shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th May till 21st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 11:00:41 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Lorelei, I don''t know about the GB, but I will ask her when it''s all over. BTW, she had a *long* list of all the things she''s craving and plans on eating PROMPTLY as soon as she gets clearance from her doctor. Pecan pie was one of them!!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2007 11:02:38 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/16/2007 11:00:41 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Lorelei, I don''t know about the GB, but I will ask her when it''s all over. BTW, she had a *long* list of all the things she''s craving and plans on eating PROMPTLY as soon as she gets clearance from her doctor. Pecan pie was one of them!!!
9.gif
How very strange....
face20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are so CUTE today!!! I had lots of reading!
4.gif

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Peachy, spin kicks my butt; I can''t do it. It was funny the first time I did it they said tighten the tension and I thought "you have to be kidding me." I was dying as it was, so I pretended to tighten it
2.gif
My butt hurt too so that was the last time for step; it was so intense. hehehe. I actually tried it 2 times but I like going outside and riding my bike; spin is a great workout.

I didn''t lose weight nor gain weight; oh well. Maybe I will see it next week.

Mara, I am going to look for that shreadded chicken at TJ''s today; I hope my TJ''s carries it!

Dino sounds so cute; I thought his name was Demon too!!! I love yours and MrsS dog avatars; they are so cute!

Gail, I love the gym for being social. I am a weirdo; I make friends everywhere so I become friends with the instructors and people in the class. It does make the gym for me more fun
35.gif
Plus when I am gone they ask why I was gone so I feel more responsible to show up. hehehe

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Dee, your friend''s story abt 25 lbs cracked me up. DINO, I KNEW it was "something, the Demon Dog" and I could NOT think of it. DINO! Of course. I hope he is well. I wish he could meet my two crazies - we''d have quite the Carolina Dog pack! Does Dino bark excessively at any strangers and strange dogs? Angie does... it''s pretty difficult actually. But she''s great and mellow in the house as long as no strangers approach. We have a dog park near where i just moved and I hope that going there will help improve her social skills (either that or we will get booted out.)

I''m off to the gym shortly....

Tried a new bfst combo today, which I read about in the body for life book. I had a container of yogurt mixed with cottage cheese. It sounded kind of gross, but then I thought about using pineapple yogurt (i like pineapples with cottage cheese) and it was pretty good. Supposedly it is the right mix of carbs and protein. Filling, too.

I also got some frozen fruit and froz yogurt to try to do smoothies. My friend and I are on a smoothie kick. Does anyone have a favorite protein powder to recommend? I have tried Whey to Go before - it was OK but a little grainy.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning !

Just had my usual green tea and oatmeal for bfast- not the "real" kind like Mandarine''s (that sounded soooo yummy!) Mine is just the instant stuff. I keep a bagful here in the office, add some boiling water to "cook" it, and then a spoonful of apple sauce for flavor. Pretty boring, I know. But just like Mara, I usually get hungry by mid-morning so I try to keep my 8a fast very low-calorie. I''ll have fage with some mango preserves at 10:30a.

I''m bummed that I haven''t been able to get the gym in weeks. I''ve mostly been walking around the ''hood, using my stretchy bands at home to work the arms and then doing squats or lunges. I figure it''s better than nothing.

My schedule should ease up after this weekend as I think that the parents'' house and then their new condo will FINALLY close! Mom and Pop are elderly and put my childhood home on the market last winter. it''s been a series of ups and downs, and I can finally see the end of the tunnel. We''ve been going thru all their stuff (40+ years worth), having garage sales, packing and hauling stuff to Goodwill for the last 2 months or so. We got word yesterday that the buyer''s loans came thru, so the house should close today, and then their new condo should follow by the end of the week. Moving day will most likely be this Saturday (just in time for Dad''s 90th bday on Sunday!) PLEASE send PS fairy dust our way, as this has been dragging on for sooo long and it''s been putting a huge strain on my parents (and my workout schedule!)

DJ- so the Demon dog''s name is Dino? He''s forever gonna be Demon to me! And, thanks for sharing that funny story about your friend. I hope her surgery goes smoothly!

