shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th May till 21st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 2:53:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Rod, I am throwing, * sprinkling* and hurling fairy dust your way, this may be it my friend - HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
*plffgghhttt*

*picking dust out of my mouth, my hair, my clothes*

9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 8:53:32 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/18/2007 2:53:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Rod, I am throwing, * sprinkling* and hurling fairy dust your way, this may be it my friend - HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
*plffgghhttt*

*picking dust out of my mouth, my hair, my clothes*

9.gif
ROFLMAO!!
face20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to be *good* this morning since last night''s dinner was so cal heavy, but after I got done SCREAMING* at my bank this morning I went for my usual Friday treat of a cup of coffee and a slice of pumpkin loaf. (*I swear to god no one pays any attention to you until you show up IN PERSON and start to SCREAM. What''s wrong with giving me a little customer service over the phone when I am still inclined to be polite and low voiced?!?)

For lunch it''s LC, and the HH is on strict orders to cook light for the next two nights because we''re having people over to grill steaks on Sunday night.

I was hoping to get a workout in tomorrow morning before my first client at 10:45, but now I have to do something quick with another client at 9:00, and I just ain''t getting up early enough to workout before then! Oh how these clients interfer with my desire to become svelt, LOL!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara. Nice to hear from you Lisa!!
35.gif
35.gif
Thanks for hurling huge amounts my way Lorelei and I got a kick out of Ellen''s response (sorry about that there Ellen
9.gif
). And finaly thanks to you too TG. Wow, 1:20 of cardio! That''s great!!!

I''m not doing much at all today. I''m casually looking at the job boards, but I''m not putting much effort into it. I''ll be leaving for my morning coffee under ''my'' oak tree, then I''ll head over and have lunch with Charlie at the mall. This afternoon, I''m definitely working out. Since missing 2 days in a row, I simply MUST work these muscles today for sure. Tonight, we''re meeting two of our absolute best friends for dinner. We''ve been friends with them the whole 12 years we''ve lived in Tampa and this is the frst chance we''ve had to be with them since coming home. So, we''re both really looking forward to seeing them.

We have no special plans for the weekend. Just the usual stuff, but it will include workouts both Sat and Sun to be sure.

I hope everyone''s having a great Friday and looking forward to a terrific weekend.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 10:29:20 AM
Author: Rod
35.gif
35.gif
Thanks for hurling huge amounts my way Lorelei and I got a kick out of Ellen''s response (sorry about that there Ellen
9.gif

I''m not doing much at all today. I''m casually looking at the job boards, but I''m not putting much effort into it. I''ll be leaving for my morning coffee under ''my'' oak tree, then I''ll head over and have lunch with Charlie at the mall. This afternoon, I''m definitely working out. Since missing 2 days in a row, I simply MUST work these muscles today for sure. Tonight, we''re meeting two of our absolute best friends for dinner. We''ve been friends with them the whole 12 years we''ve lived in Tampa and this is the frst chance we''ve had to be with them since coming home. So, we''re both really looking forward to seeing them.

We have no special plans for the weekend. Just the usual stuff, but it will include workouts both Sat and Sun to be sure.

I hope everyone''s having a great Friday and looking forward to a terrific weekend.

Hey Rod- ***CATCH!!***

(fairy dust comin at ya!)

ps- how about posting a pic of that "oak tree" one of these days.
I would love it!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 10:51:24 AM
Author: sevens one

35.gif
35.gif
9.gif

Hey Rod- ***CATCH!!***

(fairy dust comin at ya!)

ps- how about posting a pic of that ''oak tree'' one of these days.
I would love it!
Thanks and I will take a picture one of these days. It''s just the nicest place to sit under and have coffee.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
).
So k, it''s for a good cause.
28.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, lots o'' dust headed your way!!!

Yesterday we drove the road to Hana, stopped at a garden and did about an hour worth of hiking and then walked the town of Lahaina (about 2 miles total) so lots of great outdoor exercise!!!

I''ve stuck to eating 2 meals a day, which always helps me to not gain a ton while on vacation. Mara, I am where you''ll be next week so I totally get what you''re saying. Being active and being aware of what you''re eating makes a big difference. I also decided that on this trip I should expect to gain a bit, with the awareness that I know when I get home I''ll jump right back into the swing of things and lose whatever I might gain. I also decided that fru-fru drinks (pina coladas, etc.) will not be a staple on this trip, instead I''ll stick to my normal, wine. It has helped me feel less bloated and yuck.

