shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th May till 21st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 1:30:09 PM
Author: Mara
yeah you can just google Outback and calories and a bunch of sites have the breakdown of some of their menu. i typically do this whenever we go anywhere that's like a 'chain' because a lot of places have their nutritional information online or someone else has posted it.

i vaguely recall from looking around previously that their Victoria's Filet is like 550 cals or something? and you can get steamed veggies no oil or butter which is like 80ish. and a plain dry baked potato, and ask for salsa or something to mix into it if you want. or you can use the veggies to mix into the baked potato. if you want, get some butter on the side and just use a bit. since i am kind of a freak i might even bring my own shredded 2% cheese to mix into the potato...because you can put a bit in a baggie and not look too weird sprinkling it on hehe.

stay away from anything else basically. i THINK their shrimp, (aka side of shrimp) might not be too bad but i think they use oils and butters to cook it. good luck!!
Yeah, but I have been doing small (real small) meals at night, ie a smoothie (protein shake) and string cheese - for about 200 calories. So this dinner will be about 700 cals - Yikes.

Also, how do you all go about eating small or light and not make other's feel bad. What if the people you are eating with do not practice healthy eating and you are being "picky" about your food, cals, etc.
I always feel this makes other who are not watching what they eat feel badly. Please tell me I am not alone.

M

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
really, i don''t really care what the others think about my eating habits. haha. i do what i want and that is pretty much it. you can''t make others feel badly about their choices unless you are sitting there going ''oh that''s GROSS, why are you eating it''.

when i order something light or similar i just try to ask it of the waiter in a quieter voice and if they can''t do it, i don''t argue or anything...just make it seem ''normal'' and others probably won''t notice. i also think that people always expect others to be more interested in what they are doing than people really are. no one will probably even notice what you are doing or why you ordered the way you did. and if they ask you about it, just say you are trying to be more healthy. why is it their business anyway really?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just checking in...thread is slow today! hehee. typical workday...so far today i have just had breakfast, yogurt, and my TJ burrito. i'll have a fage soon and then probably some trail mix but i don't feel super snacky today (watch that change now that i typed it!)...going to the gym after work for some elliptical and arms and then tonite for dinner i am going to have greg eat the rest of my seafood pasta from dinner on sunday (he loves that kind of stuff) and i will eat dinner on my own since he has rehearsal. i don't know if i have mentioned these before but i found something at one of my local stores, they are frozen maryland crab cakes, 4 to a pack and they are awesome! i made them a few times for holiday gatherings but then the store stopped carrying them. well i wrote the company asking when they'd have them again and they just started carrying them again...i don't know how often they will have them so i got 2 packs just in case. there are 4 to a case and they are 150 cals each! and BIG and super tasty, you bake them in the oven. so for dinner tonite i am going to have 2 of those and then a salad. YUM i can't wait!!! i have not had these things since december.

so rod i just had to say also that we finally got around to making ressies for our raleigh visit for restaurants. i sent greg a big list of the top restaurants i had found and wanted to try and he chose second empire and 115 midtowne...so i made our ressies for there. i think on wed when we get in we are going to do sushi at mura, but we also might be tempted to get tapas at humble pie or red room just because we absolutely LOVE tapas and both menus look really yummy. so we'll see...how we feel. but i do want to try mura so hopefully we will feel like sushi that night. hehe.

also we hope to hit up big ed's city market for breakfast at some point, it looks pretty 'southern' which greg totally wants to try. he doesn't want us to eat at 'totally californian' places, rather wants us to get a feel for what it's like out there and what is popular for that area, so that's definitely on the list and also hayes barton cafe and dessertery looks really interesting too, it's like a burger and fries joint in the 50's style with tons of desserts! so that might be a lunch one day. it's funny because he is like 'lets eat whatever the locals eat' but i am like 'well i want to know if they have places that are up to par for what we typically eat out here!'...so i figure between the two of us we'll have all bases covered lol.

anyway hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2007 2:33:31 PM
Author: merrijoy

Date: 5/15/2007 1:30:09 PM
yeah you can just google Outback and calories and a bunch of sites have the breakdown of some of their menu. i typically do this whenever we go anywhere that''s like a ''chain'' because a lot of places have their nutritional information online or someone else has posted it.