Merrijoy- hope that your dining experience with your friends turned out to be a positive one. I too agree with Mara and Rod that I don''t really care about what people think about my ordering habits when I eat out. IMHO, people tend to be supportive when you say that you''re watching what you eat, and they admire you. Sure, there''s that lone grumbler/enabler but they''re in the minority!

Gail- glad to hear that you like the 6 small meals a day. It''s really the only thing that works for me. I actually miss it when I''m on the road/biz travel and don''t get to do it.

Funny about "gym personalities". I''m the type that goes in there, gets it done, and leaves. It''s not really a social thing for me. Wish is was, ''cause then maybe I''d like it more!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charger, I'm with you on the "get in, work out, get out" thing. There are people at my gym who do more talking that exercising.

And yes gals, The Demon does actually have a name (although many of the things I call him are unpublishable, LOL!). We named him at the shelter when were getting him after Dino the Flintstone's purple dinosaur becuase when we were filling out the paperwork to adopt him they had a big bowl of treats there and the only ones he was interested in eating were the dinosaur shaped ones. I suppose our other option was Barney.
20.gif

In order to shake up my cals a bit, because I have to do higher and lower days or else just doing low all the time makes me plateau pretty quickly, I was going to have sushi for lunch but I just found out we're bringing pizza in. I was looking at sparkpeople and they say that 1 slice (so I presume 1/8) of a 14" pizza with regular crust is only 272 cals. Can that be right? It seems like too low a number...

Here is an interesting article that one of my girlfriends at the office showed me this morning about alcohol and calories.
link I thought the part about your body being able to deal better with alcohol on a more frequent basis rather than occasionally (i.e., if you have a glass of wine every day rather than just drinking on weekends) was a particularly interesting point.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ, pizza cals depend on the pizza toppings but largely on the crust. Thick is way more cals than super thin. Where are they getting the pizza from, many of the fast food pizza places have calories online. Surprisingly enough something like a Round Table thin crust pizza with veggies is only something like 200 cals per slice. But on the other end of the spectrum, Costco pizza is 700 cals per slice. So there is a large range, haha. I wouldn't just assume 272 because SP said it (I think SP takes input from users so I don't know how accurate random people's input is). But when it gets there, assess the crust thickness and toppings and go from there. I'd imagine if you just had one slice and a salad you'd be fine for lunch. IF you can just have one slice, I typically can't!!

Gail, I am swearing by my breakfast lately as the breakfast of the gods. For me I need a low cal starter breakfast like Charger but I want to pack in the nutrients...so I do 1/2 a 0% fage with one packet of splenda, 1/2c fiber one cereal, 10 blueberries and cinnamon. The total is like 125 cals and it has a ton of protein and fiber in it (along with some carbs) and it's super tasty all mashed up. This keeps me going from about 7:30am to 10am. Then I have to have a snack which is typically just a Light n' Fit yogurt to get me til about 12pm for lunch.

Did my measurements this morning...I have maintained at around the same measurements for a while now, fluctuating like 1/2" one way or the other depending on diet or bloating or whatever. The scale also moves between like 2-3 lbs back and forth but the average is the same. So I'm pretty happy!!

It's funny but talking about the whole 'how you see yourself in the mirror' thing...yesterday I was online looking at American Eagle's size chart since they have some cute pants on sale...and I was noticing that I am firmly in the 4 and on the lower end closer to a 2 size area. Then I looked up my 'old' original measurements and they were in the size 12 area!
6.gif
Honestly sometimes that just boggles my mind!! I can't imagine I am THAT much smaller esp since sometimes in the mirror it feels like I look the same, but I guess the measurements don't lie huh?!! So anyway for anyone having a day where they feel like they aren't making progress, doing something like viewing a size chart gives a reality check to see how far you have come and is DEFINITELY a mental pick me up! hehe.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do hate to talk while exercising. In fact it reminded me of a time when I was working out of town for 3 weeks and the manager I was traveling with decided she was going to exercise with me and she started talking to me while I was jogging and said I am sorry I can't talk and jog at the same time. She was hurt but seriously; I don't think you get a good workout while chit chatting up a storm and jogging.

