shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th Jan till 20th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2008 3:12:36 PM
Author: jas

Just a few moments to comment because I need to dig out my long underwear. It''s going to be EIGHT DEGREES this weekend. EIGHT. That''s not a temperature. That''s a nice number for a dinner party.

DeeJay, you crack me up about the phone/blackberry. DH is also in real estate and I swear you get work related calls at the oddest hours!
Jas, they have revised the weather forecast... The high on Saturday is now going to be SIX. And I am taking out *three* separate clients to see god only knows how many properties. I should get a better commission split when the temp drops below freezing, LOL.

As for the phone ringing in the middle of the night--how funny would it be if it was me on the other line calling your husband (or vice versa)! Remember that the next time his phone rings at midnight; roll over and mumble "Say hi to Dee for me," ha ha.

Anyway, today was pretty decent. We had an inspection at my client''s $1M+ three flat and I have no reason to belive that this deal isn''t going to happen so I''m doing a ***tentative*** happy dance. More about finally getting her off of my list (I''ve been draging her around now for about TWO FRICKIN'' YEARS) than about the commission.

I had two scrambled eggs this morning and then a Fiber One bar, but that''s it so far. I have some chicken fingers in the oven right now and I hope they hurry up becuase I''M STARVING.

Not sure about working out tomorrow... The timing is getting tight and my blister is killing me. I will have to see about how that works out.

Stay warm everybody! (Or everybody that that applies to anyway!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas and deejay, 6 degrees, and mara -2....brrrrrrrrr...

it supposed to be 29 here on sat. and i'm not sure i want to attempt the magic mountain hike when the temps will be in the low teens at that time of the morning that we go. my blood has thinned since i moved here..lol. my one friend that hikes with me moved her last year from chicago and she's like, hey it above 0 let's go....i'm still not so sure, although I hate missing it b/c it's such a great workout for me and for the Zoe!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 6:41:34 PM
Author: mrssalvo
jas and deejay, 6 degrees, and mara -2....brrrrrrrrr...

it supposed to be 29 here on sat. and i'm not sure i want to attempt the magic mountain hike when the temps will be in the low teens at that time of the morning that we go. my blood has thinned since i moved here..lol. my one friend that hikes with me moved her last year from chicago and she's like, hey it above 0 let's go....i'm still not so sure, although I hate missing it b/c it's such a great workout for me and for the Zoe!!
I agree; I thought I had it bad in 30 degrees for the high here until I saw Chicago and MN weather, brrrrrr! I am hoping it warms up soon because lately I have felt the like this guy ---->. Brrrr
east%20coast%20psers.gif

ETA: I did some weights, sit ups and push ups today!

ChinaCat, good to see you again!!

DeeJay, I am doing the happy dance for you too!!!

Mrs. Salvo, I want to go outside and walk too but my ears and face don't like the defrosting part afterward.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
china...i don''t really get influenced by anyone else when i am eating, if i want something i want it and if i don''t then i don''t. and actually if people say anything when i don''t want something, it makes me more bullish to not have it hehe. in terms of what i say...i typically say something no i''m stuffed, can''t have any more...or i had a huge lunch and just don''t have room for more. and when people ask me what i want to eat or what my preferences are, i typically say something like ''well i try to eat healthier so if something that isn''t too heavy is an option''...i don''t mind saying stuff like that. fact is that i try to live a healthier lifestyle. just because someone else doesn''t has absolutely no effect on me. and i know it''s not easy, it''s not easy for me either. so i just don''t feel like i should feel guilty about anything. it is what it is.

i napped for three hours, WHEE! i am so jazzed. and not because i like napping during the day, i actually hate it because i feel like such a zonkoid when i get up...but i felt like i needed to nap to keep getting better and it''s really hard for me to nap during the day, my brain just won''t shut off esp when it''s been working for 2-3 hours and then i am like ''sleep''. but i was able to sleep from 1-4 which is great. i feel pretty much the same but i know that it probably helped. and my fever is gone, so that is great news. i cancelled my trainer and not going to zumba which i am REALLY bummed about, this would be my 2nd week with that new crazy dancer girl and i was looking fwd to trying to get more of the moves down than last time...and getting a great cardio workout while at it. oh well. and of course since i have done nothing the last 2 days i feel like my muscles are atrophying. which of course is probably not the case but i still feel like it!! i saw a muscle resistance routine to give you ''dancers legs'' in self magazine last nite and it''s something i can do here at home, so i was thinking maybe tonite if i feel okay i will do that and then do the ball routine i mentioned to you up above kimi. that way if i don''t work out tomorrow either at least i am working the muscles which are the most important things.

