered turkey, and we split a can of campbells chunky bean and ham soup, one of my faves. then we decided to take a walk since i felt a little better...and we got coffee at our new local place that we love. got some eggs on the way home and a water from the drugstore, and now about to call it a night. i am kind of hungry and probably should eat something else, as i am only at like 1300 cals for the day....maybe a string cheese hehee.

anyhow tomorrow is friday, YAY. hopefully i will NOT get sick...i took a zinc and echinacea and plan to get lots of sleep. i plan to work out tomorrow after work. we have a birthday lunch of dimsum planned which i am super excited about as the place we are going to is verra yummy. dinner will just be greg and i doing something fun before our trip. have a great evening and early morning all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I finally wore one of the 2 pairs of cords I bought about a month ago and they were so baggy I got comments on them all day. I am frustrated but HAPPY that my new clothes are getting so big on me. I really figured the clothes I bought recently would fit me for months not weeks. I am excited to be shrinking and loosing weight but I’ve got used to nice fitting clothes and sure hate to go buy another round. Aak. I know that’s really not that horrible of a problem. It will just cut in to my jewelry budget again. Rats. I did go out to Kmart tonight to pick up some M and L clothes all under $10 a piece. It was my evening “walk”. The good news is the scale showed me 6/10 pound lighter this morning.
36.gif

Linda, I can understand the baggy pants. I am sure you love having that new size 8 pants that fit you great. I felt like a punk kid today in my baggy pants. I hope you get over bronchitis soon. I get that pretty bad sometimes and it’s awful. I get so tired of coughing.
Monarch, I am sure you are running around at work enough to make up for missing a workout or two. I always have the same problem with my DH having off time at the end of the year when I am working; this year I planned better and have the week of Christmas off. I’ll be out shopping for bargains on the 26th. Woo hoo! Thank you for saying I make you all proud. Rest up from your long day; the trunk show sounds great.
Mara, it sounds like you had fun shopping for shoes. Have fun with your new bikini in Mexico; I’m sure your toned body will look great in it. LOL at minimal coverage.
Chrono, yay for loosing one pound; good luck on reaching your goal. You are doing great! Being so close is exciting but unfortunately those pounds come off slower than we''d like.
Steph, your walk to the park sounds fun but it sure tuckered out your son. Poor little guy. That is cute he wanted to make sure you take the car next time. Congratulations for loosing a pound.
Lorelei, I am delighted to hear you hips are doing okay after your workout. Your TM will get fixed someday.
Kimi, sorry you are missing your ice cream. I sure enjoy slow churned most evenings as my treat. You and DeeJay will have a great time getting together next week.
DeeJay, good idea to walk to your showing. I am sure the pups enjoyed their morning walk with you. I was talking to some guys in the break room today about dieting and they all kept saying they could not eat just bites of things and be satisfied. I guess I am lucky I found the strength to do that. There are things I wouldn’t start eating and just stay away from them. I kept trying to emphasize to them the lifestyle change and finding a routine they can stick to; but I don’t think either on them are ready for that.
TanDogMom, I know I’ve lost a whole person, holy cow! A lady at work took me to lunch yesterday because she weighs 127 pounds and I have lost more than she weighs. I found out during lunch she used to be a trainer. She was asking me a lot of questions and said I was doing everything right. She is very skinny and has to work to gain weight. I hope your back feels better soon.
Jas, sorry to hear about the insensitive comment of that student. Yay for getting a new elliptical that won’t take up the front hall.
Sarah, good for doing 4 miles walks. About the donut - it was worth every one of those 200 calories. Thank you for the kind words about me.
Skippy, I hope you are better and it’s just allergies instead of a cold. You are a great cheerleader – a real people person. That doesn’t surprise me at all. Thank you for the nice compliment.
Rod, sorry your day was so busy but that is wonderful you got many things accomplished.
Sweet dreams my PS friends!
35.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hey!
How cool is my mom? She dropped off a HUGE bowl of cut-up veggies and some dip (which I¡¦m ignoring for now) for me to snack on. It's so funny how few people want to share. I don't know if that's because people don't like raw veggies or if they just think I have cooties. I love having that kind of snack around! Makes me feel so healthy

