shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th May till 21st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi All:

Just finished 1.5 hours of a low max circuit dvd which consists of step intervals and weight work. I really have no idea how many calories that is but I figure it''s got to be pretty good!

I had my first "licking the fage off the bottom of the bowl" experience today. My favorite combination so far seems to be just the plain 0% with some fresh strawberries mixed in. Just the right amount of sweetness. I got to the bottom and started licking the bowl to get every last drop... As I was in mid-lick, I immediately thought of all you guys who were talking about doing that very thing a couple of weeks ago, so I had to jump on and say I joined the bandwagon! I honestly wasn''t sure I''d end up liking the fage, but after a few tries, I find it positively addicting.

Amber - awesome on the weight loss! Great job! Mandarine - I would love to try Rumba sometime but my gym doesn''t offer it. You don''t know of any good Rumba dvd''s, do you? DeeJay - I think your job has to be the toughest as far as scheduling time for yourself goes. You are forever at the whims of your clients (day and night) as they deal with the very emotional experience of buying and selling Real Estate. It''s got to be hard! MrsSalvo - Fellow Spinner - how many calories do you think a 50-60 minute spin class burns up?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
miss skippy, hope everything is alright !! take care sweetie.

nyc...interesting re: pilates and the lean length. i totally notice that when i do more muscle resistance training at home like my jumping jacks, pushups, leg lifts and kicks and ab work that my body seems ''leaner'' in a way. i really want to do the pilates tape i have at some point but i just keep forgetting i have it!! has anyone worn a HRM during pilates, curious about calories burned...i can look it up online but i''m sure there''s a range too.

i hear ya nyc on being a bit more floppy re: the discipline...hehe. i tend to have like 3 really good days then suddenly it''s like mmm i need some massive carbs or chocolate. but i figure i should listen to my body and try to give it what it wants right? hee hee.

anyway we are traveling as of wed of next week for a week and a half, visiting family and new places so we will be eating out almost every day for about 10 days. i am kind of stressed about it...not so much about how badly i will be eating but just how it''s going to suck to have to eat out for 10 days!!! though we will be staying with greg''s family about 1/2 that time (mom and dad live in diff states) so i am going to TRY to hit up the store while there and get a few things that will help ''normalize'' my diet like my fiber one cereal, i am going to try to find a TJ''s or whole oats or something and get some fage and some fruit etc. so that way i can at least have a few normal things that my body is used to and likes rather than eating something foreign and new every day. i am such a creature of habit. also am going to bring some granola and fiber one bars to keep on hand for snacks.

so because we are going to be traveling, i have been trying to be really good this week to kind of lead up to it...my hope was that i would lose a lb or two this week so that next week when i am sure i will put it back on, it will not matter. but i don''t know, haha we''ll see. i think i am still the same. but while we are traveling, i have mapped out my workouts already, and our hotel in the first 3 days of the trip has a gym so i will be using that daily while in NC. then i will be taking long walks while in the country area while with greg''s dad''s family and then when we go to visit his mom i will find a local gym (there are a few gold''s out there near her) and go there like once every other day. so if i can work out basically every other day with something, i will be okay even with some crazy eating. hehee. the problem too when we travel is that we know we are going to be trying all sorts of fabulous new restaurants that you can''t come to again basically, so we tend to be more elaborate. and i''m like damn days and days of that. where''s the ''sick looking'' smiley, i would insert it here. hehe...

anyway, today i had my fiber one and yogurt w/blueberries mix and coffee. i am having lunch at a mediterranean place with a friend i don''t see that often so i am excited to see her. i plan to have the chicken breast kebab with 1/2 the rice and more veggies at this place today...i have been craving a chicken kebab something fierce lately! then for dinner we have TJ''s pizzas and salad but greg was making noises like he might want to go out somewhere, however if i can i want to steer him to stay home tonite because we will probably be going out tomorrow night and saturday so i''d prefer to stay home tonite and eat what we have in the fridge. we shall see!! sometimes after a long day i really want to go out too and just be out and about rather than at home. hehee.

