shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th Jan till 20th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I walked another ¾ of a mile on the treadmill tonight and am kind of sore (feet) so I think I’ll take tomorrow off.
CD, I eat cheerios most of the time for breakfast. I can’t have milk so I eat it dry. I also have some fruit with it. Congratulations for being down 1.5 pounds.
Skippy, too funny about your female warrior saying eat pie. Tee hee. That is so nice that you and your sister are making meals to take over to your uncle. I hope you enjoyed your walk and thanks for thinking of me. Yuck to getting pink eye from allergies; maybe I should think about getting shots again. I know I’d feel better.
Mara, I hope you get over your cold soon. I am sure you’ll be both happy and sad to see the brownies come to an end. Mmm brownies. Your Mara McMuffin sounds great; I’ll have to try that. I like Canadian bacon better than bacon but the center cut is great. I am glad Portia is fine now.
CJ, I am sure your weight is just fluctuating and will drop back below 110 pounds. I think focusing on how your clothes fit and getting stronger will work great for you. It sounds like your inner warriors helps to push you on. Woo hoo. Your smoothies sound wonderful.
Sharon, your water walk sounds great. We had a pretty nice day here today with it getting in the low 40’s.
Appletini, you new instructor sounds terrific; I hope they make her permanent. I am glad you enjoyed a walk outside today.
ChinaCat, my husband is trying to loose weight too but I plugged his info in on sparkpeople and he can eat about twice as many calories as I do so now he just tries to eat double what I do. That is working for him. I like calorieking.com for calories it’s a little easier to search for items then I just figure it up with a calculator. My last collage picture was posted at the end of December so it should be in that WWT thread. You are kind to switch your wedding date for your FMIL allergies. I would say May and September are my worst months. I should get shots but just don’t take the time to drive in to town to get the shots. After reading about Skippy’s pink eyes though I may change my mind.
Jas, I am glad to hear you won’t have to make many changes in your eating and exercise habits. So Twinkies must be safe to eat; I like them but I like Hostess Cupcakes better.
Kimi, I am sure chasing after the kiddos all day is a work out. I hope you get your teaching assignment soon. I’d love to go find your before and after photo do you have any idea what weekly thread it was posted on?
Tdiddy, I am glad you bronchitis is better; that is great you were still able to run the marathon on top of that. I’d fill up on good food before going overseas too. Good idea to take you own food to eat.
Rod, sorry to hear you had another long and frustrating Monday. I am glad you had a nice relaxing evening tonight.
DeeJay, yeah for doing your workout even though you have a busy day.
Well, take care and have a great Tuesday.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I am so glad The Princess P is better!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Welcome back ChinaCat
35.gif

Jas, many congratulations to you!!
36.gif
35.gif

Rod, I have to ask, what is a fuji apple? I keep wondering whenever you mention them and always forget to ask you LOL!!!

Anyway, time for a shake up in the Lorelei household. I was reading the latest issue of Muscle and Fitness and they have a great routine which Hubby and I are going to do together. It is mainly weights and little cardio, I really am going to have to let go of my fears of getting bigger! But Hubby needs a new plan to get him working out more, so we are going to try it, it is a 3 month program. Anyone who is interested, it is in Muscle and Fitness 33 page special, Getting Started 12 week beginner weight training guide.

Did my 50 mins last night. I have some new DVD''s of The Tudors, which was shown on BBC late last year, excellent show and an old TV series from my childhood is on order from Amazon - yippee!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone, i am STILL sick. @ weeks now, but I THINK it is starting to pass today. I really want to get on the treadmill, but I think it is better to wait until I am 100% again. I got on the scale today, I am going to try VERY hard not to get on the scale again until Friday....
I had a yummy sushi dinner last night, my mom, my nanny (my grandmother), and I went out to dinner. I had the house salad with the ginger dressing SO good, fried gyoza, which is my favorite and I know not wonderful because it is fried, and my cucumber rolls. I also had 1 of my nanny's shrimp tempora, delish! They also brought out fresh fruit on the house, for dessert, so I had an orange and it was perfect. This week I am really going to work on eating more fruits and protein.

What is everyones take on butter vs margarine?
I hope everyone has a fabulous week!!
35.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
OH!!!! I FORGOT TO MENTION................anyone like girl scout cookies?! I love thin mints...well I heard on the radio t his morning that they will be selling 100 caloies packs!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Golden, I used to weigh myself daily and sometimes twice
23.gif
, but I didn't find it helpful as all you are really doing is measuring your body's natural fluctuations and not fat loss, as it isn't possible over so short a time. Try for once weekly only and I think once you get into the habit, you will find it more accurate.