anyhow sounds like everyone is having a busy day. not sure what dinner will be, we have TJ''s pizzas in the fridge but i keep wanting to get a burrito or something, probably a symptom of being a shut in in the house for 1.5 days at this point. i have to go get some prescrips at the pharmacy too but am thinking i will put that off til tomorrow. my lunch was campbells chicken noodle, old fashioned, love the stuff even if it''s sodium city, and a 1/2 english muffin. and i''ve had about 5 clementines today, love these things, so tiny and a little punch of vit C. have a great evening all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, sorry you''re under the weather, hope you feel better soon! I posted a response re. our possible meetup in MN on your who''s who thread.

I''ve been totally MIA from the WWT for the past couple weeks now...I''m not abandoning you all, I promise! Life is a little crazy at the moment and I just haven''t been in workout/fitness/healthy mode recently but I did want to check in and say hello and let you all know I''m still alive, lol! Take care, everyone, I hope to be back on track soon!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My afternoon ended up being busy, no time for working out. I''ve been assigned a student teacher, someone I know and really like, but still need a site supervisor (am waiting to hear from my wacky school). The teacher called me to let me know and I spent the afternoon in her classroom, talking about my wacky school and the application I need to get filled out. Still no start date but one more step in the correct direction. I cannot wait for this to be over and done with. It has occupied my life for way too long (I''ve been working on placement since mid October).

We had tacos for dinner. I''m doing laundry so I can pack for our trip.

Have a great rest of your evening all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone.........

Another long day, but I won't bore you with work poop. Charlie left early and made it to the gym by 5:00, I on the other hand didn't get there till 6:30, but Rod was determined to have a full and productive workout and so he did. One sad point from the gym tonight. One of the "uber" boys (he could/should be a model or an actor) was doing some unassisted something somewhere, and he was using a 55 pound dumbell held by his feet (can you imangine holding 55 pounds of anything by your feet????) and somehow when he was coming off, he rested the dumbell on something and it fell about three feet and smashed his left foot toes badly. I manged to walk by just after it fell on his foot, so I was the closest to him and I heped him get his shoe off and his toes were bleeding badly and looked pretty mangled to me. So, I helped him wrap it and even though we've never spoken before, he gave me his car keys and I went to the garage and got his car for him so he wouldn't have to walk up three flights of stairs and I hope he took my advice and went to the emergency room. I'm thinking at a minimum he broke at least 3 toes and possibly crushed one or more. I would have been in tears, but he held up pretty well. These "uber" boys, they can evidently take pain better than us old farts..........

I'm sorry your cold took a turn for the worse Mara. How exciting that your clothes need to be taken in so much. When I lost all my weight, my clothes were all SO BIG, that I had nothing that could be altered and I had to give every single article of clothing I had away.

Yay for 130 calories on the TD Marcy!! You GO GIRL!!

Sounds like you and Hubby really enjoyed the new workout Lorelei. We can't wait for pics of you in that new bikini you'll be wearing this summer!!!

Glad you got some good rest Kimberly. No matter how tired I am, I can't go to bed early, unless I'm pretty sick.

Glad you made it to the gym cdt!!

Woo Hoo for being down 6.5 pounds DeeJay!! Enjoy your secret dinner at the chinese restaurant.......I'm joining you in your happy dance on nearly closing the deal on the $million dollar house!!!

Yummm, Pot Roast Skippy!! Glad you were able to get some fitness indoors. Sounds too cold for a Skippy walk.....

Good for you making it to the gym in the snow Sharon!!

Good job on 30 minutes on the elliptical Apple!!

Jas, I thought Zippy was out of your life forever, but at least he's almost out!

China, I don't tell people I'm dieting. I'm really not anymore. But I am super cautious about what I eat and if anyone says anything, I simply say that I used to have a weight issue and I have to be careful with my food intake and I'm really into healthy foods. If they have an issue with it, it's their issue, not mine........

I'm not sure I could blame you for not doing your magic mountain hike in temps below 30 Mrssalvo. You can just say the baby shouldn't be exposed to the cold!!

Hey Monnie, hope all is well and it's nice to hear from you!!