John is still sleeping, I''ve been up working on school...it''s getting close to breakfast time. Lots of pineapple!!! They also have an omlette station, and they are the perfect size. So often restaurants overdo portions...but these omlettes look like mini-burritos when they''re through cooking and just hit the spot.

Happy day to all of you!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 1:26:33 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Rod, lots o'' dust headed your way!!!

Yesterday we drove the road to Hana, stopped at a garden and did about an hour worth of hiking and then walked the town of Lahaina (about 2 miles total) so lots of great outdoor exercise!!!

I''ve stuck to eating 2 meals a day, which always helps me to not gain a ton while on vacation. Mara, I am where you''ll be next week so I totally get what you''re saying. Being active and being aware of what you''re eating makes a big difference. I also decided that on this trip I should expect to gain a bit, with the awareness that I know when I get home I''ll jump right back into the swing of things and lose whatever I might gain. I also decided that fru-fru drinks (pina coladas, etc.) will not be a staple on this trip, instead I''ll stick to my normal, wine. It has helped me feel less bloated and yuck.

John is still sleeping, I''ve been up working on school...it''s getting close to breakfast time. Lots of pineapple!!! They also have an omlette station, and they are the perfect size. So often restaurants overdo portions...but these omlettes look like mini-burritos when they''re through cooking and just hit the spot.

Happy day to all of you!
How good to hear from you Kimberly. I''ve driven the road to Hana and found it a most difficult drvie to say the least. It''s been several years, but the tortuous windy road that never never never seemed to end just wasn''t my cup of tea. It''s a pretty drive, but I couldn''t believe I spent all that time driving up there to find a little art store a gas station and an ice-cream shop. Maybe it''s different today. We did see lot''s of pretty waterfalls, etc., but man, what a drive. Glad you enjoyed it though!! I hope you and John are having an absolutely WONDERFUL time on Maui!! And thanks for the fairy dust too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy friday gang!! i am so looking forward to the weekend, we don't have too much planned but we are still busy, but we also have to get ready for our upcoming trip!!

so today i had a optimum waffle with butter spray, sf syrup and strawberries as i was out of fage so couldn't make my fiber one/yogurt mix. amazingly enough the one waffle kept me going til around 11:30 haha. i was busy this morning so less time to feel hungry.

walked over to whole foods and wandered around a bit (it's so much fun for me!) and came back to the office with some fresh diced cantelope and fresh diced watermelon (so tasty right now), some pineapple salsa, a small container of roasted red pepper tomato soup to keep here at my desk, a bit of WF honey roasted trail mix (exactly 2 servings actually, isn't it sick how small the trail mix servings are?!?!), fage fage and more fage, and some fresh cherries! they have halved in price since last week so i am taking full advantage..yummy.

so heated up my TJ burrito and am eating it for lunch with the pineapple salsa which is tasty but kinda spicy!! hehe. for snacks i'll do watermelon and fage and who knows what else. then i'm hitting up the gym after work, and doing elliptical and arm weights. i am craving grilled chicken so we'll probably either do indian (chicken tikka) or mediterranean (chicken kebab) for dinner...either way very tasty!!

kimberly your trip sounds fun...yummy pineapple!! it's great you are getting so much activity and walking in. i am sure i will be fine next week too, it's just the thought of 10 days away from my regular routine seems daunting a bit...!! but as long as i can get some activity and gym time in, i will be fine i am sure. and i plan to hit up the whole foods over in cary when we are in NC before we head over to greg's dad's in MD and get some goodies to take with us from house to house so that i can still fage and have the fresh fruits i love, and all that...since i really hate having to stay at people's house and be entirely at their mercy re: what they want to feed you. if i can do breakfasts mostly on my own, it will at least keep some sense of familiarity going with regulating my body.

anyway hope everyone is having a good friday...rod hope you have a fab workout!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Ellen, you''re funny!

Kimberly, great to her from you! Kudos on keeping things under control...you are a stronger person than I am. Did you think the Road to Hana was worth it? We don''t mind windy drives...in fact, TGuy loves them.

Can''t wait for wine tasting this weekend...we really need some getaway time. Hope the May Gray clears up...it''s icky here in socal today!

