shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th Jan till 20th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope everyone has a great day.
Tdiddy, I am very sorry to hear about your dad’s heart problems. My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope his surgery goes well.
Lorelei, have fun starting your new routine today. I am feeling great today, thanks.
Kimi, I am glad to hear you aren’t so sore today. I am sure your weight is nothing more than usual fluctuations.
Laters!
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am glad you are feeling great, not long now until Hubby gets home and the new routine starts! We have 2 cold hard boiled eggs each waiting for our pre workout snack....
face21.gif

Course you can come and join us Kimmy, I will pop another couple of eggs onto boil for you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the hello's skippy, lorelei and marcy. I read here all the time, just don't post b/c other than walking and an occasional elliptical run, I don't have much to report. plus with all of you all losing weight and me just getting bigger and bigger (all for a good cause
9.gif
) I get ansty for wanting to be back to normal instead of embracing my pregnancy like i should
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!

pg sorry to hear you have strep...that is totally going around and i''m hoping that is not what i have and that what i have won''t morph into that. these colds going around seem so hard to kick, people are saying they take weeks. one hour i feel good and the next i just want to sleep. so random. hope you got some meds to feel better.

rod sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time at work, definitely not fun.
kimi, your before and after are awesome...but you already knew that! big kudos woman. as for that pesky extra lb or two, i wouldn''t worry too much. maybe just step up your workouts a bit and keep eating the same. or add more muscle resistance body work like jumping jacks, pushups, squats, where you use your body as the weight...that def will help up the metabolism burn if cardio isn''t cutting it anymore (eventually cardio stopped working for me which is why i started doing the trainer stuff)
tdiddy i want to try to find that turkey mint ice cream! for girl scout thin mint lovers, luna bar makes a peppermint chocolate one which is actually a lot like a girl scout thin mint but with more nutritional value! also the brand Oh Yeah makes protein wafers that are really good and supposedly their chocolate mint is a lot like the girl scout cookies too. i ordered some but they haven''t arrived yet. sorry to hear about your dad!!

so last nite i went to the gym and just did 30 min on the elliptical at intervals. then jumping jacks and 2 arm weight exercises in a mini circuit...wanted to keep the workout light. burned about 300 cals. lunch was a chicken kebab with hummus and salad from this local yummy falafel takeout place. snacks were clementines and a few raspberry chew candies that a vendor sent over. dinner was a really yummy sashimi grade TJ''s ahi tuna (with a black pepper, ginger, soy glaz i put on and then seared) with some of the TJ''s chicken dumpling potsticker things that DJ intro''d me to. then i had a natural tart yogurt with blueberries, kiwi, strawberries...yummy! i love that just as much as you do rod!

tonite we are going to this new restaurant for a yelp event which is exciting...lots of tapas style apps and drinkies. should be fun. and i''m going to try to get to bed before 11pm...argh! i need to kick this cold. no workout today, day off! have a great day all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif
gang! Lots going on here!

I watched half of "The Good German" on DVD to a mild workout--high paced low tension bike. My legs are sore from my "river-walk"/pool sessions , but should be better by tomorrow when I go back. I''m lovin that workout!

Has turned rather cold here, I''m thinkin'' snow. boohoo...

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2008 11:41:51 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

35.gif

I watched half of ''The Good German'' on DVD to a mild workout--high paced low tension bike. My legs are sore from my ''river-walk''/pool sessions , but should be better by tomorrow when I go back. I''m lovin that workout!

cheers--Sharon
My weather is back to being pants again, I would welcome some pretty snow!!

golden

Shiny_Rock
good afternoon!

Is margarine really that bad for you? When I compare "I can''t believe it''s not butter" to the whipped butter I usually use, there isn''t a big difference. One of my favorite meals is pasta with butter and grated cheese----are you laughing? And I prefer it with "i cant believe its not butter" over butter, but if it is really that bad for me, I will stick to the butter. I really woudn''t be having more then a tablespoon of either.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! not too much to report today. thanks for the well wishes about my toe. it is still feeling a little sore today so i am going to just bike lightly at home tonight - i want to be in tip top shape for dance class tomorrow! i had plain oatmeal with cinnamon for breakfast, and a tj's cheese tamale and some sliced pineapple and oranges for lunch, plus a clif bar as an afternoon snack. dinner tonight will be leftover golden butternut soup and i'm making grilled cheese on WW bread to go alongside. i need to get in some more protein today (that's not cheese!) so i will probably also have some fage. something else as well since i'm a little light on calories with just that.

golden, if the margarine has partially hydrogenated oils in it, then yes, it is worse for you than real butter. trans fat is worse than saturated fat (though neither one is great and both should be mostly avoided in favor of unsaturated fat like that found in olive oil, nuts, and fish).

hi lorelei. how is jasmine doing?

kimberly, i agree with those who said they wouldn't recognize you now if they knew you before!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I''m still debating whether or not I''m going to work out today. It would be either 5 or 6 days in a row and I think my body might need a break.