Yay for tomorrow being Friday. I'm so so so ready for this looooong not fun week to end. We have get up extra early tomorrow as we're taking both bimmers in for an oil change and the dealer is not around the corner and we need to get there, drop our cars off, pick us the loaner and be at work by 8:30 at the latest. Tomorrow night will be Sushi, Tart Frozen Yogurt and Coffee under the oak (as long as it's not chilly).

That's about all I've got tonight. I hope everyone who's not feeling well, feels better soon. Sleep well everyone!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock

Hi all! My dad is doing a lot better and hopefully will be out of the hospita tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes.

1.gif

LadyPirate: sorry about your job loss but it sounds like you are already onto your next adventure and that the change will be a positive one for you. Good luck with your move.

Mara: hope your cold passes quickly. I was in Minnesota last week for work and man was it COLD. Bring your ski mask….hehehe.

Skippy: it sounds like you have the same weather as us down there….stay warm! And yummy for the pot roast.

I was able to get in my mid-week long run tonite (5 miles) after I visited my Dad so I am still on track for the week for the training program. Tomorrow is an off day and Saturday is the long run (it’s supposed to be 15 degrees….eek! although compared to you folks in Chicago, that will be a spring day). Today was light day food wise….boca breakfast wrap, clif bar for lunch, and grilled chicken with mac n cheese and green beans for dinner. A little low on cals overall even with the mac n cheese so I feel pooped now.

Rod: I can''t believe that guy dropped 55 lbs on his toes.....OUCH.
3 days til I leave for India…whee!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We went walking around Lowe’s again tonight to get ideas for the bathroom. Once we decided to get new towel racks that led to new lights which let to the next thing so now we are pretty much replacing everything in the bathroom. The light yellow we picked for the walls is brighter than we expected but we are both okay with it.
Lorelei, Miss Jasmine sounds very strong willed. I am glad to hear you survived the first night of training. One day down only 89 to go. Tee hee. I am going to make myself some hard boiled eggs this weekend. That really sounds good.
Kimi, I hope you get rested up. I am sure you are enjoying having some spare time. I am not quite a cardio superstar but I appreciate your encouragement. I am glad you finally got your student teacher assignment and that you like her. I know you’ll be anxious to get started on your final portion towards earning your degree.
CD, I hope you aren’t getting sick. I am glad the egg whites are keeping you going to lunch.
DeeJay, I am sorry to hear about your nasty blister. Those are painful! Yeah for being down 6.5 pounds so far this year. I will get the bed made up in the 5th wheeler for you in case your HH doesn’t take kindly to your suggestion of moving to another bedroom. The only reason I get up and move is if I wake up for too long I can’t go back to sleep. I hope you’ll soon be able to do the happy dance to celebrate your big commission. Is there some new bling on the horizon?
Skippy, stay warm. It’s been brutal here; when we left for work it was 7. The wind chill makes it fill 20 below. Aak! I hope it warms up enough you can get out and walk. I love your little bundled up smiley face. Your pot roast sounds great.
Sharon, sorry your snow wasn’t pretty. One of my favorite mornings is when the sky is blue, the sun is out and there is snow on everything. It sounds like you had a great workout at the gym today; I hope you don’t get sore. I am sorry to hear you still don’t have much of an appetite.
Appletini, have fun at your class tomorrow.
Mara, maybe if you eat Oreo’s really fast they don’t count for as many calories.
9.gif
They are pretty easy to polish off in one or two settings. I hope you get rested up and are feeling great for your trip next week.
Jas, I am so excited to hear you will be done with Zippy the Pinhead SOON. Stay warm. I wore my long johns to work yesterday; they were 2 sizes too big, they made me look 15 pounds heavier but at least they helped keep me warm.
ChinaCat, I had to laugh at your husband thinking nachos and beer are so few calories. My husband is like that too. It’s cute they are trying though. Some people are weird about you being on a diet but I don''t pay much attention to it.
MrsSalvo, 29 sounds a bit chilly to me for a long walk. If you go you’ll walk fast anyway.
Hi Monnie, it’s good to see you here again. I hope your crazy life settles down soon.
Rod, OUCH for that poor man smashing his toes. I’d still be crying and whining. That was nice of you to help him. I hope your Friday isn’t too stressful and woo hoo for the weekend being here soon.
Tdiddy, I am relieved to hear your dad is doing okay after his surgery. I’m glad you got in a nice run today. I am sure you are anxious for your trip to India. Have a fun and safe trip.
Take care and sleep well.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, it is Friday!!!
9.gif
The pot roast last night was yummy but hubby made focaccia and I think I ate too much (bad hubby for making yummy bread I have no willpower against).
11.gif
Hubby has the day off so we want to go try this new grocery store called the SunFlower Market (kind of like WF) and pick up some fresh veggies and spices. We might get some greek food for lunch from this wonderful hole in the wall Greak restaurant only open on weekdays. I hope to try and get a walk in even though it is cold; I will just bundle up. hehee Tomorrow I might go see a chick flick w/one of my girlfriends since hubby does not like girlie movies. TGIF and have a great day all!
35.gif

