shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 15th Oct till 21st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. The bad news is I ate a glazed Krispy Kreme donut today but since it’s 200 cals I just skipped my a.m. and p.m. 100 cal snack so it should all come out okay.
Lorelei, I hope your hip doesn’t flare up from doing some exercising today. I am glad it is better though. Good luck on the new part fixing the TM. Thanks for the Yay!
DeeJay, LOL about the hairsprayed variety danger with flaming cheese. It does sound divine. It sounds like customer service is bad everywhere, huh? That would be so sweet to get the inside track on a sweet investment deal. That is nice getting flowers though.
Skippy, yay for loosing 7 pounds now and 2 pounds since last week. Woo hoo! That is wonderful you fit in to your jeans. Thanks for the yay for my pound. I will go get your recipe for stew. I love crock pot cooking.
Steph, I can’t wait to see your ring. It sounds pretty. That is really neat you and your son have the same birthday. A trip to Disneyworld will be really fun for all of you.
Divergirl, DeeJay beat me to PBJ and also grilled cheese are quick and easy.
Kimberly, that is wonderful one of your kids said such a sweet thing to you.
Tdiddy, it sounds like you had quite a workout tonight. That could counter any McD’s damage.
Well, have a great evening. We are closer to the weekend. Yippee!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I had to pop in to say hi to everyone.

I am so darn excited. I went out shopping at Macys this afternoon. I wanted to get a new pair of black pants also a pair of brown ones.

I had no idea what size I wear anymore, since I have been loosing weight. The nicest sales was helping me and asked me what size. I told her, I guess a size 12. Well she brought me a 12, too big, she brought me a 10 too big. She said, dear I think you are a size 8. Yay, I am now a size 8. Best darn news I have had in a long time.

Dieting, and exercise has paid off. Funny, how I still saw my self bigger, until I put the size 8 pants on.

I was so excited I bought myself a beautiful lamb leather brown jacket too. Already have one in black, but a girl needs a brown one too right????
9.gif

I''m still getting over bronchitis, so after my shopping trip, I had to come home and take a nap. Oh yes, I also bought two new tops, to go with my new pants and jacket.

Hope everyone is dong well. I''ll read the posts now and catch up.

Linda

36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All,

Yay for the scale budging downward Kimberly! And how sweet that one of your favorite kids missed you and told you so! I still say what you is simply remarkable!

WOO HOO for two pounds Skippy. See, all that walking is paying big dividends! And thanks for the compliment on my attitude. I try to be a positive bloke most of the time.......LOL

DeeJay, your musings have been fun to read lately. You should have gotten out of the accounting world ages ago!! Glad that man helped you and also glad you didn''t kiss him. Bill might not have appreciated that and Bill''s a keeper, but I''m sure you knew that without my reminder
28.gif
!!

And of course another WOW for Marcy and her amazing shrinking self!! You just amaze us!! Thanks for the kudo''s on Rebuild Rod too!

Speaking of.........I forgot to mention that we ran into a friend yesterday that we handn''t seen since Rebuild Rod began and she just looked dumbfounded over the way I look. She kept touching my belly and asking where it went!! I must admit it was nice to hear from someone who the last time they saw me I was an overweight out of shape guy, but now two years later saw me in much better shape. She kept saying I looked 10 - 15 years younger! I see me everyday, so the changes are incremental. But, for someone who hasn''t seen me in two years, it''s nice to know the changes are significant.

Another long day at the office. Charlie had a nice relaxing day at the beach, lucky him. Then we met at our favorite diner for dinner, followed by frozen yogurt and coffee under the oak tree. It was a nice evening for sure.

Tomorrow is a gym night and I''ll have to work a bit harder as Friday will be another day off and I usually work harder the day before a day off. Oh and the scale gods were happy with me as I hadn''t weighed myself in a couple weeks and I decided to see what the blasted thing had to say this morning and I was steady at 174. Not bad when you consider where I was a couple years ago!!

That''s about all I have for the day. I hope your day was terrific!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Linda, Hooray for the new clothing size!!!

Marcy, it''s even more special that my little friend missed me because he is autistic. I''m feeling a bit melancholy about my kids tonight. I need to learn to not take work home with me, not an easy lesson.