i vaguely recall from looking around previously that their Victoria''s Filet is like 550 cals or something? and you can get steamed veggies no oil or butter which is like 80ish. and a plain dry baked potato, and ask for salsa or something to mix into it if you want. or you can use the veggies to mix into the baked potato. if you want, get some butter on the side and just use a bit. since i am kind of a freak i might even bring my own shredded 2% cheese to mix into the potato...because you can put a bit in a baggie and not look too weird sprinkling it on hehe.

stay away from anything else basically. i THINK their shrimp, (aka side of shrimp) might not be too bad but i think they use oils and butters to cook it. good luck!!
Yeah, but I have been doing small (real small) meals at night, ie a smoothie (protein shake) and string cheese - for about 200 calories. So this dinner will be about 700 cals - Yikes.

Also, how do you all go about eating small or light and not make other''s feel bad. What if the people you are eating with do not practice healthy eating and you are being ''picky'' about your food, cals, etc.
I always feel this makes other who are not watching what they eat feel badly. Please tell me I am not alone.

M
Honestly, I could care less what anyone thinks when I order food and ask for them to not use any oil or butter on a steak. Or I ask for vegetables steamed, or I eat a smaller portion or I don''t dig into the dessert. If my friends can''t feel good that I am for the first time in my life really caring for my body, then they''re not such good friends to begin with. I would hope your friends applaud your efforts to eat healthier and be healthier!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2007 6:43:11 PM
just checking in...thread is slow today! hehee. typical workday...so far today i have just had breakfast, yogurt, and my TJ burrito. i'll have a fage soon and then probably some trail mix but i don't feel super snacky today (watch that change now that i typed it!)...going to the gym after work for some elliptical and arms and then tonite for dinner i am going to have greg eat the rest of my seafood pasta from dinner on sunday (he loves that kind of stuff) and i will eat dinner on my own since he has rehearsal. i don't know if i have mentioned these before but i found something at one of my local stores, they are frozen maryland crab cakes, 4 to a pack and they are awesome! i made them a few times for holiday gatherings but then the store stopped carrying them. well i wrote the company asking when they'd have them again and they just started carrying them again...i don't know how often they will have them so i got 2 packs just in case. there are 4 to a case and they are 150 cals each! and BIG and super tasty, you bake them in the oven. so for dinner tonite i am going to have 2 of those and then a salad. YUM i can't wait!!! i have not had these things since december.

so rod i just had to say also that we finally got around to making ressies for our raleigh visit for restaurants. i sent greg a big list of the top restaurants i had found and wanted to try and he chose second empire and 115 midtowne...so i made our ressies for there. i think on wed when we get in we are going to do sushi at mura, but we also might be tempted to get tapas at humble pie or red room just because we absolutely LOVE tapas and both menus look really yummy. so we'll see...how we feel. but i do want to try mura so hopefully we will feel like sushi that night. hehe.

also we hope to hit up big ed's city market for breakfast at some point, it looks pretty 'southern' which greg totally wants to try. he doesn't want us to eat at 'totally californian' places, rather wants us to get a feel for what it's like out there and what is popular for that area, so that's definitely on the list and also hayes barton cafe and dessertery looks really interesting too, it's like a burger and fries joint in the 50's style with tons of desserts! so that might be a lunch one day. it's funny because he is like 'lets eat whatever the locals eat' but i am like 'well i want to know if they have places that are up to par for what we typically eat out here!'...so i figure between the two of us we'll have all bases covered lol.

anyway hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Mara, do not and I repeat DO NOT go to Humble Pie. It was just awful. Even on a Saturday night, the place was empty and for good reason. Everything we had was over salted, oily, and overdone to the max. After our meal there, I woke up in the middle of the night and drank like a half gallon of water as I was so thirsty after such an oversalted meal. Even Charlie who usually has something nice to say about any place didn't care for the food there at all. Raleigh really isn't a Tapas town. Trust me on that one. Red Room as I've mentioned is first and foremost a Bar, with Tapas fare and as such, is a pretty smokey place. You will have a wonderful time at Mura, 115 Midtowne Grill and surely you will absolutely LOVE Second Empire. But, I would skip Tapas in Raleigh if I were you.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All
35.gif

So, I heard from the company that I wasn''t exactly what they wanted for the VP of Operations. Duh.........even I wouldn''t hire me for that position, but the headhunter is still trying to get them to at least meet me. There are a couple of other things brewing, but nothing concrete. I have to tell the company who offered me the commission only job last something and all I can do is be honest and tell them I''m just not ready to make a decision and need to explore my options before picking a new home. If they''re willing to wait that''s great. If they''re not, oh well.........