I hope you feel better soon!

My take on butter and margarine is this. I normally have a low fat spread for bread and cooking etc for daily use, but if all is available is butter or marg, I would always choose the butter and enjoy it as a treat. I really don't like marg...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All!

Marcy, I have no idea when I posted those pictures; I can repost them this afternoon.

Golden, I use butter very rarely (olive oil is so good for us and we cook with it quite often). On the rare occasion when a recipe calls for it and I can't substitute it with olive oil I use real butter. If I eat bread and butter, next to never, I use a butter substitute (the name is escaping me).

Mmmm, Fuji apples are the best, Lorelei. They're type, just like Granny Smith. Very sweet and juicy. Your new workout plan with hubby sounds great!

tdiddy, I'm glad you felt good enough to run with your marathon group! That's awesome. And India! What an adventure, whether it's business or pleasure.

Jas, I'm more excited about getting on with the business of life. I'm not good at shutting down, so I feel like I should be working on school every spare moment, I'm looking forward to not feeling that pull towards the computer anymore (it will be replaced by the classroom though, I'm sure!).

Working today, then home and some exercise. I'm still fighting this cold. It seems that I can't escape the constant stuffy head, runny nose thing because of being around kids all day. I'm out of airborne, oh no!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimmy! I am a bit nervous and yet excited about this new plan, maybe I can get my best body yet....I don''t think the cardio is doing a lot now, other than keeping me where I am at. I am lucky as Hubby has taken control with the new workout plans and I can act pathetic and get him to change the weights for me on the machine when it is my turn...hehe....

Thanks for the apple info also!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! Just a quick hello. And a very big CONGRATULATIONS to jas!! A baby is so exciting...I can''t wait to hear about the progress! I loved talking to my SIL about her pregnancy, and even post-pregnancy. Babies are just tons of fun.

I had a fantastic workout with my trainer last night. I''ve been thinking a lot about something she said. At this point, she knows I don''t feel like I''ve worked hard enough unless I am sore the next day. Now, I don''t need to feel that every day...only once a week is enough. She said to me, "you can workout very hard and still not feel it the next day. Being sore tomorrow is not the only sign that you worked hard today." So now I''m wondering if, with my attitude of "no pain no gain," am I setting myself up for bulky muscles? I guess it is the masochist in me that looks for the pain the next day, and maybe that''s not very healthy. It''s also been a while since I''ve been in a regular workout regimen, so maybe I''m thinking like this because I''m much weaker than I used to be?

I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday! Will check in again later.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
good morning everyone! last night I went to the gym and did 30 minutes cardio on the ellipitcal and a 20 minutes leg workout. I''m so glad i went. It really did feel great to workout again. It''s just so hard getting motivated to go. I hope to make it today, but it may be a mini workout since I have dr appt tonight.

this morning I ate 2 egg whites w/ my english muffin. It wasn''t so bad. I just made sure to put lots of pepper (black and cayenne) when I made the whites. I''ll be interested to see if this keeps me fuller longer.

enjoy your day everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay lorelei for shaking things up!!! i think that you will find that your fears of getting big are unfounded. as you know i kind of felt the same way...but i was just telling my coworker yesterday (who is considering using my personal trainer for a while) that if you do things the right way and the RIGHT exercises, you can actually even look thinner rather than bulking up.

a good example for me is that i always kind of felt like my top shoulder and back area never looked 'thin' or athletic, it just looked big to me. maybe that is crazy because i mentioned it to my trainer when we started and they were like uhh what? well, now after a few months of doing some shoulder and back work, i am loving the way my upper back and shoulders look now!! and it was just the exercises that i didn't KNOW to do for what areas. and how to do them. so i think if you do follow something that was laid out for you, you will hopefully see the results you want. and yeah we can ALWAYS be better right? that is what i am learning for sure. when i hit my 'ideal weight' it was not just about that...i had to realize that i could always improve whatever i was doing.