Marcy, I would agree with you about fluctuation except that my weight is steadily rising and when it did fluctuate it was between 125-127. The only time it went higher was after a longer trip and it took no more than a week to bounce back.

Mara, thanks for the suggestions. I know I need to do more weight training, but until I can rationalize the added expense of a gym membership I need to figure out how to make it happen at home. Our bodies are all so different, yours responded so quickly to needing something different while mine hung in there with cardio being enough for a while. My body doesn''t respond to exercise like it does food which leads me to believe that the additional carbs are a key thing to this whole weight gain and I need to cut back.

So back to calorie counting...it looks like I''ll come in around 1500 for the day. It''s a bit lower than usual but I''m going to cut back for a while to see if I can fix the weight gain, and then I''ll go back to normal. Plus we''re going away for the weekend which means 3 days of not good eating. We do plan on hiking one day and the hotel has a gym, which I will be using.

I''m making chiles rellenos gratin from a CL recipe for dinner. We''ve had it a few times and it''s very good.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So I decided working out was a good idea. I didn't sleep very well last night and it perked me up; I actually feel like making dinner now.

ETA: Thanks for the invite, Lorelei! I'd love to have eggs with you and your hubby.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2008 6:38:51 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I''m making chiles rellenos gratin from a CL recipe for dinner. We''ve had it a few times and it''s very good.
HI:

Have you posted this recipe before K? I LOVE CR!

cheers--Sharon

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

The last week has been a bit of a blur...I was unexpectedly laid off from my job on Thursday, which was a bit of a shock. It's actually proving to be a very good thing, however. I'm moving out of Los Angeles and Kris and I are going to start job hunting up in the Pacific Northwest, which is where we really want to be. Plus, I was under so much stress at my old job that I was actually dealing with numbness in my hand due to a pinched nerve caused by all the tension I was holding in my shoulders--I'm happy to be out of there.

Also, I ended up being able to go to New York for a big conference with Kris for the last 5 days, which I wasn't going to be able to do otherwise. The trip was great--losing my job means that I was able to come on as the director of business development for the start up company that Kris co-founded on top of his full time job (the CEO has been needling him to get me to join the team for a while now). While it is all working on Spec for now, we generated a lot of interest at the conference, which is awesome. Maybe we'll both be able to make that our full time job. We also did a TON of walking around the city, although we ate a lot of good food, too...

Anyhow, I'm in the midst of unpacking (and packing for the move) so I'm going to cut this short. I hope everyone is having a great week!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 7:56:03 PM

Date: 1/16/2008 6:38:51 PM
Author: KimberlyH
HI:

Have you posted this recipe before K? I LOVE CR!

cheers--Sharon
I''m not sure if I have or not. Here''s a link. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=491424

It''s not a traditional recipe, but it''s very good. DH just walked into the kitchen and said "that smells delicious!"

LP, sounds like losing your job is actually a good thing, but disconcerting nevertheless. I hope the start up works out well. My husband runs his own business (this year marks his 10 year anniversary, it''s a one-man sorta operation), and while challenging he also finds it very rewarding.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am popping in real quick to say I will be praying for your dad and I am thinking of you Tdiddy.

Lady,
sorry about he job; glad you are positive and I am like you that things work out for a reason and glad you get to go to NY. I hope you find a new job soon.

Have a great evening all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all! Today I did something I've never done before (except for being on an airplane)... I *turned*my*phone* off. Yes, for two entire hours. I needed a nap so badly I was like a zombie so I climbed into bed with the monsters and took one. Of course I had to dig out the owner's manual to figure out HOW to turn it off, but now I know! It's funny, I even sleep with the thing beside my bed. The other night a agent called me at 12:48 am with questions on one of my new listings. Of course I answered, and we had a nice long chat. She was impressed... my husband (who was trying to *sleep*) was not, LOL. I'm so bad that when I get up to pee at 2:00 every morning (just like clockwork!) I check my e-mail on my blackberry. I have to do in the bathroom now because when the screen lights up the HH rolls over in bed and glares at me until I'm done, ha ha.