Mara, naps are good; hope you get better soon! If you have anymore tamales, I hear they are good for being under the weather. My hubby swears by chile getting the cold or flu out of you quicker (I think it is becaue the heat makes you have to drink more water).

Rod, I see in Tampa that you all have weather in the 70's!
25.gif
2.gif
That poor guy at the gym; you are so sweet to help him. I can't look at blood and very bad in emergency's; glad you were around to help him. I hope you have a wonderful weekend; sounds like you had a tough week and the weekend is just what you need!

Monnie, good to see ya!

Kimi, yay for being assigned to someone you like.

Tdiddy, glad your dad will leave the hospital soon; you all have been in my thoughts and prayers. Your trip is soon, no? Enjoy you run; I hope it warms up for you!

Marcy, yay for your walk around Lowe's! Fun, new lights! I think painting yellow is trick; glad it is fine. I still need to paint our bedroom; this spring!

Hey Lorelei

WWT friends in Chicago stay warm!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG ROD, that guy dropping 55 pounds on his toes....YIKES!!!!!!! I would have been howling the place down very loudly, for him to not make a sound....

Hehehe Rod, I am walking around the house doing most muscular poses and rear lat spreads already!
31.gif

Good for you on the treddy Marcy! Miss Jasmine is extremely strong willed and she is also highly intelligent, which makes for a challenging combination! Basically what you are doing with Natural Horsemanship techniques, is speaking to them in their own language which they understand. You do this in order for them to understand that the handler is their herd leader and therefore dominant over them. Once they understand this, you can have a much better working relationship with the horse. So I think she is now really settling in with us and was pushing her luck recently, so now I seem to have nipped that in the bud, she is behaving far more respectfully, with me anyway. A dominant sort of mare like Jasmine needs firm direction in this manner, not only for my safety, but for her sense of security.

Back to another weight session tonight, so more boiled eggs to look forward to...
face7.gif
I need to hit the shops.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

We''re leaving for Phoenix shortly after I get home from work this afternoon. Wanted to wish you all a nice weekend.

If you have some spare fairy dust, please send it my way regarding the student teaching debacle. I would really like for this to be settled.

~K

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is some dust for you Kimmy!
wiz1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, Lorelei! I''m feeling pretty dejected about the whole situation. I''ve dealt with some administrative disasters in my time (heck I''ve been the cause of a few when serving as an Exec Assist) but never have I dealt with such a poorly run, convoluted, ridiculous process as this has been from start to finish.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it will all work out Kimmy, but it can be so frustrating with these things. Hang in there!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
morning everyone! I feel like poo today
8.gif
I think i''m sick...i''m not congested or anything, but my throat feels funny and I just overall feel blah. No energy. I normally have lots of energy. I did go to the gym last night eventhough I really wasn''t feeling well, but for the 1st time ever in my life, I actually felt guilty about NOT going. So I sucked it up and went! woohoo! That''s a huge accomplishment for me since I don''t actually enjoy working out.

Hope everyone else is feeling better than I am
3.gif

Keep up the good work and enjoy your weekend!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! so i feel a bit better...totally not 100% but i think i am going to brave the office. i am one of those people who feels totally weird when i am out of the office sick for a day or something, convinced all my projects are being given away or something. plus i get SO amazingly bored when i am at home alone and i can''t go out of the house...it''s diff when you have a day off and you can go out shopping or for a run or sommething but when you''re sick, you move between what..the couch, the kitchen, the bathroom?? sooo boring. and you can only sleep so much. i slept last nite from 10pm to 8am this morning, so i figure that''s enough for now. if i feel crappy this afternoon i will come home. but we''re going to stay in tonite and and then tomorrow i just have zumba (which i am DEF going to!) and a party in SF in the evening and that''s it, can rest the whole day otherwise.