marcy, i know the brownies were good but they had to go!! we have 2 little ones left and they are just sitting there, i feel kind of over it!
cdt, yay for egg whites. i did 3 egg whites and a 1/2 muffin today too. egg whites for me are just SO awesome bang for the buck wise because they are 20 cals each and 5-6g protein. you seriously cannot beat that, they are basically pure protein.
kimi, i like this light butter i get from TJ's...it's better tasting than smart balance or margarine and it's still real butter. but i don't use it for cooking as it's got too much moisture in it and splatters.
cj...i kind of agree re feeling sore but i like to feel something. to me if you don't feel anything then yeah, you are probably not working hard enough. like after i see my trainer, my abs are always sore! and today my hip flexors are too since we did a lot of pilates. so do you feel anything at all? because i think you can wake your muscles up but not kill them...however i don't think that you are setting yourself up to be bulky just by wanting to work harder. don't know about your trainer. can you test out some other people? i tried 2-3 people before settling on the 2 that i use most regularly. they are great in diff ways.

thanks for the well wishes everyone. these colds that are going around take a while to knock out of your system. this one i have is odd because literally i'll feel fine and raring to go for like an hour then FLAG and drop and want to sleep for 2 hours. then 30 min later, fine again, raring to go. so at least i don't feel crappy all day which would be sucky. i have a busy week too as i am traveling next week for work so i want to stay on top of things, but also allow myself to get better! i slept great last nite, could have gone to bed an hour earlier but we wanted to play scrabble so that was more important hehee.

last nite went to my trainer even though i was dragging and we did a new conditioning routine for 30 minutes and then we did pilates on the reformers for 30 minutes. they are opening a new 'membership' club for the gym where you pay $85 and you get to use the entire facility (it's tiny), the reformers (once trained and tested) and unlimited classes, body fat test once a month and training once a month. i already do training separately but this membership sets me up with classes (i pay $10 a class now and go 8 times a week so this basically pays for itself right off the bat), and also when i am closer to 'graduation' on the training, they will test me out and then that means i can do my routines by myself at their facility with no trainer. i am still maybe another few months from that, but good to know it's there AND i want to learn more about the reformers so i can do pilates on my own too. my other gym doesn't have reformers so that's part of why i want this membership. so i'm jazzed, new stuff to learn!

the conditioning we did last nite was great and man it kicked my butt!!! we did some ball and core work and then pushups on a bosu/stabilization ball in a 3 time circuit with NO rest in between. it was brutal but it was good. had rest of the YUMMY lasagna for dinner and olive bread. lunch yesterday was this indian place that we found near work, i got a dosa which is this big crepe thing with potatoes and meat and onions inside, i really just ate the inside and it was SO spicy, man i drank like 3 glasses of water. and had a small piece of mango cake. a balance bar and 2 clementines for snack later. so overall eating was fine, as long as i didn't down 6 brownies it was good.

supposed to work out tonite at the gym downstairs with friends, which i DO want to do but depends on how i feel. i think i might just do the ellip for like 20 min on a slow level and that's all she wrote. i have to get better.

anyhow, gotta run, early meeting in the office today...hope everyone is having a peachy keen day and DON'T GET SICK!!!! if you are sick, get better. myself included! OH and golden, awesome on 100 cal thin mints...i am SO excited. those are my FAVE GS cookie but i try not to buy them now because i can literally eat a whole box in 2 sittings. love those things!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the encouragement Mara! I will stick with the weights this time, as I know that in order to improve, just cardio will no longer cut it. Also it is hard when going it alone, to try to sort out a regime from all the different exercises available that would be best, so this plan seems to be ideal for both of us and fairly foolproof. My ideal shape would be quite lean and toned, so we will see what happens!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
morning wwt! hope everyone is doing well and that all the sickies continue on the road to recovery. my eating has been mostly good for the past few days, and i have kept active - horseback riding on saturday, elliptical on sunday, and zumba yesterday. i am going to take today off exercise as my toe is bothering me a bit and i want to let it rest. today i''ve got a pumpkin muffin for breakfast, tj''s black bean enchiladas and an apple for lunch, and hot cocoa for an afternoon snack. i''m supposed to go to an art gallery cocktail party tonight, so i will have to broker some sort of deal with myself so that i don''t eat too many appetizers while i''m there.

oh, and i wanted to share 2 of my favorite foods lately. i''ve been loving spaghetti squash - so few calories for a huge bowlful and a good substitute for pasta under some sauce. and for a sweet treat, i''ve been mixing up hot cocoa - about 1 tsp cocoa, 1 tsp sugar, and 3/4 cup hot skim milk. the perfect, filling snack or dessert for the cold weather we''ve been having.