today i plan to get a 1m walk in at work just to stretch the legs, and then do a 2m walk this evening, maybe with greg. i have scaled back workouts a little this week because again as i have said before, most of it is about good eating not about working out like a fiend (even though sometimes that can be fun!!). according to spark people, if i burn 2600 cals a week, i should be eating between like 1750 and 2050 to maintain. if i burn 3200 cals a week, i should be eating between 1820 and 2100 to maintain. so for 600 extra burnt cals (which is like an extra 1.5 hours of workouts?), i only consume like an extra 70 cals a day. so since i am pretty busy this week i decided i wouldn''t stress about 2800 vs 3200 or whatever. and i am aiming to keep cals consumed around 1800 a day on average. my last 2 weeks averaged about 1850 per day so i am basically where i want to be. i should do around 2800 cals this week for burning, so as long as i can stay at 1800ish, i think i''ll be fine.
5.gif

anyhow hope everyone has a great day today!!! rod hope you feel better today...and don''t worry about the scone, if you ate well the rest of the time just because you didn''t work out it does not mean it was a ''bust''. sometimes you just need a rest. don''t be so hard on yourself! on and TG awesome on not gaining weight during your splurgey time!! that is really sweet. hehee.

oh and random note about spinning, those of you who want to use it to lose weight. my mom does it and her bottom half is really toned and tight but her upper half needs way more work. she doesn''t cross train at all. and her instructor is basically hugely muffin topped but with a tiny bottom. so just as you spin, be sure to also do other types of cardio and also do weights and the like for your upper half so that you don''t end up looking top heavy like so many avid spinners who don''t really pay attn to other areas of the body.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, hugs and prayers to you. I hope everything is OK. Hope you''re not gone too long, I''m sure I speak for many here on WWT, we LOVE your happy outgoing positive outlook on life!

Not much going on this morning. My headache is still hanging around, but I won''t let it get me down. I''m heading out for lunch soon and will stop at Starbucks and enjoy coffee under the oak tree before heading to the airport to pick Charlie up. I''ll have both gym bags with me and we''ll go directly from the airport to the gym.

Mara, I''m betting you won''t gain much if any weight while you''re traveling. You''ll be active the entire time. But if you do, it won''t last long and once you''re back home and back in you routine, you''ll lose anything you might have gained. Don''t deny yourself too much while you''re away either. Especially at Second Empire. I had crab cakes as an appetizer and lobster as my main dish at Second Empire. It was absolutely fantastic. And none of the portions are huge there anyway. It''s the kind of place you walk away from not stuffed, but satisfied. Where I see you having difficulty is at 115 Midtowne. The sourdough bread (remember they charge for the bread - $2/loaf) is your weakness. It''s not a huge loaf, but I''m betting there won''t be a piece of that bread left. Yummmm, am salivating just thinking about that 4th generation Sourdough. But then what am I thinking.........?? You live in the land of Sourdough and you probably get better bread than most of us in other parts of the country.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahah rod, i know i am a bread sucker. we do have some fab sourdough here...but it''s funny because literally from restaurant to restaurant the bread TOTALLY can differ. even sourdough to sourdough differs. some places it just is not good. other places i just want to keep eating!! and funny but a lot of the smaller seafoody divey places can really have fab sourdough and some upscale can have not so good bread. it''s totally random. but at least at midtowne we''ll have to pay for the bread which will hopefully keep us from getting a SECOND loaf. the first one, yeah that''s history already hahaa.

but i really never hold back while we are eating out anyway. i am more of the ''eat first, pay later'' kind of gal. lol. that''s why i already have built out my workout schedule to fit in as much as i can because i know we will be eating out and probably wanting to try a bunch of everything while traveling. plus greg LOVES breakfast and when we are traveling we tend to eat out breakfast at least a few times, and that can really add up ... whereas at home we usually eat at home and most days it''s very light then we have pancakes or something on sunday. but we''ll be eating breakfast out at least 2-3 times while traveling..and i am a sucker for a country breakfast.