Anyway, after my nap I went to the gym and did 65 mins on the treadmill. Strangley enough I had no shin splints whatsoever (that's never happened before) but I must has been babying one part of my foot that was a little sore from the high heeled boots I wore today and now I have a blister on the ball of my foot from walking funny. Damn! I just hope I can walk OK tomorrow because I have an inspection at a three-flat that will require me to be up and about.

Oh, and this morning I did a showing in three four-story houses. 27 flights of stairs... get there first and go through all the houses and turn the lights on... go through with the cleint... go back through at the end and turn everything off... And they were 16 stair flights because the ceilings are so high. My knees were killing me! That's why I decided to do the treadmill instead fo the elliptical today.

The Demon and his brother Oscar Trouble are giving me some serious signals that it's time to go for a W-A-L-K so I better sign off now!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had written my daily confessional and then went to look up Margarine vs Butter through Google for Golden and lost my entire post. AAAGGGHHHHHH. Golden, please google Margarine and you''ll find plenty of articles on why saturated fats are REALLY bad for you.

So, this is going to be really really short as I have to get some rest. And I think I had included everyone in my response.

Anyway, long day, but NOT a bad one. Great workout at the gym, but a long one. Some wonderful homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner and Charlie stopped and got us natural tart frozen yogurt with fresh berries for an added treat. Yes Mara, I do love my frozen yogurt healthy treat!!

Again, sorry for shortness of this, but I don''t have the time or energy to start my post all over again.

Night night everyone.........

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!

so my cold suddenly took a turn for the very worse this afternoon to my disappointment. it was very sudden but i was really tired, so i decided to come home. by the time i got home i had chills so i knew that things were not good. i''m so bummed because we had this yelp elite event tonite we had rsvp''d for WEEKS ago and they only allowed 200 people into this hot new restaurant to test the food out...so obviously we couldn''t go. WAH! so i''ve been laying around on the couch. my fever is 99.2 which isn''t TOO bad. i am really just hoping it''s not this thing going around where people are down for the count with a fever and flu for like THREE DAYS. because i don''t have that time...i leave for a 4 day trip in minnesota on monday and i need to be 100%. UGH!

greg went to longs to get me a thermometer and he brought back oreo cookies for me. and not just like a 5 pack but the whole bag!! omg. i haven''t had an oreo in i think over a year. i''m afraid to even open the bag because i can easily eat like a whole row of them in 5 minutes!! total weakness of mine hehe.

kimmy...you know you don''t even need to go to the gym or spend money to find out how to do muscle resistance training. a lot of what my trainer shows me i can do at home once i know how to do it. and internet videos are actually quite handy, have you ever tried to look at them? i was showing my friend some of the stuff my trainer showed me the other day...it''s a circuit we can do at home with the big ball. basically pushups on an unstable surface (try a pillow or something, the idea is to stabilize your core when you do it), then those pass overs with the ball from hands to feet (keeping back to ground), then thigh squeezes with the ball, holding for 4 and releasing just briefly to do it again. then bridges, where you put your feet on the ball and hands on ground on either side of your butt and lift your butt straight up in plank position and hold for 4, drop down slowly then redo. and lastly, prayer ball which is kind of hard to explain but you kneel in front of the ball, put your hands and elbows up on them like you are praying and then stabilize your core and roll the ball out from your body, keeping back straight no arch and back again. it''s kind of hard but it really works your core. i did 3 circuits of that and about 15 each exercise and man it burned! but in a good way. so i don''t know if that helped but you can also watch videos online (i think self.com has some) to find exercises like this. sorry for the rambling but hope it helps.