Conferences are just fine and I'm feeling the love

I am so excited to take the doggie to my folks. They live in an area right by Lake Michigan, so we're taking my puppy and their puppy for a nice three mile walk today (or, as I like to call it, a "Skippy"!) I'm really excited to get on the new elliptical tomorrow! It's like getting a new toy!

The big challenge this weekend is getting an anniversary gift for the DH. It's been a heck of a year and I'm proud of us. I keep going back and reading my posts from a year ago when the whole planning thing drove me out of my gourd and my life was the equivalent of A Very Special Episode of some moderately funny 80s sit com. So glad that I'm not getting married anymore.
Yes, Rod I am counting the days. I just call this time in my life "Chapters 11-15" I hope things slow down for you at some point! I think we are all suffering the shock of you not having sushi tonight!!!!

Kimberly and DeeJay, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday morning! Have a great time! DeeJay, once school is out, you can point me to the Caribou Coffee and I'll buy you a, well, coffee would seem to be the right thing.

Kimberly --you got bitten?

Kimberly, DeeJay, Monarch, any other Chicagoans
? -- Any chance any of you are going to the Bag Hunger auction for the Greater Chicago Food Depository on Wednesday night???

Skippy, I hope you are feeling better! You too, TanDogMom! I'm sure the dog will appreciate any time spent with you! That's what so cool about dogs.

Mara I do the same thing with cupcakes! Now I want cupcake tops with frosting!

Marcy, seriously, could your journey be any more amazing? I don¡¦t worry about the insensitive comment from that dingaling kid¡Kbecause the other kids in class were like, "What the &(*^* are you talking about????" (without the naughty word of course.) I am SOOOO excited about the elliptical. What do you do with the new-ish pants that no longer fit? Do you keep them?

That's all for now. I have 30 more conferences today so I have to put on my grin of steel and power through. I'm just staying motivated by thinking about my walk, my elliptical, and sleep!

Have an AWESOME Friday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What sorta dip Miss Jas?
emotion-40.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, girl, it''s vegetable dip. Creamy and full of fat, sodium, probably lead. Delicious! I know I''ll cave by the end of the morning.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Jas, if I lived in Chicago I''d be there, but I''ll be back in SD by Wednesday night. I wish you could escape from the madness on Tuesday and join us.

Mara, those cupcakes sound yummy. This is the 2nd time I''ve been bit and had it leave marks in 6 months. These kids act out physically a lot, so I get pinched, hit and kicked fairly frequently. I usually don''t let the biters get close enough to do so, but he wanted a hug -- squeezing is a sensory input thing so I was trying to give him what he was asking for because it''s so important that they learn to ask for sensory when they need it -- he buried his head in my shoulder then clamped down. Have a fantastic vacation and enjoy the wedding.

Today I work and I''m kidsitting this evening. I''ll need to come home and work on school, hopefully get some exercise in before I head out.

Have a wonderful Friday all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 11:30:28 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Tuesday sounds great. J told me where we are staying as I was sleepily getting ready for work this morning. I''ll let you know where as soon as I figure out a where -- I remember him saying something about the river -- he''s engrossed in baseball at the moment, don''t want to disturb!
9.gif
We''re not early risers in Chicago, it''s three hours ahead, will 9:30 or so be okay with you? I''m so excited too!

Kimi, 9:30 is fine--make it later even if you want because I know it''s really 2 hours earlier for you.

Have to bolt off to a meeting with people who are trying to steal me away from my current real estate brokerage. I have no intention of switching but I want to know what I''m worth to someone else because if it''s a much better package I''m going to go renegotiate with my firm. Gotta love being an independent contractor, LOL.