but anyway, yeah if i can just not gain weight, or if i gain 1-2 lbs that''s okay, that would be fabulous. i do plan for us to be active as well and do a lot of walking especially while visiting NC since we''ll want to be exploring a lot...so i am really not worried, i think what i am a little apprehensive about more is how i will FEEL after eating out so much. my body tends to not really like deviation from too much routine and to go from eating out like 2x a week to like 10 days of eating out will be hard on me i think. so hopefully with working out and also being able to have some familiar foods for my body to nosh on as well some days, it won''t freak out too much.
2.gif

lobster and crab cakes sound DIVINE. i am on a huge seafood kick lately so i figure we''ll be consuming a fair amount of that. typically when we travel i like to have one really good steak, so we''ll see but i figure most of the rest of the time it''ll be seafood seafood seafood. and bread.
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Aloha WWTers! Wow, I skimmed and there''s so much going on. It sounds like everyone is doing great. I didn''t do measurements yesterday but I did manage to weigh in at the hotel gym and I''m at 126.0 according to their scale. Got in a good 45 minute workout yesterday, I didn''t push as hard as I might normally but it sure felt good to exercise. We did tons of walking in Lahaina and I''m eating lots of pineapple..YUMMY! I''ve only had one fru-fru drink...otherwise I''m sticking to what I love, wine. Food has been bad, but oh so good and definitely worth it, I am on vacation after all.

Have a great rest of the week, all!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Mara - I hear you about not feeling well when eating out too much. My husband gets that way all the time if he has more than 3 or 4 meals in a row away from home. It''s tough for him when he travels. Funny - I don''t seem to suffer with the same issue! As long as I don''t have to cook it, I''m game!! Thankfully, hubby likes to cook so he helps out when he can... I wish I could get into cooking more but I find it such a chore to cook for a family of 5 when at least one or two of them aren''t happy no matter what I seem to make. Definitely takes the pleasure out of preparing the meal for me... It was so much more enjoyable BC. But, they''re growing quick and hopefully their tastes will mature...I hope!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I''d opt for seafood at Second Empire. The chef is world class there and he proved to me he knows what to do with shellfish! If you''re going to get a steak, the place for that on your dining itinerary is 115 Midtowne Grill. I had a fabulous filet there at least twice while we lived in Raleigh. I still wish we could be with you for dinner at Second Empire!

OK WWT''ers I need ALL THE FAIRY DUST YOU CAN SEND ME. I have a great opportunity that may be offered to me next week that would be pretty unbelievable given all we''ve been through over the last 6 months, but I don''t want to jinx this, so I''m just asking for everyone to send me that dust and put in an extra prayer for Rod to be over with his search for the right job.
I''ll fill you in next week if this comes through, but I received a call this morning saying it''s pretty likely. Again, please send that dust in HUGE QUANTITIES for your ''ol buddy Rod, OK??!!
12.gif

I''ll be picking Charlie up in about 2 hours. I''m taking gym bags with me, but he''s not sure now he wants to get off a plane and go to the gym. So, I might miss the gym for the 2nd day, which is just not like me. But maybe a two day rest from pushing my muscles wouldn''t be such a bad thing. No matter what happens today, I will work out tomorrow, even though it''s Friday and we typically don''t work out on Fridays (except I have been doing cardio pretty hot and heavy on Friday''s lately).

Thanks in advance for the PS FAIRY DUST!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Peachy, I don''t know about any videos, but will ask my Rumba instructor!...he is the best instructor I have ever had...he really gets you moving and gets you to have a great time doing it!. He''s the same instructor that teaches the boot camp class at the park so it''s great...I do all my exercise throughout the week with him...he keeps tabs on you too (like if you miss a class or something, he makes you feel bad about it!). He started keeping tabs on my measurements too, so it''s like a personal trainer but at a fraction of the price, it''s awesome!

Rod, I am sending positive vibes and prayers your way!!! you seem like such a nice guy, you deserve to get whatever it is you are hoping for!!!!. Keep us posted!!!!

It''s almost Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

M~

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 2:49:51 PM
Author: Mandarine

Rod, I am sending positive vibes and prayers your way!!! you seem like such a nice guy, you deserve to get whatever it is you are hoping for!!!!. Keep us posted!!!!
Ditto, Rod. Fairy Dust, Fairy Dust, Fairy Dust...on the way.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Mandarine and Peachy!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rod, here''s a third sprinkle for you!

It worked for me w/ my request. The parents house closed yesterday, and we''re on track to close on their condo tomorrow! So moving day will be Saturday. I have a feeling it''s gonna be emotional.