Have a great weekend everyone!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy friday all. sounds like everyone has a nice weekend planned.
kimberly, we did Hana back in 1995 when we were there for a wedding. I was just out of college with my younger siblings and we had a blast. So glad your having a nice time too.

so, I did my hike/walk with Zoe this morning. It rained a few days ago and it was still a little muddy. when we got down to the lowest part of the mountain there is a creek that fills up, Zoe just can''t resist water and although she was on her extended leash somehow managed to get to it, jump in and proceed to ROLL in the muddy mess. she then comes running over to me and brushes the mud all over my sweatpants. So, after our hour walk it was home and right to a bath. I should have taken a picture just to show you how my yellow lab turned chocolate. anyway, ran errands all afternoon and am waiting for my mom to come over to help start going though our garage for a yard sale tomorrow. My dad''s coming over later and we''re going to walk to this little Dairy Dip place for the best burgers and fries and ice cream. I ate a light breakfast and lunch hoping to stay within range for today, but i''m going to enjoy that burger
18.gif
. hope everyone has a wonderful weekend..

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Well, hello again everyone. I just did my first workout in about a month I guess. Still, I have lost a good bit of weight. When I am worried or stressed I over eat but when I am sad or grieving I barely eat at all. I think I averaged 600 calories a day for a week, ugh. I am getting back to normal, though. My workout felt really good. It is such a good way to get through emotional times. I would have been working out sooner but I hurt my stupid foot and ankle. My aunt just got home from Kuwait so I will be going to see her and taking down my FMIL''s chocolate fountain, so that should be yummy. I also baked some no-pudge brownies to try for dipping in the chocolate so hopefully that will be good. Everyone sounds like they are doing well and congratulations to all.

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
HI Mara, which burrito are you eating from TJ? The ones I found were something like 210 cals for 1/2 a serving? And then for 1/2 a serving it looked kinda small..... I can usually eat the whole thing no problem. So I''m curious as to which one you''re having so often. :) thanks!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please keep that FAIRY DUST coming. I just received a call saying they plan to make me an offer on Monday and want me to start as soon after that as I can. I guess I'll let you know it's my old company (YES, the one I was laid off from), but all the people responsible for my demise have been fired and management seems to want me back. It would sure be wonderful to go do what I know I'm good at with people I truly loved working with. I had 15 years there and over the last 8 months since being laid off, I've missed it so much. So, until I actually have the offer, I'm still not employed, but it sure is looking really good. Again........ALL THE PS FAIRY DUST YOU CAN SEND OVER THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED.

Oh, and I had a really good workout this afternoon and now we're heading to St. Pete to meet our friends for dinner.

Have a great night everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*making sure the coast is clear, sprinkling like mad, running before Lorelei reads this*

TG, thanks, I have my moments.
9.gif
2.gif

Kim, sounds WONDERFUL!! I LOVE pineapple...
18.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
That sounds wonderful, Rod!! I''m sure things will work out this time!!
36.gif
36.gif

Great spin session earlier tonight - I felt remarkably strong and had a lot of stamina. Yay. I had a good eating day and I swear that makes all the difference. Tomorrow will be step, then a well deserved Sunday off.

It sounds like it''s going to be a washout of a weekend here in NE.
39.gif
I hope everyone has a good one - rain or shine!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Hana is exactly the same, Rod.

TGal
, I hate sitting in the car for long periods of time but actually enjoyed the trip. It took us 5 hours to get to Hana (including the time we spent driving from the hotel to the actual road) and about 2 to get back to the hotel. It was a long day that included many 1 lane bridges that were interesting to navigate and several fun stopping points. It helped that before we left John kindly reminded me that "this is all about the journey" and so I went into it with that perspective. We''re eating at Mama''s on Sunday so I''ll tell you my opinion then.

We had a fantastic meal last night at a place called Mana in Lahaina. Lots of locals were dining there too, which is typically a sign to me that the food is consistently good. It was really fantastic. I had flat iron steak and John took a night off from fish and endulged in some asian style pork ribs with purple potatoes (WOW, so interesting and yummy, grown on Molakai (sp?)). We shared some sorbet last night but have otherwise skipped it. Perhaps some ice cream from Lappert''s tonight, so good for the tummy!

Today we went to Napili and Kalalua (I think that''s where we were) and spend about 3 hours looking at the tidepools which was a ton of fun. Tonight we''re having dinner at David Paul''s Lahaina Grill. It''s art walk night in Lahaina which should be fun. I was amazed by some of the displays we saw the other day, Picasso, Chagall and some other beautiful works. There''s an amazing gallery that is owned by a man who worked for EMI in Europe so it has an amazing mix of art and music memorabilia. Really interesting.

ROd, it sounds like you''ve gone home in more ways than one...I''m really excited for you.

Mara, it is hard to be out of control of the food you eat. I love traveling but I always love going home and getting back into the swing of normal things.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, all fingers and toes and a few other things are crossed for you!!!