J just suprised me, we''re going to Chicago next week to see Bruce Springsteen, should be so much fun.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Gail......I don''t mean to demean the G too much. It''s just that I''ve owned two Infiniti''s in my life and both were just a major disappointment to me. There are lot''s of people who are truly happy with theirs and if it''s the right car for you, I say WOO HOO! I must say though that I don''t agree with your comment that the interior of the G is more luxurious than the BMW. It is more tech laden for sure, but not more luxurious. Of course that''s just my opinion. And while the G does pack a punch, it''s punch is not quite as strong as the BMW 335i, but the BMW 335i is a few thousand $$ more than the Inifiniti. That said, remember the BMW comes with all scheduled service included bumper to bumper for four full years, including oil changes and even brakes if necessary, which the G does not include. Not that I''m trying to sway you of course.............
12.gif
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly,

Lucky you!!!!
36.gif
I love Bruce Springsteen. You will have a wonderful time. What a great surprise that was.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, I am so excited for you. Congratulations on wearing size 8. Woo hoo!!!
36.gif
I hope you recover from bronchitis soon.
Rod, thanks for the wow on the ever shrinking Marcy; I find myself looking in the mirror more and more and being proud and surprised what I see looking back. That is so awesome your friend said you look so much younger. You can’t complain about that. That is funny she kept touching your belly. It’s like she is making sure you are real. Tell Charlie he was lucky today spending the time relaxing at the beach. Our Audi must come with about the same warranty as your BMW. We had our brakes done in May and I felt like skipping all the way to my car when I found out they were covered under warranty and now I probably could. Ha Ha.
Kimberly, that is what makes you such a special lady; you don’t leave your job behind. I am sure it is hard sometimes. What a special treat to go to a Bruce Springsteen concert.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Marcy.

You should be proud of yourself, you have worked very hard!!!!!!!!! We are all very very proud of you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much for saying that Linda. It means a lot of me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to catch up w/posts but I wanted to say a big YAY to Linda's size 8!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I hope you feel better.

Hey Dee, Rod, Marcy and Kimi! Sweet dreams all! Kimi, Bruce. . . super cool!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you sweet Skippy,

If I still didn''t feel so rotten, I would jump up and down and say YAY too, ha ha ha.

My hubby told me to stop wearing baggy pants now, ha ha ha.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! Meant to chime in last night but I was too pooped to party here on the WWT, sorry! I did manage to read yesterday''s posts and I just now skimmed today''s, though. Last night I got home and ate a quick dinner of a grilled portabello on a whole wheat bun with half slice of provolone and some ff balsamic vinaigrette on the side for dipping, plus a little mixed green salad...DH has been good about making dinners once or twice a week since I started my job almost two months ago now so he threw on a mushroom cap for me while he was grilling a burger for himself, ah so nice to come home to a nice meal, lol! Then I was off to visit a friend and watch DWTS results and catch up a bit. No workout last night, sadly...I really need to get into a regular routine of working out again, I seem to get into it for a few days in a row, then can''t find time, then get back into it, etc. I guess something''s better than nothing, though.

DeeJay, from page one...stir fry? What stir fry? Please refresh my memory, was it me with the stirfry or someone else, I''m so confused, LOL! Glad you''re keeping super busy (which will equal super successful and even more super jewelry, hee hee) with the real estate thang...I wish you were OUR realtor!

Linda, we are size twins, I''m now down to an 8 pretty consistently (brandwise) as well! It''s pretty exciting to go into a fitting room and have your usual size or what you think your size is turn out to be way too big, huh. Good for you, your post sounds so joyous! Nothing like a positive fitting room experience, I always say.

