shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 15th Oct till 21st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday. Just a few minutes before DHW, and the gay couple is moving in tonight, so I don't want to miss that one.....LOL

Oh Skippy, you brighten my day everytime you write!! Today was unseasonably warm and muggy. Then while we were at the gym, it started to pour and it rained for over an hour and the streets flooded. And of course I just had my car washed and waxed yesterday, so Rod couldn't have a dirty newly waxed car, so he had to come home from the gym, and wash the car all over again. It's tough being an Anal Car Daddy as you all have come to know about me. Anyway, I'm afraid sunny Tampa was not too sunny today. But, we've heard that the first real almost chilly air of the season is heading our way and we may be in the 50's at night, by Thursday. Woo Hoo, can't wait for a little cooler weather for sure. And glad to hear the scales still moving down for you too!!

Marcy, sorry, but your high today was supposed to be 36 degrees??? And you've already had snow. Oh no..........Rod wouldn't like that one little bit. My family likes Costco better than Sams. I don't really get into either myself. We just don't buy things in gallon sizes. LOL. To me, Costco is brighter and better stocked than Sams, but some people love Sams over Costco and some love Costco over Sams. Also, I was surprised to see that Costco has some pretty good values on some not so bad diamonds. Go figure.

Yay for a three mile run Phoenix. And after a day of wine tasting, you did good!

Other than the rain and having to rewash my car, we had a very nice day. We are going to a Halloween party next weekend. I'm not really a party lover, yet alone costume parties, but they are good friends and we couldn't say no. So, we went costume shopping today. Slim pickings at this late date and we don't really want to make a significant investment in a one night use outfit, so we bought a set of hospital scrubs and a hospital gown. And I got two pretty cool fangs to attach to my top teeth and some fake blood, so you probably guessed that I'm going as a vampire doctor and Charlie is going as the hospital patient who I feed on. LOL We're going to put the name Dr. McDreary on my scrub (as a take off from Dr. McDreamy). It's a cheap costume, and at the last minute was about as creative as we could manage.

Then we had lunch, coffee at Sbucks and a good long workout. As is my custom on Sunday's, I work out harder and include way more sets and different machines and weights since Monday is a day off. When we came we fixed a nice chicken and brown rice dish (simple in the microwave recipe), with steamed brocoli, then we went for a 4 mile walk. It's breezy tonight, but still quite humid. Still, we walked quite briskly. I figure with the extra weighted squats I did at the gym, coupled with my usual intense 35 minutes on the elliptical, followed by washing and drying my car, followed by a 4 mile brisk walk, I've had a pretty healthy and fit day. But, I also figure I'm going to be a little sore in the morning.

Anyway, that's all the news from our side of the planet. DHW, is about to start and I'm going to curl up with a kitty in my lap and have 3 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate and a fresh Fuji Apple. Yummmmmm.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was pretty much a hermit today except for going out to mail something and venturing out tonight to try to find a comet. I am not ready for this cold of weather!
PhoenixGirl, thanks for kudos. Yay for jogging 3 miles. Your tour of vineyards sounds fun. I’d still be talking if I sampled a bunch of wine.
Skippy, I will have to check out Costco; they have them around in Colorado. I am so excited to hear you lost a pound. Woo hoo! I live in Cheyenne. With wind chill it feels like 21 outside right now. No wonder I didn’t want to hang around trying to find that comet. Sorry to hear it’s chilly and windy where you live too.
Steph, I am delighted to hear your hair turned out the way you wanted it to look. Sorry you had to spend $$ on it though. No worries about a piece of pizza.
TanDogMom, I bet the leaves were really pretty. Good luck with your low GI eating for 2 weeks. I hope the doctor can figure out how to get your hormones back in balance.
Rod, sorry to hear your clean and waxed car got rained on. I am glad you got it all shiny again though. Your night lows will be my day highs for awhile, enjoy those cooler nights. We generally don’t buy food at Sams either because like you and Charlie, we can’t eat that much food. That is amazing Costco has some nice diamonds. Your Halloween costumes sound fun. The party we are going to has a theme so I need to figure out something as a game character. I was thinking queen of diamonds but have no idea how to dress up for that (other than wear lots of diamonds). Suggestions are welcome for my costume ideas.
Have a great evening.
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well dang, I missed the whole weekend here on this thread but just wanted you all to know i''m still alive and kicking!

Miss mara, have a wonderful time in Mexico!

Gaaahh I''m still looking for cars, watched the Bears win early evening with DH (Bears were on the road in Philly), so that was good, they pulled it out in the end and won...and we''ve been steadily working on home stuff all weekend. Other than that, nothing too positive or negative to report. I''ll be checking in tomorrow for sure!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Monday morning everyone! I am going to try to be back on track today after a pizza and ice cream filled weekend. So far, for breakfast I had an egg topped with 1 piece of deli ham and 2% cheese melted on top. For lunch, I am going to have a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat pita and fruit (Andrew and I are going for another picnic at the park) and for dinner I am picking up a rotesserie (sp?) chicken and making some veggies. I am going to try to drink lots of water today too...haven''t been drinking enough lately. I am going to go running when DH gets home tonight...I was too lazy to get up this morning
8.gif
. Everyone have a great day!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I know you guys discussed these things months ago but I just got around to making the box I bought back then, and ... OH. MY. GOD ... No Pudge brownies are insanely good!!!
18.gif
I think they''re even better than "normal" brownies. Soooooo fudgeeeeeee.

Just had to put a reminder out there for all of you good people who deserve yummy NO FAT treats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results