I forgot to put this in my last post, but I am off to step tonight.

Sending PS Fairy dust Charger!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi alll!!! sounds like everyones having a good week and staying on track. i''m holding at 119.8 and its ttotm
14.gif
so i''m not posting measurements this week. anyways this past weekend was a yummy one. on sat. night i went to eat at a morrocan/egyptian restaurant in nyc...it was really yummy and a great atmosphere--lots of fun. its funny because they had a belly dancer and a lot of people commented that she was too thin to be a great belly dancer. most women would have killed for her body(tall, thin, and toned), but the guys weren''t impressed. i think women diet for other women most of the time, because most men would never notice what we consider to be a pouch or fat or whatever.

on sunday i had a mothers day bbq at my house and i made lots of grilled veggies, fresh fruit, and grilled chicken and fish in addition to the usual burgers and hotdogs. i''m proud of myself for eating healthy especially when there was so much other unhealthy food in my face...funny thing is that i didn''t even want the greasy stuff and usually i would.
1.gif

i''ve been doing a lot of yard work and walking
36.gif
. i think the yardwork is really toning my upper arms. i feel the burn!!! i''m going to do a pilates workout today and hopefully get in a walk before it rains this afternoon.

happy week to all!!!
10.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Lorelei, Rod, Shortblonde, Skippy, and Dee Jay – thanks so much for the kind sentiments! It feels good to be moving in the right direction!

Mara, don’t worry….you’ll recognize me! I’ll be the chick LUNGING for your new BRACELET!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaaaa. Can’t wait to see you and to finally meet Greg! And yes, isn’t it SICK how quickly guys take the weight off? Though, to be fair, Rich has been busting his BUTT and working really hard at it, so credit where credit’s due. I’m extremely proud of him.

Dee Jay, I’ve been a bit out of pocket lately, but did catch that you had comforting news from the doc, so BIG TIME congrats and sigh of relief for you! Keep up the good work on your lowest weigh-in to date – that’s just fabulous. LOVE LOVE LOVE the deck chair story – TOO FUNNY!

CG…..fairy dust coming your way!

Things are quiet on my front, but I DO notice that ‘stuff is moving around’…lol. I had been frustrated that I seemed to be stuck at the same number on the scale for weeks (I know it happens, but knowing it doesn’t make it any less frustrating when it’s happening!). However, despite the number not moving, I’ve found in the last 3 weeks that my clothes ARE fitting differently again…….in the MIDDLE, where I have trouble! A few things that I just bought 6 weeks ago now don’t fit. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! And then this week – BANG. Scale caught up a bit and another 5 lbs shed to finally FINALLY get me to the 40 mark.

We’ve been eating very well, but it’s going to get a bit easier and more appealing with summer coming and finally a shot at some decent produce here in New England. LOL

Congrats to all on the motivation and progress.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 1:04:26 PM
Author: NYCsparkle

its funny because they had a belly dancer and a lot of people commented that she was too thin to be a great belly dancer. most women would have killed for her body(tall, thin, and toned), but the guys weren''t impressed. i think women diet for other women most of the time, because most men would never notice what we consider to be a pouch or fat or whatever.
I don''t think it''s so much that they don''t notice......I think it''s more than men prefer women to be curvy and look like women!

Men think women should look curvy, and most women are striving to look like the rail-thin celebs, who are most assuredly NOT curvy. They look more like stick figures.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo Alj! I tell ya, we just gotta keep being healthy and balanced...the scale is secondary, but it''s nice when it happens, isn''t it?
2.gif

Dee, that story was hilarious...thanks for the morning chuckle.

Cereal this morning...a kashi cereal which I really like. Still totally full and I had it two hours ago. Lunch will be a Lean Cuisine and maybe some veggies for snack.

I haven''t done the WWI in a long time, so I got on the scale this morning. The good part is I didn''t gain any weight from my past 1.5 months of craziness! The bad part is I didn''t lose any either. Also good was that my measurements are still the same, so I am maintaining. Thank goodness for pilates.