Skippy, Thanks for checking in on my WW to give some insight on the Saabs. And btw, you totally keep me coming back to this thread even when I have nothing major to report ''cause you say you miss me when I''m gone, LOL! Great job on the 2lb. loss, way to go!!!
36.gif

Rod, *sigh* I WANT me a Bimmer, but can''t afford the one I really want right now. DH says if I''m still not over the BMW thing in a few years we''ll make it happen for my next ride. If I lived in a climate zone that was RWD friendly all year round I could swing it, but the AWD option puts me just over my comfort level payment-wise and ya know I gotta save that extra dough for sparklies! (Ok, and life''s other necessities like clothes. Ok, and those other annoying things called bills. Ha ha.)
9.gif
That''s so cool that you saw someone from pre-HotbodRod days and you got such a great reaction. That Charlie of yours sure is lucky getting to use up his vacation days lying around on the beach! My DH ALWAYS has a ton of leftover vacation days at the end of the year and I never seem to have any left, I get a little bummed out about it but in the end I figure he has a more high-stress job than I do with all the traveling he does so I don''t begrudge him one bit. Plus the more relaxed he is, the more fun we have together and it sounds like you and Charlie truly enjoyed your time together tonight after he got to relax all day, that''s great!

Kimi, soooo fun that you get to see Springsteen in Chicago next week! Gosh, aren''t you the concert-going PS''r these days...first Buffett at MSG and now Springsteen in Chicago...what''s next--Madonna?! LOL! Very exciting, have fun in Chicago next week, the weather here is a little crazy (temps are up and down and who knows what to predict for a 10-day forecast, pay no attention to anything online since it never turns out to be accurate imo) so pack jeans and layers for sure. Are you staying downtown? Oh, the friend I went to visit last night is doing a 6-week sub stint with special needs 4-6 graders, she was relating some stories to me last night that totally reminded me of your experiences--she has an autistic 4th grader who is quite the challenge, thinks he''s Christopher Columbus and likes to call her a liar, lol. She''s really enjoying the rewards though, in less than a week she says she has already made good progress with the bunch and is tired but feels good about the group overall.

Tandogmom, thanks also for the advice on my WW re. cars! As always, I appreciate any and all advice/input. Re. abs and not having had children yet, I''m in a similar boat, I want to make sure I''m at my fittest overall before I go through pregnancy because I know it will make it much easier for my body to bounce back post-preg. BUT, it seems I can never get my abs looking super fabulous, I might have a flat stomach when I''m at my thinnest but I can''t say I''ve ever had a six-pack. Even when I was 17-18 and very trim and toned overall, I still never achieved true muscular definition in that area, but I think it''s partly genetics. I ended up with great arms that are pretty easily tone-able and show enough definition, but my abs and hips...forget it. It''s not that I''ll stop trying to get them there, but I guess you could say I''ve sort of lowered my expectations of that area, especially since I''ve put forth my best effort and it hasn''t happened in the last 15 years, lol! Hey, there''s always lipo, I guess, hee hee.
2.gif
9.gif
You''re doing great as always, I am always in awe of how dedicated you are to working out on a regular basis. Thanks for the info on the ipod thingy--I''m not a runner but would like to use my ipod while walking outdoors and have it tell me how many calories I''m burning/miles walked, etc. without having to buy nikes since they aren''t a good fit for my feet. Your advice was very helpful!

Marcy, yay! You are doing wonderfully as always! You make us all proud!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!

lol DJ that cheese doesn't really sound all that appealing...so maybe that's a good thing. i do love me some baklava though!

tdiddy, yay for a new strength workout and ab pain...hehee. i do like feeling sore because i know that i worked it out at least.

today was a no workout day and i enjoyed it! it's funny to read about your day getting derailed DJ...sometimes i can't make it work timewise, but i try to mentally remember that it's part of my 'job' mentally now. you can make up for it tomorrow anyway hehe.

after work i went to the mall finally, i have been daydreaming about shoe shopping forever and scouring the nordstrom site drooling over shoes. so i tried on like 4-5 things that i liked but ended up with one pair of BCBG heels that i really like...and am ordering a pair of burgundy patent flats online because they didn't have the color i wanted in the store. but i'm still seeking one or two more things so we'll see.

came home to find that my new bikini from bluefly arrived, woo hoo!! but wow when they say 'minimal coverage' i guess they mean it. after trying to tug it up in strange areas i figured well when in mexico....do as the half naked tourists do? hehehe. so i'll keep it. i have been checking it out online for months now so i finally bit the bullet and bought it. and got a pretty soft blue scoopneck cable cashmere sweater too. i tried on a bunch of summer clearance dresses at max studio hoping to find a cute dress for the wedding but while one of them was super cute, it did not flatter my bust area at all and didn't give me enough support. so i'm sticking with the other dress i bought a few weeks ago.