yay for working out cdt but be careful, these colds are sneaky...!! i kept thinking i was kicking it trying to get me then BAM. just be sure to get enough rest and drink up your airborne. i am taking mine 2x a day.
rod, omg 55 lbs on the toes, that is so painful but it was great you were there and could help him. good karma for sure. and yeah i know i was pretty jazzed getting some stuff tailored. when i came out in the super big pants the guy was like woah what happened here...haha.
kimi yum hope tacos were good (that was last nite right? or is that tonite?!!) i think we are having tacos too tonite.
mrs salvo/skip, i know, this weather in MN is friggin crazy. i mean what does -3 feel like. and how does your body survive? i am freezing in 30 degree weather here at home.
tdiddy, lol re: ski mask. what is that anyway?! does 2 scarves layered over my head count? hehee. i''m a california girl, i don''t know if we understand such things!!

so yeah next week i''ll be in MN (and yes monnie saw your note that you can''t make it, totally understandable and i''m bummed but i will probably be out there again this summer, so maybe we can try again then!!)...and the town we''ll be in is small, the food choices are so not happening...last time they catered in like BBQ and some breakfast egg and bacon heart attack meal. lucky for us, our hotel has a continental breakkie which has boiled eggs and light n''fit yogurt, so i am all over that. and i am taking my sugar free oatmeal. and for lunch i just said i''d like a few healthy options. and dinners out, well those are hit or miss, but i figured that. i just hope that i am okay to work out at least 2x when over there, health wise. there is a cute little gym at the hotel that is always empty.

i think we are going to try this new place for dinner tonite...i found it on yelp (my new food bible)...i never knew this place existed and it''s literally up the street from us. it''s a taco truck but they specialize in seafood! and apparently it''s amazing! they have things like crab tacos, snapper burritos, oysters on the half shell?!?! there''s no real seating, outdoors but not feasible for this weather, so i think we''ll just go get some stuff and bring it home...and hang out and watch a movie since i am recovering anyway. but mexican seafood that''s actually good, cheap and close by? i am so all over it. oh and i read that they actually are fairly healthy with how they cook things, no fried taco shells or anything. yay!

anyhow better get ready for work! have a great day all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I had to go out to a job in Spokane, Washington and it was -10 degrees and I just remember the hotel gave us scrappers for the windshield (you probably will need them). Also we got up early and left the car running close to the front of the lobby so we wouldn't die getting into the car. I brought a heavy wool coat (I hardly ever wear it here but bought it for the trip) and of course packed gloves, and a big wool scarf! Bundle up. heheee Once the car was warm; then we parked close and being bundled up made it much better. Stay warm and I drank hot tea in the mornings. hehee

Kimi, have a good trip in PHX (if you get bored come on over to visit me in ABQ)
31.gif
2.gif
Crossing my fingers things get sorted out soon.

Cdt, get better. Maybe we should disinfect this thread so no one else gets sick, hehee
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
skippy, lucky me i don''t have to drive, my boss drives and i am just the passenger. and the office we head to is only 5 min drive from the hotel. so worst comes to worst we can dash into the car, get it going, speed over to the office then run inside where it''s warm. lol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting tidbit from Hungry-Girl...interesting re: the workout makes you hungry. that is why i have been doing less cardio, because there have been studies also that show you just get really hungry after burning say 600 cals. but then you eat back 300 or so of them and the cardio has no muscle building assistance at all. so it''s just like plus and minus. whereas with muscle resistance work, you don''t feel as hungry afterwards so you probably won''t pig out, and you burn cals for a higher rate afterwards, higher than with just cardio.

Calorie ALERT: How Clueless Are We?!

Just some interesting calorie-related tidbits we''ve gathered here over at the HG HQ...

1. According to exercise physiologists, people WILDLY overestimate how many calories they burn during exercise. Many people don''t pay attention to the information that''s often provided on the machines in front of them at the gym. You must input your weight to get the accurate amount of calories burned -- and to be fair, you really should subtract the number of calories you''d burn doing nothing for that same period of time (about 50 - 100 calories per hour, depending on your weight and other factors).

2. Exercise makes people HUNGRY. And since people often think they''ve burned more calories than they really have, they can end up consuming more calories than they''ve burned! So don''t use a workout as an excuse to pig out. Bad idea. BTW, studies have shown that exercisers overeat the most after a swimming workout. Interesting.