jas, a big CONGRATS to you!

tdiddy, i have traveled extensively abroad, and while i agree with being careful about what you eat (avoiding unpeeled raw veggies and fruit, drinking bottled water, making sure things are freshly cooked and hot, etc), i think that one of the greatest things about international travel is the opportunity to try local cuisine (i''m a foodie!). i have yet to get seriously ill, and i can''t imagine eating only protein bars. *shrug* i haven''t made it to india yet, but i''d like to go there someday.

golden, i rarely use butter, but when i do, i use the real stuff. same calories as margarine, but tastes better and no trans fat.

unrelated to the wwt, i am super excited cause we just booked a trip to costa rica...can''t wait!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, great job on the 65 mins on the elliptical!

Jas, sounds like you are such a healthy preggo! Hope school is over soon soon soon!!! The twinkies made me lol, hehee

Kimi, yay for your workout! My uncle was happy to see my sister and I which made me glad we went, thanks! Wow, how exciting to be done w/school before you know it! You will do great; some class out there will be extremely lucky to get you!

Rod, glad you enjoyed your sushi! You rock for all you workouts mister!

Marcy, glad you liked that my warrior likes pie. hehee Great job on all the walks; enjoy your day off. Days off are important.

Lorelei, you and hubby will do great. I am trying to get my hubby to workout more too! Have you heard of Hancock's half hour? My hubby and his mom use to love listening to that (British comedy) from years ago; I was curious if you heard of it ???? Fuji's are sweet a little more like red apples; I do not like green apples.

CrownJewel, yay for a great workout w/the trainer!!!

CDT, yay for your workout!

Mara, glad you slept well and hope you feel better! Yay for the workout! Oh, I am glad Portia is doing better.
12.gif

Shortblonde, hope you feel better. I love spaghetti squash too, it does taste like spaghetti; it is amazing!!!

Tdiddy, you trip sounds wonderful. I wrote you a note awhile back ago about my friends who went to see the Taj Mahal and it was closed on the day they went so make sure it is open. I felt bad for them that they were out there and it was closed. What a fun trip! Can't wait to see your pics!

Yesterday my uncle was so happy to see my sis, cute nephew and me; I am glad it was a good visit and he was excited to have homecooked meals. I lost 1 lb this week and forgot to report I lost 1 lb last week too so that is 2, yay!!!

Tonight is muscle hour and I will do the treadmill before class too. Have a great day all
35.gif
Everyone sounds like they are doing great w/the workouts!!! Kudos everyone
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i tried to google the girl scout thin mint 100 cal thing and only found information that GS is doing 100 cal cinnaspins...not the other ones??

http://fitsugar.com/930056

WAH if that''s the case. i might have to forgo this year again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...yes Skip, I have heard of Hancock''s Half Hour!
3.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
I just checked the girl scouts website, I just heard a little blurb on the radio so I just assumed, since the thin mint is so popular, they would make that. I only see the cookie you are talking about as well. I do see a lemon chalet cream cookie that looks devine.

Mara- have you ever put the thin mints in the freezer, they are so good

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 1:00:24 PM
Author: Lorelei
Hehehe...yes Skip, I have heard of Hancock's Half Hour!
3.gif
Really; LOL. Hubby loves it! I should listen to it sometime. hehee

Mara, I am with you and don't buy GS cookies since I eat them!
Sometimes I just make a donation to the GS instead and save my behind from getting bigger.
2.gif
lol.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Diagnosis in . . . strep throat (not A or B, doctor mentioned C in office so I''m assuming that must be it).

So this is why I am not getting better! I am relieved at least.

But I am bummed because when I thought it was a cold I kept hoping to wake up and feel better the next day.

So now I am giving myself official permission not to work out. Because I have clearly been to sick to work out, but I''ve been feeling terrible about it. Now I know I''m not just being a wimp.

Hey, at least I want to work out, right? My coworkers keep saying they really should and mean to and all that, but just don''t have the time or motivation. I WANT to work out, I WANT to go jogging, I just can''t.

I''m so glad this will be a three day weekend so I can rest.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon All!

Phoenix, rest, rest and more rest is on order for you!

Skippy, I bet your uncle was thrilled to see you! Remember my friend that had a son who needed heart surgery? I was totally off in thinking the surgery was done (found out when I visited her a few months ago). His surgery took place this morning and went very well. Just thought you''d like to know. He''s in ICU right now, but doing great.