dinner tonite was TJ's pizzas (tried the portabello mushroom and garlic one which was REALLY good) and green beans. i'm really light on cals today, even though i had some fage and better n'peanut butter, but i'm not really hungry....however i should eat something else so we'll see..it's bedtime soon. anyhow, hope everyone had a great day...tomorrow's thurs, just 2 more days til the weekend and our vacation will be starting whee!

yay for a size 8 linda, that's so awesome, congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I haven''t the time to read through all the posts yet but skimmed and saw that Linda is a size 8! Woohoo, way to go.
36.gif
My own weight loss is going slower now. 1 lb after 2 weeks. I can''t wait to get under 140 lbs, that''s my new weight goal.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, Linda on the size 8....that is awesome!
Mara, good for you for ordering the bikini...you''ve worked hard to be able to wear it, so wear it proudly girl!
Well, I had a fun afternoon yesterday. We have a park at the front of our neighborhood, so I decided to take Andrew up there for a picnic and then to play on the playground. Well, our neighborhood is huge, and I estimated the park to be about a mile or mile and a half away. I thought, that will be a great opportunity for some exercise if we just walk, plus the weather here has been getting cooler so it will be nice......well, I didn''t watch the weather report obviously because it felt like the middle of July with the sun beating down on us. And trying to walk a mile or more with a 2 year old''s short legs took us forever....so, 45 minutes later we finally arrived at the park, sweaty and tired to have our picnic. It was fun though and Andrew had a blast playing with the other kids. The only problem was that when we were finished, we had to make the walk home. Andrew finally sat down on the sidewalk and said "mom, next time we go to the park, can you drive us?"
3.gif
We must have looked pretty miserable because this old man in a mini van stopped and asked if we need a ride. Okay, our neighborhood is safe and all, but who accepts a ride from strangers these days? I just said no thanks, we are trying to get some exercise! Anyway, we made it home and Andrew passed out for a nap, so I got to watch the Bachelor which I had on tivo while I did my weights! I guess it all paid off...today I was down a pound....wooohooo!! Only 9 more to go until I reach my goal! Everyone have a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 8:30:46 AM
Author: Chrono
Hello all!

I haven''t the time to read through all the posts yet but skimmed and saw that Linda is a size 8! Woohoo, way to go.
36.gif
My own weight loss is going slower now. 1 lb after 2 weeks. I can''t wait to get under 140 lbs, that''s my new weight goal.
Not to worry Chrono, that is still great going, especially as you don''t have much to lose!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I did my workout last night which went well and some weights, no iffy hip pains I am pleased to report. It was a great workout which I really enjoyed! Still waiting on the treadmill, but hopefully the next new part won''t be long.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei,
Thanks for the "chin up" encouragement. I keep reminding myself that I''m only 5 lbs away from my goal, plus I''m still nursing, so maybe my body wants to hold on to that last 5 lbs until my baby weans. I''m not giving up though.
16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 8:55:34 AM
Author: Chrono
Lorelei,
Thanks for the 'chin up' encouragement. I keep reminding myself that I'm only 5 lbs away from my goal, plus I'm still nursing, so maybe my body wants to hold on to that last 5 lbs until my baby weans. I'm not giving up though.
16.gif
You are welcome! You will do it Chrono, keep working at it! Maybe it is harder because of the nursing as you say, but you will get there and keep it off as you are taking as good approach to it!

Congrats too Linda - whatta feeling!
3.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, your friends'' class sounds quite challenging! I''ll plan to wear layers. We''re actually seeing John Cougar Mellencamp in a few weeks. John''s been bit by the traveling bug more than usual lately. That means lots of fun for me!

I haven''t been eating my ice cream at night since I got home, I keep falling asleep before I get around to it. Not sure if that''s a good thing or a bad thing!

Work and then kidsitting for me today.

Have a great day all!

~K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all! Just back from a walk with the pups. Man they get up early...

Today I'll be back down on the south side, then I'm covering a showing for someone that's 1.3 miles away so I'm going to walk both ways. Funny, I used to walk a mile to and from work every day AND exercised, and now I think of walking AS exercise, LOL.