3. Most people grossly underestimate how many calories their meals contain, especially when dining out. Couple that with them overestimating how many calories they''re BURNING, and there''s a recipe for disaster!

Be careful out there, people!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hey wwt! so many sickies - feel better soon! i thought it was going to be cold here this weekend, but we are at least in double digits (barely), so i can't compete with some of you.

i had a great dance class last night. i felt really strong and energized and had so much fun. part of what i like about it is that i work so hard...sometimes i feel like my elliptical workout is not challenging enough and it's not really cutting it anymore. i can tell that the intense dancing has really helped my cardiovascular fitness. i have even been contemplating giving running a try...i was late to meet my friend the other night cause i couldn't find a parking spot, so i ended up running from my car to the theatre...and it actually felt good! so i might give it a go at the gym this weekend. my only concern is whether the impact will bother my knees, ankles, and sore toe. i guess i'll find out. if that doesn't work out, i guess i'll be looking for tips on how to amp up my elliptical routine.

no workout today, cause i have a friend's birthday party after work, but i plan to be active both days this weekend.

eating has been good - yesterday i had oatmeal with a bit of peanut butter stirred in for breakfast, half a bagel with cream cheese (i had a craving!), some fage and half a pear for lunch, clif bar for a snack, and a whole wheat tortilla with scrambled egg whites, salsa, and a little 2% cheese with broccoli slaw and a clementine for dinner. i also had hot cocoa and a pumpkin muffin after dinner cause i was still hungry. today i've had a pumpkin muffin, a lean cuisine pizza and a clementine. there is a work birthday party with cake this afternoon - i am planning to have 2-3 bites then quit. and dinner will be on the fly at my friend's party, but i plan to choose something healthy-ish and limit myself to one glass of wine. i'm really not interested in wasting too many calories on alcohol at this point, i'd rather have food!

ETA: i almost forgot, i ordered a polar heart rate monitor last night. i think that will help me get a better picture of how hard i'm actually working at my various activities and help ensure that i'm getting the most out of my workout time. i am excited!

have a great weekend!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ahhh, the weekend. Rode the bike today and watched he remainder of my movie. Too lazy to shovel the entire driveway--just did three strips and called it a day. Back to the gym on MOmday.

Have a good one, folks!

cheers--Sharon

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I''ve been MIA for the past couple days. I have been kinda busy, kinda nervous about wedding planning and studying for a big exam all at the same time.

So after I read the sugar/alternatives thread, I bought some agave syrup last night. It''s actually really yummy, but I''ve been reading conflicting reports on it. Need to look into it more before I make the switch.

Kimberly, you look fantastic in your photo!

Jas, hope all is well with the baby. How far along are you? Should we start a baby pool...make bets on your delivery date?

I hope all the under-the-weather WWT-ers recover over the weekend and come back refreshed and recharged on Monday! I have to go to the gym tonight. I must I must I must. (because I didn''t do diddly squat since Monday). But I did get a haircut, so that counts as weight loss. Haha.

xo,
CJ

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers!

I was SO bad today...ate an ice cream sandwich from TJs that was something like 440 calories. O.O I guess all this moving is making me hungry! Tonight we''re making homemade pesto and having that with chicken and pasta. Yum! After dinner, I''m going to try to get Kris to come on a walk with me and then we''re going to a jazz concert (the Roy Haynes quartet).

I hope everyone who is under the weather (both health wise and actual weather wise!) is feeling a bit more up soon. Have a great weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I walked only a mile because it was so cold and windy; I almost needed a ski mask, lol. Tomorrow is muscle hour, yay!!!

Well I went to the Sunflower Market (like Wholefoods) and I brought in my WF''s bag and they bagged my grocery''s and asked if I wanted a free bag. I said sure; then they told me I had to give them my WF bag. I said, well that isn''t free! Then I thought what the heck to they do w/all the other bags customers turn in?!?!?! Throw them a way, I bet! nutty grocery store, sheesh!!
33.gif

Mara, I think that is interesting info. When I use to do the intense 1 1/2 hr step aerobics I use to leave starving and wanting pancakes!!! hehe I think there maybe some truth to that but I do think we need cardio too even if it means it is only good for our hearts. I do think a combo of weights and cardio is important. When I was doing more weights I lost weight quicker so I think I will up the weight lifting to 3 times a week.
1.gif

Yay for your workouts Shortblonde, Sharon, CrownJewel! Hey haircuts count for weight loss. hehee
3.gif

Lady, that isn''t bad if you don''t do it all the time. Yum I love pesto!