anyhow, time for me to recline on the couch again...send me some get well fairy dust for my trip because it will be really miserable to be sick in 2 degree weather AND have to work on strategy for my program...that''s draining enough when i am 100% well! ugh. nite all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day. I walked on the TM again tonight, I walked about ¾ mile and burned 130 calories. Yippee.
Lorelei, I will be anxious to hear how your workout goes tonight. Funny you mentioned hard boiled eggs, my boss was eating one at work today and I thought it looked good. I might have to make some this weekend.
MrsSalvo, I am glad to hear you are doing well. I am sure you are anxious for the baby to arrive.
Mara, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I hope you get better and I am sending get well fairy dust your way.
Sharon, I hope your legs aren’t so sore tomorrow. We got the cold here today but no snow. Stay warm.
Lorelei, sorry to hear your weather is pants; it seems like ours has been that way for 2 months now. Our high today was about 10 but with wind chill is felt like it was in the minus 20’s. At least the Sun was out.
Golden, I had a friend in college who ate buttered noodles all the time. I’ve never tried them. They say that butter is better for you though.
Shortblonde, I am glad you are resting your toe today; I hope it is okay for your class tomorrow.
Kimi, good luck with the calorie counting. Your weekend trip sounds great – a hike and a gym will certainly help counter some fine dining treats.
Ladypirate, it sounds like loosing your job is opening up some great opportunities for you. Good luck with the new company.
Hi Skippy.
DeeJay, good for you turning off your phone and taking a nap. My husband gets phone calls and emails all day and night. It doesn’t bother me for long because I get up and move to the other bedroom if it keeps ringing. The only time he doesn’t get phone calls is when we are in the mountains with our telescopes; there is no reception up there. Walking up and down all those stairs sounds like a real pain in the knees; aak!
Rod, sorry you lost your long post. I am glad your day wasn’t too bad.
I''ll check in tomorrow. Laters.
35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe SB, Miss Jasmine has been a bit mareish and challenging my authority recently, so I have been using some Natural Horsemanship techniques which seem to have put her back into her place! She has been a beggar, bucking and being a PITA to lead amongst other things, but I think things are settling down a bit now she realizes I make the decisions! Oh give me a gelding anyday, they are so much easier it seems to me!! I think this is a natural progression that she has been challenging me to make sure I am fit to lead her, little ( big) wotsit she is! She is a Thoroughbred so being a bit of a nutter comes naturally with her it seems!

How is your mannie? I hope he is doing ok, I would love a pic of him sometime if you could manage it please!

Ok for Marcy and all, the workout went really well last night, Hubby was very helpful and supportive! I started yelling on the military press to push the darn bar up, it was hilarious! Now I see why some weightlifters make a noise! But I don't feel too bad this morning! The whole routine took us about an hour and a half, so we should get faster once we know what we are doing more, but I enjoyed it and I think we will stick at it, well I am committed for 3 months now.

Kimmy and Marcy, the hard boileds went down well.
16.gif

Mara I hope you feel better!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, don''t apologize for rambling, I appreciate all of the tips. I''m trying to visualize a pass over. For whatever reason I have a mental block against doing anything but cardio at home. I need to get past it. I''m going to try the things you''ve suggested starting next week when we get back. Thank you so much for taking the time to type that all out. I hope you feel better soon!

Lorelei, glad the eggs were good. Even better that you enjoyed the workout!

Marcy, you are quickly becoming a cardio superstar! Keep up the great work.

Rod, sorry you lost your post.

So I crawled into bed at 7 last night I was so tired. We''ve got high winds blowing and my head is stuffed already, so it feels like it''s going to explode. I was awake until 9 watching tv but I was just wiped.

I''m working today, will probably workout again this afternoon. It feels so good to only have 1 task to complete each day (work vs. school and work). I have so much more free time. I still don''t have my student teaching date so no clue when I''ll begin my seminars (there are two I that coincide with student teaching). I have a feeling it will be an intense 12 weeks. But I''m so looking forward to it.

Have a great day all.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone! Don''t have much to report. I did make it to the gym monday and tuesday this week though. And I''m planning on going today after work. I''ve been SUPER tired since yesterday, so I hope I''m not getting sick! I know it''s going around.

I''ve been doing the egg whites the past few days and I think they are helping w/ hunger. Or at least for an extra hour. I haven''t been getting hungry until 11:30, instead of 10:30. So that''s good!

Hope you feel better Mara!

Enjoy your day everyone
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday all!

The blister on the bottom of my foot is just a killer! I finally took a safety pin and popped it, and I put one of those blister pads on it, but it''s really far up on the ball of my foot, like almost where my toes start. Yowch! No heels for Dee Jay for a while! Hopefully I''ll manage to hobble up and down the stiars at the property inspection today...

I''m thrilled to report that I''m down 6.5 lbs from the beginning of the year (but I''m still 13 lbs UP from my low last summer
6.gif
). I''m trying to keep it in perspective though and think about the fact that I did it last year so I can certainly do it again this year, and hopefully there won''t be any surgeries or other events that detail me this time.