Mara, thanks for the butter tip. I love butter, but I rarely eat it. I''ll have to look for that next time I go to TJs.

Today was CRAZY at work, the kids were all off. I came home exhausted but still completed a long workout (I think I did more than an hour of cardio) and did 20 push ups, John made me swear I wouldn''t do 50 again! I feel great. I need to jump in the shower.

We''re having steak for dinner; I''ve been feeling a bit shakey and I think my anemia is acting up so I need to get some iron in my body. I think we''ll have some salad too.

Attached is the before picture you asked to see, Marcy. I''ll post the after one in the next thread. I don''t know how to do side-by-side.

KHBfore.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
After (but I have much shorter red hair now)

KHAffter.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi - I CANNOT believe that first picture was of you too, especially now that I've met you!!! What an inspiration... makes me hang my head in shame over that burger and fries I had for lunch...

Hello all! Today was not nearly as crazy as yesterday (thank god--I can't take EVERY day being like that or my head will just explode at some point!). I had to bolt off and do one thing really early though so I only had a banana and a fiber one bar before lunch and I was just starved when I got to the restaurant. I really like one of the salads they have there but I'm sure by the time you get done with all the "bad stuff" that's in there, plus the dressing, I really am convinced it's no better for me than a burger... but OK, maybe the fries were a bit much, LOL. And with the HH gone I really haven't been eating much aside from LCs and Fiber One bars so I figured I was entitled to a real meal. I am holding steady at my lowest weight since the beginning of the year, so I'm happy about that though.

Now about those damn Girl Scout cookies; it's all well and good that they're selling 100 cal packs but the problem is TWO 100 cals packs = 200 cals... THREE 100 cal packs = 300 cals... and so on! So, unless someone is going to deliver only ONE 100 cal pack of thin mints to my door every day this ain't gonna do me much good!!

No workout today but barring something unexpected I should be able to get one in tomorrow afternoon.

Stephi, sorry if I missed this by being only "drive by" lately, but what was the upshot with your knee? Did the MRI tell what was going on? And are you doing better now?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just had to pop in to say wow kimi...what a testiment to healty eating and excerise you are!!!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
a quick drive by to note that:

a) i was a good girl at the cocktail party and only had 2 shrimp, 2 small smoked salmon toasts, and half a glass of wine. oh, and one bite of brownie. very good self control considering the mountains of yummy food being passed around.

b) i made the cover recipe from january''s cooking light for dinner, golden winter soup, and it got two thumbs up from all. i substituted an extra cup of broth in place of the half-and-half and it was plenty creamy even without it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........What an utterly, totally, unabashedly, messed up, frustrating day. Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I didn't leave the office till nearly 7 PM and still I have work to do. Charlie stayed late as well and he decided he was not heading to the gym at 7PM, so I agree to finally shut down and just go to our favorite little diner for dinner. We had a nice dinner, but I really felt guilty about missing my workout. Even if tomorrow is another long day, I'll make it to the gym no matter what..........Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Lorelei, I think you'll really benefit from the muscle work and I'm betting like Mara said, you won't bulk up. But, I'm betting you'll just love how much more toned your body will become!! And Fuji apples are an apple variety. They're not the prettiest apples, but they are so crisp and sweet. I've got to believe you've got stores on your side of the pond that sells Fuji's! Anyway, looking forward to hearing how your weight training goes!!

You go DeeJay! 65 minutes on the elliptical is great!

Sorry your feet hurt Marcy. Are you sure you're wearing the right size shoes? I think I remember you mentioning new athletic shoes and how your feet hurt after walking a while. I really recommend going to a real fitness (running/walking) specialty store (not Sports Authority) and have them really measure your feet and they'll determine if you pronate or supinate, which would lead to the perfect shoes for your feet.

Golden, waiting a couple days to weigh yourself is good, but once a week is even better. I know it's hard to do, but it really will give you the best readout of how your weight is moving. And on your question, I use a heart healthy spread for toast, etc., but if a recipe calls for butter, I only use butter, NEVER MARGARINE. Margarine is artery clogging goo and doesn't even taste as good as butter either. PS: Love Girl Scout cookies, but don't buy them. I can't eat just a couple, so it's not worth the temptation for me.

Kimberly: THE TRANSFORMATION IS SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be SO PROUD of yourself!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
BTW, showed Charlie your Before pic and After pic and he said if he knew you in the before time and you passed him on the street, he would never recognize you. You do look fabulous for sure!!!