So I''ll start from scratch here...

Weight - 143.3
Bust - 36.4
Waist - 32.6
Hips - 39.4
Thigh - 21.7

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 11:12:50 AM
Author: Skippy123
You guys are so CUTE today!!! I had lots of reading!
4.gif

Peachy, spin kicks my butt; I can''t do it. It was funny the first time I did it they said tighten the tension and I thought ''you have to be kidding me.'' I was dying as it was, so I pretended to tighten it
2.gif
My butt hurt too so that was the last time for step; it was so intense.
LOL! Skippy! I''ve been known to do that on occasion... the good thing is that no one can really tell if you''ve tightened or not!
31.gif
And yes - the saddle sores do hurt for a few days but that eventually goes away. I have some good days and some bad days with spin... so much of it depends on how hydrated I am, what sorts of foods I''ve eaten during the day, and whether it''s around TTOM... A couple of weeks ago, I thought I was either going to die or throw-up on my neighbor! I was so shaken by it that it took me 3 weeks to get my nerve up to go back. I swear, I got my full body hive attack because I was worried about spin! I may be exaggerating...but only a bit! It doesn''t help that the class is taught by an old high school flame...we were never very serious but I certainly hate looking like an out-of-shape lump in front of him as he''s telling everyone to "turn the dial to the right" with that EVIL grin on his face
27.gif
Now that you mention it, he''s probably pretending to turn the dial, too!! But last night, I did really well and was sorta proud of myself. Sometimes I wonder if something that hard can actually be good for you. Lord knows I''m probably working above my target heart rate much of the time...

Alj and Dee Jay - Awesome on the weight loss!

I''m so bad at individually noting everyone''s accomplishments/successes/trials/tribulations... but I read it all and I''m pulling for you!

Have a good rest of the day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Peachy; I love hearing about your gym, it makes me laugh about mine and brought back thoughts when I was in spin. The night I did spin I saw an former boss I knew in there and I knew I couldn't chicken out so I did the whole class. heehehe. Come to think of it I think I have tried it 3 times.

Spin is the hardest I think. I can do the most Choreographed step aerobics but spin kicks butt!!! Another time I did it there was this kind of fat aerobics instructor and I was thinking "No way she does spin." Ha ha, I was right, she went around the class shouting to pump our legs harder and the hard part is when they have you stand while peddling and increase the intensity. Whooo hooo, lots of work. I am happy w/my step.
I am impressed you do spin so keep it up but don't do it if it really gives you hives. I know about the throwing up thing; when I work to hard I feel that way and know to take it down a notch.
35.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Thank you for your advice regarding dinner last night. I have not time to read todays postings as I have been feeling a bit under the weather (ie just weak and low energy, very strange).

The reason I was concerned last night was that the couple whose house we went to had ordered the food over the phone and we went to pick it up. I had asked them to tell the restaraunt to not put butter on the steak. My husband and the couple all said the steak does not have butter on it. I did not want to fight it. But that is what it said on the website. So I feel I ended up being bad. I ate the croutons and cheese in my salad (bad), I had 4 or 5 fried mushrooms (bad, bad), almost all my sweet potato WITH the cinnamin butter (ugh, bad), the skin of my husband''s baked potato, BUT only about 1/4 of the steak - It was really good. All of the food really was.
So the issue was more to insist to a friend to order it for you a certain way, taking up their time and their time on the phone away from their child.
Oh, it probably wouldn''t have mattered because I was the only one who got a sweet potato, but my steak was medium and I wanted it medium rare, so I was eating the wife''s steak. So you just have to hope and pray that restaraunts actually listen to you and get it right. I feel that is why it is best to cook for yourself.

I will try to catch up on posts and catch up on my work; I hope to go to the gym soon, but I''ll see. I am still low energy. The good news is we had rain here all last night.