Tomorrow night we''re going out for one of our "secret dining" means though, and it''s Chinese food, so I''m prepared for some water retention weight over the weekend.
39.gif

Marcy, I think I''ll suggest to the HH that he move into the other bedroom if he''s disturbed by my phone/e-mailing in the middle of the night. (Can I come live with you after he divorces me?!
3.gif
)

Gotta hop; client pick-up in 45 minutes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, how is your knee?? I am so sorry about the blister, owie.
32.gif
Hope it gets better soon!

Mara, oh no, hope you feel better soon! How sweet of Greg; you deserve some oreo's w/milk every once in awhile
18.gif

Kimi, I use a ball, dynaband, free weights and get a great workout at home, but I do understand going to the gym and not having at home distractions (phone ringing, hubby asking questions, etc). How is the baby doing after surgery?

Tdiddy, I am thinking you and your dad today and sending my prayers.

Rod, darn, I am sorry you lost your post! You always always write the cutest, sweetest stuff that puts a smile on our faces!!!
9.gif

Mrs. Salvo, we love to see you; come visit us more often. . . you healthy preggo cutie!

Marcy, yay for your walking!!! Great job; I love love walking. I love boiled eggs but I don't like peeling them. hehe

Lorelei, I am jealous of you seeing all those bright stars out in the country and all that fresh air!!! You lucky duck! Miss Jasmine is so beautiful!

CDT, glad you found a more filling meal. I eat fage and toast; have fun at the gym!

It has been sooooo cold; in the 20's and low of 8 degree's at night. It makes me not want to leave the house; it is suppose to warm up on Friday, yay. I miss my outdoor walks. Today, I think I will use my ball and do muscle work. I have been eating healthy and low cal. I am making a pot roast tonight w/lots of veggies! I love veggies.
3.gif
Have a great day all and healthy and happy workout!!!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2008 11:55:02 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 1/16/2008 11:41:51 AM
HI:

35.gif

I watched half of ''The Good German'' on DVD to a mild workout--high paced low tension bike. My legs are sore from my ''river-walk''/pool sessions , but should be better by tomorrow when I go back. I''m lovin that workout!

cheers--Sharon
My weather is back to being pants again, I would welcome some pretty snow!!
HI:

Some snow did come, but it doesn''t look so pretty. Dreary. Grey. Better the sun should come out!

Made my way to the gynm in the blowing snow and found it was rather quiet! I didn''t wait for the treadmill today and did 20 minutes steep incline very fast pace--just below a run. Trot? My 70 minutes in the pool was again very productive. Hope I am not too sore tomorrow after my water run! Make me feel like a million bucks tho....

Hope veryone is AOK--getting better and/or keeping well. I still have no appetite but eat well nonetheless. P.S. Thanks for the link to the recipe Kimmi!

cheers--Sharon

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I wasn''t able to exercise the last two days due to a lunch meeting once day and promotion celebration luncheon for a buddy at work.

But today I did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I plan to go to the TBT class tomorrow. I have my maintain dont gain wieghout next tuesday so I''m curious to see how I''ve survived the holidays.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
everyone sounds like they are doing fab! yay for wwt positivity.

my fever is down today, yay, hoping for a good afternoon nap and then another long night of sleep to make me better for tomorrow. my boss said she''d rather me stay home tomorrow too so that i can be 100% for monday, we''ll see.

so last nite of course once i broke into the oreos it was downhill from there!! i tend to just eat the frosting and toss the cookies, so it wasn''t so bad actually. but lets just say that ummm i sent about 7 cookies to work with greg today and we have about 7 here in a baggie, but other than that, THE BAG IS GONE! hehehe. so between greg and i we made short work of it.

but it''s okay because i didn''t eat much yesterday other than soup and english muffins and clementines. today i''ve had egg whites and english muffin, coffee and airborne. soup for lunch most likely. i don''t know why but i''m addicted to TJ''s ff english muffins now. thankfully they are only 100 cals each.

lorelei, yay for a new routine! how fun.
kimi, glad some of what i wrote helped. i know it''s hard to visualize, maybe you can find online videos to assist with what i wrote. i hear ya on not really thinking about doing resistance at home but once you start it, you will probably become interested, i like that i can do ball work while watching my fave tivo''d shows at night hehee. but yeah sometimes having that trainer helps push you.

i went to have my big winter coat tailored yesterday for my upcoming trip. i also brought some pants to have hemmed as well, and some that need taking in. one pair of pants i bought slightly large but then i also lost weight so they are HUGE. the guy was like WOAH. and then my coat also...i bought it 6 years ago and it totally needed to be taken in, if i were to try to button it now it''d be on my side not the front...so the guy is going to remove a fair amount of extra material. i''m excited to have some ''new'' clothes to wear.

anyhow, time for some rest, hope everyone has a great, productive, healthy day!!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I am about 30 hours away from being done with Zippy. It will all culminate in a grand meeting at the school play I did my rather awful choreography for. The countdown begins.