CJ, I don't agree with your trainer at all. As I've mentioned I have a very hard trainer and he always says that we should feel it after we've worked out with him and if we don't, he feels he didn't work us hard enough. Fortunately, we definitely feel it.

cdt, sounds like a great workout and I hope the extra protein helped you feel full longer.

SB, YAY for booking the trip to Costa Rica!! Sounds like you've been good and active too! Wish I liked spaghetti squash, but it's never been my favorite, though I do like squash.

Skippy---WOO HOO for 2 lbs lost and I hope muscle hour was fun tonight!! It's great your uncle your visit and thoughful home cooked meals!!

Phoenix so sorry you've got strep. Hopefully, they've given you a good antibiotic and you'll soon be over this. Feel better!

Off to do more work, then to bed. Rod will make it to the gym tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Sleep well everyone........

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DeeJay and mrssalvo, for such kind compliments. My body is quite different now than it was 6 years ago. It feels great to be so healthy.

DeeJay, you're no schlep, you have such a cute physique and I bet I would totally out-eat you if we were each given a plate of french fries.

J suprised me, we're going to Phoenix for the long weekend (MLK day means schools are closed). It should be lots of fun. Oh, and not so great eating. But it's only for a few days.

I'm working in a kindergarten class tomorrow; they're a tough crowd! I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Have a good night all.

ETA: Rod and Skippy you're too kind. Thanks for the nice words. I don't recognize myself sometimes!

Skip, thanks for keeping the baby in your prayers. He can use them. Such a tough little one. And so sweet. She emailed pictures last night and when I opened them I thought: I wonder if she's taken these in case this is their last night holding him. I'm so glad that is not the case.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I am sorry you had this kind of day -->
gaah.gif
So
console2.gif
here is a big ole hug and hoping you have a better day tomorrow. Sorry you didn't get a workout in; glad the diner was good! Thanks for the kudos, friend!

Kimi, you look fab! I wish I looked tiny like you!!! Kimi, I have thought of your friends baby; I will be sending strong prayer for him that he continues to do well. What a brave little guy; thanks for sharing dearest friend!! Next time hop on over from PHX to ABQ, I would LOVE to meet you!!!

DeeJay, you are so sweet; well I have a little tissue softening so I need to strengthen the muscles around my knees through pt and take glacosamine (sp?) daily. Hope your day is less stressful tomorrow!

PHXG, strep is horrible; I never had it but I heard your throat really hurts. So sorry and hope you feel better; get lots of sleep and water.

Shortblonde, yay for doing well at the party!!!

Hey Mrs. S!!! Love the new Zoe avatar!

I had a great muscle hour workout but it is soooo cold again here (low 40's and it suppose to get colder tomorrow).

For years my hubby has said how he wants to go to this car show in Paris because his grandfather's race car is in the show. Well this is a big birthday year so we are going to Paris next month and I reminded hubby tonight to buy tickets for the car show. Well he checks and the car show ends a couple of days before we even arrive (the dates changed)!!! So I called up my "special elite club" I belong to, to change flights to get there a few days earlier and book a few extra hotel days. I am told how special this status is, well I called and had the worst customer service!!! They quoted me an insane price to change the trip, hung up and called the non special club and booked the trip for extra days (cheaper) and saved the day and had much better customer service! hehee
9.gif
Sorry for the vent but that was my evening after the gym.

Now I am ready for Law and Order and some relaxation on the couch. hehee Sweet dreams all!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Well my walk this evening was once again around Lowes. DH decided he might as well paint the bathroom while he’s working on it. I am excited because it’s going to end up being sky blue and light yellow in there – 2 colors I love together. I stopped by the mall and picked up my anniversary band; it fits me much better and fits better with my wrings.
Lorelei, your new workout program sounds terrific. My husband was the one who wanted to get our TM back in action but he hasn’t used it yet. I just bought some Fuji apples this weekend and I love them.
Golden, take it easy until you feel better. I prefer butter, I like the taste and can spread it thin enough not to add a lot of calories.
Kimi, thanks for posting your pictures. I would love to see everyone’s before and after photos - I guess just to put faces with names more than anything. As much as you are around kids you probably need a big supply of airborne. I hope you don’t get sick. I am glad your friend’s son came through surgery great. As for your pictures – WOW - I would never know you are the same person. Congratulations for the incredible transformation. You look amazing and should be so proud of yourself.
36.gif