Have a wonderful evening all!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all, the weather service modified our forcast so the overnight low is only 27 degrees so I decided to go for the magic mountain hike. I really need to make myself do it. unlike most of you loosing weight, i''m up about 30 lbs and the added weight of my belly is slowing circulation and I can feel my legs tightening up, so a good hike will do me some good. I do have a prenatal massage scheduled for early next week which I''m hoping will help too, it sure can''t hurt....

i hope you all have a very wonderful weekend and for all your sickie''s out there that you can get back to 100% asap!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Everyone,

It was an even longer day today, but not necessarily a bad one as I was at least productive. I had nightmares last night that my toes were mangled. Obviously that came from helping that young man who hurt his toes so badly. OUCH OUCH OUCH. And yes, Lorelei, I don''t know how he could not have screamed loudly after hurting himself so badly. I didn''t leave the office until 6:30. On a Friday, no less. At least when I did leave, it was to meet Charlie at our fav sushi place, so the evening was really nice. Seems more and more people are realizing our favorite sushi place is their favorite too, so it was jammed and people were waiting outside for tables to open up. Then we headed for fro-yo, then coffee under the oak tree. It was cool tonight, but not too cool to sit out with a sweater! Tomorrow, we''ll have a regular Saturday. You know breakfast on the terrace, lunch at some deli, coffee at Sbucks, a good long workout and dinner out somewhere (Rod is craving seafood).

tdiddy, I''m glad your dad is doing better and will be out of the hospital soon!! Enjoy your trip to India!!

Marcy, sounds like you all are having fun with the bathroom project!!

Skippy.......Yummmm, homemade focaccia bread!! Glad you didn''t freeze too badly on your walk in the cold! I think it hit the low 70''s today, but it was still a bit overcast, so it felt chilly.

GO Lorelei........Glad you''re really getting into your new muscle workouts. I see you posing, you sexy lady you!!

I''m sure I''ve missed you, but have a great weekend in Phoenix Kimberly, and I''m sorry about your frustration over the teaching assistant. I hope it all get''s resolved to your satisfaction quickly.

Sorry you''ve joing the WWT not feeling well club cdt. Feel better soon!

Mara, I''m not too into Mexican food, but I must admit seafood taco''s sound good. I hope they were. Good stuff on the calorie alert. And I agree that after burning over 500 calories in 35 minutes on the elliptical (yes, I input my age and honest weight), I come off the machine absolutely famished. So, I know it can be dangerous, but I''m very careful not to eat more calories than I''ve burned.

SB, when I first started running, I got a Polar Heart Rate and Distance monitor and found it very helpful.

Hey Sharon, glad you finished your movie while riding the bike!!

ladypirate, I hope you enjoyed our icecream sandwhich and you shouldn''t feel bad about it, unless your planning making it a daily treat!!

It''s late and am heading to get some sleep. I''m not getting out of bed until I darn well feel like getting out bed, which hopefully won''t be before 9:00 AM. I know they say one should go to sleep and get up the same exact time every day of the week, but I truly believe sleeping in on the weekend is a major luxury and one I don''t want to give up.

Sleep well everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Happy Friday! We had an astronomy meeting tonight and in spite of the frigid temperatures we had about 15 people show up. We didn’t set up any scopes though.
Skippy, I am glad your pot roast was yummy. Have fun at the chick flick tomorrow. I just found the sample of the paint we picked out and it matches but of course a little square isn’t as bright as an entire wall. I’m glad I like yellow. That is kind of strange they wanted your grocery bag.
Lorelei, we had friends with horses and I know they were almost like dealing with children. One of them liked to get out so I had the thrill of rounding her up in a 4WD Subaru one time; it was fun. I didn’t have time to do the TM tonight but will walk on it tomorrow.
Kimi, have fun in Phoenix. Here is some fairy dust coming your way.
CD, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling like your normal self. I hope you get better soon.
Mara, I am glad you are feeling better. Have fun at the party tomorrow night. Thanks for the info from HG.
Shortblonde, I am glad you had a great time at dance class last night. I hope you had fun at the birthday party tonight.
Sharon, it sounds like a great day for you to stay in, workout and watch a movie.
CJ, yeah for a new haircut. Have fun planning your wedding and good luck with your studies.
Ladypirate, I hope you had time for a nice walk this enjoy and that your jazz concert was nice.
MrsSalvo, have a nice hike tomorrow and stay warm.
Rod, I can understand why you’d have a dream like that; your foot probably hurt when you woke up. I think my husband is anxious to get the bathroom finished; poor guy fell asleep on the couch while I cooked supper tonight. I’m with you that sleeping in is a nice luxury but I usually wake up bright and early. Rats.
Well, take care and have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* hits a front lat spread* hehehe Rod, I am hitting poses like crazy!
9.gif