Take care,

M

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Good job on the weight loss DJ and alj!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Meerijoy - Don''t worry about being bad, once in a while, it''s ok!. Last Friday we went to an Italian place and I was not shy about hitting the bread basket, they just had these "infused" olive oils that came with it and it was sooooo good!
18.gif
. Yay for the rain!!! It was actually raining throoughout the day! finally, all the laked had started to look more like dry holes!!!

Yesterday one of the girls at boot camp told me she can tell how my waist has gotten smaller! I love unsolicited feedback...hehe
2.gif

Today I had chicken and veggies for lunch, nothing special. Snack was fresh pineapple/watermellon/strawberries that I had cut up this morning. I''m off to Rumba now!!
9.gif

So anyway, completely unrelated but since I am typing I thought I would share. I just found out that some news about the neighbors (the ones that own the Rottweiler that attacked me). They also have a cat and a maltese...anywya, I found out that their maltese passed the way a week ago from swallowing a bone (it puncture one of his lungs!)
14.gif
. I obviously don''t like my neighbors one bit, but I love animals, so that''s sad to hear. These people should just not OWN dogs!.....when I told my FI about it all he had to say was "karma is a B...". I am sad for the little doggie though...so be careful with your dogs and their toys, you just never know and these accidents do happen, even to good owners!!!!

M~

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I''ve been horrible about posting, but I promise I''ve been holding myself accountable, even if it isn''t on the thread!!

I won''t even try to respond to everyone''s individual progress reports, but it sounds like everyone is doing so well and I really enjoy reading all of them!

I got in 5 days of workouts last week, which was great, and I''m looking at 4 this week, which is about my average. And I''ve been pretty good with eating, although the DH and I did go up to Napa/Sonoma wine country this past weekend and so I indulged in a few special treats while we were up there (real cheese and bread at lunch, and half a real dessert from a local bakery).

I haven''t weighed in yet this week, but last week I was down another 1.5 lbs, bringing the total to 33.5 lbs lost since January and the lightest I have been since a couple of months after my DH and I started dating in college - 4+ years ago
36.gif
36.gif
So that puts me only 1.5 lbs from my original goal, but I think I''ve decided to lower it a bit and see if my body will go there. If it won''t, I''ll have to decide if I''m able to push harder or if I''m OK to stay around my original goal, but I''ll cross that bridge when I come to it. Its tough to accept that I''ve worked so hard and I may never be "thin" to the rest of the world - sometimes it seems so unfair that its such a struggle just to be normal, but then I remind myself how much healthier I am now than I was and that its not fair to be hard on myself when I''ve been working so hard at this.

I didn''t respond to the conversation about body image last week, but this is something I struggle with A LOT and reading all of your perspectives on it really helped me. I''m sure its something I''ll continue to have a tough time with, but I know that its just as important as the actual weight loss, because if I keep seeing the "fat me" in the mirror, I will lose my motivation to continue on this healthy path I''ve set out for myself.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for the continued inspiration and sorry to ramble so much!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a lot of posts today. Everyone''s doing great. Don''t feel bad about the indulgence Merrijoy. Life''s too short to not have any fun you know.

I''m afraid today was a bust healthwise for moi. I''ve had a blistering headache for some reason and after going to the gym every single day for the last 3 straight weeks, I just decided I needed to take a rest. Charlie had to go out of town on business, so I decided today wasn''t a bad day to goof off altogether. I ate OK, but I did treat myself to a Tart Cherry Scone from Panera with my coffee this everning. See Merrijoy, even I can induldge occassionally! LOL

Tomorrow, I''ll pick Charlie up at the airport around 4 and he wants to go directly from the airport to the gym, so I''ll be back on track tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyong and I''m sure I''ll have something more healthy to report tomorrow!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock

whew, I got thru about 90% of the posts.

I want to touch on a few posts.

Thank you NeatFreak for the rec on the sports bra. I will have to check that out. I am a 32D or 32DD or 34D or 34DD depending on the bra. I have been wearing one of the hefty supports UnderArmour and it has been great. I like their socks , too.