I was just tired of job hunting, so I shut down earlier than usual and was at the gym a little before 3 PM and worked out until 6 PM. I''m beat, but feeling so much more relaxed after pushing my body a bit. Exercise is such a fantastic stress reliever. I''m not sure how I would have gotten through the last 6 months without my workouts.

I''m just waiting for Charlie to get home from the gym and we''ll have dinner out on the terrace. It''s an absolutely beautiful evening in paradise. There''re no clouds in the sky, the humidity is amazingly low for mid-May and the breezes are just so lovely.

I''ll check in later and hope everyone''s having a really nice afternoon/evening!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha rod okay no humble pie. we might be interested in red room because we feel young and spry on a good night so we might be interested in doing more of a 'scene' with the bar and the food and all that one night...we'll see.

for second empire, what is the dress code for the restaurant? the pictures of the inside of the restaurant seem sooooooo old fashioned and stuffy to me, but hopefully that's just the way the pictures are coming off! i feel like i should be wearing some sort of tea party floral gown or something. what were people wearing when you guys were there? i just want to be sure we bring appropriate clothing.

just had a handful of soy nuts, and fage with splenda and ls strawberry jam..yum!!!! this should tide me over til i take off and into the gym most likely.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2007 7:39:31 PM
haha rod okay no humble pie. we might be interested in red room because we feel young and spry on a good night so we might be interested in doing more of a 'scene' with the bar and the food and all that one night...we'll see.

for second empire, what is the dress code for the restaurant? the pictures of the inside of the restaurant seem sooooooo old fashioned and stuffy to me, but hopefully that's just the way the pictures are coming off! i feel like i should be wearing some sort of tea party floral gown or something. what were people wearing when you guys were there? i just want to be sure we bring appropriate clothing.

just had a handful of soy nuts, and fage with splenda and ls strawberry jam..yum!!!! this should tide me over til i take off and into the gym most likely.
We only had a beer at Red Room, so I can't comment on the food at all. It is one of the more "happenin'" spots in Raleigh. The dress at Second Empire is casual elegant. It's not necessary to wear a sport coat or tie, but jeans would not be OK. When we went it was a nice winter evening and I wore black slacks, and a mock turtle murano wool sweater and I felt just fine. There were people in sport coats, but they tended to be on the "older" side. A nice tea dress (it's not necessary to wear gown length) would be perfect. Besides, you want all of Raleigh to see those SVELTE legs of yours anyway!! The inside of the restaurant won't feel old or stuffy, but it is clubroom elegant. Almost Victorian in style and feel. It could also be a little bit country, but I wouldn't say it's stuffy. It was truly the most superb dining experience we had the entire 5 months we were in Raleigh. Period. I wish we could be there with you for dinner at Second Empire.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I had every intention of going to the gym tonight but I took a nap with The Demon when I got home (my alergies had me up and sneezing and wheezing all night last night) and we only just now got out of bed! The HH is out of town on business so I''m also on Dog Duty--does walking the monster three times a day count as exercise?
9.gif

Foodwise I have been very good these past few days, but I plan on having sushi for lunch tomorrow, so I''m sure I''ll be a little high in cals. And I can''t wait to get back in the swing of the Wednesday morning weigh ins. I''ve been holding steady at about 16 lbs down, but look forward to getting back into the gym routine and dropping some more. Today I wore a pair of pants that I had actually worn once before this spring, but this time they fit me better. Always a big motivator!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi!
So I joined that gym and had a great workout - almost 2 hours! I did 30 min on the elliptical, tried out a cardio machine that mimics skating/skiing - great outer thigh workout and great way to mix it up - and then did circuit training for quite some time. I have been in kind of a funk the past couple days and going to the gym really picked me up. I LOVE the gym. I can''t wait to make new friends at this new gym - although people seem a little less friendly than at my old gym - many people just kept to themselves and I couldn''t believe how many were in full makeup, fancy workout clothes etc whereas at my old gym people were more approachable and less put together for their workouts. Oh, and when I arrived and was getting dressed, there was someone very obviously throwing up in the locker room bathroom... when she came out it was a very tiny woman. I hope not an eating disorder. Felt very bad for her.