Monnie, senility at 37 is a terrible thing! It was Kimi who was having the stir fry. Sorry about that!

Chrono, don't worry, you'll be at your new weight goal in no time.

Lorelei, yay for no hip pain!

Steph, even though the walk was a little long and hot I'm glad you and Andrew had a nice picnic in the sun. And you're right--who accepts rides from strangers these days?--but it was nice of him to stop and ask. There is still kindness in the world!

Mara, I love a GOOD baklava, but I'm often disappointed so I've stopped getting it. Sometimes they are just too much like a big brick of filo and nuts and honey and there's not enough moisure and flakiness going on. There must be some magic art to making a good one.

Stephi, thanks for posting that recipe--it sounds yummy!

Marcy, girlfriend, one KK donut ain't gonna do you in. I'm amazed at your willpower to skip the other two snacks though. You are a stronger woman that I am!

Linda, that is AWESOME! I had a similar "ah ha" moment in Ann Taylor last summer and it was just the best feeling in the world. Good for you!

Rod, if you think my posts are funny you should get a few drinks in me and see me in person. Oh wait--you have!
2.gif
And yes, that HH of mine is indeed a keeper.

Kimi, Bruce Springsteen!!! How exciting! Let me know if you have a spare minute when you're here; would love to get together!

TanDogMom, the Caribou is over on Kingsbury around Huron. It's in a building with a nice park by the river and I've only been in there a few times, but I think it might become a new "haunt" for me.

Tdiddy, I'm with you on getting your yearly fix on some things (but I do have to confess I end up at McD's more than just once a year... )

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Linda, CONGRATS on losing 2 sizes! That is fantastic!

Marcy congrats on your continued progress! YOu have lost the equiv of a small person by now, that is amazing!

Monarch thanks for the note and I am glad the ipod description helped! I think there is a setting for walking and it is so helpful to have the feedback about how far you've gone the cals burned, etc. I can't believe that whole system is only about $30 - it is SO worth it!

Rod I hope I didn't come off as argumentative re: the cars. You know better than I do b/c you have owned the cars in question! I guess what frustrated me is that the BMW we drove cost well over $30K and had vinyl inside, which looked surprisingly fine but seemed to me kind of a cop out. I feel that for those prices leather should be included. Still it was a fabulous looking car and very fun to drive. The G felt like it was loaded with the bells and whistles I would expect in a car of that price range. Of the people DH and I know personally, our one friend with the G has had no problems, but several people with BMWs have had annoying repair issues (under warranty) and expensive repair issues and maintenance (after warranty). Safety and reliability are much more important to me than looks though and I will absolutely have to do more research before buying anything - which is fine b/c we're not serious about a new car until next year at the soonest anyway. Although the G tops my wish list, I asked DH what topped his at the moment, and he said definitely the 3 series. And of course, this goes without saying, but your car is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay I''ve never been to that Caribou but anything with a river view sounds like a fabulous place to get some work done and just hang out! It can be your new "remote office!" You sound so happy since going full time real estate, and that is fantastic!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carjacking here:
While I love driving my Beamer (bought in 2000, souped up with leather and bells and whistles), once the warranty passed, the maintenance has been very costly. I also suppose its because it has higher mileage now (133K) but I drive all my cars for at least 10 years. I''ve already spent enough money on it this year to buy a 1 ct H SI ACA stone.
14.gif
I''m already thinking of what to get as a replacement even though I''ve got 3 more years.

Any recommendations? It needs to have decent fuel comsumption too. At least 25 mpg. Looks nice, drives well, low maintenance, 4 wheel drive needed for the NE area.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all. Thank you for the well-wishes. I'm just fine. We weren't trying to make a person, I just thought we had. I was surprised by how disappointed I feel.

Sadly, though, a student told me (and by "old" I mean "called out in the middle of a lecture about nuclear proliferation¨) I "look pregnant"and did NOT say this in a nice way. I dealt with it without overreacting (he was TOTALLY looking for a reaction). But I have to say that stuck with me because (a) I have serious TOTM crankies (b) I have a fibroid that gives me a lovely pooch and (c) I'm just sensitive about that, considering.