Will check in more later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2007 9:19:33 AM
Author: jas
Ooh, girl, it''s vegetable dip. Creamy and full of fat, sodium, probably lead. Delicious! I know I''ll cave by the end of the morning.

yum234.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Bwah -- I just had a parent tell me that her son thinks I look like a vampire. A "nice" vampire, but a vampire. She said it's because I have "strong features" and long dark hair.

I'm not sure how to take that. But I choose to think I look like the undead.

That may be the funniest (both funny haha and funny weird) description of me. Ever.

On topic -- i've already had 3 glasses of water today! Yea! Water!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2007 9:58:33 AM
Author: jas
Bwah -- I just had a parent tell me that her son thinks I look like a vampire. A ''nice'' vampire, but a vampire. She said it''s because I have ''strong features'' and long dark hair.

I''m not sure how to take that. But I choose to think I look like the undead.

That may be the funniest (both funny haha and funny weird) description of me. Ever.

On topic -- i''ve already had 3 glasses of water today! Yea! Water!
HUH???????
6.gif
How charming. I know kids say silly and blunt/ rude things at times, but I don''t think it is in the best of taste to repeat something like that, especially to the person in question.

You do NOT look like a vampire Jas, you are gorgeous and that is all there is to it!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lor - thanks. I wasn''t fishin'' for compliments. I just thought it was so odd. And i agree. There seems to be no filter between these people''s brains and their mouths.

I''m laughing about this one for a looong time. I will also repeat this to my husband,...who will then proceed to say "suck it" to me ad nauseum.

Snerk. Off for more coffee.

Does anyone else on here have a coffee/tea addiction like I do???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA jas i''d so make a sucky teacher because my response back to the parent woulda been something along the lines of ''well tell him if he doesn''t do his homework, i''m going to make him one of us''. somehow doubt the parents relaying vampiric information would be super jazzed at that type of response. oh well.

kimi and dj, you gals have fun next week, how exciting. i won''t be around to read the tales of you two hanging out. i don''t think that either of us are taking a laptop, sacrilege, i don''t know how we''ll make it without one but i imagine we''ll soldier through. though i''m tempted to ummm...take mine because i know our hotel has wifi in the rooms. so it''s quite tempting. and then i could ...um...check work email once or twice? or is that just wrong. haven''t really decided yet. i''d love to be there with no strings but i don''t know if our cells will be working so a laptop might be the only connection to the ''outside world'' we''ll really have hehe.

marcy, yay for baggy rap pants but boo that you need to get new ones, what a pain huh? i hope you are buying a bunch of cheapo stuff from like old navy or target or something to get you by til you reach your new svelte, sleek state. no more of those $100 jeans ya hear? woops, that''s me. hehee.

anyway i feel much better this morning after 9 hours of sleep, which i hope means that i have mostly kicked this thing trying to get me, or at least pushed it back a bit...i just took a big horse pill vitamin so hopefully that will also help. i just had breakkie of 4 egg whites, 1/4c shredded 2% blend cheese, salt and pepper scrambled and put into a la tortilla factory artisan style tortilla. quite yummy and lots of protein and minimal carbs.