There are some great sounding classes and I met one of the instructors who was just finishing up a class in the circuit training room and he was very nice. We were talking about eating 6 small meals a day and he said it really helps. I have been doing that for 2 days now, and I love it so far. I''m not sure if it is very practical for when I start working again though - I feel like I am always preparing or cleaning up from something!

Mara one more quick question - do you remember the chain length on your regent pendant and on your sister''s? Do you have a preference? I see that a lot of places default to 16 inches, but I''m tall (5''9) and I know you are too, so I think 17 might be the way to go. Thanks! I''m thinking of going small to stay within budget. If your sister''s looks that great at .15, I can imagine a .25 or .3 will look great too. It''s not like it is the last piece of jewelry I will ever buy - just a memento of my graduation! Oh, and how is it that I can easily plunk down $2000 for window blinds for my new house without batting an eye but flinch big time at spending $500 or $1000 on jewelry?! I''m so practical! (Oh, and maybe b/c I''m tired of getting dressed in my closet?)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi gail...i got my sister the 16" pendant and mine is 18" with a ring at 16" if i ever wanted to wear it that way. but honestly, i wear it at 18" all the time. i don't think i have ever worn it at 16". i am 5'7" so i would say 18" for sure on you. i like where it lays on me. 16" for me is too high on my neck. but if you are unsure, maybe get the 18" with a jump ring at 16" as i did.

thanks for the tips rod...i would imagine that i wouldn't wear a dress (so not my thing haha) but maybe dark pants with a trendy top or something fun. we'll see! but now i can tell greg to pack something a little more upscale casual as well...since the rest of the time i think we'll just be kickin around in more casual wear. i am so bummed you guys aren't in raleigh anymore but i know you are so much happier in tampa so we forgive you for tempting us to visit, then leaving before we get there lol!

went to the gym this evening and did 475 cals on the elliptical before running out of time. had to go to the grocery store, then pick up portia and come home. bathed myself, and portia (she gets a bath once a week!) and now am eating dinner and watching the bachelor hehe..my little guilty pleasure. dinner is 2 crab cakes (seriously love these things...) with some specialty spicy cocktail sauce that i love, a TJ salad with carrots and cabbage and lettuce with TJ's fat free dressing, and then i steamed up a few baby zucchini cut in half in the microwave, spritzed some EVOO, and sprinkled garlic powder and parmesan on them. really yummy. dessert is going to be sugar free angel food cake with strawberries and ff whipped cream..yummy.

DJ glad to hear you are still maintaining and positive, hope you can keep working out!! gail, funny about the gym and the ambiance, i personally am just on a mission when i go to the gym. i don't even really see other people...i just go in, change, come out, do my workout, go back into the locker room, get my stuff and leave. i really don't talk to anyone or do anything other than what i am there for. and half the time i look a wreck and i could care less, hahaa. but yeah i have seen women at the gym like you mention. and some of them gab and gab for like 20 minutes and i am like that's a whole 1/2 a workout! hehe. i am almost always pressed for time when i go so i have to be focused and just get it done.

anyway hope everyone had a great day today!!! we are counting down to our vacation in about a week, work is really busy..i think i mentioned this before but my old coworker/friend is interviewing within my dept and so far everyone has really liked her so she might actually come to work with me...we'll see how it turns out but it would be awesome to work with her again!! apparently old psycho boss is still terrorizing people..she's hired someone new and it's his first week and already he is looking around to leave...HAH. she yelled at him on his 2nd day..fun times there it still sounds like. SO glad i'm out of there!
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 10:23:38 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well I had every intention of going to the gym tonight but I took a nap with The Demon when I got home (my alergies had me up and sneezing and wheezing all night last night) and we only just now got out of bed! The HH is out of town on business so I''m also on Dog Duty--does walking the monster three times a day count as exercise?
9.gif