Plus, it was just, well, so rude. I mean, really, would you ever say that to a teacher (in a way meant to insult?) To any adult? Sheesh. What kind of kids are we raising. Fortunately, other kids in the class shot him down, so to speak.

DH and I had to sell the old elliptical because it was the size of an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History and we could only put it in the front hall, which is not exactly the impression we wanted to give guests in our home! ("Hi! Welcome to the JAS house. Now EXERCISE or leave")

We just got a newer, sleeker model and it seems pretty cool! I won¡¦t be able to get on it until Saturday, but I'm pretty pumped to do so! I have parent conferences today and Friday and need to get out the adrenaline. I'm so jazzed that it no longer looks like Jack LaLane decorated my house!

Eating is really good these days. Lotsa fish, lots of veggies. Tonight, a lame salad courtesy of the PTA. Whoo! Tomorrow night -- wine! And Whine!

DeeJay, you were literally TWO blocks from where I live! Hooray Saganaki! Which restaurant did you go to? Portions tend to be HUGE in Greektown, so we know that when we go out to dinner, we are really getting something like 6 meals for the price of two! Yummo! Your Day o' Real Estate fun was quite a treat to read. You have the most interesting days! I won't make assumptions about your evenings

face23.gif

Skippy -- I am so impressed with your walking program. Some days, I can only do a "mental walk" but I can picture walking with you, chatting away about sparkling things and hot air balloons! Yea on the jeans! Huge accomplishment because jeans are so unforgiving. Please post pictures of the tote when you can.

TanDogMom - the pill was really great for me for a long time, but my body has become increasingly sensitive to hormone shifts due to thyroid issues

Welcome Steph!

Phoenixgirl -- I envy you - when I got a digital scale, it read five pounds heavier than my old scale! You must feel awesome and inspired!

Rod hang in there! It's almost Friday! My goodness 2 years on the Build a Better Rod program! That is awesome and highly motivational for me. I feel like I'm on the precipice of a new JAS (or at least a new ass on jas) and I keep just doing a little at a time, knowing it's the long haul. You really inspire me! As does all your sushi/froyo talk!

Kimberly Hee! My husband low-balls my weight too, but I think that's more self-preservation on his part. Have an AWESOME time at the concert here. I'll wave to you from my house.

LINDA! ROCK ON WITH YOUR SIZE 8 SELF!

Mara awesome shopping job. I may ask for your help looking online for a March wedding I'm going to! Although I will probably not wear a bikini. Probably.

Ok, I know I missed a few people, but I really should get back to work! I just feel so guilty for not posting more thoroughly.

ETA: Ok, I think I fixed the wonky formatting

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jas, we went to Pegasus. I used to go to Santorini''s a lot but we came to Pegasus first... and we were hungry... and the cool wind was blowing in an annoying way... so in the door we went! Are we drinking together this weekend BTW or are you good with the DH being gone and all that craziness with Zippy The Pinhead?

TanDogMom, my "remote office" -- that''s what I''ll call it!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay -- We do need to set up a drinking time (hey, Kimberly, join us????) but this weekend apparently I am supposed to be a good little daughter. Mom and Dad have been waiting patiently for the hubby to go out of town. They want to spend quality time with my dog. I mean me. No, sadly, I mean my dog.

But we should seriously set this up! We can go to Caribou Coffee and have a business meeting!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Sorry I''ve been totally MIA this week--I think I''m completely past the point of possibly being able to respond to everyone. I''ve been for a few four-mile walks since I checked in last, and I''ve been doing some strength training. (Sore abs never felt so good.) I haven''t really confronted the scale yet--I''m saving that for the end of the week.

Linda, congrats on the size 8! How awesome that must have felt!

Skippy, thanks for the extra miles!

Welcome, Steph!

Marcy, you continue to amaze us all. And I''m totally jealous of that doughnut.
3.gif

Mara, even if I felt I could wear a bikini (and back when I definitely could), I never would. If you''ve got it, flaunt it!

Chrono, great job continuing to lose weight even while nursing! Geez, I wish I had such a great excuse.

Everyone else, keep up the good work!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL jas, when my inlaws come to town all they want to do is hang out with The Demon....