No workout to report, but I just had a fabulous meal! The HH wanted to go out for Mexican. We split two appetizers and I had a pork loin in mole that was fabulous. Dessert was just out of the question, even though I ate less than 1/2 of my entre, because I was so full. And the wine was really nice too--an Argentine Malbec--always a plus!

Have to go to bed early because I am picking a client up by 9:00, but I am hoping for a workout tomorrow afternoon or Sunday. Have to work that mole off somehow, LOL!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Yipee Yipee Rod
36.gif
I'll keep throwing the biggest mobs of fairy dust and good wishes your way. Keep busy over the weekend an visualise the offer YOU WANT
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK THROWING HUGE AMOUNTS OF FAIRY DUST YOUR WAY ROD!!!!!!!!! So exciting, still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for good measure!!! Have a great weekend. And please take pics of that tree!!!
Everytime you speak of it, I can just imagine you sitting under it with your coffee.
1.gif

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks EVERYBODY!! I must admit I had a wonderful time tonight and I just let the worries of the past 8 month slip away. We truly enjoy our friends so much. They have an adorable almost 5 year old, but they''re not spring chickens. He''s in his late 50''s and she''s in her early 50''s yet they hatched this child (with some magic help from many doctors) and it''s just a marvelous thing to behold. Neither parent looks anywhere near their real age and they''re such a happy family. And they''re at a point in their lives when they can really ensure a child get''s everything possible, educationally, love, home, etc. Anyway, I surely blew eating healthy out the window. I had two Sam Adams (beer) to start. Then I had like three rolls with butter. A pretty nice size salad (with an oil and vinegar dressing, but I''m pretty sure it was fattening). A jumbo shrimp cocktail. A 9 ounce Filet with veggies (at least I had veggies and not potatoes). But then we had this huge piece of chocolate cake (you know one of those it''s too many layers to count huge) and we split it into two pieces which were still REALLY huge and Charlie and I ate our entire piece!! I can''t remember the last time I had a piece of chocolate cake, but it just seemed super appropriate tonight.

I''ll be extra good tomorrow and do extra work at the gym. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts, prayers and FAIRY DUST. If I get this offer Monday, I''m going to be one truly happy dude!

Sleep well my friends...........

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 6:28:26 PM
*making sure the coast is clear, sprinkling like mad, running before Lorelei reads this*

9.gif
2.gif

18.gif
LMAO!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers! kimberly your dinners sounds yummy! lapperts ice cream is definitely good for the tummy hehee. rod your dinner sounded REALLY good, right up my alley...a filet and chocolate layer cake?! i'm all over it! hehee. kudos to everyone else who had a great workout day as well aka you miss peachy!

after lunch i had a container of watermelon from whole foods, sooo sweet and yummy. and a fage with ls strawberry jam wtih splenda. after work went to the gym and did 50 min on the elliptical and then 10 minutes of arm weights. about 500 total cals burned. earlier today i walked to whole foods and back which is 1m total (more for walking in the store), and then when i got home after my workout, greg and i took portia for a 1m walk so that she could get her 'outing'.

then i showered up and greg and i headed out for dinner. we got indian cafe where it doesn't have fabulous ambiance but the food is really tasty...and not expensive. plus it's always crowded so there is cool people watching hehee. greg always gets this spicy lamb and rice dish, and i used to get butter chicken(!), but the last few times i have gotten chicken tikka which is basically marinated and then oven baked chicken breast chunks...they are sooo yummy and much healthier than butter chicken!! basmati rice, raita (cucumber tomato yogurt dip/sauce kinda thing), and naan of course!! greg gets a garlic naan and i get regular but a lot of times we get take out...and i have never been impressed with the garlic naan. but this time they brought it hot out of the oven and OMG it was DIVINE!!!! it was greg's technically, but we ended up both eating it, haha. then we shared mine which was like the poor naan stepchild at that point hehee. i love this place's naan as it's nice and chubby and soft...sooo tasty for a bread lover. oh and then we each got a mango lassi which is basically like a mango yogurt smoothie, but not super sweet. you really taste the mango...it's so good. i ate all my food which funnily enough didn't seem like a lot at first, like 4 large chicken breast chunks and about 1.5 cups of rice...but the naan...man it just expands in your belly!! and we ate a bunch of the raita mixed with the chicken and rice. we were saying that next time we might not get 2 naan's and just share one hehe. but we always get what greg calls 'big eyes' (little stomach) then we are moaning and groaning the whole way home haha.