I have been trying to eat "meals" 5 - 6 times a day as well. But like someone here said, I feel I am always go to prepare somthing in th kitchen at work. To answer Ds question, my usual breakdown goes:

Smoothie (and to answer Gail's Q - I use Jay Robb's whey powder –It is “from grass fed cows not treated with rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone)”. 120 cals
Weight Control oatmeal – 150 cals
Either a LC, SBD meal, I just started eating the WW Smart Ones (has anyone had these? They list the ww points on the package) – so anywhere from 150 to 300 cals for lunch
Fruit – ie berries, pears, grapefruits – so about 100 cals
Either a Fage or SoyJoy – 100 cals
Piece of Dark Chocolate or WW Choc cake – 50 to 80 cals
If I am still hungry I will have some fiber one cereal. 100 cals
I do not do the same every day. Sometimes less, sometimes more. So this brings me to about 1100 cals. I go to gym and then eat about 200 for dinner. So that is 1300 cals total.
I agree on reading this site is bad when hungry – even if not hungry, when I read about sushi and pecan pie, I get hungry – ha!
Oh, I forgot, when we got home, I had a small piece of carrot cake my wonderful hubby brought home on Sunday night for Mom’s day. For me, once my salivary glands start, I just want more. So my indulgences of Outback lead to the consuming of carrot cake. This is usually the pattern for me. Once I start, it is harder to stop, so I find it easier to just not start on most days. Hope that makes sense.
I am still debating whether to go to the gym as usual on Weds. At our friends house last night, I bent down to try to pick up their 25 lb Boston Terrier and she jumped up and knocked me under the chin and I still have a ringing in my left ear and I feel overall weak. I really want to go to gym though.
And on the socializing front at the gym – I do not like to do it. I agree with Mara, how do they stand around and talk for half their gym time? Do they stay there longer? Boy, where do people get the time? There is someone now I see at my gym that goes on the treadclimber and she is just hanging on but on her cell the whole time. She has her ear down to her shoulder to hold the cell phone because you MUST hold onto the machine with BOTH hands. It is amusing to watch. I would be distracted. The gym is “me time”. I need to get back to running by myself, but really, I do get a workout running with my gf. She is actually faster than me, so it really pushes both of us.
I also hurt my lower back on Sunday doing the backwards bends that get your lower back core. I had the weight too high (ie about 80 lbs) and I pulled it Sunday and it is *just* getting better.
Mrs Salvo, I hope your little one is feeling better.
Who boy, this took me 25 minutes to right. Are you all really fast typers? I could never post multiple times a day like this.
I feel a little better, think I am going to try to go the gym, I have to shower first though and then shower when I get back.
One more question for you all. How many hours a day do you all spend at the office or working? I go to the office from 9 am to 6 pm and it takes about 35 minutes each way to get there. I get home about 6:45 and by the time I relax a few minutes, get ready and drive to the gym, it is 7:30 pm and I stay there till about 9 pm. It seems to me that no one on this board is there that late though? Do you all go into work earlier, leave earlier, a combo of both? Do I just work too many hours? Ha!!

ETA: Food for today: fiber one cereal, 1 piece whole wheat bread and natural pb, blackberries, 1 dark chocolate and about 10 saltines. I am bad about eating when I stay home - VERY unstructured.

Take care,
M

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I definitely don''t socialize at the gym much either, just hello and goodbye kind of a thing...hehe...there is just no time!.

At my gym some girls stay forever, and they have kids, and the work!!!!...so I just wonder how they do it!.

It takes me 2 minutes to get to work, I''m spoiled and live .8 miles from my job!...I get there at 9am and by 5:30 I usually leave. I get home, feed my little monster (doggie
9.gif
)and have a little snack , then at like 6ish I take him for a 30-40 minute walk. We get back home, I get ready for the gym (water bottle, etc), get to the gym by 7 and I''m usually there like 1.5 hours. Get home at 8:30, eat (usually some sort of veggie and a whey protein shake), relax a little, take a shower and it''s bed time. Oh yeah, between all that I''m also trying to plan the wedding and make time to see vendors!...It''s just not possible!, but somehow it works!.