Foodwise I have been very good these past few days, but I plan on having sushi for lunch tomorrow, so I''m sure I''ll be a little high in cals. And I can''t wait to get back in the swing of the Wednesday morning weigh ins. I''ve been holding steady at about 16 lbs down, but look forward to getting back into the gym routine and dropping some more. Today I wore a pair of pants that I had actually worn once before this spring, but this time they fit me better. Always a big motivator!

Aren''t dog naps the best?! By the way is the Demon his real name? How is he doing? I hope you feel better soon. And yes, I''d say that walking him DOES count as exercise, especially if you can do it briskly and add a few minutes. It''s amazing how those little things can add up - suddently you''ve done 30 min of cardio!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 11:52:56 PM
hi gail...i got my sister the 16'' pendant and mine is 18'' with a ring at 16'' if i ever wanted to wear it that way. but honestly, i wear it at 18'' all the time. i don''t think i have ever worn it at 16''. i am 5''7'' so i would say 18'' for sure on you. i like where it lays on me. 16'' for me is too high on my neck. but if you are unsure, maybe get the 18'' with a jump ring at 16'' as i did.

thanks for the tips rod...i would imagine that i wouldn''t wear a dress (so not my thing haha) but maybe dark pants with a trendy top or something fun. we''ll see! but now i can tell greg to pack something a little more upscale casual as well...since the rest of the time i think we''ll just be kickin around in more casual wear. i am so bummed you guys aren''t in raleigh anymore but i know you are so much happier in tampa so we forgive you for tempting us to visit, then leaving before we get there lol!

went to the gym this evening and did 475 cals on the elliptical before running out of time. had to go to the grocery store, then pick up portia and come home. bathed myself, and portia (she gets a bath once a week!) and now am eating dinner and watching the bachelor hehe..my little guilty pleasure. dinner is 2 crab cakes (seriously love these things...) with some specialty spicy cocktail sauce that i love, a TJ salad with carrots and cabbage and lettuce with TJ''s fat free dressing, and then i steamed up a few baby zucchini cut in half in the microwave, spritzed some EVOO, and sprinkled garlic powder and parmesan on them. really yummy. dessert is going to be sugar free angel food cake with strawberries and ff whipped cream..yummy.

DJ glad to hear you are still maintaining and positive, hope you can keep working out!! gail, funny about the gym and the ambiance, i personally am just on a mission when i go to the gym. i don''t even really see other people...i just go in, change, come out, do my workout, go back into the locker room, get my stuff and leave. i really don''t talk to anyone or do anything other than what i am there for. and half the time i look a wreck and i could care less, hahaa. but yeah i have seen women at the gym like you mention. and some of them gab and gab for like 20 minutes and i am like that''s a whole 1/2 a workout! hehe. i am almost always pressed for time when i go so i have to be focused and just get it done.

anyway hope everyone had a great day today!!! we are counting down to our vacation in about a week, work is really busy..i think i mentioned this before but my old coworker/friend is interviewing within my dept and so far everyone has really liked her so she might actually come to work with me...we''ll see how it turns out but it would be awesome to work with her again!! apparently old psycho boss is still terrorizing people..she''s hired someone new and it''s his first week and already he is looking around to leave...HAH. she yelled at him on his 2nd day..fun times there it still sounds like. SO glad i''m out of there!
2.gif
Thanks Mara - that helps. My other favorite necklaces are 18 inches but since the diamond will be small I thought maybe it should go higher so maybe 17 inch. Maybe I will go try some on and see how they are IRL.

Your dessert sounds yum... in fact I had strawberries with low fat cool whip tonight as well and the angel food cake would have been a welcome addition!

As for the gym... I don''t know, sometimes I am on a mission but at my old gym, it became a social place for me. I have 2 good friends who I convinced to join and we would sometimes work out together. I also saw my neighbor there a lot and then I made friends/ acquaintances with several other people there. So I would usually try and talk in between sets of weights or while doing cardio or just budget extra time for talking. It really was a social gathering place for me... some people go to happy hour, I go to the gym! I am sure I''ll meet some ppl at my new gym before too long....