Workout went well again last night. It also went a lot quicker now we know what we are doing a bit! We finished with 20 mins fast cardio, it was really enjoyable after the weights! So a couple of days off now, but I might fit in another cardio session this weekend if I feel up to it!

Marcy, indeed horses are like kids!

diddy, I am so glad to hear Dad is doing so well!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! this cold is tenacious, i am still trying to get rid of it entirely. slept from 10:30 to 7:30 and still tired, but actually TIRED of being in bed sleeping. we just have a party tonite that i have to pick up cupcakes for today and we are trying this new place that is just opening for breakkie but other than that...not much to do today. so i''m loading up my ipod, buying songs, putting more cd''s into my itunes, to get ready for my trip. apparently it''s NEGATIVE 13 there today, this is getting better by the minute. i''m totally going to die.

on a plus i picked up my alterations and while it was a hair raising amount of $$ for them, they all look FAB and i am jazzed. my coat looks great. and the pants they did a ton of work on are so flattering now. i might have everything altered forevermore from this point out. i had them alter this shortie pair of wool crop pants (the ones you wear with tall boots) from banana from last fall...they were kind of a funny size to begin with and hung in a weird spot, making me look more protruded in the belly area because they didn''t fit right. so i had them scoop them in on the back waist area and take them in a little over the butt area to make them more fitted. they look AWESOME. much more flattering and shows off my shape more. and for like $14 or something. so...definitely keeping stuff like that in mind for the future. and for anyone who has a smaller waist and booty and doesn''t like that gap of material, get them tailored. i''m such a believer now.

so last nite, the seafood tacos and stuff we got was AMAZING. i wrote a glowing review of this place on yelp, seriously we are in love. and they have a massive menu, we tried 3 diff tacos, a small burrito and a small quesadilla to share and i only ate like 1/2 of each of the tacos, 1/3 of the burrito sans tortilla and 1/2 the quesadilla and i was STUFFED. of course i managed to fit in the last 7 oreos from our bag hehee. greg ate the rest of the food and was seriously stuffed. we can''t wait to go back and it''s so close. we have no idea how we never knew.

and today we are heading over for breakfast to this new place that is just opening near us. actually they are opening technically on monday but because i have been emailing back and forth with the VP gal on when they open, she invited us to come out today and join their little private pre-opening/celebration to work out the last kinks before opening on monday. so i''m not sure what they are going to have, aka regular menu but we are going to walk over once greg gets up and hopefully they''ll be serving breakkie. i am so excited about this place because they are a sandwich and soup place primarily, a tiny SCal chain that is opening here, but they also do a breakkie with about 5-6 things only. crepes, omelets, french toast, but the real thing i am jazzed about is they do oatmeal with granola and berries. which is amazingly hard to find in places around here. and this place is literally a 5 min walk from us. so if they do a good breakkie, we will be over there all the time.

then tonite my other culinary excitement is getting these cupcakes from this specialty place i have been DYING to try out. they require minimum orders though and in the past it''s like okay where do i need 12-24 cupcakes for. but this party was the best opp to order. so i got 24 minis and they are doing a sampler and this place is supposed to be phenom. flavors like meyer lemon, red velevet, snickerdoodle. can''t wait!!! and it will be fun to see all our friends tonite in SF.

i''m bummed because zumba was cancelled today so i guess i''ll just do some work at home. i seriously feel like my muscles are atrophying as i type. silly i know. so if i can do some activity today it''d be great. and then i PLAN a walk/run tomorrow with greg, so we''ll see. next monday-thurs while traveling for work i typcally work out at the hotel gym BUT if i don''t feel 100% i won''t want to exert myself even more...so that could suck. we shall see.

happy saturday everyone. oh and rod, WHO SAYS you should wake up the same time everyday? what a boring life that would be!! def sleep in and take some luxuries where you can!

back to nail painting and cd uploading. have a great day all. stay warm!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results