Merrijoy where do you get your protein shake?. I''m using "Designer Whey" but I think it comes from "bad" cows
14.gif
...I would like to change it. How''s the taste?

M~

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 9:22:29 PM
Author: Mandarine
I definitely don't socialize at the gym much either, just hello and goodbye kind of a thing...hehe...there is just no time!.

At my gym some girls stay forever, and they have kids, and the work!!!!...so I just wonder how they do it!.

It takes me 2 minutes to get to work, I'm spoiled and live .8 miles from my job!...I get there at 9am and by 5:30 I usually leave. I get home, feed my little monster (doggie
9.gif
)and have a little snack , then at like 6ish I take him for a 30-40 minute walk. We get back home, I get ready for the gym (water bottle, etc), get to the gym by 7 and I'm usually there like 1.5 hours. Get home at 8:30, eat (usually some sort of veggie and a whey protein shake), relax a little, take a shower and it's bed time. Oh yeah, between all that I'm also trying to plan the wedding and make time to see vendors!...It's just not possible!, but somehow it works!.

Merrijoy where do you get your protein shake?. I'm using 'Designer Whey' but I think it comes from 'bad' cows
14.gif
...I would like to change it. How's the taste?

M~
Hi Mandarine,
LOL to bad cows. I get my protein at Whole Foods. It is definitely a bit more expensive. I just figured out that you have to put a bit of milk (we use 2% at home because DH does not like skim), so maybe about 1/4 cup of milk. I like the chocolate better really, but I have the vanilla too and as long as I put the milk in I do not get that protein taste. It has stevia in it too, so it is a liitle sweet. I just use protein, water, ice, milk and most of the times a banana. Sometimes I add frozen berries. The best is the chocolate and strawberries. Like a choco covered strawberry.

Here is Jay Robb's Link: http://www.jayrobb.com/jayRobbProtein.asp Do you like Designer Whey?

I did not go to the gym, when I got up I was dizzy, so I showered and had some leftover pasta fagioli. I may make a protein shake.

ETA: Thank you for breaking down your time for me as well. I really want to know how these ladies you refer to find the time. You are so lucky to live so close to work? Do you ever walk to work?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the info! I think the extra price is definitely worth it, so I will check it out. I do like the Designer Whey (the Strawberry flavor was my favorite, but I usually only find vanilla...I''ve never tried the chocolate).

I usually also mix it with milk (ff organic) and strawberries or 1/2 a banana. I started taking proteing shakes last year and I love them...I feel they give me energy and also compliment my diet since I don''t have enough protein in what I eat on a day to day basis.

I never walk to work
15.gif
...I know, I am so close, but it is always so muggy here and you never know when it''s going to rain...plus I figured that if I''m going to walk, I wnat to walk with my dog...If I walk by myself I alway feel selfish, like he should be taking advantage of the walk..hehe...weird, I know!. It''s funny because I just have this mindset that Florida is not walkable, so I never even considered it!.....I know I should, but I feel I don''t have time as it is...hehe
37.gif

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!!!

M~

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I certainly met my goal of being a little cal heavy today!

For breakfast I had coffee w/ whole milk and a banana, and then some yogurt a little later. For lunch I ate what I estimate was about 1/3 of a thin crust veggie pizza (1/3 -->
6.gif
!). For dinner I had some whole wheat pasta with margarine and parmessean cheese (although this was only about 350 cals when I calculated it later), and I just finished up the day with a pudding cup. I''m thinking 1500/1600 (ish) or so (?).

Tomorrow I am back on the low cal wagon, but I think I will be encouraged to climb back on easily since I am so motivated by the scale at the moment. Of course the number will probably be a little higher tomorrow than it was today, but I''m OK with that.

I''ve noticed BTW that if I have something like Pizza or McDonalds for lunch I don''t want any sort of snack in the afternoon. Maybe it''s the fat makes me feel full for longer? Oh well, I''m glad for it anyway, becuase if I had pizza or a Big Mac and STILL wanted something to nosh on a few hours later that would be BAD!