i''m a little stressed about portia, she gets really bad fall skin allergies and last year she had a patch of hair fall out around this time of year. well this week we noticed she was biting on her paw a lot and she basically has another small red patch that''s fallen out...and we are trying to keep her from getting at it. trouble is it''s her paw so it''s very easy access for her to chomp on it any time. and she does try. so we keep washing it off (saliva makes it itch more) and then have put one of her baby socks on it...but i don''t want to really leave her alone because that''s when she bites it. i got so upset with her last nite after finding that since she''d had her sock off for like 5 min she''d bitten it all red again. greg was like ''i dont know if she understands you'' and i was like ''OH she understands...she knows she''s not supposed to bite it, that''s why she waits til we are out of the room then goes to town!'' i swear. so anyway last year when her patch fell out the dr thought that she probably had a staph infection which is not uncommon with loss of hair, so i''m wondering if that is what it is again, if so she needs antibiotics. but on the other hand i just hope it''s maybe a red raw spot she bit and it''s not staph. i don''t want my mom to have to hassle with taking her to the vet next week, but i also don''t really have the time before we go to do it either! also last year the meds they gave us gave her an allergic reaction which made her break out in hives! so, dilemma. but in the meantime, she''s got her sock on and we''re trying not to leave her alone too much and remember to keep the sock on, so yeah...sucky. plus i''m sure she feels crappy and it''s itchy. i figure we''ll see how she is doing tonite and then if it''s still really irritated looking, call the vet tomorrow morning and see if they can squeeze us in for 10 min which will totally throw our last day here off but oh well. such is life!!

so anyhow that''s my update. off to get ready for work, yay for friday!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

I am so proud of you!! Doesn''t it feel good dropping clothes sizes????? Keep up the wonderful work you are doing.

Linda

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! sorry i've been MIA lately...it's been super busy at the office, plus my boyfriend is working abroad for the next few months, so most of my computer time has been taken up talking to him! i'm still keeping up with the healthy eating and working out, and my body is still loving west african dance. this is the smallest i've been since i started college. i was in nyc this past weekend and went a little nuts with new clothes...but lots of my old stuff doesn't fit anymore, so i had a good excuse! it's actually kind of hard - now that i am little again, many more clothes look good on me, and i have to be picky about what i choose to buy!

i'm walking in a diabetes charity walk tomorrow morning with some coworkers, so that will be my exercise for the day. the route is 4 miles, not too shabby.

everyone sounds like they are doing great, keep up the good work!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I look forward to the day when I don't have to bring my laptop everywhere I go. The light at the end of the tunnel for finishing school is still looking pretty dim to me.

DeeJay, I'll talk to J and see if he wants to meet up at 9:30 or 10, I'll let you know before we leave on Sunday.

Jas, what a terrible thing to say, between your vampire-ish and my devilish looks we'd be quite a team of teachers!

Marcy, so awesome about the clothes being too big already. I remember the "nothing fits stages" during my weight loss, I was a size 10 and wearing size 16 clothes because I didn't want to spend money on things that were only going to fit for a short time. I was a mess for about 6 months.

Had a great day with the kids, I'm going to relax for a bit before I head off to kidsit. Have a great night all!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Evening all,

DH and I just got back from a three-mile walk. It was pretty chilly, but it felt good to be out of the apartment and spend some time together (I''ve been busy with school; he''s often at work during the time I''m home). Aside from the obvious benefit of the great company, I actually prefer walking with him since I feel it''s a better workout for me--I have to pace myself that much faster to keep up with his longer stride.

It sounds like everyone is doing so well--some of you are just melting away the pounds!

Skippy, I never tire of compliments about my ring! However, my sidestones are actually tsavorite garnets, not emeralds, but you''re by no means the first person to make that mistake. I chose the shot in my avatar actually because it''s the best picture I have of the arrows in my diamond--it really doesn''t do my tsavorites justice. Such a wonderful shade of green in every light! Hope you''re feeling better, and if it does end up being a cold, Cold-Eeze really is incredible.

Marcy, I actually used to be a lot heavier than I am now back when I was in high school--luckily I''ve never come close to hitting that weight again. Sometimes you just have to go through that awkward period of the clothes being ridiculously big since it''s pointless to buy new ones. I got rid of all those bigger clothes just to remind myself I would never be that size again. My rule of thumb is once you need a smaller belt, it''s time to invest in some new pants, too. Keep up the great work!

TanDogMom, way to indulge yourself at the fair! Sometimes you really do need to treat yourself.