My schedule is OPEN. Pick a day! Pick a time! I''ll be there! If you want to do a dinner thing we can even bring the Hs. Carnival has GREAT diamond lighting...
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Anybody else try/like the Lean Cuisine Spa meals? I have never really been into frozen dinner type things because they usually contain too much sodium and not enough nutrients, but my Women''s Health Magazine gave this line a thumbs up because they put lots of veggies and only whole grains and lean protein in the meals so I decided to give them a try. I really like the but ternut squash and the salmon with basil and orzo pasta. And I find that if I eat my Kashi cereal in the morning and have one of these, it leaves me at about 600-700 calories so i have plenty of wiggle room for snacking in the afternoon (when I seem to crave things) and for heartier dinner. Anyway, anyone else have something low-cal and yummy for lunches?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all. I think I am sick; I am grouchy and feel stuffy headed. I am short tempered and super tired and that just isn't like me. I didn't workout last night, kind of bummed about that. My little nephew is sick w/a bad cold. I hardly ever get colds so I think my body is fighting it hard; I probably will take a nap in hope that it helps. I took airborne and have been just taking it easy; maybe a short walk later. I am hoping tomorrow I will be better.
37.gif

Linda, I am sending healing vibes! I hope you get better; I read in another thread you had broncitis. You poor thing. Hey, I jumped up and down for you yesterday so please rest.

Chrono, MB are so expensive to fix so I completely understand; hubby's cost $3k last year to fix but I guess no car pmt makes it worth it.
14.gif
My sister has a volvo and loves it. Monarch needs a car that is good in snow so you might check out her Who's Who because lots of people gave their opinions on her thread to which cars they liked best. For me I will probably get a Lexus/Honda/Acura next time because they are so reliable. Chrono, 1lb a week is awesome; you should be proud and you are almost there; whooo hoooo!

Jas, you are too cute for words and crazy funny in a good way. I bet in real life you have people spitting out their cokes when you are around because you are a riot. heeheee Hey, anytime you are in ABQ come over and we will go for a nice walk or hike! I always wanted a NM GTG but no one is game, oh well! I will tink of you when I go walking. It is funny because I actually think of you all when I walk. I think oh I wander what kind of exercise everyone is doing today! heheee

Rod, yay for the rebuilt Rod Bod! whooo hooooo and you do look young! It is amazing what good health does for us!!! Enjoy your workout!

Kimi, I am so excited for you to go to Chicago; I hope to see Chicago some day!!! It sounds super cool! I love that little boy missed you. Kids are the sweetest and everything they say truly comes from the heat! I LOVE THAT!

Marcy, yay for doing so well and forgoing the two snacks. You are doing great!

Monarch, I think I was a born cheerleader; hence the pom poms in high school. When I tell people (which isn't often) they are not shocked. hehee I am a people person like you and when people go missing I do miss them. That is why you hear me calling out your name. Glad you checked in. Sounds like a yummy meal! Yay for being healthy and looking fit!

Mara, yay for a new bikini. I never had a bikini before. Well, I did wear something kind of similar. . . you know those shorts and a bikini top that is what I owned. You should be proud; I bet Greg will love it too. hehe

Steph, can you put Andrew in the stroller next time? Gosh, when it is humid walking is tough; here in NM we don't know what humidity is. My hubby's family lives in GA and near DC so I learned all about that stuff. Great job!!! Your little guy sounds so sweet and I love love his picture; he is a doll! I haven't tried the Lean Spa Meals; which one do you like? They have a good Micropizza.

Lorelei, yay to no pain and lifting weights!!!

DeeJay, the cabot cheese melts okay. I love it because it taste like a stick of cheddar; I buy it at trader joes. When I am craving grilled cheese; I buy extra extra sharp cheddar and use less of it so I get the cheese taste and it melts. Gosh, cheese and bread is my down fall. You sound like you are keeping busy and I am sending selling vibes. Your dogs are too cute! If they were angels 100% life would be boring. hehee Yay for walking the doggies!

Gail, yay for walking/jogging the pups! It is so good for your little 4 legged sweeties and of course you!

Sarah, yay for 4 mile walks!
9.gif
You are doing awesome so big kudos. p.s. I love your avatar; the emeralds are so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results