CJ, I am glad you had a wonderful workout with your trainer.
CD, yeah for a great workout. I hope your breakfast kept your full this morning. I tried an egg, cheese and toast sandwich for breakfast one day and it didn’t stick with me as long as cereal.
Mara, I just threw away the last few pieces of PB fudge we had left from Christmas. We had our fill and that was enough. I even threw out some slow churned last night. I did not like the cookie dough – I guess because I am used to B&J’s and it wasn’t quite the same. The new gym membership club sounds like a great deal for you.
Shortblonde, I hope your toe feels better. Your cocoa sounds great. Your trip sounds even better. Woo hoo warm weather!
Skippy, congratulations for loosing 2 pounds. I am glad you, your sister and nephew had a nice time with your uncle. Good idea to pass on buying GS cookies. I love the thin mints and the shortbread cookies both of which I can chow down ½ a box in no time.
PhoenixGirl, I’m sorry to hear your have strep. Rest up and get better soon.
DeeJay, I am glad your day wasn’t as crazy as yesterday. Woo hoo for holding at your lowest weight.
Hi MrsSalvo. I hope you are doing great.
Rod, sorry your day was so frustrating and you missed going to the gym. You dinner sounds nice though. The shoes I have been wearing on the TM were fit in an athletic store and the store owner takes time with me to make sure they fit me right and work for my feet. They are motion control running shoes and I can walk in them for a long time without any issues. I do have problems with my feet (much less now than before) but I am feeling much better today, thanks.
Take care and sweet dreams.
35.gif

Marcy

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
golden: you had me all excited about those thin mints!!! figures it''s too good to be true
2.gif
turkey hill makes this skinny minty ice cream that is light (130 cals or so) and has ground up grasshopper (same as thin mint) cookies in it. this stuff is TDF and the next best thing to girl scout cookies i have ever had.

kimberly: holy crap! what a transformation....you look fantastic!

skippy: thanks for the reminder about the Taj and holidays....that''s a good point to verify.

rod: sorry about your day. work sounds really hectic for you these days. hopefully you''ll be on the flip side of that soon.

today was an off day on my schedule for the marathon. i had hoped to do a little cross training, but got a call at noon that my dad was rushed to the hospital with a heart problem. long story short, he has to have surgery tomorrow to fix his "electrical system" so to speak. he should be ok long term, but for now things are a little stressful as his vitals won''t stabilize no matter what they do. fortunately he is healthy and walks everyday, which the doc said is why he never had any major symptoms and they were able to catch it without complications. just further testament to being healthy and working out....positive reinforcement of the WWT!

have a great Wednesday
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diddy, my thoughts and prayers go out for you and your Dad, please keep us posted. I have a relative who had the same thing and they are doing fine.

Kimmy, the transformation is incredible, you look so gorgeous!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hey SB
35.gif

Rod, I am looking forward to our new workout and hope I won''t bulk up, but I need to be brave and try something new. I will be commited for 3 months on this new routine.

Hey Marcy, Skip, PG, I hope you feel better!

Hey Miss D and Golden!

Good to see you here MrsSalvo!

Well tonight is the night. Hubby is so cute, he is really enthusiastic about this new workout! He is basically in charge and will help me get used to the weights. So the new routine will be as follows.

Monday - weights
Tuesday - cardio session
Wednesday - weights
Thursday - rest
Friday - weights
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

All of the weight sessions finish with 20 mins of cardio also.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

First, tdiddy, my thoughts are with you and your family. How scary!

Lorelei, your new routine looks fantastic! Can I come join you?

Thanks Lorelei, Marcy and tdiddy for the compliments. You're all so sweet.

So I weighed myself this morning and I've gained another pound. I'm at 129.4 This is so bizarre. I'm started to track calories again today and I'll see if that helps me pinpoint why I'm gaining weight when I haven't changed anything. My clothes all fit the same and I don't feel heavier, but I am and I'm hovering too close to 130 to be comfortable. The only thing I can think of is my workouts tapered off during the holiday due to being sick and busy so my body is reacting to starting up again full force these last few weeks. I've also been eating more carbs and dairy than usual lately. Hmmm, I'll just have to play around and figure it out. If anyone has any idea/suggestions please share.

I'm not so sore this moring from pushups, that's a good thing as I my body hurt like it was bruised last weekend. I just feel like I worked out, not like I got hit by a car.

Have a great day, all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results