Dee*Jay, this cracked me up: "TanDogMom, every once in a while you need to go to a fair and eat some crap!" You obviously don''t have the same kind of fairs I grew up with...

Well, I''m off to do some lights weights and ab work. Have a great weekend, everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am so excited this week is over. I have to do my astronomy program tonight then I have nothing planned for the weekend. Woo hoo!
I was starving this morning so had a SL bun, 1 egg, some 2% cheese and a piece of Canadian bacon in a BF sandwich. It was great and kept me full most of the morning.
Good to see this thread so busy this week.
Mara, I was glad to hear you are feeling better now. Your partial cupcake sounds divine. I hope to get a homemade cookie at my meeting tonight. Have a great time on your trip. I did buy some clothes this time around $40 to $50 but I am going back to the cheapie stuff again. A lot of those clothes should fit my mother so I don’t mind giving them to her. I already told my DH to look out when I get to where I want to be; I’ll have some of those $100 jeans. Then I’ll need nicer / bigger jewelry to go with my new clothes. It’s a vicious circle. Tee Hee. I was sorry to hear about Portia. I hope she gets better.
Jas, you mom is very cool giving you a bowl of cut-up veggies. You’ve inspired me to go find your posts and read about you wedding plans. I am sure you are counting down the days; it’ll be good to be rid of Zippy the pinhead forever. I do think my journey is amazing – at least to me anyway. I give away all my clothes when they get to big; I don’t want to have the luxury of “fat pants”. I am glad to hear the other kids stuck up for you. Have fun with a “skippy” and your elliptical. I had a coke addiction but rarely drink it anymore.
Kimi, I missed you got bit. OMG! I hope you had a relaxing kidsit evening. Thanks. I don’t mind big tops but sure hate the baggy pants and jeans. I plan on buying the cheapies again instead of believing something will fit me for months.
DeeJay, you are obviously worth more so good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi Lorelei!
Hi Linda. Thanks; it is nice to get in to smaller sizes. I look forward to my size 8 Macy’s pants like yours. Woo hoo for us!
Shortblonde, that is wonderful news you are the smallest you’ve been since college. That is a marvelous achievement. Congratulations. Enjoy your walk tomorrow.
I must leave for my meeting. I don’t have time to proof read this so if I made any typos-sorry. Laters.
Hi Skippy!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!

I just added up my cals for the day and I''m at a whopping 1620--and I didn''t even see it coming! I ate a bunch of small things, but boy do they add up fast... From and exercise standpoint I walked probably 4ish miles today in three different spurts.

My meeting with the competing real estate firm this morning was enlightening. If I was at all looking to move over I would have just signed on the line today based on the numbers they threw out at me. I have no idea why they are so keen on me--certainly there are other agents that produce WAY more than I do that they could recruit. On Monday I''m going to talk to my own managing broker to see what they''re willing to pony up. Should be interesting.

The HH comes home late tonight. I''ll probably be long asleep by the time he gets in but I don''t have to meet my client tomorrow until 10 am so maybe we can have breakfast or something.

Kimi, any time is fine, just let me know when and where!

Shortblond, enjoy your walk tomorrow, and yay for cute new clothes!

Mara, The Demon gets spring and fall allergies and one of his symptoms is that he licks his paws. Obsessively. Non-frickin''-stop. Lap lap lap... The vet told us to get Tavist D in the lowest doseage but they changed the formula now and it''s not good for dogs any more (I think the magic ingredient was clymastin [sp?]). We have enough to get through this year but come next spring I might have to resort to doggie allergy pills.

jas, how wonderful for you that you don''t have to find a costume for Halloween! Just kiddin--what the hell was she thinking repeating that to you? And no dice on the auction Wednesday night. It''s our townhouse complex annual meeting and I have to go find out what''s going on around here, LOL.

Marcy, do you have an inexpensive seamstress nearby that could take in the seams of your pants when they get too big? You could probably have it done at least once with each pair and that might save you at least a little bit of $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results