now i am having some hot ginger tea to help digestion and greg is napping on the couch hahaa. at least overall the dinner was pretty healthy which is good hehee. and tons of protein between the yogurts and the chicken which is great for my overworked muscles! total cals for the day is still a nice lower number as well.

tomorrow i'm heading to the mall to do some pre-trip shopping for a few last minute clothes items. i'm planning on a long 4m walk tomorrow. and then we are going to dinner with our neighbors at a singaporean malaysian place we love in a town about 30 minutes away...we're supposed to take the train so that should be fun. we haven't been to this place in a while so we are definitely looking fwd to it. funny thing is that one of the things we adore about it is their roti bread which is a lot like a naan...hehee.

sevenwires, the burrito i eat is the 97% fat free one...there are 2 of them in a bag and they are 260 cals each (but actually i have been weighing them and they are a bit more than the estimated weight on the nutritional information so each one is more like 270 or 280) and 2g of fat. they have something like 10g of protein and 7g of fiber, so i love eating them for lunch. lol re: the whole 2 servings thing...it's so true, i was just talking to someone about that today...about how these burrito packages ahve 2 servings on them and it's like who eats a burrito in 2 servings?! esp a smallish one. hehe.

anyway hope everyone enjoyed a great friday evening and is looking fwd to a fabulous saturday!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 6:28:26 PM

9.gif
2.gif

18.gif
* Lorelei rumbling up on a bulldozer laden with fairy dust - watch out Ellen - TIPPING....*

YAY ROD - roger that - FD delivery complete! * but there is more where that came from if needed*
28.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 12:40:33 AM
Author: Mara
We got indian cafe where it doesn''t have fabulous ambiance but the food is really tasty...and not expensive. plus it''s always crowded so there is cool people watching hehee. greg always gets this spicy lamb and rice dish, and i used to get butter chicken(!), but the last few times i have gotten chicken tikka which is basically marinated and then oven baked chicken breast chunks...they are sooo yummy and much healthier than butter chicken!! basmati rice, raita (cucumber tomato yogurt dip/sauce kinda thing), and naan of course!! oh and then we each got a mango lassi which is basically like a mango yogurt smoothie, but not super sweet. you really taste the mango...it''s so good.

Then we are going to dinner with our neighbors at a singaporean malaysian place we love in a town about 30 minutes away...
Wow, Mara....my mouth is watering over here on the East Coast at 6:45am! Sounds divine. I have to admit that I have NEVER eaten at an Indian restaurant - nor a Singaporean/Malaysian one (hangs head in shame). DH doesn''t like curry and I think he associates all Indian food with curry...?? But with these descriptions, I''m going to have to find a great place in the Boston area (I am sure there are many) and bring him to it unawares one night!! I''ve definitely been stuck in a food rut for a while now and would love to explore some of the world''s more interesting and healthier quisines...And living in a good sized metropolitan area (albeit suburbia), I really have no excuse...

Off to step soon. Have a great day everyone.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t BELIEVE I''m about to do this! It''s 6:45 on a SATURDAY and I was lying up there in bed rubbing The Demon''s very smelly belly thinking, geez, I am WIDE AWAKE and I don''t have to pick up my first client for well over two hours... there''s really NO REASON that I shouldn''t go to the gym RIGHT NOW. So off I go! Crazy huh???

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I''m back! 200 cals on the bike in 30 mins; not a lot but enough to make me want to do it again tomorrow (and hopefully NOT enough to aggrevate my chest pain, LOL). And can I just say that the place was packed? At least five others filtered through while I was there. Amazing--there is this whole underground crew of early morning worker-outers!

Off to get ready and pick up my first client. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, way to go on a Sat. morning (at that hour). I''m impressed!

Lorelei, missed me.

wobble1.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
pizza! i made a pizza last night that is suprisingly low cal and tasted awesome! normally i stay away from white bread/refined carbs...but in a pinch last night i picked up one of those pilsbury pizza dough in a can things. i put tomato paste and a little sauce, then mix of fat free and 2% mozzerella, and then some sliced mushrooms, onions, and green peppers. i used sodium free tomato paste b/c the fat free cheese had so much salt in it...and i added some cayenne powder to sauce to give it a little more flavor. SO good! i think i figured the whole pizza had like 1300 cals and it was huge, so we each had about a quarter of it and some salad.

we''re going for a run this morning if my guy ever gets up! i don''t want to go w/out him b/c when i''m running w/ him i always go 3 or 4 miles w/out stopping and i never do that by myself anymore. but he''ll go 2 weeks w/out running sometimes and then go outside on a hot evening after work and run like 5 miles. it''s wack.

hope everyone has a good weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results