So, on the "healthy" front, had good ''ol oatmeal this a.m, and then a rice krispy treat for a morning snack (I forgot my fage, and had to improvise!) Big salad is on the menu for lunch, and then an apple for afternoon snack. Mom and I are going to lowes this afternoon to pick out a new fridge and stackable w/d set, so I''ll probably be eating out for dinner. Gonna steer her towards somewhere healthy.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hey Charger... Being prepared for things to be a bit emotional is a good idea. It might or it might not...just depends on the flow of the moment...but at least it won''t blindside you if it happens. For us, the emotions hit shortly after the move when things actually sunk in. Good luck with the move on Saturday - I hope it all goes smoothly.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I'm in week 10 of my new healthy life. And I've lost 9 pounds, so even though I haven't really felt like I'm losing weight, I guess almost a pound a week is pretty good (although it's seemed to come off in little spurts every few weeks). My BMI has gone from 23 to 21.5.

I've been thinking about the discussion earlier in this thread about how maintaining isn't as much fun as losing weight, and surely I will plateau at some point, but I really can't imagine not wanting to maintain the general good feeling I get from being in shape. Here are some benefits:

* can squat longer to fix copier or pick up books -- no shaky legs or wobbliness afterwards
* can lift heavier objects
* can make awkward movements without pulling neck or back muscles (this used to happen to me all the time!)
* can fit into pants I'd outgrown -- now they're loose
* can do an activity I don't do regularly like ride a bike or go bowling without pulling those muscles
* feel more attractive & don't cringe on the inside when looking at pictures of myself
* don't feel like a slave to sugary soda
* get to spend peaceful time alone in the morning
* feel much more energetic and amenable to doing things with my husband rather than loafing around

And I know I am reducing my risk of disease and prolonging my life expectancy. I'm sure there will be times when I get sick or experience unusual stress and find it hard to work out. And there have been times when I've had to ax a workout or two, but in general, I am unsatisfied with myself unless I workout 5 times a week. But I really hope I never get to the point where I don't think my list above is worth it anymore.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey Rod, just wanted to jump in and with my prayers headed your way too for something really spectacular!! oh and don''t beat yourself if you miss the gym 2 days running. my youngest has been ill and i''ve missed 2 days too and probably tomorrow as well b/c she has to be 24 hours w/out a fever before she''s allowed back in school or in the gym nursery. On top of that hubby is out of town so I can''t leave them at home with him. your body will jump right back and I bet your next workout is so powerful b/c your muscles will really be rested. I''m hoping the same thing happens for me.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rod just popping in to say biggest mobs (thats Aussie for lots
1.gif
) of fairy dust coming your way
2.gif
Good luck

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ChargerGrrl and you too Mrssalvo!
35.gif
ChargerGrrl, I hope your move goes well and isn''t too emotional either. If it is emotional, I hope it''s a happy emotion.

And Mrssalvo, I''d better get back in that gym after not going to the gym for my second day in a row and AFTER what I had for dinner tonight. I picked Charlie up and he just was feeling too tired to go workout, so we wound up at a restaurant near us called Daily Eats. Well, they''re famous for their Angus Burgers, but they''re not just hamburgers, they''re mega hamburgers (1/2 pounders of course), so I''ve been craving a cheeseburger for like the longest time, WITH french fries and that''s exactly what I had. I had a 1/2 pounder with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoe and mayonnaise and I ate every single shred of that hamburger and there were no french fries left on my plate either. PLUS, sir Charlie just had to order a side of Sweet Potatoe fries which I also helped him eat. So, I''m thinking I had a bazillion calorie dinner. But man was it ever good. Just what I needed, a good old fashioned cheeseburger and fries!!
11.gif
The only thing missing was a chocolate shake, but I had a beer instead. MUST DO PENNANCE AT THE GYM TOMORROW TO ATONE FOR MY SINS!!!!

Have a great night everyone!! Please keep the fairy dust coming!!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2007 7:03:19 PM
Author: katebar
1.gif
2.gif
Good luck
Why thank you for the "mobs" of fairy dust katebar!! It is much appreciated to be sure!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 7:12:31 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks ChargerGrrl and you too Mrssalvo!
35.gif
ChargerGrrl, I hope your move goes well and isn''t too emotional either. If it is emotional, I hope it''s a happy emotion.