Speaking of the gym does anyone have a great sportsbra that they recommend? Mine are very comfortable but I notice that the fabric is a little thin.... could use something with more coverage.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
*ignoring pecan pie recipes*

Evening all! Is it only Tuesday? Argh!

I don''t care what anyone thinks about what I order. It''s my body...I take care of it (or abuse it) as I please.
1.gif

Did a very tough hour of pilates yesterday, it was great! Ate well, but did have lamb and a very small potato (yukon gold). with a wee pat of butter on it for dinner. I love lamb chops...hopefully they weren''t too bad for me!

Today, cereal for brekky, Korean for lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner (bought a bunch to try since they were on sale). Ran for one hour and walked for 25 extra minutes. Also went to the range and hit golf balls for an hour...gonna have to see how many cals hitting golf balls burns. I am a total beginner so I find it challenging and actually broke out into a bit of a sweat!

So have I missed any inspirational pics lately? I read through the old threads I missed last month when I was traveling but didn''t see any photos besides Mara''s cute ones. I love seeing pics of everyone''s progress! I hope to have some of my own by the time I go to Hawaii in October.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gail,

I *LOVE* sportsbras by Hind. All are great, but I especially like this one:

http://www.hind.com/bra.moadjust.html

Hands down the BEST sportsbras ever, and that says a lot because I'm pretty active and happen to be cursed with 32Ds. These bras sure help a lot.
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you neatfreak! I have never tried Hind, but I will DEFINITELY look into them! Thanks!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! Happy hump day. Did an hour of a killer Group Ride class at the gym yesterday (like spinning but you work the resistance to simulate uphill climbs, racing, etc.). Did a short 45 minute step tape this morning. I was feeling a bit lighter so stepped on the scale. I seem to be down about 4 pounds since my last session with the scale about 3 weeks ago so I''m pleased.

I find the 6 small meals a day work wonders as well... I''m trying to get back into that routine.

Have a good day!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!! Good job on the weight loss peachey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod, good luck with your job search!...I''m so jealous about dinner at the terraze!!!, we are past that time in Florida. The good news is it rained pretty much all day yesterday and the entire tri-county needed that!.

Yesterday was bootcamp, 633 calories!!!!!
36.gif
I''m a little sore this morning but not much, which means I''m getting back in the shape I was before the dog attack
36.gif
. I''m still not able to do more than 30 push-ups at a time...but baby steps!

Today is rumba, my favorite cardio class!
9.gif

For breakfast just had some oatmeal (real oatmeal), with ff milk, fresh ground flax seeds and a bit of honey & cinammon...yummm!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

M~

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday morning all!

For the weekly weigh in I'm thrilled to report that I'm down 17 lbs, my lowest weigh in yet!!!

LOL Gail, The Demon's real name is Dino. I just wish he didn't hog up so much of the bed during those dog naps...

TG, no inspirational pics from me lately, but hopefully when Ellen visits in a few weeks I'll have something to post. Of course that means I have to be good and stay on track until then.
3.gif

Neatfreak, I'm going to check out that sportsbra. I'm always looking for a way to keep the girls tamed while I'm doing something bouncy!

Peachy, CONGRATS on the lbs gone!

Mandarine, 30 push-ups is quite impressive -- I don't think I could do THREE, ha ha.

Rod, hang in there on the job front. The perfect thing will come along before you know it!

Mara, now you have me wanting tapas. We have several pretty good places near us, but we rarely go. Maybe this weekend.

Merrijoy, I'm interested in how you're breaking up your eating. Would you mind sharing a "typical" day?

Skippy, I think mowing the lawn should count for DOUBLE calories!

Monnie, enjoy your trip to your parents, and definitely don't feel one ounce of guilt about taking the time that's due you after the surgery. You deserve some rest and relaxation to speed your recovery.

Shortblond, your chocolate souffle cake sounds marvelous! I can't wait for the HH to get back from his trip so I can get him to make one. YUM!