Gymwise, no go. I got a call late this afternoon that I had to deliver a client''s contract out to an agent in the ''burbs; battling horrible highway traffic both ways left no time to work out. And tomorrow night I have a final walk-through for a closing on Friday, but if that goes quickly enough I will be able to get home early and get at least a short session in on the bike or something.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ they do say fat keeps you full longer. But they also say that about protein and also I have heard it about fiber too. So who knows which really works? hehee. I just try to keep a balance going on most of the time with more protein and fiber than fat and cals. hehee.

Today I ate pretty lightly for the most part...breakfast was my fiber one yogurt mix, snack was a light n'fit yogurt, lunch was vegetable barley soup from Progresso, snacks were fage w/Mango Butter, cherries, and some Pirate's Booty. Had some trail mix when I got home, and then went for a 3m walk. Dinner was TJ's rosemary chicken and rice with roasted asparagus and mini squash. Tasty. For dessert, we shared a few chocolates and some slow-churned mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Those of you who eat 1200-1300 cals a day and work out and burn like 300-500 cals...how do you manage?? Whenever I eat light and work out I always feel tired the next day. I have read that your body also uses food for fuel from 24-48 hours before, so if you have a heavy meal on a Friday it can still help fuel a Sunday workout depending on what you eat. I typically need to eat more to sustain my energy levels and still work out for the most part. Merrijoy, maybe you feel tired because you need to eat more?

Hope everyone had a great day...!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won't be around for a little while; I have a family emergency
15.gif
15.gif
Hoping to get some exercise in but doubting eat so I will try and eat healthy.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Skippy... Thinking of you... Hope to hear from you soon.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
skipppy, I hope everything is ok!. I''m sending some prayers your way!

Good morning everyone! today it''s yummy oatmeal again (I ran out of cereal! haha)....Tonight is boot camp!. Last night in Rumba I burned about 480 caloties, not bad for "just" dancing
2.gif

I definitely need to eat more than 1100 cal a day....I just try to consume most of my caloies during the day and at night I usually just have some sort of veggie/salad and a whey protein shake. My main meal is lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

M~

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
alj- congrats on the weightloss, it's so nice with the scale finally catches up to all the hard work!!

TG- maintaining is always better than gaining during crazy times. you did good, you should be proud

Deejay- congrats to you too on the weightloss

Peachy- so glad to have another spinner in the bunch. i love it, burns lots of calories, makes you sweat and isn't hard on the knees...the saddle soreness does go away.

skippy- you might try spinning again but only stay for 20min. do this for 2-3 classes in a week and then the next week stay 30. this helps your saddle get used to it slower. also, remember to tighten your risistance and stand whenever you need too.

manderine and amber- nice to see you gals posting today and cograts amber an almost getting to your goal weight.

Rod- nothing wrong with your small splurge at all, I hope the scone was yummy and your head is feeling better

mara, i'm going to have to get some of the mint choc. chip ice cream, your rosemary chicken sounds good too..

skippy, i hope all is ok, we'll be thinking of you and please check in when you can.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, there is a thread for you in Hangout.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hi all!!! well i didn''t make my yummy grilled chicken and squash salad due to the storm and blackout we had last night. there was too much going on. my son thought it was a fine time to basically go nuts while my dh went to his parents because the tree in front of their house came down in the storm.
7.gif
so i wound up making a quick pasta because i had leftover sauce....it was really good, but i ate too much of it---damn carbs!!
29.gif
anyways i did manage to eat really yummy watermelon for a snack while watching doolittle get voted off!!
23.gif
..it was sooo sweet. gotta love the summertime fruits.
9.gif

anyways today will be a pilates and walking day. i need to get back on track...i haven''t fallen off track too much, but i feel myself slacking a bit and i don''t want to just spiral back into old habits---ya know the ones where i polish off a half gallon of chocolate chocolate chip ice cream by myself.
20.gif
i finally like the way my thighs look in shorts again...i wore a pair of shorts the other day and people were commenting on how slender my legs looked....my legs were much more muscular before pilates...the pilates is great for slenderizing arms and legs..still working on the stomach area
20.gif

anyways i hope everyone has a great day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results