And Mrssalvo, I''d better get back in that gym after not going to the gym for my second day in a row and AFTER what I had for dinner tonight. I picked Charlie up and he just was feeling too tired to go workout, so we wound up at a restaurant near us called Daily Eats. Well, they''re famous for their Angus Burgers, but they''re not just hamburgers, they''re mega hamburgers (1/2 pounders of course), so I''ve been craving a cheeseburger for like the longest time, WITH french fries and that''s exactly what I had. I had a 1/2 pounder with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoe and mayonnaise and I ate every single shred of that hamburger and there were no french fries left on my plate either. PLUS, sir Charlie just had to order a side of Sweet Potatoe fries which I also helped him eat. So, I''m thinking I had a bazillion calorie dinner. But man was it ever good. Just what I needed, a good old fashioned cheeseburger and fries!!
11.gif
The only thing missing was a chocolate shake, but I had a beer instead. MUST DO PENNANCE AT THE GYM TOMORROW TO ATONE FOR MY SINS!!!!

Have a great night everyone!! Please keep the fairy dust coming!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
2.gif

And good luck on the job! *sprinkling*

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Heres a handful of fairy dust for you rod!!!
emfist.gif
good luck!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a mighty thank you Ellen and NYC!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Rod, hope that job comes through!!

Skippy, I hope everything is OK with your family.

I''m still on the 6 small meals thing and I really like it. My favorite one: cook 1 egg (I do them over easy), warm up a whole wheat tortilla, add a sprinkle of low fat cheddar and a scoop of salsa, and put the egg on top! It''s about 250 cals depending on how much cheese. Takes 5 min, and very filling!

So I had a great workout today, did a circuit training class which KICKED MY BUTT and then ran 25 min. So 90 min total of intense workout. Unfortunatley I had to stop by the grocery on the way home and bought some things I wouldn''t have otherwise... I think I get hypoglycemic after a long workout like that. I should bring a granola bar or a banana or something. I also kept snacking while I made dinner, which was at home sushi - I went light on the rice, and used smoked salmon, avacado, and cucumber inside. I think that overeating after the gym is a real pitfall for me. I just CRAVE food , especially carbs after. Does this happen to anyone else?

I was also thinking how intimidating it must be to get to the gym for the first time ever. I''ve been working out forever, but just changing gyms is intimidating - new brand of machines, new classes to adjust to, not knowing where things are, not having my usual "gym buddies" to ask...I can only imagine how it would be for people who are learning everything from scratch. So, Kudos to those people who have done it!

Also, while I was in the middle of moving it was about 2 weeks that I didn''t get to the gym. (Membership was up at old gym, was shopping around for new gym and was moving!) This is the longest I have gone without working out in literally.... 10 years or more. I did some walking and some jogging but nothing intense during those 2 weeks. I can seriously feel the difference now that I am back - I am BUMMED that I lost so much fitness in a short amount of time. Hopefully I''ll get it back soon. I joined the new gym Monday and have had great workouts every day this week and I can totally feel a difference in my mood and outlook compared with last week. Just one more reason to keep on going to the gym!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2007 7:03:19 PM
Author: katebar
1.gif
2.gif
Good luck
HI Rod:

What she said......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t had a thing to contribute to this thread for a few weeks now - *hangs head in shame* - but I still do read it and check in with all of you good hard-workin'' people!

Rod, fairy dust, fairy dust, fairy dust!! *sprinkling* *sprinkling*!! Like Charger (btw, Charger, good luck with the parents'' move!), the PS fairy dust worked for me when I needed it, so definitely have faith in its powers
21.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Believe, I Believe, I Believe.......!! Thanks for the dust Gail, canuk-gal and ellaila!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I might explode... after chasing down an issue with a VERY LARGE commission check and then having a final walk-through where the clients were VERY late the HH said let''s go to dinner. So we went to some chi-chi place near us where the seating is picnic style tables and the food is always a little *weird* to me (but I ate it, LOL). We had sausage stuffed bacon wrapped dates; hangar steak with shaved asparagus, fennel, and avacado; and pickled beet brucheta with mint and cillantro. For a brief moment in time I considered dessert but I stopped myself before I really did explode!

Nothing else much to report. Have to wrap the gifts for a client''s closing tomorrow, run a search for another client, and make the calls to set up showing appointments for a third client. Then I''m going TO BED!!!

Some time in the next few days though I''m going to get back to the gym...