I have my class tonight, which I am looking forward to!

It sounds as though the WWT needs to take a collective giant vitamin C tablet, some chicken soup, and a heating pad. Take care of yourselves. I believe that if you regularly work out, when you catch colds, they aren''t as severe. Or maybe it was that you catch fewer colds. In either case, that doesn''t help anyone right now. Sorry.

Just a few moments to comment because I need to dig out my long underwear. It''s going to be EIGHT DEGREES this weekend. EIGHT. That''s not a temperature. That''s a nice number for a dinner party.

Lady Pirate, sending lotsa good vibes for you. Congrats on your positive attitude.
Rod -- hang in there through these long days at work. Eat sushi and drink coffee for me, please.
Kimberly -- WOW! Foxy!
DeeJay, you crack me up about the phone/blackberry. DH is also in real estate and I swear you get work related calls at the oddest hours!

Everyone else -- hey! After tomorrow I can stay more focused on my eating/exercise.

Take care! Happy Almost Friday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas i''ll be in MN next week where it will be a HIGH OF NEGATIVE TWO. how a negative two is a HIGH i don''t quite get but whatever. considering that it''s 60 right now in SJ...i''ll be in a world of pain, esp if i''m not well. and yeah i do feel like i am fighting off this thing better than i would if i wasn''t in good shape and more healthy overall...so that''s a small consolation hehe.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and Happy Thursday- almost Friday!

I have been pretty good with the eating this week- have only been derailed by a piece of apple pie (which I don''t really even like, but someone put in front of me so I ate it) and pizza that was served at a lunch meeting. Both of which gave me terrible stomachaches, so maybe that will be a good deterrent for awhile.

It''s been much easier since DH is all gung-ho and only wants to eat healthy. Although I have been making him write down everything he eats and calculate the calories every day- and it''s so funny and cute to see him concentrating so hard every evening... BUT I looked at his list and he''s so off on so many things. For example, he had some nachos and a light beer and he calculated 350 calories. Umm, I wish nachos and a beer was only 350!!! It totally makes me giggle. I didn''t correct him yet, don''t want to deflate him when he''s so into it. Plus he was pretty much on target for the day with everything else he ate, so I just let him think he was under. I will slowly ease him into the reality of the calories though!!!!

Workout wise, not so much. Pilates and that''s about it. My goal for next week is to do some cardio, any cardio.

Sorry all of you are all so under the weather! Hope you all feel better in time for the weekend.

JAS- Congrats on the bambino to be. I have to say, your posts always crack me up and I am really looking forward to your take on mommyhood. But I missed something- what Second City classes are you taking? Are you giving up teaching?

Kimberly- I am like you, I don''t like working out at home. But I did used to do these strength/pilates videos that essentially consisted of a big ball and the rubber band thing. So easy, like 30 mins, and really worked me out well. I would check into DVD''s that tell you what do so you don''t have to think about it! Or like someone else said, I do get pretty good tips/moves from Self and other magazines.

Does anyone else feel weird sometimes saying you are on a diet or trying to be healthy? I am relatively thin- meaning I can cover up what I don''t like in clothes but it''s still there!- so I sometimes feel obnoxious or silly by saying I am watching what I am eating, esp around bigger people. And so I tend to compensate and eat the pizza/pie/whatever rather than argue with someone about why I don''t need to be dieting. I know I should just smile and say no thank you. But just wondering if anyone else gets grief about wanting to be healthy. People are weird.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon All!

I actually love doing cardio at home, it''s the resistance/weight training that I get sidetracked on. Mara, I''m going to check out some videos early next week.

China, when people ask why I''m so careful about eating and exercise I just say it''s so I can stay as healthy as I am. I find it odd that anyone would be judgemental about my eating habits, I would never tell someone they shouldn''t eat that piece of chocolate in the staff room, or the handful of chips they''re munching on before dinner. It amuses me when people comment on my weight/size when they don''t know my history. If it''s someone I like I''ll share my story if it''s not, I won''t.

Not sure what''s for dinner, not sure about working out. I''ll let you know!

Have a great afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results