Ellen, I hope you're engaging in some stamina trainnig for your trip in few weeks. There are A LOT of jewelry stores to cover in one day!
2.gif

Al, good for you and Rich on your awesome weightloss!!

Lorelei, I absolutely refuse to believe what you say about no Slendinator Fairy. That ranks right up there with no Easter Bunny, and I KNOW there's an Easter Bunny because I see him at the mall giving out tiny little chocolate versions of his offspring every year!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dee Jay, that is awesome...

skippy, I agree with Dee Jay mowing the lawn should be double calories
2.gif

Rod, hang in there. the right job is just around the corner

can I just say this thread is horrible to read when you''re hungry. I haven''t had breakfast yet and just reading all the yummy food you guys are eating is making me want it all...tapas...yum...fage...yum..starbucks..yum...

no gym for me yesterday or today. my youngest has been running a fever for over 24 hours now
7.gif
. She''s up and moving this morning but slept most of yesterday, all night and slept in this morning. I did get up early and walk zoe for about an hour though.

I hope the rest of you all have a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to take your word that there IS a Slendinator Fairy Dee, like I say, she hasn''t bothered paying my butt a visit!
39.gif
She must have been spending all her time with you, seriously though, congrats on the weight loss!

I have been working out this week, but have a touch of backache today, so I might try a careful workout later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2007 9:59:55 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Congrats Dee Jay, that is awesome...

skippy, I agree with Dee Jay mowing the lawn should be double calories
2.gif

Rod, hang in there. the right job is just around the corner

can I just say this thread is horrible to read when you''re hungry. I haven''t had breakfast yet and just reading all the yummy food you guys are eating is making me want it all...tapas...yum...fage...yum..starbucks..yum...

no gym for me yesterday or today. my youngest has been running a fever for over 24 hours now
7.gif
. She''s up and moving this morning but slept most of yesterday, all night and slept in this morning. I did get up early and walk zoe for about an hour though.

I hope the rest of you all have a great day!
Oh gosh, ditto that! I try to read this thread later in the day for that reason as many of our esteemed regulars have such a knack of describing yummy foods, it gets me hungry too!
face11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I guess I better start doing double duty on the treadmill, huh?
32.gif

You may have to cut me some slack, I''m old yanno.
9.gif
25.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 10:03:45 AM
Author: Lorelei

Oh gosh, ditto that! I try to read this thread later in the day for that reason as many of our esteemed regulars have such a knack of describing yummy foods, it gets me hungry too!
face11.gif
Yeah. I get trouble for ONE measly recipe, and we''ve got mouthwatering descriptions by the dozens.
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2007 10:14:06 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/16/2007 10:03:45 AM
Author: Lorelei

face11.gif
Yeah. I get trouble for ONE measly recipe, and we've got mouthwatering descriptions by the dozens.
11.gif
Ellen, you are not in trouble for your scrummy recipe and I'm a gonna try it if I can get some Mrs B syrup!
11.gif

ETA - I hope your little one feels better soon MrsSalvo

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I hope you can, lemme know!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have to share this story with you becuase it''s so funny!

I am having a problem with my bank (I won''t go into it because it will just piss me off all over again to think about it!) but I called a friend of mine who still works there just to vent about her lousy organization (which I used to work for too many moons ago, ha ha). Let me say up front that this friend would benefit from perhaps skipping a few desserts (to say the least). Anyway, she told me that she''s having her gallbladder removed tomorrow and that she has been on a liquid high protein diet for the past several weeks leading up to her surgery because she can''t eat any solid foot, and she''s lost 25 lbs. I was like, 25 lbs -- that''s great; you must look fantatsic! And she said, "Honey, me losing 25 lbs is like throwing a deck chair off the Queen Mary. Makes no difference on the water line whatsoever."

LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will Ellen!

OMG - your poor friend Dee, I hope her surgery is successful! Is she having the gastric band? I know many surgeons remove the GB as a routine thing during this procedure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, I don''t know about the GB, but I will ask her when it''s all over. BTW, she had a *long* list of all the things she''s craving and plans on eating PROMPTLY as soon as she gets clearance from her doctor. Pecan pie was one of them!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, lol!! Funny line, not so funny surgery though...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results