ROD -- BIG BIG BUCKETS OF FAIRY DUST HEADED YOUR WAY!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2007 10:27:15 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I think I might explode... after chasing down an issue with a VERY LARGE commission check and then having a final walk-through where the clients were VERY late the HH said let''s go to dinner. So we went to some chi-chi place near us where the seating is picnic style tables and the food is always a little *weird* to me (but I ate it, LOL). We had sausage stuffed bacon wrapped dates; hangar steak with shaved asparagus, fennel, and avacado; and pickled beet brucheta with mint and cillantro. For a brief moment in time I considered dessert but I stopped myself before I really did explode!

Nothing else much to report. Have to wrap the gifts for a client''s closing tomorrow, run a search for another client, and make the calls to set up showing appointments for a third client. Then I''m going TO BED!!!

Some time in the next few days though I''m going to get back to the gym...

ROD -- BIG BIG BUCKETS OF FAIRY DUST HEADED YOUR WAY!!!
Wow, sounds like a fascinating meal DeeJay. Also sounds like quite a full day you had. And thanks for the buckets of fairy dust too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mucho fairy dust for you Rod!!! i will keep my fingers crossed for you. i know you will find just the right opportunity for yourself, so it will def happen, whatever it is.

came home after work and greg and i went for a 3m walk with portia. cooked up the TJ pizzas in the oven with some garlic powder and oregano on them, sooo tasty. particularly more tasty tonite but i don't know why hehe.

interestingly enough, i decided to weigh our pizzas on the little scale i have in the kitchen. greg's was about 1/3 heavier than the pre-printed weight (and nutritional information) which was crazy!!! so someone who was using the nutritional info on the back of a pizza to count cals would be like WAY off...like 200 cals off. mine was actually very close to the pre-printed info on it which was good hehehe. but greg's was insanely higher which is kind of funny because i do weigh things sometimes just to check them out...and while most things are a little heavier than printed typically (aka says 78g and is like 85g or something), this pizza is the most 'off' that i have seen so far.

anyway...dessert will either be sugar free AFC with strawberries, whipped cream or some slow churned ice cream, we'll see. tomorrow is friday, woo hoo!!! we don't have plans so we will probably go out to dinner ourselves...maybe indian food, i have been craving some grilled chicken big time...or we could do mediterranean which also has fab grilled chicken...mmmm. we'll see. and tomorrow is a gym day after work as well.

have a great evening everyone (or hope you had one!!). congrats DJ on a big commission check and an interesting sounding dinner hehe. gail kudos on a good workout. some days i am more hungry than others but some days not. actually after a workout i am typically not hungry at all because of the endorphins. i typically make myself eat something high in protein to help my muscles repair themselves though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ, that dinner sounds good. I love dates wrapped in prosciutto so I imagine it would be similar.

AG, 33 pounds lost, that is awesome girl!

Rod, more fairy dust atcha!

Mara, re: pilates, I just love it. A beginner/int hour of pilates would burn about 200 calories...advanced would be 300 or so. I can feel my body has changed...maybe not outwardly but inwardly. My core is so much stronger...the biggest evidence of that is the golf lessons I've started again. When I took them last year, my back ached so terribly...it felt crippling. This year I have not had any problems and I realized it's because my core is so much stronger. I love working out on the reformer. It pretty much guarantees me a strength training workout 2 to 3 hours a week.

And I doubt you will gain any weight Mara...and even if you gained a pound or two, you'd lose it no problem because you're so diligent!

Thanks all for the encouragement. I wish I could have been better in April, but I guess I wasn't as bad as I could have been, being on the road for so long and all. Next week I am in Vancouver but I am traveling alone, which is always easier to manage. I'll bring my workout stuff with me.

This weekend is going to be kinda bad...TGuy and I are taking a bit of a break and going to up wine country up in Santa Ynez/Santa Barbara/Los Olivos, etc. A much needed getaway!
36.gif

ETA, forgot to add that I just came back from 1:20 of cardio...50 minutes of jogging and 30 of speed walking. I ate well today too....about 1400 cals. Yay! I think by tomorrow (going to hit golf balls for an hour and maybe a walk), I will have burned 2000 cal for the week.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to send my buddy Rod, HUGE PS FAIRY DUST YOUR WAY!!!!!
I hope you get this job!!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. Good luck!!!
36.gif

And to everyone else, I love reading this thread. You are all so suppotive of each other, and sounds like everyone is doing a great job!!!

Ok, sorry for the threadjack.
5.gif
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am throwing, * sprinkling* and hurling fairy dust your way, this may be it my friend - HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results